PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Sessions spoke twice with Russian envoy during presidential campaign

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Attorney General Jeff Sessions had two contacts with Russian envoy Sergey Kislyak during the presidential campaign, Justice Department officials confirmed, following a Washington Post report Wednesday.

When he was asked in his confirmation hearing whether anyone associated with Donald Trump’s presidential campaign had communicated with the Russians, Sessions replied that he wasn’t aware of any such “activities,” and added, “I did not have communications with the Russians.” A questionnaire he filled out for the committee also asked whether he had had contact with the Russians, to which Sessions, according to the Post, wrote, “No.”

Attorney General Sessions has provided the following statement: “I never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign. I have no idea what this allegation is about. It is false.”

Sessions spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores told CBS News’ Andres Triay in a statement that “[t]here was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer.” It was, she explained, in his capacity as a senator, and not as a campaign surrogate, that he had spoken with Kislyak, and dozens of other foreign ambassadors, as well.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeff-sessions-spoke-twice-with-russian-envoy-during-presidential-campaign/

baseline bum
03-01-2017, 11:50 PM
FuzzyLumpkins, were you alive in Nixon's reign? Was this what his last days were like? :lol

ducks
03-01-2017, 11:51 PM
They asked if he talked about the 2016 elections he said no

DarrinS
03-01-2017, 11:51 PM
Attention whore late to the game :lmao

Blake
03-01-2017, 11:53 PM

A new thread was needed any way

Spurminator
03-01-2017, 11:55 PM

I hear someone posted a YouTube video about white privilege, get to it! Chop chop!

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 12:02 AM
:cry

I saw that it was being discussed in the Flynn thread however Session is a completely different story and thread worthy. There is no thread on this topic.

And in your own words, explain how starting a thread on a new topic not yet posted is seeking attention.

We've already established that you are lazy as hell, not insightful, and not qualified to speak for me. You should just stop; it's bad enough that we have to look at every video you see on facebook.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 12:04 AM
FuzzyLumpkins, were you alive in Nixon's reign? Was this what his last days were like? :lol

Nope but GOP committee leaders are finding it harder and harder to sweep this shit under the rug.

I have no idea what the exact relationship that Trump and his cronies have with the Russians but we deserve to know.

Thread
03-02-2017, 12:06 AM
DOJ has cleared Sessions.

Reck
03-02-2017, 12:13 AM

The same department he runs? :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 12:21 AM

cleared him of what? its the senate who held the confirmation hearings that would take issue with it.

The above post is worse than fake news. It's nonsensical bullshit. Good job, Bozo.

Thread
03-02-2017, 12:22 AM
cleared him of what? its the senate who held the confirmation hearings that would take issue with it.

The above post is worse than fake news. It's nonsensical bullshit. Good job, Bozo.

It's on the CNN homepage.

Thread
03-02-2017, 12:22 AM

Well, you lasted about a week.

tee, hee.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 12:23 AM
It's on the CNN homepage.

feel free to link the article. I'm not making your argument for you and again, it is up to the senate to find him in contempt for lying under oath.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 12:26 AM
Well, you lasted about a week.

tee, hee.

I haven't really been around in the past week, Bozo.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 12:27 AM
It's on the CNN homepage.FAKE NEWS

Thread
03-02-2017, 12:29 AM
FAKE NEWS

FAKE NEWS

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 12:30 AM
FAKE NEWSCNN is fake news

CNN says justice department clears him

therefore that story is fake news

right?

Thread
03-02-2017, 12:31 AM
CNN is fake news

CNN says justice department clears him

therefore that story is fake news

right?

No, not right. What you said is FAKE NEWS.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2017, 12:33 AM
Attorney General Sessions has provided the following statement: “I never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign. I have no idea what this allegation is about. It is false.”

LOL...

Typical Fuzzy logic idiocy.

It can entirely be true!

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 12:33 AM
And can someone explain the logic as to how him meeting the Russians as a Senator makes it okay that he stated twice when asked whether or not he had met with Russians?

ducks get on that shit.

ducks
03-02-2017, 12:36 AM
He was asked if he asked about 2016 elections he said no

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 12:36 AM
LOL...

Typical Fuzzy logic idiocy.

It can entirely be true!

That is a quote from the article in the OP; I made sure to include his response in the interest of fairness. I made no comment in the OP. Your reading/critical thinking skill are still complete shit.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 12:38 AM
He was asked if he asked about 2016 elections he said no

That is not what the senate asked him.

Try again.

Axl Rose
03-02-2017, 12:46 AM
No one cares

Reck
03-02-2017, 12:58 AM
No one cares

No skin off your dick, right? :lol

Thread
03-02-2017, 01:04 AM
No skin off your dick, right? :lol

Biden lied and he made VP twice.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2017, 01:12 AM
And can someone explain the logic as to how him meeting the Russians as a Senator makes it okay that he stated twice when asked whether or not he had met with Russians?

ducks get on that shit.

Like always, you fail to understand a simple word.

Context!

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 01:18 AM
:lol

If Hillary's AG did this and LIED under oath to Congess, Repugs would go insane.

context? A Repug did it, so that context means LYING under oath is OK.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 01:20 AM
unless they can actually confirm that he spoke specifically about the election, he has an out, imo

Thread
03-02-2017, 01:33 AM
Obama lied and he was reelected.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 01:36 AM
Obama lied and he was reelected.under oath?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 03:21 AM
unless they can actually confirm that he spoke specifically about the election, he has an out, imo

He was asked twice if he had contact with the Russians without a qualifier stating that it was about the election.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 03:24 AM
Like always, you fail to understand a simple word.

Context!

What context?

He was asked if he had contact with the Russians twice. He was not asked if he had contact with the Russians regarding the election.

It helps if you are going to make such claims that you explain the proper context else you sound as you usually do: talking out of your ass.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 03:28 AM
Frankly why would there be an expectation that a Senate that is evaluating a AG nominee would limit a question about a foreign interest to the election?

Thread
03-02-2017, 04:11 AM
under oath?

Absolutely, Obama was under oath when he lied.

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 07:27 AM
What Jeff Sessions Said About Perjury During The Clinton Impeachment

In 1999, then Sen. Jeff Sessions (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/topic/jeff-sessions) (R-Ala.) described perjury claims against President Bill Clinton (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/bill-clinton/) as “serious allegations (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M4TPTAbalE).”

“In America, the Supreme Court and the American people believe no one is above the law,” he said. Sessions also voted “guilty” on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice during Clinton’s impeachment trial.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jeff-sessions-bill-clinton-impeachment_us_58b7d0c3e4b0a8ded67a51e9?&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Morning%20Email%20030217&utm_content=The%20Morning%20Email%20030217+CID_fb8 b69bed770537d897c2854fd2964a8&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=said%20about%20perjury&

The "law" only applies to non-Repugs. :lol

rasuo214
03-02-2017, 11:05 AM
under oath?

Clapper lied under oath.

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Bannon and Sessions were the architects of Trash's campaign, so Sessions had an overwhelming interest in how Pootin was queering the campaign towards a Trash victory.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 11:42 AM
Clapper lied under oath.
I asked about obama

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Absolutely, Obama was under oath when he lied.
When was this

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Why did Sessions LIE under oath?

For the same reason Trash won't expose his tax returns.

They both have something, a lot?, to hide from The Great American People.

hater
03-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Obama lied and he was reelected.

Thats ight.

His boy tapper also lied under oath to congress and in front of the cameras. Thye both lied about their secret spy program.

