PDA

View Full Version : Chafetz decides to go after intel leakers

hater
02-15-2017, 09:27 PM
:lmao shits about to get real

"Same with Hillary Clinton, same with Donald Trump, and same with those in the intelligence world or at the Department of Justice who get to see this information," he added. "They just can’t hand it out like candy and favors to those in the news media. Can't do it."

monosylab1k
02-15-2017, 10:30 PM
Is there anyone more irrelevant who tries to force himself into relevant situations as much as Chaffetz? He's like the Smush Parker of politicians. Trying to flex on everyone when he has no muscle, he's gonna Eric Cantor himself right out of Congress.

Mitch
02-15-2017, 11:10 PM
Is there anyone more irrelevant who tries to force himself into relevant situations as much as Chaffetz? He's like the Smush Parker of politicians. Trying to flex on everyone when he has no muscle, he's gonna Eric Cantor himself right out of Congress.

Michael Moore, tbh

Thread
02-15-2017, 11:50 PM
Michael Moore, tbh

Mr. Calm, Cool & Collected lasted all of less than a month before he blew sky high.

Yeah, 3 weeks ago MM preached patience and stewardship and even El's introspection. Couldn't hold the line though, the fat fuck.

Just after midnite last November 9th...they still have not come to terms with it. Trump mopped the fuckin' floor with everyone of their asses.

Donald J. Trump

BanditHiro
02-16-2017, 05:17 AM
lol party over country.

ElNono
02-16-2017, 07:31 AM

Darrell Issa comes to mind...

hater
02-16-2017, 07:32 AM
Got damn do u nigas not sleep???

boutons_deux
02-16-2017, 07:44 AM
Chaffetz STILL planning to "lock her up", but won't even think about asking Trash for his tax returns to expose his corruption by Pootin and the kleptocrat Russian oligarchs' $100Ms that keep the Trash org afloat.

With US banks refusing to lend to Trash after his bankruptcies and their losses, why would Putin have his oligarchs pour $100Ms into Trash?

To corrupt him, to groom him for when he ran for the Presidency. aka, Pootin's Long Game.

hater
02-16-2017, 11:51 AM
Paul Ryan throw his gauntlet down and takes off his shirt. He will investigate the leaks as criminal probe

Shits gonna get real good

hater
02-16-2017, 12:07 PM
"Leakers are going to pay big time" - Supreme Leader Donald J Trump

:lmao. Scalp collecting time

TheSanityAnnex
02-16-2017, 01:18 PM
"Leakers are going to pay big time" - Supreme Leader Donald J Trump

:lmao. Scalp collecting time
Called this yesterday. All those Democrats calling for an investigation into Flynn are just going to get their inside leakers arrested.

Chris
02-16-2017, 03:11 PM
If Jason Chaffetz or Trey Gowdy ever ran for POTUS I would figure out a way to vote twice.

monosylab1k
02-16-2017, 04:45 PM
If Jason Chaffetz or Trey Gowdy ever ran for POTUS I would figure out a way to vote twice.

Both of them are pretty balant closet queers, too.

Chris
02-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Both of them are pretty balant closet queers, too.

Please. Both are highly intelligent Americans married with children. Elijah Cummings probably takes it up the rear though imo.

monosylab1k
02-16-2017, 05:10 PM
Please. Both are highly intelligent Americans married with children. Elijah Cummings probably takes it up the rear though imo.

Chaffetz perpetually looks like he just got done sucking a dick.

Trey Gowdy, well, just look at him
http://innoculous.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/gowdy-6.jpg

Reck
02-16-2017, 05:12 PM

Figures you would. You still watch WWE.

Faggot confirmed.

Mitch
02-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Figures you would. You still watch WWE.

Faggot confirmed.

Whoa Reck, this is the political sub and we must be 100% civil and orderly here.

FromWayDowntown
02-16-2017, 06:27 PM
This is basically someone saying, when Watergate broke, that the only real pressing need was to figure out who Deep Throat was and what he had told the press.

DarrinS
02-16-2017, 06:41 PM
This is basically someone saying, when Watergate broke, that the only real pressing need was to figure out who Deep Throat was and what he had told the press.

Meh, if they really have some dirt on Trump, wouldn't they have already used it? They only sat on the "grab her by the pussy" audio, so they could have an October surprise. What are they waiting for?

boutons_deux
02-16-2017, 06:44 PM
http://innoculous.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/gowdy-6.jpg

Every time I see that guy, I think he must be, grown up, the banjo kid on the porch in Deliverance movie.

Thread
02-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Every time I see that guy, I think he must be, grown up, the banjo kid on the porch in Deliverance movie.

BS. That's who you WANT it to be so you can take advantage of him.

Winehole23
02-17-2017, 11:00 AM
This is basically someone saying, when Watergate broke, that the only real pressing need was to figure out who Deep Throat was and what he had told the press.On a superficial level, it is like saying the fire alarm is the problem when the building is on fire, but there is something more to it. The struggle between the intelligence agencies and Trump is real.

The deep state working against a sitting president is a more hair-raising threat to democracy than Trump and the suite of billionaires he picked to save us from the rich and powerful.

Winehole23
02-17-2017, 11:08 AM
What the liberal Democrats have managed to foment with their Red Scare is a bubble (“epistemic closure”) comparable to that fomented by Republicans when they were executing their own soft coup against Bill Clinton.

boutons_deux
02-17-2017, 11:17 AM
"What the liberal Democrats have managed to foment with their Red Scare is a bubble (“epistemic closure”) comparable to that fomented by Republicans when they were executing their own soft coup against Bill Clinton."

B U L S H I T False equivalence

Senior Senate Repugs have serious misgivings about Trash + accomplices' contacts with Pootin's gang.

