PDA

View Full Version : What have we learned today?

ChumpDumper
10-10-2005, 09:23 PM
We still have no answer for Shaq.

Sharrod Ford will play in the league someday.

If his shot keeps falling, Sean Marks will be a rotation player.

How about you?

Kori Ellis
10-10-2005, 09:25 PM
If Oberto plays some D, he will be a starter before we know it.

Manu and Tim haven't missed a beat.

Ford should make someone's roster.

Beno looks in good shape.

xcoriate
Sean Marks owns this league.

Beno looks good.

New FT style for Timmy

Marcus Bryant
Finley has something to learn.

NVE and Horry are going to be deadly together.

Radoslav's worth is indeed equivalent to the remains of Tariq Abdul-Wahad's career.

Ford and Sanders will be visiting Austin this season.

Trainwreck2100
Whoever threw it away will be sent back to the farm leagues.

1Parker1
:lol I learned that it's only a preseason game and not to take it too seriously.

ChumpDumper
10-10-2005, 09:26 PM
If Oberto plays some D, he will be a starter before we know it.If only by default.

If he doesn't, well, there's always Sean.

Spurminator
Fox Sports Net doesn't think there are any Spurs fans in Dallas.

Clandestino
that it is pre-season and the spurs are the #1 team in the league... regular season game and we win by 16

spurschick
That basketball really makes me happy

1Parker1
10-10-2005, 09:28 PM

:lol Ditto.

ShoogarBear
*slap* *whip*

loveforthegame
Finley has something to learn.

Reading through the thread it sounded like he played well in limited minutes.

What didn't you like?

Marcus Bryant
10-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Finley was lost on D a couple of times. On O, he was ok, but not real assertive. Hopefully time will take care of that.

CharlieMac
That I'm sick and tried of baseball. I need some more basketball, and soon.

ZStomp
Nothing.

It was a preseason games..the Spurs could have won by 30 or lsot by 30...don't mean a damn thing.

bonesinaz
10-10-2005, 09:31 PM

Me too.

I have been smiling since I got home from work and tuned into the audio in the 3rd and checked in here.

Oh, and I learned Ford's name tonight and that Beno is pronounced 'Beano' in Miami. :lol

carina_gino20
Ford can play..and play good...

Tim with the hair works...

how much i've missed spurs basketball...

timvp
There's a reason Jawad Williams wasn't drafted.

Oberto is closer to 6'8 than 6'10.

Ford looks like an athletic Gerard King.

Melvin Sanders looks like Devin Brown without the offensive game.

Beno and Duncan look more in shape.

Stan Van Gundy still takes preseason too seriously.

Manu can make reservations in Houston for the All-Star game.

Mavs<Spurs
Finley is just what we were hoping for and thought he would be.
Manu and Tim are dominant.
Tim > Shaq
Manu > Wade

Turnovers will take away a lead.

It is dangerous for us to start a game hitting our three's because we start playing gunslinger basketball (we were shooting lights out which suddenly became 5 for 14). Our basketball is inside out. We must remember to keep going in to Tim to win. This is what happened in game 2 of the Finals which led to games 3 and 4, both of which we lost badly.

Finally, we learned that Tim needs a hair cut!

ChumpDumper
10-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Oh, and whottt will be glad to hear Barry isn't hesitating anymore.

ZStomp
10-10-2005, 09:32 PM
:lol I learned that it's only a preseason game and not to take it too seriously.

^^what she said

clooneyschick04
10-10-2005, 09:33 PM
How much I actually missed Spurs basketball this summer.

timvp
10-10-2005, 09:34 PM

I only saw one shot he should have taken that he passed on. That's down from his average of 8 or 9 a game last season.

Props.

:smokin

Marcus Bryant
10-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Didn't see too many upfakes from Mohammed either. Oh well, he'll be gone by February so it doesn't matter too much.

Mavs<Spurs
We still have no answer for Shaq.

Sharrod Ford will play in the league someday.

If his shot keeps falling, Sean Marks will be a rotation player.

How about you?

Hey, I wanted to compliment you on this topic! It's a good one!

