PDA

View Full Version : How do Democrats win back straight white men?

DarrinS
02-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Because that's the most hated demographic amongst "progressives".

Go

Spurminator
02-10-2017, 10:34 PM
As a straight white man who runs in fairly progressive circles, I can honestly say I have never once felt hated or persecuted in any way and I'm baffled that any straight white man would feel persecuted unless he (1) watches way too much Fox News, (2) has a shitty life that he's blaming others for, or (3) is a super-sensitive little ninny.

Anyway, the answer to your question is jobs.

DarrinS
02-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Revealing -- this woman's response at 2:00. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3-uNxmNj5o

boutons_deux
02-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Darrin is full of shit, flattering himself that progressives give a shit, one way or the other, about him.

MultiTroll
02-10-2017, 11:08 PM
Run a fair primary.
Bernie vs Trump would have been interesting.

DarrinS
02-10-2017, 11:17 PM
Run a fair primary.

How did the left treat Bernie? I still remember that two female BLM activists shut his ass down in Seattle. And basically told that predominately white progressive audience that they were a bunch of racists. :lol

SnakeBoy
02-10-2017, 11:24 PM

Opposite of that tbh. Job creation/prosperity helps the party in power.

pgardn
02-10-2017, 11:28 PM
How did the left treat Bernie? I still remember that two female BLM activists shut his ass down in Seattle. And basically told that predominately white progressive audience that they were a bunch of racists. :lol

Republicans had basically the same problem. But because they barely won they did things the right way?

Both parties are going through big changes. The tea party movement when it first started was really not party oriented. Republicans usurped power and now they got a problem. Even if there was one super dominant party it would split.

Thread
02-10-2017, 11:33 PM
Republicans had basically the same problem. But because they barely won they did things the right way?

Both parties are going through big changes. The tea party movement when it first started was really not party oriented. Republicans usurped power and now they got a problem. Even if there was one super dominant party it would split.

"barely"? He mopped the floor with her fuckin' ass.

You got the coasts and that idiot in Chicago.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Short answer: They don't. They have to hope the minorities and lgbt procreate at such a staggering exponential rate to overwhelm the mainstay traditional white Americans before it's too late and those groups no longer have sufficient rights to get anywhere. The libs awakened the sleeping giant and it proved costly this past November and it's only going to get worse for the progressivist flamingos and better for America.

MAGA :toast

ElNono
02-10-2017, 11:42 PM
Doesn't take a lot, tbh... Hopey and Changey... worked the last time...

Thread
02-10-2017, 11:42 PM
Short answer: They don't. They have to hope the minorities and lgbt procreate at such a staggering exponential rate to overwhelm the mainstay traditional white Americans before it's too late and those groups no longer have sufficient rights to get anywhere. The libs awakened the sleeping giant and it proved costly this past November and it's only going to get worse for the progressivist flamingos and better for America.

MAGA :toast

But, additional whites will come out now that they actually see victory and the power it has borne.

Unfortunately blacks/browns will also rise up and enter the voting booth.

No more 50% voting. It will be in excess of 75%. Too much is at stake. Too much has been shown to white &&& black/brown Americans. Before it was hidden behind curtains and smoke. Trump and his victory forced government, Media and institutions to show, to expose their cards and machinations. To pull back the curtain and show how the "sausage" is made. It's ugly, it's corrupt, it's vulgar, but, we had to see.

"Was blind, but now I see."

pgardn
02-10-2017, 11:43 PM
"barely"? He mopped the floor with her fuckin' ass.

You got the coasts and that idiot in Chicago.

No sir. That's just wrong.

You got my idiot state of Texas to go with your coast bovine residue.
Are you saying the election was not close.
If so you are dead wrong.

So Thread went to bed at 7 pm knowing the election was over.

Spurminator
02-10-2017, 11:44 PM
Opposite of that tbh. Job creation/prosperity helps the party in power.

Agreed, but they can win power back with Obama-levels of straight white men in the meantime. While in power, a better focus on heartland economies will help them keep it.

Thread
02-10-2017, 11:46 PM
No sir. That's just wrong.

You got my idiot state of Texas to go with your coast bovine residue.
Are you saying the election was not close.
If so you are dead wrong.

So Thread went to bed at 7 pm knowing the election was over.

Well, for the love of Christ, Media would not surrender Pennsylvania for hours at 98% precincts reporting and him up big time. They knew if that fell he'd be at 264.

You got fuckin' smoked, daddy. Like a big, fat Cuban.

pgardn
02-10-2017, 11:51 PM
Well, for the love of Christ, Media would not surrender Pennsylvania for hours at 98% precincts reporting and him up big time. They knew if that fell he'd be at 264.

You got fuckin' smoked, daddy. Like a big, fat Cuban.

The swing states were very close and hair got beat in the popular vote ya moron.
If you think this country is all in behind Trump and he has some mandate, fungus has eaten your brain.
The presidential election was close.
Period, end of delusion for you. This ain't some movie you wrote a heroic Nazi script for.

Thread
02-10-2017, 11:56 PM
The swing states were very close and hair got beat in the popular vote ya moron.
If you think this country is all in behind Trump and he has some mandate, fungus has eaten your brain.
The presidential election was close.
Period, end of delusion for you. This ain't some movie.

And a lot of his lost states were close. It doesn't matter. He destroyed that wall twixt New York & Minnesota when they said he had no chance. "Don't even bother going to vote."

He didn't even have to fuck around in CA., NY., or IL. That's a blessing.

"You" can go to Texas till your blue in the face. It will never go Democrat.

Instead of working for it, you tried to talk him out of it. Uh, uh.

SnakeBoy
02-10-2017, 11:57 PM

This is somewhat true. The reason I wanted Trump was because I thought he would speed along realignment of the GOP, never thought he was going to win. Now they find themselves unexpectedly in full power and they have to figure out what to do with it. I think Trump's biggest battles will be within the GOP.

Democrats are way behind the curve because they thought they were winning when they were actually losing the whole time. Moderates were basically purged from the party under Obama. At the moment it looks like all they can think to do is cater to their most loyal base because that's what they think the TEA party was for the GOP. They're wrong about that though.

