PDA

View Full Version : AP Exclusive: Hundreds of Texans May Have Voted Improperly

ducks
02-18-2017, 09:51 AM
Texas election officials acknowledge that hundreds of people were allowed to bypass the state's toughest-in-the-nation voter ID law and improperly cast ballots in the presidential election by signing a sworn statement instead of showing a photo ID.

The chief election officers in two of Texas' largest counties are considering whether to refer cases to prosecutors for possible charges. Officials in many other areas say they'll let the mistakes go. They say there was widespread confusion among poll workers and voters.

pgardn
02-18-2017, 09:59 AM
Texas election officials acknowledge that hundreds of people were allowed to bypass the state's toughest-in-the-nation voter ID law and improperly cast ballots in the presidential election by signing a sworn statement instead of showing a photo ID.

The chief election officers in two of Texas' largest counties are considering whether to refer cases to prosecutors for possible charges. Officials in many other areas say they'll let the mistakes go. They say there was widespread confusion among poll workers and voters.

Hah. Good work my fine aquatic fowl.

I did not show a photo ID. Just my voters registration card. But they thought I was an OLD white guy, so they put out the red carpet. Texas, she's great.

And...

The workers at my precinct. They were two of 3 houses with TRUMP signs. And including the precinct chairman! This does not look good ducks. Looks like we need the pizza man and a flow chart, pronto arriba...

Winehole23
02-18-2017, 09:59 AM
The law requires voters to show one of seven approved forms of identification. It was softened in August to allow people without a driver's license or other photo ID to sign an affidavit declaring that they have an impediment to obtaining required identification.http://www.theolympian.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article133561399.html

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article133561399.html#storylink=cpy

Winehole23
02-18-2017, 10:01 AM
confusion about the rules may have led to a few hundred invalid ballots. there's nothing in the article to suggest the voters in question weren't citizens.

what exactly is your beef here, ducks?

Splits
02-18-2017, 11:00 AM
confusion about the rules may have led to a few hundred invalid ballots. there's nothing in the article to suggest the voters in question weren't citizens.

what exactly is your beef here, ducks?

The article actually says the 500 under investigation are because the person had a valid ID but used an affidavit. Basically protest votes to a racist law :lol

An Associated Press analysis of roughly 13,500 affidavits submitted in Texas' largest counties found at least 500 instances in which voters were allowed to get around the law by signing an affidavit and never showing a photo ID, despite indicating that they possessed one.

Others used the sworn declarations to lodge protest statements against the law.

One affidavit from Hidalgo County, along the Texas-Mexico border, read: "Did not want to 'pander' to government requirement." In Tarrant County, an election judge noted on an affidavit: "Had photo ID but refused to show it."

"If we see that somebody blatantly says 'I have ID' and refused to show it, we're going to turn that over to the D.A.," said Stephen Vickers, chief deputy elections administrator for Tarrant County, which includes Fort Worth. "If they tried to use the affidavit to get around the system, yeah, I see that as a violation."

Winehole23
02-18-2017, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the repost. I saw a shorter version of the same article.

Winehole23
02-18-2017, 11:18 AM
swing and a miss, ducks