PDA

View Full Version : According to twitter, Joel Anthony has been signed for the reminder of the..

apalisoc_9
02-12-2017, 10:25 AM
Season...

No confirmation yet. Just got the PM an hour ago.

Spurs9
02-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Was it tspense by chance?

02-12-2017, 10:48 AM
:lol

ace3g
02-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Shams Charania Verified account ‏@ShamsCharania (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania)

The Spurs have signed veteran center Joel Anthony for the remainder of the season, league sources tell @TheVertical (https://twitter.com/TheVertical). Second 10-day expired.

Bobby Marks Verified account ‏@BobbyMarks42 (https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42)

Bobby Marks Retweeted Shams Charania
$346k cap hit for San Antonio on the rest of the season contract. Anthony in total will earn $498k.

jiggy_55
02-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Ugh.

TheGreatYacht
02-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Today's PATFO :lmao

:pop: Now we have two fatheads to balance each side of the bench

spursistan
02-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Watch this washed nigga play over Dedmon in the playoffs :lmao

spursistan
02-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Just when you thought Pop was done with TOSBs after last year awful experience with Kmart/West/Diaw/Miller..

ace3g
02-12-2017, 11:21 AM
San Antonio Spurs Verified account ‏@spurs (https://twitter.com/spurs)

Spurs sign Joel Anthony for remainder of season » http://gospu.rs/2l82SNz (https://t.co/gDir5IPwi1)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4ejiWLUkAEdd2B.png

Leetonidas
02-12-2017, 11:29 AM
Don't see what the big deal is tbh. Spurs need some end of the bench insurance and he barely even plays with Gasol being out. Everyone knows spurs aren't making any trades

Fireball
02-12-2017, 11:44 AM
bullshit decision .... Spurs were fine while Gasol was out ... Anthony did not contribute at all

kaji157
02-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Kind of a fuck you move to the fans that were hoping for a surprise signing or trade. Could have waited and sign him near the playoffs just to be ready if some player/trade becomes available.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Kind of a fuck you move to the fans that were hoping for a surprise signing or trade. Could have waited and sign him near the playoffs just to be ready if some player/trade becomes available.

Not their fault really.

kaji157
02-12-2017, 11:59 AM

Not their fault really.

I was really hoping for the FO to try and trade Patty for something more reliable.
If Tony is going to start anyway, and Murray can somehow also have sporadic scoring quarters, then i thought it would be wise to add some reliable role player.

TheGreatYacht
02-12-2017, 12:03 PM
I was really hoping for the FO to try and trade Patty for something more reliable.
If Tony is going to start anyway, and Murray can somehow also have sporadic scoring quarters, then i thought it would be wise to add some reliable role player.
That would require PATFO to actually do something

#KeepCashingDemChecks

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-12-2017, 12:06 PM

Why would anyone give the Spurs someone more reliable for an expiring Patty?

r0drig0lac
02-12-2017, 12:08 PM
reddit source...

james evans
02-12-2017, 12:11 PM
why? He's not going to play much unless Popovich is throwing a game. and he doesn't need Anthony for that

tbdog
02-12-2017, 12:16 PM
It is just a 2 min insurance player. Need to do a hack a Jordan? Deadmon and Gasol out in foul trouble and need someone to box out Adams for a few minutes. At the end of the day, Anthony would likely be more usable than Forbes. That guy won't be active in the playoffs. Come to think of it, probably Anthony as well.

Chinook
02-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Don't love this, but happy for Anthony. He played well enough to earn a spot in camp. It's like they're trying to make up karmatically for Butler.

spursistan
02-12-2017, 12:25 PM
It's mind-boggling how PATFO are seemingly content with their guard depth when it is easily the team's chief underbelly :lol..

Guess, it's TOSB Parker/TOSB Ginobili/Microwave/D-League/ J Simms FTW..:rolleyes

coachmac87
02-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Don't love this, but happy for Anthony. He played well enough to earn a spot in camp. It's like they're trying to make up karmatically for Butler.

That nigga Rasual....

TheGreatYacht
02-12-2017, 01:27 PM
It's mind-boggling how PATFO are seemingly content with their guard depth when it is easily the team's chief underbelly :lol..

Guess, it's TOSB Parker/TOSB Ginobili/Microwave/D-League/ J Simms FTW..:rolleyes
:lol at SG being the team's highest paid yet worse position

Dex
02-12-2017, 01:32 PM
Anthony is about as good of a 15th guy you could have. He proved himself during the preseason and has been a serviceable garbage minute guy in his short stints.

Pau is gonna still be out a while, and if another big goes down (*knock on wood*), we could use another guy to patrol the paint. The guards and wings have enough to mix it up if they need to.

TimDunkem
02-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Last big on the bench so it isn't a big deal. It's more upsetting how shitty the two guard rotation is.

ace3g
02-12-2017, 02:02 PM
Can he be added to any trade now? Especially if used as a filler to make salaries match?

