PDA

View Full Version : Danny + Patty + Anthony for Butler...

ElNono
01-29-2017, 09:44 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/1zvbhhx.jpg

Never been a big fan of Butler, but Danny probably has the most trade-friendly contract, and he would give us an injection of offensive skill with decent defense.

I believe Chicago is in turmoil right now, might be the right time to try to pull this off.

My feelings about Patty are known, I like him, but I think the Spurs are going to lose him in the offseason anyways, might as well try to get something for him.

Thoughts?

Darius Bieber
01-29-2017, 09:45 PM
The Bulls would be brain dead to agree to that.

dabom
01-29-2017, 09:45 PM
Can we trade Manu? Dude was getting attacked just as much as Cancer. :lol

ElNono
01-29-2017, 09:46 PM
Can we trade Manu? Dude was getting attacked just as much as Cancer. :lol

We can't until June... Bird right exception.

Benoit
hahahah Butler would be equal to Kiwi in Pops system but Bulls are going to trade him for role players??? haha the Homers on this site

TheGreatYacht
That won't get us Butler......

Could give us Wade though :wow

Nathan89
01-29-2017, 09:47 PM
They'd never accept it.

Someone lock this thread.

dabom
We can't until June... Bird right exception.

:lol

ElNono
The Bulls would be brain dead to agree to that.

The Bulls will be rebuilding soon. That's two expiring deals right there.

RD2191
01-29-2017, 09:49 PM
Would be awesome tbh

spurraider21
01-29-2017, 09:49 PM
doubt the bulls go for this. danny is a complementary piece for a good team, not really what a rebuilding team is looking for...

buckets is a guy that can try to build around

ElNono
01-29-2017, 09:51 PM
doubt the bulls go for this. danny is a complementary piece for a good team, not really what a rebuilding team is looking for...

buckets is a guy that can try to build around

They've been trying to do that since Rose left, and it's clearly not working. Both him and Wade got into a spat with the coach recently. Plus you have Rondo there with his cancerous ways.

I think that team is on the verge of blowing it up and starting over.

gambit1990
01-29-2017, 09:51 PM
maybe the bulls could use a veteran PG to start... considering rondo's antics. doesn't tony have a chicago connection anyways?

spursparker9
01-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Give us rondo too

elemento
01-29-2017, 09:52 PM
That's a terrible deal for the Bulls

Boston could easily beat that offer.

Robz4000
01-29-2017, 09:54 PM
If the Spurs included a pair of picks (this year's first rounder and a second rounder the year after) and the rights to Mulutinov I could see traction, but I think the Thunder/T-Pups can offer better unless the Spurs make it LMA for Butler straight up.

picnroll
01-29-2017, 09:55 PM
Bulls can get a high pick and more for Butler. No way Green who doesn't fit a rebuild, Mills who doesn't fit a rebuild and would need to be resigned and Anthony fodder would come anywhere close to getting him.

TheDoctor
01-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Cory Joseph for Jimmy Buckets who says no?

ElNono
01-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Cory Joseph for Jimmy Buckets who says no?

robdiaz, tbh

spurtech09
01-29-2017, 09:57 PM
Like that is really going to happen......

TD 21
01-29-2017, 09:57 PM
:lmao As if the Bulls are going to trade a top 15ish player, for two role players, one of which is an upcoming unrestricted free agent and a non NBA player.

I'm not really concerned with Green or Mills, who were playing over their heads to start the season and have been experiencing inevitable regression to the mean ever since.

I'm far more concerned with Aldridge. I'd actually go so far as to say it's alarming, that instead of him raising his play after being snubbed (and make no mistake, he was, given his reputation and team success, which have generally trumped merit for fringe candidates), he's struggled mightily.

Mnky
01-29-2017, 09:58 PM
Not enough for Butler. They will part ways with him, but for a hefty price. They'll atleast get some picks as well. Wade might be an option, as he still wants to win and would likely have the better attitude. Butler seems like a huge cancer at this point, no one likes playing with him and he's always blaming his teammates, that's besides the fact that he demands to get his touches and be in control of the team. I Just dont see him meshing well with the Spurs at all, unless he has been purposely trying to get moved out of Chicago, and this has all been theater for that purpose.