In our two party system you'll never see either party split though. The opposing party will just realign itself eventually to be competitive again. Looks like the Dems will have to spend some time in the wilderness before that happens. Although you never know how quickly things can change.

pgardn
02-11-2017, 12:01 AM
And a lot of his lost states were close. It doesn't matter. He destroyed that wall twixt New York & Minnesota when they said he had no chance. "Don't even bother going to vote."

He didn't even have to fuck around in CA., NY., or IL. That's a blessing.

"You" can go to Texas till your blue in the face. It will never go Democrat.

Instead of working for it, you tried to talk him out of it. Uh, uh.

It does not matter what people predicted. So because they predicted a Hillary landslide then it must have been a Trumo landslide because he won? Nope. That won't get off the ground. Don't lie and change results based on expectations.

The election was close, case closed.

As as far as Texas, it will go blue, but you will probably be dead in 12 years,so there's that.

Thread
02-11-2017, 12:04 AM
It does not matter what people predicted. So because they predicted a Hillary landslide then it must have been a Trumo landslide because he won? Nope. That won't get off the ground. Don't lie and change results based on expectations.

The election was close, case closed.

As as far as Texas, it will go blue, but you will probably be dead in 12 years,so there's that.

You ain't closing any cases on this berg, bub.

You got whooped bad and I ain't ever lettin' your ass forget it. And neither is Trump. I don't blame him one bit for reliving that victory 5 days a week, sometimes all 7. We're gonna dance on your graves till there are no more tomorrows.

pgardn
02-11-2017, 12:09 AM
You ain't closing any cases on this berg, bub.

You got whooped bad and I ain't ever lettin' your forget it.

Tell yourself that while you have a few years left. We need to lie to ourselves when we are old I guess.
I cant help that you use hallucinogenic mushrooms in your salad. But if it makes you feel good, go for it.

Meanwhile back in reality land, we have a divided country.

ElNono
02-11-2017, 12:13 AM
This is somewhat true. The reason I wanted Trump was because I thought he would speed along realignment of the GOP, never thought he was going to win. Now they find themselves unexpectedly in full power and they have to figure out what to do with it. I think Trump's biggest battles will be within the GOP.

Democrats are way behind the curve because they thought they were winning when they were actually losing the whole time. Moderates were basically purged from the party under Obama. At the moment it looks like all they can think to do is cater to their most loyal base because that's what they think the TEA party was for the GOP. They're wrong about that though.

In our two party system you'll never see either party split though. The opposing party will just realign itself eventually to be competitive again. Looks like the Dems will have to spend some time in the wilderness before that happens. Although you never know how quickly things can change.

Introspection is the hardest thing to do for parties, tbh... Dems were lucky to avoid doing it when Magic Negro showed up to pull a Trump before Donny did (and so, as you say, probably weren't aware of their precariousness).

But the GOP isn't off the hook either, IMO. This election was like Mondale vs Mondale. The two shittiest candidates I can remember. The hope is that such terrible process (including the rigging job on the Dems side) forces more than just 30% of eligible voters to get involved in the primary process.

There's also one good thing that comes from losing, and you've seen this in the GOP too: there should now be a much bigger gamut of candidates on the Democratic side to pick from. Heck, arguably, the more you lose the more options you get.

Wild Cobra
02-11-2017, 12:22 AM
Because that's the most hated demographic amongst "progressives".

Go

Maybe they need to stop trying to effeminate men for starters.

Thread
02-11-2017, 12:24 AM
Introspection is the hardest thing to do for parties, tbh... Dems were lucky to avoid doing it when Magic Negro showed up to pull a Trump before Donny did (and so, as you say, probably weren't aware of their precariousness).

But the GOP isn't off the hook either, IMO. This election was like Mondale vs Mondale. The two shittiest candidates I can remember. The hope is that such terrible process (including the rigging job on the Dems side) forces more than just 30% of eligible voters to get involved in the primary process.

There's also one good thing that comes from losing, and you've seen this in the GOP too: there should now be a much bigger gamut of candidates on the Democratic side to pick from. Heck, arguably, the more you lose the more options you get.

& for all mankind.

El
El
El

Wild Cobra
02-11-2017, 12:27 AM
Run a fair primary.

I would have paid more attention, and possible voted for Sanders. I only voted for Trump as a vote against Clinton.

ElNono
02-11-2017, 12:28 AM
& for all mankind.

El
El
El

It's always a good thing to do though. Time is a miserable thing that will eventually make you catch up with it.

Thread
02-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Tell yourself that while you have a few years left. We need to lie to ourselves when we are old I guess.
I cant help that you use hallucinogenic mushrooms in your salad. But if it makes you feel good, go for it.

Meanwhile back in reality land, we have a divided country.

And Obama stomped a mudhole thru the hairline crack that Clinton had initiated. The one Bush had ever so carefully kept hopping over for 8 years.

Obama(s) knew exactly how to separate a tenuous line to a full blown valley.

"It's the first time I've ever been proud to be an American." Obama's wife opening day '08.
"Now we know what it's like to have no hope again." Obama's wife last day '16.

Old man Obama? A fuckin' disgrace to set black man against white man instead of using those 8 years to drag us by the naps of our black & white necks to the same spot on earth. "We ain't leavin' till we leave together."

That would have been too much toil and trouble, too much work, too much risk, too much to lose, too much to gain. Instead? He did what he did.

Thread
02-11-2017, 12:34 AM
It's always a good thing to do though. Time is a miserable thing that will eventually make you catch up with it.

Once & again:::

El

baseline bum
02-11-2017, 12:34 AM
Democrats are way behind the curve because they thought they were winning when they were actually losing the whole time. Moderates were basically purged from the party under Obama.

That's ridiculous, the Democrats ran a moderate in Clinton.

Thread
02-11-2017, 12:36 AM

If she's moderate I'm 25 years old.

ElNono
02-11-2017, 12:50 AM

You could argue she was a moderate in economic issues... but she also had a big baggage of different positions in other areas, like military or even socially.

