PDA

View Full Version : Evangelical Jerry Falwell Jr. to head Trump education task force

leemajors
02-03-2017, 01:23 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/evangelical-jerry-falwell-jr-to-head-trump-education-task-force/

boutons_deux
02-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Christian Taliban asshole

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jerry_falwell_jr.html

spurraider21
02-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Between this and DeVos, the direction of education is pointing in the wrong direction.

Secularism is at risk

Thread
02-03-2017, 02:36 PM
And you can't beat that word, Heath. "Evangelical." Remind one of jelly beans.

Blake
02-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Jesus christ.....

Spurminator
02-03-2017, 03:21 PM
lol libtards going to whine about this one too.

I just love their cucky libtard tears.

If my kid has to learn that God put dinosaurs on the earth with humans 6,000 years ago for me to enjoy the sweet sweet nectar of liberal bitching, so be it.

Splits
02-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Hopefully Falwell will pray for Apprentice ratings.

Blake
02-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Hopefully Falwell will pray for Apprentice ratings.

Fuck. Just. Fuck.

Splits
02-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Fuck. Just. Fuck.

Don't worry. Buzzfeed posted that. So it's Fake News.

Blake
02-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Don't worry. Buzzfeed posted that. So it's Fake News.

I know Trump was attempting tongue in cheek but fuck if his orange skin isn't paper thin.

The POTUS is actually getting into an Apprentice dick measuring contest.

Just. Fuck.

SnakeBoy
02-03-2017, 03:59 PM
I know Trump was attempting tongue in cheek but fuck if his orange skin isn't paper thin.

The POTUS is actually getting into an Apprentice dick measuring contest.

Just. Fuck.

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M6b91af2b0cc21d807c1ecb3cd7c8ec05o0&pid=15.1

Mitch
02-03-2017, 04:09 PM
:lol

Sending my kids to private school, tbh

DMC
02-03-2017, 04:13 PM
riot, burn a generator, wear a mask and smoke some weed. that will fix it.

DMC
02-03-2017, 04:14 PM
btw, Trump is a master troll.

spurraider21
02-03-2017, 04:18 PM
lol libtards going to whine about this one too.

I just love their cucky libtard tears.

If my kid has to learn that God put dinosaurs on the earth with humans 6,000 years ago for me to enjoy the sweet sweet nectar of liberal bitching, so be it.

baseline bum
02-03-2017, 04:35 PM
btw, Trump is a master troll.

Pretty much, this is just Trump just making it personal with Obama and trolling his legacy, because the guy was a democrat who loved the Clintons until then. It's why it makes me die laughing when boutons posts articles saying Trump isn't going to completely destroy Obamacare.

DMC
02-03-2017, 05:10 PM
Trump is going to ensure the GOP never wins another race :lol

baseline bum
02-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Trump is going to ensure the GOP never wins another race :lol

Blue font?

Blake
02-03-2017, 05:27 PM

I recommend it if you can afford it

rmt
02-03-2017, 05:29 PM
So many want to imitate Canada's health care system - what about education? My Canadian relatives send their kids to Catholic schools - costs them nothing (except property taxes) - same as public schools. Why shouldn't the money follow the student?

baseline bum
02-03-2017, 05:32 PM
So many want to imitate Canada's health care system - what about education? My Canadian relatives send their kids to Catholic schools - costs them nothing (except property taxes) - same as public schools. Why shouldn't the money follow the student?

I'd do it to get their healthcare system.

rmt
02-03-2017, 05:35 PM
I'd do it to get their healthcare system.

We can't afford it. Don't you know Canadians don't worry about their military because America will protect them if any country should bother them?

rmt
02-03-2017, 05:37 PM
So what's with this suspected phishing warning? Now I can't edit any of my posts.

baseline bum
02-03-2017, 05:37 PM
We can't afford it. Don't you know Canadians don't worry about their military because America will protect them if any country should bother them?