Hoops Czar
01-29-2017, 09:58 PM

Never been a big fan of Butler, but Danny probably has the most trade-friendly contract, and he would give us an injection of offensive skill with decent defense.

I believe Chicago is in turmoil right now, might be the right time to try to pull this off.

My feelings about Patty are known, I like him, but I think the Spurs are going to lose him in the offseason anyways, might as well try to get something for him.

Thoughts?

You and the forum hyenas said Green was untradeable because of his defense and his team friendly contract not even two full years ago. He's been highly overrated since he signed his so called team friendly contract. You're hardly the one to knee jerk after a couple of bad losses. You should really consider picking a lane already. This is an impossible trade and you, I and cloud nine knows it.

ElNono
01-29-2017, 09:59 PM
You and the forum hyenas said Green was untradeable because of his defense and his team friendly contract not even two full years ago. He's been highly overrated since he signed his so called team friendly contract. You're hardly the one to knee jerk after a couple of bad losses. You should really consider picking a lane already. This is an impossible trade and you, I and cloud nine knows it.

Not me. You're thinking of somebody else.

ElNono
01-29-2017, 10:00 PM
I'm far more concerned with Aldridge. I'd actually go so far as to say it's alarming, that instead of him raising his play after being snubbed (and make no mistake, he was, given his reputation and team success, which have generally trumped merit for fringe candidates), he's struggled mightily.

His body language says "I don't care about anything" all around, IMO. But we discussed this already, tbh...

TD 21
01-29-2017, 10:03 PM
His body language says "I don't care about anything" all around, IMO. But we discussed this already, tbh...

Maybe, but making assumptions based on one's body language and what you or the masses would consider to be "normal" in a given situation, is foolish. Everyone is different and reacts to things differently.

I don't think he doesn't care, but I also don't think he cares as much as the big three, Leonard, Green, Mills, etc.

lilbthebasedgod
01-29-2017, 10:05 PM
hahahah Butler would be equal to Kiwi in Pops system but Bulls are going to trade him for role players??? haha the Homers on this site

spurraider21
01-29-2017, 10:08 PM
They've been trying to do that since Rose left, and it's clearly not working. Both him and Wade got into a spat with the coach recently. Plus you have Rondo there with his cancerous ways.

I think that team is on the verge of blowing it up and starting over.yeah but even so they'd start over with butler tbh

SAGirl
01-29-2017, 10:14 PM
That's a terrible deal for the Bulls

Boston could easily beat that offer.
This.^
I don't think bulls bite on that. Spurs don't even have a middle of the road 1st round pick to try to sweeten the deal.
----------
Nono:

I don't think that's enough... though trades for stars are usually never equitable. It's just both guys are role players who help a team in win now mode. There's not even a young player thrown in there and don't say Anderson that's obviously not going to get it done.

SAGirl
01-29-2017, 10:25 PM
Far more than blaming role players one has to look at Aldridge I agree (though some roleplayers may have slumped or played poorly on defense, which is unforgivable bc you don't control a shot going in but you can control your defense).

Still Lamarcus has been bad two games in a row predictably resulting in losses. In the past others bailed Lamarcus pedestrian effort but without Pau he has to step up. Last season without Tim he did step up, this season? No.

Hoops Czar
01-29-2017, 10:32 PM
Far more than blaming role players one has to look at Aldridge I agree (though some roleplayers may have slumped or played poorly on defense, which is unforgivable bc you don't control a shot going in but you can control your defense).

Still Lamarcus has been bad two games in a row predictably resulting in losses. In the past others bailed Lamarcus pedestrian effort but without Pau he has to step up. Last season without Tim he did step up, this season? No.

While I agree in theory, the role players on the Spurs (other than an occasional Dedmon sighting) aren't even close to being good defenders. An occasional good game defensively or a player missing uncontested jumpers doesn't make you a good defender. The Spurs are actually starting a scrub at sg that would probably average 10 mpg on a contender unless he was going through one of his unconscious stretches where he was hitting everything in sight. This team has more holes than a pound of swiss cheese.

ElNono
01-29-2017, 10:45 PM
Maybe, but making assumptions based on one's body language and what you or the masses would consider to be "normal" in a given situation, is foolish. Everyone is different and reacts to things differently.