But then again, she was such a fake, it was hard to tell if she stood in any of those position for anything but convenience.

You're not necessarily wrong that the Dems ran her as a 'moderate', but the actual question is anybody actually bought she was one.

Clipper Nation
02-11-2017, 12:52 AM
They can't. But straight white men are just the first of many voting blocs the Dems are going to alienate as they spiral further into radicalism and irrelevance. I think the Democrats are a lot closer to where the UK Labour Party already is under Corbyn than where either major party in America usually is after getting crushed in an election. It's not just that the Democrats lost - they have almost no political power, no bench, and are controlled by the lunatic fringe. And instead of picking up on the obvious cues that the American people sent them at the ballot box, they're quadrupling down on the same insanity that has led them to their current situation.

ElNono
02-11-2017, 12:55 AM
But I will also disagree with the notion that 'Moderates were basically purged from the party under Obama.'. That's baloney, Barry was as moderate as they come.

His campaign contributions came from Goldman Sachs and when the ACA had to be written, he damn well called all BigPharma and Insurance Cos to get in on the con.

On the other hand, Benji hated him (not a terrible thing in my book), and he sure paid lip service to the 'masses' quite a bit, but other than cash for clunkers and a few other select areas, there was little traction.

DMX7
02-11-2017, 12:57 AM
We really need Frederick Douglass to continue doing a great job. He's really starting to get recognized. He can unite us all!

ElNono
02-11-2017, 01:01 AM
Also, sometimes you gotta sit back and let the other party get full of themselves, slip and screw up, tbh... We've seen this repeated ad nauseum, even just solely in the past 20 years or so...

baseline bum
02-11-2017, 01:02 AM
You could argue she was a moderate in economic issues... but she also had a big baggage of different positions in other areas, like military or even socially.

But then again, she was such a fake, it was hard to tell if she stood in any of those position for anything but convenience.

You're not necessarily wrong that the Dems ran her as a 'moderate', but the actual question is anybody actually bought she was one.

Well her husband is the one who dragged the Democrats back to the center after they had been getting their asses kicked with liberals like Carter and Dukakis in national elections. Bill was certainly center right economically, evidenced by his signing of NAFTA, giving China most favored nation trade status, and the way he let Greenspan go nuts. It's hard to believe Hillary would be any different. And militarily how was Clinton on the left? She was a huge warhawk pushing to go into Iraq and then her :lol no-fly zones in Syria :lol

The only thing she was to the left on was social crap so she could court the black vote her husband enjoyed. LOL when people bring up her free college crap as if that wasn't an empty promise she'd never be called on since she'd have a Republican house had she won.

baseline bum
02-11-2017, 01:06 AM
But I will also disagree with the notion that 'Moderates were basically purged from the party under Obama.'. That's baloney, Barry was as moderate as they come.

It's false equivalence crap from the rightwing media (eg Fox News, Clear Channel, NY Post, etc) to try to counter the critique that the Republicans have been moving to the right for 3 decades. Until Trump, he's not particularly conservative, more a nationalist strongman in the mold of Hitler.

ElNono
02-11-2017, 01:14 AM
Well her husband is the one who dragged the Democrats back to the center after they had been getting their asses kicked with liberals like Carter and Dukakis in national elections. Bill was certainly center right economically, evidenced by his signing of NAFTA, giving China most favored nation trade status, and the way he let Greenspan go nuts. It's hard to believe Hillary would be any different. And militarily how was Clinton on the left? She was a huge warhawk pushing to go into Iraq and then her :lol no-fly zones in Syria :lol

The only thing she was to the left on was social crap so she could court the black vote her husband enjoyed. LOL when people bring up her free college crap as if that wasn't an empty promise she'd never be called on since she'd have a Republican house had she won.

But that's what I'm saying, everybody knew she was a neocon warhawk, and that she really didn't mean/care about the plight of :cry muh brothas :cry and :cry muh gays :cry...

I mean, if you're going to box her with the 'moderate' label, she had to have something that you can point and say, "ok, she's really moderate about THIS". But I dare you find that one thing. Even on economics she flipped on the TPP when it was clear it was going to be a terrible political position.

Barry had it at least with the brothas (you could argue he didn't do shit for them, but I thought he at least appeared credible in that sense).

ElNono
02-11-2017, 01:24 AM
It's false equivalence crap from the rightwing media (eg Fox News, Clear Channel, NY Post, etc) to try to counter the critique that the Republicans have been moving to the right for 3 decades. Until Trump, he's not particularly conservative, more a nationalist strongman in the mold of Hitler.

Trump played the right playbook, tbh, and I think people don't want to give him enough credit for it. They won't admit or didn't notice, but the first thing he did was say he wasn't touching Medicare, Social Security, etc. I don't know how this escaped the Mitt Romneys of this world before him, but it's an unwritten rule. Heck, talking about expanding might hurt you too. Now, he doesn't have to keep that promise (and he'll cause the GOP Congress some heartburn if he plans to keep it), but it's one of those cards that have been played terribly by previous GOP presidential candidates.

baseline bum
02-11-2017, 01:24 AM
But that's what I'm saying, everybody knew she was a neocon warhawk, and that she really didn't mean/care about the plight of :cry muh brothas :cry and :cry muh gays :cry...

I mean, if you're going to box her with the 'moderate' label, she had to have something that you can point and say, "ok, she's really moderate about THIS". But I dare you find that one thing. Even on economics she flipped on the TPP when it was clear it was going to be a terrible political position.

Barry had it at least with the brothas (you could argue he didn't do shit for them, but I thought he at least appeared credible in that sense).

Just pointing out she is in no way hard line left like the right wing media tries to portray her. If the Democrats wanted a liberal they could have nominated Sanders.

ElNono
02-11-2017, 01:28 AM
Just pointing out she is in no way hard line left like the right wing media tries to portray her. If the Democrats wanted a liberal they could have nominated Sanders.

Agreed. She was more of a, I don't know what she was. She was what you wanted to hear at any given time. Unlike Bernie, she exuded "I want power". Not that Trump didn't too.

