PDA

View Full Version : Athletes / Celebrities making their opinions public

tmtcsc
02-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I would have thought athletes and celebrities would educate themselves before speaking their minds publicly - especially because it could hurt their "brand". Hearing them spew fear-mongering rhetoric or just parroting what they hear on the news is just sad. I can understand when the regular public does it, they likely don't have anything to lose financially by sharing their misguided and uneducated opinions. But celebrities and athletes? They risk looking stupid and losing sponsorship and endorsements.

Relying solely on the media to educate one's self is a recipe for failure. The media has lost credibility as objective news sources and any reliance on them to foster one's opinions is foolhardy. The lack of objectivity and the inclusion of so much spin from print media and television is sickening.

The latest victim to show their ignorance? Russel Wilson. I'm no Donald Trump fan - as I think he lacks diplomacy and has all the tact of a jackal. But I have no problem with his TEMPORARY order to restrict access of refugees coming from terrorist hotbeds. I also have no trouble believing that the current system of vetting refugees is flawed. The restrictions will last 120 days. It is not indefinite. It is being done to make sure the vetting system on our side, as well as the information we receive from refugee host countries is accurate and complete.

Undoubtedly, the Executive Order could and should have been implemented better. But to call it a "Muslim Ban" or "Racist" is ridiculous. The seven countries first listed by the Obama administration are notorious for Anti-American sentiment and radical extremism. I am flabbergasted that Saudi Arabia wasn't on the list but perhaps they are now sharing information with us regarding threats.

Meh, I had to vent.

boutons_deux
02-01-2017, 12:06 PM
"athletes and celebrities would educate themselves before speaking their minds publicly"

:lol Who else does that? :lol

boutons_deux
02-01-2017, 12:10 PM
yes, it's all Obama's fault, who forced Trash (Bannon, Miller, really) to implement a MUSLIM ban because Obama's 7 countries have attacked USA so successfully.

All of those countries are occupied and watched by Africom and Black Ops.

diego
02-01-2017, 12:22 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I would have thought athletes and celebrities would educate themselves before speaking their minds publicly - especially because it could hurt their "brand". Hearing them spew fear-mongering rhetoric or just parroting what they hear on the news is just sad. I can understand when the regular public does it, they likely don't have anything to lose financially by sharing their misguided and uneducated opinions. But celebrities and athletes? They risk looking stupid and losing sponsorship and endorsements.

Allowing the media to educate one's self is a recipe for failure. The media has lost credibility as objective news sources and any reliance on them to foster one's opinions is foolhardy. The lack of objectivity and the inclusion of so much spin from print media and television is sickening.

The latest victim to show their ignorance? Russel Wilson. I'm no Donald Trump fan - as I think he lacks diplomacy and has all the tact of a jackal. But I have no problem with his TEMPORARY order to restrict access of refugees coming from terrorist hotbeds. I also have no trouble believing that the current system of vetting refugees is flawed. The restrictions will last 120 days. It is not indefinite. It is being done to make sure the vetting system on our side, as well as the information we receive from refugee host countries is accurate and complete.

Undoubtedly, the Executive Order could and should have been implemented better. But to call it a "Muslim Ban" or "Racist" is ridiculous. The seven countries first listed by the Obama administration are notorious for Anti-American sentiment and radical extremism. I am flabbergasted that Saudi Arabia wasn't on the list but perhaps they are now sharing information with us regarding threats.

Meh, I had to vent.

So basically, you are immune to media spin and disinformation unlike those you disagree with, celebs should be more PC because money is more important than ideals and principles, and you feel safer because citizens of countries whose governments employ anti American rhetoric shouldn't be allowed in your country despite not having committed any crime or offense towards the US personally.

DarrinS
02-01-2017, 12:27 PM
The US sold something like 200 billion in weapons to Saudi Arabia and Qatar during the Obama years, so I'm not surprised that they aren't on the list.

hater
02-01-2017, 12:31 PM
The US sold something like 200 billion in weapons to Saudi Arabia and Qatar during the Obama years, so I'm not surprised that they aren't on the list.

