PDA

View Full Version : 2 Games against Warriors ONLY thing that matters...

coachmac87
02-13-2017, 10:19 AM
This team has been on a roller coaster all year...fake injuries, rest, real injuries etc etc..

Pop has made this team become on auto pilot and just watch Kawhi desperately go for MVP honors lol. This team has nothing to play for anymore..it's hard to get up for games. They purposely don't try for the #1 seed..IMO they're trying to avoid LAC in 2nd round but that's just me.

I'm not making excuses for this team I'm just being realistic..but this team knows they're the 2nd best team in the league. What Cleveland does is irrelevant because we gotta beat GSW. So it really doesn't matter if we beat crappy teams by 30 or lose by 4. Still the second best team and are eyes are on GSW.

Only thing that matters until the playoffs is health and what this team looks like against GSW tbh...we can truly panic or become optimistic once we see it

RD2191
02-13-2017, 11:43 AM
IDK about all that. This team could easily lose to the Thunder in the 1st round. This team is literally Kawhi and sometimes LMA.

coachmac87
02-13-2017, 11:47 AM
IDK about all that. This team could easily lose to the Thunder in the 1st round. This team is literally Kawhi and sometimes LMA.

You don't believe that one bit...

PopTheGOAT
02-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Spurs aren't losing until GSW. There's no one else. Y'all are just overreacting to a few poor performances in Jan and Feb games.

UZER
02-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Those two also won't matter when pop sits players, or plays ridiculous lineups that will never see the floor together in the playoffs.

RD2191
02-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Spurs aren't losing until GSW. There's no one else. Y'all are just overreacting to a few poor performances in Jan and Feb games.

Bet?

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2017, 02:46 PM
Warriors have obliterated every team they have played in a revenge game, IIRC..

coachmac87
02-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Warriors have obliterated every team they have played in a revenge game, IIRC..

So that means these games should be able to tell us something right?

coachmac87
02-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Those two also won't matter when pop sits players, or plays ridiculous lineups that will never see the floor together in the playoffs.

I can tell you're upset about this season

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2017, 03:04 PM
So that means these games should be able to tell us something right?

Yes, it would be impressive if the Spurs beat them, considering the Warriors have given 100% in their revenge games, so far(just like the Spurs played in the first Warriors game)..

Old School 44
02-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Yes, it would be impressive if the Spurs beat them, considering the Warriors have given 100% in their revenge games, so far(just like the Spurs played in the first Warriors game)..
Although the Warriors beat them handily in their most recent game, in their first revenge game against the Grizzlies, they collapsed, giving up a double-digit lead late and losing in OT.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Although the Warriors beat them handily in their most recent game, in their first revenge game against the Grizzlies, they collapsed, giving up a double-digit lead late and losing in OT.

That's true, they're 4-1 in revenge games, winning by an average margin of 20..

bklynspursfan
02-13-2017, 03:38 PM
That's true, they're 4-1 in revenge games, winning by an average margin of 20..

The only advantage for us (though maybe it's not as much this year lol) is we beat them at their home. Their next 2 games are in our house.

PopTheGOAT
02-13-2017, 03:49 PM
Bet?
Who do you think they'll lose to? Houston? Odds are we won't even match up with LAC unless they drop to the 7...and I highly doubt that. Save your money, man.

coachmac87
02-13-2017, 03:59 PM

My whole point for this thread is it really doesn't matter what this team does to the rest of the league....We can over anaylze every win or loss and it still won't tell us how good this team is or can be..

It's all about how we stack with GSW...if we can compete with them I'll throw away the winning streaks or 25pt beat downs of shitty teams. To me that's fools Gold. Pops goal is to stay locked in #2 and stay away from LAC in 2nd round and hope you're healthy as can be.

Everybody else can use other games or opponents for measuring sticks..I'll judge by GSW

Darius Bieber
02-13-2017, 04:01 PM
The only advantage for us (though maybe it's not as much this year lol) is we beat them at their home. Their next 2 games are in our house.