ChumpDumper
Ford looks like an athletic Gerard King.Put 15 pounds on that guy and you'll have a poor man's Stromile Swift.
Melvin Sanders looks like Devin Brown without the offensive game.Or the rebounding, but the D wasn't bad at all.
Stan Van Gundy still takes preseason too seriously.He has to with Riles and the press looking over his shoulder.

Horry For 3!
10-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Oberto played very well while he was in. A lot better than Nazr & Rasho. If Oberto works on his defense more, he can very well be the starter. Nazr as just awful, fouling all the time.

Horry For 3!
10-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Melvin Sanders looks like Devin Brown without the offensive game.
Sanders did play defense pretty good, needs to work on his offensive game though.

Mavs<Spurs
10-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Oberto played very well while he was in. A lot better than Nazr & Rasho. If Oberto works on his defense more, he can very well be the starter. Nazr as just awful, fouling all the time.

That's true, but you have to remember that a lot of people get in foul trouble when they are trying to guard Shaq.

Kori Ellis
10-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Sanders did play defense pretty good, needs to work on his offensive game though.

If they keep him, it will be for D.

It's not like he has no O though - he had a 54 point game in the CBA last year.

FromWayDowntown
10-10-2005, 09:44 PM
It may have just been me, but it appeared that Beno played either with greater confidence or with a greater sense of purpose. Whatever, he was pretty solid for most of his minutes tonight.

I really liked the first quarter or so when the game kind of resembled a regular season game. The Spurs first group was good, but when Pop mixed in the bench, the Spurs played good offense and defense -- the front 8-9 on this team present options that the Spurs have never had before.

Rasho looks like he didn't get the message.

Ginofan
10-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Manu and Tim look freaking awesome.

Ford looks like he could be a good contributor

Fin and NVE look to fit in perfectly

Sean Marks, Brent Barry, and Beno Udrih alll look great

It was a really fun game for being preseason and I'm not even mad we lost which is really rare :lol

Horry For 3!
10-10-2005, 09:46 PM
If they keep him, it will be for D.

It's not like he has no O though - he had a 54 point game in the CBA last year.
Oh, alright. Well I guess he didn't shoot enough then.

Spurs16212
10-10-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't think that there is any team in the league that has an answer for Shaq. You just need to keep him on the outside. Sharrod Ford impressed me tonight. He grabbed rebounds and really hustled out there. I believe it will probably be Sharrod Ford and Melvin Sanders that make the roster.

The Spurs could have easily blown away the Heat but decided to go with the individuals trying to make the team and Sean Marks to go up against Alonzo Morning, Gary Payton, and Antoine Walker. The Spurs a very good job tonight and were very impressive in the first half.

td4mvp3
10-10-2005, 09:50 PM
that some of you do really funny color commentary

Kori Ellis
10-10-2005, 09:50 PM
It may have just been me, but it appeared that Beno played either with greater confidence or with a greater sense of purpose. Whatever, he was pretty solid for most of his minutes tonight.

He also looks like he lost some "baby fat":lol (I know that's not the right word but he looks in better shape.) He was definitely looking fresh and aggressive.

usckk
10-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Is it possible that Rasho is in the IR for Marks?

picnroll
10-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Duncan has improved his form on his FT and outside shot.
Beno is the best playmaking PG.
Rasho has regresed if that's possible.
Ford has the look of a keeper so far.

Horry For 3!
10-10-2005, 09:52 PM
He also looks like he lost some "baby fat":lol (I know that's not the right word but he looks in better shape.) He was definitely looking fresh and aggressive.
Maybe this summer helped him but I always thought he would be a lot better after last year.

FromWayDowntown
10-10-2005, 09:54 PM
I learned from the Heat announcers that teams can adjust their reserve lists on a game-by-game basis, rather than having to sit someone down for 5 games to activate another player. I didn't remember that being the case, but I can see that being very helpful to the Spurs in mixing and matching parts to address particular matchups.

Mr. Body
10-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Nazr has always been terrible against Shaq.

Beno is a player that makes things happen.

Miami is a team that takes great pride in playing Antoine Walker late against scrubs.

FromWayDowntown
10-10-2005, 09:56 PM

I noticed the same thing, but the mental side is almost more important to me. With his skills (which are definitely there), if Beno plays with more confidence, aggression, and mental toughness, he can be a real asset to this team.

