PDA

View Full Version : Europe: LMAO S0-0ccer

midnightpulp
02-15-2017, 12:59 AM
http://oi63.tinypic.com/2yju9fd.jpg

3, THREE!, 0-0 ties in one day.

S0-0ccer fans will actually rationalize that.

apalisoc_9
02-15-2017, 01:06 AM
You looked up the D-League version of the English premier league?

That's like looking up the D-League of the Chinese basketball association..dude you ok?

Clipper Nation
02-15-2017, 01:06 AM
And two 1-1 ties for good measure. This "sport" is the liberals' wet dream: nobody loses and everybody gets a trophy.

midnightpulp
02-15-2017, 01:11 AM
You looked up the D-League version of the English premier league?

That's like looking up the D-League of the Chinese basketball association..dude you ok?

This shit happens in the top leagues, too.

Terribly designed sport.

midnightpulp
02-15-2017, 01:14 AM
http://oi64.tinypic.com/2qvrw50.jpg

3 ties in a top league. Not 0-0, but ties nonetheless. And why does S0-0ccer always have the same scoring lines? 2-0, 2-1, 1-0. Very rarely are we treated to something unpredictable in this silly ass "sport."

resistanze
02-15-2017, 01:33 AM
I love the snoozeball vs beisbol rivalry but damn, you trolled using the AA equivalent of soccer :lol

djohn2oo8
02-15-2017, 04:57 AM
And two 1-1 ties for good measure. This "sport" is the liberals' wet dream: nobody loses and everybody gets a trophy.

Go get in there and talk about your boy committing trea son :lol

lefty
02-15-2017, 09:30 AM
0-0 ties in soccer aee more exciting than 10-9 games in beisbol

In soccer even if it's scoreless, there is still action

In beisbol, regardless of the score, nothing is really happenin

Soccer : calories burned
Beisbol : empty calories

02-15-2017, 10:13 AM

:lol truthbombs tbh

Clipper Nation
02-15-2017, 10:16 AM
:lol Aimlessly jogging around a field = "action"

Damn, floptrot fans are the most easily-impressed suckers on Earth.

Darth_Pelican
02-15-2017, 10:20 AM

:lol The face of the sport is 5'7, dyed his hair blonde, and quit on his country.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vSuSS5z1eSw/maxresdefault.jpg

Clipper Nation
02-15-2017, 10:41 AM
If the GOAT of your "sport" is a flamboyantly gay midget, it's not a real sport.

lefty
02-15-2017, 10:46 AM

But they don't even move in beisbol :lol

Oh wait they spit and scratch their stiff, I guess that counts :lol

lefty
02-15-2017, 10:47 AM
:lol truthbombs tbh

:lol Trumpball

02-15-2017, 10:54 AM
And yet we can't be bothered watching 2mins of fatball :lol

02-15-2017, 10:54 AM
:lmao

HarlemHeat37
02-15-2017, 10:55 AM
I guess the 2 sports have more in common than perceived, as their 2 greatest players of the past few eras(Messi and Bonds) are HGH abusers, tbh:lol

02-15-2017, 11:00 AM
:lol thinking EPLOL is relevant
:lol thinking misty is the greatest of his era
:lol 'murikans
:lol trumpbol

HarlemHeat37
02-15-2017, 11:01 AM

I don't really follow soccer(or baseball, really), but seems like most people think Messi is the GOAT, at least from what I've read online..

Darth_Pelican
02-15-2017, 11:04 AM
I don't really follow soccer(or baseball, really), but seems like most people think Messi is the GOAT, at least from what I've read online..

It's basically a 2 horse race between him and Ronaldo. Most wetbacks think it's Messi, while the Eurotrash prefer Ronaldo.

apalisoc_9
02-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Messi is nowherebbear GOAT...That's like saying Kobe is GOAT

:lmao

He's not even top 2 in the last 20 years. Ronaldo Brazil and Robaldo Portugal sre the two best in the last 20 years.

02-15-2017, 11:08 AM

It's basically a 2 horse race between him and Ronaldo. Most wetbacks think it's Messi, while the Eurotrash prefer Ronaldo.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

HarlemHeat37
02-15-2017, 11:14 AM
I just searched "Messi GOAT" and got a lot of hits, tbh:lol..is this a case of ":lol today's soccer" bitterness?

apalisoc_9
02-15-2017, 11:24 AM
Messi is one of the top 5 players in history in terms of individual statistical feats.

But I just dont understand soccer fan logic in general. He hasnt won the world cup or continental cup ( the most important titles in a GOAT resume) you need to have at least one...

