PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Lakers path are eerily similar to Kahn's Twolves...

StrengthAndHonor
02-08-2017, 04:37 PM
During Kahn's tenure as GM of the Wolves, he managed to blow not 1 or 2 but 4 lottery picks. Derrick Williams was a 2nd overall pick, Wesley Johnson at # 4, Johnny Flynn at # 5 and Rubio at # 5 again.

With the exception of Rubio, who is a tad bit average at best, the rest of his picks turned out to be complete busts.

I was high on Russell, coming out of college-- he appears to have unlimited potential. Granted, I've only seen him play a few times but he seems to really underwhelm in areas a scoring guard should at least be good at. Randle is one dimensional with fundamental issues and Ingram may never live up to the lofty expectations bestowed upon him, many are now putting his ceiling no higher than Tayshaun Prince.

Thread
02-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Just an aside:::I always think about [Kahn] in that Star Trek movie. Christ, that fucker was pissed. One of the greatest bad guys of all time, Stamps.

spursistan
02-08-2017, 05:03 PM
Just an aside:::I always think about [Kahn] in that Star Trek movie. Christ, that fucker was pissed. One of the greatest bad guys of all time, Stamps.

"We (Lakers) haven't even hit rock bottom yet"-- Thread.

Chucho
02-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Sucks for them since the Lakers' ceiling is only two inches above absolute rock bottom as composed right now. What a sad fall for a once proud franchise.

StrengthAndHonor
02-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Sucks for them since the Lakers' ceiling is only two inches above absolute rock bottom as composed right now. What a sad fall for a once proud franchise.
I think the dry spell will stay for at least a decade. They'll probably get a playoff spot a couple of times ala Knicks but it's safe to assume the franchise will be irrelevant for a long period of time.

MultiTroll
02-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Can't wait to hear sanctimonious AIDs plan.

Chucho
02-08-2017, 07:06 PM
I think the dry spell will stay for at least a decade. They'll probably get a playoff spot a couple of times ala Knicks but it's safe to assume the franchise will be irrelevant for a long period of time.

I fully agree and have been saying the same. It's funny from a Spurs fan's view who has been here for nearly ten years as a lurker and seeing the Lakers trolls die their slow deaths as the realization really, really sunk in and resonated with them that this team and franchise is a Top 5 Awful Franchise since the failed rehash of the 04 Superteam in 13.

StrengthAndHonor
02-08-2017, 07:54 PM
I fully agree and have been saying the same. It's funny from a Spurs fan's view who has been here for nearly ten years as a lurker and seeing the Lakers trolls die their slow deaths as the realization really, really sunk in and resonated with them that this team and franchise is a Top 5 Awful Franchise since the failed rehash of the 04 Superteam in 13.

I've always thought that franchise and it's fans owes O'Neal a great deal of gratitude and apology. Never before, and at no time has a single free agent's decision so definitely destroyed one potential dynasty while, at once, birthing another.

Chucho
02-08-2017, 09:07 PM
I've always thought that franchise and it's fans owes O'Neal a great deal of gratitude and apology. Never before, and at no time has a single free agent's decision so definitely destroyed one potential dynasty while, at once, birthing another.

One hundrid. Without Daddy, no 3 Peat and no time to allow the greatest Beta ever grow and develop intonthe Greatest Beta ever. Phil wouldn't be able to cherry pick a franchise that was dynasty ready and be as over rated as he is.

Chucho
02-08-2017, 09:14 PM
The only Lakers greater than Daddy were:

Logo
Kareem
Magic
#1 Beta

Beta Bryant and West over Shaq because longevity does matter. But that said, not a single Laker was as dominant during a three year stretch like Daddy had when he put all the weight on his back and three peated almost by his lonesome.

ambchang
02-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Franchises have to realize that you have to develop young talent. You can't just draft someone and let him become dominant. You have to lead him. Lebron would be a great loser if he never left Cleveland. He learned to win and became a top 5 player of all time. Shaq joined the lakers when they were still great and learned to win. Even Jordan needed Jackson to guide him and Krause was right, franchises win championships.

