PDA

View Full Version : Propsects to catch GSW for the one seed

Pages : [1] 2

spurs1990
03-01-2017, 01:50 PM
To get the one seed, GS needs to lose 3 more game than the Spurs (4 more if they beat SA twice).

Right now the Spurs are 45-13 and GSW at 50-10 after last nights loss (in both sense of the word).

Assuming GS wins every remaining home game, I count 7 tough road games, factoring in playoff opponents or playing on consecutive nights:

Thu Mar 2 - at Chicago
Mon Mar 6 - at Atlanta (on a back-to-back)
Sat Mar 11 - at Spurs (on a back-to-back)
Mon Mar 20 - at OKC
Tue Mar 21 - at Dallas ((on a back-to-back)
Tue Mar 28 - at Houston
Wed Mar 29 - at Spurs (on a back-to-back)

Notice the Spurs get them on a back-to-back both times, with the added bonus of GS facing a tough opponent the night before.
We should expect the Spurs to win both of those games, factoring in injury, fatigue, and motivation.

Say the Spurs finish with only 3 losses (as recently as 2012 they had a similar run to end the season).

We simply need GS to drop 4 out the 5 non-Spurs road games listed above.
That could be a stretch, but there's added hope in the Warriors dropping one of their 6 tough home games (Boston, Memphis, Houston, Wizards, Pels and Jazz).

As for the Spurs, again we're going to assume they take care of business again lesser competition (lousy teams, and home games vs decent PO clubs).

Outside of the 2 GS games, I count 8 more where they may slip up:

Thu Mar 9 - at OKC (on a back-to-back)
Sat Mar 18 - at Memphis
Mon Mar 27 - Cavs
Fri Mar 31 - at OKC
Fri Apr 7 - at Dallas
Sat Apr 8 - Clips (on a back-to-back)
Mon Apr 10 - at Portland
Wed Apr 12 - at Utah

The Spurs need to win 5 out of these 8 games.
And keep in mind room for error will occur for every GS home loss.

To recap there's a road map to the one seed, and after last night it is entirely more possible than before.

The key number is 3.
Spurs finish 21-3, Warriors finish 16-6, and the road to facing the King goes through San Antonio.

***But as Spurs fans we know the team (IE Pop) has to be motivated to get that seed - nullifying rest, playing extra minutes for stars, etc.
Letting Houston and GS battle it out in the 2nd round I think is worthy enough to shoot for.

DPG21920
03-01-2017, 02:00 PM
Nice work - thanks for laying this out.

DAF86
03-01-2017, 02:05 PM
There's no chance of Spurs getting the 1st seed, tbh.

UZER
03-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Nope

:pop:

TheDoctor
03-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Nope

:pop:
:lol

SAGirl
03-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Thanks for taking the trouble to spell that out.
I suspect they will try, but not at the expense of business as usual:
Tinkering with lineups bc this is a new team with chemistry that is still developing this late in the season and Pop is still discovering his best lineups, etc.
Getting experience for rookies that while you don't expect will make a dent in the playoffs bc they are not in the regular rotation, at the same time you never know when someone can pick up fouls, have to exit a game for whatever reason, etc. We can't assume Pop's youngsters will be a non factor in the postseason and they need some playing time still.
Getting rest for the older dudes here or there if they need it (like Tony with this latest knee contusion).

The championship isn't won in the RS, getting to the playoffs in their best possible shape is their best chance.

:flag:

TheGreatYacht
03-01-2017, 02:30 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticBlackandwhiteFinch.gif

emanueldavidginobili
03-01-2017, 02:36 PM
They got 73 wins without KD, they'll be fine.

Chinook
03-01-2017, 02:42 PM
I'm hoping for a finish like that independent of what GS does. The Spurs have a long streak going of seasons with a least one double-digit winning streak. They are at risk of losing that this year. Them reeling off a 12-gamer right now would probably put them near the top seed while at least securing the two seed.

Spur|n|Austin
03-01-2017, 02:59 PM
There's no chance of Spurs getting the 1st seed, tbh.

Why? "No chance" is pretty bold, so I'm just curious how you came to that in light of the recent injury news.

Dex
03-01-2017, 03:02 PM

They also gutted their depth to get KD. This Warriors team without KD is far inferior to the one that won 73.

Chinook
03-01-2017, 03:07 PM
I like all these fans who have like two-year memories. The Spurs have very often closed seasons on strong notes. 21-3 isn't particularly hard to think about seeing as the average March during the Kawhi era is 12.6-2.6 and the average for the last three Marches is 13.7-2. That's the kind of record that could put the Spurs in the one seed going into the final two weeks. I don't think Pop would give up HCA just to be cute.

Chinook
03-01-2017, 03:08 PM
They also gutted their depth to get KD. This Warriors team without KD is far inferior to the one that won 73.

Not to mention that teams have largely learned to play Curry-led GS much better after the first 17 or so months of their reign.

ceperez
03-01-2017, 03:11 PM
There's a chance to catch up, but I wouldn't tire out our grey beards in the process.

Pau has gotten his rest, but Manu and Tony need theirs.

Splits
03-01-2017, 03:14 PM

Stupid

There's a chance to catch up, but I wouldn't tire out our grey beards in the process.

Pau has gotten his rest, but Manu and Tony need theirs.

Stupid

DAF86
03-01-2017, 03:24 PM
Why? "No chance" is pretty bold, so I'm just curious how you came to that in light of the recent injury news.

Curry, Draymond, Thompson and the rest of the guys that have been winning games at an 85% rate on the last three seasons aren't going 16 and 6 in their last 22 games.

r0drig0lac
03-01-2017, 03:26 PM

this

DAF86
03-01-2017, 03:27 PM
I like all these fans who have like two-year memories. The Spurs have very often closed seasons on strong notes. 21-3 isn't particularly hard to think about seeing as the average March during the Kawhi era is 12.6-2.6 and the average for the last three Marches is 13.7-2. That's the kind of record that could put the Spurs in the one seed going into the final two weeks. I don't think Pop would give up HCA just to be cute.

Problem isn't the Spurs winning, it's the Warriors losing.

Blake
03-01-2017, 03:27 PM
Eh the Spurs will find a way to lose to a team they shouldn't. Like Utah or Sac.

DPG21920
03-01-2017, 03:30 PM
The non-KD lineups I just saw featuring Curry/Dray/Klay (meaning not playing those 3 with KD) are still +13 per 100 possessions (per Lowe).

They did lose "Some" depth but when you really look at it even sans KD?

Used to have: Harrison Barnes/Bogut/Festus/Speights/Barbosa

Now has: Zaza/West/McGee/McCaw/Matt Barnes

I mean, it's definitely less, but not horrific. Festus did great for them, but McGee has filled in well too. Bogut was easily their biggest loss now without KD, but Zaza/West are ok replacements.

Harrison Barnes never did amazing with them and Matt Barnes should fill that roll ok.

McCaw is already a better player than Barbosa.

Chinook
03-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Problem isn't the Spurs winning, it's the Warriors losing.

With 2/3 of the current gap being mutual games, that's not really a huge problem

DAF86
03-01-2017, 03:34 PM
With 2/3 of the current gap being mutual games, that's not really a huge problem

Proving we win both of them (very far from a given, tbh), there's still 1 game of difference that will prove to be too high to climb. Dude, this ain't happening, accept this fact and it will hurt less. I do hope, like you, that we end on the highest of notes possible. That's what I care more about getting into the playoffs.

8FOR!3
03-01-2017, 03:35 PM

Yeah, you think that team would have gotten 73 wins without KD if they didn't have Barbosa/Barnes/Bogut/Speights/Ezeli? Give me a break.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Warriors with Dominos= Historically great team, most talent in league history
Warriors without Dominos, Bogut, Barnes= Still a top 2 team in the West

DAF86
03-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Yeah, you think that team would have gotten 73 wins without KD if they didn't have Barbosa/Barnes/Bogut/Speights/Ezeli? Give me a break.

But they don't need to win at a 90% rate to secure the 1st seed, 70% would do.

bklynspursfan
03-01-2017, 03:47 PM

Agreed. We have to take care of business and not have anymore inexcusable losses like we've had already. SPAM....

SpursforSix
03-01-2017, 03:49 PM
The non-KD lineups I just saw featuring Curry/Dray/Klay (meaning not playing those 3 with KD) are still +13 per 100 possessions (per Lowe).

I mean, it's definitely less, but not horrific. Festus did great for them, but McGee has filled in well too. Bogut was easily their biggest loss now without KD, but Zaza/West are ok replacements.

Harrison Barnes never did amazing with them and Matt Barnes should fill that roll ok.

Yeah...it's still a very good "Big 2" with Curry and Nutkicker. No real Big 3's in the West. And the supporting cast is still damn good. But I'd love to see the Clippers play them sans Durant.

Chinook
03-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Proving we win both of them (very far from a given, tbh), there's still 1 game of difference that will prove to be too high to climb. Dude, this ain't happening, accept this fact and it will hurt less. I do hope, like you, that we end on the highest of notes possible. That's what I care more about getting into the playoffs.

They just lost to Washington. You are saying that GS can go 15-7 and still win the one seed, as if the Spurs haven't gone 20-4 before. If the team follows the trend for the last three years, they would go 15-2 this month, which would put them in the one seed before April begins. I highly doubt they'd lose it once they get it. Even 14-3 (extrapolating for the entire Kawhi era) would put them within a game of GS down the stretch.

The Spurs could obviously lose, but they should be getting ready to peak now while GS is about to hit a bump.

DAF86
03-01-2017, 03:58 PM
They just lost to Washington. You are saying that GS can go 15-7 and still win the one seed, as if the Spurs haven't gone 20-4 before. If the team follows the trend for the last three years, they would go 15-2 this month, which would put them in the one seed before April begins. I highly doubt they'd lose it once they get it. Even 14-3 (extrapolating for the entire Kawhi era) would put them within a game of GS down the stretch.