They also basically sponsored the Clinton Campaign

DarrinS
02-01-2017, 12:35 PM
They also basically sponsored the Clinton Campaign

There's a reason for that. :lol

Dirk Oneanddoneski
02-01-2017, 12:36 PM
shouldn't be allowed in your country despite not having committed any crime or offense towards the US personally.

There were 2 terrorist attacks by somalians in the past year alone

spurraider21
02-01-2017, 12:45 PM
1) complain about celebrities getting involved in politics
2) vote for donald trump and idolize Ronald Reagan

Lol

DarrinS
02-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Celebrities are so diverse in their political opinions, tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb51PtIT5tM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw

DarrinS
02-01-2017, 12:51 PM

Lol

You forgot Al Franken and Jesse Ventura :lol

spurraider21
02-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Celebrities are so diverse in their political opinions, tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb51PtIT5tM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw
you have Scott Baio

baseline bum
02-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Didn't Trump call it a muslim ban? If it was me I'd have only applied the ban to Syrians since that's where the refugee problem is coming from. And I do think denying entry is valid there, as it's the only way to keep them from being able to claim asylum, which would push them to the end of a queue of cases that will take 5+ years to get to.

DarrinS
02-01-2017, 01:03 PM
Didn't Trump call it a muslim ban? If it was me I'd have only applied the ban to Syrians since that's where the refugee problem is coming from. And I do think denying entry is valid there, as it's the only way to keep them from being able to claim asylum, which would push them to the end of a queue of cases that will take 5+ years to get to.

Yeah, he did call it that during the campaign. I guess we can refer to "the wall" as the Catholic blocker.

baseline bum
02-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Yeah, he did call it that during the campaign. I guess we can refer to "the wall" as the Catholic blocker.

Did he ever say he was trying to ban catholics?

UNT Eagles 2016
02-01-2017, 01:19 PM
yes, it's all Obama's fault, who forced Trash (Bannon, Miller, really) to implement a MUSLIM ban because Obama's 7 countries have attacked USA so successfully.

All of those countries are occupied and watched by Africom and Black Ops.

:cry #stillasshurt

UNT Eagles 2016
02-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Did he ever say he was trying to ban catholics?

You obviously missed the point of Darren's post.

Sportcamper
02-01-2017, 01:42 PM
There is no escaping from it any more…IMO The golden globes was the last show about entertainment & fun…Open bar, a lot of folks under the influence…Hotties showing off their tanned breastices…This year was a disaster with all of the political non sense. The academy awards will be worse. I will watch to root for Mel Gibson & Editing & Sound awards. But I know that it will be painful…

DMC
02-01-2017, 05:06 PM
The problem isn't that they speak out publicly but that anyone gives a fuck.

tmtcsc
02-01-2017, 06:00 PM
So basically,

1. you are immune to media spin and disinformation unlike those you disagree with,

Yes, because I pretty much question everything and don't follow sound bites like a sheep.

celebs should be more PC because money is more important than ideals and principles,

No. Celebs & athletes (like all of us) should educate themselves with facts and not someone else's spin or agenda. Being passionate about your beliefs and ideals is great but losing $$ because you've been misinformed is sad. If you want to comment on an Executive Order, read it first and base your opinion on it, not what someone else "thinks". You risk looking stupid if you don't.

and you feel safer because citizens of countries whose governments employ anti American rhetoric shouldn't be allowed in your country despite not having committed any crime or offense towards the US personally.

Name one crime the 9/11 hijackers personally committed against the United States before killing nearly 3000 people and wounding another 6000? Most of those foreign born terrorists took advantage of a flawed Visa system while two of them actually over-stayed their permitted time. Post 9/11, improvements were made to the vetting and monitoring of Visas - leading analysts to believe foreign born terrorists will next try to exploit the refugee entry system. So....yeah, I feel safer knowing that they are going to address the weaknesses in the vetting of refugees.

