View Full Version : Mills defense...

Spurs Brazil
01-29-2017, 09:24 PM
Is pathetic. Curry killed him again.

dabom
01-29-2017, 09:25 PM
Are you a fucking dumbass? :lmao

Only if porker could defend a cardboard cutout. :lmao

Atleast Patty can defend just enough for help defense. We lost this shit with CANCER! :lmao

Cklbmk
01-29-2017, 09:25 PM
He's just making Murrays case for him

timtonymanu
01-29-2017, 09:26 PM
Parker and Patty are both awful. Murray can't take the reigns soon enough.

RD2191
01-29-2017, 09:26 PM
I've only been calling it since forever. I was the only one. Me.

Spurs Brazil
01-29-2017, 09:27 PM
Parker D is much better than Mills. It's not even close

ElNono
01-29-2017, 09:28 PM
We can focus on one play, but we had a 10 point lead at the half, and I'm pretty sure Patty wasn't the one that wasted it away, tbh...

It doesn't mean Patty's D doesn't suck, but there's more to this loss than that...

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 09:30 PM
The lengths Dabum will go to defend House. :lol

Parker was 8-12 for 16 points in 23 minutes while Microwave was once again broken as shit. 6 points on 3-10 shooting. And he's an exponentially worse defender than Parker. That's not even a debate.

Parker to Murray. Sit House's ass.

cd98
01-29-2017, 09:31 PM
We don't have good defensive guards. We rely on good team defense and guards not making dumb gambles.

TheGreatYacht
01-29-2017, 09:32 PM

cd98
Spurs need Pattys three point shooting. His role is intact.

TheGreatYacht

Parker was 8-12 for 16 points in 23 minutes while Microwave was once again broken as shit. 6 points on 3-10 shooting. And he's an exponentially worse defender than Parker. That's not even a debate.

cd98
01-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Is pathetic. Curry killed him again.
And that was the Curry that sucks.

TheGreatYacht
01-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Murray needs to take that scrub's minutes. Only mental midgets and aboriginals are fans of post-2014 Paddy

FkLA
01-29-2017, 09:35 PM
We can focus on one play, but we had a 10 point lead at the half, and I'm pretty sure Patty wasn't the one that wasted it away, tbh...

It doesn't mean Patty's D doesn't suck, but there's more to this loss than that...

Voice of reason per par.

The 'more to this loss than that' is Enrique's cancerous ways, getting benched and putting the pressure on a back-up PG to bail him out.

FkLA
01-29-2017, 09:38 PM

How'd that work out for the Spurs? Porker leading the team in FGAs ( which was the case until he got benched) is a recipe for disaster.

But yeah, let's blame his back-up because he couldn't bail our $15 mill/yr cancer out. :lol

apalisoc_9
01-29-2017, 09:39 PM

Stop with this BS already. Reallly surprised people arent seeing the very obvious gameplan teams has continued to use against San Antonio. Doc Rivers pretty much gave everyone the blue print.

Allow Parker all the space and offense he wants. 34 year olds arent going to win a series.

As long as Parker is dribbiling the ball and trying to play like a 27 year old..Teams will always have that option.

Kawhitstorm
01-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Murray needs to take that scrub's minutes. Only mental midgets and aboriginals are fans of post-2014 Paddy

Murray has earned his minutes, Fatty should be traded to a desperate team like the Cavs.:lol

Cry Havoc
01-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Helmet crew is all on board and yet no one is defending Patty. That's how bad he was this game. :lmao

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 09:42 PM
Voice of reason per par.

The 'more to this loss than that' is Enrique's cancerous ways, getting benched and putting the pressure on a back-up PG to bail him out.

:lol Parker didn't take one shot during that sequence before he was benched. The run was sparked when Fathead came in.

But keep trying to spin that 8-12 for 16 points is somehow a detriment where 6 points on 3-10 shooting and 0-5 from 3 isn't.

dabom
01-29-2017, 09:43 PM
:lol Parker didn't take one shot during that sequence before he was benched. The run was sparked when Fathead came in.

But keep trying to spin that 8-12 for 16 points is somehow a detriment where 6 points on 3-10 shooting and 0-5 from 3 isn't.

So good Pop benched him and Bill and Sean where talking about it. :lol

DarrinS

Truth

objective

100%.

No one else in the media has caught on to Mills turning into trash, they're years behind like they were on Parker.

picnroll
01-29-2017, 09:44 PM
Mills made Curry look like Westbrook.

spursgu
01-29-2017, 09:44 PM
I don't care for the Parker vs Patty shit on here, but funny now that Patty stans are acting the same way Parker stans were acting when he was struggling in 2015.

TheGreatYacht
01-29-2017, 09:45 PM

Kawhitstorm
Stop with this BS already. Reallly surprised people arent seeing the very obvious gameplan teams has continued to use against San Antonio. Doc Rivers pretty much gave everyone the blue print.

