PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Kawhi Leonard traveled on final play..

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2017, 08:11 PM
http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/03/L2M-IND-SAS-03-01-17.pdf

Mikeanaro
03-02-2017, 08:12 PM
What about that call on D-League when he was sandwiched and Lebron shot a 3?

Darius Bieber
03-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Spurref tbh

SAGirl
03-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Heh today's NBA :rollin
He travels by switching the pivot foot and just b4 that LMA was in the paint longer than 3 seconds.

Chinook
03-02-2017, 08:15 PM
I've never read one of those before. Are all those missed calls, or are they just pointing out anything that could be considered controversial and explaining it?

Darius Bieber
03-02-2017, 08:21 PM
I've never read one of those before. Are all those missed calls, or are they just pointing out anything that could be considered controversial and explaining it?

On the right side, you'll see either "CC" or "CNC" or "INC" for each incident.

CC = Correct call.
CNC = Correct Non-Call
INC = Incorrect Non-Call (which is Leonard's travel in this report.)

larrychen21
03-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Who cares? We won!

KDKSpurs24
03-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Oh well.. I'll take that W regardless.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Good to have a superstar that gets superstar calls, tbh:tu Spurs haven't had one of those in a while..

See: Game 5 vs. OKC when Dominos received a game-changing phantom call with 1 minute remaining:lol

sasaint
03-02-2017, 08:29 PM
I'm with GSH on this one. THAT ain't where the line on traveling should be drawn. When NBA Refs get competent calling the obvious 3-4 step moves to the basket, then they can move to the more subtle calls.

100%duncan
03-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Pretty funny :lol doesnt change the many times we got shafted by the refs in the playoffs

Seventyniner
03-02-2017, 08:51 PM
I thought that move looked strange in real time but I didn't go back to specifically look for a travel.

gospursgojas
03-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Saw it when the IND bench was calling for it. Oh well, missed calls happen.

dabom
03-02-2017, 09:45 PM
I seriously had to watch it for 10 minutes. Had to watch one foot for a while, then the other for another. I had to watch the semi fumble when he got the ball in his hands. He moved his pivot 2 inches. In basketball that is a no call. All post players move way way more than that. In real time you don't call that. Certainly not at the end of the game..

SpurPadre
03-02-2017, 09:54 PM
We can't justify it, guys, an incorrect call is an incorrect call. Don't be a blind homer. We got away with one.

YGWHI
03-02-2017, 09:54 PM
Well NBA report said Kawhi was fouled in the last play against Houston in the first game against them...Nobody made a thread about that.

Anyway, I wonder if they will call travel most LBJ and Russ drives to the rim...

illusioNtEk
03-02-2017, 10:02 PM
lol fuck you nba

dabom
03-02-2017, 10:08 PM
It wasn't a travel for me. He rotates his pivot from the middle of his foot. All basketball players do that. It isnt even a crazy advantage.

dabom
03-02-2017, 10:12 PM
FYI no actual refs are part of the 2 minute report. So even retired refs have been known to disagree with calls because they are looking at the language of basketball through different lenses.

wildbill2u
03-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Good to have a superstar that gets superstar calls, tbh:tu Spurs haven't had one of those in a while..

:lol

Super stars get some slack to show their super powers. :toast

DMC
03-02-2017, 10:45 PM
It doesn't matter. It's RS and Spurs have a good lead on 3rd seed. Besides, correct all mistakes before getting to Leonard and see if he even needs to make that play.

cd98
03-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Refs don't end games on traveling calls. Players decide the end of games.

GSH
03-02-2017, 11:06 PM
We can't justify it, guys, an incorrect call is an incorrect call. Don't be a blind homer. We got away with one.

Justify? Who said anything about justifying? If he moved his pivot, it was a travel. Okay, I don't have any problem saying that. Focusing on a single play at the end of a game though? (I'm not bitching at you - just the NBA.)