As far as anti-American rhetoric from the following governments: Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Libya and Somalia - Only Syria and Iran has raised much noise publicly. The others are considered allies or are in such bad shape, their governments aren't in a position to spout propaganda.

The seven countries named in the Executive Order have voiced their disapproval of being listed as sources of terrorists. Duly noted. I can live with that. Perhaps we should let the Obama administration (who came up with the list) write a letter of apology.

SnakeBoy
02-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Deep thoughts from Whoopi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH-83PIUsHY

DontStopBelieving
02-01-2017, 07:46 PM
I'm curious as to what exactly has led you to believe that our vetting system was flawed considering that no American has died at the hands of refugees from any of these 7 countries in decades.

If you can link me to something, that would be great.. not saying you're wrong, just would love some evidence

tmtcsc
02-01-2017, 09:08 PM
I'm curious as to what exactly has led you to believe that our vetting system was flawed considering that no American has died at the hands of refugees from any of these 7 countries in decades.

If you can link me to something, that would be great.. not saying you're wrong, just would love some evidence

Going back to the Obama administration, there were hearings regarding the refugee crisis - specifically concerning Syria. The main flaws are that querying our databases only works if we have accurate refugee information from their original countries. In Syria, we don't have very good diplomatic relations or intelligence gathering, so how do we get accurate information on the individuals trying to get in? Improvements have been ongoing but they aren't perfect.

What alternatives does our government have to deal with these situations? I don't know. I hope smarter people than me are figuring out ways to accurately check a refugee's story. Perhaps if background checks are not complete, the government is working on ways to make sure we can track individuals who might pose a threat.

Two or three of the 9/11 hijackers actually had red-flags (record of religious fanaticism or extremism) attached to their profiles but they were still allowed
in. Once they were in, they were allowed to roam free without much monitoring. They embedded themselves in our country, came in on Student visas but never attended classes, etc.. I believe the government wants to ensure we have better ways of tracking these folks.

Here's a quick clip of the FBI director addressing the security committee last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93hud8EVpDU&feature=youtu.be

DarrinS
02-01-2017, 09:17 PM
We should just use Europe's immigration policy. What could go wrong?

Mitch
02-01-2017, 09:27 PM
We should just use Europe's immigration policy. What could go wrong?

It'll create plenty of jobs, like security crews for fucking pools :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZXVetgTH34

ElNono
02-01-2017, 09:42 PM
In a nutshell, they should speak thinking with their pockets first instead of being genuine and speaking their minds?

I think for the most part they're grown ups and can make that decision by themselves. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion and expressing it, no matter how much anybody else disagrees.

ElNono
02-01-2017, 09:44 PM
I tell you though, as far as refugees, it's much better to simply deny them visas and entry than doing what was done to the Japs with the internment camps, etc.

Mark Celibate
02-02-2017, 08:05 AM

Pretty much. These guys can do whatever they want, the problem is that it's a celebrity culture in America and everyone tunes in whenever these celebrities do as much as take a shit. I stopped giving a fuck years ago when I realized that these "Sports Analysts" on TV like Screaming A, Cowherd, etc all of a sudden decided that they were experts in EVERY field when they would veer off into politics debate. These guys have to make a living so every week they pick a random topic and start pulling stuff out of their buttcheeks.

I think the last show I ever listened to was Cowherd debating whether or not Rush belonged in the Rock and Roll HOF. He clearly had no idea what he was talking about and was just throwing shit on the wall in order to see what stuck.

diego
02-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Yes, because I pretty much question everything and don't follow sound bites like a sheep.

No. Celebs & athletes (like all of us) should educate themselves with facts and not someone else's spin or agenda. Being passionate about your beliefs and ideals is great but losing $$ because you've been misinformed is sad. If you want to comment on an Executive Order, read it first and base your opinion on it, not what someone else "thinks". You risk looking stupid if you don't.

