PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Cartoons

Chucho
02-22-2017, 06:34 PM
Simple, yet fun. I don't watch a whole lot of TV at all, I have been so far removed from pop culture the last decade, I thought Shia LeBouf was a hot Sweedish model turned actress just from hearing the name spoken, but never in a context that begat his sex. You could put 10 of the biggest celebrities that rose over the last decade and I'd be lucky to name 2-3 out of ten.

When I can manage time, I'm watching either a bit of rasslin, something on one of the History/Discovery-ish channels or watching some kind of toon with the kid.

What were/are your favorite cartoons/animated sitcoms?

King of the Hill- Simply put, the finest animated sitcom ever. The character development is unmatched, the humor was high-brow, classy and subtle and didn't have to resort to faggy Family Guy- for-retards-only humor and IT NEVER JUMPED THE SHARK. It stacks easily with any TV live-action sitcom of the last twenty years.

Simpsons- While KOTH is the greatest animated sitcom ever, it's mainly because The Simpsons jumped the shark 15 years ago and was/is a sad shell of itself. Seasons 3-11 though are the greatest 8 year stretch of any TV show ever.

Beavis and Butthead- The complete opposite side of the spectrum of KOTH, but funny as fuck. Although on the exterior, it seems like dick and fart humor, the best humor was always found during the music videos, which Judge improvised on all of them.

Tom and Jerry

Anything Tex Avery...without him, animated humor wouldn't be where it is today. He made cartoons for adults 60 years before it was the norm.

Dragonball Z- who the fuck didn't dig this growing up? I HATED every American comic cartoon as they just didn't capture the action that comics did, and the stories sucked. DBZ was so fucking action packed, it didn't matter the story was basically the same premise each villian, it was fucking crazy hair, strobe light effects and lots of fighting action. Best action toon, ever.

Bob's Burgers
3 South
The Oblongs- one of the greatest voice casts EVER. Sad it lasted only one season.
The Boondocks- should have been called Friday 2 and 3 considering this is where ALL the funny from the original Friday resurfaced. SOOOOO many truths about the colored community as well.

Danger Mouse
Transformers Gen. 1 - can't watch the movies as I refuse to ruin this last bit of fond 80's memory

What do/did you fucks like watching?

Reck
02-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Wall of text? TSA Jr. over here.

Chucho
02-22-2017, 07:09 PM
Words b scurring me.

Awesome that you go out of you way to broadcast your insecurities when trying to insult me. Sorry 1-2 minutes of reading intimidates you that much.

You can quote, throw some smileys, borrow an insult or two from someone else about Sandy Hook to make you feel big, Sweetie.

Or you can post on cartoons you liked. Whatever your preference may be.

Reck
02-22-2017, 07:14 PM
You can quote, throw some smileys, borrow an insult or two from someone else about Sandy Hook to make you feel big, Sweetie.

:claw

Chinook
02-22-2017, 07:18 PM
Well let's just say I'm trying to figure out what channel Adult Swim is on U-Verse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w

DisAsTerBot
02-22-2017, 07:23 PM
Tom and jerry.
Merry melodies

Thread
02-22-2017, 07:28 PM
Some of the Popeye materiel is outstanding.

Reck
02-22-2017, 07:34 PM
Well let's just say I'm trying to figure out what channel Adult Swim is on U-Verse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w

Gee, how long was that? Like 10 years?

Let us all rejoice.

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 08:18 PM
1. Merry Melodies
2. Anything with Donald Duck in it
3. South Park

DJR210
02-22-2017, 08:24 PM
Beavis and Butthead
Family Guy
1990's Simpsons
Merry Melodies
1990's X-Men and Spiderman
GI Joe
TMNT

baseline bum
02-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Beavis and Butthead
Family Guy
1990's Simpsons
Merry Melodies
1990's X-Men and Spiderman
GI Joe
TMNT

:lol today's Simpsons

RsxPiimp
02-22-2017, 09:02 PM
in the Philippines, visionaries, thundercats and before Naruto and all this anime junk, freaking VOLTES 5 was the king.