At any rate, I agree that the notion of moderates being alienated by the Dems is mistaken. Now, if the Dems come back with more Clinton, then sure, as I said in another thread, that would be another self-inflicted wound.

Mitch
02-11-2017, 01:44 AM
Dems need to stop being far left fiscally, tbh. As much shit they get for being socially liberal, that's really not their issue right now. Moderates want fiscal responsibility, if Hillary didn't seem like she was going to fuck the economy up even more she'd probably have won a few more states like the rust belt and Florida.

ElNono
02-11-2017, 01:58 AM
Dems need to stop being far left fiscally, tbh. As much shit they get for being socially liberal, that's really not their issue right now. Moderates want fiscal responsibility, if Hillary didn't seem like she was going to fuck the economy up even more she'd probably have won a few more states like the rust belt and Florida.

I don't completely disagree, but I don't even think it's entirely about fiscal responsibility. There's some of that, but at the same time, the biggest demographics of eligible voters are boomers/gen-x, and they want fiscal responsibility without touching their Medicare/SS, and that's been going on for years. IMO, the economic big elephant in the room this election was jobs. It's not that they're necessarily not there, it's that they're shitty and we can't compete in a globalized economy. Even the whole services and IT industries, which have always been relatively well paid, have been decimated lately with offshoring. These are metropolitan people, which the Dems can't afford to lose votes from.

Mitch
02-11-2017, 02:48 AM
I don't completely disagree, but I don't even think it's entirely about fiscal responsibility. There's some of that, but at the same time, the biggest demographics of eligible voters are boomers/gen-x, and they want fiscal responsibility without touching their Medicare/SS, and that's been going on for years. IMO, the economic big elephant in the room this election was jobs. It's not that they're necessarily not there, it's that they're shitty and we can't compete in a globalized economy. Even the whole services and IT industries, which have always been relatively well paid, have been decimated lately with offshoring. These are metropolitan people, which the Dems can't afford to lose votes from.

Yep, jobs was a key issue but this election was close - I think the easiest adjustment Hillary and the dems could have made was centering fiscally. That wouldn't compromise their base, but Hillary went the other way to try winning Bernie's people :lol

Wild Cobra
02-11-2017, 03:02 AM

She was maybe the middle left, but not the middle.

Middle left is a liberal moderate!

z0sa
02-11-2017, 03:06 AM
A lot less identity politics and none of Hillary style "we just cant."

ElNono
02-11-2017, 04:27 AM
Yep, jobs was a key issue but this election was close - I think the easiest adjustment Hillary and the dems could have made was centering fiscally. That wouldn't compromise their base, but Hillary went the other way to try winning Bernie's people :lol

The easiest adjustment the Dems could've done was send Clinton packing, tbh... they should've learned that after Barry sent her on her merry way, and looking ahead, they should keep her as far away as possible. Also while Barry ended his presidency with somewhat of a respectable approval rating, he's past history too. Need to move on from that. They have decent, younger choices to pick from, and frankly, since dubya, we've seen now two presidents come from relative obscurity, politically speaking. Unless Trump kills that trend, this is the relative 'outsider' era, more than the 'team colors' era of yesteryear.

I understand people being excited about this election, like it's some sort of omen of how things are going to be from now on, but a mere 8 years ago, Congress and the Executive were both controlled by Dems, largely thanks to a fucked up GOP administration. Before that administration, you had a Dem prez with a GOP Congress. Things change, and generations change too.

So, you know, I always hope whoever is in power does well, that's always the better option for everybody, but this isn't the 80s, and the vast majority of people ain't married to a team color anymore, IMO. You'll always have the ideologues that group into the bases, but the guys that are eventually going to flip the election one way or the other end up voting with a hand in their pockets, or some other specific reason du jour. I know people have berated me before for saying this, with this thing is in a lot of ways a popularity contest. Things like swagger and looks and charisma and zingers shouldn't theoretically matter, but you can tell (both from Barry fans and Trump fans) that they absolutely do.

ElNono
02-11-2017, 04:30 AM
She was maybe the middle left, but not the middle.

Middle left is a liberal moderate!

No way. If I had to place her in the political spectrum, she was basically dubya's 3rd term.

She spoke about free healthcare, free college, teh gays, the bros... but none of that was genuine, IMO (outside the warhawk neocon, which is pretty well established, it's difficult to really get a read that she really stood for anything outside "I want to live in the WH again").

Th'Pusher
02-11-2017, 08:43 AM

This is bullshit. Even with her giveaways, her proposals were more "fiscally conservative" than Trump's.

DMC
02-11-2017, 09:12 AM
As a straight white man who runs in fairly progressive circles, I can honestly say I have never once felt hated or persecuted in any way and I'm baffled that any straight white man would feel persecuted unless he (1) watches way too much Fox News, (2) has a shitty life that he's blaming others for, or (3) is a super-sensitive little ninny.

:lol you just persecuted white males in your response

DMC
02-11-2017, 09:15 AM
This is bullshit. Even with her giveaways, her proposals were more "fiscally conservative" than Trump's.

Hillary's run was like some 2nd season of a series that had closure in the 1st season - She spent too much political capital in the private sector with folks she was diametrically opposed to during her campaign. Even then, few expected Trump to win and almost no one with their finger on the pulse of the voting base had a clue so let's not act like we have the answers after the fact. Americans are not only disconnected from politics, but from other Americans as well.

Th'Pusher
02-11-2017, 09:21 AM
Hillary's run was like some 2nd season of a series that had closure in the 1st season - She spent too much political capital in the private sector with folks she was diametrically opposed to during her campaign. Even then, few expected Trump to win and almost no one with their finger on the pulse of the voting base had a clue so let's not act like we have the answers after the fact. Americans are not only disconnected from politics, but from other Americans as well.

Ok. Not sure why you quoted me as that had nothing to with the fact that Hillary ran on a more fiscally conservative platform than Donald.

