PDA

View Full Version : Serge Ibaka

SilverSpur
02-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Serge Ibaka traded to Toronto, but I don't think he stays there.
He becomes a free agent at the end of the season.
What are the chances we go after him and sign him or is he out of our reach,will he ask too much?
:flag::lobt2:

$pursDynasty
02-14-2017, 05:48 PM
Prime Serge would be awesome he single handedly intimidated the entire Spurs team from attempting any shots in the paint...Until CoJo. Now he is a shadow of his former self on defense just wanting to shoot 3's. Now I would rather keep Dewayne (a LOT cheaper), but prime Serge was something sadly he is still young but has regressed.

Chews
02-14-2017, 06:27 PM
Prime Serge would be awesome he single handedly intimidated the entire Spurs team from attempting any shots in the paint...Until CoJo. Now he is a shadow of his former self on defense just wanting to shoot 3's. Now I would rather keep Dewayne (a LOT cheaper), but prime Serge was something sadly he is still young but has regressed.

Curious if you think that is something that can be coached back into him? Do you think if he was on a contender team that he would give more effort? Haven't seen any Magic games outside of the Spurs games, so I haven't a clue on how badly he has regressed.

Robz4000
02-14-2017, 06:32 PM

Abaka isn't young. Although he's listed as 27 he's actually around 32/33.

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2017, 06:32 PM
Abaka isn't young. Although he's listed as 27 he's actually around 32/33.

That's probably generous, tbh:lol

Mr. Body
02-14-2017, 06:42 PM
And OKC got Oladipo for him...

02-14-2017, 06:47 PM
Now he is a shadow of his former self on defense just wanting to shoot 3'sNot sure why people always bring up this. Where's the correlation between him shooting threes and his defense regressing? Not to say he hasn't regressed from '12-'14 form :lol

Trueblood
02-14-2017, 08:08 PM
Not sure why people always bring up this. Where's the correlation between him shooting threes and his defense regressing? Not to say he hasn't regressed from '12-'14 form :lol

I don't think most people see a causation. They're simply pointing out two different flaws in his game that have both grown at a similar rate. Separate but equally annoying you could say

Ice009
02-14-2017, 08:16 PM
Wow, is he still only 27??? That's amazing. I thought he was 30 or so with the way that his game has dropped off. Is there actually a legit chance that he's older than he's listed? I know people joke about it, but is it possible that he's actually older?

Seventyniner
02-14-2017, 08:55 PM
Wow, is he still only 27??? That's amazing. I thought he was 30 or so with the way that his game has dropped off. Is there actually a legit chance that he's older than he's listed? I know people joke about it, but is it possible that he's actually older?

If by "possible" you mean "certain" then yes.

MaNu4Tres
02-14-2017, 11:28 PM

Lol

Hes like 32-33.

offset formation
02-14-2017, 11:36 PM

Gagnrath
02-15-2017, 12:44 AM
I would be willing to make a pass at him he has been coming back from knee surgery and had a couple of poor years. Wouldn't exactly expect prime Obama but with a good situation he might turn things around to be very valuable.

cd021
02-15-2017, 02:09 AM
I would be willing to make a pass at him he has been coming back from knee surgery and had a couple of poor years. Wouldn't exactly expect prime Obama but with a good situation he might turn things around to be very valuable.

I'd take him too, tbh :lol

cd021
02-15-2017, 02:12 AM
He's way out of the Spurs price range, unlesss Gasol opt out (he's already said he won't) Dedmon is cheaper and probably younger. I would give the spurs a decent chance at retaining him given how many teams already have starting centers and or young centers on the rise or are capped out.