PDA

View Full Version : Garmin engineer shot and killed in Kansas...

ElNono
02-26-2017, 04:46 AM
Garmin engineer shot and killed in Kansas by man who allegedly yelled ‘get out of my country’
by Colin Lecher and Ben Popper Feb 23, 2017, 5:34pm EST

A Kansas man was charged today after the fatal shooting of a Garmin engineer at a bar Wednesday night, police said.

The suspect in the shooting, Adam Purinton, was drinking at the bar in Olathe, Kansas, at about 7:15PM that night, the Kansas City Star reported. A witness said he yelled “get out of my country” to two of the victims, reportedly saying the men, believed to originally be from India, were “Middle Eastern.”

At a press conference, a local prosecutor said Purinton has been charged with one count of premeditated first degree murder, and two counts of attempted premeditated first degree murder. He is awaiting extradition to Kansas from Missouri, according to officials. An FBI official said the agency is investigating with local police. It’s unclear for now if Purinton will be charged with a federal hate crime. He is under a $2 million bond.

Srinivas Kuchibhotla, an engineer at Garmin, was killed. Another victim injured in the shooting, Alok Madasani, also worked at Garmin. A third man, Ian Grillot, was also injured. Witnesses told the Star that Grillot was attempting to help the two other men after they were confronted. Officials said Madasani and Grillot have been treated and are in stable condition.

Law enforcement officials said they were still in the early stages of investigating the crime, and could provide few details to confirm witness reports of the incident.

Police found Purinton 80 miles away, five hours later, at a Clinton, Missouri Applebee’s. He allegedly told the bartender there about the shooting, according to the Star.

“We’re saddened that two Garmin associates were involved in last night’s incident, and we express our condolences to the family and friends of our co-workers involved,” the company said in a statement to the paper. “Garmin will have grievance counselors on-site and available for its associates today and tomorrow.”

Adam Hamilton, a pastor in the nearby community of Leawood, told The Verge that he feels “there is a fear of the other that has been exacerbated during the election.”

He went on to note that Garmin is a huge source of pride in the area. In 2015, Garmin won approval from the Olathe City Council to expand its headquarters in hopes of doubling its 2,700 employee headcount. Hamilton said that some engineers employed at Garmin were part of the changing face of the community.

“The diversity is increasing. It’s still small but it’s growing. A small contingent in my congregation are Indian. So I want people in our church to think about what things must be like for them right now. And to let them know that we are thinking of them.”

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/23/14717506/garmin-engineer-shooting-kansas

ElNono
02-26-2017, 04:47 AM
Probably a crazy lunatic, but talk abut triggered...

Splits
02-26-2017, 06:17 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266652

AaronY
02-26-2017, 06:18 AM
Call it what it is people: Radical Trumper terrorism

boutons_deux
02-26-2017, 09:50 AM
white terrorism, treated by you right assholes as lone wolf, crazy, nothing more to see here, but a black shooting cops is a sane criminal, a soldier in the coordinated War on Cops proving once again and without doubt rightwingnut assholes are racists, too dickless to own the fact

but NRA and its Repug whores just allowed guns in the hands of crazies

Thread
02-26-2017, 10:29 AM
"allegedly"

FAKE NEWS

baseline bum
02-26-2017, 02:01 PM
Making America Great Again

ElNono
02-26-2017, 02:37 PM
"allegedly"

FAKE NEWS

$2 million bond, Cubster... can you imagine how many The Great Ones at the Chuckbox?

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2017, 02:45 PM
Sounds like this guy was an inbred racist idiot and deserves what he gets but blaming it on Trump is Boutons level stupid.

In fairness, it's no more stupid than blaming Black Lives Matter riots and blacks assassinating cops on Obama which some tried to do.

It's all assholes being assholes.

ElNono
02-26-2017, 06:21 PM
^ "alternative facts"? :lol

DMC
02-26-2017, 06:48 PM
This is much more important than the 8 year old girl killed in a driveby shooting in Houston.

Adam Lambert
02-26-2017, 07:12 PM
This is much more important than the 8 year old girl killed in a driveby shooting in Houston.

great point, people get shot and killed every day.

not at all a coincidence that you point this out in this particular thread i am sure.

Mark Celibate
02-26-2017, 07:14 PM

Yep, I've lived in Houston for a few years now and random black-on-black violence is about as common as the sun rising every morning. Every morning I could google "Houston shooting" and there will be 2-3 articles that pop up usually involving phrases like "suspect fled away in a stolen Cadillac from MLK Blvd" or something alone those lines. It's just so commonplace, that we expect it. This one was my favorite: A shooting on MLK Day, on MLK blvd, after a party honoring the civil rights icon

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Police-investigate-shooting-in-SE-Houston-10861328.php

But, please. Let's continue to ignore the elephant in the room and ask "What is wrong with people??" when it's really the same race doing it over and over with very few exceptions. And then when those exceptions happen, it's all over CNN, Washington Post, Jew York Times, etc.

