PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: LMAO Ainge...

spursistan
02-24-2017, 10:46 PM
"standing pat" :lollosing to Raptors without Lowry :lolnot even trading for a rebounder :lolhe is going to blow it and the Celtics will be doomed to a cute little team status for the next few years..

hater
02-24-2017, 10:56 PM
Lowry is a cancer

Raptors are better without that tumor tbh

StrengthAndHonor
02-24-2017, 11:08 PM
Butler isnt going to put them on top, tbh. IT and Horford are in their 30's, keeping the 1st pick and kand their assets should be the priority this season.

DMC
02-25-2017, 12:00 AM
All these lower 2nd tier players getting top dollar is just an indication that the league needs to contract. When you have people like Paul George, Kyle Lowry and DeMarcus Cousins attracting attention, you're really desperate for talent. None of these guys are going to change the fortunes of the teams they land on, other than financially for the worse.

Would you pay to see Kyle Lowry? Fuck no. He should be getting less than 10 a year. There should be only a few names getting top dollar.

The NBA is like the NBA Forum now, where a bunch of washed up nobodies have diluted the talent pool to the point where the layman has no idea that it wasn't always this shitty.

spursistan
02-25-2017, 01:32 AM
How the hell didn't he offer picks and flotsam to Philly for Noel? or Ibaka early instead of watchim push their shit in like tonight :lol

UZER
02-25-2017, 01:51 AM
It's Ibaka really 40 yrs old? WTH has happened to him?

SAGirl
02-25-2017, 02:44 AM
How the hell didn't he offer picks and flotsam to Philly for Noel? or Ibaka early instead of watchim push their shit in like tonight :lol
Apparently held out assets for the blockbuster trade that he then didn't have the guts to give up what was asked for.... tough call .

Wisg I had a similar expression in English slang pero se quedó sin la soga y sin la cabra.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-25-2017, 02:46 AM
All these lower 2nd tier players getting top dollar is just an indication that the league needs to contract. When you have people like Paul George, Kyle Lowry and DeMarcus Cousins attracting attention, you're really desperate for talent. None of these guys are going to change the fortunes of the teams they land on, other than financially for the worse.

Would you pay to see Kyle Lowry? Fuck no. He should be getting less than 10 a year. There should be only a few names getting top dollar.

The NBA is like the NBA Forum now, where a bunch of washed up nobodies have diluted the talent pool to the point where the layman has no idea that it wasn't always this shitty.

You think the players should get less than 51% of the revenue? Or that max contracts shouldn't exist?

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-25-2017, 04:23 AM
Would be very funny if Thomas and Bradley push them to use their cap space on renegotiating their contracts :lol

Edit: apparently they can't because the contracts have to be 4+ years long. Thought the new CBA changed it but guess not.

apalisoc_9
02-25-2017, 04:25 AM
Its not the end of the world. Bostons true deadline is next season. They can easily resign Thomas and pair him with another star.

I

UZER
02-25-2017, 09:33 AM
You think the players should get less than 51% of the revenue? Or that max contracts shouldn't exist?

Too many teams.

DMC
02-25-2017, 11:21 AM

I think the product has been diluted past the point of relevancy. The life preserver has been the marketing savvy that keeps the NBA interesting through mega-stacked teams while 80% or more of the league is worthless, if you consider worth to be pursuit of a championship. If you're just looking for 28 globetrotter exhibitions, that's a different story.

I think the players who make the difference should get the lion's share of the player salary. I'd bet that anyone here could chose a bench player on some team to start and get the most touches, and we could make a Kyle Lowry level star out of him.

I'm still waiting for that day when the fans get to coach the teams, through instant voting.

Spurtacular
02-25-2017, 09:05 PM
Celts are pretenders; they're better off not delving into resources to extra pretend, tbh.

spursistan
02-27-2017, 10:10 PM
He said he likes his team, right? How about liking getting blown the f' out by Atlanta at home even with Dwight ejected-- 3rd loss in 4 games...Put a big body on Thomas and this team is easily choked up; they have no other reliable creators, not to mention getting murdered on the glass...This Celtics team represents the antithesis of how playoff team should be built: small, soft, zero superstar power, and best player is a 5'9 PG...

SAGirl
02-27-2017, 10:46 PM
Absolutely.

rasuo214
02-27-2017, 11:19 PM
This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I've said before that Ainge overrates his players and won't make a decent offer.