Allow Parker all the space and offense he wants. 34 year olds arent going to win a series.

As long as Parker is dribbiling the ball and trying to play like a 27 year old..Teams will always have that option.

When Porker is making shots, he doesn't pass the ball which works in the opponent's favor since Kawhi will be standing in the corner like Ariza. (It's basically what Kirby did when he was playing w/ Snack)

FkLA
When Porker is making shots, he doesn't pass the ball which works in the opponent's favor since Kawhi will be standing in the corner like Ariza.

Truth bombs.

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 09:47 PM

Blah, blah, blah.

8-12 on 16 points will never be a mathematical detriment to a team. Parker was the most efficient guard on the floor (for both teams) tonight. Furthermore, I guess I'll have to do a screenshot breakdown to blow a hole in this stupid myth as well.

The fact is you and the helmets dislike Parker because you perceive he takes away touches from your favorite player (another myth), while Patty is a good little deferrer to Kawhi like Derek Fisher to Kobe (another myth that isn't true. Patty loves to look for his own shot).

Hoops Czar
01-29-2017, 09:47 PM

Elite poster right here.

apalisoc_9
01-29-2017, 09:48 PM
When Porker is making shots, he doesn't pass the ball which works in the opponent's favor since Kawhi doesn't touch the ball.:lol

Exaclty. These knucklheads cant seem to grasp the very basic concept of basketball.. .Get the ball out of the best player hands.

In two straight games, it has worked to perfect. Avergaing 15fga.

Its perfect because teams dont have to worry about scrambling in defense. The only two guys that offer that gravity is Aldridge and Leonard now...Defenses wont react with parker even if he goes 10-10..because who cares.

FkLA
01-29-2017, 09:49 PM
I don't care for the Parker vs Patty shit on here, but funny now that Patty stans are acting the same way Parker stans were acting when he was struggling in 2015.

Paddy is playing like shit. It's just funny that Porker fans are trying to deflect the blame onto him because he can't bail out the $15 mill/yr hero PG.

Kawhitstorm
01-29-2017, 09:49 PM

Porker is the taller midget, I agree.:toast

Kawhitstorm
01-29-2017, 09:51 PM
Exaclty. These knucklheads cant seem to grasp the very basic concept of basketball.. .Get the ball out of the best player hands.

Its perfect because teams dont have to worry about scrambling in defense. The only two guys that offer that gravity is Aldridge and Leonard now...Defenses wont react with parker even if he goes 10-10..because who cares.

OKC basically went to that strategy after Gm 2 so Softridge would just be standing watching Porker pound the ball which fucked up his rhythm.

But...but...but...Porker had a good game.:cry

dabom
01-29-2017, 09:53 PM
OKC basically went to that strategy after Gm 2 so Softridge would just be standing watching Porker pound the ball which fucked up his rhythm.

They were single covering LMA early in the series. They just started swarming him late in the series. :tu

apalisoc_9
01-29-2017, 09:54 PM
Blah, blah, blah.

8-12 on 16 points will never be a mathematical detriment to a team. Parker was the most efficient guard on the floor (for both teams) tonight. Furthermore, I guess I'll have to do a screenshot breakdown to blow a hole in this stupid myth as well.

The fact is you and the helmets dislike Parker because you perceive he takes away touches from your favorite player (another myth), while Patty is a good little deferrer to Kawhi like Derek Fisher to Kobe (another myth that isn't true. Patty loves to look for his own shot).

Blah blah blah.

The very basic concept of offensive gravity is to open up multitude of openings in a basketball team caused by defensive reactions. It doesn't matter if mathematically he's shooting 8-12, because in truth he's never going to have that much volume. Defenses don't scramble and react with Parker, it's just a matter of fact now.

The result is defensive rest for opposing teams, less worry about Guarding Leonard, Aldridge etc.

Mills might be a terrible playmaker, but he knows his role. No way Leonard would have had 30fga against the cavs ( make no mistake he needed to) with Parker in the game.

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 09:55 PM
And Apa is funny.

"I love HORNS! Best set in basketball!"

:madrun Poop and Parker quit making Kiwi stand in corner!

HORNS, by design, will always have the SF stand in the fuckin' corner. And it's a set the point guard HAS to initiate. And to do that, guess what, he needs to dribble the basketball more than a few fuckin' times. You guys also act like whoever is running PG when House is on the floor isn't "dribbling" the basketball, either. Your mistaken perception is that because Patty immediately dumps the ball off to Manu, this means there's ball movement. No. Manu "dribble, dribble, dribbles" too.

The only time Parker kills us is when he isn't penetrating and probing, and it's usually due to a stubbed toe or some other minor injury that knocks him down to 50% effectiveness. And I'm in favor of benching his ass in those situations. A HEALTHY Parker isn't a detriment at all.

dabom
01-29-2017, 09:56 PM
And Apa is funny.

