PDA

View Full Version : East Austin

BD24
02-25-2017, 03:34 PM
So those of you that live in Austin what are your thoughts on east Austin? I am looking at a few neighborhoods just east of downtown that are pretty much right on the river. Think it is approximately 5 miles east. Neighborhood name is knoll wood on the Colorado river is neighborhood name. How bad is it on the east side? Getting better? Good area to live?

lil'mo
02-25-2017, 04:28 PM
Hipster central now

Spur|n|Austin
02-25-2017, 07:01 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/de/7b/ef/de7befde8c0a1fb294bb1c9c2941e642.jpg

DJR210
02-26-2017, 10:16 AM
Passed through Austin a few days ago and stopped at Lazarus Brewing on the East before driving through 6th and 5th.. :wow at the fucking pussy walking around there, asian chicks half naked strolling through the hood

illusioNtEk
02-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Traffic fucking sucks.... horrible drivers everywhere.... god I love SA

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:14 AM
If I was going to pay 350 - 400K for a new home, I'd look further outside of the city for something with some land. I think the "on the Colorado" aspect of the neighborhood artificially inflates the price, considering you're not really on the Colorado, just near it. There's a pretty good swath of land between the subdivision and the river (maybe good thing during a flood). It's not really close enough to downtown Austin to make it that much better than a suburb of Austin. I drive from Round Rock area and it takes me about 30m during rush hour to get to the university, not counting the days where traffic is stopped due to a major accident. Even then you have several choices in ingress like East or West toll.

DJR210
02-26-2017, 11:42 AM
Traffic fucking sucks.... horrible drivers everywhere.... god I love SA

Yeah 35 is beyond pathetic.. I paid the toll on 130, fuck that shit

BD24
02-26-2017, 03:58 PM
If I was going to pay 350 - 400K for a new home, I'd look further outside of the city for something with some land. I think the "on the Colorado" aspect of the neighborhood artificially inflates the price, considering you're not really on the Colorado, just near it. There's a pretty good swath of land between the subdivision and the river (maybe good thing during a flood). It's not really close enough to downtown Austin to make it that much better than a suburb of Austin. I drive from Round Rock area and it takes me about 30m during rush hour to get to the university, not counting the days where traffic is stopped due to a major accident. Even then you have several choices in ingress like East or West toll.
The neighborhood price is comparable to that of others around it in the area. Honestly cities on the north side are similar priced as well and much much farther from DT. I like that this is only 5 miles from downtown. Yes it isn't actually on the River, but from what I have seen its close enough that you can literally walk from your house to the river if not a lazy piece of shit. I'm gonna actually check the neighborhood out next time I go to Austin. Only major downside I have seen to this area is that the schools in the area suck ass.

I've heard RR to downtown in Rush hour is close to 45 minutes from locals. Have I been misinformed?