PDA

View Full Version : FkLA and ElNono's rent-free mod and malware complaint thread

FkLA
02-01-2017, 12:10 AM
Spurs dominate.

Seriously is this even debatable anymore? Porker scoring 'well' is a detriment because he goes into hero mode and ignores/takes touches away from one of the three best players on the planet. There is absolutely no reason why an over the hill PG should be going toe to toe in FGAs with Kawhigod, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2017, 12:11 AM
That rent-free thingy

FkLA
02-01-2017, 12:12 AM
Today:
Kawhi- 26 FGAs
Porker- 3 FGAs

That type of ratio is what we should see every single game, tbh.

Blake
02-01-2017, 12:19 AM
Playoff time sounds good to me for KL to have 26 fga. Not every night in an 82 game grind

FkLA
02-01-2017, 12:22 AM
It really undersells Kawhi's greatness when I hear shit like 'we need Porker in attack mode to compete'. No we fucking don't. All that does is take touches away from a hungry ass Kawhi, who has shown that he has an undying drive to go down as one of the greatest ever. Every time we put a ceiling on him he just smashes right through it. Don't need an over the hill Porker shooting 15 FGAs when we have such a special player at SF, tbh.

:claw

FkLA
02-01-2017, 12:23 AM
Playoff time sounds good to me for KL to have 26 fga. Not every night in an 82 game grind

For sure. That's why I said ratio.

dabom
02-01-2017, 12:24 AM
It really undersells Kawhi's greatness when I hear shit like 'we need Porker in attack mode to compete'. No we fucking don't. All that does is take touches away from a hungry ass Kawhi, who has shown that he has an undying drive to go down as one of the greatest ever. Every time we put a ceiling on him he just smashes right through it. Don't need an over the hill Porker shooting 15 FGAs when we have such a special player at SF, tbh.

:claw
:lol midnightpulp

midnightpulp
02-01-2017, 12:24 AM
Against bad teams, you can get away with it. Against teams with more firepower (e.g. Warriors), you won't be able to. Team needs a 3rd and even a 4th option. Committee shit won't work. The committee model always looks nice during the regular season when there's no pressure, but in the playoffs, a team's 5th, 6th, 7th guys on the pecking order tighten up and go into deferral mode. It's why teams always shorten rotations in the playoffs.

Hey, I'm all for Parker not being the 3rd option. But no one else on this team has proven they can score in the double digits consistently as him. And no Parker hater has come up with a solution. They either want to return to the beautiful basketball model (i.e. committee) or just force feed Kawhi and expect magic to happen.

This team hasn't signed nor developed a high octane scoring guard. The perfect player solution is first game of the year Simmons. An athletic penetrator who is a threat to go off at any time and generally causes headaches for defenses. It's too bad he's regressed.

apalisoc_9
02-01-2017, 12:26 AM
My nigga fkla regulating..

SpursIndonesia
02-01-2017, 12:29 AM
Against bad teams, you can get away with it. Against teams with more firepower (e.g. Warriors), you won't be able to. Team needs a 3rd and even a 4th option. Committee shit won't work. The committee model always looks nice during the regular season when there's no pressure, but in the playoffs, a team's 5th, 6th, 7th guys on the pecking order tighten up and go into deferral mode. It's why teams always shorten rotations in the playoffs.

Hey, I'm all for Parker not being the 3rd option. But no one else on this team has proven they can score in the double digits consistently as him. And no Parker hater has come up with a solution. They either want to return to the beautiful basketball model (i.e. committee) or just force feed Kawhi and expect magic to happen.

This team hasn't signed nor developed a high octane scoring guard. The perfect player solution is first game of the year Simmons. An athletic penetrator who is a threat to go off at any time and generally causes headaches for defenses. It's too bad he's regressed.

This team doesn't have the personnel to play that beautiful game anymore, and force feeding Leonard & Aldridge has only WCF ceiling at best, so i agree with your point. Of course to really have a shot against the two superteams of the league, we will need another shooter or two getting hot in the series, but that's another issue altogether.

FkLA
02-01-2017, 12:36 AM

Hey, letting Kawhi carry us by no means guarantees a championship. There's a good chance it may not be enough to overcome all the firepower the Warriors have. But I'd rather roll with that over letting a 35 year old Porker take turns taking shots with Kawhi. Like I've been saying for months, Kawhi/LMA 1-2 punch is our best best.

