PDA

View Full Version : this is the thread about trading barry

ducks
10-11-2005, 06:30 PM
barry has not improved at all. HE NEEDS TO GET AGRESSIVE if he wants to remain a spur. I think they need to move him if he does not improve. Yes I know it is preseason and it was just one game. But how long can you wait for him? Beno looks more solid this year then last year. Manu can play backup point if need be. But the spurs have nve to. Barry needs to step up soon or get traded.

ducks
10-11-2005, 06:33 PM
maybe the spurs could trade with the cavs and get picks for barry since cavs do not make the playoffs and ferry needs point help

angel_luv
10-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Did you not see Barry play last night? Looked good to me.

http://www.nba.com/games/20051010/SASMIA/boxscore.html

ALVAREZ6
10-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Manu can play backup point if need me.

:lol :lol :lol

I thought this was the thread about making fun of ducks...oh wait, that's pretty much every thread...

ducks
10-11-2005, 06:37 PM

he needs to be agressive :fro\
if not trade him
he is suppose to be the guard off the bench to prove soem scoring

Dre_7
10-11-2005, 06:43 PM
he needs to be agressive :fro\
if not trade him
he is suppose to be the guard off the bench to prove soem scoring

Fin will be able to provide some scoring off the bench. All Barry needs to do is hit open threes. The addition of Fin makes Barry's role even less.

kskonn
10-11-2005, 06:49 PM
I did not see the game but I would take that box score from Barry on a nightly basis,

Ducks, what exactly was he not being aggressive on, could he have had more points, created more opportunities?

Spurminator
10-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Yeah, "be more aggressive" is a bit vague. Maybe you could specifiy what exactly you expect from him.

ducks
10-11-2005, 07:00 PM
since spurs have finely and he works out
barry should be traded for picks

TwoHandJam
10-11-2005, 07:05 PM
How was Barry not being aggressive last night? He took 9 shots in 17 minutes, tying for the most fga on the team, shot 5-9 and hit 3 3pt shots! What more do you want? Don't forget that he was on the floor when the reserves keyed that comeback.

duncan2k5
10-11-2005, 07:10 PM
maybe he wants barry to dunk on someones head like t-mac...not gonna happen. barry is serving his purpose. think about the playoffs where he was killing the other teams. phoenix 2 straight games gunning threes in the fourth. game 7 against detroit pairing up with horry. running backup point when tony was being tony and beno was being a rookie. where would we be without him? who knows? i for one dont wanna find out.

TheWriter
10-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Ducks makes zero sense.

Barry was pretty damn aggressive last night. He just caught and shot.

tmtcsc
10-11-2005, 07:26 PM
I've been riding the Brent's gotta step up wagon for a while.

I thought he played great last night. In fact, if he can do that for us every night, I'd be thrilled. He looked smooth and played like he was much more comfortable.

Gotta disagree with the agressiveness point. He came in and did exactly what he should. Take the 3's and move the ball.

ducks
10-11-2005, 07:45 PM
he was ok last night but can he keep it up?

he needs to so spurs can trade him for picks
with finley being locked up bye bye

Spurminator
10-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Now you're just being inconsistent.

ducks
10-11-2005, 07:48 PM
did I say he was great

he has to play ok to get his ass traded

TheWriter
10-11-2005, 07:49 PM

he needs to so spurs can trade him for picks
with finley being locked up bye bye

Really, why? Because you said so?

You don't like the idea of great "depth?"

ducks
10-11-2005, 07:50 PM
spurs have to get rid of his contract.....
picks would be nice for him
so they have more room to try to get scola, the long three AND KEEP NAZR

ducks
10-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Really, why? Because you said so?

You don't like the idea of great "depth?"

because you said he was great he was?

I like depth
but
tp
nve
beno
manu

why do we need barry to play backup point to?????????????????

spurs need to retain nazr and get a long three more then they need barry

Marcus Bryant
10-11-2005, 07:52 PM
ducks is correct that Barry is on the bubble. Barry is useful in the sense that he can give you an outside shooting threat and that his skills are well suited to the Spurs' offensive system. With Finley in place for the next two or three seasons you already have your primary backup wing. With both Bowen and Finley up in age having a guy like Barry can help keep their minutes down during the regular season.

Barry as the primary swing backup gives me pause. I'm not as concerned with him as the 4th swing.

TheWriter
10-11-2005, 07:54 PM
because you said he was great he was?

