PDA

View Full Version : Spurs were looking good vs the Cavs and Raps. What changed?

dabom
01-29-2017, 09:46 PM
:lmao

Hoops Czar
01-29-2017, 09:49 PM
Step up in competition.

spurtech09
01-29-2017, 09:59 PM
I know right......What is the deal......The only difference Tony wasn't playing,,,,,,

dabom
01-29-2017, 09:59 PM
:lol

Splits
01-29-2017, 10:07 PM
MELTDOWN IS AT DEFCON 5

TheDoctor
01-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Can we agree to never play scrubs teams again?

Every game vs scrubs is more crushing than the last tbh

spurraider21
01-29-2017, 10:12 PM
MELTDOWN IS AT DEFCON 5

https://i.gyazo.com/fcbfee091acddbd21aaba8de9ec3a873.png

dabom
01-29-2017, 10:13 PM
Thanks for putting my work in one place. :lol

All them threads hard hitters. ;lmao

TheGreatYacht
01-29-2017, 10:13 PM

What a loser

Splits
01-29-2017, 10:14 PM

SORRY

DEFCON 6

picnroll
01-29-2017, 10:15 PM
Any chance a limit can be put on the number of threads dumb bomb starts in a day. It's trashing things up.

dabom
I wonder if any Cancer supporters reply to any of those. :lmao

spurraider21
SORRY

DEFCON 6
bruh defcon 1 is the most extreme, 5 is least

op is at defcon 0

dabom
01-29-2017, 10:16 PM

lilbthebasedgod
They weren't looking good. Cavs and Raptors are just bad.

UZER

op is at defcon 0

:lol

SuperCam
01-29-2017, 10:17 PM
What a loser

agree, someone pink this faggot tbh

Hoops Czar
01-29-2017, 10:18 PM
I know right......What is the deal......The only difference Tony wasn't playing,,,,,,

We certainly can't blame it on Pau's help defense now can we? Or was he playing?

skin27
01-29-2017, 10:20 PM
Pop resting kawhi so that he'll get cold and the streak of 30pts stops..tbh

Splits
01-29-2017, 10:23 PM

op is at defcon 0

NOT HERE! ON SPURSTALK YOUR DEFCON IS THE NUMBER OF MELTDOWN THREADS CREATED WITHIN 1 HOUR.

BillMc
01-29-2017, 10:26 PM
You actually see this all the time. Teams play harder when guys are out (in this case Kawhi, Tony and Pau) but when those guys return they relax and lose a few.

BillMc
01-29-2017, 10:28 PM
NOT HERE! ON SPURSTALK YOUR DEFCON IS THE NUMBER OF MELTDOWN THREADS CREATED WITHIN 1 HOUR.

This thread reminds me....Did I mention my trip to the Chernobyl museum last month?:lol

Splits
01-29-2017, 10:29 PM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/493135/462702.gif

dabom
01-29-2017, 10:32 PM
Where do you keep those gifs? :lmao

What do you put in the search bar? :lmao

TampaDude
9 happened. :lol

TheDoctor
You actually see this all the time. Teams play harder when guys are out (in this case Kawhi, Tony and Pau) but when those guys return they relax and lose a few.

Fans in large part want wins and they dont give a shit about anything else, definitely not the best behavior or mentality to understand how the team get there and prepare for the playoffs.

spurraider21
01-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Where do you keep those gifs? :lmao

What do you put in the search bar? :lmaoi just search "dabom" and there's all kinds of disgusting shit there, like your post history tbh

jbspurs
01-29-2017, 10:52 PM
Parker!

cd98
01-29-2017, 10:54 PM
We looked good against the Raps? We barely won and their best player didn't play.

cd98
01-29-2017, 10:55 PM
And Cavs lost to the Pelicans just like us.

siraulo23
01-30-2017, 02:04 AM
I love my spurs but this years team is a cute regular season team, they could easily lose in the first round

it sucks but it is what it is

r0drig0lac
01-30-2017, 04:57 AM
no simmons = no win

Fireball
01-30-2017, 05:42 AM
Patty Mills got burned by Seth Curry ...

Ice009
01-30-2017, 06:37 AM
This thread reminds me....Did I mention my trip to the Chernobyl museum last month?:lol

Can you actually go to Chernobyl these days? I read they put some huge infrastructure over the number 4 reactor a few months ago to stop anymore radiation leaking out. It's supposed to last about 100 years or something? I need to do some reading about it as I find it very interesting. Very shocking/scary what happened there. I can't imagine what it was like back in 1986 when it actually happened. It actually looks/looked like a nice place to live before the nuclear meltdown.