HORNS, by design, will always have the SF stand in the fuckin' corner. And it's a set the point guard HAS to initiate. And to do that, guess what, he needs to dribble the basketball more than a few fuckin' times. You guys also act like whoever is running PG when House is on the floor isn't "dribbling" the basketball, either. Your mistaken perception is that because Patty immediately dumps the ball off to Manu, this means there's ball movement. No. Manu "dribble, dribble, dribbles" too.

The only time Parker kills us is when he isn't penetrating and probing, and it's usually due to a stubbed toe or some other minor injury that knocks him down to 50% effectiveness. And I'm in favor of benching his ass in those situations. A HEALTHY Parker isn't a detriment at all.

I can't stop laughing. :lmao

:lol

:tu

apalisoc_9
01-29-2017, 09:58 PM

And it is two seasons in a row now starting from the clippers series.

Basketball isn't prurely based on Math and % It's a much more complex sport than that. Westbrook is almost shooting 39% but its pretty darn obvious the thunder would be far worse without him.

Again, teams dont react when Role players start shooting 8-12...Frankly they dont care. Role playing PGs arent good enough to twist a defense.

TimDunkem
01-29-2017, 09:59 PM
As much as I'd love to agree that Mills isn't a problem, he slowly has become one. His offense has been lacking lately and tonight was a perfect example of how awful his defense can be.

I'm at the point personally where I'd like to see him just become a utility player who comes in when the team needs some shooting or energy, and let Murray take the bulk of his minutes.

Kawhitstorm
They were single covering LMA early in the series. They just started swarming him late in the series. :tu

In Gm 1, he actually killed 'em w/ the pick & pop b/c Ibaka was leaving him open to hedge on Porker. In Gm 2, they made adjustments but weren't rotating off Porker when LMA posted up. In Gm 3, they decided to not even hedge on Porker & just go under the screen while also rotating off Porker to double LMA/Kawhi in the post.

When Kanter was in the game, they were even switching but Porker wasn't able to punish him so he stayed in the game

midnightpulp
Blah blah blah.

The very basic concept of offensive gravity is to open up multitude of openings in a basketball team caused by defensive reactions. It doesn't matter if mathematically he's shooting 8-12, because in truth he's never going to have that much volume. Defenses don't scramble and react with Parker, it's just a matter of fact now.

The result is defensive rest for opposing teams, less worry about Guarding Leonard, Aldridge etc.

Mills might be a terrible playmaker, but he knows his role. No way Leonard would have had 30fga against the cavs ( make no mistake he needed to) with Parker in the game.

Leonard had about the same FGA rate against the Nuggets, a game in which he scored a regulation career high on much better efficiency. So...

And yes they do "scramble" when he's penetrating and probing. Do I need to post 100 videos from this season alone?

Again, this all goes back to, "Gib Kiwi bawl moar for better PPG."

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 10:00 PM

And when he's penetrating and probing, he's passing the ball to Kawhi, too? Because at the end of the 3rd quarter Parker has taken 12 shots and Kawhi 10...

Did you know what happen in the 3rd quarter? Spurs lost that quarter by a ton of points.

I wonder when you will admit that Kawhi takes less shots with Parker on the floor....

The only 40 point-game in Kawhi's career? Shit...Parker didn't play.

dabom
01-29-2017, 10:03 PM
In Gm 1, he actually killed 'em w/ the pick & pop b/c Ibaka was leaving him open to hedge on Porker. In Gm 2, they made adjustments but weren't rotating off Porker when LMA posted up. In Gm 3, they decided to not even hedge on Porker & just go under the screen while also rotating off Porker to double LMA/Kawhi in the post.

When Kanter was in the game, they were even switching but Porker wasn't able to punish him so he stayed in the game.:lol

You got some Basketball IQ. :tu

Unlike some of this fucking trolls up in here. :lol

apalisoc_9
And Apa is funny.

Horns is my favourite basketball set of all time, but against defenses that specifically gameplan to deny the ball from Players A, B it's still pretty suceptible to a normal pick and roll reset which has been the case for about 90% of the spurs horns or pinch post sets for the spurs.

And the spurs barely run it. Teams with Dominant SF's rely on less and less since it marginalizes their best players.

dabom
And when he's penetrating and probing, he's passing the ball to Kawhi, too? Because at the end of the 3rd quarter Parker has taken 12 shots and Kawhi 10...

Did you know what happen in the 3rd quarter? Spurs lost that quarter by a ton of points.

I wonder when you will admit that Kawhi takes less shots with Parker on the floor....

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::w orthy::worthy:

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 10:04 PM
Anyway, between Parker and Mills...I take Murray.

In fact, the Spurs needed to defend a last possession against D-League Curry...I'd put Murray on defense over Parker and Mills, without doubts.

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 10:04 PM

You dumbshits need to quit referencing that stupid Cavs game.

Parker played in the Suns game. And Kawhi scored 38 points in only 32 minutes. And he was on that 30/60% streak WITH Parker on the floor.

picnroll
01-29-2017, 10:05 PM
Kawhi was ridiculously passive this game and it had nothing to do with Parker.