80's and 90's are the golden era of tv cartoons tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcGNqrAtsgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBoxGdz2Km4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wpipSyYsTE

chunticakes
02-22-2017, 09:10 PM
Rick and Morty
South Park
Archer

Mitch
02-22-2017, 09:53 PM
I watch South Park pretty consistently, tbh. Only show that doesn't get old over the years for me.

Finished Rick & Morty s1-2 - pretty good
I watch Bob's Burger's when it's on - Decent

Futurama was one of my favorites back in the day, I might watch the new Samurai Jack since I liked the show as a kid/teen.

Xevious
02-22-2017, 09:57 PM
GI Joe
ogEtfIdgjpY

Silver&Black
02-22-2017, 10:05 PM
Naruto

clambake
02-22-2017, 10:20 PM
foghorn leghorn

Avante
02-23-2017, 01:35 AM
Crusader Rabbit
Mighty Mouse
Quickdraw McGraw
Rocky & Bullwinkle
The Pink Panther
Clutch Cargo
Woody Woodpecker
Popeye
Daffy Duck
The Flintstones

And my ultimate must see.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JsI8vFqWRE

When not watching cartoons as a kid it was.....

Fury
Rin Tin Tin
My Friend Flicka
Death Valley Days
All those westerns....Tombstone Territory, Lash LaRue, Broken Arrow, Have Gun Will Travel, Wanted Dear or Alive, The Rebel. etc etc etc
Zorro.....not that Disney one
Tales of the Vikings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOgnD87adOk

SpursforSix
02-23-2017, 11:14 AM
Simple, yet fun. I don't watch a whole lot of TV at all, I have been so far removed from pop culture the last decade, I thought Shia LeBouf was a hot Sweedish model turned actress just from hearing the name spoken, but never in a context that begat his sex. You could put 10 of the biggest celebrities that rose over the last decade and I'd be lucky to name 2-3 out of ten.

When I can manage time, I'm watching either a bit of rasslin, something on one of the History/Discovery-ish channels or watching some kind of toon with the kid.

What were/are your favorite cartoons/animated sitcoms?

King of the Hill- Simply put, the finest animated sitcom ever. The character development is unmatched, the humor was high-brow, classy and subtle and didn't have to resort to faggy Family Guy- for-retards-only humor and IT NEVER JUMPED THE SHARK. It stacks easily with any TV live-action sitcom of the last twenty years.

Simpsons- While KOTH is the greatest animated sitcom ever, it's mainly because The Simpsons jumped the shark 15 years ago and was/is a sad shell of itself. Seasons 3-11 though are the greatest 8 year stretch of any TV show ever.

Beavis and Butthead- The complete opposite side of the spectrum of KOTH, but funny as fuck. Although on the exterior, it seems like dick and fart humor, the best humor was always found during the music videos, which Judge improvised on all of them.

Tom and Jerry

Anything Tex Avery...without him, animated humor wouldn't be where it is today. He made cartoons for adults 60 years before it was the norm.

Dragonball Z- who the fuck didn't dig this growing up? I HATED every American comic cartoon as they just didn't capture the action that comics did, and the stories sucked. DBZ was so fucking action packed, it didn't matter the story was basically the same premise each villian, it was fucking crazy hair, strobe light effects and lots of fighting action. Best action toon, ever.

Bob's Burgers
3 South
The Oblongs- one of the greatest voice casts EVER. Sad it lasted only one season.
The Boondocks- should have been called Friday 2 and 3 considering this is where ALL the funny from the original Friday resurfaced. SOOOOO many truths about the colored community as well.

Danger Mouse
Transformers Gen. 1 - can't watch the movies as I refuse to ruin this last bit of fond 80's memory

What do/did you fucks like watching?

You hit a lot of mine.
For the 5 minute cartoon, Tom and Jerry is the GOAT.

