PDA

View Full Version : Clippers fans (probably players and coaches) are opently cheering for the Spurs ..

spursistan
03-02-2017, 11:27 PM
837506218117775360Yeah, that's the main Clippers blog online..And that's what two straight playoff flameouts as favourites have done to this team overall pedigree around the league..Put few opposing coaches, scouts, executives, players on truth serum and tell them to size up the Spurs and I bet "regular season paper tigers" would be a running theme..I understand it is game of match-ups, but this is bordering on 2011 Grizzlies level of disrespect that a team goes out of its way to tank all the way to a bottom seed because they are so confident they have our number..Time for Pop, Kawhi (hilariously clueless vs LAC) and the rest of Spurs players with any pride left to sack up and send this bunch of perennial chokers to an early vacation and potential team blowup..If not, then it is us who are in need for a major shake up if these whiny losers send us home again....

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2017, 11:29 PM
It's not really an insult to the Spurs, though..

I've never seen a team dominate another like the Warriors have done to the Clippers the past 2 seasons, so it's justifiable that they would try to avoid them..Houston seems like a terrible matchup for them, too..

PopTheGOAT
03-02-2017, 11:37 PM
I've been pulling for a Houston 2nd round matchup, but part of me wants to see the Spurs send these clowns packing tbh

TimDunkem
03-02-2017, 11:40 PM
They're right to believe it.

bklynspursfan
03-02-2017, 11:48 PM
Clips will regret it if they do want us. We won't lose b2b series against those guys. Especially with HCA.

spursistan
03-02-2017, 11:49 PM
They're right to believe it.Which is kind of sad, tbh..It is not like we are some run of the mill 55-win team..Second year they are going to win something in mid 60s win total with gaudy net rating, yet still plenty of question marks about their performance in the playoffs-- from the coach, to the superstar, to the rest role players..I wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of "experts" and NBA watchers overwhelmingly pick the Clippers in that potential series..

BillMc
03-02-2017, 11:50 PM
Clips will regret it if they do want us. We won't lose b2b series against those guys. Especially with HCA.
+1

spursgu
03-02-2017, 11:54 PM
Spurs can beat them in a series, imo. The rosters of the last two years weren't that good to begin with and some of their core players were injured heading into the playoffs (Parker/Splitter - 2015, Duncan last season). This year we will see how healthy this team is towards the playoffs but I think there were matchup problems that were figured out last game.

Snaq O'Meal
03-03-2017, 12:07 AM
They're right to believe it.

Doc owns Pop the same way Phil has owned Pop over the years. Can't blame them for being overconfident.

alpha_HaZE
03-03-2017, 12:08 AM
Clippers is the easier out for us, and we are going to beat them this time and they feel the same. I don't think either team wants to play the Rockets in RD2 and then the warriors if they make it. Facing only one of them is ideal.

marinoman
03-03-2017, 12:39 AM
3,000 followers, meh it's some fan account sharing his thoughts, he's not wrong either, they have a shot against us not against the warriors

NameLess Scrub
03-03-2017, 06:53 AM
Austin Rivers approves that tweet, tbh.

Sadly, Spurs cannot afford to tank to avoid them. Better get ready for the WCF (whine, chuck and flop).

Mnky
03-03-2017, 09:02 AM
Kawhi is far better than he was then. He could always dissapoint again, but I don't see it happening in a series. I trust LMA to get going before playoffs. Tony is playing more consistent and more of a pg, plus been hustling on defense. Our second unit has a big upgrade with pau and development of simmons, not to mention Dedmon and Lee being much better fighters and competitors than what we have had.

I think spurs would just fine.

Trueblood
03-03-2017, 09:10 AM
Spurs with Dedmon in the starting lineup are a different team. I get that they want to avoid the Dubs and that they think they have a better chance against us, but we showed in the last game that we can match up athletically. It really comes down to do we think we can beat LA's frontcourt or Houston's guards/refs. Personally I'll take LA with a weaker bench plus HCA against GS.

Chinook
03-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Let's put it this way: If the Spurs get the two-seed, the Clips can tank to match up. If the Spurs get the one-seed, the Clips can't. They aren't good enough to "decide" to be the fourth or fifth seed. They're going to have to win and hope that they stay ahead of the other teams. Right now, they look like a seventh seed, and that shapes up better for the Spurs anyway.

sananspursfan21
03-03-2017, 09:40 AM
Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe this is just their olive branch of friendship that they've extended to our guys? :rolleyes

NameLess Scrub
03-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe this is just their olive branch of friendship that they've extended to our guys? :rolleyes

Austin Rivers does not have friends, only victims.

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2017, 11:59 AM
It's not really an insult to the Spurs, though..

I've never seen a team dominate another like the Warriors have done to the Clippers the past 2 seasons, so it's justifiable that they would try to avoid them..Houston seems like a terrible matchup for them, too..

To elaborate for anybody that hasn't been following their matchups, the Warriors have beaten them in 10 consecutive games by an average margin of 13 points per game:lol

If the Spurs had an opponent that owned them like that over a 3-year span, we would all want to avoid them, too..

spursistan
03-03-2017, 01:21 PM
wrong thread.