I don't think he doesn't care, but I also don't think he cares as much as the big three, Leonard, Green, Mills, etc.

I said it's just my opinion, I'm ok with people disagreeing. Its difficult for Spursfan regardless after getting used to 10+ years of TD...

ElNono
01-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Nono:

I don't think that's enough... though trades for stars are usually never equitable. It's just both guys are role players who help a team in win now mode. There's not even a young player thrown in there and don't say Anderson that's obviously not going to get it done.

That's fine. I should probably not have done this thread after a loss, tbh, kinda surprised nobody threw around the cliffjumper moniker yet...

I do think those contracts (Mills + Danny) are the only realistic 'assets' the Spurs have if they do want to make a trade with any teeth... Pau might be there too, but I think Pop likes him...

ViceCity86
01-29-2017, 10:54 PM
Have to throw Bertans in the mix to get the Bulls even thinking to bite.

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 10:58 PM
Bulls traded Rose and said bye to Gasol to keep him happy but it didn't matter, Jimmy was still a locker room cancer in this season...That's why he came off the bench in last game against Miami for his issues with the coach.

Hoops Czar
01-29-2017, 10:59 PM
Have to throw Bertans in the mix to get the Bulls even thinking to bite.

Insanity right here. Bertans was part part of the trade that keeps on giving.

SAGirl
01-29-2017, 11:01 PM
That's fine. I should probably not have done this thread after a loss, tbh, kinda surprised nobody threw around the cliffjumper moniker yet...

I do think those contracts (Mills + Danny) are the only realistic 'assets' the Spurs have if they do want to make a trade with any teeth... Pau might be there too, but I think Pop likes him...
Understandable... I didn't think it was a cliffhanger thread. I am not a fan of Jimmy Buckets either but he's young and in a good contract considering.

Pau and Tony are old meantime, Manu also old and I think he's retiring, and Lamarcus is starting to be very unreliable despite still a player that should be producing like he's in his prime. Opportunistic trades like Butler are what the Spurs need to look at.

Also I used to think the Spurs were going to prioritize reupping Mills but that is probably not going to be done at any cost and Mills will get paid elsewhere. Spurs keeping Bryn Forbes in the fridge tells us they are getting ready to replace his shooting if they need to and Bertans looks like just a similar type in being a microwave scorer off the bench if they needs him to next season. Murray is the future.

ElNono
01-29-2017, 11:01 PM
Bulls traded Rose and said bye to Gasol to keep him happy but it didn't matter, Jimmy was still a locker room cancer in this season...That's why he came off the bench in last game against Miami for his issues with the coach.

This is exactly why I thought it might be viable... I think he's ready to move on, and with this tendency to join 'superteams', I figured maybe he maybe would bite...

If Chicago moves him, I would have to think they tank immediately and start rebuilding, right?

Strategic
01-29-2017, 11:06 PM
I'm at the point where I don't want to see Mills or Green become Spurs for the rest of their careers. See if you can make something happen.

BatManu20
01-29-2017, 11:07 PM
Lol never happen, especially not for fodder like that.

BatManu20
01-29-2017, 11:08 PM
Besides, the Spurs had their chance to draft Jimmy Butler, but elected for Cory Joseph instead.

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 11:14 PM
Besides, the Spurs had their chance to draft Jimmy Butler, but elected for Cory Joseph instead.

At least, CoJo has been a decent point guard in the East, especially in last playoffs...I wouldn't say the same of our two main PGs.

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 11:18 PM
This is exactly why I thought it might be viable... I think he's ready to move on, and with this tendency to join 'superteams', I figured maybe he maybe would bite...

If Chicago moves him, I would have to think they tank immediately and start rebuilding, right?

I get it. Also, I'm willing to trade Green, Mills or any other Spur not named Kawhi and Murray for the right pieces.

But the Spurs already have many problems, why they would want to have a bigger issue adding Butler to their locker room?

Ice009
01-29-2017, 11:20 PM
Can Butler play PG? If so, I would dump every PG on the team, try and sign Chalmers and run with Butler and Chalmers at PG.

