PDA

View Full Version : Clapper confirms no evidence of contact between Russia and Trump campaign

hater
03-05-2017, 06:17 PM
:lmao clapper shot this conspiracy theory down just now :lmao

:lol libertards

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/full-clapper-no-evidence-of-collusion-between-trump-and-russia-890509379597

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 06:24 PM
That's not what he said. Plus Trump's own people said they talked to Russia :lmao

Trumptards :lmao

Reck
03-05-2017, 06:25 PM
This doesn't actually make Trump look good.

Even the FBI is outing Trump as a fucking dumbass.

hater
03-05-2017, 06:30 PM
His statement today basically put a nail in the coffin to the conspiracy theory.

Trump got what he wanted all he wanted is Clapper to come out and admit it on national tv.

Genius

:lmao killarytards

mavsfan1000
03-05-2017, 06:35 PM
These political games are ridiculous.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 07:17 PM
"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing."

Totally what you'd say (on natl tv) if you had super secret collaboration with Russians. :lmao

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Fucking ruse

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 07:22 PM
What the Dems really want, and was mentioned in that interview, is the special prosecutor. Someone with a huge staff and broad subpoena powers.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 07:23 PM
This doesn't actually make Trump look good.

Even the FBI is outing Trump as a fucking dumbass.
Prepare to make yourself look like a fucking dumbass. What did Clapper say that made Trump look bad?

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 07:32 PM
:lol

Again, "don't you think we need a special prosecutor?" Mukasey with the goods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfA2ROMzhJU

florige
03-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Prepare to make yourself look like a fucking dumbass. What did Clapper say that made Trump look bad?

I don't think he was referring to what Clapper said, I think he meant that Trump went off of unconfirmed reports without verification and tweeted about it at 6am. This is starting to become a trend.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Damn, Martha had a rough morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2GCXc8bSOw

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 07:48 PM
I don't think he was referring to what Clapper said, I think he meant that Trump went off of unconfirmed reports without verification and tweeted about it at 6am. This is starting to become a trend.
This thread is about what Clapper said.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 07:51 PM

Keep in mind what intel POTUS sees now vs what candidate Trump was able to see.

Reck
03-05-2017, 07:51 PM

Pizzaboy, is it hand holding time again?

-Trump wakes up
-Goes on a twitter meltdown, accuses Obama of wiretapping him
-Proceeds to get shit on for a day and a half by his own peers and the public alike
-Clapper gets interviewed and totally shuts down the wiretapping claims by Trump, therefore, making Trump look like a liar, a fraud, a dumbass

But wait, there's more.

-The FBI's Comey goes to the DOJ and asks them to rebuke Trump's claim because they are obviously false

Hope that helped catch you up, pedo.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Reck -- I'm pretty sure Trump was made aware of something that sent him on his Twitter rant.

Reck
03-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Reck -- I'm pretty sure Trump was made aware of something that sent him on his Twitter rant.

Yet you have two top people in the intelligence community rebuke him. One is the director of the FBI, mind you.

baseline bum
03-05-2017, 07:56 PM

Yeah, Mark Levin's rant.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Yeah, Mark Levin's rant.

You don't think the president has better info than that?

DMX7
03-05-2017, 07:58 PM
His statement today basically put a nail in the coffin to the conspiracy theory.

Trump got what he wanted all he wanted is Clapper to come out and admit it on national tv.

Genius

:lmao killarytards

lol, Trump is in a total panic. The investigation is going to proceed.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Pizzaboy, is it hand holding time again?

-Trump wakes up
-Goes on a twitter meltdown, accuses Obama of wiretapping him
-Proceeds to get shit on for a day and a half by his own peers and the public alike
-Clapper gets interviewed and totally shuts down the wiretapping claims by Trump, therefore, making Trump look like a liar, a fraud, a dumbass

But wait, there's more.

-The FBI's Comey goes to the DOJ and asks them to rebuke Trump's claim because they are obviously false

Hope that helped catch you up, pedo.
Clapper said there was no evidence of collusion with the Russians. How is that bad for Trump?

florige
03-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Keep in mind what intel POTUS sees now vs what candidate Trump was able to see.

I understand that. But the problem with Trump is this has become a trend even before he became President with all his ridiculous claims that he was ever able to back up with any evidence.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Yeah, Mark Levin's rant.
Levin is a blowhard, but his claims are all easily verified.

baseline bum
03-05-2017, 08:02 PM

In this case? No, I don't. The conspiratard in chief is always tweeting shit he sees and hears from the rightwing media.

baseline bum
03-05-2017, 08:04 PM
I understand that. But the problem with Trump is this has become a trend even before he became President with all his ridiculous claims that he was ever able to back up with any evidence.

You're giving him too much credit. He just spouts obvious and easily verified lies, like how he had the largest electoral victory since Reagan. Facts don't matter to his regime.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 08:05 PM
In this case? No, I don't. The conspiratard in chief is always tweeting shit he sees and hears from the rightwing media.

Ok. I know where you stand.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 08:06 PM

:lmao

Reck
03-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Clapper said there was no evidence of collusion with the Russians. How is that bad for Trump?

That was discussed in the interview but so was that Trump's wiretapping claims which is what my OP was about.

Very sly of you to try to shift the narrative though. lol

Spurminator
03-05-2017, 08:09 PM

You think it's a coincidence that Trump received that intel right after Mark Levin's article was published?