TheGreatYacht
02-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Anthony is about as good of a 15th guy you could have. He proved himself during the preseason and has been a serviceable garbage minute guy in his short stints.

Pau is gonna still be out a while, and if another big goes down (*knock on wood*), we could use another guy to patrol the paint. The guards and wings have enough to mix it up if they need to.
He averages 2pts and 2reb for his career :lol add the fact he's a TOSB

Spurs could have definitely done better with that 15th spot. Maybe give a D-League big man that's killing it a 10-day or something.

Just by glancing at some of their stats I could name you 2. Shawn Long (20.6pts, 11.2reb, 1.4blk) and Keith Benson Jr (21.1pts, 10.8reb, 2.7blk)

Spurs9
02-12-2017, 03:18 PM
:pop: Joel will push us over the edge in a series against Warriors

He averages 2pts and 2reb for his career :lol add the fact he's a TOSB

Spurs could have definitely done better with that 15th spot. Maybe give a D-League big man that's killing it a 10-day or something.

Just by glancing at some of their stats I could name you 2. Shawn Long (20.6pts, 11.2reb, 1.4blk) and Keith Benson Jr (21.1pts, 10.8reb, 2.7blk)

I don't understand it, I agree theres probably tons of dudes who would play extremly hard we could have got from the dleauge who are way better than him.

SAGirl
02-12-2017, 04:35 PM

Probably this. Plus he's a sparring body, an additional practice partner, and having being through training camp and preseason, apparently understands what Pop wants to do.

its just a confirmation though that this group they have right now is it. Getting his young guys to play better is about all Pop can do at this point to improve his group. (Fingers crossed).

02-12-2017, 05:26 PM
It's amusing how some people refuse to ever criticize PATFO tbh :lol

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-12-2017, 05:27 PM
He's barely going to be playing, if at all. Not a bad move at all. He's about as solid as a guy in his position can get. Just toss him in if a game turns to absolute shit.

SAGirl
02-12-2017, 11:27 PM
This is the Spurs current move... nothing against him as a 15th player... but stop dreaming trade machine fans...

TheGreatYacht
02-13-2017, 01:06 AM
:pop: Joel will push us over the edge in a series against Warriors

I don't understand it, I agree theres probably tons of dudes who would play extremly hard we could have got from the dleauge who are way better than him.
Elite teams like Warriors and Cavs are signing D-League all stars and trying them out. There's plenty of role players there who just need a shot

palangi
02-13-2017, 01:22 AM
Elite teams like Warriors and Cavs are signing D-League all stars and trying them out. There's plenty of role players there who just need a shot

Exactly why not try Jefferson over this dude? Bring up Hollis Thompson to play the 2 guard.

AaronY
02-13-2017, 06:46 AM
Eww

ElNono
02-13-2017, 08:43 AM
Weren't we just talking about Pop being in love with signing vets mid-season? At least it appears he won't take mins from the younglings (so far).

TheGreatYacht
02-13-2017, 08:44 AM
Murray is probably in Austin the rest of the year :lol no way Pop makes Anthony ineligible

TheDoctor
02-13-2017, 09:28 AM
J.Anthony now wishing the Red Mamba doesn't come out of retirement tbh.

playbonner15
02-13-2017, 09:28 AM
Parker and mills suck but dedmons foul prone

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2017, 09:56 PM
Get this man off the team man wtf :lol

Give some D-Leaguer a shot, I don't care.

dabom
03-13-2017, 09:56 PM
Get this man off the team man wtf :lol

Give some D-Leaguer a shot, I don't care.

We already got fathead. :lol

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2017, 09:58 PM
We already got fathead. :lol
:lmao

spursistan
03-13-2017, 10:21 PM
Never understood this signing other than a banging body for practice :lol..It is not like the guy is some past great they are having around young guys...He is a career 2ppg/2rpg scrub..

GSH
03-13-2017, 10:30 PM
LOL. I guess my Joel Anthony shrine went too far? I haven't had a thread deleted in a long, long time.

That was about as bad as it gets tonight.

TheGreatYacht
03-30-2017, 01:02 AM
PATFO's legacy.

Duds now have numerous guys that can guard Kawhi 1 on 1 (when they're not doubling that is): Barnes, Iggy, Klay, Draymond.....

Their defense since picking up Matty Barnes has been incredible.

sasaint
03-30-2017, 01:10 AM
PATFO's legacy.

Duds now have numerous guys that can guard Kawhi 1 on 1 (when they're not doubling that is): Barnes, Iggy, Klay, Draymond.....

Their defense since picking up Matty Barnes has been incredible.

I have always really liked Barnes, and I really wanted the Spurs to grab him. But that was a pipe dream. If you are Matt, and both the Dubs and the Spurs come calling - who do you sign with?

