PDA

View Full Version : SPURS @ Magic - 2/15 6:00 CT 2:00 AM Riga time 9:00 PM Puerto Madryn

Pages : 1 [2]

spurs10
02-15-2017, 09:19 PM
So is this ankle 'impingement' a mild strain or does anyone know?

GSH
02-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Murray dribbled into 3 white jerseys. He has to keep his head up and be more aware

As long as he keeps bending over at the waist the way he does, he's going to get stripped a lot.

bklynspursfan
02-15-2017, 09:20 PM
Bill Walton throwing shade at Melo lol

GSH
02-15-2017, 09:23 PM
So is this ankle 'impingement' a mild strain or does anyone know?

I had to go look. Looks like it gets used as a sort of catch-all. The one thing we don't want to hear them talk about is "distal fibula". That's the place he had the big problem with the stress fractures.

BillMc
Victory!:flag:

bklynspursfan
Where Darius Bieber at?

bklynspursfan
02-15-2017, 09:24 PM
As long as he keeps bending over at the waist the way he does, he's going to get stripped a lot.

Yup. Thats one of the several things he's gotta improve if he wants consistent time

ace3g
02-15-2017, 09:25 PM
Jordan Howenstine @AirlessJordan
(https://twitter.com/AirlessJordan) 8m (https://twitter.com/AirlessJordan/status/832051219677970436) Most seasons with 40+ wins at the NBA All-Star break in last 20 years:
1. Spurs - 6
2t. Celtics - 3
2t. Warriors - 3
4. Four teams - 2

dabom
02-15-2017, 09:26 PM
I saw fathead shoot a quick 3 :wow ( still considered very fucking slow for regular shooters :lol)...

And it missed badly.

spurs10
02-15-2017, 09:27 PM
LMA owning his shooting slump. As Bill and Sean are saying "accountable." Good sign!

TheDoctor
02-15-2017, 09:27 PM
There aren't 5 better passing bigs in the league than Lee. And Pau might be one of them.

And Ti...

:depressed

SAGirl
02-15-2017, 09:28 PM
Where Darius Bieber at?
I
don't know but I am bumping Nono's thread "Back in the Hunt!"
:flag:

BillMc
02-15-2017, 09:31 PM
And Ti...

:depressed
:hang

gambit1990
02-15-2017, 09:33 PM
it's reassuring parker can shoot 2 for 10.

spurs10
02-15-2017, 09:35 PM
I had to go look. Looks like it gets used as a sort of catch-all. The one thing we don't want to hear them talk about is "distal fibula". That's the place he had the big problem with the stress fractures. Thanks haven't heard anything in the post game. Hoping for the best. He'll have a 9 day break.

SAGirl
02-15-2017, 09:36 PM
can anyone confirm this? just not sure if i misheard. the question was posed about a minute before murray made that great block. props to sean for wanting murray to start over parker.
I was watching on laptop on mute. I am not ignoring you. I can't confirm.

SpurPadre
02-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Revenge from the embarrassing loss we had to those scrubs the first time around...

dabom
02-15-2017, 09:40 PM
can anyone confirm this? just not sure if i misheard. the question was posed about a minute before murray made that great block. props to sean for wanting murray to start over parker.
I was watching the magic feed. I like to be next to my computer when I watch games sometimes.

TheDoctor
02-15-2017, 09:41 PM
:hang

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/042010/1271823630_f1-losing-wheels.gif

http://i.imgur.com/iRDHxWk.gif?1

DPG21920
02-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Lol Gambitt1892 getting ignored but still muttering stuff about TP all thread

elemento
02-15-2017, 10:00 PM
LMA taking a shit on Green in the 1st Q really set the tone for the rest of the game. For the great defensive reputation that Vogel has, putting Green on Aldridge wasn't a very smart idea. This guy keeps squeezing money from dumb teams. Dude is the perfect definition of an empty stats guy.

Only players I like in ORL are Gordon and Vucevic.

bklynspursfan
02-15-2017, 10:01 PM

That's honestly the best way to silence trolls is to not feed em as they say.