02-26-2017, 07:15 PM
White americans are the most insecure people I've ever seen, tbh :lol

This is a tragedy though...very sad

Thread
02-26-2017, 07:52 PM

DMC
02-26-2017, 09:29 PM
great point, people get shot and killed every day.

not at all a coincidence that you point this out in this particular thread i am sure.

There wasn't one about her. I'm sure her family appreciates your concern.

Adam Lambert
02-26-2017, 09:36 PM
There wasn't one about her. I'm sure her family appreciates your concern.

theres a pretty clear precedent of racial or religious motivated killings being more newsworthy, and a grand tradition of selectively blaming large groups of people for that killing if it validates our fears.

im sad that girl was killed. i bet it the guy who did it had no business owning a gun. but youd probably prefer to talk about his blackness.

Mark Celibate
02-26-2017, 09:52 PM
theres a pretty clear precedent of racial or religious motivated killings being more newsworthy, and a grand tradition of selectively blaming large groups of people for that killing if it validates our fears.

im sad that girl was killed. i bet it the guy who did it had no business owning a gun. but youd probably prefer to talk about his blackness.

would you care to take a guess on which race commits the majority of violent crime in the US?

When you consistently notice a certain pattern of a particular race committing practically all of the murders/homicides yet claiming only a small portion of the overall population should the alarm bells not go off? Yet, for some reason, we're either not allowed to talk about it or we have to go to absurd lengths of mental backflips to justify it.

If there was a huge mosquito problem in your area, where their bites killed one or two people a day, you wouldn't rush out and buy spider aerosol spray because every few months a black widow is reported to have sent somebody to the hospital would you?

AaronY
02-26-2017, 10:01 PM
would you care to take a guess on which race commits the majority of violent crime in the US?

When you consistently notice a certain pattern of a particular race committing practically all of the murders/homicides yet claiming only a small portion of the overall population should the alarm bells not go off? Yet, for some reason, we're either not allowed to talk about it or we have to go to absurd lengths of mental backflips to justify it.

If there was a huge mosquito problem in your area, where their bites killed one or two people a day, you wouldn't rush out and buy spider aerosol spray because every few months a black widow is reported to have sent somebody to the hospital would you?
well whats your solution?

Adam Lambert
02-26-2017, 10:06 PM

lol what a brilliant metaphor. please continue to explore this.

maybe write a book. richard spencer would love it. maybe youd even get to meet him.

Adam Lambert
02-26-2017, 10:06 PM

extermination, obviously.

Mark Celibate
02-26-2017, 10:09 PM
lol what a brilliant metaphor. please continue to explore this.

maybe write a book. richard spencer would love it. maybe youd even get to meet him.

great rebuttal as always

you seem like a very intelligent person

Adam Lambert
02-26-2017, 10:13 PM
great rebuttal as always

rebutting standard white supremacist talking points is like arguing with someone who thinks the moon landing was faked.

i've already argued with dozens of idiots who think like you do. it got old having the same argument with so many different people, so i moved on to just laughing at people like you. sorry to disappoint.

AaronY
02-26-2017, 10:15 PM
great rebuttal as always

What's your solution to lowering black crime?

apalisoc_9
02-26-2017, 10:19 PM
Ofcourse, the number of Black crime would be higher. They're socioeconomically disadvantaged. Being Poor leads to Crimes..

South America has the highest crime rates for that reason alone.

You'd have to be a legit retard to not see that trend.

ducks
02-26-2017, 10:21 PM
Sounds like this guy was an inbred racist idiot and deserves what he gets but blaming it on Trump is Boutons level stupid.

In fairness, it's no more stupid than blaming Black Lives Matter riots and blacks assassinating cops on Obama which some tried to do.

It's all assholes being assholes.

Mark Celibate
02-26-2017, 10:23 PM

My "solution" is to not jump hook, line, and sinker at Mainstream Media bait. Is it really that hard to wrap your head around the fact that members of the media have to answer to somebody uber wealthy who may have a particular motive on what is or isn't published?

How else can you explain the fact that heinous black-on-white crimes like shooting a white jogger due to 'boredom', torturing and killing a white four year old, or burning a white elderly woman go practically unreported by the Mainstream Media while stories of cops reacting in self defense/shooting black people where the details are always vague and sketchy are headline news for months and months?