SAGirl
01-29-2017, 10:06 PM
Patty sucked... second game in a row. When his shot is off he doesn't add anything else and he's a liability on defense...

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 10:07 PM

Parker taking more shots than Kawhi in the first 3 quarters of the game, was the reason why Kawhi was passive. There is just one ball.

Kawhitstorm
01-29-2017, 10:08 PM

It was Fatty that wasn't passing the ball to Kawhi except at the end of the game.:lol

picnroll
01-29-2017, 10:09 PM
Nope. Kawhi didn't work to get the ball and when he got it he passed it off.

apalisoc_9
01-29-2017, 10:09 PM
Leonard had about the same FGA rate against the Nuggets, a game in which he scored a regulation career high on much better efficiency. So...

And yes they do "scramble" when he's penetrating and probing. Do I need to post 100 videos from this season alone?

Again, this all goes back to, "Gib Kiwi bawl moar for better PPG."

Not it isnt..You're purpusloey being obtuse here.

There's a difference between gravity from under the rim and 10 feet away from it. When Parker is trying to have his "moments game" not a soul would even react with him 10 feet away from the basket.

It's very basic concept that you can't seem to comprehend. Allow a 34 year old to have the highest usage rate when hes on the floor and deny a top 5 player in the league...seems like a really easy option to me.

And you would have to be delusionally blind to not see that teams are more than happy with him shooting the ball.

TheGreatYacht
01-29-2017, 10:10 PM
Patty sucked... second game in a row. When his shot is off he doesn't add anything else and he's a liability on defense...
More like 3rd year in a row

Kawhitstorm
01-29-2017, 10:10 PM

When Patty is sucking then you might as well roll out Murray & live w/ his rookie mistakes.

dabom
01-29-2017, 10:11 PM
Where all the raw plus/minus fans? :lmao

YGWHI

Parker played in the Suns game. And Kawhi scored 38 points in only 32 minutes. And he was on that 30/60% streak WITH Parker on the floor.

Parker took more shots than Kawhi in that game at the end of the 3rd quarter? I don't think so...

midnightpulp

Do FTs not exist in your world?

Kawhi's total offensive touches these last two games are fine for a number one option. :lol Looking at raw FGA. C'mon now.

I rest my case. Your lot wants Kawhi to be a ball dominant scorer so you can sit around and jerk off to his stats. It's as simple as that.

The Spurs also shouldn't be giving up 119 to the Pelicans and 105 at home to one of the worst teams in the league. I suppose that's all Parker's fault, too :lol

Kawhitstorm
01-29-2017, 10:12 PM

There's a difference between gravity from under the rim and 10 feet away from it. When Parker is trying to have his "moments game" not a soul would even react with him 10 feet away from the basket.

It's very basic concept that you can't seem to comprehend. Allow a 34 year old to have the highest usage rate when hes on the floor and deny a top 5 player in the league...seems like a really easy option to me.

And you would have to be delusionally blind to not see that teams are more than happy with him shooting the ball.

If WestBrick did what Porker does while playing w/ a top 5 player, he would be getting crucified.:lol

Kawhitstorm
01-29-2017, 10:13 PM
The Spurs also shouldn't be giving up 119 to the Pelicans and 105 at home to one of the worst teams in the league. I suppose that's all Parker's fault, too :lol

Both the Pelicans/Mavs starting point guards had a field day....:sleep

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 10:15 PM
Nope. Kawhi didn't work to get the ball and when he got it he passed it off.

Why Kawhi HAVE to work to get the ball on THIS team?

It's about the Spurs point guards who initiate the offense with the ball in their hands, they HAVE to look for Kawhi, he shouldn't have to beg for the ball anymore.

BillMc
01-29-2017, 10:15 PM
Love Patty's shooting and he's a great teammate, but more and more I'm thinking he's not going to be worth matching the money some scrub team is going to throw at him, especially if they sweeten it with a starting job. Barring an unlikely FA signing next summer, Parker should be the starter until Murray is ready. Patty deserves a big pay day but should get it elsewhere. No way he should earn even Danny Green money from SA.

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 10:20 PM
Your lot wants Kawhi to be a ball dominant scorer so you can sit around and jerk off to his stats.

Why do you act like if Kawhi being a dominant scorer is not related to Spurs success??

WHO the fuck you think will score in playoffs? Manu? Green? LMA under .50 FT% .35 FG%??

If Kawhi isn't dominant, this team doesn't get any chance to pass the first round.

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 10:20 PM

Do I need to post videos?

You suffer from selective memory, and only remember the times when Parker is settling for that shitty 18 footer and willingly forgetting all the other times he is making defenses scramble through penetration and probing, which DOES open up the floor for Kawhi, and also pulls away defenders from Green, allowing him more open looks from 3.