We can't afford Trump's tax cuts for the rich but they're still going to happen, just like they did with Bush. We can't afford that fucking wall but it's happening.

spurraider21
02-03-2017, 05:38 PM
I agree that we overspend on military to the detriment of healthcare

baseline bum
02-03-2017, 05:42 PM

It's kind of a fucked if you do, fucked if you don't situation. All our military spending keeps Europe from going to war with each other. Those fuckers would nuke each other within 15 years without us, which would be pretty devastating for the entire world. So instead we get to subsidize their social democracies.

boutons_deux
02-03-2017, 08:25 PM

it's call "guns vs. butter"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_versus_butter_model

cheguevara
02-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Wake up ppl. Tune in to conservative radio and you will see They support Trump like he is the.next coming of the glock 16 holster with the bible and tobacco compartments.

His base will die for him now.

Reck
02-03-2017, 09:00 PM

Having second thoughts bro? :lol

DD
02-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Regressing to 1950's ideals is still>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Islam

CosmicCowboy
02-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Meh.

Falwells a whacko but sounds like political payback to the religious right.

How much harm can a non-legislative "task force" do?

spurraider21
02-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Regressing to 1950's ideals is still>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Islam
Were those the options before us? :lol

DD
02-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Were those the options before us? :lol

They're the options now:lol

Chris
02-03-2017, 09:21 PM
One Nation Under God :tu

DD
02-03-2017, 09:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDNCkcC47eQ

Mitch
02-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Having second thoughts bro? :lol

Not really a Trump thing, CA has shitty schools Reck. I got a school in mind for my kids, they fire teachers for talking about their political beliefs and LGBT topics :tu

DMC
02-03-2017, 11:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDNCkcC47eQ

Fuck yeah still the GOAT horror flick.

Thread
02-03-2017, 11:57 PM
Fuck yeah still the GOAT horror flick.

It'll hang with ya.

Though the original "Wicker Man" has my vote.

Th'Pusher
02-04-2017, 12:02 AM
Meh.

Falwells a whacko but sounds like political payback to the religious right.

You've really turned into a trump apologist.

Thread
02-04-2017, 12:10 AM

tee, hee.

DMC
02-04-2017, 12:33 AM
You've really turned into a trump apologist.

The loser squad still using leveling antics to attempt to regain some dignity. You're the JV squad of it however.

Adam Lambert
02-04-2017, 12:36 AM
dignity

Evangelical Jerry Falwell Jr. to head Trump education task force

:lol :lol :lol

Adam Lambert
02-04-2017, 12:39 AM
dignity

Kellyanne Conway cites ‘Bowling Green massacre’ that never happened to defend travel

Adam Lambert
02-04-2017, 12:40 AM
dignity

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Adam Lambert
02-04-2017, 12:43 AM
dignity

yeah but trump won hillary lost so im going to coattail on the winner even though he was elected by the dumbest people in the country, oh by the way have you heard the new luke bryan album? its going to sell millions! that means its good!

rmt
02-04-2017, 03:50 AM
Not really a Trump thing, CA has shitty schools Reck. I got a school in mind for my kids, they fire teachers for talking about their political beliefs and LGBT topics :tu

In general, other than crappy math instruction, indoctrination of impressionable, young minds is what I worry about with public schools. Too easy especially in the lower grades.

Thread
02-04-2017, 06:35 AM
^

Adam Lambert
02-04-2017, 10:40 AM
In general, other than crappy math instruction, indoctrination of impressionable, young minds is what I worry about with public schools. Too easy especially in the lower grades.

i agree, sadly its been happening for decades with the pledge of allegiance

boutons_deux
02-04-2017, 10:56 AM

But I bet you are 100% All In supporting Christian-Taliban-for-profit DeVos

DMC
02-04-2017, 11:34 AM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Triggered

Adam Lambert
02-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Triggered

the "i know you are but what am i" retort of the defeated

DMC
02-04-2017, 11:58 AM
the "i know you are but what am i" retort of the defeated