DMC
02-26-2017, 10:24 PM

How do you know he was black or even male? According to the report the shots came from a female.

You sure jumped to conclusions that it was a black male. Even you cannot escape the statistical probabilities, as much as your liberal schtick would like for you to.

Mark Celibate
02-26-2017, 10:26 PM
Ofcourse, the number of Black crime would be higher. They're socioeconomically disadvantaged. Being Poor leads to Crimes..

South America has the highest crime rates for that reason alone.

You'd have to be a legit retard to not see that trend.

:lmao so being poor makes it ok

So if the white guy who shot the Indian in Kansas wasn't rich you'd give him a free pass?

I think you should stick to your "reverting" to Islam thread or your unfunny NBA forum/spurstalk threads where you try and mimic my posting style

DMC
02-26-2017, 10:28 PM

Same with addressing any problem, which necessitates that 1st you have to get past the denial stage which most of you seem stuck at. Then you can begin to make inroads. You have to acknowledge a problem exists and be honest about the data before you can fix it. But for most of you, there's no solution because you are powerless to do anything but run your sucks online.

apalisoc_9
02-26-2017, 10:29 PM
:lmao so being poor makes it ok

So if the white guy who shot the Indian in Kansas wasn't rich you'd give him a free pass?

I think you should stick to your "reverting" to Islam thread or your unfunny NBA forum/spurstalk threads where you try and mimic my posting style

No you dumbass. It means being poor leads to bad decision regardless of race.

Adam Lambert
02-26-2017, 10:29 PM
How else can you explain the fact that heinous black-on-white crimes like shooting a white jogger due to 'boredom', torturing and killing a white four year old, or burning a white elderly woman go practically unreported by the Mainstream Media while stories of cops reacting in self defense/shooting black people where the details are always vague and sketchy are headline news for months and months?

basic racist talking point #23,745:
expecting same media reaction to killings by cops as killings by thugs and druggies

AaronY
02-26-2017, 10:30 PM
My "solution" is to not jump hook, line, and sinker at Mainstream Media bait. Is it really that hard to wrap your head around the fact that members of the media have to answer to somebody uber wealthy who may have a particular motive on what is or isn't published?

No, i am saying what can we do to lower black crime? you guys always make the case that blacks commit tons of crimes and have all these statistics about black crime memorizedbut then never state what we should do policy wise to lower the black crime rate. Your whole point seems like it just that blacks are violent well okay what should we do with that info?

Mark Celibate
02-26-2017, 10:31 PM

:lol how does being poor automatically lead to murdering people and other sorts of violent crime?

Please explain yourself. You've dug yourself too deep a hole to run away now.

Adam Lambert
02-26-2017, 10:32 PM
How do you know he was black or even male? According to the report the shots came from a female.

You sure jumped to conclusions that it was a black male. Even you cannot escape the statistical probabilities, as much as your liberal schtick would like for you to.

yes, i was playing statistics because its statistically probable that you would only bring it up if it was a black person.

like mark supremacist here, youre a basic racist. makes you predictable.

DMC
02-26-2017, 10:33 PM

Odd that neither party has ever created an exemption to the laws based on being poor (being rich on the other hand...).

In fact, I don't know of a single country who ever created an exemption to laws based on being below the poverty level. That must mean it's undesirable to be poor.

However you seem to think that income level renders the individual incapable of self control, they just had to kill that 8 year old girl because :cry: muh poverty :cry

DMC
02-26-2017, 10:34 PM
yes, i was playing statistics because its statistically probable that you would only bring it up if it was a black person.

like mark supremacist here, youre a basic racist. makes you predictable.

You brought it up and I busted you on it. Don't try to pretend you weren't stereotyping. You just KNEW it was a black man, didn't ya :lol

idiot

apalisoc_9
02-26-2017, 10:34 PM
:lol how does being poor automatically lead to murdering people and other sorts of violent crime?

Please explain yourself. You've dug yourself too deep a hole to run away now.

Is this nigga for real? :lol

Being poor equates to lower education and less financial security. People steal because they're poor.

It's a well known trend, i suggest you look up crime rate statistics. It would seem like you have very little knwoledge outside of the US.

apalisoc_9
02-26-2017, 10:36 PM
Odd that neither party has ever created an exemption to the laws based on being poor (being rich on the other hand...).

In fact, I don't know of a single country who ever created an exemption to laws based on being below the poverty level. That must mean it's undesirable to be poor.

However you seem to think that income level renders the individual incapable of self control, they just had to kill that 8 year old girl because :cry: muh poverty :cry

Poverty is a a factor, crime is never about one thing.

