PDA

View Full Version : Advice/Recommendations Please?

TeKu
02-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Longtime NZ Spurs fan here.

I'll be in the US with work in April and am finally able to fit in a side trip to SA for the week the playoffs are scheduled to start. I know playoff tickets don't go on sale until the matchups are confirmed and I assume they sell out fast. Anyone happy to weigh in on,
- How do best ensure I can get tickets here?
- What realistically will it cost me for tickets. I see Plaza Level is ~ $120 & Balcony Centre for ~$50 for the Clippers game on Apr 8. How much of a jump from there should I expect for the first round of the playoffs

Thanks in advance.

TXstbobcat
02-08-2017, 04:48 PM

I'll be in the US with work in April and am finally able to fit in a side trip to SA for the week the playoffs are scheduled to start. I know playoff tickets don't go on sale until the matchups are confirmed and I assume they sell out fast. Anyone happy to weigh in on,
- What realistically will it cost me for tickets. I see Plaza Level is ~ $120 & Balcony Centre for ~$50 for the Clippers game on Apr 8. How much of a jump from there should I expect for the first round of the playoffs

Thanks in advance.

stubhub.com is my favorite site to get Spurs tickets. I usually have my best luck getting a decent deal on Spurs tickets with StubHub when I wait until 24 to 48 hours before the game to purchase tickets.

Hope you have a fun trip to San Antonio and have a great time at the playoff games. :toast

Spurs9
02-08-2017, 05:54 PM
stubhub.com is my favorite site to get Spurs tickets. I usually have my best luck getting a decent deal on Spurs tickets with StubHub when I wait until 24 to 48 hours before the game to purchase tickets.

Hope you have a fun trip to San Antonio and have a great time at the playoff games. :toast
Same here, I buy 99% of the tickets within 48 hours of the game. There are usually plenty of tickets available, either on various ticket sites or if you want to venture on craigslist. Check out the Pearl Brewery area if you are here, its pretty nice with alot of restaurant options.

TheGreatYacht
02-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Heard the Whataburger is nice

spurs10
02-08-2017, 07:01 PM
There is also spurs.com where you can buy tickets from the AT&T Center or from season ticket holders. I'm not sure about the fees that get tacked on but most tickets sellers have some sort of added fee. If you go drectly to the box office at the game there are no fees. Sections with only two digits are much more expensive, better seats, and also allow you in two hour before tip. All the rest including floor section with 3 digits let you in about an hour before First round there will be seats available.

TeKu
02-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Thanks everyone who replied.

Just to clarify, there should be reasonable access to first round tickets then... no waiting till the exact date/time they're released and it's a 15 minute online scramble to get in?

azarel
02-08-2017, 09:58 PM
i think its safe to just get the tickets from stubhub 72 hours before the game, i did that for the game 5 finals in 2013 when i visited SA (from Singapore) and there were tickets avail... don't think you need to worry about it being sold out.. just make sure your work schedule don't clash with the game time!

Horse
02-10-2017, 01:34 PM

Thanks in advance.
Depends on the round and opponent. Got playoff ticket for $11 in 2012 first round against the jazz.