:lol worried about Jerry Falwell Jr
:lol "oh noes, muh kid is gonna think Jesus rode a dinosaur!"
:lol Kirk Cameron bobble heads on your dash

Adam Lambert
02-04-2017, 12:12 PM

:lol shameless trump apologist
:lol would defend dt putting kirk cameron in charge of national security
:lol spiraling out of control
:lol bag of nothing
:lol ignored bye

DMC
02-04-2017, 12:18 PM
:lol shameless trump apologist
:lol would defend dt putting kirk cameron in charge of national security
:lol spiraling out of control
:lol bag of nothing
:lol ignored bye
:lol thinking you have any say
:lol not getting the entertainment value
:lol needing an alt to say so

rmt
02-04-2017, 02:12 PM
But I bet you are 100% All In supporting Christian-Taliban-for-profit DeVos

boutons, I'm all for school choice - you know, the freedom to choose what you feel is right for your child. I believe the money should follow the student wherever that student and his/her parent chooses to go - whether public, private, charter, magnet, online, virtual, homeschool, religious. But I guess you'd rather back the powerful teachers' unions and their expensive healthcare and pensions.

baseline bum
02-04-2017, 02:47 PM
boutons, I'm all for school choice - you know, the freedom to choose what you feel is right for your child. I believe the money should follow the student wherever that student and his/her parent chooses to go - whether public, private, charter, magnet, online, virtual, homeschool, religious. But I guess you'd rather back the powerful teachers' unions and their expensive healthcare and pensions.

So you should get paid for homeschooling your kids? :lol

z0sa
02-04-2017, 03:37 PM

Lol giving your children more than a nominal say in their primary and even secondary education, one. Kids have no fucking clue what a good or bad education consists of and probably dont understand the implications of what they are learning even if they are successful students.

2, if you and your parents have low upward/geographic mobility, you have few or no choices under your faux open minded approach.

3, parents assuming they know more about the education their child needs than certified educators because of bad evil unions filled with unlike minds on a gimped SBOE are the primary cause of mediocrity's reign in America's public schools for decades now.

And, since their beloved and trustworthy parent(s) can almost categorically deny (purposely or no) the existence or purport of appropriate dissenting viewpoints, arguments or worldviews while easily silencing legitimate lines of questioning from their student-child, homeschoolers and many small private schoolers never develop an ability to overcome their own confirmation biases in search of knowledge and experience.

Indeed, your support of simply allowing education advantages for haves vs low income have nots indicates both immorality and a deep desire to never be wrong

boutons_deux
02-04-2017, 03:47 PM

so you are for taxpayers' $Bs going to religious indoctrination schools.

your hate for teachers, unions, and their benefits in truly rightwingnuttitude, dictated, propagandized by the capitalists/employers of the VRWC.

When I visited England, I was told the diff between American worker and English workers went like this:

"An American sees a somebody driving a Cadillac, and says I'm going to work hard so some day I can drive a Cadillac",

while the English worker sees somebody in a Bentley and says "I want to tear that person's wealth down to my level"

So what you are really saying, on behalf of fucked-over American labor, is that you want to tear down the revenue, benefits of union employees so they are as fucked over as average American labor.

iow, you, IN EFFECT, don't believe (any more?) in the American Dream where hard work will deliver a comfortable, secure, even well-off life.

boutons_deux
02-04-2017, 04:09 PM
JF Jr typifies the "Christian" cretinous, sanctimonious assholes who believe that Trash is a gift from, chosen by God, so opposing Trash is doing the work of Satan

If you oppose Trump, you're doing the devil's work (http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/3/1629461/-Oh-noes-If-you-oppose-Trump-you-re-doing-the-devil-s-work)

standing up for women being respected and not objectified is a sign that you’re under the influence of either witchcraft (http://www.liberalamerica.org/2017/01/25/fundies-claim-3-million-women-possessed-spirit-witchcraft) or demons (http://www.liberalamerica.org/2017/02/01/jim-bakker-friends-think-3-million-women-influenced-demons). How is that possible? Well, according to one religious right luminary, ANY opposition to the Donald is a sign you’re being influenced by the devil (http://www.liberalamerica.org/2017/02/02/insane-rwnj-pastor-satan-organizing-opposition-trump).

