PDA

View Full Version : will you cheer for Lebron when he eventually signs with the spurs

davidbowie
01-26-2017, 01:08 PM
:flag:

Chinook
01-26-2017, 01:09 PM
I'd cheer for his ass immediately. I've always liked Lebron.

TheDoctor
01-26-2017, 01:13 PM
Hell yeah...love king james in silver and black

lilbthebasedgod
01-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Absolutely. James is one of the greatest players in history and my favorite player of this era. Absolutely.

$pursDynasty
01-26-2017, 01:24 PM
actually if LBJ actually believes what he says, then it is amazing that he hasn't signed with us yet. Probably not quite done getting over himself yet :pop:. I can easily see him making the move when he sours of Cleveland, but not ready to give the league over to the Dubs.

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2017, 01:25 PM
Idk, I've never liked him.

But if he comes to the Spurs he'll probably be like 38 and slowed down, playing PF to compensate, and completely bald. So maybe he'll have a different demeanor and I will be able to cheer for him.

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2017, 01:27 PM
actually if LBJ actually believes what he says, then it is amazing that he hasn't signed with us yet. Probably not quite done getting over himself yet :pop:. I can easily see him making the move when he sours of Cleveland, but not ready to give the league over to the Dubs.

He would only come if he can't make it anymore elsewhere in terms of money and titles as a main star. It would be a move to increase his longevity and title count maybe.

Canyonero
01-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Imagine LeBron reaching 30000/10000/10000 in SA

DJR210
01-26-2017, 01:33 PM
LeBron to the Spurs for a veterans minimum :tu

look_at_g_shred
01-26-2017, 01:34 PM
As long as he leaves his whining in Cleveland..it's part of the reason he will never come to SA. His outspokenness wouldn't be allowed here.

dabom
01-26-2017, 01:35 PM
LeBron to the Spurs for a veterans minimum :tu

r0drig0lac
01-26-2017, 01:36 PM
Absolutely. James is one of the greatest players in history

alpha_HaZE
01-26-2017, 01:37 PM
Dejounte, Green, Kawhi, Lebron and LA. A Spurs fan can only dream :)

DJR210
01-26-2017, 01:44 PM
We don't need LeBron here tbh, we already have a good GM

GM Depth - LeBron James, RC Buford

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2017, 01:56 PM
We don't need LeBron here tbh, we already have a good GM

GM Depth - LeBron James, RC Buford

He might not come if Mike Miller and James Jones are not options for the team :lol

TXstbobcat
01-26-2017, 01:59 PM
If Lebron ever did sign with the Spurs it would probably be when he is so far past his prime it wouldn't even matter.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-26-2017, 02:02 PM
Pop will never put up with LeBron's entourage.

TXstbobcat
01-26-2017, 02:04 PM
Lebron would demand Pop's title of President of Basetball Operations.

cjw
01-26-2017, 02:06 PM
If Lebron ever did sign with the Spurs it would probably be when he is so far past his prime it wouldn't even matter.

One more year after this one after which he can opt out and just happens to be when the Spurs' books clear out substantially (Parker, Green option, Aldridge option). I'll gladly take 33-34 year old Lebron to pair with Kawhi and likely Aldridge.

unleashbaynes
01-26-2017, 02:07 PM
LeKing + Kawhi would be so much fun.

$pursDynasty
01-26-2017, 02:08 PM
One more year after this one after which he can opt out and just happens to be when the Spurs' books clear out substantially (Parker, Green option, Aldridge option). I'll gladly take 33-34 year old Lebron to pair with Kawhi and likely Aldridge.
any one that wouldn't lacks basic basketball sense. He can't go back to Miami and the only other franchise well run enough to destroy the Dubs on a consistent basis is ours.

BillMc
01-26-2017, 02:13 PM
I'd take Jack the Ripper if he could knock down 3's and play defense.

Jut no Kobe. :lol

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 02:14 PM
of course. never disliked lebron as a player, pretty hard to. he's uber-talented, unselfish, and competitive.

he's kind of a bitch off the court, but w/e.

TXstbobcat
01-26-2017, 02:15 PM

I would certainly take a 33-34 year old Lebron. Even though he has been complaining lately in Cleveland, I just don't see him leaving until he is way past his prime.