Name one crime the 9/11 hijackers personally committed against the United States before killing nearly 3000 people and wounding another 6000? Most of those foreign born terrorists took advantage of a flawed Visa system while two of them actually over-stayed their permitted time. Post 9/11, improvements were made to the vetting and monitoring of Visas - leading analysts to believe foreign born terrorists will next try to exploit the refugee entry system. So....yeah, I feel safer knowing that they are going to address the weaknesses in the vetting of refugees.

As far as anti-American rhetoric from the following governments: Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Libya and Somalia - Only Syria and Iran has raised much noise publicly. The others are considered allies or are in such bad shape, their governments aren't in a position to spout propaganda.

The seven countries named in the Executive Order have voiced their disapproval of being listed as sources of terrorists. Duly noted. I can live with that. Perhaps we should let the Obama administration (who came up with the list) write a letter of apology.

So you're the only one who questions everything? So special, such a pity that youre talent is wasted on spurstalk

Worried about people looking stupid? Unfortunately you have a lot of work ahead of you. People have the right to look stupid, just as you have the right to laugh at them, help them, or go on with your life. People have made careers out of looking stupid but somehow I doubt you were this upset over your average reality TV show "star" career

You do know the patriot act was passed after 9/11 and things are no longer done the same way? In fact you are proving my point for me, having all the laws on the world won't make you safer if they aren't properly enforced, the 9/11 guys should have been caught by the old system, nevermind afterwards with dhs and the patriot act. Still you are willing to punish people for being born in the same country as a criminal or believing in the same God as a criminal, before they've personally done anything wrong, a true defender of the Constitution and justice you are. Funny though that is the same logic terrorists use to justify attacking innocents.

boutons_deux
02-02-2017, 08:16 AM

With Trash's election, and You People being positive about Pootin and Russia, it very clear that people are crazily suggestible, can be influenced, so obviously, even if they don't give a fuck or just a tiny fuck, they, and You People, are suckers for propaganda, fake news, and celebs, like Trash.

Having been totally conned by Trash, You People are trying to normalize him, while everyday he's proving to everybody else he is, and always has been, totally ABnormal, mentally disordered, even a malignant narcissist.

tmtcsc
02-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Worried about people looking stupid?

1. No, I'm not worried about people looking stupid. I'm just surprised at the ones who share their uninformed ignorance on a larger scale. This isn't about people who disagree with me, its about people who don't want or don't take the time to understand what the facts are.

People have made careers out of looking stupid but somehow I doubt you were this upset over your average reality TV show "star" career

2. You are making wild assumptions about me. I think more than Obama being the first minority elected President, Trump has shown that ANYBODY can become President. I didn't vote for him, in fact, I didn't vote at all out of my personal protest of the 2 party system. I think both candidates sucked and I didn't feel like wasting my time writing in some name that wasn't going to win. I think Trump's persona is reprehensible, he's an egomaniac and his temperament is troubling. His method of negotiating is to bully and intimidate from a position of leverage. There's a real danger of alienating our allies by acting this way and provoking our enemies. However, in no way would I have preferred Hillary to be President. I am thrilled she lost.

You do know the patriot act was passed after 9/11 and things are no longer done the same way? In fact you are proving my point for me, having all the laws on the world won't make you safer if they aren't properly enforced, the 9/11 guys should have been caught by the old system, nevermind afterwards with dhs and the patriot act.

Your comments are really making my point. Trump issued a TEMPORARY Executive Order, he didn't come up with a new law banning people based on their race or religious beliefs. That's complete spin by both media and disgruntled people or groups who hate that Donald Trump was voted President.

Still you are willing to punish people for being born in the same country as a criminal or believing in the same God as a criminal, before they've personally done anything wrong, a true defender of the Constitution and justice you are. Funny though that is the same logic terrorists use to justify attacking innocents.

