PDA

View Full Version : [2018] Scarface - Cohen bros remake

RGMCSE
02-12-2017, 01:41 PM
http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/10/scarface-coen-brothers-have-scripted-the-remake-set-for-2018-release

i wonder what roles Jeff Bridges and John Goodman will play...

djohn2oo8
02-12-2017, 01:59 PM
lol no way Luna could even come close to Pacino.

Thread
02-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Can you imagine it?

Good Lord.

lefty
02-12-2017, 02:53 PM
:lmao today's NBA fans are gonna love this movie

monosylab1k
02-12-2017, 03:35 PM

Al Pacino in Scarface is literally the worst performance in movie history.

Will Hunting
02-12-2017, 03:42 PM

Are you serious? You actually thought Pacino in Scarface with that atrocious Cuban accent was good acting?

lefty
02-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Are you serious? You actually thought Pacino in Scarface with that atrocious Cuban accent was good acting?
Not necessarily but he was funny as hell :lol

Will Hunting
02-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Not necessarily but he was funny as hell :lol

:lol agreed, his acting in that movie was so shitty it added a funny element that wouldn't have normally been there.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-12-2017, 10:19 PM
remakes suck. Sequels are good

Mitch
02-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Should get that clown Michael Bay to direct it, slap Leonardo DiCaprio on it and it'll end up being an over the top entertaining movie.

02-13-2017, 04:36 AM
I've yet to watch the original. Might just skip it, tbh

lebomb
02-13-2017, 08:29 AM
Benicio Del Toro would make a good scarface.

Reck
02-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Should get that clown Michael Bay to direct it, slap Leonardo DiCaprio on it and it'll end up being an over the top entertaining movie.

Michael Bay and Leonardio DiCaprio are world's apart.

A movie about drugs and shit is not Michael's flavor. He wants to blow shit up for no reason in his shitty movies.

RGMCSE
02-13-2017, 10:32 AM
Benicio Del Toro would make a good scarface.

He would be a great fit for that character. He's convincing as an actor.

I. Hustle
02-13-2017, 10:44 AM
RRRRRRRRReebbbeeeeeeennnnggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

libertad
Libertad
LIBERTAD

MultiTroll
02-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Instead of a Hollywood mainstream faggot getting the role, would be nice if they found a person with actual street experience to play the role.

JoeTait75
02-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Are they going to get some actual Cubans or Hispanics for this one or are they going to cast Jews and Italians pretending to be Cuban?

Sportcamper
02-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Part of the charm of the original was that it was such a low budget, roughly made film. Kind of like “Enter the Dragon”. They put it together (post production) in a matter of days but it went on to be a cult classic anyways.

DD
02-13-2017, 12:35 PM
push it to the limitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I'll watch...at least the Coen Bros don't forcibly blackwash their films, which is no small feat in the guiltmongering era

lefty
02-13-2017, 12:42 PM
It's nothing special but it's entertaining tbh

Especially that bathroom scene

Reck
02-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Instead of a Hollywood mainstream faggot getting the role, would be nice if they found a person with actual street experience to play the role.

Luna is not hollywood mainstream. The guy comes from small time, low budget indie movies.

Are they going to get some actual Cubans or Hispanics for this one or are they going to cast Jews and Italians pretending to be Cuban?

Diego Luna is hispanic.

SpursforSix
02-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Part of the charm of the original was that it was such a low budget, roughly made film. Kind of like “Enter the Dragon”. They put it together (post production) in a matter of days but it went on to be a cult classic anyways.

Wtf. It cost more to make than Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Raiders of the Lost Ark. I wouldn't call it roughly made either. The thought and effort put in to the style of the movie has as much to do with it's success as any of the acting.

Spur|n|Austin
02-13-2017, 01:22 PM
Why remake this?

RGMCSE
02-13-2017, 01:25 PM

The original is from the 1930's and the plot centered around prohibition and illegal alcohol distribution. This remake will be the 2nd remake of the original.

XRmWftEjit0

02-13-2017, 01:35 PM
The original is from the 1930's and the plot centered around prohibition and illegal alcohol distribution. This remake will be the 2nd remake of the original.

