PDA

View Full Version : ROFL... Republicans lose their copy of their super-secret Obamacare replacement bill

RandomGuy
03-03-2017, 03:13 PM
:lmao

You know.. the one literally hidden in the basement that they won't let anyone see?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/02/gop-obamacare-replacement-bill-hidden-in-congress-basement.html

What a bunch of dumbasses

Welcome to the clownocracy, brought to you by the Republican party.

baseline bum
03-03-2017, 03:17 PM
LOL I remember seeing that faggot Ryan talking about how the Obamacare repeal was being handled out in the open for everyone to see.

hater
03-03-2017, 03:21 PM
"Scrub the email server?? You mean like with a cloth or something?? " - Killary Roundass Klinton

Blake
03-03-2017, 03:26 PM
Insane

DarrinS
03-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Just ram it through and then release the details -- the Pelosi method

RandomGuy
03-03-2017, 03:45 PM
"Scrub the email server?? You mean like with a cloth or something?? " - Killary Roundass Klinton

3iFOkGEe8UU

RandomGuy
03-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Just ram it through and then release the details -- the Pelosi method

Pretty much.

Hypocritical as fuck for people who bitched about it being secret and no one reading it, isn't it?

clambake
03-03-2017, 04:04 PM
ohhhh he got you on that one darrin

spurraider21
03-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Pretty much.

Hypocritical as fuck for people who bitched about it being secret and no one reading it, isn't it?
Where was your outrage then?

DMX7
03-03-2017, 04:24 PM
3iFOkGEe8UU
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=8921193

At times, Trump makes George W. Bush look like a nuclear physicist in comparison.

CosmicCowboy
03-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Pretty much.

Seriously? They are still working on it. Why publicize a work in progress? When it's done it's done and you can criticize it then.

This is not like Pelosi standing at the podium at midnight telling everyone they had to vote for the bill RIGHT NOW so they could read it afterwards.

Thread
03-03-2017, 10:20 PM
At times, Trump makes George W. Bush look like a nuclear physicist in comparison.

& isn't it so quaint now that Media has Trump on the skewer suddenly Bush 2 is the cat's meow. I mean they called this fucker everything from a cokehead to a total asshole. Now? All manner of tributes and programming is showing up on the TV.

Just shows ta go ya.

TeyshaBlue
03-04-2017, 12:01 AM
Where was your outrage then?

Because Republicans.

leemajors
03-04-2017, 01:53 AM
Seriously? They are still working on it. Why publicize a work in progress? When it's done it's done and you can criticize it then.

This is not like Pelosi standing at the podium at midnight telling everyone they had to vote for the bill RIGHT NOW so they could read it afterwards.

"nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated"

leemajors
03-04-2017, 01:54 AM
& isn't it so quaint now that Media has Trump on the skewer suddenly Bush 2 is the cat's meow. I mean they called this fucker everything from a cokehead to a total asshole. Now? All manner of tributes and programming is showing up on the TV.

Just shows ta go ya.

he's not, but nice try there buddy.

Thread
03-04-2017, 03:10 AM
he's not, but nice try there buddy.

I know, but, yet he is.

mavsfan1000
03-04-2017, 04:54 AM
Fake News

spurraider21
03-04-2017, 04:56 AM
what makes OP think they lost their copy? i didnt see that in the article

CosmicCowboy
03-04-2017, 01:01 PM
"nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated"

Whats complicated is the grand compromise to get any change passed in the House and Senate. Between the Democrat Luddites who will vote against change at any cost for spite and the "balance the budget at any cost" Republicans its the Political process that is a mess. It's not like Obamacare is so great it couldn't be improved.

Wild Cobra
03-04-2017, 01:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

leemajors
03-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Whats complicated is the grand compromise to get any change passed in the House and Senate. Between the Democrat Luddites who will vote against change at any cost for spite and the "balance the budget at any cost" Republicans its the Political process that is a mess. It's not like Obamacare is so great it couldn't be improved.

well, duh. that's why it was stupid of him to even say that. anyone with a brain knows it's complicated.

CosmicCowboy
03-04-2017, 03:19 PM
well, duh. that's why it was stupid of him to even say that. anyone with a brain knows it's complicated.

Well, it's clear the ACA will ultimately collapse if they don't do anything. Until proven otherwise I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they can propose some rational improvements to the ACA without denying anyone existing coverage.The Republican budget hawks will always be budget hawks if it costs money, but if the Democrats want to unanimously deny any proposed changes to the ACA out of spite it may just come back to bite them in the ass in 2018.

baseline bum
03-04-2017, 03:25 PM
Well, it's clear the ACA will ultimately collapse if they don't do anything. Until proven otherwise I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they can propose some rational improvements to the ACA without denying anyone existing coverage.The Republican budget hawks will always be budget hawks if it costs money, but if the Democrats want to unanimously deny any proposed changes to the ACA out of spite it may just come back to bite them in the ass in 2018.

What rational improvements? Trump's speech was touting Price's plan that burns the entire safety net to the ground. Of course the Democrats are going to oppose that.