Punished or inconvenienced? Was anybody put in jail or fined? Ramzi bin al-Shibh one of the 9/11 facilitators who attempted to be part of the plot to blow up American planes was denied a Visa 4 times. He wasn't denied because the government had information linking him to terrorists, he was denied because he came from Yemen - a country that was in poor economic shape. The US government felt that he was a risk to over-stay his tourist or student visa. This kind of thing happens all the time. Was Ramzi punished? He was certainly pissed he couldn't get in. It's the government's responsibility to protect us from terrorism and to control illegal immigration. If people want to come to our country they are going to have to deal with situations that may inconvenience them. If they don't like it, they can stay where they are.

You never answered my previous question. What crimes did the 9/11 terrorists "personally" commit before blowing up 4 airplanes and killing nearly 3000 people? What crimes did the people who provided financial support for them "personally" commit against the United States? Do you have an answer or are you content to look at things simplistically?

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Athletes and celebs are fully entitled to give their opinions, tbh..why wouldn't they? Most of them have millions of followers on social media, they can easily convey their message and influence and push any agenda they please, who wouldn't take advantage of such power?

If you're influenced by celebs or get triggered by their opinion, that speaks more about you than them, tbh:lol..it isn't difficult to ignore a video or change the website..

tmtcsc
02-02-2017, 09:14 PM
Athletes and celebs are fully entitled to give their opinions, tbh..why wouldn't they? Most of them have millions of followers on social media, they can easily convey their message and influence and push any agenda they please, who wouldn't take advantage of such power?

If you're influenced by celebs or get triggered by their opinion, that speaks more about you than them, tbh:lol..it isn't difficult to ignore a video or change the website..

Lol, this thread is a perfect example of how people read what they want to read, hear what they want to hear, and believe what they want to believe. The very first line of this thread reads: "Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I would have thought athletes and celebrities would educate themselves before speaking their minds publicly ". My point was never that they weren't entitled to their opinions, nor should they NOT voice them publicly. Only that I was surprised that they don't do so without educating themselves first.

Unless you were making a generalized statement and not directing your comments at me, then you would also realize that not only am I not influenced by what a celebrity or athlete believes, I rarely believe what so-called experts say on the news. That goes for spinsters, talking-heads whose purpose is to incite conflict OR politicians that tow the party line.

Spurminator
02-02-2017, 09:24 PM
The very first line of this thread reads: "Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I would have thought athletes and celebrities would educate themselves before speaking their minds publicly ". My point was never that they weren't entitled to their opinions, nor should they NOT voice them publicly. Only that I was surprised that they don't do so without educating themselves first.

You followed up this opinion with a semantic argument about the Trump immigration EO and a dubious connection to Obama pulled straight out of right wing garbage sites.

Basically what you said is "They need to educate themselves from the sources where I get my opinions." Or, better yet, "They should read Drudge first."

tmtcsc
02-02-2017, 10:01 PM
You followed up this opinion with a semantic argument about the Trump immigration EO and a dubious connection to Obama pulled straight out of right wing garbage sites.

Basically what you said is "They need to educate themselves from the sources where I get my opinions." Or, better yet, "They should read Drudge first."

This is perfect. In order to read the EO, I googled the following: "Executive Order temporary ban". The first link to have the EO in its entirety was one from CNN. Word for Word - the Executive Order - not some political hack's opinion, the actual EO.

As far as I'm concerned, Drudge is as much a slanted, right wing website as Foxnews.com - filled with what neocons and Right Wingers hope readers will believe.

What semantic argument are you saying I made? Spell it out. You won't and you cant because you're just another uneducated, ignoramus who chooses to read what they want to read. You saw what I clearly wrote and then said I meant the following: "They need to educate themselves from the sources where I get my opinions." Or, better yet, "They should read Drudge first."

I never said any of that. I literally wrote "Relying solely on the media to educate one's self is a recipe for failure. The media has lost credibility as objective news sources and any reliance on them to foster one's opinions is foolhardy. The lack of objectivity and the inclusion of so much spin from print media and television is sickening."