CubanMustGo
10-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Walker can light up guys that will be lucky to make an NBDL roster!

Rasho, alas, is still Rasho. :(

Samr
10-10-2005, 09:57 PM
the front 8-9 on this team present options that the Spurs have never had before.

Rasho looks like he didn't get the message.

That is awsome.

We learned that either Marks or Oberto will be starting in a few months, and we learned that Nazr and Rasho are both expendable.

We learned that Beno took a hint from the playoffs and is playing like his career depends on it. Which is a good thing, because we learned that with Nick Van Exel playing like he did today, it does.

We learned that Manu lost absolutely nothing during the off-season, and that he has apparently worked on a nifty little floater with his left hand. We also learned that there will be absolutely zero debate when he appears on the All-Star team.

We learned that Duncan is no longer a hazard at the free-throw line and that, if the afore mentioned charity stripped proclivity is a direct result of his barbering techniques, he should keep the 'fro if the free-throws go.

Kori Ellis
10-10-2005, 09:59 PM
I learned from the Heat announcers that teams can adjust their reserve lists on a game-by-game basis, rather than having to sit someone down for 5 games to activate another player. I didn't remember that being the case, but I can see that being very helpful to the Spurs in mixing and matching parts to address particular matchups.

I was going to bring that up too. That's sweet if it's true, but I've never heard that until tonight either.

Brutalis
10-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Oberto's defense needs to adjust to NBA style, or just be better overall on defense. I havent picked one.

Duncan looks good enough to make a run for the MVP.

Parker didn't take any three's, I thought he was working on them? Hopefully it was just the circumstances.

Rasho has become a rash, infecting all those around him to either pick up his slack, or fall with him. (in the year two thousaaaaaaaand -conan obrian show)

Kori Ellis
10-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Parker didn't take any three's, I thought he was working on them? Hopefully it was just the circumstances.

Don't look for any major changes in Parker very soon. They are restructuring his whole shot. He's not just working on 3's.

spurs=bling
10-10-2005, 10:02 PM
that we are the Champs win or lose.

spurs_2108
10-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Have yall guys forgoten Parker? No one has mentioned him except Brutalis. I am shocked. How did he do. Not that great I suppose...

Kori Ellis
10-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Parker played fine .. something like 6 points, 4 boards, 4 assists in 20 minutes (I'm guessing). Nothing spectacular, nothing bad.

spurs_2108
10-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Well I was just checking to see if he was still on the team ;)

Samr
10-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Parker was just Parker. Nothing spectacularly great, nothing unrectifiably bad. I didn't see any major improvements nor did I see any great weakness.

This is by no means a bad thing- it'd be wrong to assume he didn't have a good game because we aren't talking about him- it's just because there are better stories out there.

Like freakin' MARKS BABY!!!!!

spurs_2108
10-10-2005, 10:09 PM
How was Marks?

FromWayDowntown
10-10-2005, 10:13 PM
I was going to bring that up too. That's sweet if it's true, but I've never heard that until tonight either.

I looked at the CBA itself and couldn't find anything to that effect. It's a really juicy idea, though -- like scratches in hockey or the inactive list in football. It obviously would affect only 1-2 roster spots on any given night, but that flexibility could be really important for guys who just need a night off or for nights that you have to, say, deal with Shaq.

ChumpDumper
10-10-2005, 10:13 PM
How was Marks?His shot was money from outside -- 4-5 including a three. Otherwise he was alot of hustle with few results.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Do yall think Barry taking the shot first and asking questions later is a good thing?

ChumpDumper
10-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Do yall think Barry taking the shot first and asking questions later is a good thing?Seeing as I bitched about it all last season, yes.

TheWriter
10-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Why are people ragging on Sander for not having O?

He was 0-0.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Yeah I like it too.

whottt
10-10-2005, 10:18 PM

I only saw one shot he should have taken that he passed on. That's down from his average of 8 or 9 a game last season.

Props.

:smokin

Great :tu ....glad you two think you have finally found something about Barry's game to appreciate.

Be sure ya'll don't rip a single player on the team for missing shots this year...I'll be watching.

TheWriter
10-10-2005, 10:21 PM
We'll probably have one of the best third units in the NBA.

Hell, our 4th unit nearly beat a mix of 2nd and 3rd unit players for the Heat.