On the day after the Women’s March, so-called “prophet” and “apostle” Rick Joyner took to Facebook (http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/rick-joyner-womens-march-was-a-blatant-manifestation-of-the-jezebel-spirit/) to claim that the Women’s March was influenced by pure evil a mere 24 hours after Trump took office.

Joyner claimed that when he was in Washington for the Women’s March, “there was a meanness, there was a rage” that could only come from “the Jezebel spirit.” When the Jezebel spirit shows up, it supposedly comes with “great wrath”—which was supposedly present in spades at the march. He says that the Jezebel spirit tempts people into “sexual immorality and the worship of idols.” It supposedly runs rampant in the entertainment world.

Wallnau claimed that the Women’s March revealed the true nature of “the progressive spirit.” At heart, it’s supposedly driven by “a desire to control and intimidate, manipulate”—just like the spirit of witchcraft.

The Bakkers whined on Monday that while the inauguration was overflowing with “the presence of God” into the wee hours of the morning, the atmosphere in Washington changed overnight when the nasty women started piling in. Brim had a ready explanation—the march was “driven by demons.”

The next day, Bakker claimed that when he went down to the lobby of his hotel on the day of the Women’s March, he sensed “the most evil spirit I have ever felt”—so evil, in fact, that all he could tell his audience was that “it’s dirty, it’s filthy dirty.”

Joyner went live again (http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/rick-joyner-opposition-to-president-trump-is-satanic/) and warned anyone standing against Trump that they’re being played by the devil.

Joyner claimed that the opposition to Trump was fueled by “out-of-control rage” that could only be Satanic in nature. He claimed that Satan always shows “great rage” when being rousted out of his strongholds, and “all those he can control are going to manifest his rage.” But he thinks it’s a sign that “the glory of the Lord” is about to appear—which will cause nations to turn.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/2/3/1629461/-Oh-noes-If-you-oppose-Trump-you-re-doing-the-devil-s-work?detail=email&link_id=8&can_id=4217e8eb109c68bd0c2e4143dd2d8c15&source=email-trump-reportedly-tells-female-staffers-to-dress-like-womentwitter-says-fun&email_referrer=trump-reportedly-tells-female-staffers-to-dress-like-womentwitter-says-fun___162456&email_subject=ron-wyden-wants-to-remind-you-the-fbi-knows-things-about-trump-and-russia-that-theyre-not-sharing

Blake
02-04-2017, 04:11 PM

The less biblebeating evolution deniers in public positions, the better

Blake
02-04-2017, 04:13 PM

So you should get paid for homeschooling your kids? :lol

Lolsmh America

DMC
02-04-2017, 05:50 PM
The less biblebeating evolution deniers in public positions, the better

Bible beating isn't the worst offense a leader can commit.

baseline bum
02-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Bible beating isn't the worst offense a leader can commit.

But it usually foreshadows those worse offenses tbh

Thread
02-04-2017, 06:00 PM
But it usually foreshadows those worse offenses tbh

You & D will both do the bell & steeple shuffle about 80, maybe 75, perhaps even as early as late 60's. Never fails.

You'll shuffle in, sit down like you've been there before, make change out of the collection plate and then ask for salvation.

spurraider21
02-04-2017, 06:32 PM
The less biblebeating evolution deniers in public positions, the betteri'd have no problem with it if they separate their religion from their duty. fallwell/pence/devos don't fall in that category

rmt
02-04-2017, 10:40 PM
Most of you acknowledge that the US spends near the top per student on education but score middling/low commensurate to $ put in. Yet you steadfastly refuse to consider trying other methods. I guess the political views override concern for our kids. Why else are you so steadfast in your support of teachers' unions? I'll tell you where the money goes. I worked for the School Board here and took a year of maternity leave, followed by a year of personal leave, (got pregnant again), took another year of maternity leave - while they paid for all my insurance during that 3 year period - health, life, disability, legal, etc. I worked for 12 years and will get a pension (vested after only 5-6 years iirc) based on the average of my 5 highest years while counting all my vacation leave (5 weeks a year), sick leave (10 days a year), personal leave (2 days a year) plus whatever comp time I had accumulated over those 12 years - unlike say, SS which averages highest 35 years. Do you see why even though we spend so much per student the money is going toward insurance and pensions for the teachers?