It's time accept the fact that Porker is a fucking double edged sword. When he's bad he's atrocious. When he's good, he always tries to make himself the protagonist. Just doesn't know how to play well as a complimentary player.

gilmor
02-01-2017, 12:39 AM
Spurs won't get thro the 2nd round.. We won't be going to the finals anyway..

I will say let's just start Dejote Murray for now..

midnightpulp
02-01-2017, 12:42 AM
This team doesn't have the personnel to play that beautiful game anymore, and force feeding Leonard & Aldridge has only WCF ceiling at best, so i agree with your point. Of course to really have a shot against the two superteams of the league, we will need another shooter or two getting hot in the series, but that's another issue altogether.

Yep.

That's all I'm concerned with.

"How do we beat the Warriors?"

These guys rejoice when Parker is a non-factor and Kawhi gets 30 shots and puts up a nice PPG and overall line, and the Spurs might beat this bad team by 20. The usual suspects then use that as "evidence" that a top heavy scoring offense is going to be enough to contend.

What's going to happen when the Warriors pack? What's going to happen when they swarm? How are LMA and Kawhi alone going to equalize Durant, Curry, Klay, and Draymond?

I've seen this movie before in 2004 against the Lakers. Spurs were top heavy with Duncan and Parker (Manu was still a role player that year). Looked good for the first two games in the WCSF. Then Phil Jackson packed, putting more onus on the role players to make shots. And they didn't.

Clipper Nation
02-01-2017, 12:45 AM
Against bad teams, you can get away with it. Against teams with more firepower (e.g. Warriors), you won't be able to.
:lol Porker taking more than maybe three shots a game is a recipe for disaster against the Warriors.

FkLA
02-01-2017, 12:47 AM
Yep.

That's all I'm concerned with.

"How do we beat the Warriors?"

These guys rejoice when Parker is a non-factor and Kawhi gets 30 shots and puts up a nice PPG and overall line, and the Spurs might beat this bad team by 20. The usual suspects then use that as "evidence" that a top heavy scoring offense is going to be enough to contend.

What's going to happen when the Warriors pack? What's going to happen when they swarm? How are LMA and Kawhi alone going to equalize Durant, Curry, Klay, and Draymond?

I've seen this movie before in 2004 against the Lakers. Spurs were top heavy with Duncan and Parker (Manu was still a role player that year). Looked good for the first two games in the WCSF. Then Phil Jackson packed, putting more onus on the role players to make shots. And they didn't.

What are you talking about. They've won at Cleveland and at GS on the backs of Kawhi and LMA (to a lesser extent obviously).

Yeah, it's just the regular season but it's hell of a lot more positive evidence than there is for allowing Porker to take turns taking shots with both of them. Also, did you miss the 2015 movie were moving away from a Kawhi-centric offense and letting Porker continue to play hero led to an embarrassing 1st round outing against the Clippers?

midnightpulp
02-01-2017, 01:08 AM
Hey, letting Kawhi carry us by no means guarantees a championship. There's a good chance it may not be enough to overcome all the firepower the Warriors have. But I'd rather roll with that over letting a 35 year old Porker take turns taking shots with Kawhi. Like I've been saying for months, Kawhi/LMA 1-2 punch is our best best.

It's time accept the fact that Porker is a fucking double edged sword. When he's bad he's atrocious. When he's good, he always tries to make himself the protagonist. Just doesn't know how to play well as a complimentary player.

What's going to happen when they are throwing double and triple teams at Leonard? He can't defer to LMA because of where they'll be oriented on the court (i.e. if Kawhi is getting swarmed in the mid post, it means LMA will standing 15 feet away from the rim on the weakside baseline.

Here's a typical mid/high-post situation through a pseudo-triangle set.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/1530kr9.jpg

Let's say Parker here dumped the ball into Kawhi at the elbow mid post. GS immediately swarms. Zaza/Raymond/Whoever is playing center for GS fronts Gasol, taking away the dump pass to Gasol (which would a tough pass over Durant's length anyway). Cross courting to LMA is a no-go. So like usual in these situations, it's your guards you need to "protect you." Green is certainly an option for the corner 3. But Parker is also an option if they've been closing out on Green quickly (and GS closes out very quickly). Parker can flashcut toward the left elbow and will have a penetration lane. If LMA's defender rotates over to help, Parker can kick to LMA, who will obviously be open. Gasol's defender will also be forced to help, which will give Parker the option of shoveling it to Gasol. And if the shot is there, Parker can finish with a floater, layup, etc. Another option after he flashes will be that 18 footer of his (the worst option, but Parker is shooting 47 percent from that distance this year).