ChumpDumper
10-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Oberto is closer to 6'8 than 6'10.Maybe 6'9"....depends on Tim's fro.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051011/capt.aaa10810110121.katrina_spurs_heat_aaa108.jpg

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Is it possible that Rasho is in the IR for Marks?
Man, there the Marks bandwagon is starting to fill up. It was just me and the New Zelanders for the longest time. :lol

LilMissSPURfect
10-10-2005, 10:33 PM
That its gonna be a HELLUVA season!

"Going4it!"

MI21
10-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Couple of questions for somebody who had no way of seeing the game :(

Did Parker take/make any jumpers from 15+ feet?

Was Van Exel spritely enough to get into the keyway?

Did Finley take/make any of his patented exaggerated jumpstop then rise above for the fadeaway jumpshot?

How was Oberto's awareness, any nice passes to cutters or anything?

Timmy make any bankshots, and did he D up Shaq any?

MannyIsGod
10-10-2005, 10:38 PM
In fact, the signature is brought back :)

http://www.basket-plus.com/Atina%202004/Atina2004-slike/Marks_vs_Tomasevic.jpg

gameFACE
10-10-2005, 10:38 PM
-Marks + Scrubs can hang with the Heats experienced veteran's
-Spurs scrub makes a mistake. Heat scrub wins the game.
-The more experienced rotation had an 18pt lead and lost it.
-The Spurs "almost All-White Team" got the lead back.
-Oberto, Finley and Van Exel should be fine.

Good game all in all. I hope to see these two teams in the '06 final with the Spurs in 6.

tempest186
10-10-2005, 10:39 PM
How did Graham do?

LilMissSPURfect
10-10-2005, 10:40 PM

Did Parker take/make any jumpers from 15+ feet?

Was Van Exel spritely enough to get into the keyway?

Did Finley take/make any of his patented exaggerated jumpstop then rise above for the fadeaway jumpshot?

How was Oberto's awareness, any nice passes to cutters or anything?

Timmy make any bankshots, and did he D up Shaq any?

Same SENSATIONAL spurs! Heat wil need to bring more than Walker to have an answer for timmy ........and all the FLASH was done by MANU!

NZHayden
10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
what have we learned today?
that when i'm not paying attention, marks seems to play well

TheWriter
10-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Marks has always been able to hit that 15-18 footer with ease.

Why are you people just now noticing it?

boutons
10-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Summer sucks, but is quickly forgotten.

Trolls suck, but are easily ignored.

Sense
10-10-2005, 11:16 PM
That the Spurs are scary.

Our 3rd string can compete with Miami's second.

TwoHandJam
10-10-2005, 11:25 PM
- Manu and Tim looked in midseason form. Parker played fine.
- Barry looked much more at ease. He plays great when he isn't tentative.
- Oberto showed flashes but needs to improve his rebounding and defense.
- Nazr is still missing rotations and is still foul prone.
- Finley and Nick are still adjusting but looked good. Horry is still clutch.
- Beno looked really nice out there, he played with aggression. Rasho sucked tonight.
- Ford looked very good. Sanders' defense was impressive.
-Jawad sucked.

Things that bugged me tonight:

-Spurs relaxed after toying with the Heat in the first half. Hope this doesn't become a trend because we'll have a big lead on most teams at the half this year.

- Sad to see the NBA still allows the home team to get very physical when the score is lopsided. Walker should have been called for at least 2 more fouls in the 3rd when mugging Tim was en vogue.

- SVG still has no shame in playing starters and NBA vets against our 3rd and 4th stringers.

Watching Walker tonight gave me a huge sense of deja-vu with respect to his stint in Dallas. The guy hasn't changed a bit. He'll start the season "guns blazing", taking way too many shots and will probably do well for the first ten games until his career .415 fg % catches up with him. Mix that in with his top ten ranking of FGA in the league and that spells trouble. Mark my words, it won't be long untill most of the Heat squad wants to throttle him.

conversekid
10-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Finley will learn the D; Pop's system is pretty straight forward.
Finley's midrange game and deadly jumper will give us the punch of the bench.

nick the quick gives us another deadly perimeter threat and a savvy ball handler.