His tendency to go on Twitter rants right after stories on Fox News or Breitbart are aired/published is not a new thing.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 08:12 PM
That was discussed in the interview but so was that Trump's wiretapping claims which is what my OP was about.

Very sly of you to try to shift the narrative though. lol
The OP is about Clapper confirming no evidence of collusion, there's been no shift on my part.

Reck
03-05-2017, 08:13 PM

The problem with Trump is he doesn't like to read more than a paragraph.

The arguement that he knows more now than when he was a candidate is pure bullshit and just an excuse. He likes cliff notes.

What happened here was that either he read a by-line on breitbart and went with it, or, someone in his staff told him about the rumors that he may or may not have being looked at because he doesn't like to read intel briefings.

baseline bum
03-05-2017, 08:13 PM
I don't know how anyone can trust a word Trump says when he spouts shit like saying Ted Cruz's dad helped kill Kennedy. It's unbelievable that a claim so despicable and false didn't sink his campaign.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 08:16 PM
What Clapper said clearly went over TSA's and hater's heads. FISA warrants cannot be named against a campaign or specific person.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 08:16 PM
The problem with Trump is he doesn't like to read more than a paragraph.

The arguement that he knows more now than when he was a candidate is pure bullshit and just an excuse. He likes cliff notes.

What happened here was that either he read a by-line on breitbart and went with it, or, someone in his staff told him about the rumors that he may or may not have being looked at because he doesn't like to read intel briefings.
Why do you spell argument like that? Foreign born?

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 08:18 PM
What Clapper said clearly went over TSA's and hater's heads. FISA warrants cannot be named against a campaign or specific person.
Clapper said there wasn't a FISA warrant to his knowledge. And you are wrong about FISA warrants. And you were wrong about the President not being able to issue a FISA warrant.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 08:19 PM
You think it's a coincidence that Trump received that intel right after Mark Levin's article was published?

His tendency to go on Twitter rants right after stories on Fox News or Breitbart are aired/published is not a new thing.

Sure, Levin is right wing, but he laid out his case using the NYT, the Guardian, McClatchy, and Washington Post as sources. :lol

Reck
03-05-2017, 08:19 PM
Why do you spell argument like that? Foreign born?

When you have no retort, go full grammar nazi.

Pizzaboy rattled. But but...he's easily verifiable. :lmao

Moron.

monosylab1k
03-05-2017, 08:24 PM
I don't know how anyone can trust a word Trump says when he spouts shit like saying Ted Cruz's dad helped kill Kennedy. It's unbelievable that a claim so despicable and false didn't sink his campaign.

He was also able to talk about grabbing women by the pussy, mock a disabled reporter, tell people to "go fuck themselves", and talk shit about veterans relentlessly.....we have literally reached Idiocracy in America. America hit the top of the roller coaster and is heading towards freefall. Regardless of what happens next, it doesn't matter. America crossed a line it can never return from. It's all downhill from here. All empires die eventually, and America's turn is coming sooner than later. It won't be in our lifetimes, but in 200 years when children study "The Fall Of The American Empire" the presidency of Trump will be chapter 1.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 08:25 PM

When you have no retort, go full grammar nazi.

Pizzaboy rattled. But but...he's easily verifiable. :lmao

Moron.
My question was about your spelling, not grammar.

So why do you spell it that way?

Spurminator
03-05-2017, 08:25 PM
- Obama was born in Kenya
- Would have won popular vote if you subtract 3 million illegal votes
- Bigger inauguration crowd
- Cruz father involved in assassination of JFK
- Vaccines may lead to autism
- Won't release his tax returns as every other elected President has done for the last 40 years

But yeah, we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Reck
03-05-2017, 08:28 PM
My question was about your spelling, not grammar.

So why do you spell it that way?

I'm not going to get into who spells what right on a fucking message board, you dumbfuck.

If you're so bad at this thing, maybe you shouldn't dive head first into a discussion you know you're going to lose.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Clapper said there wasn't a FISA warrant to his knowledge. And you are wrong about FISA warrants. And you were wrong about the President not being able to issue a FISA warrant.
FISA warrants are for ANY US persons involved in espionage. A warrant cannot be named against a specific person or campaign.

pgardn
03-05-2017, 08:29 PM

The list is long and bizzare.

People really did not care about these wild things before the election. They really had no desire for anything Hillary. But now when one has to lead... Its time to stop. But he can't. It is truly amazing.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Clapper said there were no FISA warrants against the Trump campaign, which is technically true because it cannot be named towards a campaign. :lmao TSA

Spurminator
03-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Sure, Levin is right wing, but he laid out his case using the NYT, the Guardian, McClatchy, and Washington Post as sources. :lol

This is like saying 9/11 Truthers have a legitimate case because they use real building documents and photos taken from legitimate news sources.

The claim that Obama ordered wiretaps on Trump has not in any way been tangibly proven. But investigate away.

DMX7
03-05-2017, 08:31 PM
I think the reason Trump is so sensitive about this is because if his phones were tapped it would be the end of him and he knows it.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 08:32 PM
The list is long and bizzare.

People really did not care about these wild things before the election. They really had no desire for anything Hillary. But now when one has to lead... Its time to stop. But he can't. It is truly amazing.

He decided to go on offense.

