PDA

View Full Version : Off-topic but amusing: Captain Jack being Captain Jack

toki9
01-30-2017, 03:53 PM
Found this pretty funny...and it kind of explains a lot.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/1/30/14441706/stephen-jackson-weed-nba-baron-davis-don-nelson-story-warriors

As told by Jackson, he had just undergone his final drug test of the season while on the road in Utah. Because NBA players only have a set number of tests, Jackson and teammate Baron Davis both knew they could start smoking weed again without the fear of any repercussions. [Don] Nelson knew it, too.

“Nobody knows this story, so this is the first time somebody is hearing this. We’re in Utah and the drug test people are around, you know, to get our last drug test so we can smoke, right? Don Nelson, we talked about weed all the time, he was cool with talking about weed. We got our last test in Utah, right? So me and Baron are coming out the locker room just screaming, excited with our last pink slip saying we could smoke for the rest of the season and Don Nelson hauls ass down there giving us high-fives like, “Yeah, we can smoke now!” It was cool, the fact that he knows what’s going on off the court with his players, which was great man. We enjoyed it. That’s why we were a great team.”
Could Jackson play basketball effectively after smoking weed? He described it like this.

“I can’t speak for nobody else. Me personally, I’ve done a lot of shit before games sometimes and still was able to go out there and be productive. I just gotta be real, you know, it’s been a couple games where I smoked before games and had great games. It’s been some games where I smoked before the game and was on the bench after three minutes sitting on the sideline, ‘please calm down, this high has to calm down,’ I done shot three shots that went over the backboard, like, I’m going to be honest, like ‘ahh, I gotta calm down.’”

cd98
01-30-2017, 04:06 PM
Maybe that explains Manu's missed three (game winner attempt) against the Bucks.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-30-2017, 04:27 PM
Stern and Silver >>>>>>>>>>>> Nazi Goodell ...... aside from the NBA refs being perennially shitty, at least they don't suspend people for a whole year over fucking weed, tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
01-30-2017, 04:32 PM
Maybe that explains Manu's missed three (game winner attempt) against the Bucks.

That was more of a PCP shot than a weed shot.

DJR210
01-30-2017, 04:58 PM
P.A. Texas represent, shout out to Donna Goodeau

SAGirl
01-30-2017, 05:03 PM
:lol
This was so out of the blue it was hilarious.:lmao

cd98
01-30-2017, 05:05 PM
Stern and Silver >>>>>>>>>>>> Nazi Goodell ...... aside from the NBA refs being perennially shitty, at least they don't suspend people for a whole year over fucking weed, tbh. In fairness to NBA refs...they have to ref 82 games. If NFL refs went 82 games, you'd see just as many blown calls.

GSH
01-30-2017, 10:25 PM
I don't care what he did, as long as he could perform. If he had a single game where he couldn't perform, because he was loaded, that's one thing. If he had a second, fuck him.

gospursgojas
01-31-2017, 12:44 AM
Former NBA player, current inmate Keon Clark played every game drunk.

sananspursfan21
01-31-2017, 12:45 AM
Captain Jack will get you high tonight
Take you to your special island

GSH
01-31-2017, 01:07 AM
Former NBA player, current inmate Keon Clark played every game drunk.

Yeah, that was hard to believe. He had a couple of pretty good seasons IIRC, especially at Toronto. I wondered if he was exaggerating - especially about drinking at halftime. It seems like teammates would have had to smell that, and that someone would have confronted him. Have an intervention or something.

BillMc
01-31-2017, 04:38 AM
Captain Jack will get you high tonight
Take you to your special island
:lol