PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge still crying about the ASG..

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2017, 04:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lamarcus-aldridge-on-spurs-having-just-one-all-star-it-was-wrong-200815732.html

:lmao shut the fuck up and play better, tbh..

Hopefully he uses this as motivation and starts dominating(beginning tonight), although this hasn't been the case since the selections were released..

RD2191
02-13-2017, 04:21 PM
:lmao bum ass nigga

TXstbobcat
02-13-2017, 04:21 PM
Shooting 5 out of 16 yesterday against the Knicks wasn't exactly an all-star performance.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2017, 04:25 PM
Aldridge is shooting 39% from the field in the past 10 games:wow:wow

Obviously the front office would never use this tactic, but a major selling point for joining the Spurs should be the lack of media attention when a player is struggling..on most teams, a star player would be getting roasted for shooting 39% from the field in a 10-game stretch(especially when he's having a poor offensive season, overall), but fortunately for Aldridge(and any other star that doesn't want to face media pressure), nobody in the media is discussing his struggles..

dabom
02-13-2017, 04:26 PM
One line isn't crying brah. :lol

LMA is right you know.

MaNu4Tres
02-13-2017, 04:27 PM
He was worse last year in the 1st half of the season and he still made the AS team. Him and Patty have been overrated on this board for a while now.. tbh

Canyonero
02-13-2017, 04:30 PM
Crydridge smh

MaNu4Tres
02-13-2017, 04:30 PM

Obviously the front office would never use this tactic, but a major selling point for joining the Spurs should be the lack of media attention when a player is struggling..on most teams, a star player would be getting roasted for shooting 39% from the field in a 10-game stretch(especially when he's having a poor offensive season, overall), but fortunately for Aldridge(and any other star that doesn't want to face media pressure), nobody in the media is discussing his struggles..

Not only this, but the local media in San Antonio is Charmin soft on anything Spurs related. They are Pop yes-men and always point out any silver lining when a player is obviously struggling.

BillMc
02-13-2017, 04:33 PM

LMA is right you know.

This.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2017, 04:33 PM

LMA is right you know.

About what?

MultiTroll
02-13-2017, 04:38 PM
About what?
That Spurs as a team only got one while Golden Phaggots got 4.
Not saying LMA should have gotten one but....

Don't get me wrong I mostly agree with you on it.
He doesn't deserve it either so he should have told media person I DGAF.

dabom
02-13-2017, 04:40 PM
About what?

If GSWs get 4 allstars, then by those standards, LMA should be one too.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2017, 04:41 PM
Houston is closer to the Spurs than SA is to Golden State IIRC..should Eric Gordon have been an All-Star, tbh?

dabom
02-13-2017, 04:43 PM
We are on pace for 60 fucking wins. :lmao

PopTheGOAT
02-13-2017, 04:46 PM
There's two sides to this. Aldridge shouldn't expect to make it bc he's on a good team. Can't take it for granted, still have to play like an all star. On the other side, if GS has 4, we should have 2.

I really think GS should've got 3 and we got 1. Can't make a strong case for LMA over anyone that got in.

dabom
02-13-2017, 04:48 PM
Look the players around him probably openly talk about it. I doubt he would say something like this without the backing from the lockerroom.

UZER
02-13-2017, 05:18 PM
When did this mandatory 3-4 players from league best record team make it run the ASG start? The Spurs never even got 3.

baseline bum
02-13-2017, 05:49 PM

To be fair Aldridge looks like Prime Chamberlain when you look at his season next to Parker's. Could be a reason why.

baseline bum
02-13-2017, 05:52 PM

LMA is right you know.

Who should have gotten the second Spurs all-star berth? Mills? Dedmon?

dabom
02-13-2017, 05:54 PM
LMA, if we're strictly following the guideline that got GSWs 4 fucking spots. :lmao

It's like ya forget to read the whole fucking comment.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-13-2017, 05:56 PM
yeah, Thompson shouldn't have made it... Lillard, Karl Anthony Towns?

coachmac87
02-13-2017, 05:57 PM
That's just LMA keeping it 100 tbh

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2017, 06:06 PM
The Warriors didn't get 4 All-Stars simply because of their record, though..they got 4 because they're all deserving:lol..Curry and Dominos are obvious, Klay Thompson is beloved by the media and had some huge games, while Green is going to be the DPOY..