The Spurs could obviously lose, but they should be getting ready to peak now while GS is about to hit a bump.

Did you take that from the 70% I said the Warriors needed to get the 1st seed? Sorry, I fucked up the math, I meant 75%. And that's just what they need, they'll probably win at a higher pace than that. I'm expecting the Spurs and Warriors to end up with pretty similar records in these few games that are left, tbh.

Splits
03-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Warriors with Dominos= Historically great team, most talent in league history
Warriors without Dominos, Bogut, Barnes= Still a top 2 team in the West

Edgy take.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Edgy take.

True, I guess it was just stating the obvious:lol

Trueblood
03-01-2017, 04:12 PM
We're focusing on the away games but we're forgetting that we have a 79% road win percentage and a 76% home win percentage. Given that 16 of our last 24 are at home we would need to turn things around for the home stretch.

BatManu20
03-01-2017, 04:16 PM
We're focusing on the away games but we're forgetting that we have a 73% road win percentage and a 68% home win percentage. Given that 16 of our last 24 are at home we would need to turn things around for the home stretch.

A lot of good teams left on our schedule as well. 4th toughest remaining schedule in the league.

DAF86
03-01-2017, 04:17 PM
We're focusing on the away games but we're forgetting that we have a 73% road win percentage and a 68% home win percentage. Given that 16 of our last 24 are at home we would need to turn things around for the home stretch.

How can we have a 73 road winning %, a 68 home winning % and an overall record of 78%?

SpursforSix
03-01-2017, 04:21 PM
How can we have a 73 road winning %, a 68 home winning % and an overall record of 78%?

If you fuck up the math, you can easily get to these %'s.

PopTheGOAT
03-01-2017, 04:22 PM
In all likelihood, we aren't catching them with this schedule remaining. The beautiful game would have to return tbh

DAF86
03-01-2017, 04:22 PM

Not, really. If I fuck up the math, is even more difficult to get the %'s, tbh. :lol

SpursforSix
03-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Not, really. If I fuck up the math, is even more difficult to get the %'s, tbh. :lol

I disagree:

Road winning % = 73%
Home winning % = 68%

73+68 = 141%
Divide that by 1.80 (the math fuckup) and you get something around 78%.

DAF86
03-01-2017, 04:29 PM
I disagree:

Road winning % = 73%
Home winning % = 68%

73+68 = 141%
Divide that by 1.80 (the math fuckup) and you get something around 78%.

Not the kind of fuckup I would have done, tbh. :lol

SpursforSix
03-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Not the kind of fuckup I would have done, tbh. :lol

Me neither. But that would be how you get to 78%. TBH, I don't see a post above that says that though.

Trueblood
03-01-2017, 04:37 PM

Sorry. Math was off. Made the edit.
It's 19-6 home record for 76%
26-7 road record for 79%
Point still stands that we have a better winning percentage on the road. We should be focusing on the home games

SpursforSix
03-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Sorry. Math was off. Made the edit.
It's 19-6 home record for 76%
26-7 road record for 79%
Point still stands that we have a better winning percentage on the road. We should be focusing on the home games

No worries. I agree with you 102%.

I hope that somehow they can get Murray some playing time and possibly improve his chances for the playoffs. And I hope that LMA gets on a little run. And I hope that Pau gets into a groove.

marinoman
03-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Most Spurs fans want this but it would be horrible. We would get the clips in rd 2 as the one seed which is a real tough matchup up for us and all we'd get for that is one extra home game if we get to rd 3. Even in the game we beat them it was Paul's first game back and they played the warriors the night before

2 seed is so much better for us. Matchups are much more important than one extra home game, and it's not close

spursistan
03-01-2017, 07:18 PM

spursistan
03-01-2017, 07:19 PM

TheDoctor
03-01-2017, 07:25 PM

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2017/2/20/whiguyblink.gif

marinoman
03-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Rest kawhi please

Hoops Czar
03-01-2017, 07:45 PM
The Spurs are 2-4 in the postseason the last two seasons discounting the D-league Grizzlies series. Within those two playoff series in which they lost (LAC, OKC), the Spurs lost HCA 4 times. I'm not sure the Spurs would know what do with HCA even if they were to secure it.

OrEmuN
03-01-2017, 08:02 PM
The spurs may not get no1 seed but they must start playing well & winning to end the season because

1) to get to the playoffs in good form
2) to pressure GSW into rushing KD back
3) so that GSW plays heavy minutes on Curry, Thompson & Green, exhausting them for playoffs.

spursreport
03-01-2017, 08:52 PM

Most of those players are pieces of shit and that will show in the playoffs. The regular season once again fooling people. I bet you also think teams with elite wr's win super bowls, right? :lmao

Hoops Czar
03-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Most of those players are pieces of shit and that will show in the playoffs. The regular season once again fooling people. I bet you also think teams with elite wr's win super bowls, right? :lmao

Kawhi-centric offense won't work in the playoffs. Other teams will double him with ease forcing other players to knockdown shots and it won't happen consistently enough to win a series against an elite team.

spursreport
03-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Kawhi-centric offense won't work in the playoffs. Other teams will double him with ease forcing other players to knockdown shots and it won't happen consistently enough to win a series against an elite team.

The Warriors style of play won't work either unless they are gifted depleted teams again.

DMC
03-01-2017, 11:56 PM
The more hype surrounds this seeding the more Pop will pretend to not give a shit, and rest his guys on key nights. Pop likes showing the world that he's the boss.

SAGirl
03-02-2017, 02:26 AM
Most Spurs fans want this but it would be horrible. We would get the clips in rd 2 as the one seed which is a real tough matchup up for us and all we'd get for that is one extra home game if we get to rd 3. Even in the game we beat them it was Paul's first game back and they played the warriors the night before

2 seed is so much better for us. Matchups are much more important than one extra home game, and it's not close
Good points :tu

spurs1990
03-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Current standings show Houston and Denver are fairly locked in at 3 and 8 respectively.

The intrigue is in seeds 4 through 7, which are completely up for grabs:

4) 37-24 Utah
5) 36-24 Clips
6) 36-25 Mem
7) 35-25 OKc

It's a tossup on who finishes where between these four clubs.

Factoring in the above, here are the two roads to the NBA Finals assuming higher seed wins:

One seed - Denver, Uta/LA/Mem/Okc, Warriors
Two seed - Uta/LA/Mem/Okc , Houston, Warriors

So it's not just a matter of home court vs GSW, but you face one less tougher opponent.
Would you rather deal with Houston or Denver?

Big game tonight - Warriors at Chicago.
We'll know how fragile they are going up against a 30-30 Bulls team, the sheer definition of mediocrity this season.

100%duncan
03-02-2017, 01:06 PM
:pop: :pop: :pop:

Seventyniner
03-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Current standings show Houston and Denver are fairly locked in at 3 and 8 respectively.

4) 37-24 Utah
5) 36-24 Clips
6) 36-25 Mem
7) 35-25 OKc

Factoring in the above, here are the two roads to the NBA Finals assuming higher seed wins:

So it's not just a matter of home court vs GSW, but you face one less tougher opponent.

We'll know how fragile they are going up against a 30-30 Bulls team, the sheer definition of mediocrity this season.

Good post. Houston might be a good matchup for the Spurs but it will be far easier to beat Denver.

PopTheGOAT
03-02-2017, 01:25 PM

4) 37-24 Utah
5) 36-24 Clips
6) 36-25 Mem
7) 35-25 OKc

I see your logic, but it's kinda flawed imo. It's not Houston or Denver. Not that black and white. You're using a 4 team possibility for the 1st/ 2nd rounds, when really, we're only facing 1 team. Which team that is will greatly effect the difficulty of the route to the WCF.
Grizz/OKC >> Houston >> Warriors
or
Denver >> Clippers >> Warriors
is what it likely will be
Some would argue that it's worth it to avoid the clippers matchup

Chinook
03-02-2017, 01:53 PM
LAC looks like shit, it's not particularly likely that they get the fourth seed, let alone win their first series.

BillMc
03-02-2017, 02:50 PM
LAC looks like shit, it's not particularly likely that they get the fourth seed, let alone win their first series.
This

Drom John
03-02-2017, 03:50 PM
FiveThirtyEight has the chance that the Spurs are the top seed at 10% (and champs at 17%).

Amuseddaysleeper
03-02-2017, 04:02 PM

:tu

Jdspur20
03-02-2017, 04:19 PM

MultiTroll
03-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Been obvious as hell the last two playoff years.
I'm hoping Popped will adjust before the prime Kwa era is pissed away.
Not seeing it happen tho. Last night another prime example. :depressed

spurs10
03-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Kawhi-centric offense won't work in the playoffs. Other teams will double him with ease forcing other players to knockdown shots and it won't happen consistently enoughy to win a series against an elite team.
Several of our players shoot significantly better when they aren't being closely guarded. If Kawhi is is doubled it means Danny, Pau, LMA, Patty, TP, Dedmon, Lee, or Manu are wide open. Kawhi will certainly need to get used to passing when he's drawing a double, but if we are moving the ball 'the Spurs way' I think we'll be alright.

TD 21
03-02-2017, 06:15 PM
It's not happening. The Warriors might not need Durant to win the championship, so they damn sure don't need him for roughly a quarter of the regular season, when they're already three up in the loss column on a Spurs team that has repeatedly faltered whenever there's been the slightest crack in their armor for going on 3 seasons and has a coach that'll quickly squelch any possibility, with his look-at-me-aren't-I-a-genius shtick down the stretch.

Of course, within' reason, the Spurs should be going all out for it. Even when considering their propensity to lose home playoff games, in a general sense the odds are still almost always at least slightly better of winning a series with home court.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Chicago has won 17 straight TNT Thursday games, the best mark in NBA history..they become a super team in this setting, hopefully they come through tonight, 3 games back with 2 head-to-head matchups would make #1 plausible, at least..

phxspurfan
03-02-2017, 08:07 PM

This. No longer can they coast and not play curry in the 4th.