I say, investigate EVERYTHING and put the evidence out there for all to see.

Reck
03-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Clapper said there were no FISA warrants against the Trump campaign, which is technically true because it cannot be named towards a campaign. :lmao TSA

Oh stop it, you.

TSA will now start questioning your writing skills and ask you why you didn't use a capital letter in your name. :cry :lol

TheSanityAnnex
I'm not going to get into who spells what right on a fucking message board, you dumbfuck.

If you're so bad at this thing, maybe you shouldn't dive head first into a discussion you know you're going to lose.
I'm just curious why you choose to spell it that way. What discussion am I going to lose? I'm in a thread about Clapper confirming there was no collusion with the Russians.

spurraider21
Reck -- I'm pretty sure Trump was made aware of something that sent him on his Twitter rant.he probably had just gotten his daily dose of breitbart

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 08:34 PM
You don't think the president has better info than that?You don't think the president elect had better info than thousands of muslims cheering on new jersey rooftops?

You dont think the President had better info than having a larger inauguration crowd than Obama (and no, not counting live streamers, etc... the audience at the mall)?

You don't think the President has better info than making up 3-5 million illegal voters?

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 08:35 PM
he probably had just gotten his daily dose of breitbart

Again, I think this is naive, since the president now has access to much more info than the media (any media).

Believe me. :lol

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 08:36 PM

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 08:36 PM
I'm just curious why you choose to spell it that way. What discussion am I going to lose? I'm in a thread about Clapper confirming there was no collusion with the Russians.

Clapper didn't confirm there was no collusion. He confirmed there was no FISA warrant against the Trump campaign because that's not how a FISA works :lol

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Clapper didn't confirm there was no collusion. He confirmed there was no FISA warrant against the Trump campaign because that's not how a FISA works :lol

He said there was no collusion based on anything he'd seen. You should watch again.

monosylab1k

So just cater to every last whim of that delusional moron?

Hey guess what, DarrinS, you're a child molester that also fucks dogs. And you're a serial killer. And you fund ISIS. And you spray horse semen on disabled people. And you once took a literal shit on a 6 year old's tribute to 9/11.

It's all true. People who disagree should just investigate EVERYTHING and put the evidence out there for all to see.

Spurminator
Yeah his claim about the size of his inauguration crowd was probably also based on his Presidential access to info.

baseline bum
03-05-2017, 08:39 PM
- Obama was born in Kenya
- Would have won popular vote if you subtract 3 million illegal votes
- Bigger inauguration crowd
- Cruz father involved in assassination of JFK
- Vaccines may lead to autism
- Won't release his tax returns as every other elected President has done for the last 40 years

But yeah, we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt here.

- Most electoral votes since Reagan
- The election is rigged
- Hillary is the creator of ISIS
- He handpicked the teachers for Trump U
- Trump Tower is 68 floors

djohn2oo8
He said there was no collusion based on anything he'd seen. You should watch again.

Because he can comment on an ongoing investigationand reveal classified information, Good God :lmao

pgardn

Offense?

He is in the stadium parking lot selling Dr. Pepper as Moutain Dew.

Really... wtf?

Reck
03-05-2017, 08:40 PM

How about the fact you just said a president can order a FISA warrant and be given it, for instance? :lol

You keep reading stuff from right leaning sites and spewing them here as facts.

And you're curious a lot. The other day you asked me how old I was. Creepy. :lmao

pgardn
03-05-2017, 08:41 PM
- Most electoral votes since Reagan
- The election is rigged
- Hillary is the creator of ISIS
- He handpicked the teachers for Trump U
- Trump Tower is 68 floors

Ohh and there much is more.
Its nuts.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 08:42 PM

Hey guess what, DarrinS, you're a child molester that also fucks dogs. And you're a serial killer. And you fund ISIS. And you spray horse semen on disabled people. And you once took a literal shit on a 6 year old's tribute to 9/11.

It's all true. People who disagree should just investigate EVERYTHING and put the evidence out there for all to see.

Did you have a stroke?

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 08:42 PM
And no TSA, a President cannot issue a FISA warrant.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 08:44 PM

Durrr, but their DOJ can. It is interesting that the time Loretta Lynch talked to Clinton on the tarmac was right about the time of the first FISA request, which was denied.

monosylab1k
03-05-2017, 08:44 PM
DarrinS also once fucked a corpse, let Rachel Maddow shit in his mouth, jerked off to a tape of Timothy McVeigh confessing to the Okahoma City bombing, and pissed into the open throat wound of a fresh ISIS beheading victim.

Until someone out there investigates EVERYTHING then this should just be accepted as fact. Or at the very least, not in any way be dismissed as complete bullshit.

Adam Lambert
03-05-2017, 08:45 PM

all of this is true

TheSanityAnnex
FISA warrants are for ANY US persons involved in espionage. A warrant cannot be named against a specific person or campaign.
A FISA warrant can be issued against a specific person and they are all the time. Stop relying on Twitter for your facts.

monosylab1k
Did you have a stroke?

I'm just going on offense.

baseline bum
03-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Ohh and there much is more.
Its nuts.

Someone needs to make a list of all of these complete and ridiculous boldfaced lies. He's like a five year old.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 08:48 PM
A FISA warrant can be issued against a specific person and they are all the time. Stop relying on Twitter for your facts.