I'm fine if people have guys they aren't fans of. But some of these guys just go to the extreme, ignore facts, context, and do nothing but spit the same stuff

DAF86
02-15-2017, 10:11 PM

Kinda like you hyping up everything Parker does, and taking subtle jabs at Patty, whenever TP has a bad game and Mills a good one. :lol

DPG21920
02-15-2017, 10:14 PM
Kinda like you hyping up everything Parker does, and taking subtle jabs at Patty, whenever TP has a bad game and Mills a good one. :lol

Ok.

gambit1990
02-15-2017, 10:15 PM
Tp so unselfish
that play resulted in a shot clock violation :lol
so instead of "tp so unselfish" it was tp with a bad basketball decision.

DAF86
02-15-2017, 10:19 PM
Ok.

Just an example of what you always do, tbh:

Tp so unselfish

Patty looked so awful on that break too :lol. Awkward dribble, tried to be tricky with his eyes but was just awkward.

Was going to call you out on it but then decided to laugh it out by myself, tbh. :lol

Don't know if you realize it or not but you always do this, tbh.

DPG21920
02-15-2017, 10:20 PM
Just an example of what you always do, tbh:

Was going to call you out on it but then decided to laugh it out by myself, tbh. :lol

Don't know if you realize it or not but you always do this, tbh.

Is what I say untrue or unsubstantiated?

gambit1990
That's honestly the best way to silence trolls is to not feed em as they say.

I'm fine if people have guys they aren't fans of. But some of these guys just go to the extreme, ignore facts, context, and do nothing but spit the same stuff
right, i'm ignoring facts because i asked twice about if i heard something correctly on the telecast :lol

RD was right about bklynpursfan:

Can someone ban this pussy already?

DAF86

Yes, sometimes it is, tbh.

DAF86
02-15-2017, 10:26 PM
What's Canyonero's record when starting threads, tbh?

DPG21920
02-15-2017, 10:27 PM
Yes, sometimes it is, tbh.

Please point it out when it is. I don't think many people outside of the hate TP crew would agree tbh..

bklynspursfan
02-15-2017, 10:31 PM
right, i'm ignoring facts because i asked twice about if i heard something correctly on the telecast :lol

RD was right about bklynpursfan:

I'm not talking about that post in particular. You've done it before though.

And sure , I care what some other troll thinks on here. Cool story bro

DAF86
02-15-2017, 10:32 PM
Please point it out when it is. I don't think many people outside of the hate TP crew would agree tbh..

Just tonight, you said "so unselfish" when he should have shot it. :lol

You also negate the fact that TP has subpar vision, for a HoF PG, for some reason. But we have already discussed that. :lol

gambit1990
02-15-2017, 10:38 PM
I'm not talking about that post in particular.
:lmao then next time try reading what dpg said before you quote him :lol

bklynspursfan
02-15-2017, 10:40 PM
next time try reading what dpg said before you quote him :lmao

It was still relevant to the stuff you spew.. U heard what you wanted to hear in that mind if yours re: Sean I'm sure tho

gambit1990
02-15-2017, 10:42 PM
U heard what you wanted to hear in that mind if yours re: Sean I'm sure tho
:lmao

i asked if i misheard twice!

bklynspursfan
02-15-2017, 10:51 PM
:lmao

i asked if i misheard twice!

yet you said this with no one confirming it.....

props to sean for wanting murray to start over parker.

:wakeup

dabom
02-15-2017, 11:01 PM

You do what he says though. :lol

gambit1990
02-15-2017, 11:07 PM
yet you said this with no one confirming it.....

props to sean for wanting murray to start over parker.

:wakeup
well it turns out i heard correctly :lol

dabom
02-15-2017, 11:08 PM
well it turns out i heard correctly :lol

Did he really say that?

ace3g
02-15-2017, 11:10 PM

gambit1990
02-15-2017, 11:18 PM
Did he really say that?
sean brings up how murray should be getting PT then bill land says, "you want them to start murray, right?" like it was an admission sean had made off the air at some point.

i brought it up twice in this thread cause that's how surprised i was to hear it.

dabom
02-15-2017, 11:20 PM
sean brings up how murray should be getting PT then bill land says, "you want them to start murray, right?" like it was an admission sean had made off the air.

i brought it up twice in this thread cause that's how surprised i was to hear it.