SAGirl
03-02-2017, 08:32 PM
Chicago has won 17 straight TNT Thursday games, the best mark in NBA history..they become a super team in this setting, hopefully they come through tonight, 3 games back with 2 head-to-head matchups would make #1 plausible, at least..
Awwwwww
you just set them up to lose their record as far as I know. It's bound to be broken sometime. :tu
Hopefully not, let Jimmy Buckets be balling please.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Awwwwww
you just set them up to lose their record as far as I know. It's bound to be broken sometime. :tu
Hopefully not, let Jimmy Buckets be balling please.

:lol they're a 7-point underdog, it would still be an upset if they beat GS..

SpursIndonesia
03-02-2017, 08:55 PM

Doesn't look good at all so far, their bench is so damn hideous.

bklynspursfan
03-02-2017, 09:39 PM
GS is on their 3rd game in 4 nights on the road. They haven't lost 2 in a row in forever, but outside of their stretch of games at the end of the month, this is the perfect opportunity for a little losing streak.

Bulls up 1 now in the 3rd

Chinook
03-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Steph looks like such a god-damned cancer when he's shooting like an average player. Like JR Smith level.

rastaspur
03-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Warriors look like crap tonight. Bulls are awful as well though. The top seed is a possibility if the spurs sweep the warriors in the regular season and close on a strong run.

cutewizard
03-02-2017, 10:30 PM
warriors trailing the Bulls.........................

cutewizard
03-02-2017, 10:31 PM
gggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooo BBBBBBUUUULLLLLSSSSS!

Chinook
03-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Steph going full Danny Green right now.

bklynspursfan
03-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Curry with the game 7 flashback. Had a big on him, instead of driving by him, goes for a step back 3. Especially when he sucks from 3 lately.

I'll take it

Hoops Czar
03-02-2017, 10:34 PM
The Spurs are 2-4 in the postseason the last two seasons discounting the D-league Grizzlies series. Within those two playoff series in which they lost (LAC, OKC), the Spurs lost HCA 4 times. I'm not sure the Spurs would know what do with HCA even if they were to secure it.

dabom

Thomas82
Aaaaaaaand...............the Warriors lose again!!

ECOV
03-02-2017, 10:35 PM
bulls win!!

DarrinS
03-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Welp

ECOV
past is the past, accept it.

cutewizard
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

BULLS DEFEAT WARRIORS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N9SPvtZ6pE

cutewizard
03-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Significant win by the Bulls,

94 to 87

warriors lose back to back........!!!!

cutewizard
03-02-2017, 10:37 PM
im ecstatic right now, hahahahahahahahahahahaha

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooo o!!!!!

cutewizard
03-02-2017, 10:39 PM
So these are the best shooters on the planet??????

Curry shot 10 of 27 for 37 %

Klay shot 5 of 22 for 22.7%

wwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooow!!!

hahahahahahahaha

spurs1990
03-02-2017, 10:44 PM
GS now has 11 Ls, Spurs have 13 and will play them twice.

Meaning the Spurs control their own destiny... Win out and the top seed is their's ;)

spursistan
03-02-2017, 10:45 PM
Thinking this team won't be affected by losing arguably the 2nd best all-around player in the league :lol...They might still beat the Clips, but if KD isn't back to at least at 70-75%, they won't get out of the West (Spurs/Rox will beat them)..The regression of Curry to his pre-2015 human self is real..the loss of depth has brought with it a loss in rhythm and communication in their offensive flow, which is why we are seeing Steph/Klay bricking threes like a they are Josh Smith (career 3pt % low for both)..In-rotation muscle memory/chemistry between players sharing the court is very underrated aspect of team success..Top seed is there for the taking if Pop doesn't get cute..

Ditty
03-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Oh shut up! Spurs have enough talent and shooters on the team that teams wouldn't be able to double Kawhi consistently throughout a series without getting shot out of the arena when they get hot. They're in the freaking NBA for a reason for god sakes :lol.

John Petrucci
03-02-2017, 10:49 PM
:lol at the posters acting like it was an absolute impossibility to catch GS, and that thinking it was possible made you a blind homer

just got their shit pushed in by Bulls who weren't even playing well

Mikeanaro
03-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Lil B curse is real, did he lift the curse? of course that dumb clown doesnt know how to do that :lmao

bklynspursfan
03-02-2017, 10:54 PM
GS now has 11 Ls, Spurs have 13 and will play them twice.

Meaning the Spurs control their own destiny... Win out and the top seed is their's ;)

It won't be easy, and im sure we'll drop a game or 2 we shouldn't. But GS has a touch March schedule too. We'll probably end up needing some help lol

John Petrucci
03-02-2017, 10:56 PM
It won't be easy, and im sure we'll drop a game or 2 we shouldn't. But GS has a touch March schedule too. We'll probably end up needing some help lol

will be interesting to see how much experimenting Pop does in these final games as opposed to really going for wins and trying to get that #1 seed

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2017, 11:02 PM
:pop: Kawhi questionable for tomorrow (Gastroenteritis)

John Petrucci
03-02-2017, 11:04 PM
:pop: Kawhi questionable for tomorrow (Gastroenteritis)

or yea that :lol as we all know "getting over yourself" involves avoiding overtaking the Warriors in the standings at all costs

Chinook
03-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Barring anything horrible, I think the Spurs will go into April with a realistic chance of catching GS. Hopefully, Pop lets him team decide what they want to do rather than just trying to force a rest culture on them. In the very least, forcing GS to bring KD back too early would be worth it.

GSH
03-02-2017, 11:15 PM
To be a Champion, you have to be prepared to beat any other team in the league. Beating a full-strength GS team on the road is a tough task, but the Spurs do have the best road record in the league. The Spurs can either beat GSW, or they can't.

For me, the best part of seeing the Dubs playing without Durant during the regular season will be seeing if Kerr is really the great coach he's been made out to be. It's one thing if you have a stacked team, and you just send out your superstars to do what they do. Let's see him cobble together a 70-win team without that.

And by that, what I really mean is lets see him fall on his ass. Here's to you, Kerr - good luck with that. :toast

John Petrucci
03-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Barring anything horrible, I think the Spurs will go into April with a realistic chance of catching GS. Hopefully, Pop lets him team decide what they want to do rather than just trying to force a rest culture on them. In the very least, forcing GS to bring KD back too early would be worth it.

The Thunder made that mistake some seasons ago with his foot and it cost them.

bklynspursfan
03-02-2017, 11:21 PM
will be interesting to see how much experimenting Pop does in these final games as opposed to really going for wins and trying to get that #1 seed

I can't see him doing as much down the stretch. I feel like he does most of that stuff during the first half of the season. By this point, we know what guys are playing, and it should be all about continuity and chemistry.

If we have any scheduling issues like 3 games in 4 nights I could see him resting guys. But hopefully we don't have many of those left

Mr. Body
03-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Warriors' shooting coming down at the wrong time.

SpurPadre
03-03-2017, 12:21 AM
:lol at the posters acting like it was an absolute impossibility to catch GS, and that thinking it was possible made you a blind homer

There's a guy named Kevin Durant who is injured and is kind of a big deal in the league...

alpha_HaZE
03-03-2017, 12:24 AM

Cheers to closing the season on a winning streak!

When we do that, we do well in the playoffs. Remember how crappy we played during that one reg season and then we went in that insane 20+ run to end the season and all the way to the Conf Finals :)

But, to be honest, the fact that we have won only one playoff series in the past two years makes me a very nervous Spurs fan.

I think our team needs to go into the playoffs on a winning streak as they have traditionally done :)!

bluebellmaniac
03-03-2017, 12:31 AM
SPAM!

John Petrucci
03-03-2017, 12:39 AM
There's a guy named Kevin Durant who is injured and is kind of a big deal in the league...

I was referring to the fact that he's out for a month...thus Spurs have a chance now. There were posts saying we still had zero shot. Was referring to that.

thought it was obvious. I'd agree we literally had zero shot at #1 seed before...still think it's extremely unlikely...but there's a chance now.

Mikeanaro
03-03-2017, 12:47 AM
To be a Champion, you have to be prepared to beat any other team in the league. Beating a full-strength GS team on the road is a tough task, but the Spurs do have the best road record in the league. The Spurs can either beat GSW, or they can't.

For me, the best part of seeing the Dubs playing without Durant during the regular season will be seeing if Kerr is really the great coach he's been made out to be. It's one thing if you have a stacked team, and you just send out your superstars to do what they do. Let's see him cobble together a 70-win team without that.

And by that, what I really mean is lets see him fall on his ass. Here's to you, Kerr - good luck with that. :toast
We already saw how GSW relied on coaches when Kerr had his surgery, they were like 45-4 or something like that, and now we can see how awesome of a coach Fluke Waldo is.

SpurPadre
03-03-2017, 01:01 AM
i was referring to the fact that he's out for a month...thus Spurs have a chance now.

thought it was obvious. I'd agree we literally had zero shot at #1 seed before

You were mocking them for losing to a Bulls team we've lost to at full-strength

John Petrucci
03-03-2017, 01:03 AM
You were mocking them for losing to a Bulls team we've lost to at full-strength

we tend to do things like that. Hopefully we don't anymore for rest of season :lol

also you're moving goalposts. My point is is that it's not ridiculous to think we can catch them now that Durant is injured, tonight's Dubs loss supports that even if it's a small sample size...thus me :lol at ppl still acting like it's impossible.

Uriel
03-03-2017, 01:13 AM
With the Spurs only 2 games back of the Warriors in the loss column and two head-to-head matchups in San Antonio looming this month (both of which will be on the 2nd night of a back-to-back for Golden State), we could very well have the #1 seed by the end of March.

cd021
03-03-2017, 01:19 AM
Curry, Draymond, Thompson and the rest of the guys that have been winning games at an 85% rate on the last three seasons aren't going 16 and 6 in their last 22 games.

