PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: end of the jm buss era

RsxPiimp
02-02-2017, 04:36 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers announced that Earvin "Magic" Johnson will return to the Lakers to assist Jeanie Buss in all areas of basketball and business as an advisor.

"We are thrilled and honored to add Magic's expertise and abilities, and I look forward to working alongside him." said Lakers Governor Jeanie Buss.

"Magic Johnson is one of the NBA's greatest players and it is terrific to see him returning to the Lakers," said NBA Commissioner Adam Silver. "He is a truly special person and a natural leader with a relentless passion for basketball and profound knowledge of the game."

"Everyone knows my love for the Lakers. Over the years, I have considered other management opportunities, however my devotion to the game and Los Angeles make the Lakers my first and only choice. I will do everything in my power to help return the Lakers to their rightful place among the elite teams of the NBA," said Johnson.

Johnson's duties will include, but not be limited to, advising ownership on all business and basketball matters, collaborating with coaches, evaluating and mentoring players, assessing future franchise needs, and helping ownership to determine the best path for growth and success.

Johnson will report directly to Jeanie Buss.

The Lakers' front office has been run by Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss.

Clipper Nation
02-02-2017, 04:37 PM
:lmao They actually found someone less qualified than Fredo - I'm shocked.

apalisoc_9
02-02-2017, 04:43 PM

:lol

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2017, 04:43 PM
:lmao Magic and Jeannie Buss :lmao

All they need is Phil and the trifecta of trash is complete, tbh..

02-02-2017, 04:48 PM
So Cubby was right, the lakers hadn't reached rock bottom just yet

lefty
02-02-2017, 04:48 PM
In b4 Magic leaves because Jeannie hurt his feelings :cry

:cry Riley is mean, I don't want to play for him anymore
:cry Isiah betrayed me
:cryDrexler betrayed me

02-02-2017, 04:49 PM
:lmao team being run by a whore and a AIDS ridden faggot :lmao

apalisoc_9
02-02-2017, 05:09 PM
:lmao team being run by a whore and a AIDS ridden faggot :lmao

Rumor has it that Jeanie has been around more than your average "whore"...

Must be a hell of a whore :lol

RsxPiimp
02-02-2017, 05:18 PM
The saddest part of this hire is that Magic has actually been quite detrimental towards the lakers organization for years and even tried to get part ownership of the Clippers. His elementary analysis of the game has given me no confidence whasoever in his ability to make basketball decisions.

He was also a big fan of B. Scott and gave D'Antoni hell. All I need to know for now.

Killakobe81
02-02-2017, 05:24 PM
The saddest part of this hire is that Magic has actually been quite detrimental towards the lakers organization for years and even tried to get part ownership of the Clippers. His elementary analysis of the game has given me no confidence whasoever in his ability to make basketball decisions.

He was also a big fan of B. Scott and gave D'Antoni hell. All I need to know for now.

Say what you will about Kobe or Shaq but ..but I'm starting to despise my all time GOAT PG. Great teammate, leader business man, horrible husband, talk show host, TV analyst and basketball operations mindset.

Killakobe81
02-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Say what you will about Kobe or Shaq but ..but I'm starting to despise my all time GOAT PG. Great teammate, leader business man, horrible husband, talk show host, TV analyst and basketball operations mindset.

I might change my freaking avvy maybe I'll go Kareem or big game James ...

Fabbs
02-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Magics ability to develop toughness should be invaluable.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/EJ+Johnson+Zoe+Kravitz+Celebrates+New+Role+BOoO4n3-3QOl.jpg

Killakobe81
02-02-2017, 05:28 PM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/EJ+Johnson+Zoe+Kravitz+Celebrates+New+Role+BOoO4n3-3QOl.jpg

Fuck you, Fabbs!!!:lol

apalisoc_9
02-02-2017, 05:28 PM
Maybe now the spurs can convince the Lakers to sign and trade Simmons for Lou Williams....

Do it AIDS!

Clipper Nation
02-02-2017, 05:43 PM

Aaaaaand another Kobe-only fan exposes himself.

apalisoc_9
02-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Just thought of another possibility..

I think Johnson Kid is Gay because he grew up frsutrated with Magic having HIV fact. He probably rebelled early in his teens after realizing his dad cheated on his mum with a guy.

Whatva Great Role Model Magic Johnson is...

ambchang
02-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Love magic as a player, but I cringe every time he opens his mouth and talk basketball. Jeanie turns out to be worse than Fredo.

hater
02-02-2017, 06:21 PM
:lmao hilarious

:lol lakers Magic cant even advise his own son :lmao

HarlemHeat37
02-02-2017, 06:23 PM

Magic has been taking dick for over 30 years, I'm sure he's given plenty of advice to junior, tbh:lol

spursistan
02-02-2017, 06:26 PM
:lmao

Killakobe81
02-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Aaaaaand another Kobe-only fan exposes himself.

WTF u talking about dumbass?!
You had a 2 week run of solid takes minus the the LeBron cum guzzling...then you say some uninformed shit.

I'm one of the only Lakers fans on here that firmly places Magic over Kobe ...but doesn't change the fact he constantly says dumb shit for a high IQ ball player and savvy business man. Almost Trumpian, in fact.

hater
02-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Lakers office with bring in Kobe as team building coach

Chris
02-02-2017, 08:18 PM

Kool Bob Love
02-03-2017, 05:56 AM
:rollin

benefactor
02-03-2017, 07:54 AM

Magic has been taking dick for over 30 years, I'm sure he's given plenty of advice to junior, tbh:lol

Spurs9
02-03-2017, 09:18 AM
:rofl this whole thread

UZER
02-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Lakers fans will soon be longing for the good ol' Jim Buss days.