Spurs9
01-26-2017, 02:16 PM
Leonard, Murray and Lebron :lobt2:

Pocho La Pantera
01-26-2017, 02:16 PM
That would make Tony the 6th best Spur ever. So no.

r0drig0lac
01-26-2017, 02:29 PM
34-35 years Lebron = top 10-15 player in the league
yes, he is good like that

BillMc
01-26-2017, 02:38 PM
On a (barely) related note to why LeBron might leave. Here is what Tristan Thompson said today:

Tristan Thompson says the Cavs are equipped to deal with the rut they're in: "No, ain't no distraction. Ain't no distraction. At the end of the day, it's basketball. Go out there and play. It's simple. Coach gives you the game plan, do your job or sit the f--- down. It's simple.

If you have to say "ain't no distraction" twice at the beginning of a question, there's probably a distraction.

GSH
01-26-2017, 02:54 PM
LeBron would be a bargain, because the Spurs wouldn't have to pay for a GM. :D

stnick2261
01-26-2017, 03:02 PM
I don't like him and would prefer to never see him on the Spurs... however, I would root for the success of any on the Spurs team.

DJR210
01-26-2017, 03:15 PM
He might not come if Mike Miller and James Jones are not options for the team :lol

We'd more than likely have to agree to take RJ back too

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2017, 03:26 PM
We'd more than likely have to agree to take RJ back too

Mo Williams would be calling every day to sign.

daledondale
01-26-2017, 03:29 PM
He isn't going to come because he's too damn pussy to play in WC.

Spur|n|Austin
01-26-2017, 03:31 PM

SpurPadre
01-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Fuck his bought not built ass, tbh.

BatManu20
01-26-2017, 04:10 PM
I've seen this topic mentioned quite a bit on this site.

But Lebron's not coming to the Spurs... Ever. He's not going to burn Cleveland again. He knows better. I get that he's frustrated and wants a couple more rings, but he's not burning that franchise again, especially not to come to the West. Besides, he already did the impossible and rang there so anything else is just gravy at this point.

GSH
01-26-2017, 04:35 PM

But Lebron's not coming to the Spurs... Ever. He's not going to burn Cleveland again. He knows better. I get that he's frustrated and wants a couple more rings, but he's not burning that franchise again, especially not to come to the West. Besides, he already did the impossible and rang there so anything else is just gravy at this point.

He hired Tyron Lue. He's effectively the GM. If they can't get another LOB soon, there's nobody to blame but him. He might bail on that. :lol

snickles
01-26-2017, 05:32 PM
he's be like another robert horry to me. love his game, can't stand what appears to be his public persona.

coachmac87
01-26-2017, 05:39 PM

But he's chasing Jordan's ghost. It's ALL about being the best player ever to him. He'd play on 7 teams if he'd accomplish that feat. He got what he came for in Cleveland and his ring count means more to him than "staying home". I'm not saying he's going to the Spurs but I think it's naive to think he's solely committed to the Cavs until his playing days are done.

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2017, 06:33 PM
Parker, Lebron, and Kawhi :wow

PopTheGOAT
01-26-2017, 07:26 PM
Murray, Lebron, and Kawhi :wow

baseline bum
01-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Idk, I've never liked him.

But if he comes to the Spurs he'll probably be like 38 and slowed down, playing PF to compensate, and completely bald. So maybe he'll have a different demeanor and I will be able to cheer for him.

Denying Raymond a ring after all his faggotry last season was more than enough to make me cheer LeBron last Finals.

tholdren
01-26-2017, 07:36 PM
Ban Chinook. Lebron is a grade A Dbag who is the most athletic player the nba has ever seen, is anti-competitive and wants things given to him. The problem with Lebum is he thinks he's basketball savvy and has an IQ. Well then, why did you hold your city hostage to sign players like Larry Hughes, and Mo Williams for millions, and have to have your owner go into almost 100 million in debt, JUST TO CONTEND, or why does he always shoot contested, fadeaway threes at the end of the game, rather than taking his smaller, less athletic man to the rim? He had to have his Miami team bail him out to save his "legacy" and technically if Manu/KL/POP didnt choke, and Ray Allen didnt hit the biggest shot there ever was in the nba, Lebum would just be an overhyped DBag whose mom went down on Delonte West.

Chinook is a loser. Lebron should never be cheered. He should have followed the greatest player in NBA History (tim) and stayed with one team his entire career. He's just the face of the joke that is the media hyped new nba - where you dont have to beat the best, or anyone really, to be the best.