SAGirl
02-28-2017, 03:48 PM
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/draft-picks-arent-forever/

Draft picks aren't forever and a reminder that assets do depreciate. A nice read for you spursistan. Remarks on both Philly's poor return on Noel considering, and in Ainge not improving his team.

the teams’ quiet deadlines are also the results of Boston and Philadelphia attempting to press pause at specific moments in their cycles of success: Philly spent years lingering at the shank end of the standings to collect draft picks, and Boston has kept its powder dry, demurring on trades for its most valuable pieces rather than pushing all-in and committing to a specific title window. As Zach Lowe has pointed out (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18750650/zach-lowe-boston-celtics-trade-deadline-nba), the Celtics have not exactly been risk averse over the years, but they remain picky about which deals they will pull the trigger on. While that sounds good in theory, NBA teams can’t actually stop the passing of time, and the value of their assets has begun to shift under foot.

Mr. Body
02-28-2017, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure Paul George or Butler were worth it, but Horford wasn't, either. Ainge is overrating what he has, however. Probably should have traded for Noel earlier this season.

spursistan
03-27-2017, 09:46 PM
Thinking the Cavs were untouchable :lol..

Been saying that Ainge is playing this wrong way: Their window is NOW..

SAGirl
03-28-2017, 12:05 AM
Ainge will get the judgment this season.
He may have miscalculated as you say. They needed to improve for this season... the Cavs are not invulnerable.

DAF86
03-28-2017, 01:25 AM
With as bad as the Cavs are looking I wouldn't put it past them to lose against the Celtics, or even the Wizards. And the Celtics matchup pretty well against GS, it would be funny as fuck to watch the Celtics ring and get the number one pick in the draft, tbh. Just imagine the heights this thread could reach, tbh. :lol

spursistan
04-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Gonna get 8ed :lmao...

Clipper Nation
04-18-2017, 09:32 PM
Ainge is a huge faggot who overvalues the fuck out of his assets. That whole organization from Ainge on down has been getting themselves fitted for future rings ever since the Nets trade went down. I hope they never even sniff a ring with the Nets picks.

Robz4000
04-18-2017, 09:34 PM
:lmao dem assets doe

spursistan
06-22-2017, 09:26 PM

spursistan
06-30-2017, 08:58 PM
:lmao this faggot and his assets..

spurraider21
06-30-2017, 08:59 PM
dude's smart. has his team competitive (#1 seed last year)... and is waiting for lebron to decline before cashing out on assets

LkrFan
06-30-2017, 08:59 PM
:lmao this faggot and his assets..

Live look in at punkass Danny Ainge:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/pro--sports/dannystare-1.gif

:lmao

unleashbaynes
06-30-2017, 09:10 PM
Ainge already has a ring as an exec....

spursistan
06-30-2017, 09:12 PM

Clipper Nation
06-30-2017, 09:14 PM
Ainge already has a ring as an exec....

Pretty sure he has to rent it from Kevin McHale.

spursistan
06-30-2017, 09:15 PM

06-30-2017, 09:20 PM

spurraider21
06-30-2017, 09:22 PM
ainge playing chess tbh...

:lmao teams trying to load up and beat lebron in the east or the warriors in the west

LkrFan
06-30-2017, 09:24 PM

:lol

Clipper Nation
06-30-2017, 09:39 PM

:wow

TimDunkem
06-30-2017, 09:56 PM
Ainge is smart. He still has his picks and he didn't have to give them and/or Crowder/Bradley away for a year of PG only to end up with essentially nothing.

Ainge playing chess.

AlexJones
07-01-2017, 02:04 AM
:lmao Ainge is a fucking secret mastermind. He knows LeBron is going to the West in 2018....he can wait before pulling the triggers. Not like Boston would beat CLE next year. Floyd Mayweather of NBA GM's tbh

Mal
07-01-2017, 05:50 AM
Ainge should lose his job. He lost Butler, George and have nothing for Hayward that Miami or Utah does not ahve.

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 05:59 AM
Ainge should lose his job. He lost Butler, George and have nothing for Hayward that Miami or Utah does not ahve.
Turns out that the Pacers rejected Ainge's offer of first round picks, Crowder, and Bradley. They chose sending him West rather than giving him to Ainge.

Chris Fall
07-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Doesn't matter if he's smart if other teams won't deal with him out of spite and/or desire to see his team fail. Pacers rather trade for garbage than help Ainge and the Celts.