A FISA warrant has to be granted by a FISA court. And no they can't be issued at anytime. They require a high amount of evidence (of people acting as an agent of foreign power) for probably cause

Spurminator
03-05-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm not even completely sold that Trump himself believes he's being tapped.

The last year has shown that the Breitbart / Alt-Right perspective of the news has benefitted him greatly, so why not amplify it?

He probably thought more people would buy it because it seemed like a convincing argument to him, whether true or not.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 08:51 PM
DarrinS also once fucked a corpse, let Rachel Maddow shit in his mouth, jerked off to a tape of Timothy McVeigh confessing to the Okahoma City bombing, and pissed into the open throat wound of a fresh ISIS beheading victim.

Until someone out there investigates EVERYTHING then this should just be accepted as fact. Or at the very least, not in any way be dismissed as complete bullshit.

You make a compelling case for Trump being pissed at fake news and continuous allegations without evidence. :lol

Reck
03-05-2017, 08:52 PM
TSA is confusing "FISA" for "pizza."

You can order those anytime.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 08:53 PM

Like I said TSA, "Any persons in connection". Cannot name a specific person or group.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 08:54 PM
How about the fact you just said a president can order a FISA warrant and be given it, for instance? :lol

You keep reading stuff from right leaning sites and spewing them here as facts.

And you're curious a lot. The other day you asked me how old I was. Creepy. :lmao
You want to bet your account that the President can get a FISA warrant?

monosylab1k
03-05-2017, 08:54 PM
Holy crap, the dirt on DarrinS just keeps coming in! He's also eaten bald eagles raw with his bare hands, killed a dog in the name of Satan inside the attic of a Baptist church, pulled his dick out in front of kids at a preschool, punched a pregnant woman in the stomach while saying "free abortion!", and of course he once tweeted President Obama and told him how much he admired him.

This absolutely cannot be dismissed until someone investigates EVERYTHING and puts all the evidence out there for all to see.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 08:55 PM
You want to bet your account the President can get a FISA warrant?

DarrinS
Holy crap, the dirt on DarrinS just keeps coming in! He's also eaten bald eagles raw with his bare hands, killed a dog in the name of Satan inside the attic of a Baptist church, pulled his dick out in front of kids at a preschool, punched a pregnant woman in the stomach while saying "free abortion!", and of course he once tweeted President Obama and told him how much he admired him.

This absolutely cannot be dismissed until someone investigates EVERYTHING and puts all the evidence out there for all to see.

GoldenShowerGate

Adam Lambert

oh shit lmao

Reck
03-05-2017, 08:56 PM
You want to bet your account that the President can get a FISA warrant?

Order=Get

Moving ze goalpost once more. :lol

TheSanityAnnex
A FISA warrant has to be granted by a FISA court. And no they can't be issued at anytime. They require a high amount of evidence (of people acting as an agent of foreign power) for probably cause

monosylab1k

You can order those anytime.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 08:57 PM
Order=Get

Moving ze goalpost once more. :lol
You want to bet your account the President can order a FISA warrant?

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 08:58 PM
You want to bet your account the President can get a FISA warrant?

You said order. Too late to change your mind.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 08:58 PM
You said order. Too late to change your mind.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 08:59 PM

No he cannot. Has to be granted by a court and ordered by the DOJ/FBI.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 08:59 PM
No he cannot. Has to be granted by a court by ordered by the DOJ/FBI.
Do you want to bet your account yes or no?

hater
03-05-2017, 09:00 PM
lol, Trump is in a total panic. The investigation is going to proceed.

Clapper just said there cant be an investigation there is nothing :lol

Unless you call Pelosi and Waserman Shits dressing up in white and looking like a couple of walking dead an investigation :lmao

pgardn
03-05-2017, 09:00 PM
GoldenShowerGate

So you do get how utterly silly this is...

But Trump can't stop. He is president, can anyone make him stop? It's a fckn distraction. Do what you said you would and forget about the rest. Be a leader for Christsakes.

Reck
03-05-2017, 09:04 PM

Huh?

Clapper is no longer in the business to know what the FBI or NSA or any other intelligence agency is doing. He wouldn't have access to who's being investigated and what not.

He's just a retired, old man seeking relevance again.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 09:05 PM

Sure

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 09:05 PM
You'll be gone in less than two months anyways when obstruction of justice charges aren't brought on Priebus might as well just get it done with today.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 09:06 PM
“While the order would have been requested by some part of the executive branch, Obama can’t order anything. Nor can Trump,” says former NSA lawyer April Doss, who stresses that her comments are based only on public information. “The order has to come from the court, and the court operates independently.”

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=vcK8WPGVO6aVjwTu0oaICQ&q=president+fisa+court&oq=president+fisa+court&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3..33i160k1.27194.30851.0.31636.22.21.1.5.5.0.6 56.6267.2-13j3j2j2.20.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-hp..6.16.2995.3..0j5j46j35i39k1j0i131k1j0i20k1j0i4 6k1j0i22i30k1j33i21k1.huMrnmtfZqM#scso=uid_WLzC3wA K-0cKVKupNQe_eg_0:535&xxri=7

Okay TSA you lose. You lost your account. Goodbye.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 09:08 PM
I'll miss all your baseless tweets. Bye bye djohn2008

Sure

(1) Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year if the Attorney General certifies in writing under oath that—
(A) the electronic surveillance is solely directed at—
(i) the acquisition of the contents of communications transmitted by means of communications used exclusively between or among foreign powers, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title; or
(ii) the acquisition of technical intelligence, other than the spoken communications of individuals, from property or premises under the open and exclusive control of a foreign power, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title;
(B) there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party; and
(C) the proposed minimization procedures with respect to such surveillance meet the definition of minimization procedures under section 1801(h) of this title; and
if the Attorney General reports such minimization procedures and any changes thereto to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence at least thirty days prior to their effective date, unless the Attorney General determines immediate action is required and notifies the committees immediately of such minimization procedures and the reason for their becoming effective immediately.