Manu looks like he never quit playing after game 7 - that wrap around fake pass to duncan was sweet.

Duncan looked great - needs to shave the fro

Barry didn't look timid - I didn't scream for him to shoot once, because he was shooting.

Spurs first five and bench vs. Heat = 16 point lead.

Should be a fun season!

whottt
10-11-2005, 12:04 AM
1. That Spurs Fans hate Antoine Walker.

2. That Spurs Fans hate Brent Barry because he's not Antione Walker.

:wtf

Todays trivia question:

Which Spur lead the team in 3PA last season?(Hint: He averaged 21 mpg)

Extra credit if you can guess his career 3PT PCT,it's all time ranking, and conclude at kindergarten level how often coaches left him open, relative to our other shooters.

Leetonidas
10-11-2005, 12:05 AM
1. Ford is pretty good
2. Beno looks much better
3. NVE and Finley look good
4. I like Oberto's play
5. Sean Marks looked good
6. I lost my vBookie cash
7. Tim is Samson :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-11-2005, 12:09 AM
That I need to add an Oberto jersey order to my Finley jersey order.

milkyway21
10-11-2005, 12:14 AM
i learned that the game raises US$1.1m for charity.

and New Roleans are grateful.
then this one;
Following a timeout with 2.4 seconds left, Heat rookie Kevin Braswell hit a layup for the winning score.

"On the bench Shaq said, 'The ball's coming to you,'" Braswell said. "With all the people in the stands, it felt great."

As officials reviewed a TV replay to make sure Braswell beat the buzzer, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich urged them to let the basket stand.

"It was a great night," Popovich said. "It was a win-win for everybody. It was really great for the people who were so unfortunate during the hurricane."

nice move, Pops! :smokin

DieMrBond
10-11-2005, 12:44 AM
That living in Australia, it is really hard to watch and enjoy the sport of basketball - as their is simply NO coverage.

And that for one second, i was jealous i wasnt American. Then i got over it ;) (just kidding)

xcoriate
10-11-2005, 12:49 AM
^ :lol I hear ya.

Horry For 3!
10-11-2005, 12:51 AM
That I need to add an Oberto jersey order to my Finley jersey order.
Is there an Oberto jersey or do you have to get it customized?

MI21
10-11-2005, 12:53 AM
That living in Australia, it is really hard to watch and enjoy the sport of basketball - as their is simply NO coverage.

And that for one second, i was jealous i wasnt American. Then i got over it (just kidding)

:lol

Nice.

mavsfan1000
10-11-2005, 12:57 AM
That Bailey sucks

thispego
10-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Barry is to this year as
Barry is to what we thought he would be last year

jawad isnt ready, ford is

sanders plays good d

Rasho better be fuckin around

Tek_XX
10-11-2005, 01:10 AM
We learned that when the newbies get acclamated the Spurs are gonna be the shit.

PM5K
10-11-2005, 01:17 AM
I don't understand how so many people were impressed with Oberto, I was totally unimpressed with him.

Tim and Manu looked good, I wasn't too happy with Tim's turnovers but there was a lot of contact, he did well from the free throw line.

Brent, like Tim and Manu started right back where he left off in last years NBA Finals.

Beno looked really good, he played with a lot of energy and I was more impressed with him than I was with Tony Parker.

Nick seemed hesitant to do anything, but he won't be with time.

Mike looked like he was ready to go, he wasn't too aggressive but he didn't shy away from shots either.

Rasho and Nazr both played poorly while Marks played well, that's certainly going to be an interesting position to watch this year, but Marks didn't have to play against Shaq for what that's worth.

Ford looked good, the others weren't nearly as impressive.

T Park
10-11-2005, 01:39 AM
Was very impressed with Melvin Sanders.

Thought Nazr pushed Shaq out of his comfort zones and made him shoot jumpers, wich, is a good thing.

Van Ex and Finley will be fantastic.

Oberto looked, overrated.

Marks still looks like a combo of Brad Loahaus and Mark Madsen.

Brent Barry grew a pair over the summer.

Rasho is still watering his.