King of the Hill
Simpsons
Beavis and Butthead

I'd add Ren and Stimpy.

Used to really like the Justice League. Especially when they incorporated some of the lesser know Legion of Doom villains.

Jonny Quest

A lot of the stuff that Banana Splits used to show:
Arabian Knights
Tom Sawyer
The Three Musketeers

Also:
Wacky Racers
Catch That Pigeon
Laff-a Lypmpics

Can't forget Scooby Doo.

SpursforSix
02-23-2017, 11:16 AM
and Eon Flux was cool back in the day

and the Jetsons

resistanze
02-23-2017, 11:29 AM
Saturday morning:
X-Men
TMNT
Goof Troop
Duck Tales

After school:
DBZ
Animaniacs
Darkwing Duck
Doug
Spider-Man The Animated Series

Primetime:
90s Simpsons
Futurama (underrated as hell)
The Critic
KOTH
The Boondocks
MTV's Downtown

clambake
02-23-2017, 11:54 AM
well, how about icky twerp?

SpursforSix
02-23-2017, 12:03 PM
well, how about icky twerp?

as a pedo defender? or what?

clambake
02-23-2017, 12:08 PM
first trip to the states, a guy named icky twerp came on after this other guy called captain kangaroo and mr. green jeans.

it was soooooo odd.

SpursforSix
02-23-2017, 12:21 PM
first trip to the states, a guy named icky twerp came on after this other guy called captain kangaroo and mr. green jeans.

it was soooooo odd.

I remember Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Green Jeans. I had to look up Icky Twerp. I'm not sure what you find odd.

http://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/bud-kennedy/refwqp/picture115957718/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/twerp

SpursforSix
02-23-2017, 12:24 PM

it was soooooo odd.

And here's one to blow your skirt up...

In 1998, Massachusetts-based Bright Horizons, a child welfare service company, merged with Corporate Family Solutions, a firm that provided similar services and which was founded in 1987 by Lamar Alexander and Bob Keeshan, who had been known to millions of American children as television’s “Captain Kangaroo.” The merged company, Bright Horizons Family Solutions, was acquired by Mitt Romney’s former firm, Bain Capital, in 2008.

Alexander, the Secretary of Education under George H W Bush, has been tied to a network of Tennessee politicians and businessmen associated with government and private companies, including Bright Horizons and Omni Visions, Inc. of Tennessee, as well as state government social service agencies, such as the Department of Childrens’ Services, accused of endangerment and sexual abuse of foster and mentally challenged children.

Alexander’s close GOP associate, Jim Henry, the CEO of Omni Visions, provides services contracted out by the state of Tennessee to developmentally disabled and troubled children. Henry is a close political ally of Tennessee Republican Governor Bill Haslam, as well as Alexander. Omni Visions has been cited in several legal cases for placing children into the foster homes of convicted pedophiles and endangering children by placing them under the care of abusive staff. There are also documented cases of children dying at the hands of Omni Vision care providers.

http://www.roseanneworld.com/2014/02/11/loskarn-arrest-tip-pedophile-network-wmr/

clambake
02-23-2017, 12:28 PM
uh oh, this spursforsix person has got some real chops.

Chucho
02-23-2017, 01:01 PM
You hit a lot of mine.
For the 5 minute cartoon, Tom and Jerry is the GOAT.

King of the Hill
Simpsons
Beavis and Butthead

I'd add Ren and Stimpy.

Used to really like the Justice League. Especially when they incorporated some of the lesser know Legion of Doom villains.

Jonny Quest

A lot of the stuff that Banana Splits used to show:
Arabian Knights
Tom Sawyer
The Three Musketeers

Also:
Wacky Racers
Catch That Pigeon
Laff-a Lypmpics

Can't forget Scooby Doo.

Laff-A-Lympics was tits.

Also dug some of the cheese action that H&B put out in the 60s like the Herculoids and the original Birdman, and then Harvey Birdman; Attorney at Law was just awesome, awesome fan service paired with witty humor.