Our home fans are probably one of the worst in the league. Warrior fans will be louder at the AT&T Center.

BillMc
02-13-2017, 04:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waBb-UM5m4g

TrainOfThought5
02-13-2017, 04:15 PM

We thought this last year.

coachmac87
02-13-2017, 04:20 PM
We thought this last year.

You think the Rockets have last OKC ceiling? Lol

PopTheGOAT
02-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Exactly. There's no comparing the two

TrainOfThought5
02-13-2017, 04:44 PM

You think we're a better team than we were last year?

PopTheGOAT
02-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Probably will be just as good as last year if not a little better by the time POs roll around. Don't discredit that fact that this team is gonna take longer to gel. Kawhi has taken another step as well. LMA is about the same.

SpursforSix
02-13-2017, 04:54 PM

I think the coaching has fallen off a cliff. I really think with Lee, Dedmon, and Pau, they should be just as good.

TrainOfThought5
02-13-2017, 05:00 PM
Probably will be just as good as last year if not a little better by the time POs roll around. Don't discredit that fact that this team is gonna take longer to gel. Kawhi has taken another step as well. LMA is about the same.

Any game in the PO's where Kawhi has an "average" game we probably lose because we dont have enough firepower to overcome the deficits against legit defenses. If we battl GSW to 2-2 in the WCF it will be because we got some Jordanesque performances from Kawhi.

PopTheGOAT
02-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Any game in the PO's where Kawhi has an "average" game we probably lose because we dont have enough firepower to overcome the deficits against legit defenses. If we battl GSW to 2-2 in the WCF it will be because we got some Jordanesque performances from Kawhi.
Houston isn't a legit defense. And I'm not disputing the fact that GS will beat us. I agree with your last line to a degree. 2-2 is possible, 3-3 would take a career defining moment from Kawhi

coachmac87
02-13-2017, 05:47 PM

Good job answering the question...

And No...but that doesn't mean we can make further in the playoffs

timtonymanu
02-13-2017, 06:29 PM
Pop is gonna sit Kawhi on both games anyway tbh.

coachmac87
03-28-2017, 10:48 AM
I tried to tell y'all...

Last night game meant a lot for the Spurs. Even with the recent struggles with the Cavs the Spurs didn't care and used this game as a measuring stick.

Tomorrow's night game could mean even more especially if GSW loses tonight against Houston. Spurs will again claim #1 seed if they win tomorrow.. and tbh I don't think they give it back if if they get it.

Everybody bitched and moaned after each meaningless loss but when the lights are on and when it's time to make statement not only to the league but to THEMSELVES they've done it. They've now beaten the Cavs and Warriors by 30..

They're in the drivers seat

PopTheGOAT
03-28-2017, 11:54 AM
Spurs can probably only lose 1 more game (and not against GS) if they want the 1 seed

hater
03-28-2017, 12:23 PM

:lmao one of the worst takes in recent times

coachmac87
03-28-2017, 12:31 PM

It's post like the one you quoted for the reason for the thread...

It's like people are sold on us not being contenders when we lose to Portland or Orlando at home...

But still have doubts when we beat both teams who appeared in Finals by 30....

RD2191
03-28-2017, 12:56 PM

You would know about terrible takes..

TheDoctor
03-28-2017, 01:08 PM
I tried to tell y'all...

Last night game meant a lot for the Spurs. Even with the recent struggles with the Cavs the Spurs didn't care and used this game as a measuring stick.

Tomorrow's night game could mean even more especially if GSW loses tonight against Houston. Spurs will again claim #1 seed if they win tomorrow.. and tbh I don't think they give it back if if they get it.

Everybody bitched and moaned after each meaningless loss but when the lights are on and when it's time to make statement not only to the league but to THEMSELVES they've done it. They've now beaten the Cavs and Warriors by 30..

They're in the drivers seat

Sadly thanks to the MEM and POR loses, the Spurs are 2 games back.

Even if they lose tonite and tomorrow, the Worriers will end w/ a half game advantage over San Antonio.