PDA

View Full Version : fantasy SPURS KINGS TRADE

SeanElliot'sLeftNut
02-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Works in the trade machine

Spurs trade Patty Mills

Kings trade Ben McLemore

works out for both, maybe Spurs throw in a second.

Ben McLemore is a great prospect younger than patty and only sucks because the Kings organization is garbage. trading Patty also opens room for Dejounte Murry

spurraider21
02-22-2017, 10:26 PM
:ban:

Chinook
02-22-2017, 10:27 PM
Nah Spurs don't need to open up room for Murray. If he were better than Mills, he would be playing already. And the Kings wouldn't do this trade, as they are trying to lose. The Spurs wouldn't either, but even so, you'd need a third team.

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 10:29 PM
If the Spurs can get Mclemore for Kyle+Simmons (no picks) I would take that flier.

Chinook
02-22-2017, 10:31 PM
If the Spurs can get Mclemore for Kyle+Simmons (no picks) I would take that flier.

They can't. Need another $600k or so.

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 10:32 PM
They can't. Need another $600k or so.

Well throw Forbes in - makes no difference to me.

Chinook
02-22-2017, 10:35 PM

Still not enough. They'd be about $100k short. Probably have to throw in donations from ST.

TheDoctor
02-22-2017, 10:35 PM

Still 7 cents short.

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 10:36 PM
Still not enough. They'd be about $100k short. Probably have to throw in donations from ST.

Well FWIW ESPN trade machine says that works :lol

RD2191
02-22-2017, 10:36 PM

Cry Havoc
02-22-2017, 10:37 PM

Yeah, I seriously doubt JSims is staying. He should have been in the dunk contest given the atrocity that was.

Chinook
02-22-2017, 10:38 PM
Well FWIW ESPN trade machine says that works :lol

I had forgotten about the extra $100k you get to add on top.

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 10:39 PM
I had forgotten about the extra $100k you get to add on top.

I (ESPN Trade Machine) win!

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I seriously doubt JSims is staying. He should have been in the dunk contest given the atrocity that was.

Not even as much as it is about Simmons staying (he will get offers but I don't think it will be crazy), it's more about ceiling/age/skills.

I think Simmons has proven to be a decent 3PT shooter, but McLemore has a higher ceiling in that role and that is key.

Chinook
02-22-2017, 10:43 PM
I'd only trade Simmons and Anderson for a guy I thought was going to be a legit long-term piece. There will be stopgaps floating around in buyout market.

mo7888
02-22-2017, 10:44 PM
I'd be willing to consider the Kyle Simmons Forbes for mclemore trade...I'd also like the open roster spots for buyout candidates.

DPG21920
02-22-2017, 10:45 PM
I'd only trade Simmons and Anderson for a guy I thought was going to be a legit long-term piece. There will be stopgaps floating around in buyout market.

I get that and it's a reasonable view. I'm of the opinion though that if guys are in the same boat (questionable long-term fits whether it's due to ceiling, age, etc..) you take the flier on the highest ceiling.

Chinook
02-22-2017, 10:53 PM
I get that and it's a reasonable view. I'm of the opinion though that if guys are in the same boat (questionable long-term fits whether it's due to ceiling, age, etc..) you take the flier on the highest ceiling.

But then you have to factor in contract. Simmons and Kyle are not likely to combine for much more than $8 Million next season. KCP will triple that by himself. If you don't want to pay that, you don't do that deal. BMac would likely not get near that much unless he has a great close to the season, but if he's worth anything at all, he'll get a good chunk more than that. If Simmons prices himself out of SA, you've still got Anderson. If BMac/KCP do, you have nobody.

sananspursfan21
02-22-2017, 11:08 PM
IIRC Ben McLemore is a 72 on 2k but don't let the slightly low rating fool you. You can fill it up on the scoreboard and he actually offers far above average perimeter d! Do it RC!

TheDoctor
02-22-2017, 11:11 PM
I'm not concerned about what we can get for JSimms/Anderson, so long as we get McLemore

Genius.