GSH
01-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Denying Raymond a ring after all his faggotry last season was more than enough to make me cheer LeBron last Finals.

That, right there.

GSH
01-26-2017, 11:16 PM
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/26/lebron-james-reportedly-unhappy-cavaliers-spending

Oh, man, have any of you been reading what's going on between LeBron and the Cav's management? It's ratcheting up more every day. Gilbert committed to $300M in new contracts last year. Cleveland is up in the repeat-offender luxury tax. They already gave up a first round pick for Korver. And LeBron is starting to bitch publicly that they won't go out and buy a new player to help him. And today he sent a tweet that questioned whether the team really wants to win a repeat championship, because he isn't getting his way.

I respect the fact that he's a great player. But that shit is never happening in SA. The Cavs have spent more money than any team over the last three years, and last year they paid $54M in lux tax alone. If that's what it takes for LeBron to ring? Well if it is, there's no chance of him getting one in SA.

I'd welcome his talent, but I wouldn't welcome that BS.

AFMadison
01-26-2017, 11:36 PM
Pop will never put up with LeBron's entourage.
You mean posse :spin:hat

ducks
01-26-2017, 11:37 PM
Pop might like James he campaigned for Clinton

AFMadison
01-26-2017, 11:37 PM
Parker, Lebron, and Kawhi :wow
:lma

100%duncan
01-27-2017, 04:14 AM
Lebron is the greatest of his time tbh

cutewizard
01-27-2017, 04:25 AM
Kawhi and Lebron..................

Just imagine the possibilities!:claw

NameLess Scrub
01-27-2017, 08:01 AM

No quite enough to cheer for him, but I do appreciate the gesture, in some way :lol

NameLess Scrub
01-27-2017, 08:05 AM
Ban Chinook. Lebron is a grade A Dbag who is the most athletic player the nba has ever seen, is anti-competitive and wants things given to him. The problem with Lebum is he thinks he's basketball savvy and has an IQ. Well then, why did you hold your city hostage to sign players like Larry Hughes, and Mo Williams for millions, and have to have your owner go into almost 100 million in debt, JUST TO CONTEND, or why does he always shoot contested, fadeaway threes at the end of the game, rather than taking his smaller, less athletic man to the rim? He had to have his Miami team bail him out to save his "legacy" and technically if Manu/KL/POP didnt choke, and Ray Allen didnt hit the biggest shot there ever was in the nba, Lebum would just be an overhyped DBag whose mom went down on Delonte West.

Chinook is a loser. Lebron should never be cheered. He should have followed the greatest player in NBA History (tim) and stayed with one team his entire career. He's just the face of the joke that is the media hyped new nba - where you dont have to beat the best, or anyone really, to be the best.

I'm not this harsh, but basically he has given people reason to think main concept of this post.

NameLess Scrub
01-27-2017, 08:09 AM
But he's chasing Jordan's ghost. It's ALL about being the best player ever to him. He'd play on 7 teams if he'd accomplish that feat. He got what he came for in Cleveland and his ring count means more to him than "staying home". I'm not saying he's going to the Spurs but I think it's naive to think he's solely committed to the Cavs until his playing days are done.

Well, being considered the GOAT will be impacted by his superteaming, imho.

That aside, even if he wins more titles by doing stuff like joining the Spurs, he'll do it past his prime. Therefore he won't be the main star and will lose GOAT points because of that.

Title wise, he needs to win 3 more in the next 4 years probably, in order to match Jordan.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/26/lebron-james-reportedly-unhappy-cavaliers-spending

Oh, man, have any of you been reading what's going on between LeBron and the Cav's management? It's ratcheting up more every day. Gilbert committed to $300M in new contracts last year. Cleveland is up in the repeat-offender luxury tax. They already gave up a first round pick for Korver. And LeBron is starting to bitch publicly that they won't go out and buy a new player to help him. And today he sent a tweet that questioned whether the team really wants to win a repeat championship, because he isn't getting his way.

I respect the fact that he's a great player. But that shit is never happening in SA. The Cavs have spent more money than any team over the last three years, and last year they paid $54M in lux tax alone. If that's what it takes for LeBron to ring? Well if it is, there's no chance of him getting one in SA.

I'd welcome his talent, but I wouldn't welcome that BS.