DarrinS
02-11-2017, 09:52 AM
This DNC Chair candidate has a good plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRFBhCGwiag

mavsfan1000
02-11-2017, 10:55 AM
Maybe if they would stop calling us white privilege and pulling the race card out all the time rather than rational discussions.

boutons_deux
02-11-2017, 10:55 AM
Obama smashed McLiar and Bishop Gekko while losing white men and white men's identity politics.

Demographics are, have been, will be against the Repugs, which is why Repugs gerrymander insanely and disenfranchise everywhere they have power.

DarrinS
02-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Demographics are, have been, will be against the Repugs, which is why Repugs gerrymander insantely and disenfranchise everywhere they have power.

This appears to be the current strategy.

mavsfan1000
02-11-2017, 11:06 AM
Obama smashed McLiar and Bishop Gekko while losing white men and white men's identity politics.

Demographics are, have been, will be against the Repugs, which is why Repugs gerrymander insantely and disenfranchise everywhere they have power.
Are you ok?

florige
02-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Which was really a dumb strategy being as though Bernie's hardcore's were not voting for her after they felt like they had been robbed no matter how much she pandered to them.

Thread
02-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Which was really a dumb strategy being as though Bernie's hardcore's were not voting for her after they felt like they had been robbed no matter how much she pandered to them.

Flo

Clipper Nation
02-11-2017, 02:29 PM
:lol I like how Democrats brag about having to change the demographics of the country to keep winning. In reality, that means they've pissed off too many of the people who were already here. That's not really something to be proud of.

mavsfan1000
02-11-2017, 02:39 PM
:lol I like how Democrats brag about having to change the demographics of the country to keep winning. In reality, that means they've pissed off too many of the people who were already here. That's not really something to be proud of.
+1

Spurminator
02-11-2017, 02:50 PM
:lol you just persecuted white males in your response

How?

You must be #3...

ElNono
02-11-2017, 03:37 PM

Plus, the whole "identity" politics works a lot better if you actually have candidates these demographics can identify with. When Barry ran, it was crystal clear. When you're running a platform of two white people, at least one of which has zero credibility, and picks another white guy to run with her, it's a lot harder to sell to these other demographics "we got your back", IMO.

TheSanityAnnex
02-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Plus, the whole "identity" politics works a lot better if you actually have candidates these demographics can identify with. When Barry ran, it was crystal clear. When you're running a platform of two white people, at least one of which has zero credibility, and picks another white guy to run with her, it's a lot harder to sell to these other demographics "we got your back", IMO.
"we got your back, and please just forget about all your fathers my husband imprisoned"

SnakeBoy
02-11-2017, 04:26 PM

I'm talking about the House & Senate. Every time this topic comes up Democrats act like just winning the WH is all that's needed. That's why I think it's funny to see liberals melting down because Hillary lost but they act like they would be content if Hillary won but the GOP kept racking up power in the house and at the state level.

This was the cycle that Dems should have made gains. The upcoming midterms look rough for them. I think I heard they have 10 vulnerable Senate seats up.

baseline bum
02-11-2017, 04:57 PM
I'm talking about the House & Senate. Every time this topic comes up Democrats act like just winning the WH is all that's needed. That's why I think it's funny to see liberals melting down because Hillary lost but they act like they would be content if Hillary won but the GOP kept racking up power in the house and at the state level.

This was the cycle that Dems should have made gains. The upcoming midterms look rough for them. I think I heard they have 10 vulnerable Senate seats up.

In the House they have a disadvantage because of both gerrymandering and the urban concentration of their votes, so yeah that's a problem. The Senate was lost almost entirely because of Clinton.

monosylab1k
02-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Just the passing of time. This is the way America has worked since it's beginning - the younger generation is more progressive, things start changing for the better, the older generation pushes back, then eventually they die and things keep moving slowly in the right direction. It was foolish to think this country could move ahead at a faster pace than it's been going. And in 30 years or so, Millenials will be the ones called old bigoted assholes by the even more progressive younger generation.

Thread
02-11-2017, 05:11 PM
Just the passing of time. This is the way America has worked since it's beginning - the younger generation is more progressive, things start changing for the better, the older generation pushes back, then eventually they die and things keep moving slowly in the right direction. It was foolish to think this country could move ahead at a faster pace than it's been going. And in 30 years or so, Millenials will be the ones called old bigoted assholes by the even more progressive younger generation.

That is such a crock of shit. (I) was part of that "younger generation" that (start changing for the better). Once (we) got that change (we) made sure to cut the bridge behind us so nobody else could siphon from said change.

That's what Trump was telling (us) in his Inauguration speech. The fucks seated behind him, Clinton, Bush, Obama had fucked us for decades. You're just too empty a vessel to listen to him.

monosylab1k
02-11-2017, 05:18 PM
That is such a crock of shit. (I) was part of that "younger generation" that (start changing for the better). Once (we) got that change (we) made sure to cut the bridge behind us so nobody else could siphon from said change.

That's what Trump was telling (us) in his Inauguration speech. The fucks seated behind him, Clinton, Bush, Obama had fucked us for decades. You're just too empty a vessel to listen to him.

Sounds like you're an old man in denial. Enjoy this presidency, enjoy the power. Sincerely, enjoy it, because you won't have it for much longer. Your generation will be dead and forgotten as the younger generation fixes your fuckups. Then it will be our turn to face the music. And like (you), I doubt (we) will give it up without a fight. But (we) will be forced to give it up, to be reviled by the young, to die, to be forgotten, and left in the dust of a better society as well.

Thread
02-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Sounds like you're an old man in denial. Enjoy this presidency, enjoy the power. Sincerely, enjoy it, because you won't have it for much longer. Your generation will be dead and forgotten as the younger generation fixes your fuckups. Then it will be our turn to face the music. And like (you), I doubt (we) will give it up without a fight. But (we) will be forced to give it up, to be reviled by the young, to die, to be forgotten, and left in the dust of a better society as well.

Oh, you gd rights I'm going to enjoy it. Every fucking second of it, and as long as it lasts.

Trump mopped the fucking floor with Hillary's fat ass. ha, ha.

boutons_deux
02-11-2017, 05:27 PM
PVL so-called Pres Don The Con Trash was elected by Assange leaking emails for months, and Comey trashing Hillary twice.