Sorry Clapper mot Tapper. That fuck Clapper even kept his job

hater
03-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Here ya go in case anyone "forgot"

Attorney: Spy chief had 'forgotten' about NSA program when he misled Congress

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/241508-spy-head-had-absolutely-forgotten-about-nsa-program

:lmao the piece of shit "forgot" they were spying on all americans and his boss Obama agreed with him :lmao

hater
03-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Heres where Obama lied to the world about stopping his spying on allies and congress. He promised it but he did the opposite:
Soon after it was revealed that the NSA was spying on our allies President Obama assured America and the world that we would no longer spy on friendly nations. A new Wall Street Journal report shows that his no spying promise, like so many others made by Barack Obama, was a lie.

The President was so anxious to protect his Iran deal and have something he can call a foreign policy legacy, he decided to keep “certain allies under close watch” and topping the watch list was Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

http://lidblog.com/obama-lied-had-nsa-spy-on-netanyahu-congress-to-protect-iran-deal/

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 12:43 PM
More fake news by the left.

Sessions, as a Senator on the Armed Services Committee, met with over 20 ambassadors in 2016. One of them was the Russian ambassador. There is no evidence, at all, Sessions met with the ambassador to review Trump campaign strategy, or anything of the sort. The suggestion that our Senators should not be meeting with representatives of foreign governments is ludicrous, especially coming from people who championed the Clinton Foundation meeting with foreign governments frequently to fund their Clinton Foundation and personal enrichment.

The criminal law only prohibits lying to Congress under two statutes — 18 USC 1621 ands 18 USC 1001. Section 1621 requires a person "willfully and contrary" to a sworn oath "subscribe a material matter" which is both false and the person knows to be false. Section 1001 is basically the same, without certain tribunal prerequisites: it also requires the government prove a person willfully made a materially false statement. This requires three elements: first, a false statement; second, the false statement be "material"; and third, the false statement be made "knowingly" and "willfully." A statement is not false if it can be interpreted in an innocent manner. A statement is not material if it is not particularly relevant to the subject of the inquiry. Willfully is a very high standard of proof: it requires the person know they are committing the crime, and do so anyway. None of the three exist as to Sessions.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/sorry-but-jeff-sessions-absolutely-did-not-perjure-himself-under-oath-when-asked-about-russia/

Blake
03-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Lol lawnewz.com

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Sam Bee on Jefferson Beauregard, Son (of a bitch) of the South

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoyLYumj7tI

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Like I've been saying since yesterday, if they don't have transcripts that confirm what he spoke about, he has an out. Otherwise it ends up being like the Clinton/Lynch meeting

monosylab1k
03-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Lol lawnewz.com

:lmao

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Lol lawnewz.com
Law Newz

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: Law Newz is founded and run by Dan Abrams, who is currently the Chief Legal Anchor for ABC News, and host of both 60 Days In and Live PD on the A&E network. Has a slight left bias in reporting, but is well sourced.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/law-newz/

lol literal cuckold

Adam Lambert
03-02-2017, 12:50 PM
lol "lawnewz"

sessions lied about talking to russia at all. we know it was knowingly and willfully because his statement yesterday said he didnt think it was relevant when he was asked about it.

fake newz

monosylab1k
03-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Seems legit, I mean I get all my financial advising from www.stockz-n-sheeeit.com and the z gives it the credibility I need mixed with the edginess I crave.

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Like I've been saying since yesterday, if they don't have transcripts that confirm what he spoke about, he has an out. Otherwise it ends up being like the Clinton/Lynch meeting

did Clinton LIE under oath about speaking with Lynch?

Sessions LIED under oath, which the Repugs really didn't like when Clinton did it back in the '90s.

mavsfan1000
03-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Deceptive question from Al Franken. So Sessions didn't lie. But as usual, fake news media will leave things out.

Adam Lambert
03-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Seems legit, I mean I get all my financial advising from www.stockz-n-sheeeit.com (http://www.stockz-n-sheeeit.com) and the z gives it the credibility I need mixed with the edginess I crave.

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 12:54 PM
:lol Board libs fixating on the (admittedly horrible) name of a website because they can't defend their argument that Sessions lied.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 12:56 PM
did Clinton LIE under oath about speaking with Lynch?

Sessions LIED under oath, which the Repugs really didn't like when Clinton did it back in the '90s.
He has an out if he continues to insist he had no conversations regarding the campaign. Unless evidence,comes out like it did for flynn/sanctions

Adam Lambert
03-02-2017, 12:56 PM
There is no evidence, at all, Sessions met with the ambassador to review Trump campaign strategy, or anything of the sort.

not what he was asked.

The suggestion that our Senators should not be meeting with representatives of foreign governments is ludicrous,

not what is being suggested.

especially coming from people who championed the Clinton Foundation meeting with foreign governments frequently to fund their Clinton Foundation and personal enrichment.

its coming from people on both sides of the aisle and has nothing to do with having meetings related to a foundation. nice redirect, we gonna talk about bengazi next?

lol fakenewz

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 01:03 PM
The Gravity Is Strong

this is much more about Sessions' need to conceal the meeting than the meeting itself.

. But why did Sessions have this meeting at all? It seems at best ill-conceived, coming in the heat of allegations of inappropriate connections between Trump and Russia last Fall.

Far more baffling, why did he choose to conceal it?

A bit of the timeline here is helpful. Sen. Franken's question to Sessions was on January 10th. Sen. Leahy asked a slightly different question. But I'm not sure of the precise date. It was on January 12th that the Post's David Ignatius first reported (https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-did-obama-dawdle-on-russias-hacking/2017/01/12/75f878a0-d90c-11e6-9a36-1d296534b31e_story.html?utm_term=.21c4daa5a6e6) that Flynn had been in contact with Ambassador Kislyak on the day President Obama announced retaliatory sanctions against Russia. If Leahy's question was also before the 12th (they were written questions, so possible), that was before the issue of Kislyak specifically became a charged public issue. But Sessions actual confirmation vote came almost a month later, plenty of time to revise his testimony.

Why are there so many unforced errors?

Why conceal this meeting?

Frankly, why lie about it?

As I said, big, big scandals work like this. People who don't even appear to be that close to the action keep getting pulled under for what seem like needless deceptions.
The cover up works better than you think. The other reason the cover up is a logical response is that it usually works. You only find out about it when it doesn't. So it's a good bet.

Astronomers can't see black holes directly. They map them by their event horizon and their effect on nearby stars and stellar matter.

We can't see yet what's at the center of the Trump/Russia black hole.

But we can tell a lot about its magnitude by the scope of the event horizon and the degree of its gravitational pull, which is immense.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-gravity-is-strong?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

=============

Sessions Met With Russian Ambassador Twice During Campaign

The revelation about Sessions' contact with the Russian ambassador comes as allegations that Trump associates were in contact with Russian officials during the campaign are under increasing scrutiny.

As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which is currently investigating potential contacts between Russia and the Trump campaign.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/sessions-met-russian-ambassador

hater
03-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Lol cnnz

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 01:07 PM
not what he was asked.
Absolutely what he was asked.

FRANKEN: Okay. CNN has just published a story, and I'm telling you this about a news story that's just been published. I'm not expecting you to know whether or not it's true or not. But CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that, quote, "Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump." These documents also allegedly say, quote, "There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government."

Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

SESSIONS: Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/02/jeff-sessionss-denials-of-contact-with-russians-are-falling-apart-quickly/?utm_term=.944820e7a174

In short, Franken asked Sessions about rumors that Russian intermediaries were colluding with Trump's campaign surrogates to help advance Trump's campaign. Sessions responded that he was a Trump surrogate and he did not communicate with Russia in that role.

It doesn't matter if he spent every waking moment on the phone with Russia as part of his duties with the Armed Services Committee. Unless he was collaborating with them on Trump's campaign, he did not lie. And there is no proof that he was doing that.

its coming from people on both sides of the aisle
Yes, there's plenty of people in the Republican wing of the Uniparty who hate Sessions too. This fake controversy is being drummed up by globalists on both sides of the aisle who really just don't like his positions on immigration and trade.