Just look up crime statistics and compre that to world crime rates.

AaronY
02-26-2017, 10:38 PM
Zero solutions offered still other than to basically blame black crime on liberals and leave it at that :lol

Adam Lambert
02-26-2017, 10:39 PM
You brought it up and I busted you on it. Don't try to pretend you weren't stereotyping. You just KNEW it was a black man, didn't ya :lol

the only person i was stereotyping was you, duke. predictable basic racist.

Mark Celibate
02-26-2017, 10:41 PM
Is this nigga for real? :lol

Being poor equates to lower education and less financial security. People steal because they're poor.

It's a well known trend, i suggest you look up crime rate statistics. It would seem like you have very little knwoledge outside of the US.

What's stopping them from just getting a job and rising up in the workforce? For some reason, (no seriously I have no idea, definitely not skin color or anything.....) I'm willing to bet thousands of dollars that UNT Eagles 2016 is not going to join a gang or murder somebody in the next year despite the fact he's poor. Just a hunch though, I have no idea why I think that

You seem to think that correlation = causation. Hurr durr, blacks are poor and commit crime so it must be their poorness causing their crime. Regardless, even if your "blacks commit all the violent crime because they're poor take is true" you still haven't disproven anything I've said.

apalisoc_9
02-26-2017, 10:43 PM
What's stopping them from just getting a job and rising up in the workforce? For some reason, (no seriously I have no idea, definitely not skin color or anything.....) I'm willing to bet thousands of dollars that UNT Eagles 2016 is not going to join a gang or murder somebody in the next year despite the fact he's poor. Just a hunch though, I have no idea why I think that

You seem to think that correlation = causation. Hurr durr, blacks are poor and commit crime so it must be their poorness causing their crime. Regardless, even if your "blacks commit all the violent crime because they're poor take is true" you still haven't disproven anything I've said.

This Guy has never been poor, obviously.

Why does South American have a higher rate crime again? Try to think.

Spurminator
02-26-2017, 10:43 PM
I'm willing to bet thousands of dollars that UNT Eagles 2016 is not going to join a gang or murder somebody in the next year despite the fact he's poor. Just a hunch though, I have no idea why I think that.

Isn't he in college?

Mark Celibate
02-26-2017, 10:51 PM
Zero solutions offered still other than to basically blame black crime on liberals and leave it at that :lol

I've already responded with one. How many do you want?

I think you're a solid poster, so I'll give you another solution out of respect. How about inner city reformation that helps create jobs for minorities? I don't have the details laid out because I'm not a politician, but I can't imagine it's that hard. For the record, if you'd actually quit being scared and lay out an opinion, I'd probably agree with some of what you say. I agree with apalisoc partially, in that it's not ENTIRELY the fault of the [insert black committing the crime]. In general, if you're African American and you're born in the inner city, you've lost the social lottery and they are not as privileged as others for sure. The way some of these single, black mommas talk to their kids is downright shameful. That, and the runaway father, and it's no wonder the seeds of failure are planted early on.

My issue is when you guys start blaming it on whitey as if we're the problem. Not to mention there are so many prominent black men in the media who are hypocrites to it all. For example, Antonio Cromartie of the NFL takes a knee during the BLM stuff yet he fathers so many kids to so many different baby mommas. If this asshole wants to see change in the black community he needs to look in the mirror. He's just further contributing to the problem by producing more kids who won't get to form a real relationship with their father.

I know you guys are licking your lips to paint me as a white supremacist who wants to exterminate all Negroes but that's not the case. I'm just acknowledging the fact that Black America needs real change. Apalisoc probably agrees with me but he's too busy putting together a clumsy argument to see it.

DMC
02-26-2017, 10:54 PM
the only person i was stereotyping was you, duke. predictable basic racist.

It's clear you jumped to a false conclusion that the perp was a black male. You didn't say I would claim it was, you said:

"i bet it the guy who did it had no business owning a gun. but youd probably prefer to talk about his blackness."

You bet first that it was a guy and then gave the guy the attribute of being black. It's right there, dipshit. Go ahead and try to finger fuck your phone through that maze.

Mark Celibate
02-26-2017, 10:54 PM
Isn't he in college?

No, he was a developer of some sort who got laid off

Spurminator
02-26-2017, 11:04 PM

I think you're a solid poster, so I'll give you another solution out of respect. How about inner city reformation that helps create jobs for minorities? I don't have the details laid out because I'm not a politician, but I can't imagine it's that hard. For the record, if you'd actually quit being scared and lay out an opinion, I'd probably agree with some of what you say. I agree with apalisoc partially, in that it's not ENTIRELY the fault of the [insert black committing the crime]. In general, if you're African American and you're born in the inner city, you've lost the social lottery and they are not as privileged as others for sure. The way some of these single, black mommas talk to their kids is downright shameful. That, and the runaway father, and it's no wonder the seeds of failure are planted early on.

