PDA

View Full Version : Pop and Tony

SAGirl
02-13-2017, 05:59 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Parker-Popovich-relationship-resembles-what-Spurs-10929485.php

It’s the kind of question that requires a fair amount of thought.
With Tim Duncan (http://www.mysanantonio.com/search/?action=search&channel=sports%2Fspurs&inlineLink=1&searchindex=gsa&query=%22Tim+Duncan%22) — his first basketball “son” — now retired, what is the appropriate comparison to describe the relationship between Spurs coach Gregg Popovich (http://www.mysanantonio.com/search/?action=search&channel=sports%2Fspurs&inlineLink=1&searchindex=gsa&query=%22Gregg+Popovich%22) and point guard Tony Parker?
“Grandfather-grandson,” Spurs reserve guard Patty Mills (http://www.mysanantonio.com/search/?action=search&channel=sports%2Fspurs&inlineLink=1&searchindex=gsa&query=%22Patty+Mills%22) said.

This season, Duncan’s departure may have temporarily left Popovich with a feeling of emptiness. Parker, slowly, helped fill the void. Though many assumed he would retire after Duncan called it a career, Popovich has yet to make good on his promise. Parker is one reason why, at 68, Popovich is still going.
“He told me the same thing: ‘I’ll retire when you retire,’” Parker said.

The relationship Popovich shared with Duncan can never be matched. But if there is anything that comes close, it’s Popovich-Parker.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2017, 06:00 PM
Their relationship is like the owner that can't accept that his blind, arthritic, senile dog needs to be euthanized, tbh..

My girl's mom went through it, last year, it was sad to watch..

coachmac87
02-13-2017, 06:01 PM
Their relationship is like the owner that can't accept that his blind, arthritic, senile dog needs to be euthanized, tbh..

Have you ever owned a dog???

Hardest thing in the world to bruh :lol

SAGirl
02-13-2017, 06:01 PM
It's just an eye opener for everyone wanting a change. Tony shall retire a Spur and frankly when he plays well the Spurs are a different animal. He can't do that nightly anymore and that is an issue... and shall continue to be so.

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2017, 06:02 PM
Have you ever owned a dog???

Hardest thing in the world to bruh :lol

Yes, my dog currently has cancer and I'm spending a ton of $ on pain management..he's probably going to die within the next 2 months, tbh..

I can relate to Pop, in this instance:lol

-21-
02-13-2017, 06:02 PM
Not the best time to post this. :lol

tbdog
02-13-2017, 06:03 PM
The thing is, that is BS. Spurs have dangled Parker before, when Chris Paul was on the block in Charlotte. I know that was years ago and lot can change, but Parker is not untouchable. It will require a home run, not a slight upgrade. For example, they wouldnt trade Parker for Teague straight up, although it is a clear upgrade, just for loyalty.

BillMc
02-13-2017, 06:05 PM
I believe when they recruited LMA, Pop committed to him he'd be here the length of the contract.

dabom
02-13-2017, 06:06 PM
I mean he played porker during 2015 Playoffs. :lol

coachmac87
02-13-2017, 06:08 PM
It's just an eye opener for everyone wanting a change. Tony shall retire a Spur and frankly when he plays well the Spurs are a different animal. He can't do that nightly anymore and that is an issue... and shall continue to be so.

Spurs gave Tony that contract before everyone knew he was done tbh..they got stuck. I dunno what people expect the FO to do tbh? They addressed the front court because that's what needed to be addressed with Timmy being completely done first..and the expiring contracts of Bobo, Bonner etc.

It's not like there's been no brainier opportunities with FA to take advantage of. They kicked the tires on KD and missed..which fucked over the entire league..not just the Spurs. If the Warriors aren't who they were I think the Spurs would like their chances to compete for a title..and tbh they're still an injury to GSW from being the favorites in the West

coachmac87
02-13-2017, 06:10 PM
Yes, my dog currently has cancer and I'm spending a ton of $ on pain management..he's probably going to die within the next 2 months, tbh..

I can relate to Pop, in this instance:lol

Sorry to hear that man...my 8yr old boxer died of cancer maybe a month or so

sananspursfan21
02-13-2017, 06:29 PM
The thing is, that is BS. Spurs have dangled Parker before, when Chris Paul was on the block in Charlotte. I know that was years ago and lot can change, but Parker is not untouchable. It will require a home run, not a slight upgrade. For example, they wouldnt trade Parker for Teague straight up, although it is a clear upgrade, just for loyalty.

When did Chris Paul play for Charlotte???????

tbdog
02-13-2017, 06:30 PM
When did Chris Paul play for Charlotte???????

Were they NO then?

dabom
02-13-2017, 06:30 PM
Were they NO then?

The teams never moved. Just changed names...

sananspursfan21
02-13-2017, 06:32 PM
Were they NO then?

At the time Paul played for the Hornets, Charlotte was the Bobcats :)

FkLA
02-13-2017, 08:40 PM
Paddy with the subtle jab. :lol

ElNono
02-13-2017, 09:51 PM
Paddy with the subtle jab. :lol

"subtle" :lol