There's no argument for Aldridge outside of team record, which isn't a legit reason IMO..if that's the case, why isn't anybody outraged about Eric Gordon not making it?

apalisoc_9
02-13-2017, 06:10 PM
I get why he's pissed, but lets be honest here. .he's been awful offensivley.

south side spur
02-13-2017, 06:15 PM
“It was very difficult, because I couldn’t be the guy that I’ve been my whole career. It was very difficult to adjust from being who I was to who I am now,” Aldridge told The Vertical. “Now, I’m fine. I do what I’m asked to do. I rebound, take shots every now and then. I’m not really asked to be that guy that I was, so I just the play the role that they want me to play. Play defense. Do pick-and-pop when they need it, and other than that just play off Kawhi.”

He seems to have a great attitude but damn I didn't realize he was going to be such a mental midget. I'm sure Pop and RC knew he was going to be a head case but San Antonio is just a small pond so it's not like the Spurs can be that selective when it came to possibly landing an all star. Hopefully he was the first of a string of "big name" free agents to come and it doesn't just end with Gasol.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2017, 06:16 PM
I actually like his attitude towards becoming a super role player, but it's a poor fit with the current construct of the team, unfortunately..they don't need a defensive role player, they need a star 2nd option..

The starting lineup already has 2 role players ATM(Green and Dedmon), they don't need 4(since Parker refuses to be aggressive nowadays)..

dabom
02-13-2017, 06:25 PM
Lay thompson beloved by the media and big games doesn't make you an all-star. :lmao

timtonymanu
02-13-2017, 06:26 PM
Ugh stfu Aldridge. How about not coming into camp every season looking like you went on the Boris Diaw diet for one. Wish this guy would take notes from Kawhi and just focus on playing better. I'm despising him the more he talks about it.

apalisoc_9
02-13-2017, 06:30 PM
Ugh stfu Aldridge. How about not coming into camp every season looking like you went on the Boris Diaw diet for one. Wish this guy would take notes from Kawhi and just focus on playing better. I'm despising him the more he talks about it.

Kawhi is probably just as hard working and as dedicated as Tim-Lebron-Jordan-Kobe etc in terms of their health. Not a whole lot of players like that. Spurs know this.

Spursfans are going to be dissapointed if they expect players to have a similar work ethich and dedications. There's very few players in tge league with the same dedication as kawhi..Maybe lebron otherwise its no one really.

Poop knowsnthe manage personalities..Probablybhis biggest trait as a coach.

DPG21920
02-13-2017, 06:35 PM
LMA is not having a bad year. Not only are the Spurs winning he's helping anchor what has been basically the top ranked defense for most of the year.

Yes, his offense is definitely struggling, but those acting like he's playing poorly or that his point about not having 2 All-Stars for SA isn't valid are just pushing an agenda.

By most every other account, the team with the 2nd best record gets 2 players. The fact LMA has been a legit anchor on the best defensive team in the league (for the most part) and that team has the 2nd best record validates things.

:lmao Klay Thompson. You can't say he's deserving then say it's really because the media loves him. He's not deserving. At least not more than a defensive anchor like LMA.

MaNu4Tres
02-13-2017, 06:43 PM
Kawhi is probably just as hard working and as dedicated as Tim-Lebron-Jordan-Kobe etc in terms of their health. Not a whole lot of players like that. Spurs know this.

Spursfans are going to be dissapointed if they expect players to have a similar work ethich and dedications. There's very few players in tge league with the same dedication as kawhi..Maybe lebron otherwise its no one really.

Poop knowsnthe manage personalities..Probablybhis biggest trait as a coach.

There's a lot of NBA players who have a great work ethic, some just have a ceiling as a role player so the work ethic doesn't stand out or show on the floor the way it does for players like Kawhi, Jordan, Duncan, ect.