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?path=/prelim@title50/chapter36&edition=prelim

SnakeBoy
03-05-2017, 09:08 PM

This is what I was thinking reading this thread. Isn't Clapper admitting that all the media reports about a Trump/Russia investigations are fake news.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 09:09 PM

(1) Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year if the Attorney General certifies in writing under oath that—
(i) the acquisition of the contents of communications transmitted by means of communications used exclusively between or among foreign powers, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title; or
(ii) the acquisition of technical intelligence, other than the spoken communications of individuals, from property or premises under the open and exclusive control of a foreign power, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title;
(B) there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party; and
(C) the proposed minimization procedures with respect to such surveillance meet the definition of minimization procedures under section 1801(h) of this title; and
if the Attorney General reports such minimization procedures and any changes thereto to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence at least thirty days prior to their effective date, unless the Attorney General determines immediate action is required and notifies the committees immediately of such minimization procedures and the reason for their becoming effective immediately.

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?path=/prelim@title50/chapter36&edition=prelim

Through the Attorney general. So no the President cannot order anything :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
“While the order would have been requested by some part of the executive branch, Obama can’t order anything. Nor can Trump,” says former NSA lawyer April Doss, who stresses that her comments are based only on public information. “The order has to come from the court, and the court operates independently.”

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=vcK8WPGVO6aVjwTu0oaICQ&q=president+fisa+court&oq=president+fisa+court&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3..33i160k1.27194.30851.0.31636.22.21.1.5.5.0.6 56.6267.2-13j3j2j2.20.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-hp..6.16.2995.3..0j5j46j35i39k1j0i131k1j0i20k1j0i4 6k1j0i22i30k1j33i21k1.huMrnmtfZqM#scso=uid_WLzC3wA K-0cKVKupNQe_eg_0:535&xxri=7

Okay TSA you lose. You lost your account. Goodbye.
"former" lawyer for a reason :lol

spurraider21

You want to bet your account the President can get a FISA warrant?issue =/= get

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 09:10 PM
"former" lawyer for a reason :lol

And knows more than you :lol

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 09:12 PM
"former" lawyer for a reason :lolformer NSA lawyer. could just be a lawyer that no longer works for the NSA...

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 09:13 PM
former NSA lawyer. could just be a lawyer that no longer works for the NSA...
It was a joke. And she's wrong. A President can order surveillance without a court order.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 09:14 PM

Nice try. You lost. Leave with honor.

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 09:15 PM
It was a joke. And she's wrong. A President can order surveillance without a court order.
http://www.saul.com/attorneys/april-f-doss

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 09:16 PM

Yeah, no one can order it. You ask a judge and he/she grants or rejects the request. FISA only rejects about 0.03%, so they aren't hard to get. It is notable that the one requested in June 2016 was one of those 0.03% rejections.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 09:18 PM

You said a President can issue a FISA warrant. You were wrong. And are still wrong. He cannot do anything on his own.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Yeah, no one can order it. You ask a judge and he/she grants or rejects the request. FISA only rejects about 0.03%, so they aren't hard to get. It is notable that the one requested in June 2016 was one of those 0.03% rejections.
The President doesn't need a judge to order.

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 09:20 PM

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?path=/prelim@title50/chapter36&edition=prelimthat's only through the AG, if the AG certifies under oath those specific provisions.

even then, subsection i says it must be "exclusively between or among foreign powers"... or you can go through subsection ii which states it must be technical intelligence from property or premises "under the open and exclusive control of a foreign power"

none of this applies to the trump case at all, unless it is determined that Trump is a foreign power (russia?)

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 09:21 PM

He would still need an AG to certify it in an emergency. So he still can't do it on his own :lol

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 09:21 PM

I was specifically referring to FISA warrants, since that seems to be what was used.

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 09:23 PM
You want to bet your account the President can order a FISA warrant?and yeah, what you cited to is not a FISA warrant. it bypasses the need for a warrant

monosylab1k
03-05-2017, 09:23 PM
GoldenShowerGate

I want a full investigation of all the serious allegations made against you. Only that will prove anything.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 09:24 PM
Let's not be naive tho, the AG is pretty much going to be acquiescent to the POTUS that appointed them.

TheSanityAnnex
You said a President can issue a FISA warrant. You were wrong. And are still wrong. He cannot do anything on his own.This is how the President would circumvent courts and do it on his own.

Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information

DMX7

LMAO, no he didn't. You're badly and embarrassingly mistaken. :lol

The investigation will proceed. The evidence hasn't even been fully collected for evaluation. We haven't even seen Trump's tax returns for Christ's sake. :lol

DarrinS
I want a full investigation of all the serious allegations made against you. Only that will prove anything.