My issue is when you guys start blaming it on whitey as if we're the problem. Not to mention there are so many prominent black men in the media who are hypocrites to it all. For example, Antonio Cromartie of the NFL takes a knee during the BLM stuff yet he fathers so many kids to so many different baby mommas. If this asshole wants to see change in the black community he needs to look in the mirror.

I know you guys are licking your lips to paint me as a white supremacist who wants to exterminate all Negroes but that's not the case. I'm just acknowledging the fact that Black America needs real change. Apalisoc probably agrees with me but he's too busy putting together a clumsy argument

I'm not sure anyone is making excuses for the individual criminals. I think the issue is when you infer that the "black community" needs to address it. What does the dual-income black family down the street from me who sends their kids to private school need to do about black crime in the inner city? Are they under some obligation to address issues of African American poverty and crime before you'll accept their frustration at being reflexively distrusted by other people, police, etc.? If a black man fathers children with multiple women (which is legal, by the way), and makes enough money to take care of them financially, is he not allowed the freedom to express frustration about the treatment of blacks by authorities?

ElNono
02-26-2017, 11:08 PM

That thing they call "hip hop" (I think, a bunch of noise with lewd prose full of nonsense) has to go first, IMO. Then you give them the reparations for slavery. But you don't get to step two before step one, tbh...

Adam Lambert
02-26-2017, 11:08 PM
It's clear you jumped to a false conclusion that the perp was a black male. You didn't say I would claim it was, you said:

"i bet it the guy who did it had no business owning a gun. but youd probably prefer to talk about his blackness."

You bet first that it was a guy and then gave the guy the attribute of being black. It's right there, dipshit. Go ahead and try to finger fuck your phone through that maze.

yes, i assumed the shooter was male. heres an imaginary internet point.

ive already told you why i assumed the shooter was black and i stand by that. you wouldn't have brought it up otherwise. keep trying to deflect from another of your many lost arguments with this pathetic and irrelevant "gotcha" bullshit, but you and i both know i'm right and no one else on this board gives a fuck.

basic racist.

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:10 PM

My issue is when you guys start blaming it on whitey as if we're the problem. Not to mention there are so many prominent black men in the media who are hypocrites to it all. For example, Antonio Cromartie of the NFL takes a knee during the BLM stuff yet he fathers so many kids to so many different baby mommas. If this asshole wants to see change in the black community he needs to look in the mirror. He's just further contributing to the problem by producing more kids who won't get to form a real relationship with their father.

I know you guys are licking your lips to paint me as a white supremacist who wants to exterminate all Negroes but that's not the case. I'm just acknowledging the fact that Black America needs real change. Apalisoc probably agrees with me but he's too busy putting together a clumsy argument to see it.

And as long as the black community, even the affluent ones, glorify thug life as if it's some rite of passage for young blacks, the hill to climb to get out of that poverty is even steeper. If whitey is holding you back, what is whitey holding you back from? From being a successful rapper? From being a professional athlete? From building a drug empire? From being a pimp? That's nothing to do with poverty level and everything to do with culture. When millionaire black men are going to clubs and shooting each other over the color of a shirt, that indicates a larger issue.

Leadership in the black community is always a religious figure, it's damn near a black caliphate. They had Louis Farrakhan as someone to look up to, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Tupac and Biggie, Jay Z and some professional athletes. They never looked up to Obama. Never looked up to people like Denzel or Cosby (maybe now that he has some street cred for fuckin hoes and cheating on his wife), or any intellectual or business minded black person. It's always been about "hood" and "street". If poverty is so bad, fucking let it go already. Whites did that shit a long time ago. You never hear middle class whites talking about the projects like it's some elite life training regimen we made it through, or welfare or commodities or other federal shit as if it's something to be proud of. We don't go into clubs dressed like poor white trash (fads and rich white bikers notwithstanding).

If they want out, stop pretending like they want in. Stop being ashamed of wanting out. Stop attacking others who want out or have successfully escaped the ghettos with this "cornball brotha" bullshit. I can understand if you're in the hood, in the ghetto, and you're talking shit like you belong there but you're affluent and have no idea what it's like there, sure. Otherwise, you're in squalor, stop acting like you're the Navy SEALs of the race/class condition.