Until some of these teachers are accountable for their performance, why should they educate to the best of their ability when the unions back them up and it so hard to fire the bad teachers.

Most of you admire the health systems of Canada, Finland and other socialist countries. Yet you scoff at what they do with education. There - the money follows the student - whether religious, public or alternative schools. I'd like to hear each of your reasoning why the money shouldn't follow the student and why we should continue with the same old, same old, expecting different results.

I'll address the homeschooling after a couple days - because it is sure to inflame you all.

DMC
02-04-2017, 10:47 PM
You & D will both do the bell & steeple shuffle about 80, maybe 75, perhaps even as early as late 60's. Never fails.

You'll shuffle in, sit down like you've been there before, make change out of the collection plate and then ask for salvation.

What would it prove either way? A person will do anything to survive, even roll dice in something he doesn't believe in. Cancer patients poison themselves in often feeble attempts at avoiding the grave, even for a brief time, but it's usually just to make them feel they are battling instead of succumbing to death. Doesn't mean anything either way.

DMC
02-04-2017, 10:48 PM
i'd have no problem with it if they separate their religion from their duty. fallwell/pence/devos don't fall in that category

I wouldn't vote for someone who claims to believe in something they can just disregard for the sake of the "greater good" when they believe the greater good is what their religion tells them.

DD
02-04-2017, 10:50 PM
jesus is just alright with me

DMC
02-04-2017, 10:54 PM
Most of you acknowledge that the US spends near the top per student on education but score middling/low commensurate to $ put in. Yet you steadfastly refuse to consider trying other methods. I guess the political views override concern for our kids. Why else are you so steadfast in your support of teachers' unions? I'll tell you where the money goes. I worked for the School Board here and took a year of maternity leave, followed by a year of personal leave, (got pregnant again), took another year of maternity leave - while they paid for all my insurance during that 3 year period - health, life, disability, legal, etc. I worked for 12 years and will get a pension (vested after only 5-6 years iirc) based on the average of my 5 highest years while counting all my vacation leave (5 weeks a year), sick leave (10 days a year), personal leave (2 days a year) plus whatever comp time I had accumulated over those 12 years - unlike say, SS which averages highest 35 years. Do you see why even though we spend so much per student the money is going toward insurance and pensions for the teachers?

Until some of these teachers are accountable for their performance, why should they educate to the best of their ability when the unions back them up and it so hard to fire the bad teachers.

Most of you admire the health systems of Canada, Finland and other socialist countries. Yet you scoff at what they do with education. There - the money follows the student - whether religious, public or alternative schools. I'd like to hear each of your reasoning why the money shouldn't follow the student and why we should continue with the same old, same old, expecting different results.

I'll address the homeschooling after a couple days - because it is sure to inflame you all.

"Ought" is a discussion I prefer to avoid. The US overvalues public school teachers. For some reason they are put on pedestals as if their jobs are harder than sitting at desks and grading papers, talking to a room full of kids. That's because we equate "teacher" with "nanny". Certainly no one thinks of professors in the same way.

I think teaching should be like any other job, you get paid for the work you do. I think unions need to go in all levels of jobs in the US. Strong arming business through collective bargaining of a workforce stiffles growth both ways, since it keeps workers satisfied with low skill jobs at high pay, and employers with no concern for individual growth in the workplace as management and workers are at odds.

DMC
02-04-2017, 10:54 PM
jesus is just alright with me

He just left Chicago btw. He's headed to the ASG I think.