Solid D
10-11-2005, 01:47 AM

Did Parker take/make any jumpers from 15+ feet? Yes, he made at least one, a 17 footer in the 2nd. He missed one or two, also.
Was Van Exel spritely enough to get into the keyway? He didn't really get into the lane that much. He passed the ball to Rasho in the last 10 secs. of the 1st and Rasho airballed it. Nicky will probably shoot it next time. He did hit a three and stripped Payton at the end of the 1st qtr.

Did Finley take/make any of his patented exaggerated jumpstop then rise above for the fadeaway jumpshot? Yes, Finley made 2 rise-up jumpers late in the shotclock and one baseline high-arching turnaround fadeaway.

How was Oberto's awareness, any nice passes to cutters or anything? Yes, two nice passes to Tim, one was a hi-lo that Tim missed but got the reb. and putback bucket. Oberto flowed fairly naturally on his screens, although he did have a little trouble with what to do or where to cut when Timmy was posting up on the opposite side of the lane.

Timmy make any bankshots, and did he D up Shaq any? He made one but most of his shots were swishers from 15-18 feet. He did defend Shaq a few times but that job was mostly given to Nazr, Fabri and Rasho.

MI21
10-11-2005, 01:51 AM
As always, thank you Solid D.

PM5K
10-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Oberto looked, overrated.

Brent Barry grew a pair over the summer.

Rasho is still watering his.

QFMFT

T Park
10-11-2005, 02:05 AM
??? Q F M F T?

phyzik
10-11-2005, 03:12 AM
1. Oberto wasnt too impressive but to give him a break it WAS his first game against another NBA team.

2. Marks was great.

3. Ford was a helluva lot better then I thought he was.

4. Barry looked good and didnt look so "unsure" about his shots.

5. Heat team looked good but then again their 2nd team barely beat our 3rd team.

6. Rasho fouled out in like 3 min in the second half..... wtf was he doing?

gospursgojas
10-11-2005, 04:01 AM
Tim, and Manu are defenatly ready for this season

NVE and Finley will fit in sooner than later

Ford is pretty damn good

Beno looks better

Barry is shooting the ball without hesitation now

Rasho still sucks

10-tka
10-11-2005, 04:54 AM

6. Rasho fouled out in like 3 min in the second half..... wtf was he doing?

He just wanted to show that he can still play good basketball. He was trying to hard playing D as Pop wanted.

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 05:00 AM
I didnt watch the game or read every post in this thread, but I just want to put in my two cents. Its still just the preseason. Keep in mind that Milwaukee had an awesome preseason last year. :lol

gospursgojas
10-11-2005, 05:15 AM
I didnt watch the game or read every post in this thread, but I just want to put in my two cents. Its still just the preseason. Keep in mind that Milwaukee had an awesome preseason last year. :lol
Nobody is really making a big deal that they lost.... I mean Toine was killing in the 4th .....against the Spurs 4th string :lol Thats the big reason why the Heat caught up... But our starters killed the heat's....Spurs were up by like 18 when the scrubs (j/k) came in

PM5K
10-11-2005, 05:39 AM
1. Oberto wasnt too impressive but to give him a break it WAS his first game against another NBA team.

I agree, I didn't expect much out of him but many people here are acting like he did something and he didn't really do anything....

PM5K
10-11-2005, 05:40 AM
??? Q F M F T?

Quoted For Mother Fucking Truth

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 06:11 AM
Nobody is really making a big deal that they lost.... I mean Toine was killing in the 4th .....against the Spurs 4th string :lol Thats the big reason why the Heat caught up... But our starters killed the heat's....Spurs were up by like 18 when the scrubs (j/k) came in

I was talkin more about the people who were saying that Nazr is bad based on one preseason preformance.

gospursgojas
10-11-2005, 06:20 AM
I was talkin more about the people who were saying that Nazr is bad based on one preseason preformance.

Yeah its the first PRESEASON game, and an earlier that expected one at that... Dont listen to any negative that people tell you about the game, b.c the spurs looked damn ready for this season....except for Rasho :spin

1Parker1
10-11-2005, 07:47 AM
1. That Spurs Fans hate Antoine Walker.

2. That Spurs Fans hate Brent Barry because he's not Antione Walker.

:wtf

Todays trivia question:

Which Spur lead the team in 3PA last season?(Hint: He averaged 21 mpg)

Extra credit if you can guess his career 3PT PCT,it's all time ranking, and conclude at kindergarten level how often coaches left him open, relative to our other shooters.