:lol

That's awesome. I fully understand what Bill is trying to do. :lol

grjr
02-15-2017, 11:39 PM
sean brings up how murray should be getting PT then bill land says, "you want them to start murray, right?" like it was an admission sean had made off the air at some point.

They were talking about Murray starting the fourth quarter in this game so he could get more playing time.

BillMc
02-16-2017, 04:05 AM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/042010/1271823630_f1-losing-wheels.gif

http://i.imgur.com/iRDHxWk.gif?1

Too true ,my friend.

ElNono
02-16-2017, 04:11 AM

to be fair, so does gambit a lot of times, but you mock and deride regardless...

that said, I have nothing against player fans, tbh, but watch who you're laughing at and what you're laughing at them for... :lol

BillMc
02-16-2017, 04:29 AM

LMa is really down on himself. Cheer up big fella.

bklynspursfan
02-16-2017, 08:26 AM
They were talking about Murray starting the fourth quarter in this game so he could get more playing time.

I think anyone who actually follows the spurs knows there was either a mishearing by gambit or actual context that was missed.

He must have been so happy thinking Sean actually said what he wanted to hear.

Thanks for the clarification tho :toast

Canyonero
02-16-2017, 08:52 AM
What's Canyonero (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49822)'s record when starting threads, tbh?

9W 1L

NameLess Scrub
02-16-2017, 08:58 AM
Since Ibaka is traded Spurs might have a chance tonight.

Well told ya guys.. blow out and everything :lol

DPG21920
02-16-2017, 09:58 AM
to be fair, so does gambit a lot of times, but you mock and deride regardless...

that said, I have nothing against player fans, tbh, but watch who you're laughing at and what you're laughing at them for... :lol

What? Please tell me this is blue font. I can't take another Argie saying that someone that post positive things about TP to counteract the negative (especially when he positive aspects being pointed out are accurate) is the same as what Gambiitt does.

DPG21920
02-16-2017, 11:37 AM

This is correct. It's nothing like he's saying it is and he's lying again to justify wanting to relentlessly spew anti-TP stuff.

widowmaker
02-16-2017, 01:55 PM
I didn't know Ruby Rhod played for Orlando??

TampaDude
02-16-2017, 02:30 PM
As expected, an easy win for the Spurs. Bring on All Star Weekend!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

BatManu20
02-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Every year, the Magic are consistently bad enough to earn a lottery pick, but never bad enough to win a top 3 pick. Outside of 2004 when they got Dwight #1 overall, they always find a way to be just below-average enough to not warrant a 3 top pick. Maybe they'll actually do the right thing and tank the 2nd half of the season enough now and go all-in for the Markelle Fultz sweepstakes.

ElNono
02-16-2017, 07:15 PM
What? Please tell me this is blue font. I can't take another Argie saying that someone that post positive things about TP to counteract the negative (especially when he positive aspects being pointed out are accurate) is the same as what Gambiitt does.

:lol What does gambit do? He posts his opinion. You didn't post your opinion when you were trashing Patty? Was that negative? Was it worth some mockery and derision too? gambit posts accurate info too sometimes, even though it surely is perceived negatively by TP fans.

That's all I'm saying... I actually don't have a problem with people venting in game threads, tbh... I do it all the time :lol

I mean, I'm just pointing it out. Feel free to continue doing whatcha do.

RD2191
02-16-2017, 07:17 PM
:lol What does gambit do? He posts his opinion. You didn't post your opinion when you were trashing Patty? Was that negative? Was it worth some mockery and derision too? gambit posts accurate info too sometimes, even though it surely is perceived negatively by TP fans.

That's all I'm saying... I actually don't have a problem with people venting in game threads, tbh... I do it all the time :lol

Nono dropping bombs.

DPG21920
02-16-2017, 07:46 PM

This is ridiculous :lol. If you want to boil down constantly berating someone and basically lying to "posting opinions" cool. But there is a huge difference in blatantly lying and not understanding the game and saying the same thing over and over and over (even if once out of 100 times what you say has merit) and pointing out when a player has flaws in the moment and what they did wrong.