Again, this goes back to the desire to see Kawhi have Kobe level usage and stats. You're an unabashed fanboy of his and would probably trade a title for an MVP for him.

If you still want to pretend your making your arguments on basketball grounds, guess what? A Kawhi/LMA one/two punch with a bunch of inconsistent role players playing off them won't be anywhere close to enough firepower to beat the Warriors and Cavs. This is what you don't comprehend. We're back to the same old problem from last year: No 3rd option. And again, Parker seems to be the only player capable of consistent double digit scoring (when healthy). Your coshitty idea ain't gonna work. Blew in your faces last year when Boris, Patty, Manu, West were beyond awful against OKC.

apalisoc_9
01-29-2017, 10:21 PM
Do FTs not exist in your world?

Kawhi's total offensive touches these last two games are fine for a number one option. :lol Looking at raw FGA. C'mon now.

I rest my case. Your lot wants Kawhi to be a ball dominant scorer so you can sit around and jerk off to his stats. It's as simple as that.

You cant seem to understand the dynamics of offense and defense. When teams have to worry less about Leonard and Aldridge, it puts too much pressure on the spurs defense in transition and even half -court sets.

Not its not as simple as that. It doesnt matter if its Porker or Any other player. Fuck Westbrook is a much better player than Pakrer, and it was evident what him having the ball too much did to Durants offense in many situations. Thats why he was getting crucified.

Its not a concept thats unique to kawhi...its been happening since basketball was invented. Even simple pick up players understand this concept. Keep up.

gambit1990
01-29-2017, 10:22 PM
stop referencing the game kawhi got his career high against the reigning champs :cry:cry:cry

dabom
Why do you act like if Kawhi being a dominant scorer is not related to Spurs success??

WHO the fuck you think will score in playoffs? Manu? Green? LMA under .50 FT% .35 FG%??

If Kawhi isn't dominant, this team doesn't get any chance to pass the first round.
:bobo

dabom
stop referencing the game kawhi got his career high against the reigning champs :cry:cry:cry

:depressed

apalisoc_9
01-29-2017, 10:25 PM
Do I need to post videos?

You suffer from selective memory, and only remember the times when Parker is settling for that shitty 18 footer and willingly forgetting all the other times he is making defenses scramble through penetration and probing, which DOES open up the floor for Kawhi, and also pulls away defenders from Green, allowing him more open looks from 3.

Again, this goes back to the desire to see Kawhi have Kobe level usage and stats. You're an unabashed fanboy of his and would probably trade a title for an MVP for him.

If you still want to pretend your making your arguments on basketball grounds, guess what? A Kawhi/LMA one/two punch with a bunch of inconsistent role players playing off them won't be anywhere close to enough firepower to beat the Warriors and Cavs. This is what you don't comprehend. We're back to the same old problem from last year: No 3rd option. And again, Parker seems to be the only player capable of consistent double digit scoring (when healthy). Your coshitty idea ain't gonna work. Blew in your faces last year when Boris, Patty, Manu, West were beyond awful against OKC.

Ah how about no.

This isnt something unique to Kawhi. Plenty of players have had to deal with Parker like teamates.

A video doesnt do justice since Porker has enough ( Almost all-star level) usage that he's afor sure going to have moments when the ball swings. That isnt the issue here.

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 10:25 PM

Kawhi isn't anywhere near the best offensive player in the league. So no. Him being ball dominant has no chance in Hell of beating the Warriors. If he was 2000 Shaq. Sure. But he ain't.

Also, mid-post play is one of the easiest offensive styles to defend today. I don't like rolling with "Kiwi in da poast!" as the main focus of the Spurs offense in the year 2017 against volume 3 point shooting teams like the Warriors.

You just want to see him average 30. Cool. I want to win a title.

dabom
01-29-2017, 10:26 PM
Kawhi isn't anywhere near the best offensive player in the league. So no. Him being ball dominant has no chance in Hell of beating the Warriors. If he was 2000 Shaq. Sure. But he ain't.

Also, mid-post play is one of the easiest offensive styles to defend today. I don't like rolling with "Kiwi in da poast!" as the main focus of the Spurs offense in the year 2017 against volume 3 point shooting teams like the Warriors.

Wants more Cancer touches. :lmao

apalisoc_9
01-29-2017, 10:27 PM
Again, Poop clearly saw this. Else, why do you think he opted for a Mills that couldbt hit a bucket and was equally bad in defense?

He wanted the ball to swing to different players and he didnt trust Parker tendencies for that to happen..Thats even after shooting 8-12 vs Mills shitty night.

dabom
01-29-2017, 10:28 PM
Again, Poop clearly saw this. Else, why do you think he opted for a Mills that couldbt hit a bucket and was equally bad in defense?

He wanted the ball to swing to different players and he didnt trust Parker tendencies for that to happen..Thats even after shooting 8-12 vs Mills shitty night.

The truth.

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 10:30 PM

But you don't get it.