CosmicCowboy
03-04-2017, 04:24 PM
What rational improvements? Trump's speech was touting Price's plan that burns the entire safety net to the ground. Of course the Democrats are going to oppose that.

You haven't seen the pattern yet? He says some outrageous shit that gets everyone in an uproar then comes back later with a watered down plan (example: dreamers can stay) and everyone says "well that's not so bad".

It's primitive but can be an effective negotiation at times.

Anything less than a compromise some democrats could accept on the ACA would be DOA and they are bound to know that.

spurraider21
03-04-2017, 04:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLUaren't you the same guy who always screams about CONTEXT

DarrinS
03-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Did they find it yet?

spurraider21
03-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Did they find it yet?:lol "lose their copy"

RandomGuy
03-07-2017, 05:09 PM

They have had years. Sorry. Now that they have released it, we can criticize.

I hope they pass it, then they can 'splain to the people who lose their coverage.

DarrinS
03-07-2017, 05:50 PM
I guess they found it.

baseline bum
03-07-2017, 06:12 PM
I guess they found it.

They should lose this piece of shit again.

CosmicCowboy
03-07-2017, 07:22 PM

Doesn't matter. They can't pass shit. It won't even get out of the House. Everyone has to sit back and watch the ACA implode on it's own..

mavsfan1000
03-07-2017, 07:26 PM
So you want to keep the Unaffordable Care Act?

baseline bum
03-07-2017, 07:56 PM
So you want to keep the Unaffordable Care Act?

No, I want the Trump to live up to his campaign promise with a health care plan that would be terrific, cover everyone with better health insurance, and cost every person who buys it less than Obamacare costs them. Obama already said he'd push senate democrats to vote for repeal and replace when Trump releases this plan he had that was going to do all that.

SnakeBoy
03-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Doesn't matter. They can't pass shit. It won't even get out of the House. Everyone has to sit back and watch the ACA implode on it's own..

They'll pass something. They have to.

SnakeBoy
03-07-2017, 08:09 PM
No, I want the Trump to live up to his campaign promise with a health care plan that would be terrific, cover everyone with better health insurance, and cost every person who buys it less than Obamacare costs them. Obama already said he'd push senate democrats to vote for repeal and replace when Trump releases this plan he had that was going to do all that.

:lol

CosmicCowboy
03-07-2017, 08:35 PM
They'll pass something. They have to.

Can't. There are 40 hardcore deficit hawk republicans that won't vote for anything but repeal and the butthurt democrats will unanimously vote against anything proposed by the republicans. It will never make it out of the house and if it does it sure wont clear 60 votes in the senate.

mavsfan1000
03-07-2017, 08:36 PM
We could if we add a trillion to the national debt. :lol

ElNono
03-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Can't. There are 40 hardcore deficit hawk republicans that won't vote for anything but repeal and the butthurt democrats will unanimously vote against anything proposed by the republicans. It will never make it out of the house and if it does it sure wont clear 60 votes in the senate.

Dear Leader is going to have to smack some bitches

ElNono
03-07-2017, 08:38 PM

Like we won't be adding another trillion to the national debt anyways :lol

baseline bum
03-07-2017, 08:40 PM

No, he was going to do it while also cutting taxes and bringing down the debt. Why is this guy holding back on this brilliant plan he had? He already said he had to live up to his word on the muslim ban and did. Why not on healthcare too?

ElNono
03-07-2017, 08:42 PM
det wall is going to cost a fucking fortune, but it won't need healthcare though...

baseline bum
03-07-2017, 08:44 PM

The deficit hawk Republicans who gave Trump a standing ovation when he proposed his $1 trillion infrastructure spending plan last Tuesday?

baseline bum
03-07-2017, 08:45 PM
det wall is going to cost a fucking fortune, but it won't need healthcare though...

Don't forget the big increase in spending on our national offense. We must be flush in cash.

pgardn
03-07-2017, 08:55 PM

The Republicans have the ball.
The American people gave them the ball.

Leading is a bitch. Where is Mitch "the unifier" McConnell when you need him.

Now do something with the ball.

CosmicCowboy
03-07-2017, 09:06 PM
The deficit hawk Republicans who gave Trump a standing ovation when he proposed his $1 trillion infrastructure spending plan last Tuesday?

:lol I'm not a Trumpy. I'm just calling it like I see it. Nothing is gonna get passed.

SnakeBoy
03-07-2017, 09:21 PM

They don't need 60 votes in the senate.

Doing nothing is political suicide

leemajors
03-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Looks good for insurance CEOs:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/07/health-insurers-billion-dollar-windfall-gop-obamacare-replacement.html

baseline bum
03-07-2017, 09:29 PM
:lol I'm not a Trumpy. I'm just calling it like I see it. Nothing is gonna get passed.

They're not deficit hawks. They're anti-Obama hawks. They'll fall in line with Trump.

baseline bum
03-07-2017, 09:30 PM

Hopefully this piece of shit bill will be their political suicide should they pass it.

ElNono
03-07-2017, 09:38 PM

That Medicaid expansion rollback is political suicide for a bunch of governors though... I know where CC is coming from, the House and Senate hasn't seen face to face in a long while.