You still aren't making any sense, tbh.

spurraider21
Let's not be naive tho, the AG is pretty much going to be acquiescent to the POTUS that appointed them.unless they've been recused...

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 09:27 PM
that's only through the AG, if the AG certifies under oath those specific provisions.

even then, subsection i says it must be "exclusively between or among foreign powers"... or you can go through subsection ii which states it must be technical intelligence from property or premises "under the open and exclusive control of a foreign power"

none of this applies to the trump case at all, unless it is determined that Trump is a foreign power (russia?)
Never said it applied to Trump case. Was speaking generally to the Presidents powers of surveillance

pgardn
Let's not be naive tho, the AG is pretty much going to be acquiescent to the POTUS that appointed them.

Nixon fired his for not towing the line I think.

djohn2oo8
This is how the President would circumvent courts and do it on his own. Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence informationIf the AG doesn't certify then it can't happen. President cannoto do it without that. Cannot do it on his own :lolgive it up you have lost. The President doesn't certify it on his own.

monosylab1k
03-05-2017, 09:28 PM
You still aren't making any sense, tbh.

These are serious allegations against you. None of which can be dismissed without a full investigation

Reck
03-05-2017, 09:29 PM
TSA, you're done. Stop reaching.

It clearly states through the Attorney general. The president cannot go up to the courts himself and ask for said warrant. Only through the proper channels which are in place to follow specific steps.

Even the header (which you not so cleverly decided to not include says..)

Electronic surveillance authorization without court order; certification by Attorney General; reports to Congressional committees; transmittal under seal; duties and compensation of communication common carrier; applications; jurisdiction of court

I'll miss your pointless and random conspiracies. Or not. :lol

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 09:30 PM
Never said it applied to Trump case. Was speaking generally to the Presidents powers of surveillanceand even then the passage you cited to does not provide means to get warrant, as your bet suggested. it jumps straight to the surveillance... there's a difference there. under certain circumstances, an officer can arrest people without a warrant. that's not the same as saying the officer got a warrant without a judge

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 09:30 PM
Goodbye TSA. You have lost.

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 09:31 PM
TSA, you're done. Stop reaching.

It clearly states through the Attorney general. The president cannot go up to the courts himself and ask for said warrant. Only through the proper channels which are in place to follow specific steps.

Even the header (which you not so cleverly decided to not include says..)

Electronic surveillance authorization without court order; certification by Attorney General; reports to Congressional committees; transmittal under seal; duties and compensation of communication common carrier; applications; jurisdiction of court

I'll miss your pointless and random conspiracies. Or not. :lol
The President doesn't need to go to the courts, nor does his attorney general.

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 09:31 PM

and even then the passage you cited to does not provide means to get warrant, as your bet suggested. it jumps straight to the surveillance... there's a difference there. under certain circumstances, an officer can arrest people without a warrant. that's not the same as saying the officer got a warrant without a judge

Reck
03-05-2017, 09:34 PM

Is this you posting one last time or just stalling?

You live by the sword and you die by the same. Bye bye.

Th'Pusher
that's only through the AG, if the AG certifies under oath those specific provisions.

Gotta agree and side with djohn on his bet with TSA on this one.

TSA you lost your account. Leave with honor.

ElNono
Looks like TSA lost his account...

Damn, must suck after that 50 page thread on pizzas... :lol

djohn2oo8
see ya

ElNono
03-05-2017, 09:35 PM
You can welch, TSA... no biggie, IMO...

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 09:36 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/172413-pour-one-out-40-for-my-homies-57kQ.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/iThaM3NlpjH0Y/giphy.gif

ElNono
03-05-2017, 09:37 PM
former NSA lawyer. could just be a lawyer that no longer works for the NSA...

She's a lawyer, tbh... FAKE NEWS...

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 09:38 PM
She's a lawyer, tbh... FAKE NEWS...hey man, people make jokes about attorneys, but when they're in trouble they don't call comedians

ElNono
03-05-2017, 09:40 PM
hey man, people make jokes about attorneys, but when they're in trouble they don't call comedians

They might call Putin instead... ohhhh, shitttttt....

TheSanityAnnex
03-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Is this you posting one last time or just stalling?

You live by the sword and you die by the same. Bye bye.
This coming from a known welsher :lmao

I could make excuses like your bitch ass did but instead will honorably kill TheSanityAnnex account for saying the President can get a FISA warrant for surveillance when in actuality the President can bypass the FISA courts and need no warrant for surveillance. My point still stands.

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 09:41 PM
i guess TSA will bring back his ChumpDumper account, tbh

i do think TSA is a bit cuckoo but didnt really wanna see him go. but he offered the ELE and is manning up to it :bobo

DarrinS
Chuck Todd's wording was interesting -- referring to "this idea that maybe president Obama ordered an illegal wire tap of his offices". A FISA warrant is perfectly legal.

ElNono

Maybe his AngelLuv account, tbh

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 09:42 PM

No way :lol

Reck
03-05-2017, 09:42 PM

I could make excuses like your bitch ass did but instead will honorably kill TheSanityAnnex account for saying the President can get a FISA warrant for surveillance when in actuality the President can bypass the FISA courts and need no warrant for surveillance. My point still stands.

Then why are you leaving if you think you're right?

Dont be a pussy and try to flip this. You were wrong and you failed.

Did not impressed.