It's not trashing Patty. I wrote plenty of good things about Patty as do many others. I wrote that he ran a terrible break which if you watch again you will see. It's ok to be negative when warranted and when you can back it up. It's not ok to trash a player over and over with mostly lies and even when presented with numbers and video evidence to contradict your position, to still lie and trash a player over and over relentlessly .

DPG21920
02-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Nothing about what I post like is like Gambitt and to reduce it all down to "hey, it's all the same" is crazy. Not surprising though because it's about TP that you would defend a poster like Gambitts

ElNono
02-16-2017, 07:57 PM
This is ridiculous :lol. If you want to boil down constantly berating someone and basically lying to "posting opinions" cool. But there is a huge difference in blatantly lying and not understanding the game and saying the same thing over and over and over (even if once out of 100 times what you say has merit) and pointing out when a player has flaws in the moment and what they did wrong.

It's not trashing Patty. I wrote plenty of good things about Patty as do many others. I wrote that he ran a terrible break which if you watch again you will see. It's ok to be negative when warranted and when you can back it up. It's not ok to trash a player over and over with mostly lies and even when presented with numbers and video evidence to contradict your position, to still lie and trash a player over and over relentlessly .

This was accurate a week ago:

spurs with parker are 28-10, .737
spurs without parker are 11-2, .846

Negative? sure. Accurate? absolutely. Is it picking and choosing? you bet.

So is pretty much every opinion, especially on game threads, when you have immediate reactions. DAF pointed out you happen to pick and choose one way (inadvertently or not), gambit picks and chooses a different way.

I don't see how's that not equal. You're far less vocal or annoying (that's my opinion), but hey, I'm not complaining. I think both player-fans, player-haters and team-fans should be vocal (I do not like the team-haters schtick from guys like Bieber though, too played out).

DPG21920
02-16-2017, 08:02 PM
This was accurate a week ago:

Negative? sure. Accurate? absolutely. Is it picking and choosing? you bet.

So is pretty much every opinion, especially on game threads, when you have immediate reactions. DAF pointed out you happen to pick and choose one way (inadvertently or not), gambit picks and chooses a different way.

I don't see how's that not equal. You're far less vocal or annoying (that's my opinion), but hey, I'm not complaining. I think both player-fans, player-haters and team-fans should be vocal (I do not like the team-haters schtick from guys like Bieber though, too played out).

No. It's not equal. What he said there was true. But you are ignoring context and everything else. It he just posted that and used that to frame a singular argument, ok.

But that is not what happens. What he does is obsess and lie do things like say "bench Parker :lmao starting PG that shoots 2-12 :lmao He has NO VALUE, blah blah".

What I do is say something to the degree of "Well, he shot 2-12, but had 12 assists and only 2 TO's, there is value in that". Then I point out when he makes good plays because Gamboot and so many others tie TP's value only to scoring and act like everything he does is bad. I point out (often) many of the good things TP still does and try to explain his value when it's a teachable moment.

I've knocked TP too when he's been bad. But there has been so much hate and so much over the top and constant belaboring of TP that I feel it's necessary in game threads to point out the other aspects of the game and try to teach where I can.

It's wildly different and is not just two dudes sharing a difference of opinion. Im not the yin to his yang :lol. If I am and others truly believe that, it's time for me to retire tbh..

ElNono
02-16-2017, 08:07 PM
Nothing about what I post like is like Gambitt and to reduce it all down to "hey, it's all the same" is crazy. Not surprising though because it's about TP that you would defend a poster like Gambitts

This isn't about gambit, this is about you. I joined a convo you were having with DAF about your picking and choosing (which he gave example of, but you denied). After you were mocking gambit for basically, picking and choosing.

I thought it was pretty ironic and pointed it out, tbh...

apalisoc_9
02-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Gambit post are all based on opinion and raw stats.

If you get offended when he says parker has shot 1-10 and adds a lmao icon then I dont know what you have been doing in spurstalk.

