PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Blacks Vs Whites

Gummi Clutch
01-28-2017, 03:26 PM
People always want to talk about racism. But say you have two players, same athleticism, skill set, height, just the same all around...who would you pick on your team if one was black and one was white ? I'm not even gonna bother asking about asian since its implied that racism there would exist...

FkLA
01-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Mexican

Thread
01-28-2017, 03:32 PM
White. They're not prone to the pursuit of (payback) nor the habit of trolling & trapping authority. Whites aspire to win the last game they play.

Gummi Clutch
01-28-2017, 03:38 PM
White. They're not prone to the pursuit of (payback) nor the habit of trolling & trapping authority. Whites aspire to win the last game they play.
See, no racism here but this is true. You don't have to worry about guys after nothing but big paychecks they can use on rims, grills, and whatever other stupid shit NBA players do. Whether we like to admit it or not, cultural differences value intrinsic success more in white.

Athleticism for both will decrease as time goes on, even though both started off the same. 10$ though that the white player's game will age more gracefully as he will rely less on it.

For me, the choice is white.

StrengthAndHonor
01-28-2017, 05:30 PM
It depends. For anything hoop related, African Americans are just much more marketable, obvious reason is they have much more flair and "swag" than their white counterparts IMHO. I was watching a Bucks game a week ago and even a nobody like Tony Snell looked so damn beautiful throwing a baseline jam.

A guy like Doug McDermott would have to throw it down 10x as hard and posterize a somebody like Embiid to get a reaction out of me.

Spurtacular
01-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Taking "same all around" to mean character and basketball IQ, too, I go with the white guy. Better for revenues.

Killakobe81
01-29-2017, 01:59 PM
Taking "same all around" to mean character and basketball IQ, too, I go with the white guy. Better for revenues.

In that case I would choosethe one with the model type looks regardless of skin color...sex sells.

Arcadian
01-29-2017, 02:08 PM
If all other variables were truly held constant, I wouldn't care obviously.

Spurtacular
01-29-2017, 03:01 PM
In that case I would choosethe one with the model type looks regardless of skin color...sex sells.

If the difference were that pronounced, you'd be right.

lefty
01-29-2017, 04:10 PM
Ask Craig Hodges

Spurtacular
01-29-2017, 04:31 PM
Ask Craig Hodges

Are you saying he was cut in favor of Kerr or whomever?

Hodges sucked in every facet besides shooting (open) threes; so, I'd be inclined to disagree.

Killakobe81
01-29-2017, 07:19 PM
If the difference were that pronounced, you'd be right.

I had a top sales manager I was training on targeted selection recruiting techniques tell me he understood what I was saying but if it came down to it he chooses attractive over better qualified, everytime. His branch looked like a CW show ...and he outsold everyone.

Spurtacular
01-29-2017, 08:23 PM
I had a top sales manager I was training on targeted selection recruiting techniques tell me he understood what I was saying but if it came down to it he chooses attractive over better qualified, everytime. His branch looked like a CW show ...and he outsold everyone.

I can believe that. I once did work for a car dealership once. The hot and sexy, inexperienced ditz doubled the next closest seller in sales.

lefty
01-29-2017, 08:27 PM
Are you saying he was cut in favor of Kerr or whomever?

Hodges sucked in every facet besides shooting (open) threes; so, I'd be inclined to disagree.
Referring to this tbh

https://youtu.be/51k3HQyc7oA

Spurtacular
01-29-2017, 09:01 PM
Referring to this tbh

That was a fluff piece. Craig Hodges wasn't cut over social activism. He was cut b/c he was on the downhill and he was a one trick pony to begin with. The fact that his three point shooting took him 10 years into the league is frankly amazing. And I say this as someone being relatively objective. I was a fan of him back in the day and disappointed when he was cut. Because honestly, he could've arguably played two or three years more if the opportunity was there. But I'm not buying the spin that he's a martyr.

DeadlyDynasty
01-29-2017, 09:26 PM
Referring to this tbh

:lolyesterday's victims

lefty
01-29-2017, 09:41 PM
That was a fluff piece. Craig Hodges wasn't cut over social activism. He was cut b/c he was on the downhill and he was a one trick pony to begin with. The fact that his three point shooting took him 10 years into the league is frankly amazing. And I say this as someone being relatively objective. I was a fan of him back in the day and disappointed when he was cut. Because honestly, he could've arguably played two or three years more if the opportunity was there. But I'm not buying the spin that he's a martyr.