Danny Green, Patty Mills, and Jonathan Simmons are examples of players who have a great work ethic but their ceilings are capped. Simmons spent 6 hours a day this summer working on his game, 5 times a week... that's the kind of work ethic you want from all your players. You want your players to fulfill their potential whether its a 35-40% three point shooter/role player, or a 5 Time All-Star who has been a top PF in the league. When they are not fulfilling their potential and coming into camp out of shape, it shouldn't sit well with PATFO.

It's inexcusable to have a poor work ethic playing for a team with championship aspirations. Aldridge is playing well, yes -- most notably defensively, but he's fulfilling maybe 60% of his potential. He should be much better than he's been. Coming into camp out of shape post 30 years old doesn't help matters either.

urunobili
02-13-2017, 07:21 PM
RJ 2.0

resistanze
02-13-2017, 07:55 PM
The Warriors didn't get 4 All-Stars simply because of their record, though..they got 4 because they're all deserving:lol..Curry and Dominos are obvious, Klay Thompson is beloved by the media and had some huge games, while Green is going to be the DPOY..

There's no argument for Aldridge outside of team record, which isn't a legit reason IMO..if that's the case, why isn't anybody outraged about Eric Gordon not making it?

Klay Thompson is not an All-Star tbh. His counting and advanced stats don't support the selection, no clue why he gets so much love :lol

That being said, there's at least 3 people before LMA I would replace Thompson with :lol

spurs10
02-13-2017, 08:00 PM

LMA is right you know. This :lol

DPG21920
02-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Klay Thompson is not an All-Star tbh. His counting and advanced stats don't support the selection, no clue why he gets so much love :lol

That being said, there's at least 3 people before LMA I would replace Thompson with :lol

Sure but that is LMA point. Klay got in because of their record.

But again winning like Spurs have should matter. Unless Kawhi is the run away MVP carrying scrubs like TP/Manu/Danny/LMA to this record.

Hoops Czar
02-13-2017, 08:14 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lamarcus-aldridge-on-spurs-having-just-one-all-star-it-was-wrong-200815732.html

:lmao shut the fuck up and play better, tbh..

Hopefully he uses this as motivation and starts dominating(beginning tonight), although this hasn't been the case since the selections were released..

You literally called LMA a defensive anchor and a top rim protector not even a week ago. :lol If Klay Thompson deserves to be there based off of his merits, then so does LMA.

sasaint
02-13-2017, 08:18 PM
When did this mandatory 3-4 players from league best record team make it run the ASG start? The Spurs never even got 3.

This.

resistanze
02-13-2017, 08:19 PM
Sure but that is LMA point. Klay got in because of their record.

But again winning like Spurs have should matter. Unless Kawhi is the run away MVP carrying scrubs like TP/Manu/Danny/LMA to this record.

I definitely would pick LMA over Klay if they're weighing records so heavily. Not sure why a Warriors team that's lost more games this year gets 4 All-Stars vs 3 last year. Personally, I'd like to see Lillard or Conley there.

Hoops Czar
02-13-2017, 08:25 PM
I definitely would pick LMA over Klay if they're weighing records so heavily. Not sure why a Warriors team that's lost more games this year gets 4 All-Stars vs 3 last year. Personally, I'd like to see Lillard or Conley there.

Zaza Pachulia led Kawhi Leonard 2/3's of the way through All Star voting.

Down Under
02-13-2017, 08:43 PM
I seriously think the Spurs are going to cause the Warriors some massive problems in the playoffs if they get to matchup. The only chance you have against them is punishing them for being small, and we have 2 skilled bigs (even if they are both a bit soft) who would still be able to overpower Draymond and force him out for long periods of the series. There is no way any team in history is going to beat them at their own game - they've got 2 of the 3 best players in the league & a PF who can shoot, is a great passer and a very good and versatile defender. You would have to beat them big.

DarrinS
02-13-2017, 08:57 PM

spurraider21
02-13-2017, 09:19 PM
i cant remember aldridge having this poor a stretch for so long... at least since his start to the season last year, which was excused by new system, teammates, etc

Mikeanaro
02-13-2017, 09:31 PM
He doesnt deserve a spot, is that simple.

