PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Woj: NY shopping Melo to Celtics, Clippers

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2017, 01:43 PM
Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers (who's having a decent year, mind you) gets it done.

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 01:55 PM
:lmao Clipper Nation

Clipper Nation
01-26-2017, 01:59 PM
:vomit:

At least Ainge has all those Brooklyn picks and will probably be desperate enough to use them. Thanks to Doc squandering all our assets over the past few years, we can't compete with that.

RsxPiimp
01-26-2017, 03:23 PM
this has boston's name written all over it tbh. though, I'd be cautious giving any of Brooklyn's picks. melo also has a 15% trade kicker. this should be a fire sale.

I tell you what though, I know the lakers, mainly jim are desperate to get a star player even if its in a form of a huge tumor and with Jackson and Jeanie separated, no one can cite conflict of interest :lol

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 04:07 PM
BOS Trades: BKY Pick + Jerebko + Amir Johnson + Marcus Smart

NY Trades: Melo

RsxPiimp
01-26-2017, 04:14 PM

bky pick? come on man, that's an overpay imo.

baseline bum
01-26-2017, 04:26 PM

No way man, that's going to be a top 3 pick with a really good chance to be #1. No way they'd move that for a 33 year old Melo. I mean Cleveland got a 26 year old Kevin Love for #1 pick Wiggins. I can see Boston trading the pick since this draft is PG heavy at the top, but they can do a lot better than an aging Anthony.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2017, 04:31 PM
I feel sorry for any team considering trade for Fatmelo.

skmblz
01-26-2017, 04:41 PM
Thank god Cuban passed on Fatmelo. I would have put it past him

Robz4000
01-26-2017, 04:46 PM
Griffin for Melo, do it Mit-err...Doc!

RsxPiimp
01-26-2017, 04:48 PM
No way man, that's going to be a top 3 pick with a really good chance to be #1. No way they'd move that for a 33 year old Melo. I mean Cleveland got a 26 year old Kevin Love for #1 pick Wiggins. I can see Boston trading the pick since this draft is PG heavy at the top, but they can do a lot better than an aging Anthony.
boston has tons of picks at their disposal, but bky should be a no go tbh, especially not for 2017 where they have a chance to either draft fultz or ball.

below are boston's picks for the next 2 years

2017 2nd from Cavs
2017 2nd from Clippers
2017 2nd from Minnesota
2018 1st from Brooklyn (right to swap)
2019 1st from Clippers
2019 1st from Memphis
2019 2nd from Detroit
2019 2nd from Miami

there's plenty of 2nd round picks and the clippers and Memphis 2019 1st picks danny ainge can dangle.

Clipper Nation
01-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Griffin for Melo, do it Mit-err...Doc!

Frank Isola (Knicks reporter) just pointed out that the CBA doesn't even allow the Knicks to trade Melo for Blake, since they already traded for one Designated Rookie Max player (Rose) and you can't trade for another one.

:lol Knicks are going to be stuck with the fatass for the rest of his contract.

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 05:25 PM
bky pick? come on man, that's an overpay imo.

With all due respect - I think that is a price BOS should pay. BOS needs talent and overall MELO would still be the most talented player on that team. BOS would not be giving up any players that really hurt them now or long term other than Smart and with IT playing so well and Bradley being solid it's really not much. I'm not that high on smart as a key piece to any team although he's young and has some potential.

The pick is the biggest deal but with CLE struggling, just landing Al Horford adding Melo for a couple years guaranteed for what that pick could be is fair. BOS is solid and trying to go for it now. They have had picks for year and nothing has materialized.

Melo is an asset too so if something didn't work out they could still re-coup some value if they needed to ship Melo out.

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 05:54 PM
But I get it. It's definitley a huge gamble for a guy that may not truly be worth it. I can see the merits of not giving up a top 3 pick for Melo. It's probably the prudent thing to wait. I can just see why someone MIGHT do it.

