The time has come, the future is here

:lobt2:

Cklbmk
02-02-2017, 10:16 PM
The truth has been spoken.

It is time for us to witness the rise of our newest legend

TheGreatYacht
02-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Agreed. Parker to the bench with Manu and Simmons. Ship Mills the fuck outta here!

GSH
02-02-2017, 10:55 PM
Yeah, but even if Murray starts, there's still 47 minutes to play.

DarrinS
02-02-2017, 10:57 PM
He needs more minutes and more weight. High ceiling tho.

sasaint
02-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Yeah, but even if Murray starts, there's still 47 minutes to play.

:lol It seems to me that Murray was much better in the games he started. It's almost like he is focused when he is playing meaningful minutes but tells himself that it doesn't really matter what he does when the game is decided and he is just playing garbage time. Pop very understandably wants to coach the guy up to maintain his focus ANY time he is on the floor. As A fan, I want to see the young guy play, but you can't really argue with the importance of Pop's teaching the guy some tough lessons.

GSH
02-02-2017, 11:11 PM
:lol It seems to me that Murray was much better in the games he started. It's almost like he is focused when he is playing meaningful minutes but tells himself that it doesn't really matter what he does when the game is decided and he is just playing garbage time. Pop very understandably wants to coach the guy up to maintain his focus ANY time he is on the floor. As A fan, I want to see the young guy play, but you can't really argue with the importance of Pop's teaching the guy some tough lessons.

I remember one of those games he started pretty poor, but really came on in the second half. I just don't think that these 1-minute stints are moving him forward a whole lot. I guess that's why I'm not the coach? :lol

lilbthebasedgod
02-02-2017, 11:17 PM
He didn't do anything good but he only played two minutes. Not sure why this is a thing.

sasaint
02-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Murray plays much better when he starts, and Tony plays better with Deadman. Just sayin'.

lilbthebasedgod
02-02-2017, 11:54 PM
Murray plays much better when he starts, and Tony plays better with Deadman. Just sayin'.
Absolutely tiny sample size on both. People are reading into this way too much.

sasaint
02-02-2017, 11:59 PM
Absolutely tiny sample size on both. People are reading into this way too much.

I agree that the sample size is minuscule, but I do not know whether people are reading too much into it. What was also minuscule was the amount of time that Tony and Kawhi spent on the court together tonight.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-03-2017, 06:13 AM
He needs to develop something more than the floater if he is going to be a chucker.

Blake
02-03-2017, 11:27 AM
I love the knee jerk threads here on st.

mookie2001
02-03-2017, 11:33 AM
When Parker is hitting for 1 (one) point per game, yeah time for a change.

$pursDynasty
02-03-2017, 11:54 AM
wow Start Patty R.I.P. lol.

Spur|n|Austin
02-03-2017, 12:02 PM
lol no.

One day, but come on he's a 20 year old twig with a limited shot selection.

Spurtacular
02-03-2017, 12:36 PM
I'm a Murray fan/advocate. But he sucked last night. He acted like he had to do sh** fancy instead of just making the fundamental plays, and it led to charges and bad shots.

TXstbobcat
02-03-2017, 01:33 PM
The Spurs just assigned Murray and Forbes back to Austin. Looks like the Spurs plan on letting him develop in the D league and play limited minutes in San Antonio. Hopefully he can make the most of his minutes this season, dominate in Summer league, and be ready for major minutes next season if that is the Spur's plan for him.

Yuixafun
02-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Yea first play an alley oop to Dedmon... to give it context, they play was successful a few times already this game, but last couple times it was force fed, and distorted the offnse....anyway DJM comes in an immediately tries the oop, which failed, then the camera pans to pop, and he brings his hands to his face... lol and I thought he was gonna yank DJM, but pop just swallowed his hook and let it ride. But it was pretty dang funny to me. Like a comedy but sketch. Just needs some whacky music.

Mr. Body
02-03-2017, 04:22 PM
He's not even ready for consistent run and you want to start him? GTFO.

tonight...you
02-03-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm certain Pop is doing everything he can to fast track Murray.
1st: he tells him to do his thing and become comfy with his own skills.
2nd: he starts making him play with the Big Boys and he performs, which speaks to Pop.

Now he wants him to start conforming to The System, and not be his usual self, which he was told to do before.
I'm sure he told him verbally what he wants... and when he saw Murray go in and be Murray, not the Team... he pulls him quick.

This tells me he wants Murray to learn and learn fast because the team is going to need him quickly.

Harsh lessons means he's got learning to do and he needs to perform, with the team, not for himself.

He goes in and puts up a floater within 14 seconds? Not gonna fly now. I bet he's going to Austin with new instructions. Not "you be you".

Spurtacular
02-03-2017, 07:19 PM
He's not even ready for consistent run and you want to start him? GTFO.

Neither is Parker. STFO.