Thread
02-03-2017, 11:18 AM
I've stated it a thousand times=We're light 2 without Jim Buss.

Jim Buss

Killakobe81
02-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Lakers fans will soon be longing for the good ol' Jim Buss days.

Was never all his fault in the first place Laker haters and Laker fans needed a scapegoat now that Shaq, Pau, phil, Kobe etc all have left the reservation...

Thread
02-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Was never all his fault in the first place Laker haters and Laker fans needed a scapegoat now that Shaq, Pau, phil, Kobe etc all have left the reservation...

...and he's easy pickins. He's white. He's homely. He's white. He ain't black. He's white. There is no % is not stringing him up now as Killa states above.

Splits
02-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Lakers office with bring in Kobe as team building coach

Splits
02-03-2017, 02:40 PM
I've stated it a thousand times=We're light 2 without MVPau.

MVPau

Splits
02-03-2017, 02:54 PM

His car was spotted outside Staples...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3rzu81UMAA_M5T.jpg

spursistan
02-03-2017, 04:52 PM

This nigga calling the shots in your front office Lakerfan :lmao :lmao

StrengthAndHonor
02-03-2017, 05:19 PM
It can't be all doom and gloom for Laker fans. After 3 tumultuous seasons which could produce a couple hours worth of embarrassing highlights, I cant fathom your franchise sinking any deeper. Magic has something Jim Buss doesn't have, and Im not talking about the AIDS for any of you feeble-minded folks and ----that my friend is called character.

Summer of 2016 was a rude slap of reality for Jim and his cronies. Nobody worth one's salt wanted to play for him. They signed Mozgov at 12:01 AM, meaning they have exhausted all their resources and the best they could have is, yes, Timofey Mozgov. Clearly, ladies and gentlemen the franchise once known as the gold standard and preferred landing spot of marquee free agents is no more...

Unlike Jim who inherited a massive amount of fortune, Magic is a self made man. Come to think of it, he's so successful in life he beat AIDS itself. Think a about that for second. Earvin is going to turn the Lakers franchise around, heed my words. Shall we bump this thread July of 2017?.

ambchang
02-03-2017, 08:58 PM
It can't be all doom and gloom for Laker fans. After 3 tumultuous seasons which could produce a couple hours worth of embarrassing highlights, I cant fathom your franchise sinking any deeper. Magic has something Jim Buss doesn't have, and Im not talking about the AIDS for any of you feeble-minded folks and ----that my friend is called character.

Summer of 2016 was a rude slap of reality for Jim and his cronies. Nobody worth one's salt wanted to play for him. They signed Mozgov at 12:01 AM, meaning they have exhausted all their resources and the best they could have is, yes, Timofey Mozgov. Clearly, ladies and gentlemen the franchise once known as the gold standard and preferred landing spot of marquee free agents is no more...

Unlike Jim who inherited a massive amount of fortune, Magic is a self made man. Come to think of it, he's so successful in life he beat AIDS itself. Think a about that for second. Earvin is going to turn the Lakers franchise around, heed my words. Shall we bump this thread July of 2017?.

Throwing Jim buss under the bus to save Kobe again.

So which laker hasn't been thrown under the bus for Kobe?
Owner? Jim buss
Dominant big man? Shaq
Superstar? MVPau
Face of the franchise? Magic
Coach? Phil, brown, dantoni
Scrub? Smush Parker, Chris Mihm
All star? Lamar odom
Veteran journeyman? Caron butler
Game plan? Game 7 second half vs the Suns
Civilian? Kate Faber
Team? The entire 2005 lakers

His failures are never his fault, and yet his glory is never due to anybody but him.

Splits
02-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Clearly, ladies and gentlemen the franchise once known as the gold standard and preferred landing spot of marquee free agents is no more...

Please provide the list of "marquee free agents".

Dumb fuck.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-04-2017, 11:25 AM
I really hope they allow him into the decisionmaking loop. He makes Isaiah Thomas look like Branch Rickey. He loves to eat the cheese both figuratively and literally.

Perfect move.

Thread
02-04-2017, 11:40 AM
I really hope they allow him into the decisionmaking loop. He makes Isaiah Thomas look like Branch Rickey. He loves to eat the cheese both figuratively and literally.

Perfect move.

At least they never sold his shit.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-04-2017, 03:17 PM
At least they never sold his shit.

Sup, Bozo? Cannot feel good to see the simpleton added to the front office when it looks like things finally are improving.

How does shit taste?

Thread
02-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Sup, Bozo? Cannot feel good to see the simpleton added to the front office when it looks like things finally are improving.

How does shit taste?

I'm right with ya, dad.

Let us proceed...

Though seriously, have you ever thought about fucking your mother, or, your father?

Spurtacular
02-04-2017, 05:01 PM

:lmao

02-04-2017, 05:54 PM
...and he's easy pickins. He's white. He's homely. He's white. He ain't black. He's white. There is no % is not stringing him up now as Killa states above.
only PUSSIES and ASSHOLE play the race card

don't be purposely obtuse

Thread
02-04-2017, 06:01 PM
only PUSSIES and ASSHOLE play the race card

don't be purposely obtuse

Get your own shit, 313. That's my shit.

02-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Get your own shit, 313. That's my shit.
I can't help it, you're a trendsetter

Thread
02-04-2017, 06:07 PM
I can't help it, you're a trendsetter

Don't be charmin' me today, 313. With Trump ass over teacup I simply ain't in a charmin mood.