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 01:10 PM

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 01:12 PM
"fake controversy"

:lol What Sessions said to the Russian isn't even the point. It's that HE LIED UNDER OATH TO THE SENATE.

... which raises the question of what he said to the Russian is critical, since HE LIED to hide the meetings.

Reck
03-02-2017, 01:13 PM
weak shit posting far right fringe sites like law newz.

Not any better than breitbart or drudge report. :lol

So terrible it's not even listed as a news site..

http://i1.wp.com/www.pigscast.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/News.png

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Another reason why this bogus Sessions narrative is being pushed today:

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 01:14 PM
"fake controversy"

:lol What Sessions said to the Russian isn't even the point. It's that HE LIED UNDER OATH TO THE SENATE.

... which raises the question of what he said to the Russian is critical, since HE LIED to hide the meetings.

Prove it.

mavsfan1000
03-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Another reason why this bogus Sessions narrative is being pushed today:

The media has no shame. Pure political propaganda.

hater
03-02-2017, 01:19 PM

:lmao wapoz

How could anyone with 2 working neurons believe anything the wapoz says :lol

They havent been right for about a couple years :lol

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 01:24 PM
I don't care if Sessions stuck a cigar up the Russian's butt. That's consensual sex between adults, completely legal.

But why did Sessions LIE UNDER OATH about two meetings with the Russian?

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 01:25 PM
I don't care if Sessions stuck a cigar up the Russian's butt. That's consensual sex between adults, completely legal.

Prove that he lied under oath or STFU.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Absolutely what he was asked.

FRANKEN: Okay. CNN has just published a story, and I'm telling you this about a news story that's just been published. I'm not expecting you to know whether or not it's true or not. But CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that, quote, "Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump." These documents also allegedly say, quote, "There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government."

Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

SESSIONS: Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/02/jeff-sessionss-denials-of-contact-with-russians-are-falling-apart-quickly/?utm_term=.944820e7a174

In short, Franken asked Sessions about rumors that Russian intermediaries were colluding with Trump's campaign surrogates to help advance Trump's campaign. Sessions responded that he was a Trump surrogate and he did not communicate with Russia in that role.

It doesn't matter if he spent every waking moment on the phone with Russia as part of his duties with the Armed Services Committee. Unless he was collaborating with them on Trump's campaign, he did not lie. And there is no proof that he was doing that.

Yes, there's plenty of people in the Republican wing of the Uniparty who hate Sessions too. This fake controversy is being drummed up by globalists on both sides of the aisle who really just don't like his positions on immigration and trade.
Well taking a closer look at the text of the questions, he asked if people in the campaign communicated with Russia. Do the questions specify that the communications were about the election?

I guess "in the course of the campaign" is the best possibility but is that just referring to the time frame?

mavsfan1000
03-02-2017, 01:31 PM
The opposition party and the Hillary Clinton colluded. I wonder why no one cares about that. It seems Schumer and Pelosi feed off fake news. It is a pathetic display.

mavsfan1000
03-02-2017, 01:32 PM

God you are dumb.

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Well taking a closer look at the text of the questions, he asked if people in the campaign communicated with Russia. Do the questions specify that the communications were about the election?
According to the CNN report that Franken is directly referencing in his question:

These senior intelligence officials also included the synopsis to demonstrate that Russia had compiled information potentially harmful to both political parties, but only released information damaging to Hillary Clinton and Democrats. This synopsis was not an official part of the report from the intelligence community case about Russian hacks, but some officials said it augmented the evidence that Moscow intended to harm Clinton's candidacy and help Trump's, several officials with knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/

So, yes, it's obvious that the alleged communications that Franken was asking about were related to the election.

Spurminator
03-02-2017, 01:59 PM
All most people are asking for, Republican and Democrat, is for Sessions to recuse himself from the ongoing investigations into alleged Russian involvement in the 2016 campaign.

He took an individual meeting with a Russian ambassador while he was an advisor to the Trump campaign and decided it wasn't relevant to bring up when asked if he had communicated with the Russian government in the course of the campaign. To be honest, it's a legitimate request for him to recuse himself whether that conversation happened or not... simply based on his involvement in the campaign.

I'm not sure why you guys are falling on the sword for him on this. It would be one thing if we were discussing criminal charges but all that's really being asked for is an untainted investigation. If you think all of the Russia stuff is such a joke, you should welcome this.

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Some Dems are asking the LIAR SESSIONS to resign as AG.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 02:13 PM
All most people are asking for, Republican and Democrat, is for Sessions to recuse himself from the ongoing investigations into alleged Russian involvement in the 2016 campaign.

He took an individual meeting with a Russian ambassador while he was an advisor to the Trump campaign and decided it wasn't relevant to bring up when asked if he had communicated with the Russian government in the course of the campaign. To be honest, it's a legitimate request for him to recuse himself whether that conversation happened or not... simply based on his involvement in the campaign.

I'm not sure why you guys are falling on the sword for him on this. It would be one thing if we were discussing criminal charges but all that's really being asked for is an untainted investigation. If you think all of the Russia stuff is such a joke, you should welcome this.there are people saying he perjured himself, which is a criminal charge

Trill Clinton
03-02-2017, 02:14 PM

I'm not a dem but I'd like for him to go to jail

Spurminator
03-02-2017, 02:15 PM
there are people saying he perjured himself, which is a criminal charge

Sure, and there are also people like boutons who want him drawn and quartered, but I don't think the argument we should be having is prison vs. status quo. First step is recusal.

mavsfan1000
03-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Except he didn't lie.

Blake
03-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Yeah it's seeming that way. The mob may need to take a step back from the pitchforks for a second.

da_suns_fan
03-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Dude fucked up.

This isnt going away.

Trump needs to release his tax returns, condemn Russian aggression and then the media will let up on the Russia connection.

But, of course, thats never going to happen. He's under eternal "audit" and the worst he said about Russia was "not good" during a press conference.

Blake
03-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Law Newz

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: Law Newz is founded and run by Dan Abrams, who is currently the Chief Legal Anchor for ABC News, and host of both 60 Days In and Live PD on the A&E network. Has a slight left bias in reporting, but is well sourced.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/law-newz/

lol literal cuckold

Rofl law newz

Blake
03-02-2017, 02:54 PM
:lol Board libs fixating on the (admittedly horrible) name of a website because they can't defend their argument that Sessions lied.

Board libz

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 02:57 PM
Except he didn't lie.

he HID the FACT that he talked to the Russian, aka, LIE OF OMISSION.

As an admitted surrogate and campaign architect for Trash's campaign.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2017, 03:09 PM
He was asked twice if he had contact with the Russians without a qualifier stating that it was about the election.

Link of the video with time index please.

Did you watch the video?

It's on C-Span, and I didn't see that.

Thread
03-02-2017, 03:11 PM
All he has to do is be still and everything will be okay.

That's how SoS Clinton remained SoS.

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 03:14 PM

How is it a lie of omission? He wasn't asked about his duties with the Armed Forces Committee. He was asked whether or not he met with Russia on behalf of the Trump campaign. Meetings with the Russian ambassador that weren't related to Trump or the election are completely irrelevant to what Franken was asking.

Just because you and all other liberals are too stupid to understand the context of a question doesn't mean Sessions lied.

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Jeff Sessions was a leading Russia hawk. Then he signed on with Donald Trump.

What makes the Sessions-Kislyak meetings even more remarkable is that Sessions, for nearly 20 years, was considered among the most reliably hard-line of Russia hawks in the Senate.

That position began to change as the Alabama senator moved closer to candidate Donald Trump during the 2016 election cycle.

By the time he was fully a member of the Trump team, Sessions had changed his messaging on Russia so notably that it became a point of reportorial interest (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/08/15/sen-jeff-sessions-backs-donald-trump-russia-policy/88796584/), with USA Today noting (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/08/15/sen-jeff-sessions-backs-donald-trump-russia-policy/88796584/) that his “tough talk about the threat Russia poses to the U.S. and its allies in Europe” had “undergone some revisions.”