LkrFan
07-01-2017, 12:06 PM

:wow

Do you expect this Albino :monkeyballer to play 82/year 5 times to be worth his contract? :downspin:

spurraider21
05-10-2018, 12:32 AM

DAF86
05-10-2018, 01:18 AM
Ainge has drafted great and signed arguably the best coach in the league, but his two big moves: trading for Kyrie and signing Hayward are pretty meh, tbh. Neither guy is capable of leading a championship team.

spurraider21
05-10-2018, 01:34 AM
Ainge has drafted great and signed arguably the best coach in the league, but his two big moves: trading for Kyrie and signing Hayward are pretty meh, tbh. Neither guy is capable of leading a championship team.
And neither is expected to

baseline bum
05-10-2018, 01:45 AM

How is trading Thomas when he was injured and due a huge payday while nearing 30 for a much better point guard a few years younger a meh move? That Brooklyn pick they moved in the deal is likely to only end up around #10.

lefty
05-10-2018, 07:36 AM
Still going to lose to James tbh

spurraider21
05-10-2018, 10:51 AM
Still going to lose to James tbh
probably. tatum is a rook, brown is a 2nd year player, and they're missing kyrie/hayward.

this team is going to be really good for a long time... cause of ainge

DAF86
05-10-2018, 03:18 PM
How is trading Thomas when he was injured and due a huge payday while nearing 30 for a much better point guard a few years younger a meh move? That Brooklyn pick they moved in the deal is likely to only end up around #10.

Yeah, that wasn't a meh move. I should have clarified. Irving is the one that is meh for the number one option role he has right now. The move was the right thing to do.

DAF86
05-10-2018, 03:20 PM
And neither is expected to

They were the number one and two options coming into the season though. I think their injuries have been a blessing in disguise for the Celtics. If not, players like Brown, Rozier and specially Tatum wouldn't be so ahead on their development process.

Chris Fall
05-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Yup, in many ways the injuries helped develop the young guys. And now, Gordon in particular returning doesn’t take away minutes from Brown and Tatum. He takes minutes from Smart and Ojeleye and perhaps Morris. The logjam of players worthy of rotation minutes will be a nice problem to have.

spursistan
05-10-2018, 03:34 PM
They were the number one and two options coming into the season though. I think their injuries have been a blessing in disguise for the Celtics. If not, players like Brown, Rozier and specially Tatum wouldn't be so ahead on their development process.
:tu

Calling it right now: they will only be marginally better next season and there is a good chance they regress tad bit. especially if Kyrie, in contract year, doesn't fit in and go for his..

Killakobe81
05-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Yup, in many ways the injuries helped develop the young guys. And now, Gordon in particular returning doesn’t take away minutes from Brown and Tatum. He takes minutes from Smart and Ojeleye and perhaps Morris. The logjam of players worthy of rotation minutes will be a nice problem to have.

huh? yes it will take mins from Brown or Tatum ...maybe not as much if they let Smart walk ...but one of them is getting less mins.

Chris Fall
05-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Marcus Smart averaged 30 minutes a game. Hayward can take all of those minutes without affecting either Tatum or Brown. Plus, remember Tatum will play some small ball minutes at PF. Smart is gone. I don’t care how much Stevens and his teammates like him. You don’t choose to pay him with Hayward returning and with how good Brown, Tatum AND Rozier are. He’d be a luxury to keep around. And if Marcus Morris wasn’t so cheap on one year left, I’d deal him as well. They probably keep Morris. But it would be nothing to slide Horford back to center and play a smaller line-up to accommodate all three of Hayward, Brown, and Tatum.

Both Brown and Tatum averaged just under 31 minutes a game this season. I don’t see either averaging less next season.

Killakobe81
05-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Marcus Smart averaged 30 minutes a game. Hayward can take all of those minutes without affecting either Tatum or Brown. Plus, remember Tatum will play some small ball minutes at PF. Smart is gone. I don’t care how much Stevens and his teammates like him. You don’t choose to pay him with Hayward returning and with how good Brown, Tatum AND Rozier are. He’d be a luxury to keep around. And if Marcus Morris wasn’t so cheap on one year left, I’d deal him as well. They probably keep Morris. But it would be nothing to slide Horford back to center and play a smaller line-up to accommodate all three of Hayward, Brown, and Tatum.