Patty in this situation limits the offense much more, as he's only good for a spot up 3 from the top of the key or the left wing, which Steph, being 6'3" and long, can close out on.

I've seen the above scenario more times than I can count. Typically ends in a Green shot or Parker penetration>kick>LMA open 15 footer. Point is the offense is more dynamic in these spots (Kawhi swarmed, triple teamed) with Parker than it is with Patty. This is exactly why Pop brings in Manu with Patty. Manu becomes Parker in this sequence while Mills becomes Green.

I might be on board with more Manu and Mills vs. Green and Parker. That makes sense. What irritates me is thinking Mills in for Parker regardless of lineup will always work "just because."

midnightpulp
02-01-2017, 01:14 AM
What are you talking about. They've won at Cleveland and at GS on the backs of Kawhi and LMA (to a lesser extent obviously).

Yeah, it's just the regular season but it's hell of a lot more positive evidence than there is for allowing Porker to take turns taking shots with both of them. Also, did you miss the 2015 movie were moving away from a Kawhi-centric offense and letting Porker continue to play hero led to an embarrassing 1st round outing against the Clippers?

Exactly.

Cleveland doesn't concern me nearly as much at GS. There's one team the Spurs really have to worry about (aside from a healthy Clippers cooking on cylinders). If Golden State didn't exist, I wouldn't be much interested in the Parker situation, but they do.

FkLA
02-01-2017, 01:27 AM
What's going to happen when they are throwing double and triple teams at Leonard? He can't defer to LMA because of where they'll be oriented on the court (i.e. if Kawhi is getting swarmed in the mid post, it means LMA will standing 15 feet away from the rim on the weakside baseline.

Here's a typical mid/high-post situation through a pseudo-triangle set.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/1530kr9.jpg

Let's say Parker here dumped the ball into Kawhi at the elbow mid post. GS immediately swarms. Zaza/Raymond/Whoever is playing center for GS fronts Gasol, taking away the dump pass to Gasol (which would a tough pass over Durant's length anyway). Cross courting to LMA is a no-go. So like usual in these situations, it's your guards you need to "protect you." Green is certainly an option for the corner 3. But Parker is also an option if they've been closing out on Green quickly (and GS closes out very quickly). Parker can flashcut toward the left elbow and will have a penetration lane. If LMA's defender rotates over to help, Parker can kick to LMA, who will obviously be open. Gasol's defender will also be forced to help, which will give Parker the option of shoveling it to Gasol. And if the shot is there, Parker can finish with a floater, layup, etc. Another option after he flashes will be that 18 footer of his (the worst option, but Parker is shooting 47 percent from that distance this year).

Patty in this situation limits the offense much more, as he's only good for a spot up 3 from the top of the key or the left wing, which Steph, being 6'3" and long, can close out on.

I've seen the above scenario more times than I can count. Typically ends in a Green shot or Parker penetration>kick>LMA open 15 footer. Point is the offense is more dynamic in these spots (Kawhi swarmed, triple teamed) with Parker than it is with Patty. This is exactly why Pop brings in Manu with Patty. Manu becomes Parker in this sequence while Mills becomes Green.

I might be on board with more Manu and Mills vs. Green and Parker. That makes sense. What irritates me is thinking Mills in for Parker regardless of lineup will always work "just because."

Leonard isn't just an elite post player anymore like he was in 14-15. There's plenty of other ways to utilize him. His handling of double teams and traps has also improved dramatically. Also not sure what Paddy has to do with anything. If Porker does what he did today I could care less who starts. Although tbf if he's just going to hand the ball off to Kawhi and go stand in the corner (like he did the entire 4th Qtr today) I don't see why Pop wouldn't have a better shooter in there.

Exactly.

Cleveland doesn't concern me nearly as much at GS. There's one team the Spurs really have to worry about (aside from a healthy Clippers cooking on cylinders). If Golden State didn't exist, I wouldn't be much interested in the Parker situation, but they do.

Yet you are all-in on Porker getting substantial touches because he had a solid month, against a bunch of bad teams in the measly regular season? Come on now you can't have it both ways.

midnightpulp
02-01-2017, 01:34 AM
Leonard isn't just an elite post player anymore like he was in 14-15. There's plenty of other ways to utilize him. His handling of double teams and traps has also improved dramatically. Also not sure what Paddy has to do with anything. If Porker does what he did today I could care less who starts. Although tbf if he's just going to hand the ball off to Kawhi and go stand in the corner (like he did the entire 4th Qtr today) I don't see why Pop wouldn't have a better shooter in there.