And TBH, I didn't realize BKY record was that bad. I thought I had seen them win more games than that.

baseline bum
01-26-2017, 06:07 PM
boston has tons of picks at their disposal, but bky should be a no go tbh, especially not for 2017 where they have a chance to either draft fultz or ball.

below are boston's picks for the next 2 years

2017 2nd from Cavs
2017 2nd from Clippers
2017 2nd from Minnesota
2018 1st from Brooklyn (right to swap)
2019 1st from Clippers
2019 1st from Memphis
2019 2nd from Detroit
2019 2nd from Miami

there's plenty of 2nd round picks and the clippers and Memphis 2019 1st picks danny ainge can dangle.

Holy fuck, I forgot they had Brookyln's pick next year too.

RsxPiimp
01-26-2017, 06:10 PM
yeah man^ danny screwed king so bad hahaha. one of the most lopsided trade in history, possibly top 5 considering the next 2 BKY picks are probably top 3 :lol

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 06:29 PM
yeah man^ danny screwed king so bad hahaha. one of the most lopsided trade in history, possibly top 5 considering the next 2 BKY picks are probably top 3 :lol

I mean kind of. Well, it was, but it's not like BOS has done anything with it.

baseline bum
01-26-2017, 06:30 PM
With all due respect - I think that is a price BOS should pay. BOS needs talent and overall MELO would still be the most talented player on that team. BOS would not be giving up any players that really hurt them now or long term other than Smart and with IT playing so well and Bradley being solid it's really not much. I'm not that high on smart as a key piece to any team although he's young and has some potential.

The pick is the biggest deal but with CLE struggling, just landing Al Horford adding Melo for a couple years guaranteed for what that pick could be is fair. BOS is solid and trying to go for it now. They have had picks for year and nothing has materialized.

Melo is an asset too so if something didn't work out they could still re-coup some value if they needed to ship Melo out.

Why would Boston mortgage its future for a past his prime name who isn't very good any more? That's how they got in this amazing position to begin with, by taking advantage of the Nets being so short-sighted. Plus Boston can easily clear a max salary slot this summer by dumping Jaylen Brown, or even better their Clippers/Memphis picks to someone to take Zeller's expiring contract off their hands. Then they can go out there and make a strong case for Blake Griffin or Gordon Hayward to join this summer. The Celtics are in such an unbelievably good situation and there is no good reason to mortgage that for Carmelo Anthony.

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 06:33 PM
Why would Boston mortgage its future for a past his prime name who isn't very good any more? That's how they got in this amazing position to begin with, by taking advantage of the Nets being so short-sighted. Plus Boston can easily clear a max salary slot this summer by dumping Jaylen Brown, or even better their Clippers/Memphis picks to someone to take Zeller's expiring contract off their hands. Then they can go out there and make a strong case for Blake Griffin or Gordon Hayward to join this summer. The Celtics are in such an unbelievably good situation and there is no good reason to mortgage that for Carmelo Anthony.

Melo is still good - that is where people have to stop going overboard with the hyperbole. To what degree he can play a different role is one thing, but he's still a really good player.

But I get it. It's a lot to give up for a guy that probably doesn't clearly put you over the top. If that's the case you probably can't give up the #1 pick even in a draft that is weak (not sure about this one).

But if CLE continues to slide, BOS is in the mix and adding Melo would definitely help them.

baseline bum
01-26-2017, 06:34 PM
I mean kind of. Well, it was, but it's not like BOS has done anything with it.

Smart seems like a bust but Jaylen Brown is still way too early to call.

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 06:39 PM
Smart seems like a bust but Jaylen Brown is still way too early to call.

Just saying that the trade was made in 2013 and it's now 2017 and BOS doesn't truly have much to show for it. I mean, they aren't bad but no real foundation (even though they are solid this year). I mean, they have been a first round team a few times since the trade, but they really haven't capitalized much.

But the trade is still paying off so the entire picture with both Brown and this pick this year will tell the story.

baseline bum
01-26-2017, 06:46 PM
Just saying that the trade was made in 2013 and it's now 2017 and BOS doesn't truly have much to show for it. I mean, they aren't bad but no real foundation (even though they are solid this year). I mean, they have been a first round team a few times since the trade, but they really haven't capitalized much.