I like depth
but
tp
nve
beno
manu

why do we need barry to play backup point to?????????????????

spurs need to retain nazr and get a long three more then they need barry

Where did I use the words "great" and Barry" in the same sentence?

And Barry is a 2, not our fourth backup at point guard.

Manu/Finley/Barry

Pop can use either Finley or Barry for match up problems or just for three point threats.

Spurminator
10-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Barry seems like the type that will be happy regardless of minutes. Unless there's a specific that can be filled at his expense, trading him strikes me as a move for the sake of a move.

Sure he's first to go once there's a problem, but why not wait for a problem?

ducks
10-11-2005, 07:58 PM
if you wait for a problem you get nothing in return
barry can be userfull for teams needing a backup point

Marcus Bryant
10-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Barry has a large contract for a backup backup in SA. Perhaps Holt Cat is willing to pay to keep him around.

We shall see.

ALVAREZ6
10-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Ducks: Stop bitching. Barry is a player that fits in with this team, we use him to rest our players, and he hits 3's. Barry is a benefit because he can play 3 positions with the Spurs, and you never know who's gonna get hurt. I don't see why you wanna get rid of him. What would that do?

The point is, the Spurs are the fuckin defending champs, and we are going back to the finals, and winning another trophy. 1st preseason game and you're already bitchin about a certain player.

ploto
10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
spurs have to get rid of his contract.....
picks would be nice for him
so they have more room to try to get scola, the long three AND KEEP NAZR

I don't know why people keep repeating this. Nazr is gone next summer- whether Barry or Rasho are traded or not.

T Park
10-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Nazr is gone next summer

Link?

Spurminator
10-11-2005, 08:51 PM
if you wait for a problem you get nothing in return

I meant a problem in regards to the rotation or the appearance of a glaring need in the Spurs lineup.

Marcus Bryant
10-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Nazr is gone next summer because Oberto can do his job at one-third the price.

thispego
10-11-2005, 09:12 PM
pro-barry traders are stupid

smeagol
10-11-2005, 09:23 PM
First ducks says:

barry has not improved at all.

and

Barry needs to step up soon or get traded.

and

he needs to be agressive.

but then he does a 180 degree move and says:

As somebody said, you make no sense.

whottt
10-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Count me among those that are ready to see Barry traded...Not so much because I don't like his game...just because I am sick of hearing those that don't like his game bitch about him...

Trading him will give them an excellent chance to shut the fuck up, once and for all, and for that reason alone I am for trading him.

The Spurs now have plenty of shot chuckers that have no qualms about hogging the ball or thinking they are superstars as they chuck up a bunch of junk...

Spurs fans consider this stupid when it's Antoine Walker doing it...but the abesence of that type of game by a player on this team draws nothing but endless whining derision...I think they call it a lack of sac...

God save me from anther season of this....

This type of, dumbfuck, game, appeals to a, sadly, large and vocal, dumbass segment of Spursfandom that don't have a true enough IQ for the game, collectively, to fill a gnat's jock strap,...it is the stupid takes of these dumbasses that severely hinder my enjoyment of this board...

So in assessing the situation...

We got plenty of shot chuckers now, one of them just happens to be a very clutch one who also has a similar skill set to Barry, in NVE...so for that reason I am counting the seconds till the trade happens, we've really got nothing to lose, that NVE can't give us, except a player who wanted to be her and helped the team win a title last season. If Finley turns out to be a loser, as I suspect he is, NVE should still be able to offset his suck, and at least the board dumbasses will be criticizing a player I really don't like...

So there's really nothing to lose by trading Barry,...do it...do it now. Please god let it happen...not another season of this shit.

whottt
10-11-2005, 09:42 PM
PS...anyone that is expecting Barry to average 13 PPG off the bench is a dumbass of rare caliber...

Tell you what...give me a list of the players that have done that in the history of the franchise.

Marcus Bryant
10-11-2005, 09:49 PM
NVE has put the "Barry can see minutes at point" argument to bed. At this point, Barry is superfluous. Finley is the backup swing and NVE is the vet ballhandler to go to when Udrih can't handle the pressure, lest we forget Saint Manu.

xcoriate
10-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Heres what I don't get, sure the Spurs have traditionally had a 3 man rotation on the wings but when you have as much quality as we do I think there is plenty of merit to changing that, anf you can do it with no real negatives.

SG: Manu 33 Brent 15
SF Bowen 28 Finley 20

^ Now what is the problem with something like that. All players get adequate minutes to contribute, if Brent doesn't then yuo can bench him likewise Finley. This also keeps everyone fresh and ready for the playoffs and allows Pop to cater for matchups. Hell you might even cut Bowens minutes a little less than that.

With the quality of these players that is an ideal situation and taking into consideration there age it makes even more sense. Nick still gets his minutes at PG, Beno can play spot minutes at the 1+2...

All good if you ask me.

nkdlunch
10-11-2005, 09:53 PM
A trade Rasho thread would make more sense. I think Barry will be useful in the playoffs especially if there are injuries (knock on wood)

xcoriate
10-11-2005, 09:56 PM
well thats a whole other thread isn't it and to be truthful I am happy enough to wait for a good deal to come around for him. We dont need anything desperately so IMO theres no rush.

Trainwreck2100
10-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Nazr is gone next summer because if the Spurs can't get rid of Rasho, no way they will sign the contract Nazr will probably want. The only way to get rid of him is if he started playing really well, and if he became good enough to trade w/out having to give someone else, why trade him. We already burned Isiah once so he's out and no other GM would do something that stupid.

milkyway21
10-11-2005, 10:04 PM
barry has not improved at all. HE NEEDS TO GET AGRESSIVE if he wants to remain a spur. I think they need to move him if he does not improve. Yes I know it is preseason and it was just one game. But how long can you wait for him? Beno looks more solid this year then last year. Manu can play backup point if need be. But the spurs have nve to. Barry needs to step up soon or get traded.
:lol

where were you last night, Ducks?

Leetonidas
10-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Barry is a great passer, a great ball handler, great shooter, great free-throw shooter, can run the point, and he's a class act. He's fine where he is.

ShoogarBear
10-11-2005, 10:25 PM
I love this. ST.com is getting in shape for the regular season, too. All the regulars are getting their grooves back.

callo1
10-11-2005, 11:03 PM
maybe the spurs could trade with the cavs and get picks for barry since cavs do not make the playoffs and ferry needs point help

Hmmm....Brent looked good last night...did you watch the game?

Don't be so fast to drop the hammer on Barry...remember that guy named Horry that pressed to hard his 1st year in a Spurs uniform? He seemed to have a decent 2nd year didn't he?

I expect more from Brent this year because he has his ring, understands the team better, and can just go out and play without thinking as much as he did last year.

mookie2001
10-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Kori
i said your name so youve got to answer this post

can we have a trade barry/rasho forum?

myhc
10-11-2005, 11:48 PM
so what if bowen or manu gets injured for a large part of the season? finley moves to the starting lineup, who'll be our backup swingman, beno? nve? damn you're dense.

Kori Ellis
10-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Kori
i said your name so youve got to answer this post

can we have a trade barry/rasho forum?

haha

No, but I'm thinking of making a trash forum. Where I can move ridiculous threads but people can still post in them -- I just won't have to look at them.

ShoogarBear
10-12-2005, 12:11 AM
It would just be easier to make a "Reasonable Threads" forum.

xcoriate
10-12-2005, 12:15 AM
So I take it no one else sees 4 swingman as a possibility :/

Screw you all :lol

DieMrBond
10-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Im with you xcoriate, im all for a 3 swing lineup... that extra (well, biggest) 3 point threat, and passing threat, and all the other intangiables that Barry brings is too good to pass up. Go on Pop, you know you want to :)

travis2
10-12-2005, 06:47 AM
It would just be easier to make a "Reasonable Threads" forum.
Nah...that'll just look like the Battle Blog forum...seen the traffic there lately?

Kori Ellis
10-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Nah...that'll just look like the Battle Blog forum...seen the traffic there lately?

Umm.. maybe because Battle Blogs are over for the year.

The next Battle Blog season begins when NBA season begins.

Ishta
10-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Count me among those that are ready to see Barry traded...Not so much because I don't like his game...just because I am sick of hearing those that don't like his game bitch about him...

Trading him will give them an excellent chance to shut the fuck up, once and for all, and for that reason alone I am for trading him.

The Spurs now have plenty of shot chuckers that have no qualms about hogging the ball or thinking they are superstars as they chuck up a bunch of junk...

Spurs fans consider this stupid when it's Antoine Walker doing it...but the abesence of that type of game by a player on this team draws nothing but endless whining derision...I think they call it a lack of sac...

God save me from anther season of this....

This type of, dumbfuck, game, appeals to a, sadly, large and vocal, dumbass segment of Spursfandom that don't have a true enough IQ for the game, collectively, to fill a gnat's jock strap,...it is the stupid takes of these dumbasses that severely hinder my enjoyment of this board...

So in assessing the situation...

We got plenty of shot chuckers now, one of them just happens to be a very clutch one who also has a similar skill set to Barry, in NVE...so for that reason I am counting the seconds till the trade happens, we've really got nothing to lose, that NVE can't give us, except a player who wanted to be her and helped the team win a title last season. If Finley turns out to be a loser, as I suspect he is, NVE should still be able to offset his suck, and at least the board dumbasses will be criticizing a player I really don't like...

So there's really nothing to lose by trading Barry,...do it...do it now. Please god let it happen...not another season of this shit.I agree 100%. I am extremley tired and disgusted of reading how shitty Barry was, and or is. They will get rid of him if they need to, and not before.

travis2
10-12-2005, 07:11 AM
Umm.. maybe because Battle Blogs are over for the year.

The next Battle Blog season begins when NBA season begins.

Just trying to make a joke, Kori...

callo1
10-12-2005, 12:07 PM
I agree 100%. I am extremley tired and disgusted of reading how shitty Barry was, and or is. They will get rid of him if they need to, and not before.

And you honestly think that trading Barry will stop those people from complaining?

If its not Barry, it will be something else to complain about...trust me.

Ishta
10-12-2005, 01:44 PM
And you honestly think that trading Barry will stop those people from complaining?

If its not Barry, it will be something else to complain about...trust me.
No SHIT:rolleyes ...but Barry has had the FULL treatment

ducks
10-12-2005, 02:19 PM
barry brought it on with his subpar play

thispego
10-12-2005, 03:19 PM
barry is ready to go this year, he's been here a year now and he's already a champ
he'l be confident, non-hesitant, and deadly

batman2883
10-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Rasho is still being shopped around i doubt very highly that nazr will leave if we win another championship this year.....oberto isnt the future he's already 30

easjer
10-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Brought on by his sub-par play? When? In the Conference finals? The Finals? The game the other night?

Ok, he didn't have a stellar season, and he had a rough adjustment, between new systems, lots of pressure to be the big thing, and competition for minutes with a young guy who knew the system and was getting better. But you know what?

He figured out the system, found his shot and his confidence and once he got past the mental block of playing his old team, was a top contributor.

Sort of like a couple other vets we've picked up, say, Robert Horry, for example.

There is every reason to expect, given scouting reports and preseason thus far, that Barry will only continue his play from the postseason run. This while Finley must adjust to the new system, face his old team, and work on joints that are practically non-existant at this point.

Picking up Finley should be a good thing, particularly since he'll get plenty of rest and be fresher, and also ease up Barry and Bowen. If his shot continues, and Barry's shot continues, then awesome. That's some great shooting options in the arsenal. But I hardly think Brent Barry is simply going to be traded before it is possible to see how a declining player adjusts to a new system with less minutes and different expectations.

thispego
10-12-2005, 03:40 PM
good one easjer

ducks
10-12-2005, 03:57 PM
do not whine to me that the spurs traded barry

barry is expendable know the spurs have nve and finley

Cant_Be_Faded
10-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Some of you will never be satisfied.

Some of you will never want him to be traded.

ducks
10-12-2005, 03:59 PM
for the record I wanted him over jackson because he could play backup point

however he struggled last season
most admit that.... he brought up trade talk because of his stuggles
NOT A HARD CONCEPT TO GRASP IF you are not sucking his balls

mcornelio
10-12-2005, 04:01 PM
ducks you might just be a idiot... sure.. lets just trade random players who we love here in san antonio just so we can get some dumbass draft pick that you want

Cant_Be_Faded
10-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Let's trade Barry for Desagagana Diop.

easjer
10-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Shouldn't you give him, for the sake of some kind of actually decent argument or real point, say two or three games before declaring him bad and trade fodder? He did poorly in the early part of last season, but was killer by the end.

Shouldn't you, for the sake of a basis in reality, wait to see what NVE and Finley produce, given the record of stars coming to SA only to struggle during their first season because of the dramatic change in minutes/style/system?

Oh, right! You just want to be a drama queen and argue against a player for your team that you've taken some bizarre dislike to. Got it.

Spuritista
10-12-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm thinking of making a trash forum. Where I can move ridiculous threads but people can still post in them -- I just won't have to look at them.

I think ducks would be perfect as Moderator. He has plenty of knowledge about that.

wildbill2u
10-12-2005, 04:28 PM

Five for nine in 17 minutes with 3>7 from the FT line.(And that's an anomaly since he's ussually much better) with 3 assists. I'll take that line from a backup anytime. :elephant

Cant_Be_Faded
10-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Seriously lets try to get Desagna Diop.

ducks
10-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Shouldn't you give him, for the sake of some kind of actually decent argument or real point, say two or three games before declaring him bad and trade fodder? He did poorly in the early part of last season, but was killer by the end.

Shouldn't you, for the sake of a basis in reality, wait to see what NVE and Finley produce, given the record of stars coming to SA only to struggle during their first season because of the dramatic change in minutes/style/system?

Oh, right! You just want to be a drama queen and argue against a player for your team that you've taken some bizarre dislike to. Got it.

barry played all season last year

look the spurs need to resign nazr and in order to do that
they need to trade barry for draft picks
if spurs got a high draft pick they could really get someone good.
beings they got tp and manu so late in the draft :elephant

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-12-2005, 04:40 PM
barry played all season last year

look the spurs need to resign nazr and in order to do that
they need to trade barry for draft picks
if spurs got a high draft pick they could really get someone good.
beings they got tp and manu so late in the draft :elephant

Whether or not Nazr comes back is going to have very little to do with whether or not Barry is here. I can tell you right now with the big man market as full of crazy ass contracts as it is that Nazr is going to be able to command a price so big that it won't matter if the Spurs free up cap room by moving Barry. He's going to the hit the free agency waters at the same time as Big Ben, who is probably going to be able to get some team to at least offer him max money, and Nazr will be able to use that fact to raise his asking price as well. The biggest x-factor in this mix is Oberto. If he can give the Spurs what Nazr gives them at a fraction of the price I don't think the Spurs will have any problem letting him walk. And frankly, I would think its more likely that Oberto will be able to fill in effectively for Nazr than Finley will for Barry.

ducks
10-12-2005, 04:44 PM
barry is making like 4 million a year
if they trade him for picks they can use that 4 million to pay nazr

4 million is alot of money unless you happen to be a billionare

easjer
10-12-2005, 04:46 PM
The Spurs don't need a high pick - they make pretty good with the 'low' picks they get. And that may be better as it allows them to develop players for the down the road time when Tim Duncan is gone and Manu is not as lightning fast because age has caught up with him (at which point, of course, Bowen, Horry, NVE, Finley and others will be long gone).

As for keeping Nazr, I think it's too early to determine how feasible and how desirable that truly is. He did all right in the playoffs, but he's prone to foul trouble, butterfingers, and inability to convert under the basket, added to shaky defense. Now a full training camp and shot at a season with more experience receiving passes from Manu and Tony and more time with the defensive system may rectify those things, but they may not. And if not, why keep him? Rasho fills the role we need there well enough, and Oberto can seemingly do it waaaaaayyyyy less expensively than Nazr - not to mention a couple of folks in foreign lands waiting for their shots.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-12-2005, 04:46 PM
barry is making like 4 million a year
if they trade him for picks they can use that 4 million to pay nazr

4 million is alot of money unless you happen to be a billionare

It is a lot of money, but whether the Spurs have it or not they won't be able to match if some team decides to throw a Dampier sized contract at him. They're going to have to clear out a lot more to keep Nazr unless he basically decides to sign for peanuts. I think if Oberto is looking good enough he'll be gone by the deadline.

easjer
10-12-2005, 04:48 PM
4 million a year will most likely not be enough for Nazr. He's now won a championship as a starter, is riding a high, and quality big men are few and far between enough that a mediocre big man commands a higher salary than Barry trades will be able to provide (that's why so many of you hate Rasho, remember?).

Spurminator
10-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Why are we so concerned about locking up a player who we've seen for half a season? We don't even know what to expect out of Nazr right now. He's shown flashes of being a decent center, and he's shown flashes of being Malik Rose plus 4 inches... which is not meant to be a knock on Rose, but if we weren't concerned about keeping him, then why Nazr?

ducks
10-12-2005, 05:24 PM
ofcourse it will cost more then 4 million a year for nazr
( I may be studid but not stupid)

they can use barry's 4 and a couple of million and still be under the tax thresford

ducks
10-12-2005, 05:26 PM
The Spurs don't need a high pick - they make pretty good with the 'low' picks they get. And that may be better as it allows them to develop players for the down the road time when Tim Duncan is gone and Manu is not as lightning fast because age has caught up with him (at which point, of course, Bowen, Horry, NVE, Finley and others will be long gone).

the spurs do not need barry,nve or finely either to win a title but it is easier with them

smeagol
10-12-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm with whottt on this one.