SAGirl
02-13-2017, 10:23 PM
There's a lot of NBA players who have a great work ethic, some just have a ceiling as a role player so the work ethic doesn't stand out or show on the floor the way it does for players like Kawhi, Jordan, Duncan, ect.

Danny Green, Patty Mills, and Jonathan Simmons are examples of players who have a great work ethic but their ceilings are capped. Simmons spent 6 hours a day this summer working on his game, 5 times a week... that's the kind of work ethic you want from all your players. You want your players to fulfill their potential whether its a 35-40% three point shooter/role player, or a 5 Time All-Star who has been a top PF in the league. When they are not fulfilling their potential and coming into camp out of shape, it shouldn't sit well with PATFO.

It's inexcusable to have a poor work ethic playing for a team with championship aspirations. Aldridge is playing well, yes -- most notably defensively, but he's fulfilling maybe 60% of his potential. He should be much better than he's been. Coming into camp out of shape post 30 years old doesn't help matters either.
FYI... Anderson did too... spent the same time as Simmons working on his game etc. He's a role player but not for lack of trying.

SAGirl
02-13-2017, 10:27 PM
I seriously think the Spurs are going to cause the Warriors some massive problems in the playoffs if they get to matchup. The only chance you have against them is punishing them for being small, and we have 2 skilled bigs (even if they are both a bit soft) who would still be able to overpower Draymond and force him out for long periods of the series. There is no way any team in history is going to beat them at their own game - they've got 2 of the 3 best players in the league & a PF who can shoot, is a great passer and a very good and versatile defender. You would have to beat them big.
Good points. :tu
They will need their bigs to play well. We shall see. Hopefully they don't get eliminated b4 that matchup.

ElNono
02-13-2017, 10:35 PM
:cry muh All Star Game :cry

james evans
02-13-2017, 10:45 PM
All Star Game? All Star Game? He needs to worry about the regular season. Overhyped bitch

spursistan
02-13-2017, 10:46 PM
He doesnt deserve a spot, is that simple.

spurraider21
02-13-2017, 10:49 PM
He doesnt deserve a spot, is that simple.agreed. low iq, mainstream fans thought the spurs "deserved" two all stars even if they didnt have 2 players deserving of it :lol

skulls138
02-14-2017, 01:26 AM
Maybe hes sticking up for his team and doesnt think it should be him necessarily. So cynical, gaw.

pookenstein
02-14-2017, 03:09 AM
LMA doesn't deserve a spot this year. Spurs getting only Kiwi is ok IMO. Warriors should be only getting three.

cd021
02-14-2017, 05:44 AM
We are on pace for 60 fucking wins. :lmao

On pace to win about 63, to be exact.

boutons_deux
02-14-2017, 06:36 AM
In last three games, LMA is shooting 35%.

He's 47% FG for the season.

A really bad slump

MaNu4Tres
02-14-2017, 07:31 AM
In last three games, LMA is shooting 35%.

He's 47% FG for the season.

A really bad slump

He's shooting 37% in his last 12 games or 177 attempts.

Optimal and consistent production is an impossible feat when off-seasons are spent getting out of shape.

venitian navigator
02-14-2017, 11:27 AM
One point for la is that with our team, expecially this year and with (or with Lee) Gasol, he's been asked to do a lot more on defense...but defense is not the main reason you get a call for the ASG...

G-Dawgg
02-14-2017, 11:31 AM
Lol. It's hilarious how many people complain about Aldridge.
If Aldridge eventually gets traded, and we get stuck with a scrub like Dedmon, Varejao, Tiago Splitter as our starter then I'm gonna laugh my ass off at all the idiots that wanted him gone. You aren't going to just go out and find an offensive player of Aldridge's caliber on the street somewhere.
Tell me who is a better option that we can realistically acquire?
So, I guess every other team is just going to cough up a Paul Millsap or Boogie Cousins or something just because we want them?
Get your heads out of your asses. Aldridge is here to stay like it or not. You might as well get used to him.

Bring in the scrubs like Joakim Noah, Robin Lopez, Mason Plumlee or Taj Gibson and see how much better those players do next to Kawhi. Lmao
Be careful what you wish for....