That shit is way too common here and part of the spurstalk freedom.

dabom
02-16-2017, 08:08 PM
DPG has been semen shielding Porker forever. :lol

It's fine dude. :lol

ElNono
02-16-2017, 08:19 PM
No. It's not equal. What he said there was true. But you are ignoring context and everything else. It he just posted that and used that to frame a singular argument, ok.

But that is not what happens. What he does is obsess and lie do things like say "bench Parker :lmao starting PG that shoots 2-12 :lmao He has NO VALUE, blah blah".

What I do is say something to the degree of "Well, he shot 2-12, but had 12 assists and only 2 TO's, there is value in that". Then I point out when he makes good plays because Gamboot and so many others tie TP's value only to scoring and act like everything he does is bad. I point out (often) many of the good things TP still does and try to explain his value when it's a teachable moment.

I've knocked TP too when he's been bad. But there has been so much hate and so much over the top and constant belaboring of TP that I feel it's necessary in game threads to point out the other aspects of the game and try to teach where I can.

It's wildly different and is not just two dudes sharing a difference of opinion. Im not the yin to his yang :lol. If I am and others truly believe that, it's time for me to retire tbh..

I think it's pretty clear you have a different opinion of TP than gambit does. Sure, there's teachable moments, for those that are willing to learn. There's also the mocking and derision moments when they don't, I suppose?

I mean, I'm not saying the constant shitstorm is amusing or entertaining (you get used to scroll by certain posts after a while), but goddamn there was no teachable moment for me when it came to Bonner. Sometimes you're just burned out.

I do appreciate the teachable moments, though, you'll be surprised how much I disagree with gambit and FkLA when it comes to Tony, tbh... so by all means, I'm not going to tell you to stop being who you are.

SAGirl
02-16-2017, 08:30 PM

Nah
DPG you keep doing you.

Only guy that sometimes does get on my nerves as much as I respect him is brooklynfan bc he feels it's his duty to correct everybody in a sanctimonious way. Sometimes I have clashed with him bc he's not free of his own favoritisms... though he may pretend not to be... but he clashes with many guys often bc he wants to correct everybody on everything and doesn't let guys vent frustration without having a say about it.

I have learned you have to enjoy a good joke and let guys ride out their schticks. Tony is not perfect TBH, but neither is --- and --- and ... we can bring up any name in the team. Kiwi carries such a burden that criticism for him is almost sacrilegious to me, but it's not like he hasn't had Kawhobe moments where one thought, damn Kawhi that wasn't a good shot. And then there is Kyle passive: I am going to take 3 seconds to think what I want to do but still pass it out... lol Simmons: ok I am going to get in there and get my shot or so help me I will TO and get stripped bc I damn well I am going to get my own moments.
There is Manure with his TO and TOSB sightings, there is... hhmmmm Mills nights where he builds a castle with bricks and gives you bad defense where you say shit? 50 mill for this guy F...ck that shit!

lol there are plenty shticks to go around... Murray.. still too young but his TO are becoming something we can get used to.. as well as the floater that has not a prayer in the world to go in.

Hmmm what else Lamarcus ... /sigh so much to make fun of like him getting blocked by Vince Carter and putting up 4/20 or whatever that was against Memphis.

Pau? I used to call him La Estatua. Dude doesn't move one inch for a rebound that is not within his radius... among other defensive lapses.

Obviously we criticize less the guys we like but if we are honest? Danny Dribble? :lol Lee rim defense? :lol You see how this can keep going right?

dabom
02-16-2017, 08:34 PM
Fathead basketball player? :lol amirite?

dabom
02-16-2017, 08:39 PM
No one is telling dpg to change. We are just pointing out what he does.

ElNono
02-16-2017, 09:00 PM
Nah
DPG you keep doing you.

Only guy that sometimes does get on my nerves as much as I respect him is brooklynfan bc he feels it's his duty to correct everybody in a sanctimonious way. Sometimes I have clashed with him bc he's not free of his own favoritisms... though he may pretend not to be... but he clashes with many guys often bc he wants to correct everybody on everything and doesn't let guys vent frustration without having a say about it.