Ice009
01-30-2017, 06:38 AM
And Cavs lost to the Pelicans just like us.

Anthony Davis didn't even play against the Cavs, did he?

spursistan
01-30-2017, 06:50 AM

Holy shit :lol

Talk about spotting awfulness at first sight..Don't even need to read the OPs, not that there is much in there ..

MultiTroll
01-30-2017, 07:16 AM
Anthony Davis didn't even play against the Cavs, did he?
Ya good point but also apples / oranges.

Cavs in :lol Leastern Conference
know they can coast.

Spurs can too since no way Popped is going to coach the Spurs to #1 seed over the Warriors. Thus Spurs going for #2, good cushion between Spurs and Rockets. But no where near as good as Cavs easy path.

cd98
01-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Ya good point but also apples / oranges.

Cavs in :lol Leastern Conference
know they can coast.

Spurs can too since no way Popped is going to coach the Spurs to #1 seed over the Warriors. Thus Spurs going for #2, good cushion between Spurs and Rockets. But no where near as good as Cavs easy path. The Cavs may be able to coast, but you can see even Lebron is hitting the panic button there. He knows he can't beat the GSW with the current roster. Spurs are in a similar situation, but I don't see a lot of ways to improve the roster. I guess they can coast as they are as good as the rest of the teams in the west. But they used to eat up sub 500 teams for breakfast. Now those teams are winning games in S.A. And while they have a lead over Houston, I could easily see Houston going on a 2nd half run and passing San Antonio, and if the Clippers get Melo and keep their other three stars, who knows what they'll be capable of doing. So I think the Spurs have to be a little concerned, though its certainly not panic time.

BillMc
01-30-2017, 10:22 AM
Can you actually go to Chernobyl these days? I read they put some huge infrastructure over the number 4 reactor a few months ago to stop anymore radiation leaking out. It's supposed to last about 100 years or something? I need to do some reading about it as I find it very interesting. Very shocking/scary what happened there. I can't imagine what it was like back in 1986 when it actually happened. It actually looks/looked like a nice place to live before the nuclear meltdown.

The museum I went to is in Kiev, not in the Chernobyl region. You can take guided tours (not affiliated with the museum, but through tour companies) into the region and visit the city closest to the reactor though I did not. Supposedly, these are safe. How close to the reactor you can get, I can't say. I know you can visit the city right across the lake from it. There were three types of radiation dispersed apparently. One with a half-life of 20 years (dissipated), one of 30 years (just dissipating now) and another that will last several thousand years. There is a population, legal and illegal, that lives close; Something like 180 villages and towns in Soviet Ukraine and Belarus had to be abandoned because of the disaster. When you enter the museum they have this hall with sign after sign from places that are now ghost towns. The disaster released more radiation by a factor of several hundred than the atom bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The reactor is sealed in a "sarcophagus" - material placed on all sides to keep in the radiation. The most harrowing part of this things construction was in the hours/first day after the meltdown when the reactor was sinking into the earth. If it sank too far it would be impossible to seal as well it would pollute the underground rivers that run nearby. So, they sent a group of coal miners to dig a tunnel UNDERNEATH an active, sinking reactor so they could fill it with special concrete and build a bottom to the sarcophagus. Apparently, the temperatures in the tunnel were nightmarish, and the coal miners, who were not an educated lot, often took off their radiation suits to beat the heat. All that did dies within a month of the digging. But they built a bottom on the thing and contained it. Heroes. I may write a dramatisation of this sometime.

Radiation still affects Ukraine. Ukraine has the highest frequency of thyroid cancer in the world (according to the museum). Thyroid cancer is apparently a frequent result of radiation exposure.

I am told much of the Chernobyl region is quite beautiful now as it has been left uninhabited for 30 years and returned to nature. There are still some forests however which were destroyed and left a barren heath though.

SASdynasty!
01-30-2017, 10:32 AM
I wonder if any Cancer supporters reply to any of those. :lmao
Parker supporters would probably just say he was the best player on the floor for the Spurs.

bd_monster
01-30-2017, 10:55 AM
Honestly they just look like a team that's really needing that All-Star Break.