That was also with Barnes. He was replaced with KD and now they won't have either for at least a month. Defending McCaw, Iggy, Livingston, and whomever see's increased playing time in his void, is much easier.

Also with KD out, their defense should slip and that 85% rate also included players like Bogut and Elizi, both of whom have been replaced by McGee, Zaza, and D. West ( all three of whom are a drop off in terms of rim protection)

16-6 (16-5 with the loss to the bulls) seems fairly reasonable considering OP mentioned that two of those loses that he factored in was by the Spurs. Houston should win at least one of their two remaining games against GSW. OKC and @ Dallas on a B2B could be potential loses as well.

It's not entirely impossible that that might happen.

John Petrucci
03-03-2017, 01:25 AM
That was also with Barnes. He was replaced with KD and now they won't have either for at least a month. Defending McCaw, Iggy, Livingston, and whomever see's increased playing time in his void, is much easier.

Also with KD out, their defense should slip and that 85% rate also included players like Bogut and Elizi, both of whom have been replaced by McGee, Zaza, and D. West ( all three of whom are a drop off in terms of rim protection)

16-6 (16-5 with the loss to the bulls) seems fairly reasonable considering OP mentioned that two of those loses that he factored in was by the Spurs. Houston should win at least one of their two remaining games against GSW. OKC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43121) and @ Dallas on a B2B could be potential loses as well.

It's not entirely impossible that that might happen.

Nice post. Yea it's unlikely, but it could add some fun drama and intensity to the end of a pretty damn boring season.

DAF86
03-03-2017, 01:26 AM

Warriors were playing their 3rd game in 4th nights. First game after finding out they won't have KD for a while. Spurs barely escaped the Pacers last night thanks to a missed called. Everything has to go right for the Spurs to get the first seed. I hope it does, but chances are it won't, tbh.

So yeah, it's almost impossible for the Spurs to get the 1st seed.

John Petrucci
03-03-2017, 01:33 AM
Warriors were playing their 3rd game in 4th nights. First game after findig out they won't have KD for a while. Spurs barely escaped the Pacers last night thanks to a missed called. Everything has to go right for the Spurs to get the first seed. I hope it does, but chances are it won't, tbh.

So yeah, it's almost impossible for the Spurs to get the 1st seed.

I think the fact that we get to play them two more times makes it slightly possible. We do have to be absolutely incredible down the stretch of course. Just don't see why it's so impossible. I'm usually a huge pessimist when it comes to the Spurs, too :lol

Would I bet on us? Hell no. Just think there's a shot. Hoping it takes a good while for Warriors to find their rhythm without KD, but won't be a bit surprised if they find it pretty quickly.

Also we didn't win that game thanks to a missed call. That would never be called in any NBA game.

DAF86
03-03-2017, 01:40 AM
I think the fact that we get to play them two more times makes it slightly possible. We do have to be absolutely incredible down the stretch of course. Just don't see why it's so impossible. I'm usually a huge pessimist when it comes to the Spurs, too :lol

Would I bet on us? Hell no. Just think there's a shot. Hoping it takes a good while for Warriors to find their rhythm without KD, but won't be a bit surprised if they find it pretty quickly.

It is obviously not impossible, but it's highly unlikely, tbh. Chances are we don't even win the two games remaining against them. Teams of that caliber don't lose 3 straight times against the same team, tbh.

Hoops Czar
03-03-2017, 01:46 AM

Also we didn't win that game thanks to a missed call. That would never be called in any NBA game.

The road still goes through GS because the Spurs will drop one of the first two home games per part. I wonder when the last time the Spurs had the number 1 seed and won the championship?

John Petrucci
03-03-2017, 01:47 AM
It is obviously not impossible, but it's highly unlikely, tbh. Chances are we don't even win the two games remaining against them. Teams of that caliber don't lose 3 straight times against the same team, tbh.

Without a top 5 player they gutted their depth for they might.

DAF86
03-03-2017, 01:47 AM
The road still goes through GS because the Spurs will drop one of the first two home games per part. I wonder when the last time the Spurs had the number 1 seed and won the championship?

2014. You shouldn't have wondered at all, tbh

Hoops Czar
03-03-2017, 01:48 AM
2014. You shouldn't have wondered at all, tbh
Miami

DAF86
03-03-2017, 01:49 AM
Miami

Miami what? You fucking troll.

John Petrucci
03-03-2017, 01:49 AM
The road still goes through GS because the Spurs will drop one of the first two home games per part.

So true :lol

DAF86
03-03-2017, 01:52 AM
Sorry but I missed the moment when Hoops Czar started acting like a Spurs fan, can anybody tell me when that happened, tbh?

Hoops Czar
03-03-2017, 01:56 AM
Miami what? You fucking troll.
They still lost hca twice in the playoffs that year and had to gain it back you Messi Fucker and they aren't even 1/3 as good. If they lose hca to GSM, they won’t get it back.

DAF86
03-03-2017, 01:59 AM
They still lost hca twice in the playoffs that year and had to gain it back you Messi Fucker and they aren't even 1/3 as good. If they lose hca to GSM, they won’t get it back.

If they aren't even 1/3 as good they better at least have more games at home than away, don't you think? You fucking moron.

Hoops Czar
03-03-2017, 02:10 AM
If they aren't even 1/3 as good they better at least have more games at home than away, don't you think? You fucking moron.

They've had their chance you fucking cyclops. Do you watch postseason games with one eye shut? They play better on the road than they do at home in the playoffs. Why would I want them to play more games at home than on the road?

John Petrucci
03-03-2017, 02:14 AM
:lol You guys are so harsh

Robz4000
03-03-2017, 02:23 AM
:lol You guys are so harsh

Welcome to Spurstalk! Here's your complimentary Fuck You.

DAF86
03-03-2017, 02:41 AM
They've had their chance you fucking cyclops. Do you watch postseason games with one eye shut? They play better on the road than they do at home in the playoffs. Why would I want them to play more games at home than on the road?

So, you would rather play a potential WCF game 7 on Golden State instead of San Antonio? How very dumb of you, tbh.

John Petrucci
03-03-2017, 02:47 AM

:lol I've been here a while, just never ceases to amaze me. Fuck you, too :toast

Hoops Czar
03-03-2017, 02:56 AM
So, you would rather play a potential WCF game 7 on Golden State instead of San Antonio? How very dumb of you, tbh.

Key word is potential. You can argue that point until the cows come home. Personally, there's not much of a chance a series against GS goes seven games. However, I want the Spurs to play where the defense has an edge to it, where the passes are more crisp and where the players are more focused because this team tends to gets way too distracted and complacent at home. Entering the postseason as the #1 seed is a distraction in itself. I'd rather have them go in to the series as the underdog and steal HCA away from the Warriors. They'll have to win home games either way in order to win the series. But then again, not many pundits give the Spurs much of a chance to beat a healthy Warriors team in the playoffs anyways. They don't need the target of having the #1 seed on their backs.

Robz4000
03-03-2017, 02:59 AM
:lol I've been here a while, just never ceases to amaze me. Fuck you, too :toast

:lol:toast

DAF86
03-03-2017, 03:19 AM
Fuck you all sons.

pookenstein
03-03-2017, 03:24 AM
GALPN-IMAns

alpha_HaZE
03-03-2017, 03:24 AM

Harden is playing as good as anyone right now, the Rockets are a very dangerous team that has the potential to be scary good by adding yet another scorer in leagues best offense, yes their offense is better than the warriors! In terms of point differential the most reliable playoff success indicator IMHO those three teams; SAS, HOU, GSW, are by far better than anyone else.

Drom John
03-03-2017, 09:27 AM
FiveThirtyEight now gives the Spurs a 15% chance of the top seed and 19% of the championship.

Ron Swanson
03-03-2017, 09:44 AM
Dubs lost two in a row. Pop's tanking the fuck out of tonight's game.

look_at_g_shred
03-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Anyone see jerian grant reenact the game 6 Jordan crossover on Curry ?

Seventyniner
03-03-2017, 10:43 AM
FiveThirtyEight now gives the Spurs a 15% chance of the top seed and 19% of the championship.

These numbers are just extrapolating the season we've seen so far. Since Durant will likely miss the rest of the regular season and likely won't miss any playoff games past the first round, I'd think the Spurs' chance of the top seed is better (25%) but the chance of the title is worse (10-15%).

GSH
03-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Harden is playing as good as anyone right now, the Rockets are a very dangerous team that has the potential to be scary good by adding yet another scorer in leagues best offense, yes their offense is better than the warriors! In terms of point differential the most reliable playoff success indicator IMHO those three teams; SAS, HOU, GSW, are by far better than anyone else.

I agree about Harden (of course), and I agree that the Rockets are dangerous. I don't think they are likely to be able to win four 7-game series, but on any given night they can beat ANYBODY. And they could win a series against just about anybody if they are in the zone. I don't see Harden holding the LOB at the end, but the Rockets definitely have spoiler potential.

That GSW Championship team a couple of years ago played high-octane offense, but people tend to overlook the fact that they played pretty damn good defense too. The Rockets don't ignore defense like the old Suns did, but they are still a Mike D'Antoni team. They are a mediocre defensive team, plus they are utterly dependent on the 3-ball.

I still wouldn't leave LeBron/Kyrie and the Cavs off my list of elite teams. Especially if Bogut and Deron help like they could. I don't know how roles and chemistry will work out, but there's no doubt that roster just got deeper and more talented than it was.