XRmWftEjit0
k

I'll skip em both then

Mitch
02-13-2017, 02:06 PM
Michael Bay and Leonardio DiCaprio are world's apart.

A movie about drugs and shit is not Michael's flavor. He wants to blow shit up for no reason in his shitty movies.

It's already going to be a shitty movie, tbh. Might as well make it with a ton of explosions and a guy who knows how to play a crazy dude.

Chucho
02-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Ugh, this will suck. The Cohen's haven't made a solid movie this decade and their soundtrack will suck. You just can't recapture certain things, a movie that defines its times will never recapture that in a remake.

SpursforSix
02-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Ugh, this will suck. The Cohen's haven't made a solid movie this decade and their soundtrack will suck. You just can't recapture certain things, a movie that defines its times will never recapture that in a remake.

Word.

And now 35 years later, there's been plenty of movies about the rise and fall of drug kingpins. Not to mention the excellent Narcos series. I don't see the point.

Chucho
02-13-2017, 02:35 PM
Word.

And now 35 years later, there's been plenty of movies about the rise and fall of drug kingpins. Not to mention the excellent Narcos series. I don't see the point.

To be honest, the only drug kingpin movie that needs to be done is Freeway Rick Ross. A good "hood" movie paired with a drug movie would be cool.

vy65
02-13-2017, 02:58 PM
push it to the limitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I'll watch...at least the Coen Bros don't forcibly blackwash their films, which is no small feat in the guiltmongering era

https://images.mic.com/7dbincwzgrtrb4dx3eblrwl5h9uhqsgd1oarvyl0moclachz92 dkxphgiccgcxjs.jpg

https://mic.com/articles/134465/the-coen-brothers-don-t-understand-questions-about-diversity-in-film#.xHj76BRqv

Fucking. GOAT.

SpursforSix
02-13-2017, 03:00 PM
To be honest, the only drug kingpin movie that needs to be done is Freeway Rick Ross. A good "hood" movie paired with a drug movie would be cool.

I agree with that. I can't think of a very good black drug kingpin movie. I missed American Gangster. Actually, I started it and lost interest.

MultiTroll
02-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Luna is not hollywood mainstream. The guy comes from small time, low budget indie movies.
Farks sake he was in the new Star Wars.
Whatever Indie movies he was in are long erased.
Diego Luna gangsta? :lol

Reck
02-13-2017, 04:38 PM
Farks sake he was in the new Star Wars.
Whatever Indie movies he was in are long erased.
Diego Luna gangsta? :lol

:lol faggs.

So he was in Star Wars...and?

Doesn't change the fact he came from the small screen. Being in 1 or two big movies doesn't change that fact.

I. Hustle
02-13-2017, 04:52 PM
Are they going to pair him with Gael Garcia Bernal again?

MultiTroll
02-13-2017, 05:10 PM
So he was in Star Wars...and?
Compared with:

Luna is not hollywood mainstream.
Along with a main part Elysium with such mainstream faggots as Matt Damon and Jodie Foster.

Que you: "but but but at one time long ago he was in some indie movies."

BFD. Now he identifies as Mainstream Hollywood.

Boston Pancake
02-13-2017, 05:22 PM

Yeah just get someone who doesn't know shit about acting but knows a ton about smuggling cocaine, that would work awesome!

Fabbs: "Instead of a faggot trained chef cooking my steak, would be nice if a cow got to do it"

Reck
02-13-2017, 05:38 PM
Yeah just get someone who doesn't know shit about acting but knows a ton about smuggling cocaine, that would work awesome!

Fabbs: "Instead of a faggot trained chef cooking my steak, would be nice if a cow got to do it"

:lol faggs stays losing.

MultiTroll
02-13-2017, 05:44 PM

Boston Pancake "Only Hollywood mainstream faggots know how to act. Slurp slurp."

Wow are you and Wreck ignorant and/or simply attracted to phaggoty pretentious acting?

Reck
02-13-2017, 05:59 PM
Faggs, I have a Tivo I'm selling for 500. You in? Gets all the channels for free, too.