He's been playing with stacked teams..Heck Argentina is the most talented nation upfront. Higuin, Aguero etc all play like superstars in thei lr respective clubs but is reduced to sideshlw bobs in Argentina.

resistanze
02-15-2017, 11:30 AM

:lol

DAF86
02-15-2017, 12:34 PM
I just searched "Messi GOAT" and got a lot of hits, tbh:lol..is this a case of ":lol today's soccer" bitterness?

Yep, with lefty and 140 at the head of it, tbh.

DAF86
02-15-2017, 12:36 PM
It's basically a 2 horse race between him and Ronaldo. Most intelligent people think it's Messi, while a very reduced group of fanboys prefer Ronaldo.

Fixed and it's really not close at all, tbh.

DAF86
02-15-2017, 12:37 PM
btw, I don't understand Staters irrational problem with draws, tbh. :lol

Canyonero
02-15-2017, 01:17 PM
Man I can't wait for those epic 10-hour games between the New York Gum Chewers and the Boston Cholesterols.

lefty
02-15-2017, 01:19 PM

True true

Mitch
02-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Would rather watch pro bowling than a bunch of hungry third worlders chase a ball for two hours, tbh

02-15-2017, 02:43 PM
It's quite interesting tbh. Not the brightest bunch I guess :lol

Canyonero
02-15-2017, 02:44 PM
Would rather watch pro bowling than a bunch of hungry third worlders chase a ball for two hours, tbh

Do muricans actually consider that a sport? :lmao

02-15-2017, 02:45 PM
So you actually think the race for GOAT is between those 2? Cmon son :lol

ElNono
02-15-2017, 02:46 PM

:lol It's like your Dad Killer schtick, tbh... you know he's the GOAT and has all the hardware, but have to take on an angle to shit on the guy...

02-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Well they even consider trumpball a sport

DAF86
02-15-2017, 02:48 PM
So you actually think the race for GOAT is between those 2? Cmon son :lol

Nope, not Sidenaldo. Messi is definitely on the GOAT debate though.

ElNono

It's because they have to sit for at least 1-2 hours of commercials every game on every sport. You better have a winner at the end, tbh...

midnightpulp
I love the snoozeball vs beisbol rivalry but damn, you trolled using the AA equivalent of soccer :lol

Happens in the top leagues too. I only trolled since lefty trolled (also using minor leagues), figured I make fun of S0-0ccer's tie problem, checked the latest scores, and of course there was like 50 ties across all leagues :lol

02-15-2017, 02:52 PM
:rolleyes

None of them are

midnightpulp
02-15-2017, 02:54 PM

The purpose of any game/sport is to WIN.

When foobaw had a couple of ties this season, it was like a national story and the media was crying foul. If a game or sport produces a lot of ties, that's an example of poor game design, i.e. tic-tac-toe.

Soccer is the worst designed major sport on the planet. Ties, poor comeback factor, predictable scoring lines, disproportionate awards for penalties, Mario Party. But they lightly jog around, so I guess it's "exciting."

Mitch
02-15-2017, 02:55 PM

I'm not sure, but it's a game of skill in my book. I used to think it was a joke since bowling is easy, but I found out they oil the isles in pro games.

DAF86
:rolleyes

None of them are

So you are going to seat there and pretend like the guy that will end up as the all-time leader in goals, assists and championships in all of Europe doesn't even belong in the GOAT discussion? Ok. :lol

Silver&Black

That's half the problem right there. I will give you credit though. At least you're talking about draws. Most Povertyball fans on ST don't even go near it because they know that it's an unwinnable debate.

It's called competition. Excuse me for wanting a winner/loser to be decided at the end of the it.

DAF86
02-15-2017, 02:56 PM
That's half the problem right there. I will give you credit though. At least you're talking about draws. Most Povertyball fans on ST don't even go near it because they know that it's an unwinnable debate.

It's called competition. Excuse me for wanting a winner/loser to be decided at the end of the it.

There's always a winner/loser decided after every soccer competition, tbh.

DAF86
02-15-2017, 03:00 PM

When foobaw had a couple of ties this season, it was like a national story and the media was crying foul. If a game or sport produces a lot of ties, that's an example of poor game design, i.e. tic-tac-toe.

Soccer is the worst designed major sport on the planet. Ties, poor comeback factor, predictable scoring lines, disproportionate awards for penalties, Mario Party. But they lightly jog around, so I guess it's "exciting."

Soccer could easily implement extra time and/or shootouts after every draw in domestic competition, but the rest of the World doesn't have this irrational hate for draws, tbh. :lol

midnightpulp
02-15-2017, 03:01 PM
There's always a winner/loser decided after every soccer competition, tbh.