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-03-2017, 12:29 PM
If we win against the Pelicans tonight (and we should), we'll be 2 and a half back. Beat the T'Wolves tomorrow night and we'll get within two. It's going to come down to beating the Warriors both times on our court and winning practically every game going forward (minus one or two losses) to get the 1st seed. It's going to be damn tough but there's a slim chance.

coachmac87
03-03-2017, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=DieHardSpursFan1537;8921006]If we win against the Pelicans tonight (and we should), we'll be 2 and a half back. Beat the T'Wolves tomorrow night and we'll get within two. It's going to come down to beating the Warriors both times on our court and winning practically every game going forward (minus one or two losses) to get the 1st seed. It's going to be damn tough but there's a slim chance.[/QUOTE

Uhhh...the Warriors could lose games too you know..

rastaspur
03-03-2017, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=DieHardSpursFan1537;8921006]If we win against the Pelicans tonight (and we should), we'll be 2 and a half back. Beat the T'Wolves tomorrow night and we'll get within two. It's going to come down to beating the Warriors both times on our court and winning practically every game going forward (minus one or two losses) to get the 1st seed. It's going to be damn tough but there's a slim chance.[/QUOTE

Warriors have a 5 games in seven days stretch coming up and could realistically drop 2 or 3 of those games, so I say it's better than a slim chance. It's doable if spurs take care of business and dont drop the ball.

bklynspursfan
03-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Warriors fans :lol

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/4264568.phtml

Chinook
03-03-2017, 01:30 PM
If we win against the Pelicans tonight (and we should), we'll be 2 and a half back. Beat the T'Wolves tomorrow night and we'll get within two. It's going to come down to beating the Warriors both times on our court and winning practically every game going forward (minus one or two losses) to get the 1st seed. It's going to be damn tough but there's a slim chance.

The Spurs are two bad with two mutual games to go. None of this GB shit. It's completely misleading. Essentially, the Spurs control their own destiny if they beat GS in those two games, meaning that they just have to pace them otherwise. If GS drops two of those upcoming games, they might be toast.

coachmac87
03-03-2017, 02:55 PM
The Spurs are two bad with two mutual games to go. None of this GB shit. It's completely misleading. Essentially, the Spurs control their own destiny if they beat GS in those two games, meaning that they just have to pace them otherwise. If GS drops two of those upcoming games, they might be toast.

Spurs are "tied" IMO...

look_at_g_shred
03-03-2017, 03:22 PM

WOW!

hater
03-03-2017, 03:24 PM

Chinook
03-03-2017, 03:27 PM

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/4264599.phtml

WTF is wrong with them? The most annoying thing about Warriors games are the cutaways to his wife. Hell, same thing with KD's mother, Jack Nicholson or anyone else, even DRob. Fuck, especially Spike Lee.

diego
03-03-2017, 03:34 PM
The point isn't the one seed, it's pushing the Warriors so they can't rest, have to rush Durant back etc. Last year chasing the record + pressure from the Spurs throughout the season wore them down before the playoffs, now there is an opportunity to do the same. Maybe we won't be the beneficiaries but it's still important to put that pressure on them in case.

Chillen
03-03-2017, 03:42 PM
I was watching the game last night and the Warriors offense is so predictable, I even have it figured out. Most of the time they use Green as the ball handler and either Curry or Thompson try to free up and just jack up a 3 or surprise the opponent and slash to the paint and lay it up or a jumpshot. That is why with Durant it causes lots of problems but without Durant this team is easy to defend and figure out. They than move the ball to free up an unsuspecting shooter like Livingston, ZaZa , Green or West. If Curry or Thompson handle the ball they just jack up a 3 and whoever is in the paint trys to throw it back out for even more 3's. Live by the 3 or die by the 3 sums up the Warriors offense most of the time. If they want to win the NBA title this year they have to get better defensively.

look_at_g_shred
03-03-2017, 04:31 PM
I was watching the game last night and the Warriors offense is so predictable, I even have it figured out. Most of the time they use Green as the ball handler and either Curry or Thompson try to free up and just jack up a 3 or surprise the opponent and slash to the paint and lay it up or a jumpshot. That is why with Durant it causes lots of problems but without Durant this team is easy to defend and figure out. They than move the ball to free up an unsuspecting shooter like Livingston, ZaZa , Green or West. If Curry or Thompson handle the ball they just jack up a 3 and whoever is in the paint trys to throw it back out for even more 3's. Live by the 3 or die by the 3 sums up the Warriors offense most of the time. If they want to win the NBA title this year they have to get better defensively.
They are actually pretty damn good defensively. I agree with you on the former however. They are really predictable. The problem is, a lot of NBA teams are shit defensively which is why they can get away (most of the time) with having off shooting nights and still get the win.

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2017, 05:20 PM

:lol Warriors went 73-9 and 67-15 in the 2 previous seasons..I don't know what you're doing posting here if you know how to figure them out and defeat them, tbh, you should be coaching somewhere, my nigga..

look_at_g_shred
03-03-2017, 05:42 PM
:lol Warriors went 73-9 and 67-15 in the 2 previous seasons..I don't know what you're doing posting here if you know how to figure them out and defeat them, tbh, you should be coaching somewhere, my nigga..
Did you watch the 4th quarter of that game last night? It was the same shit over and over again from them.

TD 21
03-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Did you watch the 4th quarter of that game last night? It was the same shit over and over again from them.

He's a Warriors fan and apologist, who get's upset when people don't bow down and worship them.

Hoops Czar
03-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Knowing how to stop them and having the means to stop them are two entirely different things.

alpha_HaZE
03-03-2017, 07:16 PM
I agree about Harden (of course), and I agree that the Rockets are dangerous. I don't think they are likely to be able to win four 7-game series, but on any given night they can beat ANYBODY. And they could win a series against just about anybody if they are in the zone. I don't see Harden holding the LOB at the end, but the Rockets definitely have spoiler potential.

That GSW Championship team a couple of years ago played high-octane offense, but people tend to overlook the fact that they played pretty damn good defense too. The Rockets don't ignore defense like the old Suns did, but they are still a Mike D'Antoni team. They are a mediocre defensive team, plus they are utterly dependent on the 3-ball.

I still wouldn't leave LeBron/Kyrie and the Cavs off my list of elite teams. Especially if Bogut and Deron help like they could. I don't know how roles and chemistry will work out, but there's no doubt that roster just got deeper and more talented than it was.

Yes good points, I agree about D'Antoni and the Cavs. I think we will beat the Rockets in a seven game series, I just hope they don't get inspired like Clippers did and knock us out in RD2, in that sense I prefer the clippers.

bklynspursfan
03-03-2017, 09:03 PM
http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/4264599.phtml

WTF is wrong with them? The most annoying thing about Warriors games are the cutaways to his wife. Hell, same thing with KD's mother, Jack Nicholson or anyone else, even DRob. Fuck, especially Spike Lee.

Haha... That's classic stuff there

HarlemHeat37
03-04-2017, 03:28 PM

They missed a ton of open 3s..Curry alone missed a ton of wide open 3s(which might even be generous)..

Warriors' loss of depth is being overplayed..Zaza/McGee have effectively replaced Bogut's production(when you consider his minutes and games played, especially), and the rest of the players they lost outside of Harrison Barnes are irrelevant..that narrative stems from fear and false hope from fans of teams that are trying to challenge the Warriors IMO..

This year's GS team is better than the previous year by every metric, but a major negative difference is that Curry isn't anywhere near as good as he was in the 2 previous years..his 3% has plummeted by 5% from the 2 prior seasons, which is a massive decline in shooting for the greatest of all-time..

If Curry was playing at the same level as he was in 2015 and 2016, the Warriors would still be the best team in the West, even without Durant, and it wouldn't even be arguable IMO..

TD 21
03-04-2017, 05:59 PM
They missed a ton of open 3s..Curry alone missed a ton of wide open 3s(which might even be generous)..

Warriors' loss of depth is being overplayed..Zaza/McGee have effectively replaced Bogut's production(when you consider his minutes and games played, especially), and the rest of the players they lost outside of Harrison Barnes are irrelevant..that narrative stems from fear and false hope from fans of teams that are trying to challenge the Warriors IMO..

This year's GS team is better than the previous year by every metric, but a major negative difference is that Curry isn't anywhere near as good as he was in the 2 previous years..his 3% has plummeted by 5% from the 2 prior seasons, which is a massive decline in shooting for the greatest of all-time..

If Curry was playing at the same level as he was in 2015 and 2016, the Warriors would still be the best team in the West, even without Durant, and it wouldn't even be arguable IMO..

Last year's Spurs team was better than the current one by every metric, yet you disregard that in their case. The metrics also say this team is essentially equal to that of the '14 Spurs.

Even thought they clearly have a higher upside with Durant, based on their play to date, I actually don't think this Warriors team is quite as good as last year's because Curry, Thompson and to a lesser extent Green (mainly 3-point shooting), aren't playing at the same level, their unprecedented late game luck has regressed to the mean and even though they've done a serviceable job, Pachulia/McGee seem destined to be exposed at some point in the playoffs. Of course, because of their high end talent and current state of the league, more than likely none of this prevents them from winning the championship though.

Trueblood
03-04-2017, 06:17 PM

You can look at the metrics all you want but it's as simple as Durant out = 0-2.