I expect a review of the video would find another dozen or so (or more) travelling calls that didn't get made. But if the NBA really wants to get serious about missed calls, why not go back and count all the times guys carry the ball in a single game? If that's too much, how about identifying the plays where guys travel AND carry the ball?

Wait... better still, how about they tell us what happened when the refs decided to call a 2-shot foul on Dedmon on a made free throw. That's a dead ball, and they have a clear-cut rule for dead ball fouls. The refs just made shit up that time.

My point is that there were LOTS of missed calls in that game. Because there are lots of missed calls in every game. Focusing on just the ones at the end of a game is just throwing gasoline on a fire. And as missed calls go, that one last night doesn't even hit the radar screen. We gave Derek Fisher credit for making the shot, even though we a knew the clock didn't start in time, and it took more than any .4 seconds. I think I'll just give Kawhi credit for making a damned fine shot, even if his pivot foot hopped.

At least Indy had 2.4 seconds to try and make their own great shot, and they didn't get it done. Game over.

PopTheGOAT
03-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Kinda looked like PG hooked his left arm and got him off balance to me

John Petrucci
03-02-2017, 11:11 PM

It's this simple. That is simply not a travel in that game situation, not on any player. No ref would ever make that call.

There's no justifying that needs to be done. It's a moot point and really quite funny to even discuss.

spurs10
03-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Watched the play several times....I'm sure there were many more egregious no-calls than this in the last few minutes of the game...much less the entire game. Got me thinking about last years' OKC playoff.

spurs10
03-02-2017, 11:18 PM
It's this simple. That is simply not a travel in that game situation, not on any player. No ref would ever make that call.

There's no justifying that needs to be done. It's a moot point and really quite funny to even discuss.
Just like they weren't going to send him to the line when PG bumped him.

YGWHI
03-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Justify? Who said anything about justifying? If he moved his pivot, it was a travel. Okay, I don't have any problem saying that. Focusing on a single play at the end of a game though? (I'm not bitching at you - just the NBA.)

I expect a review of the video would find another dozen or so (or more) travelling calls that didn't get made. But if the NBA really wants to get serious about missed calls, why not go back and count all the times guys carry the ball in a single game? If that's too much, how about identifying the plays where guys travel AND carry the ball?

Wait... better still, how about they tell us what happened when the refs decided to call a 2-shot foul on Dedmon on a made free throw. That's a dead ball, and they have a clear-cut rule for dead ball fouls. The refs just made shit up that time.

My point is that there were LOTS of missed calls in that game. Because there are lots of missed calls in every game. Focusing on just the ones at the end of a game is just throwing gasoline on a fire. And as missed calls go, that one last night doesn't even hit the radar screen. We gave Derek Fisher credit for making the shot, even though we a knew the clock didn't start in time, and it took more than any .4 seconds. I think I'll just give Kawhi credit for making a damned fine shot, even if his pivot foot hopped.

At least Indy had 2.4 seconds to try and make their own great shot, and they didn't get it done. Game over.

Coach McMillan on Kawhi's game winner: "I thought he traveled before he took that shot."...He has a point — Kawhi’s pivot foot moves around a lot before his shot.

On the other hand, that kind of movement occurs very often in the NBA without a whistle. Grasping at a missed call in this scenario seems like an attempt to rationalize a great play by a true superstar.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kawhi-leonards-game-winner-is-a-reminder-the-spurs-are-contenders-071747116.html

Thomas82
03-03-2017, 12:03 AM
Kinda looked like PG hooked his left arm and got him off balance to me

Same here. It looked to me like Kawhi got fouled into the travel.

BillMc
03-03-2017, 12:04 AM
It wasn't a travel for me. He rotates his pivot from the middle of his foot. All basketball players do that. It isnt even a crazy advantage.