Through a Mario Party minigame, which is a travesty. And don't come with tradition bullshit. You should know they used to play until a winner was declared back in the old days, even if the match had to last multiple days.

That's a much better solution.

":cry But you can't expect World Cup attendees and the audience to have that kind of patience :cry"

Why not? Imagine the hype for the next leg in such a match. It would be like a pseudo-7 game series.

midnightpulp
02-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Soocer could easily implement extra time and/or shootouts after every draw in domestic competition, but the rest of the World doesn't have this irrational hate for draws, tbh. :lol

Cognitive dissonance. The rest of the world rationalizes that shit because it occurs in the sport most of them consider a religion. They simply can't accept its shortcomings, much like a believer couldn't/wouldn't accept their faith's illogic.

HarlemHeat37
02-15-2017, 03:05 PM

:lol

02-15-2017, 03:06 PM
So you are going to seat there and pretend like the guy that will end up as the all-time leader in goals, assists and championships in all of Europe doesn't even belong in the GOAT discussion? Ok. :lol
Empty stats inflated by barthas system tbh

Silver&Black
02-15-2017, 03:10 PM
You should know they used to play until a winner was declared back in the old days, even if the match had to last multiple days.I'm not a Tennis guy at all....can't even told you who won Wimbledon last year. But, I remember a few years ago that one match that lasted 3 days because the two guys couldn't break each others serve. That match will go down in Tennis history because of its length. You play till a winner is decided...plain and simple.

They played a 138 game 5th set....:wow

http://www.tsmplug.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Longest-tennis-match.jpg

Darth_Pelican
02-15-2017, 03:11 PM

:lol So Messi is Jordan and Ronaldo is Lebron?

02-15-2017, 03:18 PM
lmao

if anything, missy is like lebron pre 2012 - gaudy stats but chokes under pressure and has nothing to show for it

Canyonero
02-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Choke under pressure like getting injured early in a final?

DAF86
02-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Cognitive dissonance. The rest of the world rationalizes that shit because it occurs in the sport most of them consider a religion. They simply can't accept its shortcomings, much like a believer couldn't/wouldn't accept their faith's illogic.

Same could be said the other way around. Staters think every single game needs to have a winner 'cause they are already used to that, even though it makes more sense for a long competition, like soccer leagues or regular seasons in professional US sports, to contabilize draws in the standings.

Clipper Nation
02-15-2017, 03:32 PM

We barely tolerate ties in real sports like football, baseball (yes, it's happened (http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/09/29/cubs-pirates-tie-game-rainout) in extremely rare cases), and hockey (before the NHL invented the shootout) where there's actual drama, tension and athletic ability on display. No way are we going to sit through 0-0 ties in floptrot where both teams spend all their energy on flopping and parking the bus instead of scoring.

DAF86
02-15-2017, 03:33 PM
lmao

if anything, missy is like lebron pre 2012 - gaudy stats but chokes under pressure and has nothing to show for it

Except for the biggest amount of championships of any professional soccer player in the history of the Sport. :lol

DAF86
02-15-2017, 03:35 PM

More like Messi is Jordan/Lebron and Ronaldo is Kobe, tbh. Actually, that's a pretty damn good analogy, tbh.

02-15-2017, 03:37 PM
Except for the biggest amount of championships of any professional soccer player in the history of the Sport. :lol
:lol club titles

02-15-2017, 03:39 PM
So your opponent purposely injuring you now equals to choking? Ok :lol

DAF86
02-15-2017, 03:42 PM
:lol club titles

Yep, club titles. Where the best level of soccer is displayed. :lol

Why do you put so much stock into NT competition? Tournaments are played once every 4 years and teams are less competitive than their club counterparts.

Jodelo
02-15-2017, 03:43 PM

More like missing a penalty in the final shootout...

Canyonero
02-15-2017, 03:45 PM

Should have pulled a Benchnaldo and let his mates win for him imho.

DAF86
02-15-2017, 03:46 PM

LNeEsV39-g0

02-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Yep, club titles. Where the best level of soccer is displayed. :lol

Why do you put so much stock into NT competition? Tournaments are played once every 4 years and teams are less competitive than their club counterparts.
Because in football that's when the stakes are at their highest. They're the only competitions that really matter. You know that, you just don't want to admit it because your boy usually fails to show up for them.

Honestly, why would I ever give a fuck about random club cups and leagues that happen every year all the way in fucking Europe? :lol

DAF86
02-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Because in football that's when the stakes are at their highest. They're the only competitions that really matter. You know that, you just don't want to admit it because your boy usually fails to show up for them.