While their bigs may be doing serviceable this is definitively not the same team as last year (sans durant). Curry isn't playing the same and their spacing doesn't seem to have the same effect. They'll probably figure it all out again by the end of the 4 weeks but hopefully by them we'll already be in the driver's seat for the 1 seed.

ace3g
03-05-2017, 12:11 AM
Western Conference

W (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/wins)
L (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/losses)
PCT (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/dir/asc)
GB (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/gamesbehind)
HOME
ROAD
DIV
CONF
PPG (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/avgpointsfor)
OPP PPG (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/avgpointsagainst)
DIFF (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/differential)
STRK (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/streak)
L10

1x -Golden State Warriors (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors)
-
26-3
24-8
11-2
31-7
+12.2
L2
7-3

2x -San Antonio Spurs (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs)
21-6
27-7
7-4
26-8
+8.3
W7
9-1

3Houston Rockets (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/hou/houston-rockets)
23-8
21-11
9-4
27-9
+7.0
W2
8-2

4Utah Jazz (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/utah/utah-jazz)
21-12
17-12
6-6
21-17
+4.3
W1
5-5

5LA Clippers (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/lac/la-clippers)
19-10
18-15
6-5
22-16
+2.9
W1
6-4

6Memphis Grizzlies (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/mem/memphis-grizzlies)
19-11
17-16
6-4
26-15
+1.1
L2
5-5

7Oklahoma City Thunder (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/okc/oklahoma-city-thunder)
23-8
12-19
7-4
22-16
+0.2
L2
5-5

8Denver Nuggets (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/den/denver-nuggets)
16-15
12-19
5-8
16-22
L1
5-5

Uriel
03-05-2017, 01:46 AM
Western Conference

W (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/wins)
L (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/losses)
PCT (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/dir/asc)
GB (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/gamesbehind)
HOME
ROAD
DIV
CONF
PPG (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/avgpointsfor)
OPP PPG (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/avgpointsagainst)
DIFF (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/differential)
STRK (http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/sort/streak)
L10

1x -Golden State Warriors (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors)
-
26-3
24-8
11-2
31-7
+12.2
L2
7-3

2x -San Antonio Spurs (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs)
21-6
27-7
7-4
26-8
+8.3
W7
9-1

3Houston Rockets (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/hou/houston-rockets)
23-8
21-11
9-4
27-9
+7.0
W2
8-2

4Utah Jazz (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/utah/utah-jazz)
21-12
17-12
6-6
21-17
+4.3
W1
5-5

5LA Clippers (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/lac/la-clippers)
19-10
18-15
6-5
22-16
+2.9
W1
6-4

6Memphis Grizzlies (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/mem/memphis-grizzlies)
19-11
17-16
6-4
26-15
+1.1
L2
5-5

7Oklahoma City Thunder (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/okc/oklahoma-city-thunder)
23-8
12-19
7-4
22-16
+0.2
L2
5-5

8Denver Nuggets (http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/den/denver-nuggets)
16-15
12-19
5-8
16-22
L1
5-5

Before Durant went down, we were 5 games back of the Warriors. Now we're only 2 games back, with 2 more head-to-head matchups against them, both of which will be in San Antonio and on the 2nd night of a back-to-back for the Dubs.

Assuming Durant doesn't come back until the playoffs, it's not a stretch to say at this point that the Spurs are in the driver's seat for the #1 seed.

Keepin' it real
03-05-2017, 02:00 AM
Assuming Durant doesn't come back until the playoffs, it's not a stretch to say at this point that the Spurs are in the driver's seat for the #1 seed.

That's a stretch.

bklynspursfan
03-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Knicks went on like a 12-0 run.warriors offense is still in a funk (it's not just ours lol)

Doubt the Knicks hang on, but they're making them work

picnroll
03-05-2017, 04:30 PM
Curry continuing to look like a D leaguer

bklynspursfan
03-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Curry continuing to look like a D leaguer

I just saw his and Klay's numbers on the road this season. Homecourt would be great man. Those guys have been shooting poorly from the road all season

DPG21920
03-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Man, if NY can pull this off that would be massive. Proz is playing ridiculously well even with Draymond guarding him. NY needs to really value the ball, make sure Proz continues to have the offense run through them and for the love of God, please stop scrambling to guys like Green (nice hustle) when you know they will make the extra pass and that means its Curry/Klay getting the shot.

NY has done that so many times this half where they scramble and don't see the next pass and Klay or Curry end up with a shot instead of Green/Iggy.

james evans
03-05-2017, 04:52 PM
They are actually pretty damn good defensively. I agree with you on the former however. They are really predictable. The problem is, a lot of NBA teams are shit defensively which is why they can get away (most of the time) with having off shooting nights and still get the win.
they're only good defensively against teams that bail them out by jacking up tons of 3's as well. If you pound that rock down low and show Green that he's isn't the 2nd coming of Olajuwon in the paint, you can beat them or make them struggle.

bklynspursfan
03-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Warriors also play in Atlanta tomorrow. So even if the Knicks can't hang on, hopefully they play them competitively enough that they can't rest guys

Robz4000
03-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Knicks are such an awful team tbh. Dubs are gonna win this going away without even having to shoot a three; they're literally getting wide open layups.

DPG21920
03-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Melo is a nightmare right now. Rose's defense is terrible to so far.

BillMc
03-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Old Perception of Phil Jackson:
Astute Zen Master who uses unique ways such as meditation and books to reach his players. Uses cutting-edge triangle to win title after title.

New Perception of Phil Jackson:

Out of touch, bullying, possibly racist, bungling executive who alienates players on his team and elsewhere. Forces haggard, useless triangle on his hapless and helpless team.

bklynspursfan
03-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Knicks hanging tough. Ron Baker playing a big role

DPG21920
03-05-2017, 05:47 PM
There is nothing more gut wrenching than having to root for NY :lol. I cannot imagine what being a NY fan is like.

MaNu4Tres
03-05-2017, 05:48 PM
It looks like the last 3 years have caught up with Curry, he hasn't had the same spring with his footwork on the dribble most of this season.

This Warriors team, even with Durant, is more beatable than the past two Warriors' squads.

bklynspursfan
03-05-2017, 05:52 PM
It looks like the last 3 years have caught up with Curry, he hasn't had the same spring with his footwork on the dribble most of this season.

This Warriors team, even with Durant, is more beatable than the past two Warriors' squads.

Agreed... #1seed would be great. Dude usually plays like crap in SA

BatManu20
03-05-2017, 05:56 PM
There is nothing more gut wrenching than having to root for NY :lol. I cannot imagine what being a NY fan is like.

Was just thinking this. What a dumpster fire of a team. They've actually played hard today, but they are so incredibly undisciplined, especially defensively, that it's hard to watch. And Hornacek won't make a single adjustment defensively. Wild.

Mr. Body
03-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Curry isn't that great right now... and he falls off a bit during the playoffs...

BatManu20
03-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Zaza's illegal screens have replaced Bogut's illegal screens. Not quite as effective for often, but they are definitely still there. Something to watch for.

Robz4000
03-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Welp, maybe Atlanta can step up tomorrow.

james evans
03-05-2017, 06:03 PM
they're only good defensively against teams that bail them out by jacking up tons of 3's as well. If you pound that rock down low and show Green that he's isn't the 2nd coming of Olajuwon in the paint, you can beat them or make them struggle.
this is the shit I'm talking about. The Knicks spend the whole 4th quarter turning the ball over and shooting bad shots . As soon as they go down 9 with a minute to go, Porzingas realizes, "hey, I'm 7'3" and I have a 6'7 player guarding me. He scores IMMEDIATELY on the inbound over Green. Not even 3 seconds. Why coaches and playes continue to bail out GS on defense when they put green at center is beyond my knowledge.

Mr. Body
03-05-2017, 06:05 PM
If I'm the Knicks I buy Carmelo Anthony out. Also, I assassinate Dolan. Shittiest owner in sports.

BatManu20
03-05-2017, 06:06 PM
this is the shit I'm talking about. The Knicks spend the whole 4th quarter turning the ball over and shooting bad shots . As soon as they go down 9 with a minute to go, Porzingas realizes, "hey, I'm 7'3" and I have a 6'7 player guarding me. He scores IMMEDIATELY on the inbound over Green. Not even 3 seconds. Why coaches and playes continue to bail out GS on defense when they put green at center is beyond my knowledge.

To to be fair, The Knicks tried feeding Porzingis is the ball on the block against him multiple times in the first half, but he was a pussy and didn't attack aggressively. He threw up some garbage fall-away shots and then went away from it. That was on Porzingod.

Prose
03-05-2017, 08:36 PM
porzingis might be much taller than green but that dosent mean you can just back him down. green is wider and has a lower center of gravity. you can shoot over him but that dosent mean you will be 3 feet away from the rim

daslicer
03-05-2017, 08:48 PM
To to be fair, The Knicks tried feeding Porzingis is the ball on the block against him multiple times in the first half, but he was a pussy and didn't attack aggressively. He threw up some garbage fall-away shots and then went away from it. That was on Porzingod.

I definitely agree with you on this. I noticed that Porzingis scored on Draymond a few times when he did a simple hook shot. The hook shot is one of the best moves to use against a smaller physical opponent. I felt Porzingis should have used it more throughout the game.

Ice009
03-05-2017, 10:38 PM
porzingis might be much taller than green but that dosent mean you can just back him down. green is wider and has a lower center of gravity. you can shoot over him but that dosent mean you will be 3 feet away from the rim

Yep. If anyone saw Malik Rose guarding Shaq, they'll know what you're talking about. Malik had a low center of gravity and he was able to hold his own against Shaq at times (despite his lack of height). Shaq still was able to score because he was aggressive and kept attacking, but it wasn't as easy as you thought it would be against Malik. Same with Draymond Green. It's not as easy as you think it would be to score against him down low with a bigger player. The thing is, you gotta keep attacking him and not let him off the hook. Too many teams do that.

Chinook
03-05-2017, 10:42 PM
That's the same reason why Durant isn't a good low-post player, at least not against Green as well. Height is much better served in the face-up/high-post game than on the block.

PopTheGOAT
03-05-2017, 10:46 PM
Before Durant went down, we were 5 games back of the Warriors. Now we're only 2 games back, with 2 more head-to-head matchups against them, both of which will be in San Antonio and on the 2nd night of a back-to-back for the Dubs.