Splits
02-11-2017, 05:28 PM
The object of terrorism is terrorism. The object of oppression is oppression. The object of torture is torture. The object of murder is murder. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?

Splits
02-11-2017, 05:28 PM
Oh, you gd rights I'm going to enjoy it. Every fucking second of it, and as long as it lasts.

he lost by 3 million votes

boutons_deux
02-11-2017, 05:32 PM

he won the EC by 80K votes in 130M+

Thread
02-11-2017, 05:37 PM

And I'm 25 years old.

Thread
02-11-2017, 05:38 PM
he won the EC by 80K votes in 130M+

+ all you had to do was turn 1/2 that 80K and this afternoon you'd be topsy & Dale would be turvy.

tee, hee.

Splits
02-11-2017, 05:40 PM
And I'm 25 years old.

fake news. he lost by 3 million votes

TheSanityAnnex
02-11-2017, 06:40 PM
PVL so-called Pres Don The Con Trash was elected by Assange leaking emails for months, and Comey trashing Hillary twice.
Were the leaked emails doctored yes or no?

TheSanityAnnex
02-11-2017, 06:42 PM
What did Hillary win with 3 million more votes?

pgardn
02-11-2017, 09:29 PM
What did Hillary win with 3 million more votes?

The popular vote.

pgardn
02-11-2017, 09:32 PM

Two really awful candidates and one had to win.

Dont pretend this is some sort of mandate for being old and smelly. You are big on internal truth. Live with the facts.

pgardn
02-11-2017, 09:33 PM
fake news. he lost by 3 million votes

Which is still a close election.
Which Trump won. We know the rules,Hillary knew the rules.

SnakeBoy
02-11-2017, 09:48 PM
In the House they have a disadvantage because of both gerrymandering and the urban concentration of their votes, so yeah that's a problem. The Senate was lost almost entirely because of Clinton.

Ok. I guess all is well for the Democrats. Just need a better candidate.

boutons_deux
02-12-2017, 10:38 AM
Which is still a close election.
Which Trump won. We know the rules,Hillary knew the rules.

your blindly looking at votes ignores Assange and Comey. What "rules" were they following?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/Presidents_-_PartyVotes_%282016_election_update%29.png

pgardn
02-12-2017, 10:51 AM
your blindly looking at votes ignores Assange and Comey. What "rules" were they following?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/Presidents_-_PartyVotes_%282016_election_update%29.png

She lost to a man who claimed to grab women parts because he had fame...
She was obviously not popular.
Just stop it with your whining. Two very unpopular people, yet someone had to win.

boutons_deux
02-12-2017, 10:58 AM
She lost to a man who claimed to grab women parts because he had fame...
She was obviously not popular.
Just stop it with your whining. Two very unpopular people, yet someone had to win.

Whining? Comey, Assange, GFY

pgardn
02-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Whining? Comey, Assange, GFY

Yes, whining like a suckling little bitch.

You are part of the reason Democrats are not governing.

boutons_deux
02-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Yes, whining like a suckling little bitch.

You are part of the reason Democrats are not governing.

your takes are always so fucking wrong, best of luck

Winehole23
02-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Dems will have to decide what they're for besides identitarian politics and rule by technocratic elites. that'll mean finding ways to unite people and fighting to make their lives better. protecting the weak from the strong instead of the reverse would be a good start.

singling out straight white men won't work.

Thread
02-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Dems will have to decide what they're for besides identitarian politics and rule by technocratic elites. that'll mean finding ways to unite people and fighting to make their lives better. protecting the weak from the strong instead of the reverse would be a good start.

...but, it's all they know. And they won't stop running as fast as they can long enough to even attempt introspection(El).

& I'll tell you true, it's absolutely fantastic that they lost to Trump. They still have not come to terms with that cataclysmic reality. They remain in a state of utter shock, hence the [running as fast as they can] phenomenon. In a society that has proudly proclaimed that the next 5 minutes is at many times interminable the thought of the next 4 years is impossible. Again, that is why they're running in the streets like madmen.

z0sa
02-12-2017, 03:32 PM

Less identity politics means a leap of faith in humanity. Most Democratic lawmakers are as bad as Republicans when it comes to distrusting their electorate.

Splits
02-13-2017, 03:24 PM

boutons_deux
02-13-2017, 03:29 PM
Less identity politics means a leap of faith in humanity.

white males are obsessed with their own identity politics, as if they were being persecuted instead of being privileged top dogs.

Hilarious that only blacks, browns, women, etc are accused of identity politics, and accused by the white males, who push their identity has hard as anyone.

Thread
02-13-2017, 03:29 PM
white males are obsessed with their own identity politics, as if they were being persecuted instead of being privileged top dogs.

Hilarious that only blacks, browns, women, etc are accused of identity politics, and accused by the white males, who push their identity has hard as anyone.

At least we don't vote in 90% blocks.

TheSanityAnnex
02-13-2017, 03:44 PM

I can think of another statistic that would plummet if a certain race of males were banned from America.

clambake
02-13-2017, 03:48 PM
I can think of another statistic that would plummet if a certain race of males were banned from America.

serve it up

spurraider21
02-13-2017, 04:08 PM
Pizza boys and child rape?

Trill Clinton
02-13-2017, 04:24 PM

True. I think most of the suspected pizza rapists are white males

Splits
02-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Pizza boys and child rape?

lol

yup

Chucho
02-13-2017, 05:01 PM
Fucking Sean King... :lol:lmao:rollin

Dude is Rachael Dozeal with a micropenis and a tad more retarded, moreso than anyone who takes this joke at any level of seriousness.

vy65
02-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Establish a platform that doesn't require the castigation of any racial cohort (i.e., white men). Understanding that social progress doesn't require "checking privilege." Engaging "the privileged" on egalitarian terms, as opposed to dismissing their views as "mansplaining."

I think most people in this country honestly think social progress is good. I think that they're fine with gays marrying each other, trannies using bathrooms, and women having abortions. That democrats incessantly scream about this -- instead of recognizing that a good chunk of the population struggles to make ends meet -- shows that they've lost touch with reality. There are much more important issues than who uses which bathroom -- and I think that people have been turned off by hearing "privilege!" and "mansplaining" etc... etc...