Mr. Body
02-09-2017, 01:56 AM
I'm surprised Rubio is only mediocre.

And yes, it's awesome how shitty the Lakers have been in the draft.

Thread
02-09-2017, 05:38 AM
"We (Lakers) haven't even hit rock bottom yet"-- Thread.

Yep, it was your old dad.

Me

Thread
02-09-2017, 05:42 AM

Yep, it's not life & death obviously, but, it is a great American tragedy. That we haven't been called on it my Media is a disgrace. Like they're waiting for us to rise from the ashes so we can continue the life line on the far side of the break for years to come.

It is a cautionary tale for every solvent entity be it a business, a marriage, a relationship.

AchillesHeel
02-09-2017, 05:45 AM
Randle is a decent all-around player offensively, Russell shows flashes but then has those 5 pt 2 assist games that makes you wonder

Ingram recently has looked like their best young player, Clarkson showed his ability to play point under D'Antoni but has turned into another Lou Williams type player.

Out of all of their recent picks Russell has the highest chance of being a bust IMO.

Splits
02-09-2017, 06:35 AM
The majority of the blame lies at Kirby's feet. He didn't give a fuck about "his" franchise. He only cared about himself. The way he carried himself, and not "his" team, in the twilight of his career will be the subject of NBA historians. As Amb accurately points out, you have to develop young talent. And Kirby didn't give a fuck about any of that. Just his 50 shots per @ 35%

midnightpulp
02-09-2017, 06:41 AM
The majority of the blame lies at Kirby's feet. He didn't give a fuck about "his" franchise. He only cared about himself. The way he carried himself, and not "his" team, in the twilight of his career will be the subject of NBA historians. As Amb accurately points out, you have to develop young talent. And Kirby didn't give a fuck about any of that. Just his 50 shots per @ 35%

You're gonna get me again this year. :bang

And you were willing to take the over on 36 games, too :lol

I think we both thought this shitty franchise would improve (they did technically, but they clearly tanked hard last year, while trying hard this year to win games).

Terrible organization.

Splits
02-09-2017, 06:47 AM
You're gonna get me again this year. :bang

And you were willing to take the over on 36 games, too :lol

I think we both thought this shitty franchise would improve (they did technically, but they clearly tanked hard last year, while trying hard this year to win games).

Terrible organization.

Remind me where our bet ended up?

midnightpulp
02-09-2017, 07:03 AM

I owe you a 100 if the Lakers don't win 38 or more games.

Splits
02-09-2017, 07:15 AM
I owe you a 100 if the Lakers don't win 38 or more games.

Well, they're on pace for 28, so that's good.

DMC
02-09-2017, 11:36 AM

They've gone down the drain with Kobe's semen tbh.

Thread
02-09-2017, 11:45 AM

Every time I think you're going to FINALLY amount to something you show your ass.

Thread
02-09-2017, 11:46 AM
They've gone down the drain with Kobe's semen tbh.

Though we did lodge that 3rd back-to-back of the century after he busted that nut.

Thread
02-09-2017, 11:47 AM

You're sitting on Midst's face & he's polishing your balloon knot.

StrengthAndHonor
02-09-2017, 12:06 PM
You're sitting on Midst's face & he's polishing your balloon knot.
:lol

Thread
02-09-2017, 12:09 PM
:lol

I still got it!!!

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Lakers will turn it around with the great basketball mind of Magic, tbh..

offset formation
02-09-2017, 11:25 PM
Franchises have to realize that you have to develop young talent. You can't just draft someone and let him become dominant. You have to lead him. Lebron would be a great loser if he never left Cleveland. He learned to win and became a top 5 player of all time. Shaq joined the lakers when they were still great and learned to win. Even Jordan needed Jackson to guide him and Krause was right, franchises win championships.

They count on star free agents because of the draw of playing for the Fake Show. Problem is, there aren't many that are gonna want to play there while they suck.

But they could get good fast if they get to be average, then take in a huge free agent or two. That's their path because they certainly dont seem to be developing their own talent too well.