Fabbs
02-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Fabbs, I have a Tivo I'm selling for 500. You in? Gets all the channels for free, too.
I've got a much better system at present, thanks.
But use the money you get to get some lube as you can use it as surely you are going to be a new member of a club that parks a car in icy Boston area winters. Bring Behind the Calabria featuring mainstreamers Matt and Michael and you will have Krew members all over you.

Boston Pancake
02-13-2017, 08:31 PM
But use the money you get to get some lube as you can use it as surely you are going to be a new member of a club that parks a car in icy Boston area winters. Bring Behind the Calabria featuring mainstreamers Matt and Michael and you will have Krew members all over you.

Do you have Asperger's Syndrome? Serious question.

Mark Celibate
02-13-2017, 09:15 PM

http://i.imgur.com/bIq7VaI.png

lefty
02-13-2017, 10:22 PM
I think Luna will do a good job tbh

Boston Pancake
02-13-2017, 10:28 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

benefactor
02-14-2017, 07:59 AM
:lol

DAF86
02-14-2017, 10:02 PM
Totally unnecesary and puts all the people involved in an absolute no win scenario. Scarface is just too impregnated in pop culture. No matter how well they do it, phrases/scenes like "say hello to my little friend" and "say good night to the bad guy" will never be succesfully duplicated.

lefty
02-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Totally unnecesary and puts all the people involved in an absolute no win scenario. Scarface is just too impregnated in pop culture. No matter how well they do it, phrases/scenes like "say hello to my little friend" and "say good night to the bad guy" will never be succesfully duplicated.

I agree tbh

baseline bum
02-15-2017, 10:54 AM
I tol you to tell them you was in a sanitarium

HarlemHeat37
02-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Don't really mind the remake..the original is one of the shittiest "iconic" movies of all-time, this couldn't be any worse, tbh:lol

Also, almost none of the characters in that movie were actually Hispanic:lol..bunch of Jews and Italians..

Thread
02-15-2017, 11:35 AM
Don't really mind the remake..the original is one of the shittiest "iconic" movies of all-time, this couldn't be any worse, tbh:lol

Also, almost none of the characters in that movie were actually Hispanic:lol..bunch of Jews and Italians..

Sound was in it's infancy, Har. Background noise that plagued "talkies" early on is there, but I think the 1st has stood up.

Even the incest was lodged thru Muni's facials.

Thread
02-15-2017, 11:50 AM

And the complex pay back scene is one for the ages. It's gloriously long, but, it needed to be, and so they took their time and did it right. Even "Ernie" is respected there and accounted for. And he plays it splendidly. At first look you don't even think to account for him. Eh, just walk away and end it. Leave him there, the audience won't care. Uh, uh. They walked away then stopped and made the accounting. Selflessly they let "Ernie" end the scene instead of a "star."

---

And the banker scene, the guy is a classic WASP. Makes you feel good to see him. Settles the film. And Montana is at ease here, kibitzing over dollars & cents. Asks after Montana's wife:::"How's the princess, she's beautiful." Montana takes no offence because where once he saw her as "princess" he's got the boodle/coke on the brain now.

---

And the mother scene, where she kicks him out of the house. You can see it coming a mile away, but, when you get there this actor pulled it off. She is incensed at this son. And blocks him physically from his sister. She out performs Pacino there! & maybe he knew that in order for the scene to soar he had to dull himself. Eh, at least I hope so because the scene is awesome.

monosylab1k
02-15-2017, 12:58 PM
Sound was in it's infancy, Har. Background noise that plagued "talkies" early on is there, but I think the 1st has stood up.

Even the incest was lodged thru Muni's facials.
I think he was referring to the incredibly shitty Pacino version, the one nobody liked until rappers in the 90's talked about it like it was fucking Citizen Kane.

monosylab1k
02-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Pacino has had literally one good performance since Dog Day Afternoon. He was great in You Don't Know Jack. Aside from that, he was mediocre in Heat, and that's the best I can say about him. The only performance of his worse than Scarface is probably Scent Of A Woman. He is one of the worst actors of the past 40 years, yet gets treated like a god for being pretty great in the 70's.