The main problem with Parker is he doesn't play like a #3 option when he's hitting shots, he plays like #1, and takes more shots than LMA and Kawhi.

That's NOT SUSTAINABLE.

The Spurs won't win many games with Parker as #1...One of many reasons? Because when the Spurs really need Kawhi to close the game in the 4th because Parker can't do it anymore, he will be so cold after parking in the corner most minutes like tonight.

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 10:30 PM
You cant seem to understand the dynamics of offense and defense. When teams have to worry less about Leonard and Aldridge, it puts too much pressure on the spurs defense in transition and even half -court sets.

Not its not as simple as that. It doesnt matter if its Porker or Any other player. Fuck Westbrook is a much better player than Pakrer, and it was evident what him having the ball too much did to Durants offense in many situations. Thats why he was getting crucified.

Its not a concept thats unique to kawhi...its been happening since basketball was invented. Even simple pick up players understand this concept. Keep up.

Parker is not even in the same realm of ball dominance as Westbrook. Nice false analogy there. :lol

Again, you're remembering all the times Parker is doing what you say (being ball dominant) and forgetting all the other times he's creating for the offense as whole. Again, it's out of an interest to jerk off to your favorite player's line.

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 10:32 PM

I wonder why you sell Kawhi so short on offense. Obviously he isn't the best offensive player of the league but he's ONE OF THE BEST.

He's a top 10 scorer and more efficient than 8 of those 10 guys.

Like if the Spurs will win games in playoffs without Kawhi being dominant and scoring a ton of points...

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 10:33 PM

Myth. The ball doesn't "swing" when Mills enters. He throws it to Manu who often plays Magic Johnson with the ball.

It's another false perception from your lot that because Mills immediately dumps the ball to Manu, it "moves." Manu runs the offense similar to Parker.

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 10:35 PM
I wonder why you sell Kawhi so short on offense. Obviously he isn't the best offensive player of the league but he's ONE OF THE BEST.

He's a top 10 scorer and more efficient than 8 of those 10 guys.

Like if the Spurs will win games in playoffs without Kawhi being dominant and scoring 30 points...

Ain't as good as Curry nor Durant. All that matters. He might score 30. But Curry or Durant will score 30 or more. It's going to take a team wide contribution. Not just Kawhi doing Jordan impressions in the post at a high rate (which you fanboys love, obviously).

dabom
01-29-2017, 10:38 PM
I remember when Pop let Harrison Barnes try to win games. :lol

Warriors would love the Spurs to let Cancer do the same. :lmao

Take the ball out of our best player.

apalisoc_9
01-29-2017, 10:38 PM
Parker is not even in the same realm of ball dominance as Westbrook. Nice false analogy there. :lol

Again, you're remembering all the times Parker is doing what you say (being ball dominant) and forgetting all the other times he's creating for the offense as whole. Again, it's out of an interest to jerk off to your favorite player's line.

Does it matter to what degree the concept is applied? It doesn't, because in gameplan situations you base things of "doing" or not "doing"

You're again ignoring every factual thing I say for a stupid, half assed "but you just him to score more" shitty argument. I already pointed out, this isn't unique to Kawhi..It's been evident with the multiple player combinations..Tyrke evans, Kobe, Westbrook, etc.

Are you purpusloey just ignoring every post you quote?

Again, Why Was Porker benched by Poop despite shooting 8-12 for Mills who wasnt hitting a basket abd was equally terrible on defense? I'm sure you're smart enough to answer that.

dabom
01-29-2017, 10:40 PM
Does it matter to what degree the concept is applied? It doesn't, because in gameplan situations you base things of "doing" or not "doing"

You're again ignoring every factual thing I say for a stupid, half assed "but you just him to score more" shitty argument. I already pointed out, this isn't unique to Kawhi..It's been evident with the multiple player combinations..Tyrke evans, Kobe, Westbrook, etc.

Again, Why Was Porker benched by Poop despite shooting 8-12 for Mills who wasnt hitting a basket abd was equally terrible on defense? I'm sure you're smart enough to answer that.

He doesn't want to admit defeat. :lol

apalisoc_9
01-29-2017, 10:40 PM
Myth. The ball doesn't "swing" when Mills enters. He throws it to Manu who often plays Magic Johnson with the ball.

It's another false perception from your lot that because Mills immediately dumps the ball to Manu, it "moves." Manu runs the offense similar to Parker.

That's exactly it. Pop wanted a different direction in offense and it almost led to an impressive comback. Mills cant playmake so the whats the natural result? You're starting to keep up.

Splits
01-29-2017, 10:41 PM
Mid playing tetherball with Cosilapa...

http://i.imgur.com/MC6i83e.gif

bitchslapping him as he spins...

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 10:41 PM
Ain't as good as Curry nor Durant. He might score 30. But Curry or Durant will score 30 or more. It's going to take a team wide contribution. Not just Kawhi doing Jordan impressions in the post at a high rate (which you fanboys love, obviously).