ElNono
01-29-2017, 11:22 PM
I get it. Also, I'm willing to trade Green, Mills or any other Spur not named Kawhi and Murray for the right pieces.

But the Spurs already have many problems, why they would want to have a bigger issue adding Butler to their locker room?

You would hope Pop could reign him in... would you take the chance or not?

jARS mEsH sEt
01-29-2017, 11:22 PM
Saw the topic title and thought "Caron Butler" for some reason and thought Nono lost his fucking mind :lmao

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 11:37 PM

Since 2013 I don't expect anything from Pop. Sorry, I LOVE him but he's done.

SAGirl
01-29-2017, 11:42 PM
I think Bulls don't bite as I posted but I would do it. The main guys on the team are old other than Kawhi, and Lamarcus is a headscratcher with his unreliability right now. Murray is too young that Pop is not even playing him when his other guards are available... though after this loss, he maybe gets a look in the next game (I hope). The coasting has to stop. Butler has a strong work ethic and he has not been a cancer his entire career. Bulls have issues with Rondo there too (a real known cancer)... his franchise tried to move him after they didn't want to pay him to begin with (ppl forget that). I would do the trade.

HarlemHeat37
01-29-2017, 11:47 PM
Ignoring the obvious intention of this thread(pretty obvious :lol) and Nono being fully aware of the lack of plausibility, Green and Mills have been solid in their roles, despite their recent slumps..looking at the season as a whole, they have done their jobs very well..

I don't know if I've ever seen a fan base blame role players for their troubles more than Spurs fans:lol many people here don't seem to watch the NBA outside of the Spurs..Green and Mills are cold right now, they'll get hot later, we literally do this every single season on this forum:lol

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 11:47 PM
Can Butler play PG? If so, I would dump every PG on the team, try and sign Chalmers and run with Butler and Chalmers at PG.

Well, this is other story.

If Pop plays Butler, Simms, Kawhi, Dedmon/Lee and LMA? I take it. With Parker coming off the bench. Because Pop won't trade TP and I'd hate Chalmers here.

Hoops Czar
01-29-2017, 11:49 PM

Are Danny Green and Paddy Mills locker room cancers? Do the Spurs normally trade for locker room cancers? Do the Spurs typically cut off their nose to spite their face? Do I need to get a psychiatrist in here to tell you why the Spurs wouldn't make this trade? If you're just having fun then, crofl, you made me laugh :lol. If not, I don't know what to tell you. It takes this nigga til mid March before he knows what he's got on the roster and he typically doesn't set his rotation til early April. Haven't been keeping tabs on the collective bargaining agreement. Have they talked about moving the trade deadline back until April 1st to accommodate Pop? I really don't think he's going to make knee jerk reactions based on a couple of bad losses in January (never has before).

YGWHI
01-29-2017, 11:51 PM
Green and Mills are cold right now, they'll get hot later, we literally do this every single season on this forum:lol

Later...means still 2017, right?

Because Green couldn't hit an ocean in last regular season and we had to wait until this season to see a little bit more hot-than-icy...

SAGirl
01-29-2017, 11:54 PM
Ignoring the obvious intention of this thread(pretty obvious :lol) and Nono being fully aware of the lack of plausibility, Green and Mills have been solid in their roles, despite their recent slumps..looking at the season as a whole, they have done their jobs very well..

I don't know if I've ever seen a fan base blame role players for their troubles more than Spurs fans:lol many people here don't seem to watch the NBA outside of the Spurs..Green and Mills are cold right now, they'll get hot later, we literally do this every single season on this forum:lol
For Me it's not about that. I think Mills is likely gone and Danny is a limited role player, while all the other Spurs stars are old (other than Kiwi... Lamarcus has started to be unreliable). Though I know the finger pointing should be at Lamarcus. Maybe he's the one traded this season. I have no attachment to the role players when the team is this old (again outside Kiwi and the young end of the bench roleplayers). RC should be opportunistic.... but Spurs are standing pat so this is just a thread for amusement (like many others)...

HarlemHeat37
01-29-2017, 11:56 PM

Because Green couldn't hit an ocean in last regular season and we had to wait until this season to see more hot-than-icy...