:lmao I've learned that Whott has picked up right where he left off last season with the Barry defense....

BlueShark#6
10-11-2005, 08:07 AM
I learned that I really do not care for Antoine Walker too much

ObiwanGinobili
10-11-2005, 08:19 AM
I learned:

that 4 Spurs NBDL potentials and a Kiwi can more then hold thier own against Walker, 2 Allstars & 2 rookies from Miami.

thats Beno is more confident.

that timmy's badass fro is our 6th man.

if we can get rasho some hypno-therapy that convinces him he;s still in the Euro - he could dominate.

Ford is a go to guy. He;s got more then just "potential". i'd be surprised if he wasn't on someone's rooster soon.

Manu was just as good as he always is. excellent follow thru last night. The off season did him well.

Horry is called "big shot rob" ... not "3 pt rob". It's biologically impossible fro him to make a far out basket if nothing is "on the line". :lol

Oberto got me excited. I wasn't nervious with him on the floor at all. (and the poor guy was guarding snaq!) I'm looking forward to him this season!!!

Stan van Pudgy must've put $$ on this game.

and last but not least:
I learned that God has somethign against the ankles on this team. :depressed

1Parker1
10-11-2005, 08:25 AM
that timmy's badass fro is our 6th man.

if we can get rasho some hypno-therapy that convinces him he;s still in the Euro - he could dominate.

I learned that God has somethign against the ankles on this team.

:lol All very true. Although I think Tim looks a little dirty with that Fro. I don't really like it with the beard...

ObiwanGinobili
10-11-2005, 08:26 AM
:lol All very true. Although I think Tim looks a little dirty with that Fro. I don't really like it with the beard...

well I don;t think the beard is here to stay.. I'm sure his wife will make him shave it .. if you know what I mean :angel
:lol

boutons
10-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Tim's hair and the beard add some years and gravity to his habitual attitudelessly innocent, bemused face. Keep them both. Secondarily, he also plays pretty good basketball. :)

pache100
10-11-2005, 08:48 AM
I learned that I'm really glad we don't have that announcer for SunSports as a regular...who could listen to that "SSHHHAN ANTONIO SHPOORS!" crap all season long? I'll take Bill Land and Sean Elliott over that guy any day. Heck, I'd even take Dick Stockton over that guy.

Rick Von Braun
10-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Maybe 6'9"....depends on Tim's fro.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051011/capt.aaa10810110121.katrina_spurs_heat_aaa108.jpg Could someone confirm that Timmy is actually 6'11"?

When I saw them on TV standing right next to each other, I thought that Oberto was ~1 inch shorter (even considering Timmy's fro).

There is less than 1 inch difference from the height of their shoulders.

smeagol
10-11-2005, 09:18 AM

And that for one second, i was jealous i wasnt American. Then i got over it ;) (just kidding)
Dude, I'm in NYC and could not watch the game either. I have 300+ channels and all of them were showing rubbish.

ploto
10-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Despite people's claims to the contrary, an entire summer of work and an intense week of training camp has not made Nazr understand or execute the Spur's defensive plan any better.

Finley can shoot the ball- for those who forgot.

For all of Tony's crap talk about Beno lately, Beno was the point guard when the Spurs got the lead back while Tony was the one turning the ball over in the second half. :lol

Oberto is- as I have said- a forward in the NBA. Even Ludden called him one in his article today.

DesiSpur_21
10-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Dude, I'm in NYC and could not watch the game either. I have 300+ channels and all of them were showing rubbish.

That doesn't still make us (overseas fans) feel any better
:lol :lol

sa_butta
10-11-2005, 10:01 AM
1.That Antoine Walker changing teams does not change his game. He is still a ball hog. He took the most shots of anyone on either team.
2.White Chocolate has melted away.
3.Spurs can still beat the Heat.
4.Ginobili never ceases to amaze.
5.Spurs hoist trophy in 06

MiNuS
10-11-2005, 10:38 AM
what I learned last night is that FSN SW in my area DID NOT CARRY the GAME!!!!!!!!
They carried HS Football instead!