Assuming Durant doesn't come back until the playoffs, it's not a stretch to say at this point that the Spurs are in the driver's seat for the #1 seed. not saying it's impossible, but very unlikely
http://i64.tinypic.com/534vpw.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/fEY5gF/IMG_6464.jpg

Uriel
03-06-2017, 06:28 AM
not saying it's impossible, but very unlikely
http://i64.tinypic.com/534vpw.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/fEY5gF/IMG_6464.jpg
The only thing we have to do is beat the Durant-less Warriors playing on the 2nd night of a back to back on our home floor twice and then win at the same pace as them for the rest of the season. That's it.

MultiTroll
03-06-2017, 08:30 AM
The only thing we have to do is beat the Durant-less Warriors playing on the 2nd night of a back to back on our home floor twice and then win at the same pace as them for the rest of the season. That's it.
Control our own fate tbqh.

spursistan
03-09-2017, 12:40 AM
Would be huge if Boston do us a solid here..Basically 2-game swing seen Spurs looked on the ropes vs the Kings only few hours ago....

spursistan
03-09-2017, 12:53 AM
Would be huge if Boston do us a solid here..Basically 2-game swing seen Spurs looked on the ropes vs the Kings only few hours ago....

DPG21920
03-09-2017, 12:55 AM
1.5 games back with a GS head-to-head matchup this week? Dayum. Spurs got really close, really fast.

spursistan
03-09-2017, 12:58 AM
1.5 games back with a GS head-to-head matchup this week? Dayum. Spurs got really close, really fast.
More so than GSW's recent struggles, Spurs' resilience the past week (season-long really) has been admirable..

Last 5 games:

- Trailed by 9 = W
- Trailed by 8 = W
- Trailed by 16 = W
- Trailed by 16 = W
- Trailed by 28 = W

DPG21920
03-09-2017, 12:59 AM
Spurs have shown a lot of character but you cannot keep falling behind. Yes, they comeback and flex their muscles, but it's alarming.

spursistan
03-09-2017, 01:02 AM
Spurs have shown a lot of character but you cannot keep falling behind. Yes, they comeback and flex their muscles, but it's alarming.
Yeah, it is byproduct of them being flawed offensively that they keep suffering these long scoring droughts..Going to probably cost them in the playoffs eventually..

Mr. Body
03-09-2017, 01:03 AM
More so than GSW's recent struggles, Spurs' resilience the past week (season-long really) has been admirable..

Last 5 games:

- Trailed by 9 = W
- Trailed by 8 = W
- Trailed by 16 = W
- Trailed by 16 = W
- Trailed by 28 = W

Yeah, but it'd be nice if they cut that shit out.

DPG21920
03-09-2017, 01:04 AM
Yeah, it is byproduct of them being flawed offensively that they keep suffering these long scoring droughts..Going to probably cost them in the playoffs eventually..

Yup - you hit the nail on the head. It's a combo of legit offensive problems with LMA completely doing nada there and Danny not hitting like usual either. Then there is also this irrational confidence this team has as well :lol

spursistan
03-09-2017, 01:05 AM
Last year's Spurs team was better than the current one by every metric, yet you disregard that in their case. The metrics also say this team is essentially equal to that of the '14 Spurs.

Even thought they clearly have a higher upside with Durant, based on their play to date, I actually don't think this Warriors team is quite as good as last year's because Curry, Thompson and to a lesser extent Green (mainly 3-point shooting), aren't playing at the same level, their unprecedented late game luck has regressed to the mean and even though they've done a serviceable job, Pachulia/McGee seem destined to be exposed at some point in the playoffs. Of course, because of their high end talent and current state of the league, more than likely none of this prevents them from winning the championship though.

It is almost like losing the 2nd or 3rd best player in the world is a big deal.."The Warriors will be fine" :lol

DAF86
03-09-2017, 01:10 AM
Not. A. Chance.

will_spurs
03-09-2017, 01:26 AM
Not. A. Chance.

:yield

lefty20
03-09-2017, 01:28 AM

Last 5 games:

- Trailed by 9 = W
- Trailed by 8 = W
- Trailed by 16 = W
- Trailed by 16 = W
- Trailed by 28 = W

Play with fire long enough and you will get burned, eventually.

cutewizard
03-09-2017, 07:05 AM
Anything is possible...................

:bobo

Keepin' it real
03-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Last 5 games:

- Trailed by 9 = W
- Trailed by 8 = W
- Trailed by 16 = W
- Trailed by 16 = W
- Trailed by 28 = W

http://resources4.atgtickets.com/static/28906_full.jpg

SpursFan86
03-09-2017, 12:40 PM

Yeah, as much as I'd like to get excited about this team being on pace for 65 wins, I'm just still not too confident in their chances come playoff time. There isn't a single reliable 2nd or 3rd option on this team offensively. I'm still hoping LMA will get his head out of his ass on that end and be able to put up 17-18 ppg on good efficiency, but we'll see. Role players like Patty, Green, and Manu have also been extremely inconsistent. One 2-3 game stretch where they all decide to shit the bed could easily cost us a series.

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Yeah, as much as I'd like to get excited about this team being on pace for 65 wins, I'm just still not too confident in their chances come playoff time. There isn't a single reliable 2nd or 3rd option on this team offensively. I'm still hoping LMA will get his head out of his ass on that end and be able to put up 17-18 ppg on good efficiency, but we'll see. Role players like Patty, Green, and Manu have also been extremely inconsistent. One 2-3 game stretch where they all decide to shit the bed could easily cost us a series.

As much as I dislike Aldridge, it's too early to write him off, tbh..despite not showing up in the biggest game of last season, he was still really good in the playoffs, for the most part..I'll give him the benefit of the doubt..

It's true that they need more, though..Aldridge was great, as was Kawhi, and Danny Green shot 50% from 3, yet they were still eliminated in round 2 with HCA..all it takes is 1 major flaw(last year was the destruction of the bigs vs. Adams and Kanter) to kill their chances..

spurs1990
03-09-2017, 01:44 PM
These last 19 games for the Spurs is looking like a brutal stretch.

Out of the 19 opponents, only three are out of playoff contention as of now.
The three 'easy' games are against the Lakers and Kings, both on a back-to-back, and the Knicks.

Here's the breakdown by the seed most likely being played for by the opponent:

1/2 seed - Warriors (2x)
1 seed - Cavs
4/5 seed - Utah (2x)
4/5 seed - Clips, on a B2B
5/6 seed - Atlanta
6/7 seed - OKC (2x, both on the road)
6/7 seed - Mem (3 games)
8 seed - Porland (2x)
8 seed - Dal
8 seed - Minn (only 2 Ls behind 8th spot)

All told this is 19 games in 34 days, with four back-to-backs, and just a single break of 2 straight days off.
They'll be a game at least every other day.

As for GS, they have 18 games left, but 6 are against teams out of playoff hunt (>4 losses from 8th seed).

1/2 seed - Spurs (2x) both on B2B
2-4 seed - Wash
3 seed - Houston (2x)
4/5 seed - Mem
4/5 seed - Uta
6/7 seed - Okc
6-8 seed - Mil
8 seed Min (2x)
8 seed Dal (b2b)

We've got closer by two games last 7 days, but Warriors still need to drop one more game than the Spurs.
This is still looking like an uphill climb, but if Spurs can go 15-4 (their current 79% win rate) , GS needs 5 losses from above.

But based on the current state of play, and the remaining schedule, I'd say the Spurs finishing 15-4 is less likely than GS losing 5 more games.

***On a side note - to even go 15-4 will require some exemplary play, and MVPLeonard will absolutely earn his worth if they do so.

Maddog
03-09-2017, 02:16 PM
These last 19 games for the Spurs is looking like a brutal stretch.

Out of the 19 opponents, only three are out of playoff contention as of now.
The three 'easy' games are against the Lakers and Kings, both on a back-to-back, and the Knicks.

Here's the breakdown by the seed most likely being played for by the opponent:

1/2 seed - Warriors (2x)
1 seed - Cavs
4/5 seed - Utah (2x)
4/5 seed - Clips, on a B2B
5/6 seed - Atlanta
6/7 seed - OKC (2x, both on the road)
6/7 seed - Mem (3 games)
8 seed - Porland (2x)
8 seed - Dal
8 seed - Minn (only 2 Ls behind 8th spot)

All told this is 19 games in 34 days, with four back-to-backs, and just a single break of 2 straight days off.
They'll be a game at least every other day.

As for GS, they have 18 games left, but 6 are against teams out of playoff hunt (>4 losses from 8th seed).

2-4 seed - Wash
3 seed - Houston (2x)
4/5 seed - Mem
4/5 seed - Uta
6/7 seed - Okc
6-8 seed - Mil
8 seed Min (2x)
8 seed Dal (b2b)

We've got closer by two games last 7 days, but Warriors still need to drop one more game than the Spurs.
This is still looking like an uphill climb, but if Spurs can go 15-4 (their current 79% win rate) , GS needs 5 losses from above.

But based on the current state of play, and the remaining schedule, I'd say the Spurs finishing 15-4 is less likely than GS losing 5 more games.

***On a side note - to even go 15-4 will require some exemplary play, and MVPLeonard will absolutely earn his worth if they do so.

Not sure if it is even worth it.
Spurs have the Second overall seed pretty much locked. Stay healthy....

spursistan
03-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Dubs tanking the game...Spurs have zero excuses now..And let's hope Kawhi isn't out for long..

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2017, 11:16 PM
I want the #1 seed and all, but the bigger news is that Curry continues to play horribly..of course it isn't permanent, but if he's no longer a dominant player, Spurs actually have a real shot at a ring, this season:wow

look_at_g_shred
03-10-2017, 11:17 PM
I want the #1 seed and all, but the bigger news is that Curry continues to play horribly..of course it isn't permanent, but if he's no longer a dominant player, Spurs actually have a real shot at a ring, this season:wow
Son the rockets may even have a chance if that's the case

Russ
03-10-2017, 11:20 PM
Spurs get the tiebreaker no matter what if they win tomorrow.

