PDA

View Full Version : Pope suggests it's better to be an atheist than a bad Christian

phyzik
03-02-2017, 05:01 AM
Face it, most of you Christians are horrible when you consider the way you all act. :toast

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/world/pope-atheists-again/

monosylab1k
03-02-2017, 10:50 AM
A little early to be hitting the sauce

DAF86
03-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Pope is a closet atheist, tbh.

Chris
03-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Catholicism has been taking advantage of and slamming Christians for hundreds of years; no real surprise here. These people are Luciferians to the core and it's sad that so many Christians are being misled.

03-02-2017, 02:07 PM
Pope is a closet atheist, tbh.
tbh

spurraider21
03-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Pope is a closet atheist, tbh.so was jesus and every other religious leader ever tbh

Avante
03-02-2017, 03:08 PM
The most messed up people I know are atheists.

Blake
03-02-2017, 04:31 PM

You don't get out much then, fatty.

Darth_Pelican
03-02-2017, 06:10 PM

Then why do priests have such a high rate of sexually abusing children?

DAF86
03-02-2017, 06:52 PM

The bast majority of the most fucked up happenings in the World are religion related, tbh.

Avante
03-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Then why do priests have such a high rate of sexually abusing children?

What about.....I KNOW....confused you?

Avante
03-02-2017, 07:56 PM
The bast majority of the most fucked up happenings in the World are religion related, tbh.

What does that have to do with the most messed up people ....I KNOW...are atheists?

But....

The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.
The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot (http://www.spurstalk.com/Atheism_and_Hell). For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand.

Avante
03-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Have never found anything good about being an atheist.

Hmmmmm?

Religion has "enormous potential for lowering the risk of substance abuse among teens and adults," according to the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse. They report that adults and teens who consider religion to be very important and who attend religious services weekly or more often are "far less likely to smoke, drink or use illicit drugs." In addition, those battling addiction who attend spiritually-based support programs as part of their treatment "are more likely to maintain sobriety." By contrast, adults who never attend religious services are "almost seven times likelier to drink, three times likelier to smoke, more than five times likelier to have used an illicit drug other than marijuana, almost seven times likelier to binge drink and almost eight times likelier to use marijuana" than adults who attend religious services at least once a week.
Research also indicates that teenagers who are involved in religious activities are half as likely to have substance abuse problems as those who are not. In addition, spirituality has been found to help teens overcome genetic tendencies for alcoholism, social pressure, and a family history of abuse.[6] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-6)

DMC
03-02-2017, 10:07 PM
A little early to be hitting the sauce

Depends on if he ever went to bed.

DMC
03-02-2017, 10:11 PM
People are fucked up. Back when the clergy dictated to the laity and kept them in fear of what they weren't even allowed to read, religion worked. Now that everyone reads it, there are endless forms of self centered exegesis and now the fucked up people have the weapon of eternal life coupled with moral superiority.

Think about it, wars are being waged over which adult's pretend sky daddy has the most authority. These are adults.

At least with the secular atheist, you have an asshole who has no divine edict to be an asshole, he just chooses to be one.

Blake
03-02-2017, 10:54 PM
What about.....I KNOW....confused you?

Right, you don't get out of your dusty almanac filled basement much. We get it

Blake
03-02-2017, 10:56 PM
Have never found anything good about being an atheist.

Hmmmmm?

Religion has "enormous potential for lowering the risk of substance abuse among teens and adults," according to the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse. They report that adults and teens who consider religion to be very important and who attend religious services weekly or more often are "far less likely to smoke, drink or use illicit drugs." In addition, those battling addiction who attend spiritually-based support programs as part of their treatment "are more likely to maintain sobriety." By contrast, adults who never attend religious services are "almost seven times likelier to drink, three times likelier to smoke, more than five times likelier to have used an illicit drug other than marijuana, almost seven times likelier to binge drink and almost eight times likelier to use marijuana" than adults who attend religious services at least once a week.
Research also indicates that teenagers who are involved in religious activities are half as likely to have substance abuse problems as those who are not. In addition, spirituality has been found to help teens overcome genetic tendencies for alcoholism, social pressure, and a family history of abuse.[6] (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#cite_note-6)

Oh sounds like teens should become Muslims

DAF86
03-03-2017, 01:09 AM
What does that have to do with the most messed up people ....I KNOW...are atheists?

But....

The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.
The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot (http://www.spurstalk.com/Atheism_and_Hell). For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand.

Where do you get your stats, tbh?