I have learned you have to enjoy a good joke and let guys ride out their schticks. Tony is not perfect TBH, but neither is --- and --- and ... we can bring up any name in the team. Kiwi carries such a burden that criticism for him is almost sacrilegious to me, but it's not like he hasn't had Kawhobe moments where one thought, damn Kawhi that wasn't a good shot. And then there is Kyle passive: I am going to take 3 seconds to think what I want to do but still pass it out... lol Simmons: ok I am going to get in there and get my shot or so help me I will TO and get stripped bc I damn well I am going to get my own moments.
There is Manure with his TO and TOSB sightings, there is... hhmmmm Mills nights where he builds a castle with bricks and gives you bad defense where you say shit? 50 mill for this guy F...ck that shit!

lol there are plenty shticks to go around... Murray.. still too young but his TO are becoming something we can get used to.. as well as the floater that has not a prayer in the world to go in.

Hmmm what else Lamarcus ... /sigh so much to make fun of like him getting blocked by Vince Carter and putting up 4/20 or whatever that was against Memphis.

Pau? I used to call him La Estatua. Dude doesn't move one inch for a rebound that is not within his radius... among other defensive lapses.

Obviously we criticize less the guys we like but if we are honest? Danny Dribble? :lol Lee rim defense? :lol You see how this can keep going right?

That's good :lol

Danny is starting to get on my nerves too, tbh... not Manu though, he's alright (:lol)

DPG21920
02-16-2017, 09:01 PM
Nono - I don't want to go back and forth there is too much. There's no irony and what "I do" and called out Gambite for is nothing alike.

To grab the other thing I said about TP that you said I ignored (TP being unselfish) highlights my point. I may be wrong sometimes but it's not because what I say is blatant lies & trolling.

Just bc the shot ended in a violation and TP should have shot it doesn't mean it was a lie or purposely dishonest. Even Sean on the broadcast said it was unselfish. May have been the wrong play in hindsight but it was an unselfish play to give the better shooter a great shot.

What Gambit does is way different. I may try to counteract all the TP hate (not just Gamboat) but it's about a Analyzing the game and debunking the Patty should start stuff.

DPG21920
02-16-2017, 09:07 PM
Gambit post are all based on opinion and raw stats.

If you get offended when he says parker has shot 1-10 and adds a lmao icon then I dont know what you have been doing in spurstalk.

That shit is way too common here and part of the spurstalk freedom.

That's not what offends me or what I mocked him for. I mocked him for lying about what the broadcasters said then as he was ignored he then resorted to random TP throw away stuff).

Posting raw stats is fine. But relentlessly bashing TP over and over is what is annoying and ruins the forum Especially when it's not even clever.

But like many before him and many after just have to ignore it.

ElNono
02-16-2017, 09:10 PM
Nono - I don't want to go back and forth there is too much. There's no irony and what "I do" and called out Gambite for is nothing alike.

To grab the other thing I said about TP that you said I ignored (TP being unselfish) highlights my point. I may be wrong sometimes but it's not because what I say is blatant lies & trolling.

Just bc the shot ended in a violation and TP should have shot it doesn't mean it was a lie or purposely dishonest. Even Sean on the broadcast said it was unselfish. May have been the wrong play in hindsight but it was an unselfish play to give the better shooter a great shot.

What Gambit does is way different. I may try to counteract all the TP hate (not just Gamboat) but it's about a Analyzing the game and debunking the Patty should start stuff.

Look, it's fine by me. I said it already: I just pointed it out. Apologies if it came across as finger pointing or something, tbh...

GSH
02-16-2017, 10:20 PM
You know what the difference is? When you've already reached a conclusion, and you go out looking for stats that support it. That's just blind player-fan/hater. And this place is drowning in it.

If someone sees a stat or a trend, and then tries to figure out what causes it? Most people will join in that kind of discussion. When the conclusion is ALWAYS that one player sucks, or another player is great? It's always the same damn people hawking the same damn stories. And it's monotonous mind-novocaine.

SAGirl
02-17-2017, 01:17 AM
You know what the difference is? When you've already reached a conclusion, and you go out looking for stats that support it. That's just blind player-fan/hater. And this place is drowning in it.