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure anyone is making excuses for the individual criminals. I think the issue is when you infer that the "black community" needs to address it. What does the dual-income black family down the street from me who sends their kids to private school need to do about black crime in the inner city? Are they under some obligation to address issues of African American poverty and crime before you'll accept their frustration at being reflexively distrusted by other people, police, etc.? If a black man fathers children with multiple women (which is legal, by the way), and makes enough money to take care of them financially, is he not allowed the freedom to express frustration about the treatment of blacks by authorities?

This is a different issue and a red herring. If the affluent black family down the street wants to lump themselves in with the "black community" then yes, it's incumbent upon them to assist less fortunate folks if they want the help (not handout, but help). If you agree that the black community exists, then how can you leave that family out of it? If you do leave them out of it, then they aren't part of the black community so not part of the discussion.

Spurminator
02-26-2017, 11:14 PM
Leadership in the black community is always a religious figure, it's damn near a black caliphate. They had Louis Farrakhan as someone to look up to, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Tupac and Biggie, Jay Z and some professional athletes. They never looked up to Obama. Never looked up to people like Denzel or Cosby (maybe now that he has some street cred for fuckin hoes and cheating on his wife), or any intellectual or business minded black person. It's always been about "hood" and "street".

:lol This post reads like your only experience with black people is what Bill O'Reilly tells you about them.

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:14 PM
yes, i assumed the shooter was male. heres an imaginary internet point.

ive already told you why i assumed the shooter was black and i stand by that. you wouldn't have brought it up otherwise. keep trying to deflect from another of your many lost arguments with this pathetic and irrelevant "gotcha" bullshit, but you and i both know i'm right and no one else on this board gives a fuck.

basic racist.

You jumped to a racist conclusion and now you're projecting and deflecting. Even as a shitty alt you're getting your shit pushed in. :lol

Adam Lambert
02-26-2017, 11:15 PM
And as long as the black community, even the affluent ones, glorify thug life as if it's some rite of passage for young blacks, the hill to climb to get out of that poverty is even steeper. If whitey is holding you back, what is whitey holding you back from? From being a successful rapper? From being a professional athlete? From building a drug empire? From being a pimp? That's nothing to do with poverty level and everything to do with culture. When millionaire black men are going to clubs and shooting each other over the color of a shirt, that indicates a larger issue.

Leadership in the black community is always a religious figure, it's damn near a black caliphate. They had Louis Farrakhan as someone to look up to, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Tupac and Biggie, Jay Z and some professional athletes. They never looked up to Obama. Never looked up to people like Denzel or Cosby (maybe now that he has some street cred for fuckin hoes and cheating on his wife), or any intellectual or business minded black person. It's always been about "hood" and "street". If poverty is so bad, fucking let it go already. Whites did that shit a long time ago. You never hear middle class whites talking about the projects like it's some elite life training regimen we made it through, or welfare or commodities or other federal shit as if it's something to be proud of. We don't go into clubs dressed like poor white trash (fads and rich white bikers notwithstanding).

If they want out, stop pretending like they want in. Stop being ashamed of wanting out. Stop attacking others who want out or have successfully escaped the ghettos with this "cornball brotha" bullshit. I can understand if you're in the hood, in the ghetto, and you're talking shit like you belong there but you're affluent and have no idea what it's like there, sure. Otherwise, you're in squalor, stop acting like you're the Navy SEALs of the race/class condition.

holy fuck this is like the primer on basic racism

Spurminator
02-26-2017, 11:16 PM
This is a different issue and a red herring. If the affluent black family down the street wants to lump themselves in with the "black community" then yes, it's incumbent upon them to assist less fortunate folks if they want the help (not handout, but help). If you agree that the black community exists, then how can you leave that family out of it? If you do leave them out of it, then they aren't part of the black community so not part of the discussion.

Quantify what it means to "consider yourself a part of the black community."

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:17 PM
:lol This post reads like your only experience with black people is what Bill O'Reilly tells you about them.

Compared to you who watches all the rap battles and knows all the names of the aspiring rappers in Houston?

People are people. I was raised around black folks and spent a lot of time with a team in the military that was all black except me, every day, 24 hours a day. They weren't criminals even though we were all technically at the poverty level when we enlisted. I was raised dirt poor around dirt poor blacks.

Now tell me how my anecdotal evidence is insufficient, assclown.

ElNono
02-26-2017, 11:21 PM
tbh, this whole gangbanging thing wasn't an issue back in the day when they were getting imported from their homeland (you remember how this whole black thing started, right?).

Maybe they can't handle freedom, tbh... I remember the wise Wild Chodebrah once said the slaveowners treated them well, fed them, etc. what's not to like?

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:21 PM
Quantify what it means to "consider yourself a part of the black community."