But the trade is still paying off so the entire picture with both Brown and this pick this year will tell the story.

We the trade was for 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018 picks. You can expect those last three to have panned out by now.

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2017, 06:46 PM
This is somehow getting traction. Isola is a hack but he reported none of the big 3 is required to make this deal work. This all boils doen to Austin Rivers whonthe Knicks pursued and Jamal Crawford whose final year is partially guaranteed. We dont have much picks but 2021 is available.

Wow...

Robz4000
01-26-2017, 06:58 PM
Hope the Clips make that trade tbh. It'd make them better against the Dubs but eases the matchup for the Spurs a bit; Auscrub and Crawful always seem to have career nights against them.

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 07:05 PM
Hope the Clips make that trade tbh. It'd make them better against the Dubs but eases the matchup for the Spurs a bit; Auscrub and Crawful always seem to have career nights against them.it would help the spurs a ton. kawhi has always seemed out of place against the clips, adding melo to the mix would help us

Robz4000
01-26-2017, 07:05 PM
it would help the spurs a ton. kawhi has always seemed out of place against the clips, adding melo to the mix would help us

That too.

Chillen
01-26-2017, 07:07 PM
it would help the spurs a ton. kawhi has always seemed out of place against the clips, adding melo to the mix would help us

Well if they deal for Melo they will probably make another deal. If this happens it's not a good thing, I like the GSW being the Spurs only roadblock to a Finals appearance.

spurraider21
01-26-2017, 07:13 PM
:lol thinking past his prime fatmelo makes a team more formidable

Robz4000
01-26-2017, 07:15 PM
Well if they deal for Melo they will probably make another deal. If this happens it's not a good thing, I like the GSW being the Spurs only roadblock to a Finals appearance.

As of right now, both teams healthy, the Spurs don't beat the Clippers in a series. If this trade goes down and the Clips lose both Rivers and Crawford (and Mbah a Moute possibly) the Spurs regain the advantage.

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2017, 07:17 PM
Hope the Clips make that trade tbh. It'd make them better against the Dubs but eases the matchup for the Spurs a bit; Auscrub and Crawful always seem to have career nights against them.
Different team, different dynamics.

Robz4000
01-26-2017, 07:21 PM
Different team, different dynamics.

Yeah, a dynamic that Kawhi has shit on since he came into the league. Meanwhile, Kawhi has struggled more against the current Clips more than he has against any other team.

timtonymanu
01-26-2017, 07:46 PM
Please make it happen. Whatever takes shots away from CP3, Blake, and Redick. Clippers are the only team Spurs can't figure out with their current roster.

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2017, 08:10 PM
Yeah, a dynamic that Kawhi has shit on since he came into the league. Meanwhile, Kawhi has struggled more against the current Clips more than he has against any other team.
Hmmm, you honestly believe Jamal Crawford is the difference maker in a Spurs-Clippers rematch?

Ok.

Robz4000
01-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Hmmm, you honestly believe Jamal Crawford is the difference maker in a Spurs-Clippers rematch?

Ok.

A combination of him/Rivers/Reddick, yes.

Clipper Nation
01-26-2017, 08:17 PM
Porker is the difference maker, tbh. As long as he gets more minutes than MVPatty or MVMurray, we have a chance.

Seventyniner
01-26-2017, 08:34 PM
I think this is trouble for the Spurs if the Clips manage to keep Redick along with their big 3. They would have a horrible bench but that can be mitigated in the playoffs.

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2017, 08:49 PM
A combination of him/Rivers/Reddick, yes.

I'll give you Reddick since he's, at times, plays like the Clippers 2nd best player. Rivers and Crawful are expendable pieces. Just a recent example, Doc plugged Felton in CP3'sbsence and was effective in limited minutes to close out the game against the Spurs ( We also didn't have Blake, fyi)

You have to acknowledge that when the Clipper face the Spurs, the system is at work.