$pursDynasty
01-30-2017, 11:07 AM
Honestly they just look like a team that's really needing that All-Star Break.
yeah all of the elite teams are going thru it, Dubs barely beat the Blazers last night, glad most of the squad can take all star weekend off, the break along with the rededication that the RRT brings are all that this team needs the season is long and uneventful except for a handful of exciting games.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2017, 11:07 AM
The Raptors have lost 6 out of their 7 games and the Cavs went 3-6 during that stretch they played the Spurs.

Spurs played those teams at the perfect time. I'm sure when the Cavs come to town the results will be much different.

dabom
01-30-2017, 11:11 AM
Always making excuses for them but you can't make those same excuses for us. Isn't that hypocritical much faggot? :lmao

TampaDude
01-30-2017, 11:51 AM
The museum I went to is in Kiev, not in the Chernobyl region. You can take guided tours (not affiliated with the museum, but through tour companies) into the region and visit the city closest to the reactor though I did not. Supposedly, these are safe. How close to the reactor you can get, I can't say. I know you can visit the city right across the lake from it. There were three types of radiation dispersed apparently. One with a half-life of 20 years (dissipated), one of 30 years (just dissipating now) and another that will last several thousand years. There is a population, legal and illegal, that lives close; Something like 180 villages and towns in Soviet Ukraine and Belarus had to be abandoned because of the disaster. When you enter the museum they have this hall with sign after sign from places that are now ghost towns. The disaster released more radiation by a factor of several hundred than the atom bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The reactor is sealed in a "sarcophagus" - material placed on all sides to keep in the radiation. The most harrowing part of this things construction was in the hours/first day after the meltdown when the reactor was sinking into the earth. If it sank too far it would be impossible to seal as well it would pollute the underground rivers that run nearby. So, they sent a group of coal miners to dig a tunnel UNDERNEATH an active, sinking reactor so they could fill it with special concrete and build a bottom to the sarcophagus. Apparently, the temperatures in the tunnel were nightmarish, and the coal miners, who were not an educated lot, often took off their radiation suits to beat the heat. All that did dies within a month of the digging. But they built a bottom on the thing and contained it. Heroes. I may write a dramatisation of this sometime.

Radiation still affects Ukraine. Ukraine has the highest frequency of thyroid cancer in the world (according to the museum). Thyroid cancer is apparently a frequent result of radiation exposure.

I am told much of the Chernobyl region is quite beautiful now as it has been left uninhabited for 30 years and returned to nature. There are still some forests however which were destroyed and left a barren heath though.

Yeah, it was the worst nuclear accident in history, bar none. Fukushima was a glass of spilled milk compared to Chernobyl.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2017, 01:20 PM
Always making excuses for them but you can't make those same excuses for us. Isn't that hypocritical much faggot? :lmao

We haven't look like title contenders all season, maybe on the opening day of the season, but that's about it.

dabom
01-30-2017, 01:34 PM
We haven't look like title contenders all season, maybe on the opening day of the season, but that's about it.

And you didn't say my post was wrong. :lol

Horse
01-30-2017, 01:34 PM
Pau started playing better D and we started blowing teams out. He got hurt and as much as some may hate him that threw everything off. He can score on just about anyone, great passer and at times can play a little D.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2017, 01:36 PM
And you didn't say my post was wrong. :lol

I thought that much was obvious. Spurs are paper tigers.

dabom
01-30-2017, 01:41 PM
I thought that much was obvious. Spurs are paper tigers.

The hypocrite part you French white flag waving faggot. :lmao

SAGirl
01-30-2017, 01:48 PM
no simmons = no win
they have gotten wins without him.
I do think he helps obviously, but sometimes he plays 9 minutes (did so agains the Cavs)... if he's the reason why the Spurs are losing they are in a bad place TBH.

SAGirl
01-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Patty Mills got burned by Seth Curry ...
:tu

SAGirl
01-30-2017, 02:02 PM
Pau started playing better D and we started blowing teams out. He got hurt and as much as some may hate him that threw everything off. He can score on just about anyone, great passer and at times can play a little D.
I do think they miss Pau. Frankly I expected Dedmon to pick up minutes in his absence but he's still averaging 12-14. He may be overrated in these boards bc he's a good athlete because Pop hasn't increased his minutes in pau's absence. I like Davis but he's a shooter, just a different player, Pau is a playmaker/scorer etc. It's probably tough to replace the element that he brought. I tend to think that is why Pop went with Lee to start previously.