"Sir, do you consider yourself to be part of the black community?"

"Yes"

or

"No"

When the blacks killing blacks in Chicago is reported, does it feel personal, like your community is under attack? It's one thing to identify with concerns that most blacks have regarding mostly black issues, but quite another to say "us" as in "For Us By Us" aka FUBU.

Are you part of that "us"? If you are, then it's incumbent upon you to aid in the effort to correct the issues of the community you align yourself with, and you cannot be unpart of it just for the sake of arguendo.

Spurminator
02-26-2017, 11:22 PM
Compared to you who watches all the rap battles and knows all the names of the aspiring rappers in Houston?

People are people. I was raised around black folks and spent a lot of time with a team in the military that was all black except me, every day, 24 hours a day. They weren't criminals even though we were all technically at the poverty level when we enlisted. I was raised dirt poor around dirt poor blacks.

Now tell me how my anecdotal evidence is insufficient, assclown.

What did your black fellow soldiers say when you told them that black people care too much about being "hood and street" and the poor white people don't have nearly the same tribalist cultural tendencies?

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:24 PM
What did your black fellow soldiers say when you told them that black people care too much about being "hood and street" and the poor white people don't have nearly the same tribalist cultural tendencies?

They told me that. I had no idea. I was from a small, low population town in BFE and the blacks there were poor just like the whites. It wasn't until I enlisted that I actually encountered gang shit. Strawmen arguments don't move me. You can paint whatever queer picture floats your faggot boat, but those are your words, not mine.

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:26 PM
tbh, this whole gangbanging thing wasn't an issue back in the day when they were getting imported from their homeland (you remember how this whole black thing started, right?).

Maybe they can't handle freedom, tbh... I remember the wise Wild Chodebrah once said the slaveowners treated them well, fed them, etc. what's not to like?

Maybe some of you should get together and spread your messages of love in the ghettos around the country. Film it.

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:27 PM
holy fuck this is like the primer on basic racism

Like you'd know. You probably sit to piss.

Spurminator
02-26-2017, 11:27 PM
"Sir, do you consider yourself to be part of the black community?"

"Yes"

or

"No"

When the blacks killing blacks in Chicago is reported, does it feel personal, like your community is under attack? It's one thing to identify with concerns that most blacks have regarding mostly black issues, but quite another to say "us" as in "For Us By Us" aka FUBU.

Are you part of that "us"? If you are, then it's incumbent upon you to aid in the effort to correct the issues of the community you align yourself with, and you cannot be unpart of it just for the sake of arguendo.

I don't think anyone is required to address a particular social issue in order to expect to be treated fairly or define their own identity. I haven't done anything in particular to address the epidemic of domestic violence committed by husbands against their wives, but I would still expect due process if I was accused of abusing my wife.

P.S. :lol Still triggered by a 30-year-old clothing brand

Spurminator
02-26-2017, 11:29 PM
They told me that. I had no idea. I was from a small, low population town in BFE and the blacks there were poor just like the whites. It wasn't until I enlisted that I actually encountered gang shit. Strawmen arguments don't move me. You can paint whatever queer picture floats your faggot boat, but those are your words, not mine.

You sound like someone who has a lot of level-headed confidence in the direction this conversation is going. I'll let you cool down and we can talk tomorrow. :tu

ElNono
02-26-2017, 11:30 PM
Maybe some of you should get together and spread your messages of love in the ghettos around the country. Film it.

We shall, tbh

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:31 PM
I don't think anyone is required to address a particular social issue in order to expect to be treated fairly or define their own identity. I haven't done anything in particular to address the epidemic of domestic violence committed by husbands against their wives, but I would still expect due process if I was accused of abusing my wife.

P.S. :lol Still triggered by a 30-year-old clothing brand

You're on a different topic, slick. Get back in the right lane. No one is talking about stereotyping. We're talking about black crime. If you have a torch to carry for your black neighbor, get headed that way.

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:32 PM
You sound like someone who has a lot of level-headed confidence in the direction this conversation is going. I'll let you cool down and we can talk tomorrow. :tu

No, I told you already, start a new thread if you want to talk about racial profiling and stereotyping.

Adam Lambert
02-26-2017, 11:33 PM
No one is talking about stereotyping.

lmao

Spurminator
02-26-2017, 11:37 PM
You're on a different topic, slick. Get back in the right lane. No one is talking about stereotyping. We're talking about black crime.

I mean your unhinged (and stereotypical) rant about hip hop and hoes was a little hard to follow but I'm pretty sure I'm keeping up just fine with the primary topic. Black people who aren't criminals get stereotypes every day. They have a right to oppose this, regardless of what they've done to battle black poverty.