Reck
02-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Pacino has had literally one good performance since Dog Day Afternoon. He was great in You Don't Know Jack. Aside from that, he was mediocre in Heat, and that's the best I can say about him. The only performance of his worse than Scarface is probably Scent Of A Woman. He is one of the worst actors of the past 40 years, yet gets treated like a god for being pretty great in the 70's.

I thought he was OK in Insomnia .

He is best when his characters unravels and turns into a maniac.

Trill Clinton
02-15-2017, 01:15 PM
Idk about a remake. They should focus on present day drug trade and make an el chapo themed movie or griselda blanco.

Thread
02-15-2017, 01:19 PM

I thought he did well in "Scent." Sure, it is a preposterous set up, but, he was quite dynamic thru the 2 hours.

monosylab1k
Idk about a remake. They should focus on present day drug trade and make an el chapo themed movie or griselda blanco.

:tu

Thread

This

monosylab1k
02-15-2017, 01:21 PM
I thought he did well in "Scent." Sure, it is a preposterous set up, but, he was quite dynamic thru the 2 hours.

I thought it was his usual over-the-top bullshit and reliance on catchphrases. I probably hate it more than necessary because he actually won awards for it.

monosylab1k
02-15-2017, 01:25 PM
I thought he was OK in Insomnia .

When it's organic and under control, yes. But one day Pacino replaced that skill of his with just ranting and raving like a madman every second he's on screen, and it forever ruined him.

HarlemHeat37
02-15-2017, 01:48 PM
I can't really recall any Pacino movies that I enjoyed other than Godfather 1/2 and Heat, tbh..Carlito's Way was alright, too, I suppose..

I'm not a big fan of drug movies anymore, though..most attempts at drug/gangster movies are corny and forced IMO..

Thread
02-15-2017, 02:11 PM
I can't really recall any Pacino movies that I enjoyed other than Godfather 1/2 and Heat, tbh..Carlito's Way was alright, too, I suppose..

I'm not a big fan of drug movies anymore, though..most attempts at drug/gangster movies are corny and forced IMO..

[Heat] is good though Pacino looks exhausted there, burnt out like a crispy critter. Like he looked in [Glengarry.]

I found [Carlito's Way] maddening. And I've tried it at least 3 times.

Avante
02-15-2017, 02:50 PM
Al Pacino at it's worst.

clambake
02-15-2017, 03:27 PM
dog day afternoon

Thread
02-15-2017, 03:44 PM
dog day afternoon

Very tedious, Clammy.

clambake
02-15-2017, 05:56 PM
Very tedious, Clammy.

won't argue with that, but it was raw in a good way.

Thread
02-15-2017, 07:31 PM
won't argue with that, but it was raw in a good way.

Years later it has a Tarantino feel to it.

baseline bum
02-15-2017, 09:43 PM

I didn't think Pacino was that great in the 70s. Godfather 1 was all Brando and every time I watch Godfather 2 I get disappointed when it switches from a DeNiro scene to a Pacino one. Scarface though was more on his talent level tbh.

baseline bum
02-15-2017, 09:48 PM
But I liked the 1983 Scarface. It was stupid and Pacino's bad accent and ridiculous speeches made you treat it like a comic book instead of some kind of serious story like all the rappers mono is talking about tried to make it. I hated the Paul Muni original which was so preachy, especially the scene when Super Mario gave that speech about Muni's character making hardworking Italians look bad.

Thread
02-16-2017, 12:23 AM
But I liked the 1983 Scarface. It was stupid and Pacino's bad accent and ridiculous speeches made you treat it like a comic book instead of some kind of serious story like all the rappers mono is talking about tried to make it. I hated the Paul Muni original which was so preachy, especially the scene when Super Mario gave that speech about Muni's character making hardworking Italians look bad.

That describes it, but, doesn't explain it's rampant appeal.

---

The structure & intent of F. Murray's character. The moment of absolute certainty never arrives almost 35 years later.

- "Because Sosa's says so?" - He's so convincing that it sets you back in your seat while watching it, or, afterward considering it.