What changed for Jeff Sessions when he entered Trump’s orbit that turned him from a Russia hawk into someone eager to do business with the Kremlin?

And what does all this coziness between Trump administration surrogates and Moscow mean for US policy, the election, and the country?

Sessions used to warn that Putin wanted to put countries back under the “Soviet boot”

As a senator, Jeff Sessions was long known for tough talk on Russia and for advocating a strong missile defense system (in no small part because some of that industry is located in Alabama).

On the Senate floor in September 2008 (https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CREC-2008-09-17/html/CREC-2008-09-17-pt1-PgS8919.htm), Sessions detailed his thinking on the matter:

Russia's recent actions in Georgia remind us that country, which we once hoped was on a path to greater integration into the global world community, might again be seeking to restore old Soviet ideas of dominance throughout their neighbors and in Eastern Europe, all of which should serve as a motivation to move ahead with the necessary capabilities to defend ourselves and our allies from missile attack, in particular.

In the same speech, he complimented the Czech Republic and Poland for establishing missile shields against the “big neighbor to the East,” Russia.

He then turned to Russian President Vladimir Putin, who had just threatened to take action against former Eastern bloc nations that planned to house NATO missile defense systems on their territory.

I would suggest something more is at stake here, and I think it is something that the Poles and the Czechs and the Georgians and the Ukrainians and the Estonians and the Latvians and the Lithuanians understand full well, and that is that Putin desires to reestablish hegemony over the former Soviet satellites.

They think they have a right to tell Poland whether to undertake a military partnership with the United States.

They have no right whatsoever to do so. Poland is glad to be rid of them.

They are glad to be out from under the Soviet boot.

They have no intention whatsoever of allowing themselves to fall back under their dominance.

They have values that are close to our values.

They want to be part of our heritage and the Western heritage.

Those weren’t just words. Sessions was a Russia hawk when it came to legislation as well.

Sessions’s public criticism of Putin shaped how he voted in the Senate

In 2010, the Alabama senator voted against (http://blog.al.com/sweethome/2010/12/alabama_sens_richard_shelby_an_1.html) the New START treaty reducing nuclear weapons, arguing it made the United States too vulnerable. He made it very clear he felt the Russians were given too much in the deal, and the United States not enough.

“The Russians did not win with missile defense,” he said during debates over the treaty.

“They have already won and have attempted to codify it with this treaty.”

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/2/14790818/jeff-sessions-russia-attorney-general-lie-congress-perjury-recusal

So Trash and his team compromisled, "turned" Sessions from a hawk against Russia into a Pootin fellator.

I wonder what bait Trash offered Sessions to get him to endorse Trash so early, and to switch from Russia hawk to dove? AG?

Thread
03-02-2017, 03:18 PM
When was this

That [keep your doctor/keep your plan thingy].

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 03:21 PM

I'm not sure why you guys are falling on the sword for him on this. It would be one thing if we were discussing criminal charges but all that's really being asked for is an untainted investigation. If you think all of the Russia stuff is such a joke, you should welcome this.
Why should he have to recuse himself when he's done nothing wrong?

And the idea that a recusal will be enough to appease the left and the cuckservatives is hilarious. Give them an inch and they'll take ten miles. They won't be happy until Sessions gets Mike Flynned. Actually, they won't be happy until Trump's whole cabinet is replaced by status-quo globalists.

Thread
03-02-2017, 03:23 PM

And the idea that a recusal will be enough to appease the left and the cuckservatives is hilarious. Give them an inch and they'll take ten miles. They won't be happy until Sessions gets Mike Flynned. Actually, they won't be happy until Trump's whole cabinet is replaced by status-quo globalists.

Though while the Dems are covering the front door Tim Perry was just seen going into the EPA with a Savage over & under.

Spurminator
03-02-2017, 03:24 PM

Recusal isn't an admission of guilt, it's an admission of potential conflict of interest.

Slippery slope fallacy. If he recuses himself and no proof is found of any wrongdoing, they will have egg on their faces.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 03:25 PM
That [keep your doctor/keep your plan thingy].that wasn't under oath

Clipper Nation
03-02-2017, 03:34 PM
Recusal isn't an admission of guilt, it's an admission of potential conflict of interest.
He had a brief conversation with a foreign official as part of his job. Sessions isn't an idiot, there's zero reason to believe that this would be enough to bias his investigation in any way.

Slippery slope fallacy. If he recuses himself and no proof is found of any wrongdoing, they will have egg on their faces.
Not a fallacy. Just an understanding of how the political game is played. Cucking yourself never appeases the angry mob, it only emboldens them to keep pushing for more concessions.

Spurminator
03-02-2017, 03:38 PM
He had a brief conversation with a foreign official as part of his job. Sessions isn't an idiot, there's zero reason to believe that this would be enough to bias his investigation in any way.

He was a major policy advisor to the Trump campaign for more than a year before the election, and he's supposed to be trusted to conduct a fair review of an investigation into the Trump campaign?

The call is just more smoke. He should have recused himself even before this even came to light.

Thread
03-02-2017, 03:39 PM
that wasn't under oath

Yes, it was. He stood where Trump would stand and took the oath of office.

Hussein Obama lied. Sure, it wasn't about meeting Russians. It was only about billions of dollars robbed from millions of Americans.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Those of you accusing, prove it.

Time index please.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?420932-7/attorney-general-confirmation-hearing-day-1-part-4

Unless you want to remain useful stupid ignorant tools of propaganda

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Yes, it was. He stood where Trump would stand and took the oath of office.

Hussein Obama lied. Sure, it wasn't about meeting Russians. It was only about billions of dollars robbed from millions of Americans.
Taking an oath and being under oath are not the same cub. Being under oath is when you swear to tell the truth under the risk of perjury.

Thread
03-02-2017, 03:43 PM
Taking an oath and being under oath are not the same cub.

Why not?

Thread
03-02-2017, 03:43 PM
Sessions will hold a news conference in 15 minutes!

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Why not?
Doctors take an oath when they finish med school. But that doesn't mean they commit perjury whenever they lie from that point forward.

Now if they testify in court and are under oath, they could get jail time for lying during that hearing

Spurminator
Those of you accusing, prove it.

Time index please.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?420932-7/attorney-general-confirmation-hearing-day-1-part-4

Unless you want to remain useful stupid ignorant tools of propaganda

What are you asking for? Are you suggesting the quotes attributed to Sessions are fake?

Wild Cobra
That was part 4 of his confirmation hearing and where the offense is suppose to be exposed.

Now, here are parts 1-3:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?420932-1/attorney-general-nominee-jeff-sessions-testifies-confirmation-hearing

https://www.c-span.org/video/?420932-101/attorney-general-nominee-jeff-sessions-testifies-confirmation-hearing

https://www.c-span.org/video/?420932-6/attorney-general-confirmation-hearing-day-1-part-3

Please, back up what you guys are claiming, or remain seen as lying partisan hacks.

Thread
03-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Doctors take an oath when they finish med school. But that doesn't mean they commit perjury whenever they lie from that point forward.

Now if they testify in court and are under oath, they could get jail time for lying during that hearing

You're splittin' hairs, 21.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 03:46 PM
You're splittin' hairs, 21.
No, man. Taking an oath of office isn't swearing to tell the truth under penalty of perjury. Being under oath in front of Congress or a judge is different

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Again:

Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States,

Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose

when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russian-ambassador-sergey-kislyak-is-moscows-low-key-man-in-washington/2014/03/22/023bf46a-b122-11e3-a49e-76adc9210f19_story.html?utm_term=.7277525fc773)tha t

took place in September in the senator’s office,

at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?utm_term=.51ca4765b2f4)to upend the U.S. presidential race.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-spoke-twice-with-russian-ambassador-during-trumps-presidential-campaign-justice-officials-say/2017/03/01/77205eda-feac-11e6-99b4-9e613afeb09f_story.html?utm_term=.7803a6f97609

Sessions LIED BY OMISSION. GAME-FUCKING-OVER.