====================

Trump’s Press Conference Had One Goal: Keep The Senate GOP In Line

Even Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, that exquisitely sensitive barometer of precisely what a hard-right message can and will sell, has expressed deep concern about Russian involvement.

The intelligence community is freaked out beyond measure ― the Russians, for the most part, have been enemies since the late 1940s, and with very good reason.

Many powerful GOP chairmen, older members who remember the Soviet Union, and former campaign foes, such a “Little Marco” Rubio of Florida, “Lyin’ Ted” Cruz of Texas and even the seemingly inconsequential campaign asterisk but actually very smart Sen. Lindsey Graham, are extremely wary and worried.

How to hem the GOP Senate in? Dinners aside, by threatening to unleash upon the senators his base of populist, conservative and alt-right hunting dogs.

And the best way to do that is to call a press conference and tell the assembled “mainstream” media to their face that they are a desperately unpopular mass of liars who peddle “fake news” because they hate him and everything he and his base stand for.

Which is precisely what Trump did Thursday.

Just to make sure his base got the message, his political team had pre-written an email fundraising appeal that painted the press as his demonic enemy. It went out to his mailing list at the very moment he was finishing his 77-minute anti-press tirade."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-press-conference-senate-gop_us_58a66f4de4b037d17d266c60?&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Morning%20Email%20021717&utm_content=The%20Morning%20Email%20021717+CID_384 b0a59582021809597c1033187fe13&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=a%20way%20to%20keep%20Congress%20in%20lin e&

lefty
02-17-2017, 11:18 AM
So transparency but no transparency?

hater
02-17-2017, 11:50 AM
Meh, if they really have some dirt on Trump, wouldn't they have already used it? They only sat on the "grab her by the pussy" audio, so they could have an October surprise. What are they waiting for?

2020 when Shillary makes a comeback :lmao

hater
02-17-2017, 11:52 AM

Watergate!! This is worse than 911!!! Everybody freak out!!!

Winehole23
02-17-2017, 12:05 PM
“I expect for the FBI to tell me what is going on, and they better have a good answer,” said Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, which is conducting a review of Russian activities to influence the election. “The big problem I see here is that you have an American citizen who had his phone calls recorded.”

Uh, dude, you approved this kind of thing (loudly and proudly), and not only that, but you actively blocked suggested amendments that would have blocked the using of this information to dig into information on US persons. Maybe it's time to rethink that one, huh? Of course, (former assistant Attorney General) David Kris (who knows this stuff probably better than anyone else) has made it clear that Flynn's calls with a Russian official wouldn't need to be "minimized" (https://lawfareblog.com/treatment-flynns-phone-calls-complies-fisa-minimization-procedures) (i.e., have his identity excluded) because "a U.S. person’s name can be used when it is necessary to understand the foreign intelligence information in the report."

Of course, there's lots of irony to go around here. Timothy Edgar -- who was the director of privacy and civil liberties for the White House National Security staff under Obama (and also did privacy/civil liberties work in the Bush administration) has noted that the leaking of the contents of his phone calls actually means that Flynn's own civil rights have been violated (https://www.lawfareblog.com/michael-flynn-may-want-call-aclu) and even suggests he gives the ACLU a call (oh, and another layer of irony: Edgar has been warning (https://www.lawfareblog.com/lawfare-podcast-intelligence-under-trump-administration) about how Flynn and others in the Trump administration might trample on civil liberties... and yet here, he's arguing that Flynn's civil liberties have been violated.)

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20170215/01080436715/sure-suddenly-now-house-intelligence-boss-is-concerned-about-surveillance-mike-flynn.shtml

Winehole23
02-17-2017, 12:07 PM
It is a big deal to actually leak the contents of an intercepted communication (most leaks and whistleblowing tend to be about programs, not the actual intercepted communications). Of course, this should raise other questions about why the NSA and FBI are surveilling so many people -- and will the content of those other calls be used for political vendettas rather than true whistleblowing? Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that someone like Devin Nunes is going to care about all that. In typical "high court/low court" fashion, he's only concerned that someone on his team was hurt by such surveillance, not that such surveillance regularly occurs.

boutons_deux
02-17-2017, 01:01 PM
"why the NSA and FBI are surveilling so many people"

... because they are seriously concerned that Trash and his "people" are compromised by Pootin? maybe the surveillance has PROVEN the compromises?

FromWayDowntown
02-17-2017, 01:52 PM
Watergate!! This is worse than 911!!! Everybody freak out!!!

I didn't say that. I did say that it's historically odd to look to the leaker rather than to the substance of the leak.

Unquestionably, if this had been President Obama's NSA, the investigation would be principally about his conduct and not about how the American people were alerted to it.

hater
02-17-2017, 03:12 PM
I didn't say that. I did say that it's historically odd to look to the leaker rather than to the substance of the leak.

Unquestionably, if this had been President Obama's NSA, the investigation would be principally about his conduct and not about how the American people were alerted to it.

Funny I remember just weeks ago Shillary, DNC and mainstream media were concentrating 110% on their leakers and 0% on the substance of those leaks

hater
02-17-2017, 03:14 PM

Oh and this is bullshit. Obama and Clapper lied in front of cameras and american public regarding the secret spying program and NSA did nothing about it

hater
02-17-2017, 03:31 PM
also btw remember how Obama and NSA were playing Carmen Sandiego with Snowden and disregarding ALL allegations.

Winehole23
02-17-2017, 04:16 PM
I didn't say that. I did say that it's historically odd to look to the leaker rather than to the substance of the leak.What's the substance of the leak? As with previous IC leaks, the details are skimpy.

Reck
04-19-2018, 08:01 PM
I wonder if Republicans are going to go after the people who leaked the Comey memo to the AP.

The memos aren't even out to the congress in full and already someone within their ranks already leaked it to the press. :lmao