PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Windhorst says some players frustrated Kawhi Leonard is getting too much love

mywastedlife900
01-26-2017, 09:21 AM
There is no question San Antonio Spurs All-Star forward Kawhi Leonard is cemented as a superstar in the NBA. There is no question San Antonio Spurs All-Star forward Kawhi Leonard is cemented as a superstar in the NBA. Now in his sixth season, he has won an NBA Championship, named Finals MVP and will be a starter for the West All-Stars in New Orleans .

There certainly are more accolades to come for Kawhi as he still has a lot of years left in the league. However, with plenty of accolades can come negativity from players.

During a recent ESPN Truehoop Podcast, the panel touched on Leonard while discussing their All-Star picks.

The show's hosts were going on about Kawhi and how he has improved his game year after year to now being San Antonio's main option on the offensive end.

However, the talk was interrupted by ESPN's Brian Windhorst stating there are a few players in the league who aren't liking the love Leonard is getting.

"Not everybody in the NBA feels the same way about Kawhi as you do."
"There are some people who are frustrated Kawhi has gotten as much love as he has."
"It's not just LeBron (James) actually. There's other top players who feel the same way."
Interesting but what gives?

I can almost forgive LeBron (if what Windhorst says is true) considering Leonard has been a thorn in his side since entering the league but where is this all coming from?

Kawhi is a hard worker and it has been seen. He has increased his scoring each and also is helping lead the Spurs to one of their best starts in franchise history.

One statement in the podcast that was made during the talk on Kawhi was, if he did not have Popovich, where would he be? Are they drudging up the whole "system-player" talk once again?

Laughable right?

Kawhi has proven to be a player that does not have to come from a big school, San Diego State, that is well known for basketball. He has the will and the mindset to work and continue to get better at his game. I do believe that without Popovich, Kawhi could still be as dominant of a player that he has shown to be.

Players always seem to knock a player down from seeing what they are achieving. With Kawhi, you can talk all you want, he won't talk back, he just simply lets his own game do the talking for him.

Maybe that is what these 'players' don't like. He brushes off their comments.

Twitter: MichaelRehome

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/espns-windhorst-says-some-players-frustrated-kawhi-leonard-is-getting-too-much-love

mywastedlife900
01-26-2017, 09:26 AM
When LeBron recently called Pop the best coast in history it was so transparent. 1. He was slighting Phil Jackson whom he hates. 2. He was implying Kawhi's success was due to Pop.
Kawhi is quiet he's not one of the boys and that rubs a lot of these new age NBA Divas the wrong way. I wonder which other stars are talking shit behind his back. Durant?

r0drig0lac
01-26-2017, 09:39 AM
When LeBron recently called Pop the best coast in history it was so transparent. 1. He was slighting Phil Jackson whom he hates. 2. He was implying Kawhi's success was due to Pop.
Kawhi is quiet he's not one of the boys and that rubs a lot of these new age NBA Divas the wrong way. I wonder which other stars are talking shit behind his back. Durant?
Durant for sure, PG13 and I'm sure Dray thinks it's better than Kawhi (actually, I really do believe Kawhi is something these guys in gsw are constantly talking about)

Fireball
01-26-2017, 09:42 AM
was this not discussed here already?

TXstbobcat
01-26-2017, 10:04 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265840

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2017, 10:09 AM
I think Kawhi could be somewhat in a lesser place if he didn't have the Spurs coaching staff, but that doesn't mean he's a system player in the sense that he depends on it to be elite. It just means that the coaches were capable of helping him develop into a star.

Take him out of SA right now and he'll be a star anywhere.

TheDoctor
01-26-2017, 10:26 AM

OP almost gave me a seizure just to think that I had to read again all over again the theories of who were Fathorst's mysterious suspects.

#Permaban
https://media.giphy.com/media/MEw0inp5gAlzO/giphy.gif

Keepin' it real
01-26-2017, 10:51 AM
ESPN's Windhorst says some players frustrated Kawhi Leonard is getting too much love

This is the first I've heard of it.

cd98
01-26-2017, 10:54 AM
Sounds like Kawhi is going to get frozen out of the all-star game by his disapproving peers. Maybe he is his generation's Michael Jordan.

DJR210
01-26-2017, 10:56 AM
Deja vu

bic50
01-26-2017, 10:57 AM
I have a gut feeling Rudy gay might be one of these guys that feels this way. I know he may not be considered a top player in the league but he just gave off that vibe to me whenever Spurs played the kings.

TheDoctor
01-26-2017, 10:58 AM
I have a gut feeling Rudy gay might be one of these guys that feels this way.

Rudy Gay isn't a top player when he mention LeBron as one of those "Top Players".

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Permaban faggot ass OP

el contusione
01-26-2017, 11:31 AM
You know he is really good when top players start hating him!! Just shows how great of a player he has become..

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2017, 11:35 AM
Sounds like Kawhi is going to get frozen out of the all-star game by his disapproving peers. Maybe he is his generation's Michael Jordan.

He probably couldn't care less, and was going to get frozen out anyway.

Westbrook & Durant are going to have a urination contest.

Spur|n|Austin
01-26-2017, 12:17 PM
As it was said in the last thread, they all just

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzSUo8iPp4M

lefty
01-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Damn a lot of Porkerstans are mad :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
01-26-2017, 01:24 PM
And what "big name college" did LeBust go to? :lol

mywastedlife900
01-26-2017, 02:33 PM