DJR210
02-14-2017, 03:39 PM
Time to delete again

TD 21
02-14-2017, 05:45 PM
I like the fact that he's been somewhat outspoken about this since you can't expect anyone else involved in the organization to be and it needed to be said. Pop should have done it since his words carry more weight, it was disrespectful to his team and it was obvious that it would have some meaning to Aldridge (rightfully so, based on the how it usually works). Deep down, it probably annoys Aldridge that he hasn't.

He was worse last year in the 1st half of the season and he still made the AS team. Him and Patty have been overrated on this board for a while now.. tbh

How is he overrated when he's constantly criticized?

:lmao If you could stop gargling the Warriors cum for a minute, you'd realize Thompson has no business being an All-Star and the fact that you subscribe to the reasons you outlined for why he made it, is laughable since those should be irrelevant.

You could argue reputation and team success should be too and I wouldn't disagree, but the fact is, they've always been the biggest factors once you get past the obvious names and as much as it may pain you, Aldridge has both in abundance. Gordon has neither and at the time of the selections, the Spurs had once again emerged as the only team even close to the Warriors level in the regular season.

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2017, 06:37 PM
^^Star power is very relevant, it's the biggest selling point for the All-Star game..Klay Thompson may not be having a great year, but he's a star(due to the team he plays on) and the fans/media/coaches want to see him in the game(his play has been good enough, too, this isn't Kobe or a lifetime achievement award)..Aldridge has never been a popular or recognizable player, he only made it in the past due to his play..this season, he's nowhere near All-Star level, and he doesn't have the star power or name recognition to negate that..

And the Spurs haven't emerged as anything:lol..nobody outside of this forum views them as a real threat, and rightfully so, since they embarrassed themselves in the 2nd round last year after winning 67 games..they aren't any more special than Houston is. definitely not special enough to warrant an additional All-Star that hasn't played at that level(and doesn't deserve a lifetime achievement selection like Tim may have gotten if he was in his shoes)..

TD 21
02-14-2017, 06:50 PM
^^Star power is very relevant, it's the biggest selling point for the All-Star game..Klay Thompson may not be having a great year, but he's a star(due to the team he plays on) and the fans/media/coaches want to see him in the game(his play has been good enough, too, this isn't Kobe or a lifetime achievement award)..Aldridge has never been a popular or recognizable player, he only made it in the past due to his play..this season, he's nowhere near All-Star level, and he doesn't have the star power or name recognition to negate that..

And the Spurs haven't emerged as anything:lol..nobody outside of this forum views them as a real threat, and rightfully so, since they embarrassed themselves in the 2nd round last year after winning 67 games..they aren't any more special than Houston is. definitely not special enough to warrant an additional All-Star that hasn't played at that level(and doesn't deserve a lifetime achievement selection like Tim may have gotten if he was in his shoes)..

Coaches pick the reserves and they're not (at least, I'd hope/think not) worried about what bandwagon and casual fans think. Thompson has never been better than Aldridge nor has he been considered to be, by knowledgeable basketball people. Thompson has also had an underwhelming season and on merit, hasn't been anywhere near good enough and only a Warriors fan such as yourself would think otherwise.

At the time the selections were made, the Spurs had clearly emerged as the 2nd best regular season team again and have far more equity built up than the Rockets.

spursistan
02-14-2017, 07:01 PM
Since Pau went down, this is your "2nd Option"; "Kawhi's sidekick"; "snubbed All Star" stepping up :lmao..

https://i.imgur.com/oUjdFhm.jpg

spursistan
02-14-2017, 07:07 PM
^^ where would this team be without Dedmon/Lee? :wow

DAF86
02-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Dude needs to sit with Chip, study film and fix his broke ass jumper, tbh.

daslicer
02-14-2017, 08:26 PM
I don't blame LMA for being upset. All these guys have egos including Tim. I remember hearing a story from RC a few years in which he stated when Tim got snubbed from the '14 ASG game that Tim was hurt. Also Draymond is an overrated player that is actually a role player masquerading as an all-star. I'm sure it pisses off LMA that he lost his spot to this guy.