Kawhi is Curry, KD and MJ together for the Spurs.

They aren't getting any offensive production from role players against good-elite teams...It's just KAWHI KAWHI KAWHI KAWHI and LMA.

And if someone wanted to post-up Kawhi against a smaller defender in tonight game...he was right.

Only a dumb like you can ignore it and go to Parker instead of exploiting that so favorable matchup that Kawhi had all game.

cd98
01-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Bad news: doesn't matter if you go Kawhi in the post or implementing a more motion offense, we can't score with GS and we can't defend them (or the Mavs or the Pelicans).

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 11:02 PM

You're not saying anything factual. It's all based off selective memory. I've proven time again with unedited video footage and screencaps that Parker "doesn't freeze out Kawhi," "doesn't overdribble," and doesn't do 90% of the things at the rate you helmets accuse of him doing. You take a singular situation (like Parker ignoring Kawhi during a possession) and extrapolate that over an entire game or even fuckin' season. The evidence doesn't support your idiotic claims. Is Parker guilty sometimes? Sure. But guess what? Every player in the NBA is guilty sometimes for being detrimental.

Your argument is also fuckin' incoherent nonsense, which is why I'm not paying too much attention to it. You keep claiming "Teams are taking away LMA and Kawhi as options and forcing Parker to be a hero!" Well guess what, dumbass, if that's what they're indeed doing, then the way you recreate spacing is to make your open fuckin' jumpers, whether it's Green knocking down open threes or Parker knocking down that 18 footer if defenses are packing. What? You want Parker to force passes through swarming defenses that are fronting LMA/Kawhi? The only results from that are: Turnover. Forced low percentage shot over multiple defenders.

If you want the game to "open up" for your precious mancrush, the Spurs are going to need Parker (and Green) to somewhat assert themselves as offensive threats, especially Parker. Running down and dumping the ball into Kawhi is too predictable of a scheme against good teams.

apalisoc_9
01-29-2017, 11:08 PM

You're not saying anything factual. It's all based off selective memory. I've proven time again with unedited video footage and screencaps that Parker "doesn't freeze out Kawhi," "doesn't overdribble," and doesn't do 90% of the things at the rate you helmets accuse of him doing. You take a singular situation (like Parker ignoring Kawhi during a possession) and extrapolate that over an entire game or even fuckin' season. The evidence doesn't support your idiotic claims. Is Parker guilty sometimes? Sure. But guess what? Every player in the NBA is guilty sometimes for being detrimental.

Your argument is also fuckin' incoherent nonsense, which is why I'm not paying too much attention to it. You keep claiming "Teams are taking away LMA and Kawhi as options and forcing Parker to be a hero!" Well guess what, dumbass, if that's what they're indeed doing, then the way you recreate spacing is to make your open fuckin' jumpers, whether it's Green knocking down open threes or Parker knocking down that 18 footer if defenses are packing. What? You want Parker to force passes through swarming defenses that are fronting LMA/Kawhi? The only results from that are: Turnover. Forced low percentage shot over multiple defenders.

If you want the game to "open up" for your precious mancrush, the Spurs are going to need Parker (and Green) to somewhat assert themselves as offensive threats, especially Parker. Running down and dumping the ball into Kawhi is too predictable of a scheme against good teams.

The team hasnt needed Parker against the cavs and multiple other games to open things up for their best players. :lol

Again, why was porker benched by poop when in you'r world he was having a great game and mills was having a shitty game?

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 11:10 PM
If you want the game to "open up" for your precious mancrush, the Spurs are going to need Parker (and Green) to somewhat assert themselves as offensive threats, especially Parker.
Stop trolling, man.

Running down and dumping the ball into Kawhi is too predictable of a scheme against good teams.
Like if the Spurs didn't beat Warriors, Cavs and many other teams this season doing it...

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 11:30 PM
And what really irritates about the helmets is that they just simplify the whole situation to comically retarded levels.

Pespi Challenge.

What kind of offense do you want the Spurs to run?

"Post centric offense with Kawhi/LMA as the focus!"

Well, guess what. To run that kind of offense, you need shooters (to protect against double teams) and penetrators (to punish teams for cheating too much on the strong side and to a give-and-go option depending on how the defense reacts). Example:

http://hooptactics.net/freesite/offstrategies/setoffense/ucla.php

The basic option is for the point guard 01 to make an entry pass to wing O3 and rub off O5's high post screen. 03 looks to feed O1 either for layup on basket cut or posting up against a weaker defender. If a good shot is not available for O1, wing O3 looks to make a reversal pass to O5 stepping out.

"03" is Kawhi in that scenario.

Mills is indeed a great shooter and can guard against double teams with his presence, but he can't do much else, especially assert himself as a penetration and cutting threat. He's also redundant to Danny, which is why Pop rarely has them on the floor together this season. I'll say again, if the helmets so badly want Mills in there, that means less time for Danny (another helmet favorite). Yeah. Let's kill the bench dynamic and remove a top wing defender so "Kiwi will be gibbed ball more :cry"

So now what?