I never named a channel or a newspaper. You made all that shit up about me because you're one of the sheep who believes what you're told by <Insert the news channel, celebrity, athlete, website or newspaper of your choice> who GIVES YOU your opinion. Hell, for all I know you rely on Pop's opinion to form your own. Grow the fuck up and become you're own person and don't come back at me with your weak-ass nonsense. Got me all pissed off over here.

Spurminator
02-02-2017, 10:19 PM
What semantic argument are you saying I made? Spell it out. You won't and you cant because you're just another uneducated, ignoranums who reads what they want to read.

You read what I clearly wrote and then said I meant the following: "They need to educate themselves from the sources where I get my opinions." Or, better yet, "They should read Drudge first."

I never said any of that. I literally wrote "Relying solely on the media to educate one's self is a recipe for failure. The media has lost credibility as objective news sources and any reliance on them to foster one's opinions is foolhardy. The lack of objectivity and the inclusion of so much spin from print media and television is sickening."

I never named a channel or a newspaper. You made all that shit up about me because you're one of the sheep who believes what you're told by <Insert the news channel, website or newspaper of your choice> who GIVES YOU your opinion. Hell, for all I know you rely on Pop's opinion to form your own. Grow the fuck up and become you're own person and don't come back at me with your weak-ass nonsense. Got me all pissed off over here.

I read the EO too. It's a selective Muslim ban.

I'm sorry if I made assumptions about your sources. It's just your whole rant sounded pretty classic right-wing-newsy, from the excessive attention to celebrity comments to the blanket distrust of all "Media." Following with the whole "it's not really a Muslim ban oh and by the way, Obama named these countries first" talking points that we've all heard the past few days, you can understand why I might assume you were another Drudge parrot.

I'm glad you're not, and I appreciate you doing your own due diligence even if I disagree with your conclusions.

DarrinS
02-02-2017, 10:26 PM

Nope. Try again.

Spurminator
02-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Nope. Try again.

No thanks, I already know your only argument is the part about religious minorities facing persecution. Which is basically what makes it a ban with a religious test. Trump himself said Christians would be prioritized. If you have more to add, feel free to do it in the other thread where you left the discussion.

In the meantime, let me know when we make an exception for a Sunni or a Shia being persecuted by the other. Or for that matter, a Yazidi.

spurraider21
02-02-2017, 10:42 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzxiyu8Btb1qj3i85.gif

tmtcsc
02-02-2017, 11:03 PM

I'm sorry if I made assumptions about your sources. It's just your whole rant sounded pretty classic right-wing-newsy, from the excessive attention to celebrity comments to the blanket distrust of all "Media." Following with the whole "it's not really a Muslim ban oh and by the way, Obama named these countries first" talking points that we've all heard the past few days, you can understand why I might assume you were another Drudge parrot.

I'm glad you're not, and I appreciate you doing your own due diligence even if I disagree with your conclusions.

Thanks, and I appreciate your apology. Sorry for the name-calling. This stuff can get emotional. My hope was that the administration would have reviewed our Visa Waiver program first. The program allows residents of 38 different countries to enter the United States without a Visa or undergoing the same stringent vetting process as refugees or Visa applicants. Obama and Congress tried to address some of the security gaps but it wasn't enough.

The biggest flaw is that they didn't issue any timelines for these partner countries to share terrorist intelligence or criminal activity with us of their citizens trying to enter the United States. Without this information, we are at serious risk of letting a potential terrorist enter - one that could have easily been detected.

Trump's Executive Order addressing refugees gives me some hope:

Trump gave Homeland Security, the Secretary of State and Director of National Intelligence, 30 days to review the 7 countries listed in the E.O. (Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Libya, Ethiopia & Somalia) and give hm a report on which governments of those countries are not giving us the information we have requested of their refugees.

After they give Trump said report, the administration will then give any country not in compliance, 60 days to provide the information requested.

