PDA

View Full Version : First round preview

SURGE
02-01-2017, 02:21 AM
If today's game was a first round preview how many games would it take to eliminate okc and would this be the easiest first round opponent or is Memphis still an easier opponent for the SPURS

Robz4000
02-01-2017, 02:23 AM
Spurs might not beat OKC tbh. If they did it'd prolly go 6-7. Grizz would go 5 max.

apalisoc_9
02-01-2017, 02:24 AM
OKC is way too shitty lf a team to be worried about. :lol

The possibiity of them slipping to 8th is still way open since they are vurmeable to consecutive loses.

Pray the Jazz steal third.

BillMc
02-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Spurs win n 5

Chinook
02-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Spurs might not beat OKC tbh. If they did it'd prolly go 6-7. Grizz would go 5 max.

If Kawhi got traded, the Spurs might beat OKC in six. I can't see OKC taking two games any other way. The Spurs went through long stretches of the game without even trying to guard Russ. The bigs weren't helping, and Pop even had Simmons on Westbrook. This was a good game for OKC.

sananspursfan21
02-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Easiest first round?? Please, the Kobe-less Lakers were the easiest first round I've ever seen the Spurs play. OKC would still be a tough matchup. As long as you have the best player in the league on your team, you're not an easy matchup

cheguevara
02-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Easiest first round?? Please, the Kobe-less Lakers were the easiest first round I've ever seen the Spurs play. OKC would still be a tough matchup. As long as you have the best player in the league on your team, you're not an easy matchup

Durant is in GS now

cheguevara
02-01-2017, 10:16 AM
No durant this time I would see OK. Winning 2 tops.

GSH
02-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Spurs win n 5

We laughed about this in the game thread. I think the Spurs would sweep, if they could just play all the games on the road. :D

The Spurs had 25 steals + blocks last night. That's not going to happen every night. And they also went to the line more times than OKC. (Kawhi and LMA combined for 20 FTA.) That's also not going to happen every night. Even if it felt like the Spurs got some bullshit calls, it can get a LOT worse.

So I could see OKC taking it to 6 games, if Westbrook really went crazy one game, and the refs contribute enough to another. But I think the chance of a sweep is just about equally likely. Take the easy way out and split the difference - 5 games.

Spur|n|Austin
02-01-2017, 10:59 AM
Sweep or in 5 - OKC has a terrible bench. They'll obviously be a bit stronger when Kanter returns but not strong enough to beat the Spurs.

TXstbobcat
02-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Spurs win n 5

revnge for how last season ended. :toast

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2017, 12:39 PM
OKC is a very poorly built team with limited talent, tbh..they need to surround Westbrook with 3-point shooters, which is the opposite of what they're currently doing:lol

They don't really have any significant advantages over the Spurs in a matchup..no combo guards or screen-shooters(Spurs struggle against those types), nobody that can defend Kawhi or Aldridge, no 2nd scorer outside of Westbrook, etc..

Warriors would sweep them and Spurs would beat them in 5, tbh..OKC matches up decently against Houston, Utah and LAC, though..

cd021
02-01-2017, 12:54 PM
People on ST seem to overate OKC for some reason, Spurs should get it done in 5. They are one of the worst 3pt and FT shooting teams in the league and need Westbrook to carry the load. I could see Westbrook averaging 30 shots per game which would probably work towards the Spurs benefit, he'd probably tire himself out and shot 40% from the field while the Spurs shut down the other players around him.

r0drig0lac
02-01-2017, 01:11 PM
okc? spurs in 4..no doubt

UNT Eagles 2016
02-01-2017, 01:42 PM
People on ST seem to overate OKC for some reason, Spurs should get it done in 5. They are one of the worst 3pt and FT shooting teams in the league and need Westbrook to carry the load. I could see Westbrook averaging 30 shots per game which would probably work towards the Spurs benefit, he'd probably tire himself out and shot 40% from the field while the Spurs shut down the other players around him.

In 2012, as a junior in high school, if you were to tell me that this was going to be true in 5 short years, I'd probably think I had developed a drinking addiction.

Hell, even in 2014 as a freshmore in college.

SURGE
02-01-2017, 08:12 PM
The grizzlies last year was the easiest first round

SPURt
02-01-2017, 08:30 PM
The loss of KD will be felt most in the playoffs. Teams don't need to try near as hard to defend them and will surely figure out how to stop the Westbrook PnR. Not to mention there's no Ibaka either. I used to dislike Westbrook but he's suddenly on Iverson's Sixers and I feel for the guy.

DeadlyDynasty
02-01-2017, 08:31 PM
No way San Antonio beats a healthy OKC team in less than 6 games...Spurs' bigs are way too soft.

spursistan
02-02-2017, 04:45 AM
Yep..Kanter is huge loss for the Thunder..They just got demolished by the shitty Bulls at home..SA-OKC First round series looks like a lock right now....

TheDoctor
02-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Easiest 1st round?

Erin Barry
- TP

Horse
02-02-2017, 01:34 PM
The problem with these fucks is for some reason they get crazy ref love anytime they play us.

RD2191
02-02-2017, 02:12 PM
The problem with these fucks is for some reason they get crazy ref love anytime they play us.

TBH. I also wouldn't underestimate Russ. He could easily take over and get them at least a couple of wins.

apalisoc_9
02-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Yep..Kanter is huge loss for the Thunder..They just got demolished by the shitty Bulls at home..SA-OKC First round series looks like a lock right now....

Hold your breath. I can see OKC dropping as low as 9th seed.