Has anybody ever asked him who does he think he is, accompanied with a backhanded slap? :lol:lol

widowmaker
01-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Ill root for the spurs even when they go back to pre robinson era.

tbear280
01-27-2017, 10:39 AM
I think if you are a TRUE SPURS fan,or ask a TRUE SPURS fan, or ask anybody from SAN ANTONIO, we don't want or need Lebron and no they would never cheer for him. San Antonio = no drama type players. Lebron = drama queen 👸🏾

I. Hustle
01-27-2017, 10:54 AM
http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Basketball/2265/2265-680203Fr.jpg
http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Basketball/2675/2675-698416Bk.jpg

elemento
01-27-2017, 10:56 AM
Of course, I'm a Spurs fan, not a player fan. I'd cheer for KG or Jason Terry if they became SA players and I despise them.

NameLess Scrub
01-27-2017, 10:58 AM
http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Basketball/2265/2265-680203Fr.jpg
http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Basketball/2675/2675-698416Bk.jpg

Spurs: the Florida of professional basketball

But no alligators ;)

will_spurs
01-27-2017, 11:01 AM
I already cheer for Lebron when he's not playing against the Spurs, so that wouldn't really be an issue. It's not happening, though.

I. Hustle
01-27-2017, 11:06 AM
Spurs: the Florida of professional basketball

But no alligators ;)

Exactly. Those are only a couple of players. Perdue, G. Robinson, V. Maxwell, Doc Rivers, Steve Kerr (even though he was a big help), K. Willis, etc.

Cry Havoc
01-27-2017, 11:22 AM
34-35 years Lebron = top 10-15 player in the league
yes, he is good like that

He's 32 and arguably still the best player on the planet in the playoffs.

I'd say he could be top 5 in 2-3 years still.

It's kind of awesome that we were fortunate enough to see Duncan and LeBron, both top 5 players of all-time, playing at the same time in the NBA against each other in the Finals. You could argue that no other Finals has ever featured two top 5 players before. LeBron + Duncan > Magic and Bird IMO.

Spurious
01-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Of course, I'm a Spurs fan, not a player fan. I'd cheer for KG or Jason Terry if they became SA players and I despise them.

When the team you bleed for goes out and hires a player or coach you just don't like, it puts you in a tough spot. I wouldn't want LBJ on the Spurs, regardless of his talent, because I just don't care for the guy. But if he were on the team, I also wouldn't let him deny me of still being a hardcore Spurs fan. If I did, he'd have beaten me out of my basketball allegiance, and I just couldn't do that. Guess I'd have to hope for title runs in which he got upstaged by Kawhi and/or others. :)

NameLess Scrub
01-27-2017, 12:27 PM

It's kind of awesome that we were fortunate enough to see Duncan and LeBron, both top 5 players of all-time, playing at the same time in the NBA against each other in the Finals. You could argue that no other Finals has ever featured two top 5 players before. LeBron + Duncan > Magic and Bird IMO.

Imagine if everybody wasn't too busy trying to get Kobe vs Lebron, Durant vs Lebron in the Finals :lol

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_YODg65nll_o/SiTQptaGJGI/AAAAAAABwdc/piSlTQgLbQQ/s1000/news_mvpuppets-t-shirt-3.jpg

r0drig0lac
01-27-2017, 12:56 PM

While you might be right, we have a large number of young players with unknown ceiling at this moment, and also the current young superstars (kawhi, durant, Davis, etc). He could do, but I really would not bet on it.

Clipper Nation
01-27-2017, 01:03 PM

lol "arguably"
lol "in the playoffs"

In reality, he IS the best player on the planet and the greatest player in history, 24/7/365, 366 in a leap year. Doesn't matter if it's the preseason, the regular season, or the postseason. I know as a Warriors apologist, you're still salty about the wet shit he took on your second team in the Finals, but there's no need to downplay LeGOAT.

He'll never play for the Spurs, though. If the Melo trade goes down, the Clippers are the only team he'd ever consider leaving the Cavs for because he could assemble the banana-boat squad.

Robz4000
01-27-2017, 01:13 PM

Wew lad

Cry Havoc
01-27-2017, 01:43 PM
lol "arguably"
lol "in the playoffs"

In reality, he IS the best player on the planet and the greatest player in history, 24/7/365, 366 in a leap year. Doesn't matter if it's the preseason, the regular season, or the postseason. I know as a Warriors apologist, you're still salty about the wet shit he took on your second team in the Finals, but there's no need to downplay LeGOAT.