SnakeBoy
03-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Hopefully this piece of shit bill will be their political suicide should they pass it.

Not in deep red districts. The freedom caucus guys who are opposing this because they want a clean repeal and nothing else will have a choice in the end...vote to keep Obamacare or vote for whatever this "repeal" ends up being. They'll fall in line as you said or else they are going to have some serious primary challenges.

'18 doesn't look favorable for Dems to take back Congress. We'll see but I think you're going to have to wait awhile for the Dems return to glory.

SnakeBoy
03-07-2017, 09:40 PM
That Medicaid expansion rollback is political suicide for a bunch of governors though... I know where CC is coming from, the House and Senate hasn't seen face to face in a long while.

Isn't the medicaid rollback kicked down the road in this bill?

ElNono
03-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Isn't the medicaid rollback kicked down the road in this bill?

The sunset is Dec 31, 2019, IIRC. And after that, it's not just the expansion rolled back, but they move on a per-capita allocation. It's political suicide on poor states like Ohio or Pennsylvania. And I'm not criticizing just for the sake of it, it's a really dumb move considering those are the kinda states the GOP needs to remain in the WH...

baseline bum
03-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Not in deep red districts. The freedom caucus guys who are opposing this because they want a clean repeal and nothing else will have a choice in the end...vote to keep Obamacare or vote for whatever this "repeal" ends up being. They'll fall in line as you said or else they are going to have some serious primary challenges.

'18 doesn't look favorable for Dems to take back Congress. We'll see but I think you're going to have to wait awhile for the Dems return to glory.

Deep red districts benefit from Obamacare too and it seems like many redstate voters elected Trump on the ridiculous idea he was going to make their coverage better and cheaper instead of pulling it out from under them. Once it's gone you could see people pretty pissed. I don't think you can just assume election results. Clinton was supposed to be president for the longest time and the GOP was supposed to be dead back in September. The American people can change whims pretty quickly. They voted overwhelmingly Democrat in 06 and 08 yet by 09 liberal Massachusetts elected a Republican to replace Ted Kennedy in the senate and force the house to pass the senate's ACA bill or pass nothing. Then the GOP demolished the 2010 midterms.

SnakeBoy
03-07-2017, 09:52 PM
The sunset is Dec 31, 2019, IIRC. And after that, it's not just the expansion rolled back, but they move on a per-capita allocation. It's political suicide on poor states like Ohio or Pennsylvania. And I'm not criticizing just for the sake of it, it's a really dumb move considering those are the kinda states the GOP needs to remain in the WH...

I thought I read it was 5 years. 2019 would be really dumb, if they are going to do this they need to do this like Obama delayed the more painful aspects of the ACA until after his re-election campaign .

ElNono
03-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Also, we go back to the penalties for a lapse in insurance, which puts another barrier into entering the market while it fills the insurance co pockets. Lose your job, can't afford insurance, it lapses. Now to get in again your premium is up to 130% more for a year.

wtf? smh

leemajors
03-07-2017, 09:55 PM

heaven forbid they spend that wall money rebuilding water lines in cities.

ElNono
03-07-2017, 09:57 PM
I thought I read it was 5 years. 2019 would be really dumb, if they are going to do this they need to do this like Obama delayed the more painful aspects of the ACA until after his re-election campaign .

https://thefederalist.com/2017/02/28/heres-summary-house-republicans-leaked-obamacare-draft/

With respect to the Medicaid match rate, the discussion draft reduces the enhanced federal match to states, effective December 31, 2019. The bill provides that states receiving the enhanced match for individuals enrolled by December 31, 2019 will continue to receive that enhanced federal match, provided they do not have a break in Medicaid coverage of longer than one month. (In the case of states that already expanded Medicaid to able-bodied adults prior to Obamacare’s enactment, the bill provides for an 80 percent federal match for 2017 and all subsequent years.)

(Don't know anything about thefederalist.com, but I can attest I read the draft bill last night and it was there).

ElNono
03-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Also, Medicaid plans no longer have to cover the 'minimum coverage' imposed in ACA. That also sunsets in Dec 31, 2019.

CosmicCowboy
03-07-2017, 10:37 PM
I still say it won't make it out of the house. They would have to bust up the good ol boy "freedom caucus" and that's 40 votes. I don't see it happening.

mavsfan1000
03-08-2017, 04:36 AM
Also, we go back to the penalties for a lapse in insurance, which puts another barrier into entering the market while it fills the insurance co pockets. Lose your job, can't afford insurance, it lapses. Now to get in again your premium is up to 130% more for a year.

wtf? smh
That money would go to the insurance companies. I guess that is a way to avoid a bunch of companies from going out of business without adding to the debt. Hopefully that keeps prices down. I might actually get it then. But yeah Trump promised too much.

spurraider21
03-08-2017, 04:50 AM
No, he was going to do it while also cutting taxes and bringing down the debt. Why is this guy holding back on this brilliant plan he had? He already said he had to live up to his word on the muslim ban and did. Why not on healthcare too?he said we're going to "save so much money on the other side" that it wont add to the debt