Homeland Security, SOS and DNI will then supply Trump with a list of the countries who complied within the 60 days. If I understand correctly, those who do will have the temporary ban lifted and those who don't will most likely remained banned.

Perhaps the Trump administration will address the Visa Waiver Program next and apply similar timelines. I see his Refugee E.O. as more of an audit of security measures - which is what Trump should have sold it as - and done so with tact. But....he doesn't give a shit about diplomacy and tries to come off as a hard-ass.

tmtcsc
02-03-2017, 01:15 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzxiyu8Btb1qj3i85.gif

Dude, your reaction is wrong and way behind. C'mon man, read up and keep up.

spurraider21
02-03-2017, 01:24 AM
Dude, your reaction is wrong and way behind. C'mon man, read up and keep up.

Lol

z0sa
02-03-2017, 03:56 AM
God forbid people practice their right to freedom of speech

tmtcsc
02-03-2017, 01:30 PM

Where and when did I complain about celebs / athletes making their opinions public?

Where did I say I voted for Donald Trump or idolize Reagan?

Lol, Fake News in your post. Read before you type.

tmtcsc
02-03-2017, 01:32 PM
God forbid people practice their right to freedom of speech

Who said they shouldn't? Please provide quote of text of me writing they shouldn't give their opinions.

spurraider21
02-03-2017, 01:33 PM
So my posts are news? :lol

Clipper Nation
02-03-2017, 01:56 PM
At least Trump and Reagan ran for political office. They had the resources and name recognition, and they used them to do something about their complaints. Most of these celebrities just want to virtue-signal and whine without lifting a finger to change anything.

Likewise, I disagree with Al Franken's political views, but I respect his involvement in politics far more than Sarah Silverman's Twitter meltdowns, Poop's press conference rants, or Alec Baldwin's quadrennial threats to move to Canada.

spurraider21
02-03-2017, 02:22 PM
At least Trump and Reagan ran for political office. They had the resources and name recognition, and they used them to do something about their complaints. Most of these celebrities just want to virtue-signal and whine without lifting a finger to change anything.

Likewise, I disagree with Al Franken's political views, but I respect his involvement in politics far more than Sarah Silverman's Twitter meltdowns, Poop's press conference rants, or Alec Baldwin's quadrennial threats to move to Canada.
Sure, but not everybody with a political opinion needs to run for office. In fact, people gravitated to Trump BECAUSE he hadn't been involved in politics and governing, but now suddenly being in government is an admirable trait?

Thread
02-03-2017, 02:36 PM

CN

tmtcsc
02-03-2017, 08:59 PM
So my posts are news? :lol

Your posts are alternative facts to what I wrote. Yes - Fake News.

z0sa
02-03-2017, 11:21 PM

Reagan dude?

Top quality trolling. But what do you get out of it?

DMX7
02-04-2017, 12:50 AM
I pray to God that Lady Gaga goes nuclear on Trump at the Super Bowl.

Thread
02-04-2017, 12:52 AM
I pray to God that Lady Gaga goes nuclear on Trump at the Super Bowl.

& immediately thereafter get a fucking nose job. I'm sick of it!

Splits
02-10-2017, 12:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4Uk-tIWYAABsBH.jpg

:lol these snowflakes need their :cry safe spaces :cry

Spurminator
02-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Maybe they should stop watching Fox News' wall-to-wall coverage of every political opinion offered by any celebrity if it triggers them so much.

boutons_deux
02-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Repugs really don't give a shit about the Constitution

They don't understand anything but the 2nd Amendment and weaponized 1st (BigCorp is people and their money is protected "speech"),

and they are paid by BigGun to "understand", pervert the 2nd ALL WRONG.

Thread
02-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Repugs really don't give a shit about the Constitution, if they don't understand anything but the 2nd Amendment, but they "understand" the 2nd ALL WRONG.

If you're talking about the guns, you ain't ever gonna get 'em. No fuckin' way, daddy. You're pissin' in the wind.

No.