BatManu20
02-14-2017, 08:45 PM
Who cares, tbh. I'd rather LMA and the guys get a solid week and halfs rest and prepare the second half of the season anyways. He's struggling offensively, yes, but he hasn't been nearly as bad as many ppl on this forum would have you believe. As DPG touched on, he's still helping anchor the number one defense in the NBA this season. He just needs to pick it up on the other side of the ball, and I have a feeling he will as season progresses.

Hoops Czar
02-14-2017, 08:46 PM
I don't blame LMA for being upset. All these guys have egos including Tim. I remember hearing a story from RC a few years in which he stated when Tim got snubbed from the '14 ASG game that Tim was hurt. Also Draymond is an overrated player that is actually a role player masquerading as an all-star. I'm sure it pisses off LMA that he lost his spot to this guy.

At least Draymond Green impacts his team. LMA is an all star masquerading as a role player.

Seventyniner
02-14-2017, 09:06 PM
^^ where would this team be without Dedmon/Lee? :wow

Imagine last year's team with Dedmon and Lee instead of West and Diaw.

daslicer
02-14-2017, 09:14 PM
At least Draymond Green impacts his team. LMA is an all star masquerading as a role player.

:lol Are you implying that LMA has zero impact on the spurs? He's been the defensive anchor of the Spurs all year long. Despite not being great on the offensive end defenses still focus on him which in return gives Kawhi some breathing room offensively. Now if you want to say he's not been great this year overall then I can agree with you on that but to say he has no impact is pretty stupid.

DPG21920
02-14-2017, 11:53 PM
Which is a big reason you have seen me calling for Lee to get more minutes, especially next to LMA. Pop appears to be saving Lee's legs at the expense of all else.

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2017, 04:20 PM
So, now that we've seen both teams in a series and Aldridge had the chance to elevate his game, do people still think he deserved a spot over any of the Warriors?

I realize it's a RS accomplishment, but most of the arguments here were that Aldridge deserved it due to his name and the Spurs record:lol

TheDoctor
05-22-2017, 04:22 PM
So, now that we've seen both teams in a series and Aldridge had the chance to elevate his game, do people still think he deserved a spot over any of the Warriors?

I realize it's a RS accomplishment, but most of the arguments here were that Aldridge deserved it due to his name and the Spurs record:lol

Yeah, I believe so. Specially for Klay.

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2017, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I believe so. Specially for Klay.

Why?

TheDoctor
05-22-2017, 04:37 PM
Why?

The only thing Klaynus had done by the ASW was score 60 points in a game. Streaky shooter. In contrast, LMA, although never a gigantic offensive weapon this season, maintained a nice balance between offense and defense that helped SA to make them top 5 in both categories. LMA's Playoffs performance has given much to say but so is Klay's.

dabom
05-22-2017, 04:40 PM

40 wins. We deserve two and then kawhi wasn't good enough for MVP. I'm not gonna take much when kawhi went down. Obviously everyone knows we had weapons too.

TD 21
05-22-2017, 04:41 PM

More trolling and snobbery from the so called "friendly Spurs fan", but I'll play along . . .

Absolutely because everything I said then applies now. Outside of the obvious selections, it's not about being legitimately deserving (of course it should be, but that's a separate argument). There's certain precedents (reputation, team success, counting stats) that have factored in for as long as I've followed the league and they should have in his case too, no matter how much you hate him and how much Warriors dick you suck.

This series is irrelevant not only because it has nothing to do with the regular season, but because it's not an accurate representation of his role or this team given the injuries. Put Thompson, aka the most overrated player in the league, in the the same spot and he'd be failing just as miserably.

dabom
05-22-2017, 04:42 PM
I don't think anyone expected LMA to beat a stacked warriettes. :lol

SAGirl
05-22-2017, 04:46 PM
So, now that we've seen both teams in a series and Aldridge had the chance to elevate his game, do people still think he deserved a spot over any of the Warriors? I realize it's a RS accomplishment, but most of the arguments here were that Aldridge deserved it due to his name and the Spurs record:lol I don't think he deserved it. But he's playing without Tony and Kawhi. I think if you take Curry and maybe Durant or Green from the GSW and make someone like Klay play against a fully healthy Spurs he wouldn't look good either... But it's no matter. He didn't have a good season IMO.

spurraider21
05-22-2017, 04:48 PM
all star spots are individual awards :lol... can't believe people actually thought LMA earned a spot

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2017, 04:49 PM
More trolling and snobbery from the so called "friendly Spurs fan", but I'll play along . . .