If someone sees a stat or a trend, and then tries to figure out what causes it? Most people will join in that kind of discussion. When the conclusion is ALWAYS that one player sucks, or another player is great? It's always the same damn people hawking the same damn stories. And it's monotonous mind-novocaine.
One cannot dissuade someone from trying to go against a schtick they feel they must debunk. I fell into that in my earliest forum posting but discovered that it only made me annoying to others bc they already had their opinions formed and there's no changing them and It annoyed me to. So I kind of stopped. I now enjoy the jokes... and the occasional interesting discussion. When someone has a stchick as strong as gambit (he's not the only one or the only player about whom it happens) you just understand that's his opinion and it's not going to change and move on. Sometimes he actually does have a point. And DPG is fine. It reminds me of every time you point out some nice play from Simmons. I do the same with Anderson, Nono with Manu... I like others too by the way... and have started diversifying my repertoire. Lol

Lately I just feel less inclined to criticize Manu or Tony. They have aged. Pop has young guys he can play and he's the one who chooses what the team runs and who to play or if they are playing so well you want to ride them out or it's one of those nights that it's better to let the young legs get some run.

GSH
02-17-2017, 09:50 AM
It reminds me of every time you point out some nice play from Simmons. I do the same with Anderson, Nono with Manu

You haven't noticed that I point out the same good things when it's Kyle? Or Murray. Or Manu. Or Tony. Or Danny.

As kindly as I can put this - you really aren't the one who should be talking about "shtick". You've refined yours, I'll give you that. You do the martyr thing, about how you always get picked on for talking about Kyle (which always presumes they are wrong about Kyle AND you). Then you do the "I told you so" thing every time he makes a good play. But at least it's a more sophisticated shtick than the Tony-haters, and there's only one of you. And unlike them, you do talk about other things.

Go back in this thread a few pages. Kyle made a good play, and you had to get in the jab about how I said he needed to put on muscle. As if that one play proved that he's really fine the way he is. (He isn't, and he does need to get stronger.) You know a lot more about basketball than you get credit for around here, because you're so single-minded. Still.

dabom
02-17-2017, 09:59 AM
You haven't noticed that I point out the same good things when it's Kyle? Or Murray. Or Manu. Or Tony. Or Danny.

As kindly as I can put this - you really aren't the one who should be talking about "shtick". You've refined yours, I'll give you that. You do the martyr thing, about how you always get picked on for talking about Kyle (which always presumes they are wrong about Kyle AND you). Then you do the "I told you so" thing every time he makes a good play. But at least it's a more sophisticated shtick than the Tony-haters, and there's only one of you. And unlike them, you do talk about other things.

Go back in this thread a few pages. Kyle made a good play, and you had to get in the jab about how I said he needed to put on muscle. As if that one play proved that he's really fine the way he is. (He isn't, and he does need to get stronger.) You know a lot more about basketball than you get credit for around here, because you're so single-minded. Still.

Chinook did the same. One good play with Kyle and he made a whole post about how he needs to do that vs the warriors. :lol

TheDoctor
02-17-2017, 11:04 AM
Are we really going to get into this discussion? You guys know more than that. SpursTalk is a forum consisted of highly intelligent people to the point where they can expose and manage statistics to create certain agendas. In contrast, other blogs like Pounding the Cock and Reddit are full of hypocrites who take information from here in ST to develop their "amazing" articles.

And to top it all, we are criticized by those motherfuckers for being a "horrible place", that we don't talk about basketball, among other things when we know that isn't true. Here we talk about basketball in the most real and intelligent way possible. Each xxxx-stan group has its own schtick and that is part of the fun and part of the culture tbh :lol

Or you guys want ST to be this full of old boring fucks forum a la PTC who regulate and filter everything as if it were a mortal sin to criticize and mock Spurs' players? As I said before, Spurs Talk is the most realest and nearest way to watch games with a group of friends at a Bar. Simply an amazing experience.

Having said all that, I still find it funny that people take it so personal when x or y ST member criticizes x or y player with or without reason hahahaha

SAGirl
02-17-2017, 11:18 AM

I missed that... but it was a generalization obviously. I joined this thread with the game about 3/4 of the way in.

