PDA

View Full Version : Alabama church wants its own PD

Winehole23
02-18-2017, 01:03 PM
Some lawmakers argue allowing a private church to have its own police force could begin a slippery slope.

“What do we do when other church affiliates come and ask for the same thing?” questioned Rep. Mary Moore (D-Birmingham). “They're not a college. They're a church and they're a church asking for police jurisdiction.”
Many questions were posed during Wednesday’s committee meeting.

“Who do the officers answer to?” asked Rep. Chris England (D- Tuscaloosa).

“They would answer to the leadership of the section of the church,” a representative from the church answered.

Rep. Connie Rowe (R- Jasper) is a former police chief. She supports allowing Briarwood to create its own force.

“They will conduct their own investigations,” explained Rowe. “They will conduct their own security. They will make their own arrests and instead of calling on the local law enforcement agency to take over the particular situation they're trying to control, they will do that themselves. All they will utilize from their other law enforcement agencies is their lock up facilities.”

http://abc3340.com/news/local/briarwood-presbyterian-church-seeks-lawmakers-approval-to-establish-police-force

Blake
02-20-2017, 12:23 PM
I don't understand the problem.

boutons_deux
02-20-2017, 12:28 PM
Americans have been conned, stampeded into fear, paranoia, hate for "the other".

I can imagine the kind sheriff-dept rejects and night guards these churches will hire. Salaries? benefits? like the muni police?

Fabbs
02-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Falsely accused / convicted will have what rights?

Blake
02-20-2017, 12:30 PM
I can imagine the kind sheriff-dept rejects and night guards these churches will hire. Salaries? benefits? like the muni police?

Sure, as long as they stay in church ground like campus cops, why not?

Blake
02-20-2017, 12:31 PM
Falsely accused / convicted will have what rights?

You mean falsely arrested?

Same as anyone else in America is supposed to have: innocent until proven guilty

clambake
02-20-2017, 12:31 PM
insane

clambake
02-20-2017, 12:32 PM
would make an interesting movie.

Fabbs
02-20-2017, 12:32 PM
If they work in conjunction with the real cops like college campus cops, sure.
Relieve the taxpayers of some burden?

Blake
02-20-2017, 12:33 PM
If they work in conjunction with the real cops like college campus cops, sure.
Relieve the taxpayers of some burden?

Right. That's why I'm asking what the downside is

clambake
02-20-2017, 12:33 PM
crazy

DMC
02-20-2017, 01:04 PM
How is any different than a parish?

boutons_deux
02-20-2017, 01:18 PM
I don't understand the problem.

Black churches knowing they are at risk in slave state, sure.

But white churhes?

What about oversight? compliance with police regs?

"a way to create a safer campus in a fallen world." :lol carnage! devastation! :lol

Blake
02-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Black churches knowing they are at risk in slave state, sure.

But white churhes?

What about oversight? compliance with police regs?

"a way to create a safer campus in a fallen world." :lol carnage! devastation! :lol

You're segregating white/black churches here?

What about oversight and regs are you worried about? What's worst case scenario for you

spurraider21
02-22-2017, 01:17 PM
Faith militant from GoT tbh