Seventyniner
02-22-2017, 11:12 PM

sasaint
02-22-2017, 11:21 PM
But then you have to factor in contract. Simmons and Kyle are not likely to combine for much more than $8 Million next season. KCP will triple that by himself. If you don't want to pay that, you don't do that deal. BMac would likely not get near that much unless he has a great close to the season, but if he's worth anything at all, he'll get a good chunk more than that. If Simmons prices himself out of SA, you've still got Anderson. If BMac/KCP do, you have nobody.

:wow Near max?

Chinook
02-22-2017, 11:23 PM
:wow Near max?

Yeah. See no reason why he wouldn't get a max offer sheet unless he wants that fifth year badly enough to take a little less.

sasaint
02-22-2017, 11:27 PM
Yeah. See no reason why he wouldn't get a max offer sheet unless he wants that fifth year badly enough to take a little less.

Not a guy I want on a max deal, especially moving to a new system.

TheDoctor
02-22-2017, 11:29 PM
Not a guy I want on a max deal, especially moving to a new system.

My hate boner is ready, just in case.

palangi
02-22-2017, 11:45 PM
Nah Spurs don't need to open up room for Murray. If he were better than Mills, he would be playing already. And the Kings wouldn't do this trade, as they are trying to lose. The Spurs wouldn't either, but even so, you'd need a third team.

Not necessarily true with pop. Let's be honest.

sasaint
02-23-2017, 12:06 AM
My hate boner is ready, just in case.

Relax and smoke a cigarette. PATFO would never make such a risky move.

Spur|n|Austin
02-23-2017, 12:50 AM

Start that ST new user sign-up fee, boom!

cjw
02-23-2017, 02:58 AM
The impending huge raise is why even a deal like Ibaka for Oladipo / pick / filler wasn't necessarily a slam dunk for the Thunder. Raises for fifth year former first rounders can get prohibitive. Those types of contracts can set a team back just as much as a bad deal to a veteran.

Mal
02-23-2017, 03:55 AM
I`d do it.

SAGirl
02-23-2017, 05:42 AM
I prefer KCP bc I think he can be it more than Mclemore can...

but then again mclemore stock is depressed... still I would be careful in attributing ineptitude simply to the kings. Look at Ray Mac. Sometimes ineptitude really is ineptitude and sometimes vets that look washed up in other systems really are washed up. It's rare the Diaw find who was really someone lacking motivation, something he struggled with generally but no one could doubt his talent. he had shown to be a very good player in Phoenix...

Ben Mac remains a project... I wouldn't trade for him...

I think there's a "grass is greener" view here that will make fans here overrate guys they don't see every game.

sasaint
02-23-2017, 09:55 AM
I prefer KCP bc I think he can be it more than Mclemore can...

but then again mclemore stock is depressed... still I would be careful in attributing ineptitude simply to the kings. Look at Ray Mac. Sometimes ineptitude really is ineptitude and sometimes vets that look washed up in other systems really are washed up. It's rare the Diaw find who was really someone lacking motivation, something he struggled with generally but no one could doubt his talent. he had shown to be a very good player in Phoenix...

Ben Mac remains a project... I wouldn't trade for him...

I think there's a "grass is greener" view here that will make fans here overrate guys they don't see every game.

Very true of ST - and probably of fans everywhere.

MultiTroll
02-23-2017, 10:10 AM
Nah Spurs don't need to open up room for Murray. If he were better than Mills, he would be playing already.
:rollin
Matty BonBon starting 5 playoff games.
15% Manu starting over Brent Barrdawg in 2008s Pop quitting.
Merit is hardly a given. :pop:

sasaint
02-23-2017, 10:25 AM
:rollin
Matty BonBon starting 5 playoff games.
15% Manu starting over Brent Barrdawg in 2008s Pop quitting.
Merit is hardly a given. :pop:

Merit doesn't even matter within individual games.