Last regular season was clearly an aberration, as he shot 50% from 3 later in the playoffs and has been between 40-48, this season..I don't know if you were around years ago, but these threads have popped up every single season since 2011..

Doesn't change my point, anyways..if you look at the season as a whole, they have been contributed very well in their roles..

Spurs have 5 high-usage players that run the offense(Kawhi, Parker, Aldridge, Gasol and Manu)..only 1 of those players has been consistently good..no other good/great team in the league has that problem..

Hoops Czar
01-29-2017, 11:57 PM

Because Green couldn't hit an ocean in last regular season and we had to wait until this season to see a little bit more hot-than-icy...

People are still talking about his "O" and completely glossing over his "D".

baseline bum
01-30-2017, 12:07 AM

Thoughts?

And then they can trade Parker for Lillard since Portland is in turmoil too

Gagnrath
01-30-2017, 12:46 AM
People are still talking about his "O" and completely glossing over his "D".

The problem is that in roughly half the games when his O isn't going he seems to get distracted when he is playing off the ball D. This is espet true when it comes to dealing with screens and weak side catch and shoot attempts. I don't know where his head goes or why but you two or three times a game when he is in icey mode... Loose focus and drift out of place or away from his man. Its frustrating because when he is engaged he is a very good defensive wing.

ElNono
01-30-2017, 03:49 AM
Are Danny Green and Paddy Mills locker room cancers? Do the Spurs normally trade for locker room cancers? Do the Spurs typically cut off their nose to spite their face? Do I need to get a psychiatrist in here to tell you why the Spurs wouldn't make this trade? If you're just having fun then, crofl, you made me laugh :lol. If not, I don't know what to tell you. It takes this nigga til mid March before he knows what he's got on the roster and he typically doesn't set his rotation til early April. Haven't been keeping tabs on the collective bargaining agreement. Have they talked about moving the trade deadline back until April 1st to accommodate Pop? I really don't think he's going to make knee jerk reactions based on a couple of bad losses in January (never has before).

As I said before, I think if the Spurs are going to make a mid-season move, these are the contracts that together can bring some value back... We all know Tony and Manu aren't going anywhere, Pop loves Pau and will give him at least another year, Patty is likely gone in the offseason for nothing, and Danny is on a very reasonable deal, but it's one of those contracts that can fetch you something in a trade.

Butler is probably a pipe-dream, tbh, but who else for that kind of money? Is it worth even making a move?

ASG is coming, this is where the mid-season trades start to happen...

ElNono
01-30-2017, 03:54 AM
And then they can trade Parker for Lillard since Portland is in turmoil too

Parker, Manu and I'm also assuming Pau aren't going anywhere, so Lillard isn't coming to be Tony's backup, tbh...

Butler might be unobtainable, but he does more or less what Danny does, and on offense, much better... plus you get something back for Patty since he's gone anyways. I think he wants out of Chitown too.

That's the rationale anyways. If not Butler, some other guard that has an offensive game and is a relatively solid defender. There aren't many, tbh.

midnightpulp
01-30-2017, 04:28 AM

I'm cool with Green's performance this year. I think Mills' troubles go beyond variance, though. You're basically committing the gambler's fallacy here. Mills has been coming up heads so much lately (his slump), you think he's due for a streak of tails (getting hot). As I'm sure you know, probability doesn't work like that. I think defenses have adjusted to Mills and maybe the pressure to continue to perform in a contract year is getting to him.

And we won't even talk about his defense.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-30-2017, 05:43 AM
I was hoping "Anthony" meant "William Anthony Parker", tbh.

r0drig0lac
01-30-2017, 06:13 AM
rasual?

r0drig0lac
01-30-2017, 06:16 AM
If the Spurs included a pair of picks (this year's first rounder and a second rounder the year after) and the rights to Mulutinov I could see traction, but I think the Thunder/T-Pups can offer better unless the Spurs make it LMA for Butler straight up.

not really. no chance in hell of that to happen ... wait, three pages? ... this should be a joke thread

Chillen
01-30-2017, 06:26 AM
Not enough value in that trade for the Bulls to even consider. If Butler does get traded by the trade deadline they will also have to trade Wade to since he will bolt if Butler is gone. I don't think they will trade Butler but you never know.