Horse
03-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Let's not forget the fake injury, luck chuck not to mention the screwjob "officials timeout". Also think Tiago was not right.

Seventyniner
03-03-2017, 07:45 PM
To elaborate for anybody that hasn't been following their matchups, the Warriors have beaten them in 10 consecutive games by an average margin of 13 points per game:lol

If the Spurs had an opponent that owned them like that over a 3-year span, we would all want to avoid them, too..

The Spurs had owned the Warriors like that for almost two decades. Not that it matters now.

BillMc
03-03-2017, 08:21 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/68/68ab4b98f7a35f911e1dc3314ebd5b06dae6479de176b961c7 9cd9ad9d8b6253.jpg

dabom
03-03-2017, 08:32 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/68/68ab4b98f7a35f911e1dc3314ebd5b06dae6479de176b961c7 9cd9ad9d8b6253.jpg

He always sneaking around though. :lol

BillMc
03-03-2017, 08:40 PM
He always sneaking around though. :lol
True.:lol

TheGreatYacht
03-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Clippers officially tanking for us :lol down 20 at halftime to the Bucks

spursistan
03-04-2017, 06:08 PM
838066292242399233If the Spurs get bounced by this Clipper team that's going to likely manipulate seeding to play them, I think that would speak volumes about our team than them..No matter how flawed we are; it shouldn't to get the point that a 63-65 win-team have zero fear factor about them..

TD 21
03-04-2017, 06:24 PM
838066292242399233If the Spurs get bounced by this Clipper team that's going to likely manipulate seeding to play them, I think that would speak volumes about our team than them..No matter how flawed we are; it shouldn't to get the point that a 63-65 win-team have zero fear factor about them..

It's nothing new though. They had zero fear factor about them in '11, '15 (were dominant down the stretch of the regular season) and '16, despite dominant regular seasons.

They had it from '12-'14 because of unprecedented team play/depth, but that was the exception to the rule. It generally comes from (super) star power. They have it in Leonard, but he's yet to have a dominant playoff run as the lead option and isn't the type that's liable to explode for 50 or make his teammates better through his play making. They also don't have a second player in his stratosphere.

elemento
03-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Not afraid tbh

It's going to be just like Memphis a few years ago. We started to fear them after 2011, then SA figured them out and started to own them constantly, in the RS and in the playoffs. Just start Dedmon over Pau and the Spurs is fine agains them, as long as the key players show up

99 Problems
03-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Good luck to the Clips, it's their last hurray before they gut the roster and start again. Good luck running the floor with Whi, Dedmin and Simmiinds.

spursistan
03-09-2017, 02:21 AM
Clippers fans on twitter have turned into Spurs cheerleaders...With how shitty they are playing right now it would be absolutely hilarious if they get bounced in the first round before they even get to us..

They are two games off the Jazz in the loss column and will play a desperate Grizzlies team tomorrow..

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Clippers fans on twitter have turned into Spurs cheerleaders...With how shitty they are playing right now it would be absolutely hilarious if they get bounced in the first round before they even get to us..

They are two games off the Jazz in the loss column and will play a desperate Grizzlies team tomorrow..

They could fall to 6th, but Memphis is really struggling, too..they've had the worst defense in the NBA, the past few weeks..

spursistan
03-09-2017, 01:52 PM
They could fall to 6th, but Memphis is really struggling, too..they've had the worst defense in the NBA, the past few weeks..
I would hope so..There are some ominous bad vibes around that Clipper team right now..CP3 hasn't looked that great Since ASB..Blake/DJ have been listless on defense..the bench has regressed to putrid after that fluke November..Austin Rivers has cooled off after looking like a legitimatey decent NBA starter in Paul absence..JJ Redick has become more streakier ..

I wouldn't rule out an implosion tbh..they are not winning B2B playoffs rounds without HCA if they don't turned around in last month of season..

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2017, 02:04 PM
I would hope so..There are some ominous bad vibes around that Clipper team right now..CP3 hasn't looked that great Since ASB..Blake/DJ have been listless on defense..the bench has regressed to putrid after that fluke November..Austin Rivers has cooled off after looking like a legitimatey decent NBA starter in Paul absence..JJ Redick has become more streakier ..

I wouldn't rule out an implosion tbh..they are not winning B2B playoffs rounds without HCA if they don't turned around in last month of season..

I think it's evident that they're tired of each other and Rivers IMO, it's been brewing for at least 2 seasons, according to reports..

Their talent level is very overrated, too..outside of an aging Paul and Griffin, the rest of their team is unspectacular..Jordan hasn't been that good, this season(his All-Star selection was horrible) and the rest of their team is very inconsistent(most are capable of exploding, but no consistency)..

BillMc
03-09-2017, 02:08 PM

Agreed.

NameLess Scrub
03-09-2017, 02:12 PM

Performance against other teams is irrelevant. Their confidence ups like 200% when they play the Spurs :lol

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2017, 02:17 PM
They won't even make the 2nd round if they don't get the 5 seed, tbh..they still match up really well vs. Utah, though..