Recusal? Fuck no. Resignation from AG position is required.

monosylab1k
03-02-2017, 03:53 PM
That [keep your doctor/keep your plan thingy].

He wasn't under oath when he said that, you old retarded shit

Thread
03-02-2017, 03:53 PM

My ass.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 03:59 PM
He's under the impression that taking an oath of office means he's under oath

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320) this is the presidential oath. Nowhere does it say "I will not lie in office." When you are "under oath" you are promising not to lie under penalty of perjury

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

clambake
03-02-2017, 04:02 PM
He's under the impression that taking an oath of office means he's under oath

no, what he's saying is all his words should be oath worthy.

Thread
03-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320) this is the presidential oath. Nowhere does it say "I will not lie in office." When you are "under oath" you are promising not to lie under penalty of perjury

[[["I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States]]], and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

That includes TRUTH.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2017, 04:18 PM
You know, they were speaking of specific types of communication. Sessions meeting with Sergey Kislyak those two times, the question was about Russian emissaries related to the election. It would be silly to think a senator never spoke with someone who was a Russian citizen during that time, with the events of Syria, Crimea, International Space Station, etc. going on.

The response, in context, was clearly about the election.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2017, 04:20 PM
“Last year, the Senator had over 25 conversations with foreign ambassadors as a senior member of the Armed Services Committee, including the British, Korean, Japanese, Polish, Indian, Chinese, Canadian, Australian, German and Russian ambassadors,” Flores wrote. “He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign--not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeff-sessions-spoke-twice-with-russian-envoy-during-presidential-campaign/

When will you Obama cock suckers wake up and smell the truth, instead of the shit the DNC puts out?

clambake
03-02-2017, 04:22 PM
why didn't he just say he couldn't recall?

Thread
03-02-2017, 04:24 PM

He was afraid he wouldn't get confirmed then. Dollars to donuts they had [[[the info]]] then and walked him right to the rocks.

Chances are 50/50 he'll end up without a job within a fortnite.

Blake
03-02-2017, 04:26 PM
That was part 4 of his confirmation hearing and where the offense is suppose to be exposed.

Now, here are parts 1-3:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?420932-1/attorney-general-nominee-jeff-sessions-testifies-confirmation-hearing

https://www.c-span.org/video/?420932-101/attorney-general-nominee-jeff-sessions-testifies-confirmation-hearing

https://www.c-span.org/video/?420932-6/attorney-general-confirmation-hearing-day-1-part-3

Please, back up what you guys are claiming, or remain seen as lying partisan hacks.

When Sessions was asked during his 10 January testimony to the Senate judiciary committee how he would respond if he learned of communications between the Trump campaign and Russian officials leading up to the election, he said he was “not aware of any of those activities”.

He added: “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

He had communication with the Russians.

TheSanityAnnex
03-02-2017, 04:26 PM

39 times seems to be the magic number

Blake
03-02-2017, 04:28 PM
“Last year, the Senator had over 25 conversations with foreign ambassadors as a senior member of the Armed Services Committee, including the British, Korean, Japanese, Polish, Indian, Chinese, Canadian, Australian, German and Russian ambassadors,” Flores wrote. “He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign--not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee.”

When will you Obama cock suckers wake up and smell the truth, instead of the shit the DNC puts out?

Sorry, that wasn't me, but this is:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Misc/bowling.jpg

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 04:30 PM
That includes TRUTH.
I quoted the full oath. Doesn't say "truth"

Thread
03-02-2017, 04:33 PM
I quoted the full oath. Doesn't say "truth"

It's implied.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 04:35 PM
It's implied.
Runnin just as fast as you can

SnakeBoy
03-02-2017, 04:36 PM

Context matters

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.3-Xg2Ht6k3voUDFEf_B16wEsDw&pid=15.1

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 04:36 PM
He recused himself from Russia investigation

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 04:38 PM
Sessions recused, not Lynch

Blake
03-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Context matters

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.3-Xg2Ht6k3voUDFEf_B16wEsDw&pid=15.1

I agree. He should have made the context of his statements clearer to avoid this mess.

Blake
03-02-2017, 04:43 PM

If nothing else I'm glad that came out of this

baseline bum
03-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Sessions recused, not Lynch

Not enough, nigga needs to be sacked like Flynn.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Link of the video with time index please.

Did you watch the video?

It's on C-Span, and I didn't see that.

It's in the article of the OP. Who cares what you believe, dim?

Still waiting for some alternate context.

DarrinS
03-02-2017, 04:54 PM

He said he would recuse himself from any investigation dealing with the campaign.

Thread
03-02-2017, 04:56 PM
If nothing else I'm glad that came out of this

I'd settle for that. Though the Dems never give an inch. Nothing. Zip. Nada. Zero. Us? We last less than 24 hours then put a finger down our throat to throw up thinking that it will be better then. It never is, but, we never change our MO.

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 04:58 PM
He said he would recuse himself from any investigation dealing with the campaign.
That encompasses the alleged Russian communication with trumps team

Wild Cobra
03-02-2017, 05:06 PM

Can you show it was about the campaign?

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Beauregard recuses himself from Russian investigation

boutons_deux
03-02-2017, 05:09 PM

Contents dont matter, he LIED by OMISSION, obviously knowing he was guilty

Blake
03-02-2017, 05:13 PM

I don't care to.

He said he didn't communicate with Russians. He did.

Is it perjury? I don't really care.

I want to know why he was talking to Russians when he said he wasn't.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2017, 05:23 PM
I don't care to.

He said he didn't communicate with Russians. He did.

Is it perjury? I don't really care.

It's not perjury because he was responding specifically about speaking to Russians in regard to the election.

How can you guys be so fucking stupid?

Context is important, but liberals are too fucking stupid to understand that.

Blake
03-02-2017, 05:34 PM
It's not perjury because he was responding specifically about speaking to Russians in regard to the election.

I very clearly said I don't care about the perjury issue.

Not even a context thing, it's right there in plain words for you, retard.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2017, 05:44 PM
I very clearly said I don't care about the perjury issue.

Not even a context thing, it's right there in plain words for you, retard.

So what's your problem then?

Blake
03-02-2017, 05:52 PM

mavsfan1000
03-02-2017, 06:48 PM

The question was if he discussed the Trump administration with Russia. And he hasn't. He was responding to the confusing question by Al Franken. Sessions is an honest man.

Thread
03-02-2017, 06:49 PM
The question was if he discussed the Trump administration with Russia. And he hasn't. He was responding to the confusing question by Al Franken. Sessions is an honest man.

Then he should not have recused himself. He should have found a wall, got his back up against it and took them one at a time as they came in.

baseline bum
03-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Then he should not have recused himself. He should have found a wall, got his back up against it and took them one at a time as they came in.

Bend over. Then you can take them one at a time.

clambake
03-02-2017, 07:33 PM

this. i'm starting to smell chickenshit over their thin skin.

benefactor
03-02-2017, 08:02 PM
:lol...Jesus...Trump's cabinet is a shitshow

Thread
03-02-2017, 08:04 PM
this. i'm starting to smell chickenshit over their thin skin.

Yep. There was no need to fire Flynn. There was no need for Sessions to recuse himself. Spot your wife/this is when the better/worse verse comes in more than handy, get shoulder-to-shoulder with her & stand fast. After you've [won] you & her lodge with all the other victories you've notched during the marriage this victory.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 08:09 PM

No, he was asked whether or not parties associated with campaign, which he was, spoke with the Russians. He was not asked if they spoke about the campaign. There was also the questionnaire he was given where the campaign was not mentioned at all when asked about foreign contact where he again denied it.

