ducks
01-30-2017, 11:42 PM
I guess they suck Dallas was on a back to back

TheDoctor
01-30-2017, 11:45 PM
They weren't prepared to play DAL w/o Jason Kid tbh

dabom
01-30-2017, 11:49 PM
Are they playing the Warriettes tomorrow?

Strategic
01-30-2017, 11:53 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Mavs earned first round playoffs vs the dubs.

gospursgojas
01-31-2017, 12:42 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if Mavs earned first round playoffs vs the dubs.

And revenge the 07 8 vs 1 upset.

GSH
01-31-2017, 01:19 AM
The Cavs may get it back together, but they're in some serious disarray right now. All this shit with LeBron demanding that the owner buy another player is a distraction. And they've both stepped up the talk, and sort of drawn some lines. They could go either way.

The Cavs are really close to the $3.25 level of lux tax, too. An extra $5M in salary will cost Gilbert $20M out of pocket, and he already signed $300M worth of contracts this season. I don't see him just throwing money at another player unless he's one hell of a difference maker. And even then, they'll have to give something up.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-31-2017, 03:27 AM
And revenge the 07 8 vs 1 upset.

I'd love that, tbh.

BillMc
01-31-2017, 04:37 AM
The Cavs may get it back together, but they're in some serious disarray right now. All this shit with LeBron demanding that the owner buy another player is a distraction. And they've both stepped up the talk, and sort of drawn some lines. They could go either way.

The Cavs are really close to the $3.25 level of lux tax, too. An extra $5M in salary will cost Gilbert $20M out of pocket, and he already signed $300M worth of contracts this season. I don't see him just throwing money at another player unless he's one hell of a difference maker. And even then, they'll have to give something up.

This is another very good point. I can see (honestly) why Gilbert would be hesitant to add a piece just to appease LeBron. Surely, they'll get someone after the buyouts come.

The weakness of the Cavs is another reason why Spurs fans should take heart. For all our problems, there really is only 1 team that would be favored over us in a series. All this talk of tanking or trading away key pieces such at Patty or Parker is foolish, this team has a realistic shot. If the Dubs stumble, or can't handle our size, we may very well collect another chip despite warts and all. Let's see how we look by the end of the RRT.

Ice009
01-31-2017, 05:31 AM
This is another very good point. I can see (honestly) why Gilbert would be hesitant to add a piece just to appease LeBron. Surely, they'll get someone after the buyouts come.

The weakness of the Cavs is another reason why Spurs fans should take heart. For all our problems, there really is only 1 team that would be favored over us in a series. All this talk of tanking or trading away key pieces such at Patty or Parker is foolish, this team has a realistic shot. If the Dubs stumble, or can't handle our size, we may very well collect another chip despite warts and all. Let's see how we look by the end of the RRT.

You can't wait until the end of RRT, as I think the trade deadline is before that. You got to make a decision before then about standing pat.

BillMc
01-31-2017, 05:41 AM
You can't wait until the end of RRT, as I think the trade deadline is before that. You got to make a decision before then about standing pat.

Spurs won't and probably shouldn't make any trades. They'll get a renter off the buyout market likely but no trade.

cd98
01-31-2017, 08:10 AM
Cavs suck too. That Spurs win looking weaker by the game.

$pursDynasty
01-31-2017, 10:48 AM

Bill speaking logical truth in ST but we all know that doesn't really work in ST all too well.

BillMc
01-31-2017, 11:05 AM
Bill speaking logical truth in ST but we all know that doesn't really work in ST all too well.
:toast Cheers.

cd98
01-31-2017, 11:37 AM
I could see Houston beating SA in the 2nd round.

coachmac87
01-31-2017, 11:48 AM

Agreed. There's turmoil all across the league except in GS...Spurs lost Gasol for awhile and obviously deal with rest and minor injuries throughout the year..

The league as a whole sucks right now...it's top heavy and even those teams lay eggs and are dealing with injuries etc. GS has had a smooth sailing so far but they have an issues with depth and things could get weird for them if they deal with an injury etc.

Health is Spurs main concern and has been for years...just be healthy come playoffs and shoot for WCF against GSW and let the rest play itself out

r0drig0lac
01-31-2017, 01:43 PM
gsw is an injury (Curry or Durant) far from falling in the second round

BillMc
01-31-2017, 04:41 PM
Agreed. There's turmoil all across the league except in GS...Spurs lost Gasol for awhile and obviously deal with rest and minor injuries throughout the year..

The league as a whole sucks right now...it's top heavy and even those teams lay eggs and are dealing with injuries etc. GS has had a smooth sailing so far but they have an issues with depth and things could get weird for them if they deal with an injury etc.

Health is Spurs main concern and has been for years...just be healthy come playoffs and shoot for WCF against GSW and let the rest play itself out

Well said. :toast

BillMc
01-31-2017, 04:45 PM
gsw is an injury (Curry or Durant) far from falling in the second round

Yep. And both players have a history of injuries. Not rooting for injuries of course, but one has to be aware that this is a "weakness" if you will of both players.

TheDoctor
01-31-2017, 05:07 PM
Yep. And both players have a history of injuries. Not rooting for injuries of course, but one has to be aware that this is a "weakness" if you will of both players.

This is me wishing no injuries to the Worriers....

http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA5LzEwLzU3L3BhcmVudHRyYXAuZTVlZWQuZ2lmCn AJdGh1bWIJODUweDU5MD4KZQlqcGc/c061ab57/5a4/parent-trap.jpg

BillMc
01-31-2017, 05:14 PM
This is me wishing no injuries to the Worriers....

http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA5LzEwLzU3L3BhcmVudHRyYXAuZTVlZWQuZ2lmCn AJdGh1bWIJODUweDU5MD4KZQlqcGc/c061ab57/5a4/parent-trap.jpg
:lmao

GSH
01-31-2017, 07:11 PM
Wow, LeBron has a great big giant case of the red-ass after that loss. :lol Barkley called him out for demanding that Gilbert buy him another player, after already getting everything he wanted. My favorite comment from Barkley: "He's the best player in the world. Does he want ALL of the good players? He don't want to compete? He is an amazing player. They're the defending champs."

LeBron tried to pretend like it didn't bother him. But after the loss to Dallas, he just lost it. 'Bron is good enough that he may get motivated and play even better. But right now, this is turning into one hell of a distraction. It's got to have an effect on the rest of the team.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/31/lebron-james-defends-legacy-calls-charles-barkley-hater

"He's a hater," James told ESPN of Barkley following the*Cleveland Cavaliers'*104-97 loss*to the*Dallas Mavericks*on Monday. "What makes what he says credible? Because he's on TV?" :lol

Play Boban
01-31-2017, 09:06 PM
In before someone blames this on Tony Parker.