The answer, I think, is to return to (economic) reality, drop the identity politics bit, and be the smarter party. The last bit shouldn't be that hard when you're on the right side of most social issues, and especially when you have nuts on the conservative side who think vaccines cause autism and the earth is 5,000 years old.

Trill Clinton
02-13-2017, 05:29 PM
Fucking Sean King... :lol:lmao:rollin

Dude is Rachael Dozeal with a micropenis and a tad more retarded, moreso than anyone who takes this joke at any level of seriousness.

Laugh and call him names but he's right *shrug * if he said: if black men were banned from America, gun violence would plummet, I'd agree with that too

The only difference is systematic racism is the cause of most gun violence whIle there is no excuse for pedophilia. It's arguably the most demonic thing another human being can participate in, along with beastiality which is also dominated by our Caucasian brothers.

Chucho
02-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Laugh and call him names but he's right *shrug * if he said: if black men were banned from America, gun violence would plummet, I'd agree with that too

The only difference is systematic racism is the cause of most gun violence whIle there is no excuse for pedophilia. It's arguably the most demonic thing another human being can participate in, along with beastiality which is also dominated by our Caucasian brothers.

LOL. "Systemic racism" makes black dudes pick up the gun and pull the trigger back? :lol:lol:lol

"Systemic racism" :lol:lol

What bullshit. It's nothing more than an inside joke all the Democratic Slave Owners have had installed since they lost the Civil War and that LBJ sent the Propagandists into hyper-overdrive to make blacks and people ignorant of history to keep the Black's completely dependent upon Masa's white teat.

But at the end of the day, nothing more than a self-hating racist making an irrelevant point to continue to rachet up that tension. When there is slack in that racial tension, disgusting frauds like King will be there to coerce the angered black man into a fray.

Thread
02-13-2017, 05:56 PM
LOL. "Systemic racism" makes black dudes pick up the gun and pull the trigger back? :lol:lol:lol

What bullshit. It's nothing more than an inside joke all the Democratic Slave Owners have had installed since they lost the Civil War and that LBJ sent the Propagandists into hyper-overdrive to make blacks and people ignorant of history to keep the Black's completely dependent upon Masa's white teat.

But at the end of the day, nothing more than a self-hating racist making an irrelevant point to continue to rachet up that tension. When there is slack in that racial tension, disgusting frauds like King will be there to coerce the angered black man into a fray.

Chooch

Trill Clinton
02-13-2017, 06:07 PM

But at the end of the day, nothing more than a self-hating racist making an irrelevant point to continue to rachet up that tension. When there is slack in that racial tension, disgusting frauds like King will be there to coerce the angered black man into a fray. what does all of that have to do with the fact that white men are more likely to engage in pedophilia and child sex abuse than any other demographic? love him or hate him, shaun king is right.

clambake
02-13-2017, 06:18 PM
what does all of that have to do with the fact that white men are more likely to engage in pedophilia and child sex abuse than any other demographic? love him or hate him, shaun king is right.

don't argue with a tucker carlson fan.

Adam Lambert
02-13-2017, 07:01 PM

:lol sockpuppet :lol

Chucho
02-13-2017, 07:20 PM
:lol sockpuppet :lol

Said the sock account, who tows his party line while insinuating his posts are to get a handle on Right rhetoric. Mhmmm.

Chucho
02-13-2017, 07:22 PM
don't argue with a tucker carlson fan.

LOL. Couldn't find anyone other than a 10 year old Stewart clip when Tux was in-bed with the Liberal media owning Tux? Did you catch Cavuto telling CNN to enjoy their new role as the "New Fox"? Truf bombs like a mf.

Chucho
02-13-2017, 07:28 PM
what does all of that have to do with the fact that white men are more likely to engage in pedophilia and child sex abuse than any other demographic? love him or hate him, shaun king is right.

That is irrelevant to MY original post that YOU quoted. I laughed at his credibility and his followers. You were talking about white kiddie touchers. So, he was right. So is every Right supporter that isnt a racist that gives stats about black on black crime but you and Liberals call them names. So? Its ok for you to prop your dude's up, regardless if they are fraudulent dirty little race baiters, but not the Right? Got it.

Work on makeling sure you're on point with what's relevant when you quote someone quoting a deplorable racist fraud cashing in on ignorance and violence due to his and his White bretherens plans.

TheSanityAnnex
02-13-2017, 07:29 PM
monosylab1k debunked your claim five years ago. When adjusted for percent of the population black males are actually more likely than white males. I believe Indians were #1 though.

clambake
02-13-2017, 07:36 PM
LOL. Couldn't find anyone other than a 10 year old Stewart clip when Tux was in-bed with the Liberal media owning Tux? Did you catch Cavuto telling CNN to enjoy their new role as the "New Fox"? Truf bombs like a mf.

listen, i don't have a horse in this race like you do. i just watch from the cheap seats. you just said it yourself that he has been a hack forever.

a funny guy said this and i think he's talking about you:

"the best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with an average voter."

Adam Lambert
02-13-2017, 07:39 PM
Said the sock account, who tows his party line while insinuating his posts are to get a handle on Right rhetoric. Mhmmm.

i don't know what that last part means but make sure dmc thanks you for picking up his slack while he was out

Dirk Oneanddoneski
02-13-2017, 09:27 PM

Not exactly according to the FBI

http://i.imgur.com/15pWdym.jpg

Dirk Oneanddoneski
02-13-2017, 09:28 PM

They're all Jews

TheSanityAnnex
02-13-2017, 09:57 PM
What's up Toliath@ckdja

TeyshaBlue
02-13-2017, 10:12 PM

Im not sure how you are trying to draw proportional stats from a representational data set. This is the simple error King continually makes.

TheSanityAnnex
02-13-2017, 10:12 PM

He finally found the ONE crime statistic where blacks don't dominate and it's the one that involves black males being around children

:rollin

da_suns_fan
02-13-2017, 11:36 PM
Is Marc Cuban even a remote possibility?