FkLA
01-26-2017, 08:54 PM
Melo does turn into somewhat of a cancer on bad teams but when engaged he's still a huge talent. He was amazing that year the Thuggets made the WCF and that one year the Knicks won 50 games. I know he's older now, but I don't agree with the notion that he'd hurt the Clippers especially if all they'd give up is Crawford/Auscrub Rivers.

Their starting line-up would be scary af, tbh.

Chucho
01-26-2017, 09:07 PM
Sweet Jesus let Melo end up on the Clips. Clips go from being that kryptonite team to eating kryptonite themselves and need chemotherapy.

Chillen
01-26-2017, 09:12 PM
Do any of these reports have any legs? So the Celtics, Cavs do not want Melo, but the Clippers can get Melo for very little according to reports. Not sure what to believe with some of these reports. Until they trade him to a team with his consent, it's probably all BS.

-21-
01-26-2017, 09:14 PM
So Melo is willing to wave his no-trade clause? Huh, I thought Phil would be the one to leave since Melo seems content with just being in NY.

StrengthAndHonor
01-26-2017, 09:40 PM
Do any of these reports have any legs? So the Celtics, Cavs do not want Melo, but the Clippers can get Melo for very little according to reports. Not sure what to believe with some of these reports. Until they trade him to a team with his consent, it's probably all BS.

Isola is reporting it, so take that with a grain of salt.

Seventyniner
01-27-2017, 12:08 AM
Would trading bench players for Melo actually make the Clippers a threat to the Warriors? I mean a threat to push that series to at least 6.

Kawhitstorm
01-27-2017, 12:39 AM
Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers (who's having a decent year, mind you) gets it done.

Doc trading Austin when he has been the best bench player on the team.:lmao

Kawhitstorm
01-27-2017, 01:21 AM

Melo/Blake are also a bad fit as they both like to hold the ball & postup, also imagine Melo being their wing defender.:lol

spurraider21
01-27-2017, 01:27 AM
Melo does turn into somewhat of a cancer on bad teams but when engaged he's still a huge talent. He was amazing that year the Thuggets made the WCF and that one year the Knicks won 50 games. I know he's older now, but I don't agree with the notion that he'd hurt the Clippers especially if all they'd give up is Crawford/Auscrub Rivers.

Their starting line-up would be scary af, tbh.he plays iso ball which kawhi can handle... and every possession that goes through him is one where cp3/blake arent running a pick and roll. he's an awful fit, particularly in a spurs matchup

Mal
01-27-2017, 06:52 AM
He would be eaten alive by Kawhi, Durant or LeBron, but not that Clippers have better option at SF right now.

SpursforSix
01-27-2017, 08:40 AM
He's the forgotten ninja from that draft.

SpursforSix
01-27-2017, 08:42 AM
He would be eaten alive by Kawhi, Durant or LeBron, but not that Clippers have better option at SF right now.

Is this right? I can't remember the last time I watched a full game featuring CA. I see his espn highlights and it looks like he still has something offensively. But he doesn't look like a particularly good defender.

StrengthAndHonor
01-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Doc trading Austin when he has been the best bench player on the team.:lmaoSo, your suggestion is to skip on Melo because the Clippers will miss out on Austin Rivers?:lol

Kawhitstorm
01-27-2017, 02:24 PM
So, your suggestion is to skip on Melo because the Clippers will miss out on Austin Rivers?:lol

Doc ain't trading his son when he's having the best season of his career.:wakeup

StrengthAndHonor
01-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Doc ain't trading his son when he's having the best season of his career.:wakeup
If anything, I can see Doc approving the trade. Austin has a chance to be a starter for the Knicks. It's a great opportunity.

Mal
01-27-2017, 06:11 PM
Is this right? I can't remember the last time I watched a full game featuring CA. I see his espn highlights and it looks like he still has something offensively. But he doesn't look like a particularly good defender.

You can`t rely on his jumper anymore. His defense is not exisiting. So guys like Leonard, James and Durant will dominate him both ends. I`m talking about such guys, cause LAC doing this transfer is not with aim at ring

baseline bum
01-27-2017, 08:00 PM
You guys are nuts thinking the Clippers are better off with Coc's son than Melo.

