View Full Version : Here's something positive -- Oldest living WWII vet

DarrinS
02-11-2017, 08:31 PM
This dude is a badass. Enjoy

I think he's actually 110 now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXyfCGDnuWs

DMX7
02-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Interestingly there is a women in Italy who was born in 1899 and is still living.

Th'Pusher
02-11-2017, 10:19 PM
TOSBs

UNT Eagles 2016
02-11-2017, 10:50 PM
Interestingly there is a women in Italy who was born in 1899 and is still living.

I remember her from a couple years ago, she eats 4 raw eggs every morning and brews her own kefir yogurt. Emma or Emilia something.

rmt
02-11-2017, 11:21 PM
This dude is a badass. Enjoy

I think he's actually 110 now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXyfCGDnuWs

How beautiful - what a wonderful attitude. Just goes to show when it's (not) your turn to go ... all that smoking and canned food and he's still going.

rmt
02-11-2017, 11:23 PM
I remember her from a couple years ago, she eats 4 raw eggs every morning and brews her own kefir yogurt. Emma or Emilia something.

That's really good stuff - anything fermented.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-12-2017, 01:40 PM
How beautiful - what a wonderful attitude. Just goes to show when it's (not) your turn to go ... all that smoking and canned food and he's still going.
& 4 cups of coffee every morning for the last 60 years & at least a shot of whiskey before bed every night. & he wakes up at 2 - 3 a.m. Just damn good genes

UNT Eagles 2016
02-12-2017, 01:43 PM
That's really good stuff - anything fermented.

I tried it freshman semester of college (fall 2013). It was kind of time consuming and I had to steal a gallon of whole milk from a dorm cafeteria every week which was an agonizing and nerve wracking process. Drank about 24-26 ounces a day. Very delicious and I felt healthy all semester until the bitter end.

But just not worth the time and milk requirements. It worked my freshman semester because I had 15 very easy credit-hours (macro econ, honors poly sci I, college algebra, honors english I, and intro to university studies -- a cupcake schedule) didn't stay in my fraternity very long (about 5 weeks before quitting early October), never got sick, and didn't have a girlfriend that semester. By freshmore/sophomore semester (spring 2014) I had some tougher classes and was sick all February. Partied a lot in the spring and searched for apartments, jobs, and spent a lot of time deciding on major/course track/career. No time for kefir.

DarrinS
02-12-2017, 02:37 PM
& 4 cups of coffee every morning for the last 60 years & at least a shot of whiskey before bed every night. & he wakes up at 2 - 3 a.m. Just damn good genes

And 12 cigars/day and ice cream every day. :lol

rmt
02-12-2017, 03:06 PM
I tried it freshman semester of college (fall 2013). It was kind of time consuming and I had to steal a gallon of whole milk from a dorm cafeteria every week which was an agonizing and nerve wracking process. Drank about 24-26 ounces a day. Very delicious and I felt healthy all semester until the bitter end.

But just not worth the time and milk requirements. It worked my freshman semester because I had 15 very easy credit-hours (macro econ, honors poly sci I, college algebra, honors english I, and intro to university studies -- a cupcake schedule) didn't stay in my fraternity very long (about 5 weeks before quitting early October), never got sick, and didn't have a girlfriend that semester. By freshmore/sophomore semester (spring 2014) I had some tougher classes and was sick all February. Partied a lot in the spring and searched for apartments, jobs, and spent a lot of time deciding on major/course track/career. No time for kefir.

It's way too time-consuming to make it yourself. The easy way is eat yogurt and take probiotics (by pill). I love kim-chee, but dh and dc hate the smell.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-12-2017, 03:40 PM
And 12 cigars/day and ice cream every day. :lol

Although he is active & stays skinny, which probably helps his longevity over someone who lies in bed watching TV all day

UNT Eagles 2016
02-12-2017, 03:42 PM
It's way too time-consuming to make it yourself. The easy way is eat yogurt and take probiotics (by pill). I love kim-chee, but dh and dc hate the smell.

The only store-bought yogurt that's actually worth eating for health benefits (i.e. Greek yogurt) is just too damn expensive per amount you get though. Making it yourself is actually the best, cheapest, tastiest and most self satisfying way. It's just so time consuming.

rmt
02-12-2017, 05:17 PM
The only store-bought yogurt that's actually worth eating for health benefits (i.e. Greek yogurt) is just too damn expensive per amount you get though. Making it yourself is actually the best, cheapest, tastiest and most self satisfying way. It's just so time consuming.

It's always a trade-off of money and time. I'd buy the big container of plain, GRASS-FED yogurt and add my own fruit. What's so special about greek yogurt?

UNT Eagles 2016
02-12-2017, 05:35 PM
It's always a trade-off of money and time. I'd buy the big container of plain, GRASS-FED yogurt and add my own fruit. What's so special about greek yogurt?
Probiotics? The standard store bought yogurt is over-processed and pretty much completely devoid of acidophilius and other GI helper microbiotics. Granted, store bought Greek yogurt is still somewhat processed but it's somewhat better. Not nearly as good as making your own though.