You would buy into their obfuscation as you are a notorious simpleton. Nuance is opaqueness to you.

Why would a Senate AG confirmation hearing limit their concerns to the campaign? Your critical thinking skills are terrible.

benefactor
03-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Yep. There was no need to fire Flynn. There was no need for Sessions to recuse himself. Spot your wife/this is when the better/worse verse comes in more than handy, get shoulder-to-shoulder with her & stand fast. After you've [won] you & her lodge with all the other victories you've notched during the marriage this victory.
I respect that you can at least admit that there are cracks in the foundation, Dale.

benefactor
03-02-2017, 08:11 PM
No, he was asked whether or not parties associated with campaign, which he was, spoke with the Russians. He was not asked if they spoke about the campaign. There was also the questionnaire he was given where the campaign was not mentioned at all when asked about foreign contact where he again denied it.

You would buy into their obfuscation as you are a notorious simpleton. Nuance is opaqueness to you.

Why would a Senate AG confirmation hearing limit their concerns to the campaign? Your critical thinking skills are terrible.
:lol...I have no horse in this race, but you are ever the fucking try hard with all of your big words. I could do that too, but then I'd look like you and why in the fuck would I want to do that?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 08:13 PM

If he was confused by that question then he has no business being AG. The question was in the OP and blue team is eating up the WH obfuscation campaign like the pile of shit it is.

I suppose you think that he was confused by the questionnaire that he put falsehoods on too?

mavsfan1000
03-02-2017, 08:25 PM
If he was confused by that question then he has no business being AG. The question was in the OP and blue team is eating up the WH obfuscation campaign like the pile of shit it is.

I suppose you think that he was confused by the questionnaire that he put falsehoods on too?
Everyone makes mistakes. The lefty media is so good at leaving things out to make it seem like you lied. But his response was to the question. But yes he could've made it more clear. Oh well.

rmt
03-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Do people not understand context? Lifting Sessions' answer and saying that what he said (in isolation) is a lie is disingenuous. He is referring to a very specific question (as a surrogate) - not saying that he never spoke to the Russians in his capacity as senator. Must they blow everything out of proportion?

DarrinS
03-02-2017, 08:50 PM

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 08:50 PM
:lol...I have no horse in this race, but you are ever the fucking try hard with all of your big words. I could do that too, but then I'd look like you and why in the fuck would I want to do that?

What words do you consider big?

You think I have to try to come up with them?

DarrinS
03-02-2017, 08:54 PM
What words do you consider big?

You think I have to try to come up with them?

:cry Why don't people like my epic posts? :cry

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Do people not understand context? Lifting Sessions' answer and saying that what he said (in isolation) is a lie is disingenuous. He is referring to a very specific question (as a surrogate) - not saying that he never spoke to the Russians in his capacity as senator. Must they blow everything out of proportion?

The context is that he was a senior campaign advisor concurrent with his serving as a Senator and concurrent with his meeting with the Russian ambassador.

The question was whether or not anyone in the Trump campaign, which he was, had to his knowledge contact with the Russians.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 08:57 PM
:cry Why don't people like my epic posts? :cry

I'm confrontational and call people out. Most people do not like that. Try again this time with a different angle, dim.

Thread
03-02-2017, 08:58 PM
I respect that you can at least admit that there are cracks in the foundation, Dale.

If he's still there in 4 years I win. If he's still there in 8 years I win.

DarrinS
03-02-2017, 08:59 PM
I'm confrontational and call people out. Most people do not like that. Try again this time with a different angle, dim.

Nah, you just have a dickish personality. Good luck with that.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-02-2017, 09:01 PM
:cry Fuzzy is a dick to me :cry

We both know that is what this is about. I don't suffer stupidity. Stop being stupid and I will leave you alone.

I'm not here to make friends. Given the amount of duplicity that goes on that would be foolish to say the least.

TheSanityAnnex
03-02-2017, 09:04 PM
There was also the questionnaire he was given where the campaign was not mentioned at all when asked about foreign contact where he again denied it.

If you are speaking about the questionnaire sent by Senator Patrick Leahy you are wrong.

Leahy-Several of the President-Elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after Election Day?
Sessions-No.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Sessions%20Responses%20to%20Leahy%20QFRs.pdf

baseline bum
03-02-2017, 09:28 PM

A guy mentored by Roy Cohn wants to talk witch hunts. :lol

mavsfan1000
03-02-2017, 09:31 PM
We all win in that case. Trump is great for America.

Thread
03-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Trump is great for America.

That's it and that's all.

DarrinS
03-02-2017, 09:50 PM
A guy mentored by Roy Cohn wants to talk witch hunts. :lol

Good point

Blake
03-02-2017, 10:42 PM
Sessions is an honest man.

Good lord man.

Blake
03-02-2017, 10:43 PM

If he's still here in 8 years America loses.

But make yourself a trophy tho

ducks
03-02-2017, 10:59 PM
Trump has done more for the country since Ronald Reagan in 41 days

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 11:42 PM
Trump has done more for the country since Ronald Reagan in 41 dayshe gave one speech that wasn't psychotic. quite the bar

Thread
03-02-2017, 11:43 PM
Trump is great for America.

That's it and that's all.

hater
03-02-2017, 11:49 PM
he gave one speech that wasn't psychotic. quite the bar

Beats killing ur ambassador and cheating your way to the white house to start WW3 tbqh

baseline bum
03-03-2017, 12:11 AM
he gave one speech that wasn't psychotic. quite the bar

His next one should be quite the meltdown after his boy Sessions was exposed. :lol

mavsfan1000
03-03-2017, 12:29 AM
His next one should be quite the meltdown after his boy Sessions was exposed. :lol
Exposed? You just don't like his weed crackdown policy. :lol

baseline bum
03-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Exposed? You just don't like his weed crackdown policy. :lol

I fucking hate weed.

mavsfan1000
03-03-2017, 12:43 AM
I fucking hate weed.
First thing we agree on. :tu

rmt
03-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Do anyone think that Sessions is just not slick enough to be Attorney General - that he might be "too honest" for this position? Since he was asked a hypothetical question, shouldn't he have deflected like all these smooth talking politicians? When I listen to him, it's almost like he's thinking too long on what he'll say - not like KellyAnne from whom the words just pour out of her mouth and she answers every question with a glib, practiced ease.

That weed crackdown must be a pet project of his (like Ivanka's paid maternity leave). With so many states legalizing it, that's a ship that's sailed - save your political capital for something else like (corporate) tax reform/repatriation and Obamacare.

rmt
03-03-2017, 06:46 AM
Does anyone - still can't edit my posts. Please, please, moderator or whoever, work your magic and get rid of this phishing thing.

baseline bum
03-03-2017, 07:00 AM
Do anyone think that Sessions is just not slick enough to be Attorney General - that he might be "too honest" for this position?

boutons_deux
03-03-2017, 07:07 AM
""too honest" for this position"

Sessions is a 40-year pol from AL, which means he's "law and order" racist to the core.

And no principles, switching from decades of being strongly anti-Russia to pro-Russia when Trump dangled bait, suckering Sessions into being on of Trash's earliest endorsers while establishment Repugs wouldn't touch Trash.

He's really too stupid. Even Colbert joked that Sessions responded to questions with answers that implicated himself. REALLY stupid. That stupidity gets by with the good ol' boy club in AL, but Sessions is clearly way out of his depth and corrupted by Trash.

Sessions as AG is Trash's "law and order" racist, white male supremacist, would be gutting the DoJ civil rights dept, just the Repugs did 2001-2008.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2017, 07:12 AM

Chinook
03-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Dude lied under oath because he was too honest. Makes sense.

boutons_deux
03-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Repug Comey trashed Hillary, now protecting Trash

Top House Democrat Accuses FBI Director James Comey Of Withholding Info From Congress

According to Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), FBI Director James Comey is withholding information from Congress about the investigations into Donald Trump and Russia

Rep. Schiff said, “I would say at this point we know less than a fraction of what the FBI knows.