He'll never play for the Spurs, though. If the Melo trade goes down, the Clippers are the only team he'd ever consider leaving the Cavs for because he could assemble the banana-boat squad.

:lol The fuck are you saying. I just called him the best player on the planet. I pointed out that he might be top 3 even when he's 34. He's just not in the regular season because he doesn't give 100% effort on defense. And he shouldn't be expected to after 18 billion straight trips to the Finals.

:lol Warriors apologist. I was rooting for the Cavs in that series, you silly fuck. I love watching LeBron shut his haters up.

Agree that he will probably never come to the Spurs. I bet he wins a gold medal with Pop in 2020 though.

snickles
01-27-2017, 05:17 PM
Exactly. Those are only a couple of players. Perdue, G. Robinson, V. Maxwell, Doc Rivers, Steve Kerr (even though he was a big help), K. Willis, etc.

perdue and i think kerr came over in a trade. and my memory is more than a little fuzzy, but i seem to remember perdue, willis, and to a lesser degree robinson being serviceable contributors.

james evans
01-27-2017, 07:12 PM
NO, I wouldn't cheer cuz that means he'll be borderline washed up and expect to be carried to a ring.

SuperCam
01-27-2017, 10:21 PM
unfortunately Harlem is spot on in this case Poop will not tolerate even slightly outspokem black american let alone the most outspoken great player since kareem and ali...

Spurtacular
01-28-2017, 02:30 AM
Lebron at 42 signing with the Spurs :lmao

SpursforSix
01-28-2017, 03:08 AM

Would sure be nice to have even twilight Kevin Willis right now.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-28-2017, 07:16 AM
any one that wouldn't lacks basic basketball sense. He can't go back to Miami and the only other franchise well run enough to destroy the Dubs on a consistent basis is ours.

The Rockets would be pretty badass with LeBron and Harden.

TampaDude
01-28-2017, 08:04 AM
I'd cheer for his ass immediately. I've always liked LeBron.

^ this

cutewizard
01-28-2017, 08:31 AM
But seriously guys, would he do it?

Clipper Nation
01-28-2017, 09:52 AM
unfortunately Harlem is spot on in this case Poop will not tolerate even slightly outspokem black american let alone the most outspoken great player since kareem and ali...

spurs1990
01-28-2017, 10:54 AM
If he's a top 5 player he should assemble whatever stacked squad he wants in the JV conference.

He'd continue being in the Finals which is a guarantee over there.

SuperCam
01-28-2017, 02:24 PM
If he's a top 5 player he should assemble whatever stacked squad he wants in the JV conference.

He'd continue being in the Finals which is a guarantee over there.

meanwhile spurs can't get out of 2nd round against teams that choke against the warriors :wakeup

spurs1990
01-28-2017, 04:42 PM
meanwhile spurs can't get out of 2nd round against teams that choke against the warriors :wakeup

1-16 seeding. It'll happen. Just sit back and wait.

tholdren
01-28-2017, 04:46 PM
LeBum wasn't even better than Tim, let alone MJ. Go away

Cklbmk
01-28-2017, 04:47 PM
That would make Tony the 6th best Spur ever. So no.

Gervin, Robinson, Duncan, Manu, Kawhi, Murray, Bertans.

How would Tony jump 3 people if Lebron came?

Pocho La Pantera
01-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Gervin, Robinson, Duncan, Manu, Kawhi, Murray, Bertans.

How would Tony jump 3 people if Lebron came?
:lol

Spurtacular
01-28-2017, 05:32 PM
1-16 seeding. It'll happen. Just sit back and wait.

Not in the Lebron era.

tonight...you
01-28-2017, 07:44 PM
But seriously guys, would he do it?
In 1 word: No.

james evans
01-29-2017, 10:34 AM
we can think the goat coach for the last 2 playoff losses

I. Hustle
01-30-2017, 11:48 AM
perdue and i think kerr came over in a trade. and my memory is more than a little fuzzy, but i seem to remember perdue, willis, and to a lesser degree robinson being serviceable contributors.

Not to say they didn't contribute. We got them past their prime though. I liked those guys it just would have be nice to have had them on the team 10-15 years younger.

tholdren
02-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Lebron needs more help

sasaint
02-02-2017, 08:02 PM

I barely remember Robinson getting off the bench.

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-02-2017, 08:07 PM
LeBum wasn't even better than Tim, let alone MJ. Go away