Uriel
03-10-2017, 11:25 PM
He's just gassed. He'll be fine in the playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2017, 11:26 PM
He's just gassed. He'll be fine in the playoffs.

Probably, but to be fair, outside of a 3-week stretch in January, he hasn't been the same, all season(nowhere near as bad as he has been the past 2 weeks, but he hasn't been dominant, this season)..

Blake
03-10-2017, 11:28 PM
No curry, no klay, no Draymond for next game vs Spurs

I feel sorry for anyone who bought $100 nosebleeds from a scalper

pad300
03-10-2017, 11:49 PM

No Iggy either, according to ESPN.com
No Kawhi and I'd be surprised if Parker plays. Who else is going to rest?

The league is going to have a shit hemorrhage; two of the top 3 in the league declining to play each other in the regular season. Talk about devaluing the broadcast rights...

Mnky
03-10-2017, 11:53 PM

The league is going to have a shit hemorrhage; two of the top 3 in the league declining to play each other in the regular season. Talk about devaluing the broadcast rights...

They signed their multi billion extension already. They ain't worried tbh. :lol

TXstbobcat
03-10-2017, 11:57 PM

Just call it ABC's D-League prime time game of the week.

bklynspursfan
03-11-2017, 12:15 AM
Warriors fans think there's something going on behind the scenes.. Love it

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/4267423.phtml

TheDoctor
03-11-2017, 12:19 AM
HAHAHAHA :lol

TheDoctor
03-11-2017, 12:25 AM

Them pansies. Mofos banned me some while ago for bringing up that 2013 Semis. They're a bunch of mentally fragile mandrills like their team.

Trainwreck2100
03-11-2017, 12:56 AM
Lol all those bandwagon fucksticks wasted their money

Spur|n|Austin
03-11-2017, 12:58 AM

spursistan
03-11-2017, 01:25 AM
The OKC game was the most "due" loss I could remember in long time..Spurs could have easily gone 0-5 the past week, so I'm not mad about it.

They better not mess around tomorrow and get an easy L to clinch the tiebreaker against GSW..Dubs will have to go better than us in the final 17 games of the season with one more to play in SA to keep that top seed.....

spursistan
03-11-2017, 01:32 AM

2-4 seed - Wash
3 seed - Houston (2x)
4/5 seed - Mem
4/5 seed - Uta
6/7 seed - Okc
6-8 seed - Mil
8 seed Min (2x)
8 seed Dal (b2b)

These are quite few potential losses based on the Warriors level of play the past two weeks..

I'll add the Bucks game to that list, they have proven to be a tricky match-up for them like Boston....

spurs1990
03-11-2017, 02:23 AM
I don't think anyone seriously expected such shitty play from the warriors after Durant went out.

Now you got the rest factor for them, which after going all in last year makes sense to do.

It's there for the Spurs. May seriously end up with both teams 'backing into' the one seed.

BillMc
03-11-2017, 03:28 AM

BillMc
03-11-2017, 03:40 AM
Even if we tie them up in the loss column tonight, it's gonna be tough. I don't know SOS but at a quick glance our remaining schedule looks substantially tougher than theirs.

cjw
03-11-2017, 03:53 AM
Even if we tie them up in the loss column tonight, it's gonna be tough. I don't know SOS but at a quick glance our remaining schedule looks substantially tougher than theirs.

Tomorrow's game is huge in locking up the tiebreaker. At that point, you just want to put pressure on them to wear down the regulars to try to hold the 1 seed. Spurs are far healthier and didn't gut the back end of their roster.

PopTheGOAT
03-11-2017, 03:57 AM
Both of our schedules are tough but ours is tougher. Not sure where it stands now, but before the Rockets game we were tied w Utah for toughest schedule in the league

BillMc
03-11-2017, 04:07 AM
Tomorrow's game is huge in locking up the tiebreaker. At that point, you just want to put pressure on them to wear down the regulars to try to hold the 1 seed. Spurs are far healthier and didn't gut the back end of their roster.

Good point.

Both of our schedules are tough but ours is tougher. Not sure where it stands now, but before the Rockets game we were tied w Utah for toughest schedule in the league
Thanks for the info. :toast

gambit1990
03-11-2017, 01:38 PM
i wonder how many games lma misses.

Splits
03-11-2017, 01:46 PM

1999 called and wants their technology back.

God that website sucks.

bklynspursfan
03-11-2017, 02:01 PM

God that website sucks.

Seriously, what's up with that lol

03-11-2017, 10:53 PM
All things said, just a 0.5 game back :toast

$pursDynasty
03-11-2017, 11:01 PM

God that website sucks.
hey that website is light years ahead of spurstalk and all other team websites. To hear their owner tell it, lol

spursistan
03-12-2017, 12:47 AM
Really want that Top seed..Even if Memphis is sucking up storm right now, I would rather ease Aldridge back against a cupcake match-up like Denver/Portland instead of Zbo and co..

DAF86
03-12-2017, 12:54 AM
Not a single chance.

kaji157
03-12-2017, 01:57 PM
It´s on LMA´s heart.

Spurs 4 The Win
03-12-2017, 02:26 PM
I think LMA will easily be back for playoffs. If he misses a couple weeks I doubt we get the 1 seed though.

dabom
03-12-2017, 02:28 PM
I think LMA will easily be back for playoffs. If he misses a couple weeks I doubt we get the 1 seed though.

I have doubts too. Everyone is gonna have to go super human to do that.

cjw
03-12-2017, 02:28 PM
If league wants these these marquee matchups to mean something, they should be more careful and make sure teams playing in big prime time spots aren't playing on B2B. This is not on the Warriors (Spurs played all their healthy guys) but on the league.

All things said, just a 0.5 game back :toast

Loss column is all that matters. Spurs are tied there with the tiebreaker (Warriors have just played one extra game).

Spurs have a favorable remaining schedule as it relates to travel and back to backs. 11 home and 6 on road with only long trip being to close out season at Por and Uta:

Spurs home with rest day: Atl, Por, Mem, NYK, Cle, GS, Uta, Mem
Spurs away with rest day: Mem, Min, OKC, Dal, Por, Uta
Spurs B2B (all home): Sac after @ Mem, LAL after Mem, LAC after Dal

While Spurs don't have many B2B, only three of their opponents will be on a B2B. Portland home game will be B2B for them after they travel to NO. Sac will be on B2B too after playing OKC. GS will be on a B2B with Houston.

Warriors also have a home heavy schedule with one less game overall and 11 home / 5 road. They also have only three B2B left (OKC-Dal road games, Hou-SA road games, and Min home-Phx road).

Home: Phi, Orl, Mil, Sac, Mem, Hou, Was, Min, NO, Uta, LAL
Road: OKC, Dal, Hou, SA, Phx

They should largely coast at home but could really struggle in those first four road games given all part of B2B. Spurs have tougher schedule so likely will need to win the H2H game to take the 1 seed.

dabom
03-12-2017, 02:33 PM
If league wants these these marquee matchups to mean something, they should be more careful and make sure teams playing in big prime time spots aren't playing on B2B. This is not on the Warriors (Spurs played all their healthy guys) but on the league.

Loss column is all that matters. Spurs are tied there with the tiebreaker (Warriors have just played one extra game).

Spurs have a favorable remaining schedule as it relates to travel and back to backs. 11 home and 6 on road with only long trip being to close out season at Por and Uta:

Spurs home with rest day: Atl, Por, Mem, NYK, Cle, GS, Uta, Mem
Spurs away with rest day: Mem, Min, OKC, Dal, Por, Uta
Spurs B2B (all home): Sac after @ Mem, LAL after Mem, LAC after Dal

While Spurs don't have many B2B, only three of their opponents will be on a B2B. Portland home game will be B2B for them after they travel to NO. Sac will be on B2B too after playing OKC. GS will be on a B2B with Houston.

Warriors also have a home heavy schedule with one less game overall and 11 home / 5 road. They also have only three B2B left (OKC-Dal road games, Hou-SA road games, and Min home-Phx road).

Home: Phi, Orl, Mil, Sac, Mem, Hou, Was, Min, NO, Uta, LAL
Road: OKC, Dal, Hou, SA, Phx

They should largely coast at home but could really struggle in those first four road games given all part of B2B. Spurs have tougher schedule so likely will need to win the H2H game to take the 1 seed.

Spur|n|Austin
03-12-2017, 02:43 PM
lol at all the fuck boys who said there was no chance we were catching the worriers.

dabom
03-12-2017, 02:44 PM
lol at all the fuck boys who said there was no chance we were catching the worriers.

No one thought Durant was gonna get injured. Unless you were expecting that. :lmao

Spur|n|Austin
03-12-2017, 02:46 PM
No one thought Durant was gonna get injured. Unless you were expecting that. :lmao

Was talking about the people after the KD injury but step right up!

dabom
03-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Was talking about the people after the KD injury but step right up!

I never said anything after the injury. But your whole idea has changed though. :lmao

Seventyniner
03-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Not sure where Chinook's magic number thread went, but I believe it's now 17, with the Warriors game counting for 2 (if the Spurs beat the Warriors one more time they can afford to drop one game and still get #1).

TD 21
03-12-2017, 06:06 PM

It didn't take a genius to figure out that the Warriors, Cavaliers, Spurs and Clippers, projected as the elite this season. The latter obviously has the least pedigree, so they didn't even necessarily have to include them, in terms of this: I know these schedules are complex, but the other 3 only play each other 2-3 times each this season and one has a history of resting players, so how hard would it have been to make sure those matchups didn't at least occur on a back to back?

Not only do should be marquee match-ups get lessened or ruined, but because they're marquee, they become national talking points and it makes it seem worse than it is, in the sense that it makes it seem routine that star players are rested.

spursistan
03-13-2017, 09:47 PM
Top seed fellas :hat..

But really, does HC even matter with how this team been getting hosed at home by the refs this year? we literally lost two crucial playoffs games last season on our court due to officials screwups..