Darius Bieber
03-30-2017, 01:11 AM
I have always really liked Barnes, and I really wanted the Spurs to grab him. But that was a pipe dream. If you are Matt, and both the Dubs and the Spurs come calling - who do you sign with?

The contender.

TheGreatYacht
03-30-2017, 01:29 AM
He was without a team for a couple of weeks. Warriors had even signed Calderon instead of Barnes until Durant got hurt and changed everything.

Buford was never interested. He saw something in Joel Anthony who in his prime averaged 2pts and 2rebs. Not even the Bible can tell me what numbers he would put up now that he's washed

sasaint
03-30-2017, 01:44 AM
He was without a team for a couple of weeks. Warriors had even signed Calderon instead of Barnes until Durant got hurt and changed everything.

Buford was never interested. He saw something in Joel Anthony who in his prime averaged 2pts and 2rebs. Not even the Bible can tell me what numbers he would put up now that he's washed

True. I had forgotten about the timing. I don't think RC saw Barnes as having "Spurs character" for whatever reason. Truth be told, I'd have taken Calderon over Joel. Don't know why RC didn't make that switch. Bet he wishes he had!

Spurs da champs
03-30-2017, 01:45 AM
Everytime Barnes has been a FA, I swear the Spurs have been interested, it seems the feeling was never mutual.

TheGreatYacht
04-02-2017, 05:43 PM
2 minutes, -8 :lol

Did PATFO get him so Pop can put him in and the other team comes back?

TheGreatYacht
04-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Can't even get playing time when there's like 4 players available:lmao

PATFO :lmao

spursistan
04-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Can't even get playing time when there's like 4 players available:lmao

PATFO :lmao

Most fuckin' useless signing ever made by PATFO :lol..

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 10:26 PM
Should have kept lapussy. He had some decent games with the spurs. :lol

UZER
04-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Everytime Barnes has been a FA, I swear the Spurs have been interested, it seems the feeling was never mutual.

But but every player is dying to play for Pop. :rolleyes

gambit1990
04-06-2017, 03:43 PM
can't stand this signing.

even him being in training camp was absolutely pointless.

:pop: he's someone who has gotten over himself.

sasaint
04-06-2017, 04:21 PM
can't stand this signing.

even him being in training camp was absolutely pointless.

:pop: he's someone who has gotten over himself.

Low hurdle.

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2017, 01:16 AM
Everyone dreaming of a CP3 signing, while they forget who our fucking GM is.

Drunk lazy POS Buford who likes to play it safe and bring in old as dirt players

timtonymanu
05-02-2017, 01:17 AM
I honestly forgot he was on the roster. :lol

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 01:18 AM
Everyone dreaming of a CP3 signing, while they forget who our fucking GM is.

Drunk lazy POS Buford who likes to play it safe and bring in old as dirt players

:lmao

Joel Anthony :lmao

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2017, 01:23 AM
Spurs have been getting outran off the court these past few years, looking like the old geezers they are.

What does this POS do? Brings in TOSB Gasol and Lee, and brings Ginobili back.

Remember those Andre Miller and Kevin Martin signings? :lmao .... this retard downie can't see what's right infront of him.

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 01:25 AM
Spurs have been getting outran off the court these past few years, looking like the old geezers they are.

What does this POS do? Brings in TOSB Gasol and Lee, and brings Ginobili back.

Remember those Andre Miller and Kevin Martin signings? :lmao .... this retard downie can't see what's right infront of him.

Probably drinks too much while watching the game at the AT@T.

Didn't someone say people were fighting because they were drunk a few days ago. :lol

Ban those damn beers.

But no one is ever going to talk because they got kawhi :cry

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2017, 01:31 AM
Probably drinks too much while watching the game at the AT@T.

Didn't someone say people were fighting because they were drunk a few days ago. :lol

Ban those damn beers.

But no one is ever going to talk because they got kawhi :cry
Not that long ago someone made a thread saying the AT&T Center sold the most alcoholic beverages. Also, just last week Poop spent $800 at a bar. Kawhi better hop off this ride before it ends in a fatal crash thanks to a drunk at the wheel.

DAF86
05-02-2017, 01:57 AM
What did the Rockets give to get Williams? Brewer and a pick? Or just Brewer? Why can't we ever get a trade like that? Do PATFO even pick up the phone to try and get a steal like that?

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2017, 02:03 AM
What did the Rockets give to get Williams? Brewer and a pick? Or just Brewer? Why can't we ever get a trade like that? Do PATFO even pick up the phone to try and get a steal like that?
Not enough hands. PATFO have booze on one hand, Bonner's pocket on the other.

TheGreatYacht
06-25-2017, 11:45 AM
Everyone dreaming of CP3 and Millsap :lol

Knowing our GM, we'll settle with Knee-Rose, Game manager Hill, or Shelvin Mack