PDA

View Full Version : GOP faction wants to eliminate teh filibuster

FuzzyLumpkins
01-27-2017, 12:12 AM
PHILADELPHIA — Rep. Trent Franks had a simple question for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell during a private GOP meeting here Wednesday: Would he take up anti-abortion legislation the House passed? McConnell shot back that it would never get through the Senate because Democrats aren’t “pro-life” and have the votes to stop it.

So why don’t you just change the rules? Rep. Bruce Poliquin demanded moments later. McConnell dodged, suggesting it's not going to happen.

Congressional Republicans came here for a private retreat this week hoping to get on the same page on plans to repeal Obamacare and overhaul the tax code. But age-old tensions between the fast-moving House and plodding Senate percolated just hours into their three-day gathering.

House Republicans, eager to pass conservative priorities they’ve campaigned on for years, are already feeling restless that the Senate — and its higher hurdle for passage — will blunt their efforts. They’d love to kill the filibuster, a nuclear option the tradition-bound McConnell is loath to deploy.

“The public doesn’t want to hear about process; they want to see us get stuff done,” said Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.). “I think there is a very low threshold of tolerance among our electorate right now for historical process (and) precedent.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/senate-house-filibuster-mcconnell-234192

They need to change their name from conservative. And Rogers, the people are tired of you not the Constitution.

Thread
01-27-2017, 01:40 AM
Democrats opened that door. There ain't no turnin' back now, Fuzzy.

I've no sympathy for you.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-27-2017, 06:30 AM

Opened what door? They could have removed it during the Obama administration when they had both chambers and GOP obstructionism was their method. It was not.

I have sympathy for you. You seem an emotional cripple in how you derive joy. I look at sympathy like Nietzsche did btw.

DMC
01-27-2017, 06:35 AM
Fuzzy getting his name drop on.

Don't you just love debating with people who drop names of philosophers as if that somehow means something?

Chinook
01-27-2017, 07:54 AM
I hate the filibuster anyway.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-27-2017, 08:48 AM
Fuzzy getting his name drop on.

Don't you just love debating with people who drop names of philosophers as if that somehow means something?

:lol Posturing because you have no clue what Nietzsche said about sympathy. Sorry that his bringing it up led me to recall it. It's only tied completely into his stance on slave morality and central to his will to power.

Typically complaints such as yours come with a demonstration of how a topic was misapplied or incorrect in some fashion; well typically in educated circles. Instead you just whine that it was brought up like a low class simpleton. Not that something educated was done incorrectly but rather that something educated was said at all It speaks to an inferiority complex common amongst lower classes.

And of course you dodge the substantive argument. You have nothing, dim.

Thread
01-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Opened what door? They could have removed it during the Obama administration when they had both chambers and GOP obstructionism was their method. It was not.

I have sympathy for you. You seem an emotional cripple in how you derive joy. I look at sympathy like Nietzsche did btw.

Count me in, Fuzzy. And Ray asked no quarter & gave nary.

spurraider21
01-27-2017, 01:59 PM

Harry reid did use the nuclear option, though

DMC
01-28-2017, 12:04 AM
:lol Posturing because you have no clue what Nietzsche said about sympathy. Sorry that his bringing it up led me to recall it. It's only tied completely into his stance on slave morality and central to his will to power.

Typically complaints such as yours come with a demonstration of how a topic was misapplied or incorrect in some fashion; well typically in educated circles. Instead you just whine that it was brought up like a low class simpleton. Not that something educated was done incorrectly but rather that something educated was said at all It speaks to an inferiority complex common amongst lower classes.

And of course you dodge the substantive argument. You have nothing, dim.

:lol douchebag thinking dropping a few names of philosophers from entry level philosophy classes pushes his meager offerings into legitimate debate levels. You've spent way too much time on secular forums stroking your ego with other fat neck bearded blowhard homosexuals.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-28-2017, 01:13 AM
:lol douchebag thinking dropping a few names of philosophers from entry level philosophy classes pushes his meager offerings into legitimate debate levels. You've spent way too much time on secular forums stroking your ego with other fat neck bearded blowhard homosexuals.

:lol more low class posturing.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-28-2017, 04:21 AM
Harry reid did use the nuclear option, though

He changed the rules in how it is used. He did not blow it up.

Reid was a douche too. It's a good thing he and Wasserman are gone.

Thread
01-28-2017, 05:58 AM
He changed the rules in how it is used. He did not blow it up.

Reid was a douche too. It's a good thing he and Wasserman are gone.

He opened the door, Fuzzy. And it's stayin' open.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-28-2017, 06:46 AM

FuzzyLumpkins
01-28-2017, 07:38 AM
He opened the door, Fuzzy. And it's stayin' open.

And McConnell is saying no.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/mitch-mcconnell-trump-filibuster-234293

Reid retired but hey you are welcome to your wishcasting that Trump can do what he wants unilaterally.

Thread
01-28-2017, 12:23 PM
And McConnell is saying no.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/mitch-mcconnell-trump-filibuster-234293

Reid retired but hey you are welcome to your wishcasting that Trump can do what he wants unilaterally.

I'll just bet he is.