Pop has to figure out a rotation that works in Pau's absence.:toast

snickles
01-30-2017, 02:18 PM

thanks for taking the time to type all that out. i have a weird fascination with that whole disaster and all the after effects. i had never heard about the digging underneath it.

i love how once in a while, something fascinating and completely unrelated pops up on this site.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2017, 02:42 PM
The hypocrite part you French white flag waving faggot. :lmao

I'm not french or anything close to it

dabom
01-30-2017, 02:44 PM
I'm not french or anything close to it

You show tendencies all the time. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2017, 02:51 PM
You show tendencies all the time. :lol

I enjoy the French New wave, but that's about as far as it goes :tu

dabom
01-30-2017, 03:07 PM
:tu

Proxy
01-30-2017, 03:14 PM
maybe a lot of the team gave a shit, and then later, they didn't give as much of a shit

BillMc
01-30-2017, 03:15 PM
thanks for taking the time to type all that out. i have a weird fascination with that whole disaster and all the after effects. i had never heard about the digging underneath it.

i love how once in a while, something fascinating and completely unrelated pops up on this site.

Cheers man:toast

Yeah, it was a fascinating museum. Took me about 2 hours to go through the whole thing. I had never heard of the digging beneath before either, but am now slowly collecting info on it. Very fascinating (and tragic and terrifying) event.

Best, Bill

BillMc
01-30-2017, 03:16 PM
Yeah, it was the worst nuclear accident in history, bar none. Fukushima was a glass of spilled milk compared to Chernobyl.
Truth.

coachmac87
01-30-2017, 03:34 PM

Only ONE team has looked liked a title contender all year....and that's the "best team ever assembled"

So what does this mean exactly?

Nothing

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2017, 10:42 PM
Only ONE team has looked liked a title contender all year....and that's the "best team ever assembled"

So what does this mean exactly?

Nothing

It is possible to have multiple contenders, I agree that this is the shittiest the NBA has been in terms of strong teams but it doesn't change the fact that the Spurs look to be done early in the playoffs. Too much dead weight on the roster that doesn't produce consistently enough.

BillMc
01-30-2017, 11:09 PM
I it doesn't change the fact that the Spurs look to be done early in the playoffs. Too much dead weight on the roster that doesn't produce consistently enough.

Who do you forsesee beating us early in the playoffs? I mean if it is a "fact" that they "look to be done" that means you'd favor the opponent over them? So Memphis? OKC? Those are the two most likely opponents. You'd favor them over the Spurs? And in the second round its likely Houston? Have you seen the problems the Rockets have been having lately?

Clips and Dubs are likely on the other side of the Western bracket. So which of all these flawed teams on our side is this harbinger of doom?

The truth is (once again) for all the Spurs problems, every team, except the Dubs has as many or more issues. Even the Cavs we'd be favored over.

Could the Spurs lose in the first round? Sure, especially if somehow the Clippers drop and then get healthy (though I'd still take the Spurs barely). But I think "looks to be done" isn't a realistic assessment of their chances.

coachmac87
01-30-2017, 11:31 PM
It is possible to have multiple contenders, I agree that this is the shittiest the NBA has been in terms of strong teams but it doesn't change the fact that the Spurs look to be done early in the playoffs. Too much dead weight on the roster that doesn't produce consistently enough.

I was going by your standards regarding GSW being the only title contender...

I do agree the the NBA is watered down...but that also means Spurs are a top 4 team in the league which IMO makes them a title contender..

You don't think so and that's ok. I'm just curious to know who you think is if they aren't and why

coachmac87
01-30-2017, 11:32 PM
Who do you forsesee beating us early in the playoffs? I mean if it is a "fact" that they "look to be done" that means you'd favor the opponent over them? So Memphis? OKC? Those are the two most likely opponents. You'd favor them over the Spurs? And in the second round its likely Houston? Have you seen the problems the Rockets have been having lately?

Clips and Dubs are likely on the other side of the Western bracket. So which of all these flawed teams on our side is this harbinger of doom?

The truth is (once again) for all the Spurs problems, every team, except the Dubs has as many or more issues. Even the Cavs we'd be favored over.

Could the Spurs lose in the first round? Sure, especially if somehow the Clippers drop and then get healthy (though I'd still take the Spurs barely). But I think "looks to be done" isn't a realistic assessment of their chances.