At the time he still had an interesting profile

A top 3 pt shooter with championship experience who could have been a good addition to a contender

How is that different from TOSB Kerr helping the Spurs win their 1st 2 titles?

Spurtacular
01-29-2017, 10:47 PM
At the time he still had an interesting profile

A top 3 pt shooter with championship experience who could have been a good addition to a contender

How is that different from TOSB Kerr helping the Spurs win their 1st 2 titles?

You think things always work out just so perfectly? The Bulls had a wealth of three shooters and who were better in other facets of their game. And perhaps Hodges had a strong personality that rubbed staff and teammates the wrong way (perhaps not). I just don't buy the conspiracy theory that Hodges was let go because he delivered a letter to the president. What made Hodges worth keeping? I loved him from a fan p.o.v. But looking back at it now, I can see how the move to cut him made some sense.

He had played 10 years. He was coming off a career low .384 FG from the field. He wasn't a playmaker or defender. The Bulls had a wealth of younger and better guards. He didn't get cheated out of 40 or 50 million dollars. This is just him and the media shamelessly selling a bull shit narrative.

That said, I would've loved to have seen a team pick him up. It bothered me at the time that the guy who had won 3 straight 3 point contests (?) would not be in the league.

Maybe word got around that this guy was a mini diva or something of the sort, and nobody wanted to pick him up. Who knows. But this cannot be the tragedy that that fluff piece presents.

lefty
01-29-2017, 10:49 PM
You think things always work out just so perfectly? The Bulls had a wealth of three shooters and who were better in other facets of their game. And perhaps Hodges had a strong personality that rubbed staff and teammates the wrong way (perhaps not). I just don't buy the conspiracy theory that Hodges was let go because he delivered a letter to the president. What made Hodges worth keeping? I loved him from a fan p.o.v. But looking back at it now, I can see how the move to cut him made some sense.

He had played 10 years. He was coming off a career low .384 FG from the field. He wasn't a playmaker or defender. The Bulls had a wealth of younger and better guards. He didn't get cheated out of 40 or 50 million dollars. This is just him and the media shamelessly selling a bull shit narrative.

That said, I would've loved to have seen a team pick him up. It bothered me at the time that the guy who had won 3 straight 3 point contests (?) would not be in the league.

Maybe word got around that this guy was a mini diva or something of the sort, and nobody wanted to pick him up. Who knows. But this cannot be the tragedy that that fluff piece presents.

Possibly.

But what about Abdul Rauf?
That dude paid a price for his convictions

Spurtacular
01-29-2017, 10:50 PM
Possibly.

But what about Abdul Rauf?
That dude paid a price for his convictions

Yea, I'm foggy on that. But I remember thinking at the time that he was booted for being fanatic / punk. He definitely still had some game.

lefty
01-29-2017, 10:52 PM
Yea, I'm foggy on that. But I remember thinking at the time that he was booted for being fanatic / punk. He definitely still had some game.
The original Stephen Curry

Spurtacular
01-29-2017, 10:54 PM
The original Stephen Curry

No way. He was a stat stuffer even at his best. Somewhat comparable to a poor man's Iverson maybe. But looking at the stats, he sucked at the end; so, apparently that was just another media hit job. I remember seeing the same BS that he was a martyr.

He never averaged even 20, btw.

lefty
01-29-2017, 11:07 PM
No way. He was a stat stuffer even at his best. Somewhat comparable to a poor man's Iverson maybe. But looking at the stats, he sucked at the end; so, apparently that was just another media hit job. I remember seeing the same BS that he was a martyr.

He never averaged even 20, btw.

He has Tourette Syndrome tbh

Without it and in t:loldays NBA he would habe averaged 56 ppg tbh

Splits
01-29-2017, 11:10 PM
I'll take the black man every day and twice today

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/pwnt.gif

dbestpro
01-30-2017, 12:34 AM
Depends on the fans. It's about making money. If my team is in Boston or Utah, then white. If my team is in Chicago or Detroit then black. If my team is in LA then its about who can make the most noise. if Texas, then its about who can make the least noise. Houston and New York are good for Asians. If Toronto then whoever is bad at math so they won't realize they are getting taxed out the wazoo.