Honestly, why would I ever give a fuck about random club cups and leagues that happen every year all the way in fucking Europe? :lol

"Only competitions that really matter" :lmao

Most hardcore fans prefer for his club to win the Champions League/Copa Libertadores than see his NT win the World cup.

And lol at "Messi doesn't show up for the WC". He has a WC Golden Ball, you can argue if he deserved it or not (he did), but you can't deny that he "showed up" enough for him to be in the discussion and eventually win it, tbh.

Bynumite
02-15-2017, 04:14 PM
LMAO @ dissecting D league povertyball results :lmao

Meanwhile yesterday and today, we saw 14 goals in 4 matches of champions league football.

02-15-2017, 04:31 PM
"Only competitions that really matter" :lmao

Most hardcore fans prefer for his club to win the Champions League/Copa Libertadores than see his NT win the World cup.
My bad, I shouldn't really expect you to know how it feels when your NT wins a title...its been like what, 30 years for you guys? (You can thank your boy for that :lmao)

And lol at "Messi doesn't show up for the WC". He has a WC Golden Ball, you can argue if he deserved it or not (he did), but you can't deny that he "showed up" enough for him to be in the discussion and eventually win it, tbh.
that shit was fucking shameless tbh..even he was embarrassed to accept it :lol

DAF86
02-15-2017, 04:37 PM
My bad, I shouldn't really expect you to know how it feels when your NT wins a title...its been like what, 30 years for you guys? (You can thank your boy for that :lmao)

that shit was fucking shameless tbh..even he was embarrassed to accept it :lol

Actually the fans from the countries with the most cups are the ones that are hardcore enough to prefer club success over country succes. Fans from countries that have yet to taste WC success are the ones that care more about their NT. A guy like lefty would give his left nut for Irak/Iran, or whatever terrorist country he is from, to win the WC, tbh.

02-15-2017, 04:47 PM
Actually the fans from the countries with the most cups are the ones that are hardcore enough to prefer club success over country succes. Fans from countries that have yet to taste WC success are the ones that care more about their NT. A guy like lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896) would give his left nut for Irak/Iran, or whatever terrorist country he is, to win the WC, tbh.
Some people might be like that, some aren't. The fact is that stakes are way higher in NT competitions, and rightfully so, since you have a whole nation counting on you.

DAF86
02-15-2017, 04:53 PM
Btw, Shout out to my terrorist nigga lefty, tbh. :lol

midnightpulp
02-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Same could be said the other way around. Staters think every single game needs to have a winner 'cause they are already used to that, even though it makes more sense for a long competition, like soccer leagues or regular seasons in professional US sports, to contabilize draws in the standings.

Problem with awarding points for ties in a league table, whether it's a soccer league, hockey league, baseball league, whatever, is that it promotes cheap tactics/strategies. Baseball, for example. Instead of a manager being forced into a difficult decision of whether or not to bring in his closer in a bottom of the 9th, tie game situation (or risk saving him for later innings), the decision becomes automatic. In the NFL, a team would just milk the clock with a run heavy or dink and dunk attack if they were facing a long drive to win (think of how passive teams get just before half time in that situation).

In soccer, teams just park to preserve ties. It's cheap.

There's really no excuse for ties, in any sport.

lefty
02-15-2017, 10:15 PM
FAKE NEWS!

SAD !

lefty
02-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Actually the fans from the countries with the most cups are the ones that are hardcore enough to prefer club success over country succes. Fans from countries that have yet to taste WC success are the ones that care more about their NT. A guy like lefty would give his left nut for Irak/Iran, or whatever terrorist country he is from, to win the WC, tbh.
An Algerian substitute scored vs Germany in the 2014 WC.

Messi didn't

02-16-2017, 04:22 AM
:rollin

02-16-2017, 05:25 AM
Problem with awarding points for ties in a league table, whether it's a soccer league, hockey league, baseball league, whatever, is that it promotes cheap tactics/strategies. Baseball, for example. Instead of a manager being forced into a difficult decision of whether or not to bring in his closer in a bottom of the 9th, tie game situation (or risk saving him for later innings), the decision becomes automatic. In the NFL, a team would just milk the clock with a run heavy or dink and dunk attack if they were facing a long drive to win (think of how passive teams get just before half time in that situation).

In soccer, teams just park to preserve ties. It's cheap.

There's really no excuse for ties, in any sport.
:madrun "I can't personally deal with the concept of ties, therefore it must be a flaw of the sport and should be abolished everywhere!!!":madrun

hater
02-16-2017, 07:40 AM

:lmao :lol

Lefty going HAM :lol

/thread