Absolutely because everything I said then applies now. Outside of the obvious selections, it's not about being legitimately deserving (of course it should be, but that's a separate argument). There's certain precedents (reputation, team success, counting stats) that have factored in for as long as I've followed the league and they should have in his case too, no matter how much you hate him and how much Warriors dick you suck.

This series is irrelevant not only because it has nothing to do with the regular season, but because it's not an accurate representation of his role or this team given the injuries. Put Thompson, aka the most overrated player in the league, in the the same spot and he'd be failing just as miserably.

I don't think Aldridge's reputation fits your description, tbh..I don't see how it applies, you're speaking about him like he was once a super-popular star(never even close) or a sure-fire HOFer(he isn't that, either)

The ASG is voted on by coaches, rather than the media..they saw Aldridge up close every game..it very well could have just been a matter of them seeing his severe decline before the media covered it..

Sure, a lot of this shit is narrative-driven, but there's still a level of merit involved..

spursistan
05-22-2017, 04:50 PM

dabom
05-22-2017, 04:53 PM

Just like when kawhi was hurting the spurs defense. Stop being a stupid fuck. No one even agrees we get better without LMA. :lmao

spursistan
05-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Just like when kawhi was hurting the spurs defense. Stop being a stupid fuck. No one even agrees we get better without LMA. :lmao
Who said I'm putting it out for retards like you? :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2017, 04:55 PM
And yes, this series has some relevance..it displays how far Aldridge has fallen from being a legit All-Star..we were all excited about getting a star player..

Of course Kawhi getting hurt matters, but it was only a week ago where Aldridge was being praised for elevating his game as the #1 option..in his own words, he was more comfortable with the higher usage that allowed him to "establish a rhythm" :lol

This isn't Green or Mills, who were expected to struggle without Kawhi taking the defense's attention..this nigga publicly complained that he deserved to be an All-Star, yet this is how he responds? If he doesn't want to be attacked by the media, don't make yourself a target by publicly complaining:lol

TheDoctor
05-22-2017, 04:56 PM
I don't think he deserved it. But he's playing without Tony and Kawhi. I think if you take Curry and maybe Durant or Green from the GSW and make someone like Klay play against a fully healthy Spurs he wouldn't look good either... But it's no matter. He didn't have a good season IMO.

With a Full Squad, Klay is playing like trash.

TD 21
05-22-2017, 05:10 PM
I don't think Aldridge's reputation fits your description, tbh..I don't see how it applies, you're speaking about him like he was once a super-popular star(never even close) or a sure-fire HOFer(he isn't that, either)

The ASG is voted on by coaches, rather than the media..they saw Aldridge up close every game..it very well could have just been a matter of them seeing his severe decline before the media covered it..

Sure, a lot of this shit is narrative-driven, but there's still a level of merit involved..

He clearly does. Coaches pick the reserves. To give you an idea of his reputation, three years ago he was voted as the best power forward by GM's and he had made 5 straight All-Star appearances, 3 straight All-NBA teams (4 total) and twice finished in the top 10 in NBA voting.

Rightly or wrongly, he was clearly regarded as an elite player and those players as usually given a season of grace, so to speak, even when they've clearly fallen or for whatever reason(s) aren't performing at that level.

Coaches also claim to place a premium on winning and at that point, this team was the only team in the same stratosphere as the Warriors, in terms of record. There was no precedent or criteria as to why Thompson made it over him, he had every right to question it (and I'm glad he did; I'm sick of the Spurs always taking the high road) and this series is irrelevant.

timtonymanu
05-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Forgot about this diva moment. Fuck Aldridge. He never deserved it this year to begin with.