I appreciate we had a long briefing and testimony from the director today, but in order for us to do our investigation in a thorough and credible way, we’re gonna need the FBI to fully cooperate, to be willing to tell us the length and breadth of any counterintelligence investigations they are conducting.

At this point, the director was not willing to do that.”

The top-ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee is calling out the FBI Director for preventing the committee from doing a full investigation by withholding information.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/03/02/top-house-democrat-accuses-fbi-director-james-comey-withholding-info-congress.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politi cus+USA+%29

benefactor
03-03-2017, 09:15 AM
I've long stopped trying to make sense of anything she says.

Blake
03-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Do anyone think that Sessions is just not slick enough to be Attorney General - that he might be "too honest" for this position?

Wtf

Blake
03-03-2017, 11:04 AM

Lol

Chinook
03-03-2017, 11:19 AM
I think she's trying to say that Sessions might not be guileful enough to be a top politician. Maybe there's truth to that. But it wouldn't be because he's too honest. It would be because he's too dumb to not lie about something that can be easily found out -- especially if you could just say it wasn't about the campaign.

boutons_deux
03-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Trump said no one from his campaign met with Russia, but at least 4 people did

Both Trump and Pence falsely claimed the campaign had not been in contact with Putin’s regime.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-lied-about-campaign-russian-contacts-9a3e8e464f63#.jc7h8eew5

So much SMOKE, there HAS to be FIRE.

boutons_deux
03-03-2017, 12:28 PM
EPA Chief and "Polluter's Tool" Pruitt Lied to Senate About Private Email Use

Pruitt is now the fifth member of Trump's cabinet to be caught having lied during confirmation hearings

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/03/03/epa-chief-and-polluters-tool-pruitt-lied-senate-about-private-email-use

rmt
03-03-2017, 01:07 PM
I think she's trying to say that Sessions might not be guileful enough to be a top politician. Maybe there's truth to that. But it wouldn't be because he's too honest. It would be because he's too dumb to not lie about something that can be easily found out -- especially if you could just say it wasn't about the campaign.

Thank you for seeing my meaning in the context of the other words around it. "honest" was not the right word to use - guileless is much more accurate but seeing as I can't edit my posts because of this phishing thing... He could have deflected, or said I don't deal in hypotheticals or (like Hillary) I do not recall. And the way he hesitates when he speaks, it's almost like English is his second language or he's so afraid now to misspeak :-)

And that Russian Ambassador has become persona non grata - no one wants to be seen in public with him :-)

DarrinS
03-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Pssst. Who's that on the couch with legs crossed?

https://www.bu.edu/today/files/2010/03/russia_amb.jpg

leemajors
03-03-2017, 01:08 PM

Your comprehension is extremely poor.

DarrinS
03-03-2017, 01:12 PM
About those meetings with Sessions:

The first came at a conference on “Global Partners in Diplomacy,” where Sessions was the keynote speaker. Sponsored by the U.S. State Department, The Heritage Foundation, and several other organizations, it was held in Cleveland during the Republican National Convention.

The conference was an educational program for ambassadors invited by the Obama State Department to observe the convention. The Obama State Department handled all of the coordination with ambassadors and their staff, of which there were about 100 at the conference.

Apparently, after Sessions finished speaking, a small group of ambassadors—including the Russian ambassador—approached the senator as he left the stage and thanked him for his remarks.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2017, 01:12 PM

I don't think you know the difference between disclosed and undisclosed.

DarrinS
03-03-2017, 01:17 PM

How would you classify the "meeting" described in post right above yours?

Chinook
03-03-2017, 01:18 PM

To be fair, that's like flammable, inflammable and uninflammable

TheSanityAnnex
03-03-2017, 01:53 PM

:rollin

hater
03-03-2017, 01:59 PM
:lmao Trump going in that fake news hype :lmao

Mon nigro

hater
03-03-2017, 01:59 PM
:lmao ma niga Trump stealing my shtick tbh

Everyone panic!!!

mavsfan1000
03-03-2017, 02:04 PM

boutons_deux
03-03-2017, 02:07 PM

as said elsewhere, disclosed and undisclosed, makes ALL the difference.

Trash LIED that he hadn't called Russia in 10 years. Why did he LIE?

Has Chuck LIED about any contacts with Pootin?

Trill Clinton
03-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Dang, cheetolini looks desperate asf. He's grasping for anything he can to deflect.

hater
03-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Dang, cheetolini looks desperate asf. He's grasping for anything he can to deflect.

Because democrats and media whoring the Deep State leaks is nit desperate :rolleyes

FuzzyLumpkins
03-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Of course our local GOPophants never consider that what we know they lied about regarding meetings with the Russians isn't the extent of it. Darrin is already pulling the "LOOK OBAMA!" card.

Meanwhile the GOP dug furiously self assured for years regarding Benghazi. We've found more GOP/Russian smoking guns in a few months without an official probe than the 5 house Benghazi committees ever found. Yet GOP lawmakers continue to do little to nothing.

TheSanityAnnex
03-03-2017, 04:26 PM
smoking gun smoking gun smoking gun

monosylab1k
03-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Well that backfired quickly.

boutons_deux
03-03-2017, 04:47 PM

clambake
03-03-2017, 05:10 PM
pretty funny that fox was showing trump's tweets but wouldn't show schumer's response tweet.

Trill Clinton
03-03-2017, 05:21 PM
pretty funny that fox was showing trump's tweets but wouldn't show schumer's response tweet.

Facts. Schumer came back with the haymakers

TheSanityAnnex
03-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Facts. Schumer came back with the haymakers

And fox responds with a low blow!

Schumer pulled visa strings for Indian athlete now accused of child sex abuse
A snowshoe racer from India whose entry into the U.S. to compete was made possible by Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer was being held Friday in a New York jail on a sex charge.
The U.S. embassy in New Delhi last month rejected Tanveer Hussain’s application for a visa so he could compete in the World Snowshoe Championship in upstate. Local officials then intervened on Hussain’s behalf, appealing for help to the offices of Schumer and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y. Their offices reached out to the New Delhi embassy, which allowed Hussain to reapply for a visa and granted that visa.

“Obviously, this is a troubling matter for him — these are troubling accusations,” Brian Barrett, Hussain’s lawyer, told Fox News over the phone. “He is in good spirits and he looks forward to fighting these charges.”
Saranac Lake Police Chief Charles Potthast told Fox News that the charges, one of first-degree sexual abuse, a felony, and another of endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor, stem from Hussain “engaging in a passionate kiss” with a 12-year-old girl, and accusations of the athlete touching her over her clothing in an “intimate area.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/03/athlete-whom-senators-helped-enter-us-to-compete-now-in-sex-abuse-case.html

DarrinS
03-03-2017, 05:42 PM

A snowshoe racer from India ...

wtf :lol

Trill Clinton
03-03-2017, 06:06 PM

A snowshoe racer from India whose entry into the U.S. to compete was made possible by Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer was being held Friday in a New York jail on a sex charge.
The U.S. embassy in New Delhi last month rejected Tanveer Hussain’s application for a visa so he could compete in the World Snowshoe Championship in upstate. Local officials then intervened on Hussain’s behalf, appealing for help to the offices of Schumer and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y. Their offices reached out to the New Delhi embassy, which allowed Hussain to reapply for a visa and granted that visa.