+1

Amuseddaysleeper
01-31-2017, 01:54 PM

Rockets have certainly had their share of problems Bill, no question, but I think in a matchup with the Spurs they are going to be a nightmare. I absolutely think Houston has a great shot of upsetting the Spurs, especially if they can hit at least 35% from downtown. Eric Gordan has been injured lately and he was easily their second best player. They've also had it rough scheduling wise but I will agree that the Rockets have come back down to earth in recent weeks.

My issue with the Spurs is that outside of Kawhi there is not one single player you can look at say "Come playoff time, I have faith this guy will deliver". LMA has regressed and our defense is all over the place. We have a lot of minus defenders (if we start TP and Pau, 40% of our starting 5 features some of the worst defenders in the league) and our backcourt is pretty poor.

Yes, I know I'm pessimistic but I actually think this is the weakest Spurs team since 2010 and in any other year they'd be closer to a #5 seed.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-31-2017, 01:58 PM
I was going by your standards regarding GSW being the only title contender...

I do agree the the NBA is watered down...but that also means Spurs are a top 4 team in the league which IMO makes them a title contender..

You don't think so and that's ok. I'm just curious to know who you think is if they aren't and why

I think the Warriors are a contender and maybe Cleveland but moreso because they play in a horrible conference. I think the elephant in the room about Cleveland is that Bogut's injury and Green's deserved suspension was the biggest catalyst to them winning the title. I think they won't be so fortunate this year.

I think GS is so far ahead of the pack that the Spurs ceiling is the WCF, which isn't terrible to be honest. It's just that going by the Spurs track record, they are the kings of having a momentum shift within a playoff series more than any other team this decade. The number of times we've seen them be in control of a series only to have things fall apart happens far too often. It is what it is, but this year's team is the weakest since 2010. I think Houston is going to be an awful matchup in the second round and if the Clippers are healthy the Spurs will out in 5-6 games. The Spurs lack consistency from their players, and while depth is great in the regular season, the playoffs are all about the superstars. Spurs have Kawhi and a bunch of role players. I don't trust LMA to be there night in and night out. If he's locked in, it's a completely different team, but it was extremely worrisome in Game 2 against OKC last year he had 45 points and the Spurs still lost. That's insane.

BillMc
01-31-2017, 03:26 PM
Rockets have certainly had their share of problems Bill, no question, but I think in a matchup with the Spurs they are going to be a nightmare. I absolutely think Houston has a great shot of upsetting the Spurs, especially if they can hit at least 35% from downtown. Eric Gordan has been injured lately and he was easily their second best player. They've also had it rough scheduling wise but I will agree that the Rockets have come back down to earth in recent weeks.

My issue with the Spurs is that outside of Kawhi there is not one single player you can look at say "Come playoff time, I have faith this guy will deliver". LMA has regressed and our defense is all over the place. We have a lot of minus defenders (if we start TP and Pau, 40% of our starting 5 features some of the worst defenders in the league) and our backcourt is pretty poor.

Yes, I know I'm pessimistic but I actually think this is the weakest Spurs team since 2010 and in any other year they'd be closer to a #5 seed.

Thanks for the well-thought-out response. :toast I guess our differing forecasts depend on our opinion of a Spurs-Rockets match-up. I think their lack of defense will be exposed in the playoffs (as it already is tbh) and Spurs take the series in 5, max 6 (if healthy). There's always a chance Harden goes on some tear, but even with that, I'd give them only like a 20% chance to win the series. Perhaps, I am too much the optimist.:lol

Amuseddaysleeper
01-31-2017, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the well-thought-out response. :toast I guess our differing forecasts depend on our opinion of a Spurs-Rockets match-up. I think their lack of defense will be exposed in the playoffs (as it already is tbh) and Spurs take the series in 5, max 6 (if healthy). There's always a chance Harden goes on some tear, but even with that, I'd give them only like a 20% chance to win the series. Perhaps, I am too much the optimist.:lol

:lol no no Bill, once the Rockets open Game 1 on a 6-0 run I'll be thinking Rocket in 5, you're fine, I am always peering over the edge of the cliff! :toast

BillMc
01-31-2017, 04:39 PM
:lol no no Bill, once the Rockets open Game 1 on a 6-0 run I'll be thinking Rocket in 5, you're fine, I am always peering over the edge of the cliff! :toast
:toast

Look over the edge all you want, just don't jump my friend. :lol