I ended up hearing a VERY bad signal on the radio and mostly reading about it online.I
saw the Yankees lose and that was good enough for me.

nkdlunch
10-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Spurs 3rd team has a good chance of beating Heat 2nd team.

TDMVPDPOY
10-11-2005, 11:39 AM
what i learnt today is that we will be liftin up the championship trophy end of teh season again

Doc Jerome
10-11-2005, 12:26 PM
:rolleyes
1) Because I live in Jersey, I had better get some kind of NBA package to see this team play; I have a feeling this season will be special.

2) The Spurs gave notice to the rest of the League; Every game can be a blowout if you do not bring your "A Game".

3) Ford and Sanders really want it.

4) Looks like everyone guarding TD studied tape of the Finals and figures to attack him by attempting to steal the ball ala Ben and Sheed. Walker tried to do the same. If that becomes a trend and refs don't make calls, TD will have to adjust.

boutons
10-11-2005, 12:35 PM
"studied tape of the Finals and figures to attack him by attempting to steal the ball ala
Ben and Sheed"

was same tactic used by Malone in the 2004 playoffs 2nd round.

ShoogarBear
10-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Okay, I finally have to ask: boutons, are you allergic to the "Quote" button?

boutons
10-11-2005, 12:58 PM
yes.

smeagol
10-11-2005, 01:21 PM
He told me to fuck myself when I asked the same question :lol

boutons
10-11-2005, 01:24 PM
'fuck myself"

if you find your question, you will see if deserved my response.

anyway, WGAFF?

ShoogarBear
10-11-2005, 01:44 PM
We are concerned. You realize that everyone only has a certain number of keystrokes per finger before the joint wears out completely. Using the Quote button will let you have more lifetime posts.

SpursWoman
10-11-2005, 02:42 PM
We are concerned. You realize that everyone only has a certain number of keystrokes per finger before the joint wears out completely. Using the Quote button will let you have more lifetime posts.

That's exactly why I post a lot of ":lol" ":lmao" , ":fro" 's etc. To save my joints.

:)

Marklar MM
10-11-2005, 02:48 PM

Lies. Pure lies.

ShoogarBear
10-11-2005, 02:59 PM
whottt and Jim will be typing with their toes within five years.

ShoogarBear
10-11-2005, 03:00 PM
To save my joints.

mouse to enter in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1

1Parker1
10-11-2005, 03:15 PM

:lol...speaking from experience Old Man?

Solid D
10-11-2005, 04:50 PM

I too have wondered this boutons. All this time, I just thought you didn't know how or were just trying to be different. No big deal to me. I just look at it as you not living up to your true potential. :smokin

Slomo
10-11-2005, 05:21 PM
I too have wondered this boutons. All this time, I just thought you didn't know how or were just trying to be different. No big deal to me. I just look at it as you not living up to your true potential. :smokin
boutons=Rasho? :lol

angel_luv
10-11-2005, 06:40 PM
boutons=Rasho? :lol

:wow For shame, Slomo! :nope ;)

Maybe they both just had a bad day. :lol

E20
10-11-2005, 06:42 PM
I wonder if Nazr was fasting or was it night time when the game was held?

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 06:45 PM
I wonder if Nazr was fasting or was it night time when the game was held?

It doesnt matter when the game is held. Fasting will affect someone regardless (I speak from experience). Its a change for your body. I am not worried, I expect him to do just fine this year.

Is it Ramadan(sp?) already?

E20
10-11-2005, 06:46 PM
It started on the 5th I think. They made an announcement in school like the first week of October.

spurschick
10-11-2005, 06:58 PM
It is Ramadan - a guy at work is fasting from sunrise to sunset. I don't know how he doesn't drink any water all day long.

E20
10-11-2005, 07:09 PM
No gatorade or water for Nazr? Practices must be hard for him then.

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 07:34 PM
It is Ramadan - a guy at work is fasting from sunrise to sunset. I don't know how he doesn't drink any water all day long.

You cant drink water either?

Wow!

spurschick
10-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Nothing to eat or drink from sunrise to sunset. Luckily, it ends Nov. 5, so it shouldn't affect him during the regular season.

Rick Von Braun
10-11-2005, 08:12 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif Nice...

ShoogarBear
10-11-2005, 10:17 PM

The only joint I really care about works just fine, thank you.