PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Coach Pop

TXstbobcat
02-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Gregg Popovich tied Jerry Sloan's record of most career wins with one team, recording his 1,127th with the Spurs tonight.

:bobo

SAGirl
02-02-2017, 11:35 PM
:flag: :toast

BillMc
02-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Well deserved!!!:bobo

Arcadian
02-03-2017, 12:08 AM
That's a lot of fucking wins.

spurs10
02-03-2017, 02:20 AM
Well deserved!!!:bobo:toast

That's a lot of fucking wins. Amen!

Play Boban
02-03-2017, 08:35 AM
He's more of a political activist these days than a coach, tbh.

UZER
02-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Pop jumped the shark a few years back.

SupremeGuy
02-03-2017, 09:32 AM

Pop jumped the shark a few years back.This.

Let's not pretend like if it wasn't Duncan he wouldn't have been fired back in the late 90s.

MultiTroll
02-03-2017, 10:03 AM
This.

Let's not pretend like if it wasn't Duncan he wouldn't have been fired back in the late 90s.

SPURt
02-03-2017, 10:32 AM
It's amazing how a Spurs message board can have such a large population of people that don't appreciate Pop. We fans have enjoyed more success than any fan base in any sport over twenty years. Every fan on here should at least be able to give Pop some credit. The job he is doing this year is amazing, if the Spurs success was solely attributed to TD the Spurs would be more Laker than contender this season. I don't care about his political beliefs, I only care about his basketball beliefs. By every first hand account, Pop is an incredible human.

TXstbobcat
02-03-2017, 10:58 AM
It's amazing how a Spurs message board can have such a large population of people that don't appreciate Pop. We fans have enjoyed more success than any fan base in any sport over twenty years. Every fan on here should at least be able to give Pop some credit. The job he is doing this year is amazing, if the Spurs success was solely attributed to TD the Spurs would be more Laker than contender this season. I don't care about his political beliefs, I only care about his basketball beliefs. By every first hand account, Pop is an incredible human.

I would say that he is doing an amazing coaching job with the Spurs currently in the number two seed in the west with the second best record in the NBA a season after losing one of the greatest players in NBA history.

MultiTroll
02-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Altho NBA players and coaches are overpaid mega entitles, the job description is still unsettling for players including their families. Different city every week, even if they are pampered millionaires it's still a grind. In this respect I think Pop has done an A+ job of establishing and maintaining an atmosphere that helps players in their off court struggles. Which often helps on court.

Floyd Pacquiao
02-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Good regular season coach.

lefty
02-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Sloan and Pop's teams have choked a lot of series away tbh

MultiTroll
02-03-2017, 11:33 AM

Sloan and Pop's teams have choked a lot of series away tbh
1 Championship in 9 years with Duncan, prefat Parker, GNob, Horry, Bowen Kwa etc is not impressive.
But the longevity of Spurs is impressive.

Dre_7
02-03-2017, 11:59 AM

Haha he answered questions that were asked of him and now he is doing more activism than coaching? Didn't know you were so privy to his schedule. Or did his responses just offend you? See that's the problem now a days. Everyone gets offended when someone says something they don't like.

Pop is the man, kiss the rings bitches.

Spur|n|Austin
02-03-2017, 12:01 PM

http://giant.gfycat.com/TameImpoliteAfricanharrierhawk.gif

Floyd Pacquiao
02-03-2017, 12:16 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/TameImpoliteAfricanharrierhawk.gif

Duncan 99 , Duncan 03, Duncan/Manu 05, Lucky the Mavs went down to the dubs/NBA suspending Amare/diaw 07 and getting lucky ibaka was out in games 1 & 2 in14.

BatManu20
02-03-2017, 12:54 PM
This.

Duncan 99 , Duncan 03, Duncan/Manu 05, Lucky the Mavs went down to the dubs/NBA suspending Amare/diaw 07 and getting lucky ibaka was out in games 1 & 2 in14.