In reality DPG is not in gambits class bc he does talk about other things than old Tony... like you, like me, like Nono even. I mean we have our favorites but our entire visit to the forum is not some type of tirade against a guy which Gambits is. Gambit is almost in his own class if it weren't for FKLA and a few others I may be missing. They are easy to not get bothered about IMO bc they are so predictable. The same with the true Kyle haters like Kikoluna... and the GYT. I don't even bother with them. The stronger someone is with a schtick the easier it is to ignore and scroll past them.... there's just nothing interesting they can share.

and yeah I did get picked on a lot back a few months. Not by you but others. It's lessened and I am happy to let that go and enjoy being free of the schtick but it wasn't a schtick when it was true.

PS where I mentioned you it was a funny jab at you. I used to have This schtick going with Nono. Very similar, but it's a humurous jab. I guess my humor is so subtle it gets missed as humor at times. :toast

SAGirl
02-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Are we really going to get into this discussion? You guys know more than that. SpursTalk is a forum consisted of highly intelligent people to the point where they can expose and manage statistics to create certain agendas. In contrast, other blogs like Pounding the Cock and Reddit are full of hypocrites who take information from here in ST to develop their "amazing" articles.

And to top it all, we are criticized by those motherfuckers for being a "horrible place", that we don't talk about basketball, among other things when we know that isn't true. Here we talk about basketball in the most real and intelligent way possible. Each xxxx-stan group has its own schtick and that is part of the fun and part of the culture tbh :lol

Or you guys want ST to be this full of old boring fucks forum a la PTC who regulate and filter everything as if it were a mortal sin to criticize and mock Spurs' players? As I said before, Spurs Talk is the most realest and nearest way to watch games with a group of friends at a Bar. Simply an amazing experience.

Having said all that, I still find it funny that people take it so personal when x or y ST member criticizes x or y player with or without reason hahahaha
I would counsel DPG to stop trying to enlighten Gambit about Tony (just waste of time frankly) but old fella gotta do what he gotta do.:lol

gambit1990
02-17-2017, 11:47 AM
:lol

gambit1990
02-17-2017, 11:56 AM
i haven't been wrong about parker. i wanted to trade him last year when people thought he should've been an all star.

remove subjectivity... this season his best shooting was going 8 for 8, 10 for 11, 7 for 10, had three other games where he shot 67%. he has also gone: 3 for 10, 2 for 7, 3 for 11, 1 for 4 (twice), 2 for 10, 1 for 8 (twice), 0 for 5, 0 for 3 (twice), 0 for 6 (twice).

tony's season high in assists is 12. he's had 3 or less assists in 12 out of the 43 games he's played. is only averaging 4.8.

regardless if you think he's been good or bad, you can't say he hasn't played inconsistent.

nothing he's done this season goes to show that he'll demonstrate reliability in the postseason.

SAGirl
02-17-2017, 12:57 PM
i haven't been wrong about parker. i wanted to trade him last year when people thought he should've been an all star.

remove subjectivity... this season his best shooting was going 8 for 8, 10 for 11, 7 for 10, had three other games where he shot 67%. he has also gone: 3 for 10, 2 for 7, 3 for 11, 1 for 4 (twice), 2 for 10, 1 for 8 (twice), 0 for 5, 0 for 3 (twice), 0 for 6 (twice).

tony's season high in assists is 12. he's had 3 or less assists in 12 out of the 43 games he's played. is only averaging 4.8.

regardless if you think he's been good or bad, you can't say he hasn't played inconsistent.

nothing he's done this season goes to show that he'll demonstrate reliability in the postseason.
Agreed.
His role has declined though. I feel really disinclined to talk about him if I am honest but appreciate posts like this. If given the chance Dijon could possibly replicate that next season. He has things to work on himself... a subject of discussion in the mountaintop monastery of Dijon.... but he could. We shall see. I am not a Tony hater but the more he's declined in role, etc. the more likely a young player like Dijon can sub in just fine. It can be argued Kawhi and Lamarcus being out of games is tougher to survive than Tony (and Manu at this point)..