These

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2017, 12:11 AM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2d77w5x.jpg

:depressed

rasuo214
03-03-2017, 12:12 AM
According to the report Teague also traveled. Only difference is the Spurs executed successfully on a missed call and the Pacers didn't (missed FTs).

cd98
03-03-2017, 12:24 AM
The travel is that he establishes a pivot foot and then lifts the pivot foot before he Goes into his shot. This kind of traveling is called maybe 60% of the time. It's funny bc I was at the game watching this on replay and saying he traveled. But Refs don't call that at the end of the game. They also are loose on fouls as both Kawhi and George were fouled on the last two plays. Refs let them play and sometimes that has burned the Spurs but I still prefer it that way.

alpha_HaZE
03-03-2017, 01:03 AM
He traveled and the call went our way, I am happy with that :)

What's to complain? That he didn't travel?

Here is what is going to happen, Kawhi is going to do it again, and the refs will not call it :)

To me that is evidence that Kawhi has arrived in this league.

Nothing to complain, but lot's to celebrate :)

DAF86
03-03-2017, 01:14 AM
I'll take the W, fuck you all very much. <3

tenbeersbold
03-03-2017, 01:15 AM
Meh,PG got way more leeway in bumping/fouling Leonard on that play,if Leonard had missed we'd all be screaming he was fouled and rightly so

GSH
03-03-2017, 01:30 AM
I'll take the W, fuck you all very much. <3

:D

Anyone watch the end of the Portland-OKC game tonight? I couldn't even count all the calls those refs refused to make in the last minute. It got laughable on the last few plays with Adams out at the top of the circle "screening" for Westbrook. He's moving around, bashing into defenders, hip checking, grabbing - whatever it takes. And way out there, you know the refs can't miss it. NBA refs just aren't making those calls in the final minute.

Ice009
03-03-2017, 02:38 AM
Pretty funny :lol doesnt change the many times we got shafted by the refs in the playoffs

Ray Allen traveled on that shot in game 6. I don't want to hear any shit about traveling from the NBA or anyone else.

james evans
03-03-2017, 04:51 AM
How does the NBA feel about this?
http://i.makeagif.com/media/3-03-2017/F5EdEn.gif

John Petrucci
03-03-2017, 05:50 AM

they absolutely love it. It's why traveling is usually only called on boring plays in the beginning or middle of a game.

NameLess Scrub
03-03-2017, 06:40 AM
In context, I'm glad Kawhi got away with it as Spurs have been screwed before in more important scenarios.

Realistically, it's a bit of a hard call to make if the travel is as subtle as you guys claim it was.

In general, I think the NBA makes a bit of a joke of the game by letting people carry the ball and travel, and being selective with fouls, apparently in order to benefit the show and business aspect of the league.

james evans
03-03-2017, 06:52 AM
nba officials are the worst of all the major sports in Amerika.

SpursforSix
03-03-2017, 08:34 AM

Yeah...it's supposed to even out. But I'd rather have an advantageous call in the playoffs. Like a .4 or a missed foul call on a three point shooter.

Regardless it was still a heck of a shot. Even if he wouldn't have traveled, I think he gets that same look. Leonard starting to have a fadeaway close to Dirks. Almost unstoppable with that length.

SpursforSix
03-03-2017, 08:35 AM

Lol. Good God.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-03-2017, 09:49 AM
Yeah, go fuck yourself, Kike Silver, and fuck/gas/burn the rest of you meddling kikes too.

Spurs won, kike. Eat shit. Kawhi FTW

TheDoctor
03-03-2017, 10:00 AM

:lol

TheGreatYacht
03-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Yeah, go fuck yourself, Kike Silver, and fuck/gas/burn the rest of you meddling kikes too.

http://cdn.minecraft-mp.com/cache/plugins/864_banhammer.png

picnroll
03-03-2017, 10:21 AM

How cute. Spurstalk has it's own retarded Nazi asshole.

GSH
03-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Yeah, go fuck yourself, .... Silver, and ... the rest of you meddling ... too.

Wow. Even on ST that has to be over the line. Dude, you seriously need to seek some kind of professional help.