Texas_Ranger
02-23-2017, 03:50 PM
from 4-10 years
- Tom & Jerry
- Scooby Doo
- Dexter's laboratory

10+ years
- Pokemon (for about 2 years)
- Digimon (1st season)
- Detective Conan
- One piece
- Death note
- Dragon ball, Dragon ball Z
- Batman the animated series
- South park

There's a lot more but can't really think of them all... Gotta say that Dragon ball/Z and Batman are my favorite.

lefty20
02-23-2017, 05:14 PM
X-Men
Tom & Jerry
Swat Kats
Scooby-Do

lefty20
02-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Family Guy, Futurama & Archer the adult category.

spurraider21
02-23-2017, 05:26 PM
favorite growing up was dragonball z by a significant margin. the abridged youtube series is pretty great too :lol

also big fan of comedies like futurama, south park, family guy (though i haven't watched a new episode in years), and archer

DMC
02-28-2017, 01:44 AM
Looney Tunes, Merry Melodies, Scooby Doo, Space Ghost, etc....

Chucho
03-01-2017, 01:16 PM
favorite growing up was dragonball z by a significant margin. the abridged youtube series is pretty great too :lol

also big fan of comedies like futurama, south park, family guy (though i haven't watched a new episode in years), and archer

TFS is fucking money with that Abridged stuff, it's just gold. The comedy there is sooooo much better than most adult-toons today, definitely miles ahead of the garbage Family Guy has put on since being uncancelled.

spurraider21
03-01-2017, 01:26 PM
TFS is fucking money with that Abridged stuff, it's just gold. The comedy there is sooooo much better than most adult-toons today, definitely miles ahead of the garbage Family Guy has put on since being uncancelled.
:tu glad someone else enjoys dbz abridged... I binged pretty good when I first discovered it :lol

Chinook
03-02-2017, 12:31 AM
:tu glad someone else enjoys dbz abridged... I binged pretty good when I first discovered it :lol

It's gotten ... weird lately, though. They are doing more photoshopping and less of the redubbing and cutting that they started with.

Chinook
03-02-2017, 12:32 AM
Wasn't a huge fan of Ghost in the Shell despite the hype it got. But the new live-action version looks like an absolute shit sandwich.

FkLA
03-02-2017, 01:20 AM
Some that haven't been mentioned:

Magic School Bus - saw it on netflix recently so watched a couple of episodes, and man it does an amazing job of being fun yet educational. Would seriously put this show on for my future kids.

Arthur - along with Magic School Bus was one of my after school cartoons in early elementary.

Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac - don't think it ever made it big in the U.S. but it was huge in Mexico (maybe all of Latin America) and in Asia IIRC.

Flinstones and Jetsons - classics imho

Rugrats, Catdog, Hey Arnold

bulakenyo
03-02-2017, 11:05 PM
5-7 years old
Mickey mouse
Popeye
Thundercats
CareBears
Gummi Bears
DuckTales
Heathcliff

8-10 years old
Transformers
MASK
GI Joe
Defenders of the Earth
Centurions
Masters of the Universe
Bravestarr
Voltron
Voltes 5
Captain Planet

Teen years
90s Simpsons
X Men
Slam Dunk

Later age
Fleischer's Superman shorts

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 11:17 PM
King of the Hill was unfuckwitable, tbh. Mike Judge's finest moment. Pre-Zombie Simpsons and The Critic were great too. I also enjoyed ATHF, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Home Movies and Sealab 2021 when they were on. I like Rick and Morty, but who doesn't?

StrengthAndHonor
03-02-2017, 11:18 PM
in the Philippines, visionaries, thundercats and before Naruto and all this anime junk, freaking VOLTES 5 was the king.

80's and 90's are the golden era of tv cartoons tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcGNqrAtsgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBoxGdz2Km4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wpipSyYsTE

Thundercats is dope, Panthro is that dude. Never heard of Voltes V though...