Do you have the numbers for cults and colonization deaths?

spurraider21
03-03-2017, 03:43 AM
if a psycho murderer just happened to be christian/muslim/atheist... makes no difference. its just as relevant as his hair color, favorite movie, and thoughts on poetry. i mean do you attribute stalin's atrocity to his views on religion? or communism?

on the other hand... if somebody killed in the name of christianity, in the name of islam, or in the name of atheism, in that his belief system was the core motivation... that's when it becomes relevant because it possibly could have been prevented if not for the belief system

there have been plenty of good atheists, bad atheists, good christians, bad christians, good muslims, bad muslims. an evil atheist will commit evil acts because he's evil. same with an evil christian or muslim.

benefactor
03-03-2017, 08:56 AM
People are fucked up. Back when the clergy dictated to the laity and kept them in fear of what they weren't even allowed to read, religion worked. Now that everyone reads it, there are endless forms of self centered exegesis and now the fucked up people have the weapon of eternal life coupled with moral superiority.

Think about it, wars are being waged over which adult's pretend sky daddy has the most authority. These are adults.

At least with the secular atheist, you have an asshole who has no divine edict to be an asshole, he just chooses to be one.
:tu

Big Empty
03-03-2017, 09:22 AM
We are all hypocrates. BUT, I think the ones that bother him the most are the "Christians" who are overjoyed to see a family split apart because of a law. Lets be honest, nothing Christian about that. If Jesus really did come back do you think he would respect any countrys laws, flags or traditions? No more than you going in your back yard and going to each ant pile and demanding a meeting with the queen ant ha

Avante
03-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Where do you get your stats, tbh?

Do you have the numbers for cults and colonization deaths?

How about drug and alcohol abuse with atheists?

Why must we have a president with a belief in God (even if he's faking it)? A..."I'm an atheist"...would stand no chance.

DAF86
03-03-2017, 11:41 AM
How about drug and alcohol abuse with atheists?

Why must we have a president with a belief in God (even if he's faking it)? A..."I'm an atheist"...would stand no chance.

How about drug and alcohol abuse with religious people?

And that thing with the presidents is an outdated retarded shit, kinda like when women couldn't vote. Someday society will evolve from it, tbh.

Avante
03-03-2017, 11:51 AM
How about drug and alcohol abuse with religious people?

And that thing with the presidents is an outdated retarded shit, kinda like when women couldn't vote. Someday society will evolve from it, tbh.

Why do you think I mentioned atheists and drug/alcohol abuse?

The Studies

Generally speaking, the research indicates that people who don’t identify with a particular religion or regularly attend church are more likely to abuse alcohol, tobacco, or illicit drugs. It’s difficult to measure a person’s level of religious affiliation, but the regularity of church attendance is generally considered the best approach. A report from University of Michigan and University of Pittsburgh researchers shows that only 26.3 percent of those who attend services once a week or more are drinkers, compared to 54.5 percent of people who never attend religious services. This trend continues for teens who report using marijuana who attend church weekly and who never attend. Similarly, a survey from Columbia University shows that 19 percent of teens who attend religious services weekly had consumed alcohol in the month prior to the survey compared to 32 percent who attend once a month.

And no there will NEVER be a "known, proud to be" atheist as our President.

Like you and everyone reading this I can't drive 20 miles in any direction and not see some church. And there will never be a time..."In God We Trust"... is removed off our money. They will never shit can Christmas and Easter. Schools like BYU, Villanova, Notre Dame, Abilene Christian, Dallas Baptist, Oklahoma Baptist, etc etc etc are not closing their doors.

DAF86
03-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Why do you think I mentioned atheists and drug/alcohol abuse?

The Studies

Generally speaking, the research indicates that people who don’t identify with a particular religion or regularly attend church are more likely to abuse alcohol, tobacco, or illicit drugs. It’s difficult to measure a person’s level of religious affiliation, but the regularity of church attendance is generally considered the best approach. A report from University of Michigan and University of Pittsburgh researchers shows that only 26.3 percent of those who attend services once a week or more are drinkers, compared to 54.5 percent of people who never attend religious services. This trend continues for teens who report using marijuana who attend church weekly and who never attend. Similarly, a survey from Columbia University shows that 19 percent of teens who attend religious services weekly had consumed alcohol in the month prior to the survey compared to 32 percent who attend once a month.

And no there will NEVER be a "known, proud to be" atheist as our President.

Like you and everyone reading this I can't drive 20 miles in any direction and not see some church. And there will never be a time..."In God We Trust"... is removed off our money. They will never shit can Christmas and Easter. Schools like BYU, Villanova, Notre Dame, Abilene Christian, Dallas Baptist, Oklahoma Baptist, etc etc etc are not closing their doors.

That's 'cause you live in a conservative ass country like the US, tbh. Most other countries aren't as religiously crazy as yours. But it doesn't matter son, someday you will grow out of it, evolution can't be stopped, tbh.

Blake
03-03-2017, 12:19 PM
So you're saying Muslims are better than atheists

Avante
03-03-2017, 12:25 PM
That's 'cause you live in a conservative ass country like the US, tbh. Most other countries aren't as religiously crazy as yours. But it doesn't matter son, someday you will grow out of it, evolution can't be stopped, tbh.

