PDA

View Full Version : Did Scooter Pull An OJ?

Nbadan
10-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Cheney aide leaves country as investigation into CIA outing wraps up... Developing...

Rawstory (http://rawstory.com/)

Humm...imagine that. Scooter Libby leaving the country just when Special Prosecutor Fitzgerald is about to announce major indictments in the Valarie Plame case. Don't know if this information is factual or speculation yet, but this is certainly be something worth watching.

No word on whether Libby was driving a white bronco just yet.

:hat

Nbadan
10-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Earlier conversations are potentially significant, because that suggests the special prosecutor leading the investigation is exploring whether there was an effort within the administration at an early stage to develop and disseminate confidential information to the press that could undercut former Ambassador Joseph Wilson and his wife, Central Intelligence Agency official Valerie Plame.

Mr. Wilson had become a thorn in the Bush administration's side, as he sought to undermine the administration's claims that Iraq had sought to buy materials for building nuclear weapons from other countries, such as uranium "yellowcake" from Niger. Ultimately, his wife's name and identity were disclosed in a newspaper column, prompting the investigation into whether someone in the administration broke the law by revealing the identity of an undercover agent.
Advertisement

Mr. Fitzgerald's pursuit now suggests he might be investigating not a narrow case on the leaking of the agent's name, but perhaps a broader conspiracy.

---

Lawyers familiar with the investigation believe that at least part of the outcome likely hangs on the inner workings of what has been dubbed the White House Iraq Group. Formed in August 2002, the group, which included Messrs. Rove and Libby, worked on setting strategy for selling the war in Iraq to the public in the months leading up to the March 2003 invasion. The group likely would have played a significant role in responding to Mr. Wilson's claims.<snip>

The White House Iraqi Group is the sanitized name for the OSP, or the Office of Special Plans. The OSP passed along unvetted intelligence on Iraq and Saddam to the administration, the WH, the Senate, the House, and just about every other intelligence agency in the U.S..

Fitzgerald is close to breaking this one, but will he go all the way? My guess is he will.

Nbadan
10-12-2005, 12:00 AM
At least two major publications are working on stories that point to VP Darth Cheney as the target of Fitzgerald's continuing investigation...

The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg are working on stories that point to Vice President Dick Cheney as the target of special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald's investigation into the leaking of CIA operative Valerie Plame's name.

Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2005/10/11/news-orgs-working-on-stor_n_8705.html)

Nbadan
10-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Now we know why Libby may be running...

Libby also did not disclose the June 23 conversation when he was twice interviewed by FBI agents working on the Plame leak investigation, the sources said.

Special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald apparently learned about the June 23 conversation for the first time just days ago, after attorneys for Miller and The New York Times informed prosecutors that Miller had discovered a set of notes on the conversation.

Miller had spent 85 days in jail for contempt of court for refusing to testify before the grand jury about her conversations with Libby and other Bush administration officials regarding Plame. She was released from jail after she agreed to cooperate with Fitzgerald's investigation. Miller testified before the grand jury on September 30, and attorneys familiar with the matter said that she agreed to be questioned further by Fitzgerald today.

Meanwhile, in recent days Fitzgerald has also expressed significant interest in whether Libby may have sought to discourage Miller-either directly or indirectly through her attorney-from testifying before the grand jury, or cooperating in other ways with the criminal probe, according to attorneys familiar with Miller's discussions with prosecutors.

National Journal (http://nationaljournal.com/about/njweekly/stories/2005/1011nj1.htm#)

Nbadan
10-12-2005, 12:50 AM
The members of the White House Iraq Group are:
* Karl Rove
* Karen Hughes
* Mary Matalin
* James R. Wilkinson
* Nicholas E. Calio
* Condoleezza Rice
* Stephen Hadley
* I. Lewis (Scooter) Libby

Source Watch (http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=White_House_Iraq_Group)

Hook Dem
10-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Are you enjoying replying to your own posts Dan? I think I hear black helicopters. :lol

xrayzebra
10-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Are you enjoying replying to your own posts Dan? I think I hear black helicopters. :lol

He had better quit slobbering into his keyboard or he will ruin it. Gee, I hate to see someone with dribble running down their chin. :lol