Splits
02-13-2017, 11:51 PM
Is Flynn straight?

da_suns_fan
02-13-2017, 11:55 PM
Its a definite problem. I think things only got worse with Obama and black lives matter movement. Basically started with the Skip Gates fiasco and got worse.

Basically, you would need a Dem to come out and say "Dont argue with police officers. Period. If they tell you to sit down. Sit down etc."

Of course, how does someone who says that get the Dem nomination?

mavsfan1000
02-14-2017, 05:27 AM

Enjoy the ride. This is our time. :D

pgardn
02-14-2017, 09:49 AM
Enjoy the ride. This is our time. :D

Democrats win back votes by watching the utterly incompetent take the reins.
Enjoy the ride.

Now what you set up is a bunch of bureaucrats having to come in and save your ass. The very swamp you tried to drain...now you need that swamp because you don't know wtf you are doing.
Fckn nitwit.

And Boots celebrates the chaos. Just wonderful...

Thread
02-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Enjoy the ride.

Now what you set up is a bunch of bureaucrats having to come in and save your ass. The very swamp you tried to drain...now you need that swamp because you don't know wtf you are doing.
Fckn nitwit.

And you're gonna jockey right in there and set up shop, just like the good old days.

Get everything back the way it was---takin' turns fuckin' us.

pgardn
02-14-2017, 10:04 AM
And you're gonna jockey right in there and set up shop, just like the good old days.

Get everything back the way it was---takin' turns fuckin' us.

No actually.
I am fckn tired of Hillary and her ability to walk the line of the law. I'm tired of people testing what they can get away with. This is really not good at all. There is no celebration here. We need ideas and self sacrifice. These two are in short supply. But understand this:

This white supremacy BS has got to end. I work with too many talented people of color. No brain wasting due to this fkn color hang up. None. Fck that shit.

Work now.
Time to do something useful.

Splits
02-14-2017, 10:08 AM
No actually.
I am fckn tired of Hillary and her ability to walk the line of the law. I'm tired of people testing what they can get away with. This is really not good at all. There is no celebration here. We need ideas and self sacrifice. These two are in short supply. But understand this:

This white supremacy BS has got to end. I work with too many talented people of color. No brain wasting due to this fkn color hang up. None. Fck that shit.

Work now.

There's an Atwater quote swimming in Dale's brain.

He's just too pussy to type it.

Thread
02-14-2017, 11:40 AM
No actually.

Work now.

Well, when you're ready c'mon ahead. "the greatest people who has ever trod this earth" are waitin'-been waitin'. &, daddy, we ain't no fuckin' indian.

Thread
02-14-2017, 11:41 AM
There's an Atwater quote swimming in Dale's brain.

He's just too pussy to type it.

You got something on your chest beside your chin get it off. Otherwise continue to hold the line Dale set for ya.

clambake
02-14-2017, 11:49 AM
You got something on your chest beside your chin get it off. Otherwise continue to hold the line Dale set for ya.

"i can't light no more of your darkness"

Thread
02-14-2017, 11:50 AM
"i can't light no more of your darkness"

This is twixt Splits & I, Clammy. Get out of it.

clambake
02-14-2017, 11:52 AM
"frozen here on the ladder of my life"

Chinook
02-14-2017, 12:46 PM

More importantly, he would have had to tweet this from a different country.

Splits
02-14-2017, 12:54 PM
You start out in 1954 by saying, “######, ######, ######.” By 1968 you can't say “######” — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “######, ######.”

Thread
02-14-2017, 12:58 PM
^^^

clambake
02-14-2017, 01:14 PM
"all my pictures seem to fade to black and white"

mavsfan1000
02-14-2017, 01:24 PM
Enjoy the ride.

Fckn nitwit.

And Boots celebrates the chaos. Just wonderful...
President Trump drained the swamp. Not letting dishonesty erode the Administration. Setting the example with Flynn.

Reck
02-14-2017, 01:26 PM
President Trump drained the swamp. Not letting dishonesty erode the Administration. Setting the example with Flynn.

Drained the swamped by filling it to the brim, you mean.

clambake
02-14-2017, 01:27 PM

yeah, he's probably just sitting there playing checkers with his dog and thought "i think i'll call the russians"

Splits
02-14-2017, 01:43 PM
yeah, he's probably just sitting there playing checkers with his dog and thought "i think i'll call the russians"

:lol tbh

Splits
02-14-2017, 01:58 PM
^^^

Don't task me with putting your thoughts to paper, because I just might get it right.

Which I did...

Thread
02-14-2017, 02:15 PM
Don't task me with putting your thoughts to paper, because I just might get it right.

Which I did...

Your stand down is duly noted.

Splits
02-14-2017, 02:16 PM
Your stand down is duly noted.

What did you start out saying in '54?

mavsfan1000
02-14-2017, 02:41 PM
Drained the swamped by filling it to the brim, you mean.
Democrats love to lie. President Trump should've known better.

clambake
02-14-2017, 02:47 PM
Democrats love to lie. President Trump should've known better.

i hope not.

I'm still half full and half empty.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-14-2017, 03:10 PM

The GOP won the WH on identity politics, voter suppression, and rule by financial elites. All hail, Overlord Mnuchin.

Leadership in neither party has substantively changed. Expecting different results with the same variables is foolish.

I have little faith that grass roots movements will result in anything. Tea party didn't accomplish anything long term and are not all but gone. The Dem establishment is orchestrating the current protests making them co-opted from the start.

boutons_deux
02-14-2017, 05:36 PM
"Tea party didn't accomplish anything long term"

... was a Kock Bros financial project.

astro-turf Tea Party got the House Freedom Caucus elected, which got Boner to resign, which has took lead on strictly obstructing EVERYTHING from Obama and thems since 2010 election.

The FC is now refusing anything except total and immediate repeal of ACA.

And Kock Bros are getting Trash's cabinet, and policies, that the Kocks paid for.

Thread
02-14-2017, 05:42 PM
That Mnuchin wife is absolutely gorgeous.