The Middle East isn't religiously crazy, well?

Dude....son...???? You have any idea how stupid that is? I have grandkids...son...ok?

I was OBVIOUSLY talking about the USA, I assumed you knew that...son.

clambake
03-03-2017, 12:33 PM
So you're saying Muslims are better than atheists

uh oh. this may cause him to malfunction.

Avante
03-03-2017, 12:35 PM
uh oh. this may cause him to malfunction.

Dude, shut the fuck up, ok? Stop getting in everyones way with your..DUH~~~

clambake
03-03-2017, 12:38 PM
answer the question, princess.

clambake
03-03-2017, 12:42 PM
fucked up old fossil manages to step in his own shit.

DAF86
03-03-2017, 12:48 PM
The Middle East isn't religiously crazy, well?

Dude....son...???? You have any idea how stupid that is? I have grandkids...son...ok?

I was OBVIOUSLY talking about the USA, I assumed you knew that...son.

Yes, The Middle East is religiously crazy, when did I say it wasn't? :lol

And yeah, I knew you were talking about the US, that's why I said what I said, tbh.

Avante
03-03-2017, 01:44 PM
fucked up old fossil manages to step in his own shit.

Stupid, do something other than tag along behind everyone, ok bitch, it looks retarded.

Stupid, you're boring as fuck, ok?

clambake
03-03-2017, 02:00 PM
go boil your dick, pedo

or

answer the question, gas bag.

clambake
03-03-2017, 02:03 PM
fucking chickenshit

Avante
03-03-2017, 02:10 PM
go boil your dick, pedo

or

answer the question, gas bag.

Dude, are you simply a fucking retard? DO SOMETHING....ok stupid? Stop following us around with your stupidity, ok faggot?

How long have you been sucking dicks ya fucking queer?

Blake
03-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Dude, are you simply a fucking retard? DO SOMETHING....ok stupid? Stop following us around with your stupidity, ok faggot?

How long have you been sucking dicks ya fucking queer?

Who is "us"?

clambake
03-03-2017, 02:59 PM
old fuck too chickenshit to answer the question.

Blake
03-03-2017, 03:13 PM

No surprise nothing new.

And if he does try to answer, it won't be a simple yes or no. It'll be a two paragraph non answer mentioning his 27 books on Islam and if we're lucky, a blues YouTube

leemajors
03-03-2017, 10:42 PM
cluck cluck

Avante
03-03-2017, 11:17 PM

Stupid, when I have morons like you following me around CONSTANTLY I put nothing into this. All you stupid fucks are are pests, ok?

Do other things, ok faggot, ya bore me to tears alright? Same old stupid shit every day from you faggot, ok?

Let's do this ya little queer, starting right now you are to be 100%/totally ignored, got it? Now here's what a sick fuck like you will do, you will STILL follow Avante around, now how sad is that?

clambake sucked dick
both night and day
ya see he had it bad
in the worst way

so here he came
with Avante on his mind
a fucking faggot
gutter slime

so Avante dumped
the little queer
no more clambake
Avante grins ear to ear

Good by faggot, RIP.

clambake
03-04-2017, 01:12 PM
he's pretty upset.

Blake
03-04-2017, 04:14 PM
he's pretty upset.

The edited angry meltdown posts are the best.

DMC
03-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Stupid, when I have morons like you following me around CONSTANTLY I put nothing into this. All you stupid fucks are are pests, ok?

Do other things, ok faggot, ya bore me to tears alright? Same old stupid shit every day from you faggot, ok?

Let's do this ya little queer, starting right now you are to be 100%/totally ignored, got it? Now here's what a sick fuck like you will do, you will STILL follow Avante around, now how sad is that?

clambake sucked dick
both night and day
ya see he had it bad
in the worst way

so here he came
with Avante on his mind
a fucking faggot
gutter slime

so Avante dumped
the little queer
no more clambake
Avante grins ear to ear

Good by faggot, RIP.

Just imagine how good it will be at 70.

Leetonidas
03-04-2017, 06:01 PM
God dam avante is the dumbest mother fucker on this site, that's saying something tbh

Leetonidas
03-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Also he rapes children.

Atheist 1 child raping religitard 0

Avante
03-04-2017, 08:48 PM
God dam avante is the dumbest mother fucker on this site, that's saying something tbh

I'm not the one following people around acting stupid dumbass, that would be you.

Avante
03-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Also he rapes children.

Atheist 1 child raping religitard 0

Why conitue that lie fucker, ya know my stance on that sick shit. Dummy where did you ever get that stupid idea anyway, do you even know? You don't have a clue where that all started do ya stupid?

Blake
03-04-2017, 09:03 PM
I'm not the one following people around acting stupid dumbass, that would be you.

Do you think people follow you around outside your house too