"Um, pick-and-roll centric offense."

Needs a PG who is a good ball handler, penetrator, and finisher. Mills is none of those things.

"HORNS!"

Forces Kiwi to the corner, which you dolts don't like.

"Triangle!"

This makes more sense if you want Mills playing more with the starting unit. Despite Kobe's (and even Jordan's) sabotaging of it, the Triangle is traditionally an anti-ball dominant offense that requires all 5 players on the floor to be proficient passers so the ball doesn't stick. And the Triangle is typically initiated by a wing player (Kawhi is this case) who starts the play through a low-post player (LMA/Gasol).

Some say it's an antiquated offense, so...

Sorry, helmets. There's really no other option to get the hated Parker off the floor unless Murray blossoms. You're just going to have to deal with it, and given the Spurs' offensive ranking this season and your mancrush's season PPG, I don't think there's much of a problem. The woes have been on the defense end the last two games. But that's Parker's fault, too :lol

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 11:35 PM
What kind of offense do you want the Spurs to run?

"Post centric offense with Kawhi/LMA as the focus!"

In 3 pages, NO ONE said it.

Most guys said they want the Spurs to exploit favorable matchups, Kawhi had one in the post tonight. That doesn't mean that every game should be the same way.

Also, most guys said they don't want that Parker takes more shots than Kawhi and LMA entering the 4th quarter.

But you're stupid enough to say that Parker 'probing' and missing in the paint is a better option that Kawhi against a smaller defender in the post.

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 11:36 PM
The team hasnt needed Parker against the cavs and multiple other games to open things up for their best players. :lol

Again, why was porker benched by poop when in you'r world he was having a great game and mills was having a shitty game?

The Cavs lost to the Pelicans and Kings and gave up 116 to the worst team in the league in the 3 games following. I find it funny you're using that game as THE benchmark for your argument. Poop's been subbing in Mills lately at that time in the 4th over the past few games. One time it resulted in the other team going on like a 9-1 run :lol

http://oi66.tinypic.com/o947eh.jpg

Pop's very mechanical in his sub patterns. Him subbing in Mills there isn't a new thing and wasn't "improvised."

And did you forget that Kawhi's 30/60% streak was WITH Parker? That doesn't count, though, right?

midnightpulp
01-29-2017, 11:41 PM

Most guys said they want the Spurs to exploit favorable matchups, Kawhi had one in the post tonight. That doesn't mean that every game it should be the same.

Also, most guys said they don't want that Parker takes more shots than Kawhi and LMA entering the 4th quarter.

But you're stupid enough to say that Parker 'probing' and missing in the paint is a better option that Kawhi against a smaller defender in the post.

Come off that fuckin' myth. Kawhi also got to the line, dipshit. Raw FGA :lmao

And quit using strawmans. I never said Parker probing is a better option. I'm saying you need your PG to be a penetration option. Every other top team has that. It's a necessity today.

And sometimes players get ignored. Get the fuck over it. Parker doesn't ignore ":cry "muh Kiwi" anymore than any other PG ignores a player. And compared to someone like Westbrook, he's a fuckin' saint on that end.

gambit1990
01-29-2017, 11:48 PM

Most guys said they want the Spurs to exploit favorable matchups, Kawhi had one in the post tonight. That doesn't mean that every game should be the same way.

gambit1990
01-29-2017, 11:48 PM
Parker doesn't ignore ":cry "muh Kiwi" anymore than any other PG ignores a player.

YGWHI
01-30-2017, 12:50 AM
And sometimes players get ignored.
The Spurs don't have many offensive threats like other elite teams, they have just two... They can't afford the luxury of ignoring their leading scorer.

midnightpulp
01-30-2017, 04:35 AM
The Spurs don't have many offensive threats like other elite teams, they have just two... They can't afford the luxury of ignoring their leading scorer.

Which is exactly why you need to figure out how to make other players into offensive threats. I don't know where you're getting the idea that Kawhi and LMA are even remotely enough firepower, even at their best, against Golden State?

This is the problem with having no legit 3rd option:

Teams will let Kawhi and LMA get theirs and stay home on everyone else (i.e. what the Spurs used to do against D'Antoni's Suns. Let Nash and Amare play a two man game and shut down their shooters).

Or teams will pack and swarm Kawhi and LMA, taking away their spacing and ball denying them, which forces other players to step up (i.e. how Phil Jackson beat the Spurs in '04. He just swarmed Duncan and Tony, who were killing them, forcing Hedo, Bowen, Horry to make shots. And Manu was still a role player during that time, so he wasn't used enough to open things back up).

Golden State's 3rd option scored 60 in 29 minutes. Think about that for a second.

TimDunkem
01-30-2017, 08:55 AM
All the Spurs need is just one guard to open things up for everyone else...It's a shame how awful this team's guard rotation is.

Free Murray.