PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Pels would be so much better if Cousins was the main guy.

apalisoc_9
02-25-2017, 11:06 PM
I have never seen Anthony Davis show any sembalnce of using his gravity for the benefit of his team. He's so bad. Stats so inflated.

He now has a better supporting cast than someone like Butler and Jokic with holiday-cousins and they still lool awful.

apalisoc_9
02-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Never seen a non-winner get so much benefit of the doubt. It's crazy.

monosylab1k
02-25-2017, 11:29 PM
Don't know about making Cousins the "main guy", but at least letting Cousins own the paint and playing Davis in a stretch 4 role seems more logical than having them get in each other's way down low.

apalisoc_9
02-25-2017, 11:38 PM
Don't know about making Cousins the "main guy", but at least letting Cousins own the paint and playing Davis in a stretch 4 role seems more logical than having them get in each other's way down low.

That would help, here's the thing though..Cousins actually shots the three ball better and shots it consistently and is just as good in the midrange.

Watching the Pelicans, not just this year but last year..Davis just doesn't imapct a teams offense as much as Cousins.

Arcadian
02-26-2017, 02:37 AM
Their minutes were mostly staggered tonight. I think the strategy is to let them take turns being the main guy. But for the few minutes they did play together, they showed signs of being unstoppable. On one play, Cousins shot a 3, missed, and Davis got an easy offensive board and dunk. How do you guard them both while keeping them off the glass? There's a tradeoff between contesting shots and boxing out. With these guys, you have to do both.

Mark Celibate
02-26-2017, 10:16 AM
I agree, Cousins seems like he should be the main guy. He has that alpha, aggressive demeanor to go along with the fact that no center in the NBA can really stop him. Davis seems like a perfect #2 option on a contending team since he can affect the game in more ways than scoring whereas if Cousins isn't scoring, he's not doing much. At Kentucky, Davis was a rim protector and would wear out the other teams as a 2nd/3rd option. He just seems like he'd be a much better fit as an off the ball mid range shooter, slasher to the rim kind of guy which would give him enough energy to dominate on the defensive end.

Anthony Davis is more talented but as much flack as Cousins has been given, he definitely has that "I don't care who's guarding me, I want the ball and I'm going to score everytime" mentality that you can't teach.

Will Hunting
02-26-2017, 10:54 AM
I agree, Cousins seems like he should be the main guy. He has that alpha, aggressive demeanor to go along with the fact that no center in the NBA can really stop him. Davis seems like a perfect #2 option on a contending team since he can affect the game in more ways than scoring whereas if Cousins isn't scoring, he's not doing much. At Kentucky, Davis was a rim protector and would wear out the other teams as a 2nd/3rd option. He just seems like he'd be a much better fit as an off the ball mid range shooter, slasher to the rim kind of guy which would give him enough energy to dominate on the defensive end.

Anthony Davis is more talented but as much flack as Cousins has been given, he definitely has that "I don't care who's guarding me, I want the ball and I'm going to score everytime" mentality that you can't teach.

Agreed with this. Cousins is a much more complete and natural scorer than Davis, and he's also a better passer imo. Davis is much more effective when plays aren't being called for him and he's scoring off of 2nd chance points, open jumpers and soft weak side defense.

More than anything though their perimeter players don't know their role and fucking suck. Jrue Holiday has never done anything in the NBA other than whore for stats on bad teams and they don't have any elite shooters who teams respect. They might have already blown their chance to get a dominant wing scorer they way they used all their cap space last year on shitty players like Solomon Hill.

Killakobe81
02-26-2017, 11:05 AM
Their minutes were mostly staggered tonight. I think the strategy is to let them take turns being the main guy. But for the few minutes they did play together, they showed signs of being unstoppable. On one play, Cousins shot a 3, missed, and Davis got an easy offensive board and dunk. How do you guard them both while keeping them off the glass? There's a tradeoff between contesting shots and boxing out. With these guys, you have to do both.

I saw some of the Dallas game Cousins is horrible in defensive rotations. Not sure how they defend any team with good perrmeter shooting annd ball movement...

Floyd Pacquiao
02-27-2017, 12:55 AM
And if Alvin Gentry wasn't their coach

Mr. Body
02-27-2017, 01:05 AM
They're both empty stats.