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 09:43 PM
Then why are you leaving if you think you're right?

Dont be a pussy and try to flip this. You were wrong and you failed.

Did not impressed.he believes his underlying point was right, that the president can authorize surveillance without a judge, even though he was wrong by the precise wording of the bet (warrant)

djohn2oo8
03-05-2017, 09:44 PM
TSA you can have your account back when Trump goes to jail just so I can hear your thoughts about it.

DarrinS
In case anyone is wondering -- actual colonoscopy of Rosie O'Donnell.

https://media.giphy.com/media/iThaM3NlpjH0Y/giphy.gif

spurraider21
doesn't he have an account just called TSA (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7640) or is that somebody else entirely

i guess we'll just see who ends up updated the pizza thread

looks like its him tbh... mostly a bunch of threads about guns

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=121138

ElNono
03-05-2017, 09:46 PM
What I find kinda sad/hilarious is the sudden outrage about surveillance... gee, who would've thought government may ever abuse such powers? (rhetorical)

If you guys remember, this is actually a program that was completely secret until the NY Slime, as they're called now, brought it to light in Bush Jr admin... followed by the disclosures by Snowden during Barry's tenure...

Reck
03-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Maybe his AngelLuv account, tbh

A while ago I made a crack about how angelluv was a hot piece of ass and he got all bent about it. I wonder why he would care about it.

This is one explanation.

monosylab1k
03-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Looks like TSA lost his account...

Damn, must suck after that 50 page thread on pizzas... :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsJMnnKgNjg

DarrinS
What I find kinda sad/hilarious is the sudden outrage about surveillance... gee, who would've thought government may ever about such powers? (rhetorical)

If you guys remember, this is actually a program that was completely secret until the NY Slime, as they're called now, brought it to light in Bush Jr admin... followed by the disclosures by Snowden during Barry's tenure...

Started by Bush, but put on steroids under Obama. Utah data center.

pgardn
I don't know that either formally agreed to the bet.
TSA put it up, but did djohn ever agree?

Im going to have to review this In my chambers.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 09:50 PM

A while ago I made a crack about how angelluv was a hot piece of ass and he got all bent about it. I wonder why he would care about it.

This is one explanation.

There's no way he's CumpDumper tho.

florige

This is one explanation.

That might explain a few things. Angel luv sincerely believed Obama was the anti-Christ.

spurraider21
pgardn

Sure

pgardn
03-05-2017, 09:51 PM
I don't know that either formally agreed to the bet.
TSA put it up, but did djohn ever agree?

Im going to have to review this In my chambers.

In my chambers it has been brought to my attention in post #92 there was agreement.

AntiChrist
03-05-2017, 09:52 PM
That might explain a few things. Angel luv sincerely believed Obama was the anti-Christ.

What's up?

pgardn
03-05-2017, 09:53 PM
pgardn (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19184)

Yep.
The blind judge found it but appreciates the counselors confirmation.

monosylab1k
03-05-2017, 09:53 PM

ElNono
03-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Started by Bush, but put on steroids under Obama. Utah data center.

We didn't learn a thing from the Nixon debacle. That's where all this secret court shit comes form, and as long as you keep stuff out of view, the potential for abuse is always enormous.

AntiChrist
03-05-2017, 09:56 PM
So you do get how utterly silly this is...

But Trump can't stop. He is president, can anyone make him stop? It's a fckn distraction. Do what you said you would and forget about the rest. Be a leader for Christsakes.

He's too busy trying to put out all the fires and landmines I left for him. Bwaahahahaha

ElNono
03-05-2017, 09:58 PM
You know what the Presidents can do without asking anybody? They can declassify documents. If there was a wiretap as he claimed, he can declassify that information right now and put it in the public eye.

pgardn
03-05-2017, 09:58 PM

Will you return as PapaJohn?

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 10:00 PM
You know what the Presidents can do without asking anybody? They can declassify documents. If there was a wiretap as he claimed, he can declassify that information right now and put it in the public eye.
:wow

ElNono
03-05-2017, 10:05 PM
FWIW, for those that don't know/remember history, the Executive used to be allowed to directly order wiretaps until the Watergate fiasco under Nixon. In 1978, the FISA court was created, and the executive lost his direct means of ordering wiretaps.

baseline bum
03-05-2017, 10:06 PM

Damn, I think your president is a nut but I always enjoyed talking with you here. Be sure to save some of Cali's best avocados for us Texans now that you actually got some rain and godspeed. :toast

spurraider21
03-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Damn, I think your president is a nut but I always enjoyed talking with you here. Be sure to save some of Cali's best avocados for us Texans now that you actually got some rain and godspeed. :toasthe's retiring that particular account. he'll still post under TSA imo, and probably has other accounts knowing him

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 10:07 PM
FWIW, for those that don't know/remember history, the Executive used to be allowed to directly order wiretaps until the Watergate fiasco under Nixon. In 1978, the FISA court was created, and the executive lost his direct means of ordering wiretaps.

He should revoke Obama's changes to EO 12333

hater
03-05-2017, 10:09 PM
What I find kinda sad/hilarious is the sudden outrage about surveillance... gee, who would've thought government may ever abuse such powers? (rhetorical)

Wut? Snowden told the world the US spies on EVERYONE just a few years ago.