And without Jordan/Pippen, Shaq/Kobe, and Kobe/Pau, Phil wouldn't have a single ring either. What's your point? That coaches need great players to win championships? No shit. Doesn't mean they aren't great coaches. Pop is widely considered the Greatest coach in the league for a reason.

Spur|n|Austin
02-03-2017, 12:54 PM

:lol well yeah, it's a players league - did you expect Pop to go out there and play?

Floyd Pacquiao
02-03-2017, 01:07 PM
:lol well yeah, it's a players league - did you expect Pop to go out there and play?

I expect the "greatest coach of all time" not to get owned by the likes of Avery Johnson and Scott Brooks

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2017, 01:11 PM
Butthurt trump supporters bothered by a basketball coach getting into politics but proudly voted for a reality tv star :lol

:cry stick to basketball :cry
:cry mah safe space :cry

Spurtacular
02-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Pop owns the record for most finals choked by taking out the star player in the final minute.

UZER
02-03-2017, 01:20 PM
I expect the "greatest coach of all time" not to get owned by the likes of Avery Johnson and Scott Brooks

Then refuse to answer any questions that dare question his coaching moves in the series.

Splits
02-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Butthurt trump supporters bothered by a basketball coach getting into politics but proudly voted for a reality tv star :lol

:lol

TGY to all y'all snowflakes

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/0wK.gif

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2017, 02:48 PM

:lmao

Splits
02-03-2017, 02:52 PM
http://www.todayifoundout.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/pop-rocks1.jpg

elbamba
02-03-2017, 04:17 PM
Then refuse to answer any questions that dare question his coaching moves in the series.

This is really my only beef with Pop. The guy looks at everyone like they are asking stupid questions and never gives a real answer.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-03-2017, 04:24 PM
This is really my only beef with Pop. The guy looks at everyone like they are asking stupid questions and never gives a real answer.

Kind of like the politicians he idolizes, eh? :lol Benghazi..., erm... water under the bridge... Let's talk about education and women's rights now!

Poop is a very successful coach but as a human being he is utter diarrhea.

GB20
02-03-2017, 04:55 PM
The best coach ever!! :bobo

BillMc
02-03-2017, 05:12 PM

Sure it's ok for The Duke to throw a kid in the pond, but when the Frankenstein monster did it they called it murder.

tonight...you
02-03-2017, 05:38 PM
Sure it's ok for The Duke to throw a kid in the pond, but when the Frankenstein monster did it they called it murder.
Oh shit!
Damn Bill! Now that will be forever in my brain...

BillMc
02-03-2017, 05:46 PM
Oh shit!
Damn Bill! Now that will be forever in my brain...
:toast:lol Hope that's a good thing my friend.

tonight...you
02-03-2017, 05:50 PM
:toast:lol Hope that's a good thing my friend.

Yessir. I wrote a lot of shit, but it's not really for total public consumption... I deleted it.
Kudos for this.

Canyonero
02-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Better PG than Porker

dabom
02-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Haha he answered questions that were asked of him and now he is doing more activism than coaching? Didn't know you were so privy to his schedule. Or did his responses just offend you? See that's the problem now a days. Everyone gets offended when someone says something they don't like.

Better PG than Porker

Play Boban
02-04-2017, 11:56 AM

Let's not pretend Becky isn't the one wearing the pants in this relationship. Becky coaches this team and Poop just runs press conference and is a political activist.

DMC
02-04-2017, 11:12 PM
:pop: "You gotta play a full 48 minutes to win in the NBA"

:pop: "I like to manage their minutes accordingly, winning or not"

Southwest Texas Fan
02-05-2017, 12:40 AM

:toast

Dre_7
02-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Let's not pretend Becky isn't the one wearing the pants in this relationship. Becky coaches this team and Poop just runs press conference and is a political activist.

lefty
02-06-2017, 01:43 PM
:worthy: Deron Williams

Play Boban
02-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Poop's rings are stolen from Becky.