For now, delete that shit, and beg the people who quoted you to delete it too. And stop it. Just stop it.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-03-2017, 11:11 AM
Wow. Even on ST that has to be over the line. Dude, you seriously need to seek some kind of professional help.

For now, delete that shit, and beg the people who quoted you to delete it too. And stop it. Just stop it.

Over the line? I need help? TLB... hmm, what are you, a snivelling PC libtard? #stillasshurt over the election? Face the music, you lost, forever, :lmao

I'm a regular American tired of the meddlers who manipulate shit upstairs, the injuns, jews and ragheads need to go... #MAGA baby forever! :toast

TheGreatYacht
03-03-2017, 11:15 AM
This faggot must've found his cousin in his bed with his brother. Salty as hell today :lol might throw a bible at y'all

UNT Eagles 2016
03-03-2017, 11:21 AM
How cute. Spurstalk has it's own retarded Nazi asshole.

https://vnnforum.com/images/smilies/tjbsmiley.gif

UNT Eagles 2016
03-03-2017, 11:23 AM
http://cdn.minecraft-mp.com/cache/plugins/864_banhammer.png
Over at VG/SF we have TLB (typical libtard behavior), TJB and TNB... I think you can figure out what the last two are.

Also this:

https://vnnforum.com/images/smilies/smileyhappypq4.gif

TheGreatYacht
03-03-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm a regular American tired of the meddlers who manipulate shit upstairs, the injuns, jews and ragheads need to go...
http://img07.deviantart.net/30f4/i/2010/026/6/e/tru7h_in_a_fedora_by_hltru7h.png

#MAGA baby forever! :toast
You tell em, Ernest!

LaMarcus Bryant
03-03-2017, 11:49 AM
Good to see Kawhi getting Kobkobkobkobiekob calls

picnroll
03-03-2017, 12:14 PM
https://vnnforum.com/images/smilies/tjbsmiley.gif
Shouldn't you find a team with only white players on it to meet your exacting standards asshole?

SpurPadre
03-03-2017, 12:48 PM
I get the hate against the anti-Semitic posts and Nazism, obviously but I don't get the selective hate against bigotry. I mean, people post anti-Latino shit all the time here but that gets a free pass and sometimes anti-Black stuff gets a free pass but when anti-Semitic stuff comes up, THAT is when people take offense? It's all offensive and this dude needs to get pinked, tbh.

picnroll
03-03-2017, 01:29 PM
All the bigotry on this site sucks but this asshole talks about burn/gas. Kind of like endorsing lynching. This asshole is the worst POS I've seen on the site.

r0drig0lac
03-03-2017, 02:17 PM
Who cares? We won!

spursistan
03-03-2017, 02:28 PM
837666755568889857..National media are now dedicating an entire article on one missed caLL that benefited Kawhi..GTFOH :lolwhere were they when the so called Super star racked up 5 fouls by mid 3rd quarter in Cippers just a week ago on NAT TV..

Thomas82
03-03-2017, 02:38 PM
837666755568889857..National media are now dedicating an entire article on one missed caLL that benefited Kawhi..GTFOH :lolwhere were they when the so called Super star racked up 5 fouls by mid 3rd quarter in Cippers just a week ago on NAT TV..

+1

james evans
03-03-2017, 02:49 PM
I get the hate against the anti-Semitic posts and Nazism, obviously but I don't get the selective hate against bigotry. I mean, people post anti-Latino shit all the time here but that gets a free pass and sometimes anti-Black stuff gets a free pass but when anti-Semitic stuff comes up, THAT is when people take offense? It's all offensive and this dude needs to get pinked, tbh.
basically. It's cool to talk about blacks and latinos but say something about a European Jew and it's bad. For the record, "Jew" isn't a race. There are black and white Jews. And I don't hate anyone's religion.

Arcadian
03-03-2017, 02:57 PM

:lol good point. "faggot" is perfectly fine here, but "kike" is crossing the line? So arbitrary...