DMC
02-26-2017, 11:40 PM
I mean your unhinged (and stereotypical) rant about hip hop and hoes was a little hard to follow but I'm pretty sure I'm keeping up just fine with the primary topic. Black people who aren't criminals get stereotypes every day. They have a right to oppose this, regardless of what they've done to battle black poverty.

I never mentioned the words "hip hop". There's a quote function right there just for situations like this.

Different subject. Everyone gets a stereotype, the board wouldn't exist without it.

Spurminator
02-27-2017, 01:03 AM
I never mentioned the words "hip hop". There's a quote function right there just for situations like this.

As others have pointed out, you have a pattern for honing in on typos and edits when you've run out of argument.

Different subject.

Nope.

DMC
02-27-2017, 01:07 AM
As others have pointed out, you have a pattern for honing in on typos and edits when you've run out of argument.

So wongly paraphrasing me is now a typo? Just use the quote function so you don't have to create a narrative to debate against. It's how the forum works.

Nope.
:lol

Spurminator
02-27-2017, 01:11 AM
So wongly paraphrasing me is now a typo? Just use the quote function so you don't have to create a narrative to debate against. It's how the forum works.

Why would I go back and quote a three paragraph post that I've already quoted when I can just as easily reference it like I did?

You and anyone reading it know which post I was talking about. You brought up rappers several times in it.

Not hard to follow.

DMC
02-27-2017, 01:20 AM
Why would I go back and quote a three paragraph post that I've already quoted when I can just as easily reference it like I did?

You and anyone reading it know which post I was talking about. You brought up rappers several times in it.

Not hard to follow.

You said hip hop. I never used that term. How is that a reference? Why can't you just use the words I used? Simple actually, it doesn't fit your strawman narrative.

I didn't say rap was to blame. Hip hop isn't rap. Rap is only a facet of hip hop. There's nothing wrong with rap, I actually like several rap songs and artists and I like hip hop. I also like professional sports. It doesn't change the fact that many young black males in inner cities think that rap or sports is their only ticket up, outside of dealing drugs.

Charles Barkley commented once on the NBA on TNT program that he would speak to entire classes in southern cities, predominately black kids, and ask "who wants to be a doctor?" or "who want's to be a cop" or "who wants to be a lawyer" and none of them did. They all wanted to be rappers and athletes. He wasn't talking about 8th graders. Kids who think there are avenues for everyone to be successful in entertainment don't study. At least the athletes stay in school though.

UqUd6Lr597c

Spurminator
02-27-2017, 01:27 AM
You said hip hop. I never used that term. How is that a reference? Why can't you just use the words I used? Simple actually, it doesn't fit your strawman narrative.

I didn't need to use actual words you used to tell you your post was a pile of Bill O'Reilly garbage. That you knew which post I was talking about means I didn't make any mistake. There's really no more complex narrative beyond that in the post I made that you're STILL bitching about.

Good for Barkley. It's great that he has time and resources to be a positive role model for black youth. I'm still not sure what that has to do with my neighbor's right to get pissed if he's profiled and treated like a criminal.

But like I said, you've been all over the place ever since your hip hop post so I don't expect you to keep up with the discussion.

DMC
02-27-2017, 01:46 AM
I didn't need to use actual words you used to tell you your post was a pile of Bill O'Reilly garbage. That you knew which post I was talking about means I didn't make any mistake. There's really no more complex narrative beyond that in the post I made that you're STILL bitching about.

Good for Barkley. It's great that he has time and resources to be a positive role model for black youth. I'm still not sure what that has to do with my neighbor's right to get pissed if he's profiled and treated like a criminal.

But like I said, you've been all over the place ever since your hip hop post so I don't expect you to keep up with the discussion.

I'm not addressing your tangent. Told you that already.

Barkley said the same thing I said and the message is now more relevant because of the messenger? :lol

Thread
02-27-2017, 02:19 AM

Celibate.

tenbeersbold
02-27-2017, 03:45 AM
Dude got killed in a bar?!? Go figure..
In the history of stupid shit that happens to people usually a bar is somewhere central to the stupidity.

Being foreign and by the name of the town(bumfuck nowhere) they should a used common sense and stayed outta the bar.
Just like I wouldn't take a hot date to a sketchy bar in Mumbai unless I was looking for trouble lol

Common sense will save yer ass if you just listen to it

Mark Celibate
02-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Celibate.

tbh I wouldn't mind joining you, CN, and DMC in the foxhole on one condition:

if you can get lakaluva back in there too. That's a pretty solid Fab Five imo