Both Brown and Tatum averaged just under 31 minutes a game this season. I don’t see either averaging less next season.

like i said it all depends on Smart ...
But even if Smart isnt retained I question how happpy Rozier and Brown would be as 4th options or lower ...
but we will see good news is they have talent to trade if it doesnt work ...
but if healthy my starters are Horford Tatum Brown And Kyrie and Hayward is traded for a pick and u try and kerp smart at a reasonable rate.I think having Tatum and Smart offset Kyrie's shitty defense ...

Killakobe81
05-10-2018, 04:27 PM
just not wowed by Hayward at max money

spursistan
06-19-2019, 12:44 PM
Bump..

Kyrie and Horford are leaving..

Struck out on AD..

Never seriously went after PG/Butler

Made fuckin' Jaylen Brown/Tatum off the table for Kawhi.

Not selling high on Rozier after a fluke playoff run.

Danny Ainge blew it big time. His precious "assets" have depreciated to the point that the Celtics are not even sure to be Top 4 seed in the next couple of years let alone rule the East.

Laker_1995
06-19-2019, 12:57 PM
Bump..

Kyrie and Horford are leaving..

Struck out on AD..

Never seriously went after PG/Butler

Made fuckin' Jaylen Brown/Tatum off the table for Kawhi.

Not selling high on Rozier after a fluke playoff run.

Danny Ainge blew it big time. His precious "assets" have depreciated to the point that the Celtics are not even sure to be Top 4 seed in the next couple of years let alone rule the East.

My nigga lmao. I love this.

Killakobe81
06-19-2019, 01:52 PM
like i said it all depends on Smart ...
But even if Smart isnt retained I question how happpy Rozier and Brown would be as 4th options or lower ...
but we will see good news is they have talent to trade if it doesnt work ...
but if healthy my starters are Horford Tatum Brown And Kyrie and Hayward is traded for a pick and u try and kerp smart at a reasonable rate.I think having Tatum and Smart offset Kyrie's shitty defense ...

Bump
I told yall that shit would fail as did a few others on here... when everyone was sucking off Ainge.
I admit I was drinking the Stevens Kool-aid
But was right that resigning smart and adding Kyrie and Hayward was gonna fuck the chemistry up..

Killakobe81
06-19-2019, 01:53 PM

You were overly optimistic my brother

Chris Fall
06-19-2019, 03:03 PM
You were overly optimistic my brother

Yeah for real... good bump.

Still should have just let Smart even with what’s happening this summer. To his credit, he actually was a competent long range shooter this past season. Still would have never re-signed him. And Jaylen Brown did lose minutes and regressed probably in part because of that.

Kyle_Kuzma
06-19-2019, 03:23 PM
Bump
I told yall that shit would fail as did a few others on here... when everyone was sucking off Ainge.
I admit I was drinking the Stevens Kool-aid
But was right that resigning smart and adding Kyrie and Hayward was gonna fuck the chemistry up..

your quote is garbage. you didn’t call shit you retard.:lmao

Killakobe81
06-19-2019, 03:35 PM
your quote is garbage. you didn’t call shit you retard.:lmao

Huh? I said it elsewhere but did call all of it... Except I thought Stevens was a top 3 coach which I admitted. To lazy to find them but if you see the quote I did bump I said te return would fuck with Brown and Rozier and Hayward wasn't shit... I just said it nice in this thread because use I respect Chris Fall... But apparently reading between the lines ain't your Forte.

LkrFan
06-19-2019, 05:21 PM
Kyrie a real one:
:lol

FrostKing
06-19-2019, 10:05 PM
Niggas are very group think. Once something is HOT or it is NOT they jump. Boston is a city with Championship exceptions and they will win another one before all these losers jumping ship do

Laker_1995
06-19-2019, 10:27 PM
Niggas are very group think. Once something is HOT or it is NOT they jump. Boston is a city with Championship exceptions and they will win another one before all these losers jumping ship do

I love seeing Boston down but there still in better position than most of the east. Niggas listen to the media too much. Brainwashed by tweets and espn.

Killakobe81
06-20-2019, 12:08 AM
I love seeing Boston down but there still in better position than most of the east. Niggas listen to the media too much. Brainwashed by tweets and espn.

They still have cap space and picks galore.
But fact remains they wasted the Cavs fleecing and failed to capitalize on all their draft assets. Still have a good if overrated coach but I still believe Tatum will be very good not sure elite tho