SpurPadre
03-03-2017, 03:15 PM
basically. It's cool to talk about blacks and latinos but say something about a European Jew and it's bad. For the record, "Jew" isn't a race. There are black and white Jews. And I don't hate anyone's religion.

I never said "Jew" is a race but I get your point.

SpurPadre
03-03-2017, 03:17 PM
:lol good point. "faggot" is perfectly fine here, but "kike" is crossing the line? So arbitrary...

IKR! I get that Texas is a red state but San Antonio is liberal isn't it? I'm in uber-blue state California so all I know about San Antonio is Spurs basketball and the Riverwalk...as a die-hard Spurs fan since 1990.

CGD
03-03-2017, 03:18 PM
This discussion reminds me of the epic Brent Barry quote from the 2008 playoffs:

"That’s awesome because Doc Brown is waiting for me outside, and we’re going to get in the DeLorean and fire up the flux capacitor and we’re going to go back and shoot a couple of free throws.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thewowjonesreport.wordpress.com/2008/06/12/san-antonio-spur-brent-barry-super-quote/amp/

lefty
03-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Meh before that Fisher foul, Lakers turned it over because of the refs tbh....

UZER
03-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Meh before that Fisher foul, Lakers turned it over because of the refs tbh....

Take your meh and shove it up your hee hee *MJ*

james evans
03-03-2017, 03:31 PM
I never said "Jew" is a race but I get your point.
I know. I wasn't referring to you but people are always making that mistake.

SpurPadre
03-03-2017, 03:44 PM
I know. I wasn't referring to you but people are always making that mistake.

Yeah I agree, just like the mistake of Latinos being referred to as a race instead of ethnicity. There are black, white, Asian, Indigenous, and mixed race (mestizo) Latinos. Manu is a prime example of a white Latino.

Trueblood
03-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Yeah I agree, just like the mistake of Latinos being referred to as a race instead of ethnicity. There are black, white, Asian, Indigenous, and mixed race (mestizo) Latinos. Manu is a prime example of a white Latino.

Try teaching this to a group of 7th graders in Texas history. Literally blew their mind when I told them mexican wasn't a race...

SupremeGuy
03-03-2017, 06:35 PM
The short bus refs :lol

tholdren
03-03-2017, 07:46 PM
wonder how many no call travel or carries happened before the game winner? NBA is not fundamental, why pretend?

GSH
03-03-2017, 08:01 PM

Did anybody ever put a shitload of gay people into ovens and burn them? The guy was talking about ovens and Jews, and putting up emojis with swastikas. If that seems arbitrary to you, or anyone else, there's no point in explaining. SMDH.

Arcadian
03-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Did anybody ever put a shitload of gay people into ovens and burn them? The guy was talking about ovens and Jews, and putting up emojis with swastikas. If that seems arbitrary to you, or anyone else, there's no point in explaining. SMDH.

Actually yes, people did used to burn gays. That's where the term "faggot" comes from - a bunch of sticks they'd use to burn them.

UZER
03-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Actually yes, people did used to burn gays. That's where the term "faggot" comes from - a bunch of sticks they'd use to burn them.

Everyone has had their turn being burned at some point in history.

Ice009
03-03-2017, 11:19 PM

WHAT IN THE FUCK????????????????

Ray Allen traveled on the game 6 shot. What in the fuck is the media going on about. What a bunch of fucking scum.

UZER
03-04-2017, 12:22 AM
^^ :lol

Par for the course. Spurs always under the radar but something like this happens and it's front page news. Other teams always on front page news, but something like this happens and it's a completely ignored.

TampaDude
03-04-2017, 08:03 AM
Fuck 'em. We won. The media can suck a rusty robot cock.

picnroll
03-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Nope.
Since the term is thrown around here so much by the mentally limited here's the origin.

http://www.wordorigins.org/index.php/site/comments/faggot/