“Obviously, this is a troubling matter for him — these are troubling accusations,” Brian Barrett, Hussain’s lawyer, told Fox News over the phone. “He is in good spirits and he looks forward to fighting these charges.”
Saranac Lake Police Chief Charles Potthast told Fox News that the charges, one of first-degree sexual abuse, a felony, and another of endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor, stem from Hussain “engaging in a passionate kiss” with a 12-year-old girl, and accusations of the athlete touching her over her clothing in an “intimate area.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/03/athlete-whom-senators-helped-enter-us-to-compete-now-in-sex-abuse-case.html so schumer is an old white guy suspected of promoting pedophilia? water is wet:lol

that has nothing to do with him shutting down his critics in 2 tweets

djohn2oo8
03-03-2017, 06:25 PM
lol Chuck went Ivan Drago with those blows. "If he dies, he dies"

Spurminator
03-03-2017, 07:25 PM

Are you guys actually this stupid or is it just schtick?

Because this makes you look really stupid.

TheSanityAnnex
03-03-2017, 07:27 PM

Because this makes you look really stupid.Do you lack a sense of humor?

Spurminator
03-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Do you lack a sense of humor?

I have a great sense of humor. The best.

But I think those posts would only be funny to someone who is either mocking the ridiculous equivalency or who fundamentally misunderstands this whole thing.

TheSanityAnnex
03-03-2017, 07:40 PM

But I think those posts would only be funny to someone who is either mocking the ridiculous equivalency or who fundamentally misunderstands this whole thing.
Trump is mocking the entire ordeal with those two tweets.
Do you think he will open investigations on Schumer and Pelosi? :lol

Thread
03-03-2017, 07:40 PM

I'll just bet you think that.

Spurminator
03-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Trump is mocking the entire ordeal with those two tweets.
Do you think he will open investigations on Schumer and Pelosi? :lol

No, that would be pointless. I think Trump is trying to reframe the debate for stupid people.

AaronY
03-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Lmao jesus what a dumbass http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/03/president-trump-its-spelled-h-e-r-e-b-y.html

TheSanityAnnex
03-03-2017, 07:52 PM
No, that would be pointless. I think Trump is trying to reframe the debate for stupid people.
Your sense of humor is not "the best" then.

Th'Pusher
03-03-2017, 09:45 PM

This is correct. Trump knows his uninformed base will look at those photos of Obama, Schumer and Pelosi with the Russian ambassador and equate them with what Sessions is being accused while crying hypocrisy. TSA and DarrinS are having red herring for breakfast lunch and dinner.

DarrinS
03-03-2017, 10:42 PM
This is correct. Trump knows his uninformed base will look at those photos of Obama, Schumer and Pelosi with the Russian ambassador and equate them with what Sessions is being accused while crying hypocrisy. TSA and DarrinS are having red herring for breakfast lunch and dinner.

400 lb Super spy :lol

Th'Pusher
03-03-2017, 11:40 PM

President Trump exposing both Schumer and Pelosi as hypocrites. They got pictures of both meeting up with Putin. :lol

Exactly, my level headed friend.

They can dish it, but, they cannot take it.

400 lb Super spy :lol

Sorry, what was it that you were laughing about?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-04-2017, 01:59 AM
I actually would be giddy if Schumer was sacked. But I realize that he was not asked questions regarding relations with the Russians under oath so it is much ado over nothing.

And :lol at Darrin's ignorance regarding the relationship between foreign ambassadors and intelligence services boiling down to comments on the guy being a fattie.

BanditHiro
03-04-2017, 02:28 AM
lol 2003 was before Putin became well Putin and there was even talks of Russia joining the EU lol...but by all means let's investigate everyone who had Russians ties. I'm sure everybody would love to see every congressman/woman and Senate member and members the executive branch be investigated.

Thread
03-04-2017, 03:11 AM
lol 2003 was before Putin became well Putin and there was even talks of Russia joining the EU lol...but by all means let's investigate everyone who had Russians ties. I'm sure everybody would love to see every congressman/woman and Senate member and members the executive branch be investigated.

What's good for the goose, is sauce for the gander.

They took up with the wrong motherfucker when they took up with Trump.

Let us proceed...

hater
03-04-2017, 08:25 AM

Because this makes you look really stupid.

Are you really this dumb? Trumps tweet is obviously trying to show the "spy" met with all kinds of politicians doing his role as an ambassador. Hes no "super spy" as media was making out to be.

A meeting with him is nothing wrong

pgardn
03-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Are you really this dumb? Trumps tweet is obviously trying to show the "spy" met with all kinds of politicians doing his role as an ambassador. Hes no "super spy" as media was making out to be.

Exactly. The meetings may be strange based on past protocol, but there is nothing wrong. So why lie about it?

Being photographed with the fat guy, and having a personal meeting scheduled and occurring in your offfice with the fat guy, are not the same type of meeting however. Republicans trying to take the Neanderthal tactics away from the Democrats to try and sway the public.

And ambassadors attempt to buddy up to the country they work in. We do somewhat the same thing. Of course one purpose of having a "safe haven" in the opponents country is to try and influence and gather information. Fat guys can be stealthy, just ask Avante. You continually make the same mistake over and over thinking the US is the only country that tries to muscle, cajole, sweet talk, interfere with other countries.

in2deep
03-04-2017, 09:52 AM

in2deep
03-04-2017, 09:52 AM

in2deep
03-04-2017, 09:53 AM

TheGreatYacht
03-04-2017, 11:13 AM
^ imagine taking those tweets seriously:lol

boutons_deux
03-04-2017, 01:20 PM
 This Isn’t ‘a Total Witch Hunt!’—Jeff Sessions Is in Real Trouble

Recusal is the first step, but he’ll ultimately have to resign.

No o one should lie under oath, but doing so ought to disqualify an attorney-general nominee from the job. However, that’s essentially what Attorney General Jeff Sessions admitted doing Thursday afternoon (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/02/transcript-of-jeff-sessionss-recusal-press-conference-annotated/?utm_term=.5dd4369d9d4e)

Sessions’s explanation for failing to tell the Senate Judiciary Committee about his meetings with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak raised more questions than it answered. His demeanor was at times oddly flippant and unprofessional

In fact, Sessions wasn’t being asked about his own meetings with Russian officials. In the confirmation hearing, Franken summarized a news story that reported on a “continuing exchange of information” between Russian officials and Trump advisers, and then asked Sessions what he would do “if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign.”

In retrospect, Sessions’s dishonest answer is even stranger. “I’m not aware of any of those activities,” Sessions told Franken, adding,

“I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign, and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

Why Sessions chose to give an answer about his own contact with the Russians—when Franken hadn’t asked about that—is a mystery that we can only hope ongoing investigations will explain.

the revelation that the Kislyak meeting was on his calendar, and that senior staffers attended with him, makes it even more remarkable that Sessions didn’t disclose it to the Senate Judiciary Committee

Thursday also brought new revelations that not just Sessions but

Trump son-in-law and top adviser Jared Kushner, along with foreign policy advisers Carter Page and J.D. Gordon, all met with Kislyak last year—after Trump himself, and most top administration officials, strenuously denied any such meetings.

https://www.thenation.com/article/this-isnt-a-total-witch-hunt-jeff-sessions-is-in-real-trouble/

Spurminator
03-04-2017, 01:56 PM

I think Trump is trying to reframe the debate for stupid people.

Case in point.

boutons_deux
03-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Heartbroken Russian Ambassador Thought Special Meetings With Jeff Sessions Were Very Memorable

http://i.onionstatic.com/onion/5631/5/16x9/1920.jpg

WASHINGTON—Expressing surprise and sadness at Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ repeated denials of contact with Russian officials during the 2016 presidential campaign, heartbroken Ambassador Sergey Kislyak told reporters Thursday that he thought his special meetings with the then–Alabama senator were actually very memorable.

“To be honest, our two conversations hold great significance for me, and

I can’t help but be upset to learn that Jeff felt otherwise,” said the tearful Russian diplomat,

http://www.theonion.com/article/heartbroken-russian-ambassador-thought-special-mee-55432?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing (http://www.theonion.com/article/heartbroken-russian-ambassador-thought-special-mee-55432?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing)