PDA

View Full Version : Davis Bertans...

apalisoc_9
02-25-2017, 01:31 AM
Must be really tough for a coach to convince him he deserves all these DNPs. I'm not complaining or anything, but the Dedmon-Lee have all been super and Aldridge and Gasol are both set.

But Bertans has been an absoulte beast and easily one of 5 players in this team that I have never seen question his ability on the offensive end.

I wonder how the coaching stuff brings it up tp him...Hey, I know you've saved our assess multiple times this year but...

bulakenyo
02-25-2017, 01:38 AM
I havent seen enough of him, but is he talented anough to slide for spot minutes at 3, 4 or mobile 5, like an all around back up?

To get his minutes, maybe in the future when he finally breaks into the regular rotation.

Good shooter and passer, surprising agility, but not enough playeing time.

Chinook
02-25-2017, 01:42 AM
They know that they can't or won't retain both Lee and Dedmon and that even if they do they won't retain Pau after next year. Bertans still has a lot to learn. He could play a role now, but he could be a starter with more work on his body and his skills. He has time.

SAGirl
02-25-2017, 01:58 AM
It's the same chat they give Dijon .. and though unpopular here.. Kyle. Same chat CoJo got. Whatever Pop says to those guys to keep their chins up, keep them motivated, etc. even though they could be playing... that is what Davis hears. He has game.

Mr. Body
02-25-2017, 02:02 AM
He's too weak to go against the Clippers.

DAF86
02-25-2017, 03:13 AM
It's the same chat they give Dijon .. and though unpopular here.. Kyle. Same chat CoJo got. Whatever Pop says to those guys to keep their chins up, keep them motivated, etc. even though they could be playing... that is what Davis hears. He has game.

Sorry, but Anderson doesn't get Bertans and Murray's chat. If Anderson had showed even half of what the other two did, he would be a rotation player right now.

apalisoc_9
02-25-2017, 03:30 AM
Sorry, but Anderson doesn't get Bertans and Murray's chat. If Anderson had showed even half of what the other two did, he would be a rotation player right now.

I doubt Dijon gets the same thing.

At least with Dijon, he's shown that he can be super erratic and unreliable despite the potential he has shown as a player.

Bertans has shown that he is more than ready for playoff minutes.

duncan2k5
02-25-2017, 03:38 AM
Bertrans needs minutes at the 3...he is pretty athletic and mobile for his height...combined with his skills, he would be a really good 3...

apalisoc_9
02-25-2017, 03:55 AM
Bertans would look like the shittiest player in the nba if he ever plays in the 3 spot :lol

venitian navigator
02-25-2017, 04:09 AM
after all the asg rest, this was the perfect game for playing the old vets and see if, with given rest, they still can deliver. Parker and expecially Manu have ben good this nnight. Now, startin with the lakers game, it's time for the young guys to go on developing themselves and team chemistry.... i'm sure all of KA, DJM and DB will have plenty of minutes in the lakers game and also in the remaining games...(most of wich are gonna be home games).

Mal
02-25-2017, 04:20 AM
It`s Popovich, I don`t think there is any young player in the league, who would question him.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-25-2017, 04:27 AM
Bertrans needs minutes at the 3...he is pretty athletic and mobile for his height...combined with his skills, he would be a really good 3...

He gets blown by 4s consistently :lol at the 3 he'd be a disaster. His shot is great but he's got to start rebounding better to get more minutes.

Mr. Body
02-25-2017, 06:35 AM
Blake scored 27 lady bought. If Bertans played he might have scored fifty.

Fireball
02-25-2017, 08:04 AM
We will Not See much of him the rest of the season. Sad .

Old School 44
02-25-2017, 08:15 AM
Spurs stealth development program. The Spurs evaluate to see if they want to keep youth after their cheap contract is up. You get sneak peeks, but rarely ever full, in-game development. They don't want to drive the prices up on their youth.

This is great for the long term consistency and financial health of the franchise, but not so good for the here and now.

wildbill2u
02-25-2017, 09:56 AM
Bertans is something of a unique talent. Because of his size, shooting and relative mobility for a big man, he's more than a handful for a defensive player at the 3. On the other hand, he's not quite mobile enough to defend against a lot of 3s. Great situational player at this point tho.

bklynspursfan
02-25-2017, 10:01 AM

Yea, Anderson had his chance to show something. Those guys are in their rookie years, it's not that surprising honestly. They've got potential and as long as they keep working they'll earn consistent minutes. Murray is about his decision making and patience, and Bertans is still lost defensively at times.

Anderson at this point plays when there are injuries or if Pop is looking for any combination to change it up. He probably lost his chance at being a rotation player, but we'll see

bklynspursfan
02-25-2017, 10:02 AM
Spurs stealth development program. The Spurs evaluate to see if they want to keep youth after their cheap contract is up. You get sneak peeks, but rarely ever full, in-game development. They don't want to drive the prices up on their youth.

This is great for the long term consistency and financial health of the franchise, but not so good for the here and now.

Truth. Gotta keep the big picture in mind