FkLA
01-27-2017, 08:13 PM
he plays iso ball which kawhi can handle... and every possession that goes through him is one where cp3/blake arent running a pick and roll. he's an awful fit, particularly in a spurs matchup

Disagree. CP3 will dominate the ball no matter what, and Melo's shot makes him a dangerous off-ball player for them. Sure, he'd see his share of isos but that isn't necessarily a bad thing if it isn't done in excess.

Clipper Nation
01-27-2017, 08:18 PM

LnGrrrR
01-27-2017, 09:08 PM
No thanks.

StrengthAndHonor
01-27-2017, 09:20 PM
So, Crawford and Austin and a 1st round pick it is.

StrengthAndHonor
01-27-2017, 09:26 PM

baseline bum
01-27-2017, 09:27 PM
So, Crawford and Austin and a 1st round pick it is.

That's a crazy steal, especially if it's a pick in the next couple of years which will be a piece of shit considering how late the Clippers would draft.

baseline bum
01-27-2017, 09:31 PM
Still, what the fuck do the Knicks get out of taking Crawford's deal? It doesn't make much sense. They're not saving any money with Crawford + Rivers vs Anthony. I would get it if Crawford had a year remaining, not but with three (counting this year).

StrengthAndHonor
01-27-2017, 09:34 PM
Still, what the fuck do the Knicks get out of taking Crawford's deal? It doesn't make much sense. They're not saving any money with Crawford + Rivers vs Anthony. I would get it if Crawford had a year remaining, not but with three (counting this year).
NTC

Crawford's final year is only partially guaranteed/

Clipper Nation
01-27-2017, 09:35 PM
They're trying to find a third team to take Jamal. Maybe Fredo will get involved. Jamal right now is very similar to prime Kobe, and if he can't ring with Brandon "Next Durant" Ingram, Julian "Better Than Duncan" Randle, and Timofey Abdul-Mozgov....

StrengthAndHonor
01-27-2017, 09:37 PM
That's a crazy steal, especially if it's a pick in the next couple of years which will be a piece of shit considering how late the Clippers would draft.

Like I said, NTC, it's the torn in Jackson's side.

Clipper Nation
01-28-2017, 10:20 PM
With the massacre that's going on right now tonight, I say no to Melo. This team needs to be blown all the way up. This weakminded group of losers, starting with the pathetic "coach"/"GM," isn't worth mortgaging any more of our future on.

Kawhitstorm
01-28-2017, 10:43 PM
With the massacre that's going on right now tonight, I say no to Melo. This team needs to be blown all the way up. This weakminded group of losers, starting with the pathetic "coach"/"GM," isn't worth mortgaging any more of our future on.

The only thing they are good for is cucking the Spurs & giving the Duds a cakewalk to the Finals.:bang

If only the "GOAT" coach could figure out Doc after a decade.....:rolleyes

Spurs9
01-28-2017, 10:43 PM

Hes on his way after this game tbh

Clipper Nation
01-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Hes on his way after this game tbh

The trade probably isn't happening anyway. Doc cucked himself by giving such a retarded contract to Jamal in the offseason that nobody wants.

StrengthAndHonor
01-29-2017, 12:01 AM
The trade probably isn't happening anyway. Doc cucked himself by giving such a retarded contract to Jamal in the offseason that nobody wants.
Tbh :lol

Still hoping some retarded GM will take the bait.

Will Hunting
01-29-2017, 10:35 AM
Imo LA should either be trading for Melo as a last ditch gamble with the team they have, or they should blow it all up, but either way they should be doing a major deal at the deadline. It's pretty clear the big 3 of CP3 griffin and Jordan isn't good enough to contend.

cd021
01-29-2017, 12:16 PM

I assume the deal would be for Crawford, Brice Johnson, and Wesley Johnson. Doc already said that he wouldn't trade Austin.

That would save the Knicks a bunch of money and there is a rumor that they are looking for a third team to take on Crawford so they won't have to be tied down to his salary.