Yet you are all-in on Porker getting substantial touches because he had a solid month, against a bunch of bad teams in the measly regular season? Come on now you can't have it both ways.

Post is still Kawhi's bread-and-butter.

I don't get where you're going with the last comment? I want him to have "touches" and find a gear because we're going to need him to be threat. That's all there is to it. Spurs don't have the firepower to match up with the Warriors, as has been said ad nauseam. Kawhi and LMA average 60 between them in the series. Great! But so do KD and Curry.

Now what?

"Committee?" :lol

FkLA
02-01-2017, 01:41 AM
Post is still Kawhi's bread-and-butter.

I don't get where you're going with the last comment? I want him to have "touches" and find a gear because we're going to need him to be threat. That's all there is to it. Spurs don't have the firepower to match up with the Warriors, as has been said ad nauseam. Kawhi and LMA average 60 between them in the series. Great! But so do KD and Curry.

Now what?

"Committee?" :lol

What more proof do you need that Porker doesn't work as a complimentary player though? When he finds a gear he's ball dominant, and goes toe to toe with our top two guys when it comes to FGAs. Kawhi doesn't get a chance to go into god mode if the Pork is even somewhat on--simple as that.

FkLA
02-01-2017, 01:43 AM
Mods stopping by to white knight the Pork by editing thread titles but won't even do something useful like sticky Chinook's game grades thread.

lol faggots

midnightpulp
02-01-2017, 01:47 AM
What more proof do you need that Porker doesn't work as a complimentary player though? When he finds a gear he's ball dominant, and goes toe to toe with our top two guys when it comes to FGAs. Kawhi doesn't get a chance to go into god mode if the Pork is even somewhat on--simple as that.

Where's your proof that higher Parker usage correlates with Kawhi performing worse?

Kawhi had the 30/60% streak WITH Parker on the floor and scoring double digits. 5 man and 2 man lineup stats show Parker isn't a "detriment."

And again, "God Mode" Kawhi is just a demigod compared to God mode Steph and Durant. Your argument would hold a little bit more water if Kawhi was going to be the best scorer on the floor in that series, but he won't.

spurraider21
02-01-2017, 02:03 AM
:lmao thread title

ElNono
02-01-2017, 02:24 AM
No surprise mods come to the rescue of Parker, tbh... one of the most protected players in this place. Some posters were even banned for complaining...

Robz4000
02-01-2017, 02:34 AM
Mods stopping by to white knight the Pork by editing thread titles but won't even do something useful like sticky Chinook's game grades thread.

lol faggots

This tbh. I have no dog in this fight but please sticky the game grades threads.

apalisoc_9
02-01-2017, 02:45 AM
No surprise mods come to the rescue of Parker, tbh... one of the most protected players in this place. Some posters were even banned for complaining...

Yup.

spurraider21
02-01-2017, 02:51 AM
:lmao again

UNT Eagles 2016
02-01-2017, 02:54 AM
Where's your proof that higher Parker usage correlates with Kawhi performing worse?

Kawhi had the 30/60% streak WITH Parker on the floor and scoring double digits. 5 man and 2 man lineup stats show Parker isn't a "detriment."

And again, "God Mode" Kawhi is just a demigod compared to God mode Steph and Durant. Your argument would hold a little bit more water if Kawhi was going to be the best scorer on the floor in that series, but he won't.

Curry is vastly overrated. You take away his cheap side dribble stepback 3 and he gets shut down. See the Cleveland serieses.

r0drig0lac
02-01-2017, 05:58 AM

agree

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2017, 06:53 AM
If mods were fair they'd pink this Manuretard

Splits
02-01-2017, 07:28 AM
If mods were fair they'd pink this Manuretard

And bold this poster

ElNono
02-01-2017, 11:37 AM
:lmao again

:lol

ElNono
02-01-2017, 11:58 AM
While we had mods paying attention, can we get the site unlisted from Yandex as a malware site, instead of renaming threads? It's embarrassing, tbh...

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-01-2017, 12:06 PM
The Spurs will always be better when more guys are getting meaningful buckets.

spurraider21
02-01-2017, 12:58 PM
While we had mods paying attention, can we get the site unlisted from Yandex as a malware site, instead of renaming threads? It's embarrassing, tbh...
:wow..

FkLA
02-01-2017, 07:00 PM

Yet you'll have threads that are literally titled 'Manure' or 'Turnobili' go untouched. Smgdh.