No shit its sudden

ElNono
03-05-2017, 10:10 PM
He should revoke Obama's changes to EO 12333

They allegedly said they want to keep those powers intact. It's funny because EO 12333 was originally issued by Reagan in order for other LEO to share information with the CIA.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 10:12 PM

No shit its sudden

And where is Snowden?

Russia. :lol

ElNono
03-05-2017, 10:12 PM

No shit its sudden

The suspicion predates Snowden, since one of the programs was revealed by the NYT over 10 years ago and eventually Congress scrambled and authorized it then (IIRC, then senator Obama voted for it)... Snowden confirmed it and laid out the scope of it.

ElNono
03-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Also, many people that pointed fingers at Snowden for being a 'traitor', now have to suck it up, and recognize he was talking about a real danger...

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 10:16 PM
They allegedly said they want to keep those powers intact. It's funny because EO 12333 was originally issued by Reagan in order for other LEO to share information with the CIA.

Why did aobama make those changes at the very end of his term?

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 10:20 PM
And Trump's twitter rant isn't indicative of someone trying to hide anything. Just like a Russian conspirator, more than likely, wouldn't announce "Hey Russia, if you're listening, find those 30k missing emails."

ElNono
03-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Why did aobama make those changes at the very end of his term?

I can only guess... but my take would be that's it's an unpopular position, considering the dirty laundry we already know about govt surveillance.

I think it's right to complain about such expansion, tbh, but now Trump gets to keep it. That's why it makes no sense to make it about this or that party. We're all getting screwed, whether you like red or blue.

TSA
03-05-2017, 10:22 PM

l4w6q0cxdpU

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 10:24 PM
I can only guess... but my take would be that's it's an unpopular position, considering the dirty laundry we already know about govt surveillance.

I think it's right to complain about such expansion, tbh, but now Trump gets to keep it. That's why it makes no sense to make it about this or that party. We're all getting screwed, whether you like red or blue.

Im guessing he will revoke it, after all the dirty laundry is aired out.

ElNono
03-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Im guessing he will revoke it, after all the dirty laundry is aired out.

One thing Don doesn't want is a beef with the Intelligence Community at large... so there will be no dirty laundry aired out, because he's fully aware it can come back to haunt him.

What's most likely to happen is we're going to move to the next topic du-jour next week and pretend none of this ever happened.

monosylab1k
03-05-2017, 10:30 PM
l4w6q0cxdpU

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 10:31 PM
Maybe Oct 2016 FISA authorization about this

pgardn
03-05-2017, 10:33 PM
Also, many people that pointed fingers at Snowden for being a 'traitor', now have to suck it up, and recognize he was talking about a real danger...

Sure he found a real danger.

But he also did something very illegal.
We can't have individuals from private contractors deciding what they think is important and leaking. This could also go very wrong. This must be emphasized.

ElNono
03-05-2017, 10:33 PM
Maybe Oct 2016 FISA authorization about this

Very likely, read this:
https://theintercept.com/2017/03/04/if-trump-tower-was-wiretapped-trump-can-declassify-that-right-now/

ElNono
03-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Sure he was.

But he also did something very illegal.
We can't have individuals from private contractors deciding what they think is important and leaking. This could also go very wrong. This must be emphasized.

That's certainly debatable. Perhaps we should have a framework where whistleblowers can actually sound alarms on this stuff, but unfortunately, at least with the previous administration, whistleblowers have been treated like nothing but criminals.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 10:38 PM
One thing Don doesn't want is a beef with the Intelligence Community at large... so there will be no dirty laundry aired out, because he's fully aware it can come back to haunt him.

What's most likely to happen is we're going to move to the next topic du-jour next week and pretend none of this ever happened.

I think the beef is already there. If that EO was designed to take Trump down and it doesn't work? Now, you've left behind a very powerful tool for Trump to use against perceived enemies.

pgardn
03-05-2017, 10:43 PM
That's certainly debatable. Perhaps we should have a framework where whistleblowers can actually sound alarms on this stuff, but unfortunately, at least with the previous administration, whistleblowers have been treated like nothing but criminals.

Snowden performed a great service to the country imo.

I have tried to read about proper ways to handle whistle blowers and my head exploded. The complexity dashed with political spin... too much for me.

DarrinS
03-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Snowden performed a great service to the country imo.

I have tried to read about proper ways to handle whistle blowers and my head exploded. The complexity dashed with political spin... too much for me.

He definitely made people aware of the necessity of disabling USB storage devices. :lol

ElNono
03-06-2017, 12:32 AM
I think the beef is already there. If that EO was designed to take Trump down and it doesn't work? Now, you've left behind a very powerful tool for Trump to use against perceived enemies.

I don't think that 'tool' was conceived with Trump in mind, tbh, I think the IC just want any powers they can get their hands on. But all the same: you're correct that every one of those 'tools' have an enormous potential for abuse. Especially since there appears to be little oversight (and you'll hear otherwise, but under the 'trust me' moniker, which is not credible).

Unfortunately citizens or a representative of their interests never sits at that table.

hater
03-06-2017, 07:21 AM
The suspicion predates Snowden, since one of the programs was revealed by the NYT over 10 years ago and eventually Congress scrambled and authorized it then (IIRC, then senator Obama voted for it)... Snowden confirmed it and laid out the scope of it.

Theres a dicference between suspicion and confirmation

Plus Snowden opend this up to the masses. So yeah it is recent