PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Rose heading to Wolves for Rubio

StrengthAndHonor
02-22-2017, 01:13 PM

HarlemHeat37
02-22-2017, 01:16 PM
Love the move for Minnesota if they don't plan on re-signing Rose..if they do, then it's a disastrous decision, which wouldn't be surprising, since virtually all coaches with full control are franchise-killers:lol

Seventyniner
02-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Love the move for Minnesota if they don't plan on re-signing Rose..if they do, then it's a disastrous decision, which wouldn't be surprising, since virtually all coaches with full control are franchise-killers:lol

You think Thibs is going to let Rose walk?

Just imagine if the Wolves had taken Curry instead of Rubio or J:lolnny Flynn. Oh wait, they'd be where they are now cause Curry and Love would have forced their way out anyway.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 02:29 PM
Is Phil Jackson trying to get fired? What the fuck?

HarlemHeat37
02-22-2017, 02:34 PM
You think Thibs is going to let Rose walk?

Just imagine if the Wolves had taken Curry instead of Rubio or J:lolnny Flynn. Oh wait, they'd be where they are now cause Curry and Love would have forced their way out anyway.

I expect Thibs to make the stupid move of re-signing Rose, since I always foresee failure when a coach is also the GM:lol

It would be a great move if they get out of Rubio's contract and don't re-sign Rose, though..let Dunn start, next year, and add some veterans with the cap space..

apalisoc_9
02-22-2017, 02:35 PM
Could be a good move.

Rose expiring is worth a lot. They might end up with am actual productive veteran next year if thibs is not dumb enough to resign rose.

Donald Sterling.
02-22-2017, 03:19 PM
Thibs wants to finish the job. Career ender incoming.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-22-2017, 03:29 PM
The Wolves are way too far back, especially with NOLAP in front of them

Chucho
02-22-2017, 03:35 PM
How is this a loss for the Knicks? Rose isn't worth what the dumb bastards who eventually sign him give him.

Rubio's per isn't far off Rose's, he's 40% cheaper and actually passes the ball. Find another idiot to take on Melo and the Knicks give themselves some flexibility to build around Kristaps, whom is the only player worth a fuck on that shit roster.

gambit1990
02-22-2017, 04:34 PM
much prefer rubio than rose. they gotta move melo too.

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Is Phil Jackson trying to get fired? What the fuck?

Rubio is cost controlled, no ego, elite passer that doesn't need shots and plays defense. Hell of a lot better than paying "we a super team" Rose.

Then again I'm higher on Rubio than most.

Mitch
02-22-2017, 10:05 PM
Zen Master should stick to coaching, tbh

ElNono
02-22-2017, 10:06 PM
If we're being honest, they're both shit

John Petrucci
02-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Rubio is cost controlled, no ego, elite passer that doesn't need shots and plays defense. Hell of a lot better than paying "we a super team" Rose.

Absolutely. Rose was doing nothing but stunting KP's growth as a leader and decision maker. Hero ball dribbling/attempted crossovers and low % bailout shots does this Knicks team no good right now. Either KP becomes a Dirk/Dirk light or he doesn't. They need to start finding out who he is when given the ball.

He's definitely got the confidence/guts. Rose was only a hinderance to his development.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 10:18 PM

I don't think Rubio is a reasonable NBA player until he develops at least a somewhat below average jumpshot.

-21-
02-22-2017, 10:20 PM
Absolutely. Rose was doing nothing but stunting KP's growth as a leader and decision maker. Hero ball dribbling/attempted crossovers and low % bailout shots does this Knicks team no good right now. Either KP becomes a Dirk/Dirk light or he doesn't. They need to start finding out who he is when given the ball.

He's definitely got the confidence/guts. Rose was only a hinderance to his development.

Yep, same thing with Melo. I want Porzingis to have his own team to speed up his development and see what he can do as the main guy. All his peers (Towns, Embiid, Jokic) are already in that position.

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 10:25 PM
I don't think Rubio is a reasonable NBA player until he develops at least a somewhat below average jumpshot.

He has a higher career 3PT% than Rose tbh :lol

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 10:26 PM

But look, 99.99% of the time I agree. Its really hard to be a starting PG (let alone on a decent team) if you can't shoot or score (TP could drive, never was a great 3PT shooter, but did work on that mid-range).

Rubio to me is different. His passing is so advanced and elite along with his defense/rebounding that he's a positive. If he had a jumper he would be a top 5 PG. As it stands now, he's still a solid top 15-18PG IMO.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 10:30 PM
But look, 99.99% of the time I agree. Its really hard to be a starting PG (let alone on a decent team) if you can't shoot or score (TP could drive, never was a great 3PT shooter, but did work on that mid-range).

Rubio to me is different. His passing is so advanced and elite along with his defense/rebounding that he's a positive. If he had a jumper he would be a top 5 PG. As it stands now, he's still a solid top 15-18PG IMO.

I wouldn't even trade 2017 Parker for him. The Wolves are so painful to watch. Towns can never get good shots off screens because no one has to guard Rubio. He can't shoot, he can't attack the basket, he's like watching Kyle Anderson. It's so unbelievably disappointing Rubio never developed a jumper because he could have been a superstar with one.

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't even trade 2017 Parker for him. The Wolves are so painful to watch. Towns can never get good shots off screens because no one has to guard Rubio. He can't shoot, he can't attack the basket, he's like watching Kyle Anderson. It's so unbelievably disappointing Rubio never developed a jumper because he could have been a superstar with one.

Spurs would be decidedly better with Rubio in place of TP my man

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 11:08 PM
Spurs would be decidedly better with Rubio in place of TP my man

Not until Chip Engelland taught him how to shoot. It would take a couple of years at least.

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 11:27 PM
Not until Chip Engelland taught him how to shoot. It would take a couple of years at least.

I disagree - but it's pointless. I think right now, as is, SA is better with Rubio.

Mal
02-23-2017, 03:59 AM
Rose sucks. He`s done. Perfect fit for Minnesota

in2deep
02-23-2017, 07:20 AM
I disagree - but it's pointless. I think right now, as is, SA is better with Rubio.

Completely disagree

rubios is no better at D or shooting. And TP has 12+ years experiance playing Spurs ball that overshadows any advantage Rubio might have at passing

TP hands down

unleashbaynes
02-23-2017, 08:17 AM

Chris Mannix? Is that you?

TXstbobcat
02-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Looks like the wolves said no to this trade.

8FOR!3
02-24-2017, 12:30 AM
Completely disagree

rubios is no better at D or shooting. And TP has 12+ years experiance playing Spurs ball that overshadows any advantage Rubio might have at passing

TP hands down

He's not a good shooter but he's only 26 and has room to improve, but he's easily a better defender. And that's not necessarily a knack on Parker, Rubio's a really good defender at the PG position. I think he's improved every year in the league and quietly become a really good player. I agree that Parker's experience in the system/in big games is important. It'd be a risky trade for SA to make and I'm not sure it makes enough sense.